UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:45 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Welcome to the Players Guilds subforum!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:42 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: All of them!
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 5
This subforum is specially designated to contain information about player based guilds or provide you with a place to find willing adventurers to join you throughout Tamriel. Please note that this subforum is only for group and guild related activities. If you would like to discuss the storyline, development, updates, or general information regarding TES:Online, you may do so in the online subforum.

In order to keep this subforum both organized and straightfoward, please keep the following in mind when posting:
  • Use the Adventurers Wanted thread for general "looking for" requests - If you do not have a group of adventurers to roam Tamriel with, are looking for a guild or to start a guild, or would just like some temporary company with your fellow UESPF peers, you may post in this thread.
  • Keep guild/group threads neat and tidy - Each guild is allowed one thread in the subforum. The OP should include general information such as playstyle, any rules or stipulations for members, a website link (if applicable), whether it is open, closed, or invite-only, what structure it will operate under (if any), and any additional information that would be helpful to members looking for group activities. All discussion about your guild or group must be contained within your guild or group thread. Please do not spam or post nonsense in your guild threads; they will be subject to moderation.
  • Do not harass other members with invites - This includes via PM. You are not allowed to spam or mass-PM, e-mail, or any other form of communication members of the UESP. You may talk with interested players as you see fit, but please do not bother everyone with advertisements. This is against forum rules both in subforums and via PM.
  • Keep any signature tags or images to a reasonable size - You are more than welcome to share the pride of your guild in your forum signature, but please keep it within the size limitations set forth by the UESP forum rules. Anyone with an obnoxiously large signature will be asked to change it.
  • Remember to have fun - This is the most important rule, of course!

"[...] for the lives of gods are not what mortals think and matters that weigh only years to mortals weigh on gods forever."
The Tribunal Temple, Nerevar at Red Mountain

Find the S'wit:
ESO PC-NA: @Avron | Legends: nosoundcomes

Post subject: Re: Welcome to the Players Guilds subforum!
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:22 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: All
UESPoints: 0
I wonder why is this forum not normally reachable? If you click on Elder Scrolls on main index, you are automatically transferred to general discussion without even a option to see that there is guild recruitment one

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:45 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: All of them!
UESPoints: 5
If you look at the main forum index (which is the list of subforums shown in the forum's main URL address), it is listed toward the top. This subforum is just as reachable as the new ones - it just may take a little getting used to.

"[...] for the lives of gods are not what mortals think and matters that weigh only years to mortals weigh on gods forever."
The Tribunal Temple, Nerevar at Red Mountain

Find the S'wit:
ESO PC-NA: @Avron | Legends: nosoundcomes

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:47 pm 
Patroller
Patroller

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
That is an interesting point. You may accidentally bypass the fact that it exists if you go straight into the "Elder Scrolls Online" forum. Avron (or whoever :) ), would it be possible to add a link to that forum, ie /viewforum.php?f=44 , in addition to the one that's in the index and the ESO board index at /viewforum.php?f=46 ?

Edit: Looks like you beat me to it anyway :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:43 am 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowin, redguard, Oblivion, Skyrim
Will there be an official UESP guild?
Like there is a Tamiriel Foundry guild for example?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:39 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PS3, PS4
Other Profiles: PSN ID: Shadelon
Avron the S'wit wrote:
This subforum is specially designated to contain information about player based guilds or provide you with a place to find willing adventurers to join you throughout Tamriel. Please note that this subforum is only for group and guild related activities. If you would like to discuss the storyline, development, updates, or general information regarding TES:Online, you may do so in the online subforum.

In order to keep this subforum both organized and straightfoward, please keep the following in mind when posting:
  • Use the Adventurers Wanted thread for general "looking for" requests - If you do not have a group of adventurers to roam Tamriel with, are looking for a guild or to start a guild, or would just like some temporary company with your fellow UESPF peers, you may post in this thread.
  • Keep guild/group threads neat and tidy - Each guild is allowed one thread in the subforum. The OP should include general information such as playstyle, any rules or stipulations for members, a website link (if applicable), whether it is open, closed, or invite-only, what structure it will operate under (if any), and any additional information that would be helpful to members looking for group activities. All discussion about your guild or group must be contained within your guild or group thread. Please do not spam or post nonsense in your guild threads; they will be subject to moderation.
  • Do not harass other members with invites - This includes via PM. You are not allowed to spam or mass-PM, e-mail, or any other form of communication members of the UESP. You may talk with interested players as you see fit, but please do not bother everyone with advertisements. This is against forum rules both in subforums and via PM.
  • Keep any signature tags or images to a reasonable size - You are more than welcome to share the pride of your guild in your forum signature, but please keep it within the size limitations set forth by the UESP forum rules. Anyone with an obnoxiously large signature will be asked to change it.
  • Remember to have fun - This is the most important rule, of course!

Hi, I just posted a thread for my guild, but I was unable to post the URL for my guild's site. These rules state I am able to have a link to my site, so what gives? I have to have the link, otherwise no one will be able to apply for my guild.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:20 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

UESPoints: 6
The rules state that you must have 10 posts and have been around for a week before you are allowed to post links or have an avatar. It is unfortunate that we have to have this restriction, but it's necessary to keep spam from flooding the site.

If you're really anxious to have your URL posted as soon as possible, you can ask one of the Moderators to put you in the Confirmed User category. Alternatively, you could also post the URL, but just not link it to your site.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:04 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PS3, PS4
Other Profiles: PSN ID: Shadelon
Rook wrote:
The rules state that you must have 10 posts and have been around for a week before you are allowed to post links or have an avatar. It is unfortunate that we have to have this restriction, but it's necessary to keep spam from flooding the site.

If you're really anxious to have your URL posted as soon as possible, you can ask one of the Moderators to put you in the Confirmed User category. Alternatively, you could also post the URL, but just not link it to your site.

Yeah I noticed the rule about 2 minutes after I posted that. Really hate that. For the moment I had to put it in my profile and add a disclaimer for people to find it there. I would have tried circumventing the block but in my experience, mods generally hate that.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:21 am 
Mod On Leave
Mod On Leave

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox, PC, STD
Other Profiles: Gamertag: MightyGo0dLeadr
UESPoints: 15
We do.

Let's get back on topic, shall we? :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]