UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:12 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: MOD lists
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:36 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games: Morrowind,Oblivion
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 0
Well before I jumped into the so far 2 day MOD hunt I have been on, I knew there were many mods for this game, and it seems as if there will always be more on the horizon. I know there's a ton of lists out there from people stating which work together and which don't, but I can't help feel as if many of these are outdated by either old mods in the list, or mods that seem to no longer exist. I am curious, as for this forum/site, once I am done with all my testing, would it be of interest for me to put a list on here?
My goal is simply to help any other players clarify whether or not mod A will work with mod B, etc. I know I can find out about a lot of the larger mods out there with ease, does LCV conflict with Balmora Extended, for example. It's the smaller mods that are hard to find said info on.
As of this moment, I have (including individual patches and tools) 420 rar or exe files and a dozen more I am hunting down. I know that maybe a tenth of these work together, as they were my old mods I had before I took this on. My personal goal is like anyone else's. Make my ideal Morrowind, landmasses, armor and weapon sets, quests, whatever. As I have in the past, I will archive the entire setup and likely hold onto it until I'm too old to sit here at my keyboard. I suppose the largest difference now is the amount of mods, but I'll also be load order testing to the fullest extent I can before chucking a mod to the recycle bin, and then backing up likely a text based version of my MLO.
So, once again, any public interest in such a thing?

UPDATE: I currently have 523 mods and patches on my system. Wyre Mash and MLOX are about to be installed, as well as TESTool. I have pretty much downloaded anything and everything I could get my hands on that didn't look like total dirt, and will begin the extensive testing soon. The fortunate thing, is my old game with no CTDs can be a good testbed for me to get intimately familiar with the tools I have at my disposal. After extensive reading, I think I'm going to start with a mashed list imported into MLOX, and see what warnings it brings up, if any. From there, I'll use TESTool to get rid of any GMSTs I overlooked before all this, reload my existing save after fixing it via WB, and see if there are any notable changes or not. I don't expect any changes, and am interested in seeing what errors I may get considering I have already used these mods without CTDs.

UPDATE2: Well, there have been quite a few reads and no replies, so I am going to assume the public interest just isn't there. However, I am in the process of repacking every archive properly for use with Wrye Mash, including all texture and mesh mods. I am also cutting out the middleman by creating a Docs folder in them, and renaming the archive for ease of knowing what mod it is. Even for the lack of replies, I will be posting a listing of my mods, once successful in implementing them, and may do all the same with the mods I am not currently using. Seeing as I sought them out and downloaded them, it makes no sense to get rid of them, as I may change my mind at a later date. Some I have looked hard to find, and once posted, if anyone wants them, I'll be more than happy to find a host. Some of you are probably shaking your heads and chuckling, but this will be a one time thing for me after all. I can always bring up my archive of stuff and not spend a week in preparation. ^^

Last edited by Scozzar on Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Use the edit button please!

Post subject: Re: MOD lists
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:27 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY
Or you could just wait for the release of the Morrowind Gameplay Overhaul - combined with the sound and graphics overhaul they will have done a lot of your work for you.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:21 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

Yeah, I recently read about that in the past few days on RPGItalia. Problem is, I can't even get MGSO to work correctly...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:31 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

What seems to be the problem? Perhaps I could help - I've done a lot of tweaking for MGSO myself. Seeing that it's quite possibly the best mod compilation out there (IMO), I wouldn't abandon it just yet; if you can diagnose the problem and get things running smoothly it will be well worth the trouble. 8)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:42 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

I don't want to abandon it at all. It's a gorgeous mod, if I could get it to work. I don't want to carry the topic on too many threads, but my post "MGSO and FPS issues" right below this topic has the details in it. If we could keep it on there just for containment of topic, I'd appreciate it. ^^

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:55 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

My apologies, I didn't notice the other thread.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:47 am 
Initiate
Initiate

No worries. ^^

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]