UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:20 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: I want to make walking videos for Morrowind, but I'm a noob.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:06 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion
Platform: PC, Xbox, Xbox 360
UESPoints: 0
I love Morrowind. I love Morrowind so much that I want to create walking videos for it, so that I can have them going on in the background while I'm doing stuff or something like that. They'd be a first person view of someone just walking around Morrowind. Importantly, I'd like to keep in control of some things, such as time of day (maybe the time can pass as in the real world), weather, athletics (maybe, I don't level up in that), reduction of loading messages (I may need a better computer, for that one). And of course, I'd like to keep invisibility constant, so I don't have to keep fighting people, creatures and CLIFF RACERS!!!

I would like to know what would be involved in that.

I've already thought about it myself. I know I should be on a PC (obviously) and I know that I have to get some sort of screen capture program like fraps. I've also considered that items could be helpful (particularly for constant invisibilty). Would I need more than the command console to do something like this?

So, what do I need to make this? Has somebody else done this? Would one of you guys be willing to make this?

I'm not a noob at Morrowind. I'm just a noob at modifying Morrowind for videos and stuff.

Post subject: Re: I want to make walking videos for Morrowind, but I'm a n
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:13 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: redguard,mw,ob and seeing the intro to arena and df.
Platform: pc
Easiest is probably Fraps,only that those files gets huge,and by that I mean really huge.
Recoding is pretty much mandatory,could do it in windows moviemaker that most people already have,even if windows media format exludes a lot of linux-users,unless you don´t upload at youtube where it gets recoded anyway,at least mine did.

For testing and otherwise including taking screens and clips with Fraps et al I made my self a cheating package,rather easily done,includes gears with levitate and invisibility,preferably in separate items since invisibility is more foolproof to have last,fortify speed helps too.
Otherwise you find a list of consolle commands in the wiki here :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:57 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion
Platform: PC, Xbox, Xbox 360
Thanks for replying. Although, I have no idea of how to recode video. I've never done anything like that in my life. I'm not quite sure how you want me to screen capture the game. I may be well over my head here. :/

Not to mention, that I've only got a laptop, so I hardly have enough power or memory. :/

I really wanna do this, but I don't know if it's gonna work. :/

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:41 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: redguard,mw,ob and seeing the intro to arena and df.
Platform: pc
I guessed you wanted it as easy as possible,and Fraps is almost a no brainer,just remember which key is starting and stopping taking up video,the shareware version has limits the full blown version doesn´t,it doesn´t cost a lot of money btw.Just that it has a horrible avi-codec that makes files insanely huge.

In windows moviemaker you just import your clips from Fraps into moviemaker,they got wizards for it too,pick quality and easiest is probably to save as wmf if you only want to upload at youtube it is taken care of there,nothing you have to worry about.

When you get familiar with the "stuff" there is of course other programs that has more advanced functions and what not.
As for laptop,it isn´t that demanding,just a little bit longer to finish the job,in the old days I started such jobs and got to bed :)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]