UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2024 1:40 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37769 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1431, 1432, 1433, 1434, 1435, 1436, 1437 ... 1511  Next
 Post subject: Re: The General Roleplay Discussion Thread!
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 6:25 pm 
Goatmom/Moderator
Goatmom/Moderator

UESPoints: 88
I can solve that mystery right now. You can call a small stream a run, and yarrows are a type of flower. There's a stream in the town around which yarrows grow. It's a Yarrow Run. I came up with the name while looking through cool-sounding Washington town names. Yarrow Point is sadly not at all in the area I wanted, but I liked the sound of it.

I'm glad you're starting to see mysteries everywhere already, though. That's the spirit I'm aiming to achieve.

On company time

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 6:52 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: I, II, III (all wip), Oblivion, Skyrim
UESPoints: 9
Aarah wrote:
I also got a bit excited when I thought that the school name, 'Boarding Academy for Special Cases on Little Hill' was a secret acronym, but half way through it turned out to be nothing. BASCLH

Are you kidding? BASCLH is obviously an anagram, which can be deciphered to BLACHS. Add in an apostrophe, and you get Blach's. Blach's motto was "Blach's treats you fair and square". So Mars is saying that she's a fair GM. But that's not all. Blach's lasted from 1885-1987, or 102 years. 102 on the periodic table is Nobelium, named after Alfred Nobel. He is the reason for the Nobel Peace Prize. The Nobel Peace Prize is awarded to people who "have done the most or the best work for fraternity between nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses". So obviously Mars is also telling us that our group should work together and that people shouldn't fight.

:
Yes, I know that I have school to do, but there's nothing like procrastinating to make your day more stressed better.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:02 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games: oblivion, skyrim
Platform: xbox 360/one
UESPoints: 14
MARS wrote:
I can solve that mystery right now. You can call a small stream a run, and yarrows are a type of flower. There's a stream in the town around which yarrows grow. It's a Yarrow Run. I came up with the name while looking through cool-sounding Washington town names. Yarrow Point is sadly not at all in the area I wanted, but I liked the sound of it.

Ohhhhhh. Cool! Well, that's one mystery solved already. I'm the best detective ever! (Even if it was only cos the DM told me.)

I'm glad you're starting to see mysteries everywhere already, though. That's the spirit I'm aiming to achieve.

You say that now.
*Mars mentions green checked teacups in the rp*
"Why are the teacups green? Is there a hidden message in the pattern? What does it all mean???!!!"
Mars: Yeah, no. They're just cups.

Though maybe you like us getting paranoid that everything is a clue/mystery. You've already started with the birthday thing... :wat:

Cassandra wrote:
Aarah wrote:
I also got a bit excited when I thought that the school name, 'Boarding Academy for Special Cases on Little Hill' was a secret acronym, but half way through it turned out to be nothing. BASCLH

Are you kidding? BASCLH is obviously an anagram, which can be deciphered to BLACHS. Add in an apostrophe, and you get Blach's. Blach's motto was "Blach's treats you fair and square". So Mars is saying that she's a fair GM. But that's not all. Blach's lasted from 1885-1987, or 102 years. 102 on the periodic table is Nobelium, named after Alfred Nobel. He is the reason for the Nobel Peace Prize. The Nobel Peace Prize is awarded to people who "have done the most or the best work for fraternity between nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses". So obviously Mars is also telling us that our group should work together and that people shouldn't fight.

:
Yes, I know that I have school to do, but there's nothing like procrastinating to make your day more stressed better.

:shock:
Oh my.
See, Mars, it has already begun. Cass is worse than me.
(But may I say Bravo, Miss Cassandra, for such a beautiful act of codebreaking. Bravo. I tip my hat to you.)

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:09 pm 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

ES Games: I, II, III, IV, V. Once I caught a fish alive.
Platform: PC & Playstation
UESPoints: 20
Cassandra wrote:
Aarah wrote:

:

Now I'm hoping your character is the kid who's super into UFO conspiracy theories.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:15 pm 
Tea Party Mod
Tea Party Mod

ES Games: III - V GOTY, Online
Platform: PS4, Steam
UESPoints: 5
GWN: Again, I'm no doctor, but...[&@%!] bro. Chlorine /=/ tear gas. Everyone in that room will suffer some combination of permanent lung/throat damage and various related symptoms, potentially up to and including death. If we want to kill or maim them, we can do that with our various explosives and guns, but I thought we wanted them to stand trial, and not...ALL of us facing trial for using chemical weapons?

