Switch to full style
A place to discuss and ask questions about the fourth part of The Elder Scrolls series and its expansions
Topic locked

Cant open gate in Fort Bulwark - (Knights of the nine)

Sun May 22, 2011 10:53 am

I think i may have run in to a glitch and am just wondering if anyone knows how to bypass it. I was doing the quest for the shield of the crusador in knights of the nine but I cant seem to open the very first gate. I turn the handle next to the table with the conjurers note, yet it doesnt open the gate around the corner nor any others in the fort. Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Re: Cant open gate in Fort Bulwark - (Knights of the nine)

Sun May 22, 2011 10:57 am

Look around...there should be another handle....check this for more details

Sun May 22, 2011 11:07 am

Thanks for replying. Unfortunately there are no other handles, ive looked everywhere and i also looked at the video tutorial and they turned the same one i turned and their gate opened while mine didnt . . .:S THis is very frustrating as I cant finish the expansion because of this stupid gate.

Sun May 22, 2011 11:19 am

Strange.... there is no glitch with the gate....i remember 2 handles..but also there has been a while since i played knights of the nine....i'll have to check and see

Sun May 22, 2011 11:31 am

It's ok. It definitely was a glitch, so i just cheated to bypass it. Turns out none of the handles in that area were working. Thanks for all the help though :)

Sun May 22, 2011 11:54 am

When you click on the handle, does it move?

Sometimes, the game might be lagging, and if you turn the hand, it might not move right away, then if you click on it again, and it moves. However, the first time might have opened the gate, and the second time closed it.

- - - - - - - - - -

There is only one switch/handle needed to open the gate.

There is another switch/handle, rasies a second gate (to get to the bridges) and lowers the drawbridges.

You have to activate the switch/handle in the room with the conjurers note, to open the gate, just around the corner, to be able to get to the other switch/handle, so you can open the gate, and lower the drawbridges, and get to the first puzzle, which leads to Zone 2

(there is another gate and drawbridge, that you can not lower/open, as it is for when you leave, you will be coming from the other way)

Map of Fort Bulward: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Fort_Bulwark

- - - - - - - - - -

Since you are playing on PC, if you can not get the gate to open you have a few options:

1) You can use the console on the switch: Open the console ~ click on the switch, so you get the ID number on the top of your screen, and type activate , press enter, and the handle should move, and open the gate.

2) If the gate still does not open, the do the same thing on the gate.

3) If the gate still does not open: Open the console, click on something, twice, to ensure that there is no text (ID number) in the top center screen. Then type tcl , press enter. You just toggled collision, and can walk thru walls, or in this case, the gate.

WARNING: Make sure to be about a foot above the ground, then toggle collision again, to turn it off. make sure that you are above the floor, or you will fall thru, to the bottomless void, but not to high, as to take damage from the fall.

- - - - - - - - -

EDIT: NINJA'd - - Nice to see you got it working (workaround)

Sun May 22, 2011 12:15 pm

Hi.

Sure you're not suffering from the infamous Abomb Bug? Are spell/door animations "frozen" or going e.x.t.r.e.m.e.l.y slowly? If they are, there are a couple of options (PC only, I'm afraid) to fix it...

1. Wrye Bash: Go to the Saves tab, right-click your latest savegame and, from the context menu, choose Repair Abomb. If Abomb Counter progress is at or near 100%, the bug has likely struck, so take the option to repair it. This resets the counter within the savegame file. When you reload from that savegame, the animations will work at normal speed again.

2. Oblivion Animation Fixer: A small utility program which can reset the Abomb Counter within a savegame file.

Hope this helps. :wink:
Topic locked