UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:32 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5439 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138 ... 218  Next
 Post subject: Re: Future RP Ideas
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:46 pm 
Lord of the Shivering Isles

ES Games: Oblivion:GOTY, Skyrim:Legendary edition
Platform: PS3.
UESPoints: 12
Beats me. I'm just the Dovah that suggest ideas for roleplays(Currently). I will consider doing a roleplay in 2-3 months time as i should be more experienced then. :) Unless i end up with less free time then. The Fallout one would end up being a lot deeper then a reharsh of Fallout 1(Fallout 3 is basically Fallout 1 and 2 that have been merged together)'s plot. May have the roleplay crash at random. :mrgreen:

EDIT:I think in a few months time(Most likely 3-4 months) I may start on the Fall of The Imperials as that should be easier to do as my first RP then the First Blight due to the nature of it. The Blight is an all out war for survival whilst the FOTI is an underground movement against the Dominion and is easier to DM i think.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:35 pm 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

ES Games: I, II, III, IV, V. Once I caught a fish alive.
Platform: PC & Playstation
UESPoints: 20
Making my Cyberpunk/Fantasy RP at the moment. It is going well, good fun all around. Still don't have a name. You know when you are making something and then you think of something you can make in the future? Well I was thinking of an RP I could do in the future. An RP about people with the power to travel through the infinite universes of the multiverse. They don't physically go there, they mentally go there. They take over the body of that universe's version of themselves. It is just a basic idea at the moment and I wouldn't do it for a long time but what do people think of the concept?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:40 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Other Profiles: discord: @inr#2535
UESPoints: 10
Sounds like a book I read called Transition. Though they inhabited other peoples bodies.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:46 pm 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

Other people/alternate self. It will be the same thing really. There would be infinite variations on what another universe's you is.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:50 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Other Profiles: discord: @inr#2535
UESPoints: 10
Yeah it was a ridiculously confusing book. The difference between two worlds might be as small as a piece of uranium decaying at a faster rate twenty kilometres beneath Beunes Aires to as big as the whole world being completely wiped out when the Cold War turned nasty.

If I join I'll be making sure my character travels to the world where they've found Aliens.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:07 pm 
Mod On Leave
Mod On Leave

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox, PC, STD
Other Profiles: Gamertag: MightyGo0dLeadr
UESPoints: 15
So we would need several character sheets for the same character?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:18 pm 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

No. I'd decide what the universe is like and what you'd be in it. But the person still has the same mind .

Anyway at the moment it is just an idea of something for me to do in the future.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:21 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

UESPoints: 4
So... Molag Bal gamez?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:05 am 
Mod On Leave
Mod On Leave

We really should have the next MBG.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:08 am 
Master
Master

ES Games: Oblivion, Shivering Isles, Knights of the Nine, Skyrim (DUH!)
Platform: PC
Other Profiles: I'm always JVElEven. Look me up on Steam
UESPoints: 0
Yeah. Agreed and seconded.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:47 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim
Platform: PS3
UESPoints: 2
If not one objects I may take up the mantle if that is fine yes?

Hey, are you into roleplay?! Click here to join our awesome subforum!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:39 am 

Rise of the Alliance(TES)
The year is 210. The Redguards and the Nords have created an alliance with the sole purpose of standing up to the Dominion. Skyrim is busy preparing for an invasion by the Dominion whilst Hammerfell is planning a surprise attack on the Dominion. The High King and Queen have sent out a call for warriors and you have answered that call. You are about to become part of a group. The group is tasked with eliminating any internal threats. From the remants of the Forsworn to investigating the Falmer. The Dovahkiin disappeared a year ago as well and most of the dragons left Skyrim 1 month after his disappearance. What will you discover during your quest to protect Skyrim? Will you help save it or will you cripple it from within?

Combat would be realistic. Warriors will be the strongest combat class regarding melee combat and can take more punishment then the other 2 classes. Rogues are generally suited to flanking the enemy and ambushing them but can handle a few enemies. Mages are very powerful due to their spells but are very vunerable to melee and are virtually defenceless if they have been silenced. They are the most dangerous class due to the nature of magic but they are also the weakest class due to little to no armour as well as them always being a target. The Enviroment will affect the party. If you are not prepared, you will die.

I've split it up into 3 classes to make it easier for me if i do end up DMing it at some point. And to avoid characters that are jack of all trades thus avoiding a powercrazed DM killing JOAT character. :Twisted Evil: Expert level skills would be allowed but only if there is a decent reason for it. such as experience, just finished their training at the COW(or other magical guilds) etc.. Armour may be split up into 3 classes. Heavy,Medium and Light. Medium would be a armour that uses both light and heavy armour materials. Such as Medium Iron Armour uses a thin layer of Iron over a leather Curiass. Medium doesn't slow you down but it doesn't have any advantages. It's just there to protect you without encumbering you. May be best suited for sword and shield types.

