UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:03 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Mods that conflict with Tamriel Rebuilt but easy to fix?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:28 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 0
Deciding to get back into Morrowind, I was looking up mods through ModList and I noticed that a great many of them are incompatible with certain other mods. And some have notes saying that they are incompatible with Tamriel Rebuilt.

Considering that Tamriel Rebuilt is by far the largest and, arguably, one of the most popular mods right now, that seems unfortunate. To be fair, many of the mods I looked up are old or not recent - made before TR became what it is today. And I wondered if some of these conflicts might be relatively easy to fix.

So, that's my question: Can you recommend certain Morrowind mods to me that do conflict with Tamriel Rebuilt in some way, but which would be relatively simple/easy for someone to fix so they will work together? I'm asking for recommendations and insight on what it might take to fix them.

For instance, there are some mods which conflict with Tamriel Rebuilt simply because they modify the land or add a house or some structure in the same area. How difficult would it be for someone like me to open up the Construction Set and move the location so they no longer conflict?

I'll give a specific example: How hard would it be to modify Nehfaern Sanctuary so it does not conflict with TR? From what I heard in a review, it will crash-to-desktop if you try to run it with the Alpha release of Tamriel Rebuilt. (But it should run fine with the full release?) The reviewer said it was a script conflict.

While I have opened up the CS before, I never actually used it to mod anything or create something. Admittedly, I am a bit intimidated by the prospect. But, if it should not be too complex to fix something, I'd definitely give it a try.