UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:16 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Skyrim: Legendary Edition
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:37 am 
Warder
Warder

UESPoints: 1
My modem doesn't allow that.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:36 am 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion
Platform: Xbox 360
UESPoints: 0
As I haven't even finished the game yet, let alone buy the DLC, I'll probably try to exchange my regular copy for some money and get that release. Getting every DLC is still 45 bucks, so that's not that much of a rip-off.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 6:22 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
I'm definitely getting it. I got Skyrim for 360 the day it came out, and later started playing on my roommate's PC, but I have to use his Steam account to do it since it's his copy of the game. As soon as I can afford to get my own PC copy, I can start playing on my own Steam account and start earning my OWN acheivements. I've earned most of them for Skyrim/Hearthfire/Dragonborn on his account already. :( We also have never got Dawnguard, so I'll have some new stuff to explore on my own when I get my own copy. I just wish I had money. Been unemployed for a while and no luck on the job hunt yet so no money to buy it when it comes out unless something changes soon.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 7:21 pm 
Warder
Warder

Alright, I have some questions for when I begin the Legendary Edition.
1. I planned on playing the DLC later, some time into the game. However, I've heard the Dawnguard DLC has some big negatives if you leave it alone. For example, NPCs will randomly start dying. What's the deal with that?
2. Recommend level for these DLC?

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 7:47 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC
1. Vampires will attack towns at night. It's a random event. I think it doesn't happen all the time, but quite regularly. I have a mod installed that prevents these town attacks, so I don't know how bad it really is.

2. You'll hear about the Dawnguard, starting at level 10. Dragonborn content will start after you talked to the Greybeards for the first time. I think the enemies on Solstheim typically start out at a higher level, so I wouldn't go there too early. But you don't have to be a high level, either. Enemies are still scaled to your level. I'd say, unless you really rush to get that content started, your level will probably be good enough for either DLC.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 7:59 pm 
Warder
Warder

So once I hit level 10 the Dawnguard DLC will activate?
So to prevent the attacks, I should just stay level 8 or 9 for a while.
Right?

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:10 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO, Legends, Blades
Platform: PC, PS4, PS5, XSX
UESPoints: 5
If it's an issue, you could also just disable the Dawnguard Plugin until you're ready for it, assuming you intend to buy it for PC. No need to stunt your level progression.

Beginner's Guide to Morrowind

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:18 pm 
Warder
Warder

I may get it for PC. Sounds like this 'feature' ruins the console versions of the game.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 11:23 pm 
Warder
Warder

Vampire attacks start at level 8, the main quest auto-starts at level 10, and I believe you can hear a rumor from the guards at any point. And if you get it for PC, it's fairly easy to find or make a mod that just disables the random vampire attacks until some absurdly high level (I went with 99).

I wouldn't say it ruins the game either way, though. It may not be to your taste (and it certainly isn't to mine) but it's not game-ruining by any stretch. Most of the horror stories you hear about it are from people who had some bad luck. You don't hear much from the people who didn't have a problem with it. Before I modded the quest I never had an NPC death in multiple attacks; I only modded it because I found them annoying. This also depends on the difficulty you play with, of course (I just use adept).

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 11:28 pm 
Warder
Warder

Thanks for the feedback! :mrgreen: Those so called 'horror stories' worried me...
Maybe I'll just stop leveling up at level seven, until I'm ready. :|

Post subject: Legendary
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:55 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim
Platform: Xbox
I have played extensively on x-box. I have not downloaded any of the patches or add-on content. I have played continuously since Skyrim was released. I create a character and play it out until the character has done most of the exploring and quests and then start a new one. My gameplay has tapered the last month or so in anticipation of starting a new character on the Legendary edition.

Curious as to what to expect with new content available but also realize there will be challenges with glitches fixed. I.e., what will I do without being able to get free archery training from Faendall early on. I am thinking that I will be focusing on role playing more and trying to be more patient in exploring the game rather than moving into factions and quests.

Any similar or different thoughts about how the Legendary/GOTY issuance might influence approaches to the game?

Post subject: Re: Legendary
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:11 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Skyrim, Oblivion
Platform: Xbox 360
Did they patch free training? I was under the impression that they hadn't, but then again the last time I trained anything was about two weeks after release.

Post subject: Re: Legendary
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:13 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim Legendary
I don't believe that has been patched.

I would say just be ready to lose, and have an non ideal world smack you in the face a couple times. This can start with practicing the don't-quicksave-and-load-for-failed-pickpocketing method. You're going to need to prepare your self and your character to lose more NPCs to random vampire attacks and such.

