UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sun Sep 08, 2024 6:42 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Problem The Bloodworm Helm
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:48 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: Oblivion
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 0
Vanished corpse quest-breaking bug

Irlav's body was not present in Fort Teleman when I got there. I think I had entered the fort before getting the quest (or I had at least 'discovered' it). However I had not seen Irlav's body before. Maybe the corpse fell through the floor? Or does it disappear when the fort respawns? Creating the helm with the console is probably the only way of salvaging this quest now. :-( Hope it works. So, how _do_ you create items with the console?— Unsigned comment by 86.145.169.193 (talk) on 11 February 2010

OK, created the bloodhelm with player.Additem. The weird thing is that I just met Irlav, alive, in the Arcane University! Obviously reports of his death were exaggerated.— Unsigned comment by 86.145.169.193 (talk) on 11 february 2010

Same problem of the user above, vanished body and irlav found still alive at the arcane university. I solved by adding the item trough console, and by setting the stage to 30. Strange stuff — Unsigned comment by 151.67.24.134 (talk) at 22:27 on 18 October 2010

Does anyone know how to solve this without adding the item?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Problem The Bloodworm Helm
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:01 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Oblivion, Morrowind, Arena
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
if it is as it seems then none that I know of, it seems like the quest is broke, and I know no way to fix it dose not mean there is none

Can you load a early save? that might help

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:08 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox, 360
This info is from the Bugs section of the Wiki Bloodworm Helm quest page, which is also linked from the Fort Teleman page:

"It has been verified by game play that it is safe to travel to the exterior of Fort Teleman and have it marked on your map at any time in the game. However, there are reports both verified and unverified that entering Fort Teleman and/or clearing some of the dungeon before you receive this quest will trigger bugs whose effect range from annoying to game breaking. The safest course of action is to not enter Fort Teleman before receiving this quest. Entering Fort Teleman before you receive this quest may cause the second journal entry to not appear when you re-enter Fort Teleman after receiving the quest. It may also cause you quest pointer to point to the exit instead of the location of the Bloodworm Helm."

"This bug is fixed by the Unofficial Oblivion Patch Supplemental."

"Irlav Jarol's body containing the Bloodworm Helm will appear in Fort Teleman after the A Plot Revealed quest is completed, but before Traven gives you this quest. If you loot the Bloodworm Helm from Irlav Jarol's body before you receive this quest, Traven will ask for the Helmet when you return to him with it, but there will be no dialogue option allowing you to give it to him. This will prevent you from advancing any further in the Mages Guild quest line. Also see the bug section on the A Plot Revealed quest page."

"This bug is fixed by the Unofficial Oblivion Patch."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:17 pm 
Associate
Associate

I have the Unofficial Oblivion Patch and not entered the Fort Teleman before receiving the mission, only found on the map but did not go. And it had already read this.

Last edited by ltkrusche on Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:18 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Oblivion, Morrowind, Arena
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
Then as far as we know the only way to is to add the item or maybe spawn the guys body (that may cause problems)

maybe even just jump the quest ahead past it

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:20 pm 
Associate
Associate

Okay, but Irlav Jarol remain alive?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:04 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox, 360
ltkrusche wrote:
I have the Unofficial Oblivion Patch and not entered the Fort Teleman before receiving the mission, only found on the map but did not go. And it had already read this.

Your original post contains this: "I think I had entered the fort before getting the quest..."

Welcome to the forum Itkrusche. Just a couple of pointers for the sake of friendlier and more efficient info exchange: People can't give useful advice if you don't give consistent information. And, we have no idea what you have or haven't read. Please accept all help in the spirit it was given.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:30 pm 
Associate
Associate

Ok, I copied this snippet from another User and only put as a comment, but I did not go to Fort Teleman, just found.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:36 am 
Associate
Associate

Platform: Xbox 360
I know I struggled to find Irlav on this current playthrough but that was because he was underneath the Storm Atronach I had just killed so I didn't notice him at first lol

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]