GRDT:
Cassandra wrote:
Are you kidding? BASCLH is obviously an anagram, which can be deciphered to BLACHS. Add in an apostrophe, and...

Ohh my. :)

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:22 pm 
Lord of the Shivering Isles

ES Games: Oblivion:GOTY, Skyrim:Legendary edition
Platform: PS3.
UESPoints: 12
GWN: Yeaah, i may have gotten it mixed up with Tear gas as a result of the PM Kerr sent me. Tear gas is what I was meant, well, what Grace meant. I got the wrong gas in the post. However, i think, it is fairly viable to create a flashbang out of salvaged materials. Or making a tranq gun though that would be very risky and i would not be surprised if Kerr did not apply Metal Gear type instant effects.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:28 pm 
Goatmom/Moderator
Goatmom/Moderator

Cassandra wrote:
So obviously Mars is also telling us that our group should work together and that people shouldn't fight.

Hohoho. Good luck with that. I'm very fond of the term dysfuncton junction for good reason.

Now...why did I use Beck's Pinefresh in the "trailer" post in Future RPs but not in the OP? Why did I link to the town of Yarrow Point, Washington just now? Could it be that I've left a little clue in a recent edit of the Wikipedia page? Is there a secret message in Pinefresh if you play it backwards? I did mention pine forests in the trailer. Why did I suddenly decide to flip my avatar upside down today? How does it all tie together? Hmmmmmmmmm...

On company time

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:32 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

MARS wrote:
Hohoho. Good luck with that. I'm very fond of the term dysfuncton junction for good reason.

Now...why did I use Beck's Pinefresh in the "trailer" post in Future RPs but not in the OP? Why did I link to the town of Yarrow Point, Washington just now? Could it be that I've left a little clue in a recent edit of the Wikipedia page? Is there a secret message in Pinefresh if you play it backwards? I did mention pine forests in the trailer. Why did I suddenly decide to flip my avatar upside down today? How does it all tie together? Hmmmmmmmmm...

That's too much mystery for me.

GWN: I'm not sure what kind of supplies they would have in a vault. Hoarding large gas cyclinders seems unlikely, it's more probable that they'd use injection based anesthesia for operations and such, hence why I'm just winging it with the 'using stuff from the medbay' suggestion.

Also, I hope they have vents. I'm sure Chris would know, but I haven't a clue. :P

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:04 pm 
Goatmom/Moderator
Goatmom/Moderator

Now I have an actual mini-mystery for you that you can solve.

Mystery: why does this song have a botanical illustration of a yarrow as its cover picture? What does its name mean? Why does it sound like that. Put the pieces together and you may learn something before you come across it...

On company time

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:07 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

MARS wrote:
Now I have an actual mini-mystery for you that you can solve.

Mystery: why does this song have a botanical illustration of a yarrow as its cover picture? What does its name mean? Why does it sound like that. Put the pieces together and you may learn something before you come across it...

Oooooo, a mystery! Hands off everyone, it's mine! *Shoves other would-be detectives out of the way, and runs off to gather clues*

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:09 pm 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox
Other Profiles: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
BL: I haven't forgotten, not in the slightest. Which why I said you're not gonna like my plan

~Forever a UESP user~
[?]

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:15 pm 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

YR: If music is a secret then following you on Tumblr feels like it may give me an unfair advantage in this regard.

P.B sounds really good you guys, I keep wondering what the context for it's gonna be. Nightclub?

Last edited by Kerr on Mon May 08, 2017 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:16 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Other Profiles: discord: @inr#2535
UESPoints: 10
YF: I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that it has something to do with second-sight being a fundamental part of the plot.

(In Scotish folklore, the Yarrow held to the eye is supposed to give second sight - i.e. granting us the Eye of Eden - so I'm not just making stuff up:P)

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:18 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: I, II, III (all wip), Oblivion, Skyrim
UESPoints: 9
Kerr wrote:
Now I'm hoping your character is the kid who's super into UFO conspiracy theories.
I'm tempted to make it so. Conspiracies are fun.

