UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:01 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: How do you create new books
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:54 am 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Battlespire, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PS3 & PC
UESPoints: 0
I want to add new books but cant figure it out. Help me out?

Post subject: Re: How do you create new books
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:07 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: TES: Arena, TESII: Daggerfall, TESIII: Morrowind, TESIV: Oblivion, TESV: Skyrim & ESO: TU (though I can't get it to work. I really want to play it, but the launcher is broken).
Platform: PC
Other Profiles: Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/hughesethan17/
According to a post I found (at a URL that the UESP Forums won't let me post because it thinks it's a non-Elder Scrolls link)
"the easiest way is to open an existing book under the BOOKS tab and then change the item name and write what you want using the correct setup as it is already laid out. Otherwise you have to create it from scratch in the BOOK tab."

Also, if you don't have the Morrowind Construction Set, you can find it at Nexus Mods (provided you have the steam version of Morrowind). Just put 'morrowind nexus construction set' into Google, and click on the first result.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:04 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind (GOTY), Oblivion (GOTY), ESOTU
Other Profiles: Steam: damonmcknight
Post was so old he probably forgot or learned on his own, but in any case, it's absolutely basic HTML formatting. You just have to know how to align text and how to indicate with font you use, both of which are easy to handwrite. Or, you can just copy a book. Which I do. I never found out how to set the meshes and textures to what I want, so I always find a book that looks like what I wanted to use it for and I just replace details in the text as needed to create the result.

Oh my love, Anastasia, this may be our last goodbye.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:21 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: TES: Arena, TESII: Daggerfall, TESIII: Morrowind, TESIV: Oblivion, TESV: Skyrim & ESO: TU (though I can't get it to work. I really want to play it, but the launcher is broken).
Damon wrote:
Post was so old he probably forgot or learned on his own, but in any case, it's absolutely basic HTML formatting. You just have to know how to align text and how to indicate with font you use, both of which are easy to handwrite. Or, you can just copy a book. Which I do. I never found out how to set the meshes and textures to what I want, so I always find a book that looks like what I wanted to use it for and I just replace details in the text as needed to create the result.

Yes, I know HTML is easy. I'm not the one that wrote that part of the post. I got it from another forum. And I know. It's necroposting. But you should know that I put the information in this topic here for anyone that is still searching for a solution, and are unable to find it.
To think that the author of this topic is (or in his case, was) the only person in the whole world searching for a solution to this dilemma, is, no hard feelings or anything, ignorant. I don't agree with the whole 'necroposting' thing.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:07 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hey, no hard feelings mate. It's not my job (and I wouldn't want such a job) to be telling you what you can or can't post to. I was just replying to clarify that it was basic HTML for the benefit of the conversation at large, not for you specifically.

Now, on to the usefulness of necroposting, I have no idea what the rules are around here, was too lazy to look them up, and just use the usual common sense "don't cause trouble", so we can argue in circles what constitutes "necroposting" and how useful it is. Considering there are actual resources that can be found by a simple Google search, I'm inclined to think this little ol' forum won't be too high on the list of searches for this particular subject and I think that after X amount of time bumping is pointless, but again, that's a discussion for another day and time. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:40 pm 
Associate
Associate

Damon wrote:
Hey, no hard feelings mate. It's not my job (and I wouldn't want such a job) to be telling you what you can or can't post to. I was just replying to clarify that it was basic HTML for the benefit of the conversation at large, not for you specifically.

Now, on to the usefulness of necroposting, I have no idea what the rules are around here, was too lazy to look them up, and just use the usual common sense "don't cause trouble", so we can argue in circles what constitutes "necroposting" and how useful it is. Considering there are actual resources that can be found by a simple Google search, I'm inclined to think this little ol' forum won't be too high on the list of searches for this particular subject and I think that after X amount of time bumping is pointless, but again, that's a discussion for another day and time. :)

Clearly you've never had to look for obscure information :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:29 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Legend117081 wrote:

Clearly you've never had to look for obscure information :lol:

I look up obscure information all the time. I just know how to perform a search that yields the maximum amount of potential return when I do so. Although to the fair the average person wouldn't... Or at least that is the impression given to me most of the time :p

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:32 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games: oblivion, skyrim
Platform: xbox 360/one
UESPoints: 14
Let's stay on topic, folks.