UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 1:09 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Jyggalag
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:27 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion
Platform: Xbox 360
UESPoints: 0
Now freed from the mantle of the Madgod Sheogorath, I expect the Prince of Order to at least appear in a cameo (a la daedric quest).

Or perhaps even a bigger role ? In a post Oblivion Crisis Tamriel, the forces of Order seem likely to participate in a struggle to unify a chaotic Skyrim.

Daedric Princes always play an important role in TES games, especially in Morrowind (Azura) and in Oblivion (Dagon). If I had to place a bet on a prevalent Daedric Prince in Skyrim, I'd choose Jyggalag.

What do you think ?

Post subject: Re: Jyggalag
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:35 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'd love to see a reference to Sheogorath/Jyggalag, but I can't say exactly how'd they go about doing so. I doubt they'll put the Shivering Isles in Skyrim, but I suppose it's possible.

The Gunslinger

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:41 am 
Layman
Layman

Drethelis, I don't think we'll be able to go in Oblivion Realms at all, but I think Jyggalag could be the patron of the hero or something, like Azura was the Nerevarine's patron.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:49 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion & Skyrim
Platform: PC
Other Profiles: Minecraft: Username_Invalid
Molag Bal wrote:
Drethelis, I don't think we'll be able to go in Oblivion Realms at all, but I think Jyggalag could be the patron of the hero or something, like Azura was the Nerevarine's patron.

Unlikely. He is the Daedric Prince who was imprisoned because he was conquering all their realms. He won't be the good guy.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:50 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Morrowind GotY, Oblivion GotY, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
If nothing else, he will probably have a shrine and a daedric quest to complete like the rest of them did in Oblivion and Morrowind. I remember hearing somewhere that Jyggalag was growing really powerful so the rest of the daedra forced him to become the opposite of order -- Sheogorath. He definitely could be a more important daedra because the empire generally ensured order, and with the empire in a bit of chaos he might step in to make it straight, which could be why he helps the pc out, if our mission is to somehow restore the empire to fend off the Akaviri invasion or something...

The Ranger Mottle Green of The UESP Colored Post Movement

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:59 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Oblivion, Morriwind
Platform: PC, Xbox 360
I believe that Jyggalag will have a larger role than just a simple side quest. It will probably be in form of a large offshoot quest like the Mages Guild vs. Necromancers or the Fighter's Guild vs. the Blackwood Company.

Jyggalag was imprisoned in the form of Sheogorath due to all the other daedric princes (and maybe the Aedra too) fearing his immense power. He had been trapped for thousands of years so I think he is going to have a bone to pick with them and its going to be seen in Skyrim. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:05 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion & Skyrim
Other Profiles: Minecraft: Username_Invalid
JockoBeans wrote:
I believe that Jyggalag will have a larger role than just a simple side quest. It will probably be in form of a large offshoot quest like the Mages Guild vs. Necromancers or the Fighter's Guild vs. the Blackwood Company.

Jyggalag was imprisoned in the form of Sheogorath due to all the other daedric princes (and maybe the Aedra too) fearing his immense power. He had been trapped for thousands of years so I think he is going to have a bone to pick with them and its going to be seen in Skyrim. :mrgreen:

I imagine the daedric shrine will be Jyggalags now instead of Sheogoraths. Or, it may use the existance of Oblivion SI data to personify Sheogorath as your Oblivion file. That'd be cool.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:47 am 
Undecided
Undecided

ES Games: Oblivion (SI); Skyrim (DB)
Platform: Steam, XBox
Other Profiles: DarkSpark135
UESPoints: 5
There are probably two reasons why Jyggalag had no Daedric worshippers nor a shrine in Tamriel before: there's the "I'm sorry, but the number you've reached is no longer in service"—issue when trying to summon the fellow.

But perhaps the other reason is that Jyggalag probably didn't bother with the lower planes in the first place. The other princes feared him because he stomped around exclusively within Oblivion.

Maybe he didn't play well with others because he never hung around the playground— he stalked the other kids in their own homes.

Casandra: At the moment, the deadliest weapon at my disposal is a goblin's head on a stick. I'd be worried if this was the plan.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:56 am 
Associate
Associate

Location: Sitting in Emperor Uriel Septim's throne *Evil Laugh*
ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion + SI
I actually just booted up my computer to be able to start this thread... Oh well.

Well, I think it's most probably going to be something like a long but minor "Build a shrine" sidequest, kind off like the Molag Bal shrine in Morrowind. It makes sense: Jyggalag has just been freed (I'm asuming that by "Direct sequel" they mean it takes place in 4E1), and he has been an obscure, unknown, UNWORSHIPPED daedric prince for at least three ages. He's obviously not going to have many followers (if any at all), and is probably currently pretty weak (He was defeated by a mortal, even if the mortal had the help of the Staff of Sheogorath). Maybe you just have a vision in which he asks you to build a shrine, and recruit followers. You do kind of what you did in Khartag Point, except then you have to go to every major city and find someone willing to worship Sheogorath Jyggalag.
He might be like the Hermaeus Mora of Skyrim, as in you can only do his quest once you've completed every other Daedric quest. Or, if not, his quest might be kind off reversing Sheogorath's as "in there's a village of crazy Skyrim Khajiit who believe in a profecy about the end of the world, go show them their mistake".

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:24 pm 
Layman
Layman

The shrine you could rebuild in Morrowind was dedicated to Boethiah, not Molag Bal.

But I think it's quite possible it goes as you say, helping the newly freed daedric prince to gain followers or power.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:56 pm 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

ES Games: I, II, III, IV, V. Once I caught a fish alive.
Platform: PC & Playstation
UESPoints: 20
Yeah he should be there as a deadric shrine quest get his sword or something as a reward but not a major role something like help his handful of followers make a shrine by clearing out monsters in the place where they want to set up.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:06 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC - Xbox 360
Other Profiles: DaKizmasta - XBL Gamertag
Having Jyggalag in there would not entertain me as much because there has already been a major role for him. Maybe a shrine but thats all i want

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:42 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Arena
Platform: PS3, PC, Xbox 360, Xbox
I would really like him to have a Shrine, but I don't see why good old Sheogorath wouldn't have a shrine still either. There is still a lord of madness, and let me tell you he's absolutely up to the job, mortalness be damned. I figured that my Hero from TESIV retiring to his own realm of Oblivion made perfect sense.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:02 am 
Layman
Layman

Incarnal wrote:
I would really like him to have a Shrine, but I don't see why good old Sheogorath wouldn't have a shrine still either. There is still a lord of madness, and let me tell you he's absolutely up to the job, mortalness be damned. I figured that my Hero from TESIV retiring to his own realm of Oblivion made perfect sense.

Indeed, there is still a Lord of Madness, and, since Morrowind, I think Elder Scrolls heroes tend to become immortal. Take the Nerevarine : the positive effects he kept while being cured of the bad included immunity to disease, increased strength and endurance and, supposedly, immortality (like Yagrum Bagarn).

I think the Champion of Cyrodiil "grew to his status", just how Jyggalag implied, and became a true Daedric Prince with time.