UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:00 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5439 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 218  Next
 Post subject: Re: Future RP Ideas
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:38 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Oblivion, Morrowind, and Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
UESPoints: 0
imperialkhajiit wrote:
Dido

That's spelled incorrectly, Imp. It's pronounced "ditto".

Bow to your mighty King of Monkeys!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:43 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox/PC
*bangs head on iPod*

Auto correct didn't catch it... Does it mean something else?

If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near- Sun Tzu

When you aim for perfection, you discover it's a moving target

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:44 am 
Master
Master

ES Games: TES II-III-IV-V
Platform: PC
I dunno what the hell a dido is...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:47 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Just watch, it's going to be something so greatly horrible we are going to be banned.
Nah I'm kidding, I hope...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:14 am 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: I es very well.
Platform: Yes.
Other Profiles: A few.
Pretty sure it's spelled "dildo".

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:14 am 
Master
Master

Thank you, Per. You're helpful.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:15 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

UESPoints: 4
Tell me that isn't related to a roleplay idea.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:16 am 
Master
Master

You never know...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:51 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC, PS3
Has anyone ever played any of the vampire: the masquerade games? or even just world of darkness? I think that could work well as an rp, maybe when there aren't so many active ones.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:53 am 
Goatmom/Moderator
Goatmom/Moderator

UESPoints: 88
That was actually a tabletop RPG before it became a video game. You may want to look that up, and create a virtual one. That would be fun.

On company time

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:56 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Actually, I already knew about the tabletop ones. I had a friend who was really into it. I've never dm'd before, but I would be willing to start with this if there aren't any objections

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:17 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Would anyone play this?
Spoiler:
Vampire: The masquerade, the San Diego chronicles

“There are no good guys and bad guys, we’re all monsters. Whether we like it or not.”

Most people will go their entire lives thinking vampires, werewolves and ghosts are nothing more than horror clichés, and those who believe them to be real are seen as nothing more then madmen. The truth of the matter is, the monsters of stories are real, and should be taken seriously. Every night a war is fought, immortal monsters of legend fight for territory and power. The Camarilla govern the general vampire populace with a set of laws, the “masquerade”, and those that break these laws have their immortal lives ended. All vampires are claimed to be members by the Camarilla, they aren’t given a choice. Some see this as tyranny, and fight back under the Anarch flag. Despite their differences, the sects agree that their existence should remain secret. The Sabbat, however, embrace their monstrous nature and have little reservations about attracting attention to themselves. These “shovelheads”, as they’re called, are almost universally hated among “polite” vampire society.

Currently, San Diego is the focus of the entire vampire world. Reginald Friedlander, the local prince, has all but secured his hold over the city. The Anarchs have very little power in the city, and the sabat live on the fringes, some even taking refuge in caves. However, despite all his power, a man known only as “Modred” has been a constant thorn in the princes side. He has been rallying every kindred that would listen, claiming that vampire should rule humans. Although he may have seemed like a lunatic at first, he and his sect, the order of dawn, have proven a more then formidable opponent, using gorilla tactics and striking where the Camarilla was weakest. Friedlander has decided to deal with this problem early on, hiring every vampire in the city to wipe the order off the face of San Diego. That’s where you come in.

Your character starts off attending a Camarilla meeting. Friedlander has promised great wealth and power to those who were successful in their missions. Your reasons for attending are up to you, but you must attend.