Speaking of conspiracies...:
MARS wrote:
You know what's a nice scent? Pine Fresh scent. You know what else smells good? Incense. Where do they use incense? In religious ceremonies. A monk by the name of Saint Philip II of Moscow was very religious. And he was born in February, 1507. And when was the Wikipedia page last edited? February 8, at 15:07. But you know what happened to Saint Philip II of Moscow? He was murdered. By Ivan the Terrible. And Ivan the Terrible was prone to outbreaks of mental instability. He didn't think quite right. You know what else isn't quite right? Mars' avatar. MARS MURDERED THE PINEFRESH.

Oh and by the way, what country's army did Alfred Nobel's father make equipment for? Russia.

Also just gonna say that I got ninja'd 5 times, because of how long it took me to type this out.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:21 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Velvet LeChance wrote:
YF: I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that it has something to do with second-sight being a fundamental part of the plot.

(In Scotish folklore, the Yarrow held to the eye is supposed to give second sight - i.e. granting us the Eye of Eden - so I'm not just making stuff up:P)

That's the only thing I came up with too.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:23 pm 
Goatmom/Moderator
Goatmom/Moderator

I'm loving this way too much. :lol:

On company time

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:28 pm 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

Watching your players try to figure out what's going and/or panic is one of the best parts of being a GM.

I remember one time players of mine started to get really worried that they'd been poisoned because they had a drink which didn't taste nice.
Quote:
I'm tempted to make it so. Conspiracies are fun.

I don't want to tell you how to make your character, but you should totally do this.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:32 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

MARS wrote:
I'm loving this way too much. :lol:

Is the mystery that there is no mystery?
Is the picture on the music just a Yarrow because it is part of the soundtrack for Yarrow Run? Are you just leading us all on a merry wild goose chase?

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:34 pm 
Goatmom/Moderator
Goatmom/Moderator

No, there actually are clues and a definite solution.

What Velvet said is way too deep for what you're looking for here. But also not wrong. He's trying to solve a much larger mystery, when the one I'm presenting you with is a very small one.

Hint: "I'm going to go get [&@%!] in the eye" is a very common phrase for Little Hill students.

On company time

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:15 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

GWN: Hey, the Lukester's back! And just in time!
*reads luke's speech*
Yep, see. I knew he would do a good job.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:19 am 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

Fallout: I was sitting there after reading the post you made telling Luke to do it just like "Oh, I guess I could just have NPCs talk to each other. Not sure why the players want me to do that though." But then Unionhack came back so yay!

He also has a Plasma Defender now. Everyone else got to take stuff from the armory, it's only fair he got something too.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:34 am 

GWN: That's not what i would have said but yeah, i am doubtful surrender will happen just based on Luke's words. However, I hope to be wrong though, I am debating whether to have Grace speak up or try to reach the parts of the Overseer's party that have doubts about the future of the vault.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:20 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Kerr wrote:
Fallout: I was sitting there after reading the post you made telling Luke to do it just like "Oh, I guess I could just have NPCs talk to each other. Not sure why the players want me to do that though." But then Unionhack came back so yay!

He also has a Plasma Defender now. Everyone else got to take stuff from the armory, it's only fair he got something too.

I did think that it would probably be better for a pc to talk, rather than an npc, but I felt like Chris didn't know what best to say, and from past altercations, Luke has been better with putting things across.
I thought you'd likely have Luke say for Chris to do it, and then he would have stepped up.

Or maybe, I had a sixth sense that Union was coming back. Yes.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:24 am 

GWN: Where as, I kinda didn't want to risk being the one to do so and furthering the risk of Grace coming off as a bit of a mary sue. Bloody hope she isn't coming across as that already. Kinda got information from Kerr regarding bits and pieces and well, feels natural that she would speak a lot on account of her position.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:22 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

YR: Will we get the solution to your music mystery, Mars, or is it an ongoing investigation?

@Dov
I'm personally not seeing any Mary Sue-ness in the slightest.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37769 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1431, 1432, 1433, 1434, 1435, 1436, 1437 ... 1511  Next