For instance, just starting the game, Sven, Sigrid, and Stump were all slaughtered in the streets by vampires, despite extra security in Riverwood. Alvor and his daughter, after having lost Sigrid and Stump, literally locked themselves inside to mourn the whole day.

"Please, I need to stew...alone."
"I don't want to talk about it."

Ulfberth WarBear even has a dialogue recorded for if Adrienne is killed.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:43 am 
Mod On Leave
Mod On Leave

Platform: Xbox, PC, STD
Other Profiles: Gamertag: MightyGo0dLeadr
UESPoints: 15
Merged topics

I wonder since this will be a separate SKU if there will be separate achievements for this game and if save files won't be compatible. That happened to me with the regular and GOTY versions of Batman: Arkham Asylum.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:02 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Oblivion: GotY, Skyrim, ESO
Platform: PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 4
Musicman247 wrote:
Merged topics

I wonder since this will be a separate SKU if there will be separate achievements for this game and if save files won't be compatible. That happened to me with the regular and GOTY versions of Batman: Arkham Asylum.

Chances are that that is a no. The OB GotY and regular version were able to have compatible save games. I don't see why they would change that or over look such an important feature.

Unionhack wrote:
Your religion does not make you better than other people.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:47 pm 
Warder
Warder

How stable is this game?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:52 pm 
Warder
Warder

In my experience, very stable for a Bethesda game, once completely patched up by both official and unofficial sources.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:21 pm 
Warder
Warder

Great. Hopefully they fixed some peeves I had.
Should I get it now for console, or later for PC?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:23 am 
Warder
Warder

If you're concerned about stability and bugs and so on, I'd recommend PC, so you can make use of the unofficial patches.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:23 pm 
Layman
Layman

Platform: PS3, PC
Other Profiles: Streen_
I just got a laptop that can play games, so I bought this edition of Skyrim. Should I download the unofficial patch? Or wait until I've completed one play-through?

And do the console commands help keep NPC's alive from Vampire Attacks? I'm really counting on that...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:58 am 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
I just got it installed - a cracked version for now, I finally got tired of the glitchy vanilla and I'm getting the real deal anyway in a couple of months, so I don't see any harm in that.

And it's fantastic! :) I got some mods too (SkyUI, Frostfire, Realistic Needs and Diseases, Realistic Lighting, Immersive Armors and a cloak mod) and it feels like starting a brand new game. It runs so smoothly now that I'm seriously mad at myself for not getting it sooner. That's what you get for trying to be an honest person - six months of unnecessary frustration. ;)

I don't know if this is some particularly great crack, or if they finally fixed all the issues in this edition, but on a low-end computer the difference is amazing.

Rule #137: Always waste time when you don't have any.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:53 pm 
Warder
Warder

Saras wrote:
I just got a laptop that can play games, so I bought this edition of Skyrim. Should I download the unofficial patch? Or wait until I've completed one play-through?

And do the console commands help keep NPC's alive from Vampire Attacks? I'm really counting on that...

I would suggest getting the unofficial patches for the main game and all DLC. They really work wonders, and make it their mission not to change any actual content, instead fixing only bugs. Though, there is one particular issue they fix (Necromage) that many disagree is a bug.

As for the vampire attacks, rather than using console commands, just search for a mod that turns the random town attacks off. I'm sure there are plenty. And if you have trouble finding one, I could just make one for you. (Just for an example, my personal mod includes this change, setting the requirement for them to start to level 99 rather than 8.)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:53 am 
Novice
Novice

If you're concerned about NPCs getting killed, there's a mod called "When Vampires Attack" that has programmed it so that NPCs will run indoors when there is an attack *except for Companions since they can't die anyway, and guards* so they're less likely to die, rather than everyone running up trying to help fight. There also is a mod I use called Resurrection Stone, which allows you to make a stone that revives any dead NPC, as long as they were actually alive at one point and aren't an ash pile. It basically just uses the resurrect console command on a character, but it makes it a bit easier than having to pull up the console and type it in any time you want to revive someone. It feels a bit less like cheating than using the console, as you can't get it until you get a flawless sapphire, a filled black soul gem, and a few other things and then craft it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:11 pm 
Warder
Warder

So what's the verdict?
Is this Skyrim GOTY as stable as Oblivion's GOTY for the PS3?

Should I pull the trigger?

Edit:

Also, how does the legendary mode work? Can you change it like the difficulty?