Playable clans:

Brujah: The Brujah are generally rebels by nature. They are stronger than the average kindred, and are seen as the military might of the Camarilla. The Anarchs are largely comprised of Brujah. They are skilled with melee weapons and brawling.
Malkavian: Malkavian kindred are, simply put, insane. Some say there is something beyond there madness, a wisdom and insight only they can understand. They are the only clan that can use the demenation discipline.
Nosferatu: The Nosferatu are masters of stealth, often selling information to the highest bidders. Some are even brought in to deal with “problems” in a quiet fashion. They are the most visibly cursed kindred clan, disfigured beyond recognition. They use sewers to avoid being seen by humans, and can feed on animals more effectively that the other clans.
Toreador: Beautiful and cultured, the Toreador clan mingle with humans much better than the other clans. They are experts of manipulation and speechcraft. They are much better at talking their way out of a situation then fighting, but can be skilled with firearms.
Tremere: The Tremere clan has learned to harness their vampiric power into what could be described as “blood magic”. They are mistrusted by most kindred. They are the only clan that can use the thaumaturgy discibline.
Ventrue: The proudest of the clans, the ventrue are often in higher positions in the Camarilla. They are generally privileged and entitled individuals. Because of their highborn status, they can’t feed on animals, and often vomit “dirty” blood, like from a homeless person or prostitute.
Gangrel: The Gangrel clan are animalistic and isolationists by nature, walking the fine line between monster and human. Unlike other kindred, werewolves tend to ignore Gangrel due to a mutual respect. Due to their loner mentality, Very few associate with any organisations. Those that do tend to favour the sabat, although some remain in the Camarilla. Obviously if you pick Gangrel you have to be one in the Camarilla. They are the only clan that can use the protean discipline.

Disciplines:
Any clan can use any discipline, with the exception of clan specific ones. You cannot have more than 4. For game balancing reasons you can’t use mind control powers on other players (unless the victim doesn’t have a problem with it I guess.) You can’t have a master of all 4 disciplines, so try to keep it balanced.

Animalism – the ability to communicate with and control animals. Associated with Gangrel and Nosferatu.
Auspex – Superhuman senses. Associated with Malkavian, Toreador and Tremere.
Celerity – Superhuman speed. Associated with Brujah and Toreador.
Domination – the ability to force others to do what you want. Strong minds can resist its effect. Associated with Ventrue and Tremere.
Obfuscate – the ability to make one self invisible. Associated with Nosferatu and Malkavian.
Potence – Superhuman strength. Associated with Brujah and Nosferatu.
Presence – the ability to control emotions. Associated with Brujah and toreador.
Demenation – the ability to inflict madness on others. It can also be used to gain insight. Only Malkavians can use this discipline.
Protean – shapeshifting. Bats and wolves are common forms. Protean users can also grow claws in their vampire form. Protean masters can meld with the earth and take on a mist form. Only Gangrel can use this discipline.
Thaumaturgy. – Blood magic. Thaumaturgy allows the user to use their victims or their own blood as a weapon, able to raise or lower it’s temperature, drain out of their body at a range etc. only Tremere can use this discipline.

Character sheet.
Name:
Clan:
Age (depending on your character, you will have lived for an incredibly long time being immortal. 100 is considered very young):
Background (be brief, I would prefer if you reveal it through the rp):
Skills (lockpicking, handguns, stealth, seduction etc.):
Disciplines:
Political views (Do you agree with the anarchs or the Camarilla, or another group?)
Ghouls:

A note on ghouls: Ghouls are humans who drank blood from a kindred. They are a bit stronger and faster that normal humans and can heal wounds faster. Ghouls have an intense emotional attachment to their kindred. Powerful kindred often have many ghouls to feed off of and do their dirty work. Explain your ghouls briefly and your relationship with them. You can’t have more than 3 but I would prefer you keep it at one. You are a strapping young kindred after all (or at least, most of you probably will be). They are not pets so you don’t have to keep them around all the time.

Rules:
1. No god modding
2. I have to approve of your character before you can start.
3. Breaking the masquerade, just like in the games, can result in your characters death depending on the circumstance. Generally speaking it is a 3 strike system.
4. Your vampire can’t be a real historical figure, or Dracula, or any other famous “real” vampires. Malkavians may think they are, and you can be a made up historical figure(nothing to big, though.)
5. You can not be in a clan not listed under playable clans, I could go into detail but there are reasons for each of the others.
6. Have fun.

Please be honest, I've never done this before so criticism is welcome. I threw this together in half an hour so it's not finished, but when some of the other rps close or at least slow down I may start this.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:20 am 
Goatmom/Moderator
Goatmom/Moderator

UESPoints: 88
I am definitely interested. I don't have time to read it right now, but I will probably join.

On company time

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:04 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Same here. Once I join this One though I would just enough active rps, so I won't be joining any more.

Unless I want to...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:19 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim
Platform: PS3
UESPoints: 2
I'm interested but the only thing is.. i'm torn.. with what clans i wanna be..

Hey, are you into roleplay?! Click here to join our awesome subforum!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:05 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games: I,II,III,IV,V
Platform: PS3 PC
I was thinking: Who will be interested in this fantasy RP:

Races (There can be only one of each)
Spoiler:
Its set in this fantasy world I've created. There are the 5 main intelligent races:
Humans: The least evolved and most ignorant of all races. Being least evolved also means that they adapt faster.
Eliqans: The most evolved of all races. They reached the point were they no longer need legs and just hover in the air. They are relly suborn and think of themselves as the best.
Pyndemonians: Really tall and strong beings that live in the tallest mountains. Their gigantic hands have evolved to the point they cant mine rock with it. Known for their massive constructions and pacifist believes.
Oroburians: Scarab like desert creatures that leave underground. Very religious. Their smaller size makes them very stealthy. They are known for preserving the worlds knowledge in a gigantic underground library.
Botars: Far cousins of the Humans. More evolved than them. They have reached an industrial revolution state. Resemblingwhen the chines when they discovered gunpowder.

Basic plot
Spoiler:
In the begging. The Great beings created existence combining their powers. and so everything was created. The Great beings started feeling lonely so they created the Mortals. They were stupid, violent and likely to die. The Great Beings finally imprisoned the anti-beings in the center of the planet for them to never couldnt watch over all the mortals so they created a DemiGod called: Moraty. It was supposed to watch over all the mortals. But the Great beings had enemy's, the anti-beings whose sole propose was to end everything that their brothers created because they were jealous of their ability to create and they could only destroy. The Great beings finally imprisoned them in a device the Moraty created called and Isolator. After many Eras the mortals continued to evolve and the Moraty started to grow tired of their stupidity and for some mysterious reason the Anti-beings imprisonment broke freeing them to the world. Alone the Moraty couldn't defeat them so it asked the Great Beings for help but they had vanished. So as a last option the Moraty created 5 tools

The tool of Mater
The tool of Control
The tool of Eternity
The tool of Ending
and the Tool of Presence.

Each tool had a unique almost God-like ability and they were to be given to 5 mortals of each race with the requirements to wield them. This mortals are now known as:

The Society of Guardians

What do you think?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:28 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm interested in that JC, it'll be very interesting

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:40 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

That actually sounds pretty interesting...can you tell me anymore about the Oroburians? /intrigued

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:18 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

They are a very intelligent race. Not all of them know where the library is but is a tradition that at least once in your life you have to visit it. They look more or less like Borhok from Bionicle (Google it).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:25 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

i get dibs on the Oroburians then!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:44 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Morrowind (not really), Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim
Platform: Too many to list here.
I might have to join the Vampire: The Masquerade one, provided there's not too many people in it like there are in a lot of the other active RPs right now.

Spoiler:
The Muddy Swampert of the Poké-Squad.
The Smart Guy of the Troper Team.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:20 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I put it up, if anyone's interested check it out.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:10 am 
Master
Master

ES Games: I-V + DLC
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
UESPoints: 4
I'd like to make a Fantasy RP around January, but I'd need an entire wiki to put up all the information to go along with it... >.>

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:39 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

Ok about the Society of Guardians. I might start preparing the OP

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:51 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: morrowind, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox, PC
Jcnator- Ill join, and if its alright with you ill take either Humans or Botar.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5439 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 218  Next