Rising Steel(Fallout)

The Brotherhood of Steel have helped to transform the DC wasteland into a commonwealth. The Mutants are no longer a threat. They have either been killed or intergrated into society peacefully. The Lone Wanderer is said to be the person responsible for saving the Wasteland. The year is 2300. The BOS have been keeping the peace. It's been 10 years since there were any major trouble in the wasteland. Many Settlements have been created. The LW has been the Commonwealth's leader for almost 20 years and has done many wonders for it. But unknownst to the DC Commonwealth, a new threat is rising. In the north, an army is gathering. Their leader seeks to enslave the commonwealth and every day, the threat is rising. Soon, they will outnumber the Brotherhood. Raiders, Mutants and Ghouls make up their number as well as some Enclave members that survived the war with the DC brotherhood. Will you help to defend your home or will you standby and watch it burn? It is a bit far fetched, i admit but it does have potential.

Combat is split up into 2 groups. Melee and Ranged. Melee covers unarmed and melee weapons. Ranged covers Explosives,Conventional weapons(Such as pistols, shotguns etc..) and Energy Weapons. You can be a Human(No drawbacks but no benifits either). A Ghoul(Immune to radiation but face racism from humans and many struggle to handle heavy weapons due to the nature of Ghouls). Or A Supermutant.(They can only use heavy weapons and certain melee weapons but are very strong and can take a lot of damage. Most suffer from low intelligence. They can't wear armour unless it's been crafted to fit them. Their size can strike fear into raiders but they will be a big target) If i do decide to use this idea one day, i'll flesh it out more.

EDIT:I know i've mentioned two DC based Fallout RPs. That's mainly because the current lore regarding it is very little. 3 was the only Fallout game that places on the East Coast so there is a lot and i mean a lot of room for roleplays.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:45 pm 
Mod On Leave
Mod On Leave

The-Shadow-One wrote:
If not one objects I may take up the mantle if that is fine yes?

I PMed Eltee already. He said he would try to get something together.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:53 pm 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

On second thought I think physically going to the universe would be better. That way you can take stuff and meet alternate selves.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:00 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: morrowind, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox, PC
So it will be like the TV show Sliders? That show was one of my favorites, at least until the 3rd or 4th seasons.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:29 pm 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

I've never actually seen Sliders but yes it would be similar.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:14 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Oblivion
Platform: Xbox
Other Profiles: No
How many types of roleplay can be found there? Can someone explain the available roles and benefits in future?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:59 am 

There are many roleplays. The active ones are always near the top of the board. You may not be able to join some due to how far they are with the plot. I think TCS and HC are still open to new characters. Justice's Roleplay is open to players but doesn't start untill june due to his exams. Hope Falls is always open to new characters but Musicman trolls every now and then in that roleplay so don't be surprise if your character starts seeing things. There are only 2 roles in a roleplay. DM and player. A DM is a person who has created the roleplay and is in charge of it. Player is self explanatory. If you do want to join TCS and HC, it's best if you PM Avron the S'wit(TCS) and HC(POMC) to see if they will allow you to join. If you want to create a roleplay, PM it to Etee as he is in charge of roleplays.

We do have a general Roleplay disccussion thread so feel free to post in that if you have any futher questions about the UESP sweetroll fighting club roleplays

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:47 am 
The New Number Two
The New Number Two

ES Games: Mw, Ob, Sk
UESPoints: 1
with the recent news, what about a Skyrim roleplay ?

The situation: Dovahkiin has defeated Alduin, resolved the civil war, visited Solstheim, destroyed vampires, the Thalmor's mysterious plot is threatened as DK ends the internal squabbling they have carefully engineered.. we all know the lore and the story - what happens next?

Characters could include the DK, his allies and companions (inc dragons), Esbern, Greybeards, Jarls, Imperial or Stormcloak leaders, the Thalmor, and/or any characters and faction members living in the world whilst the not to be made dlc plotline is played out

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:52 am 

We should have a Skyrim roleplay. I know we did have one set after Alduin's defeat but ended up dying due to the DM being inactive. I did suggest a Skyrim roleplay on the last page. ;) I think the Dovahkiin would be best off being an NPC due to him being a demigod that may be more powerful in a Daedric Prince. :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:11 pm 
The New Number Two
The New Number Two

Thelastdovah wrote:
We should have a Skyrim roleplay. I know we did have one set after Alduin's defeat but ended up dying due to the DM being inactive. I did suggest a Skyrim roleplay on the last page. ;) I think the Dovahkiin would be best off being an NPC due to him being a demigod that may be more powerful in a Daedric Prince. :shock:

sorry, i scanned the posts since the no more dlc bombshell date and didnt see anything in my rush :oops:

yeah, having the main players as npc would be better -
Spoiler:
although i thought if you did have dragons and demigods it could be played out like a mega high level sort of RP, ie more along the lines of alliances and decision making, with the odd deadly dungeon and battle thrown in

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:14 pm 

Spoiler:
A cast of Demigods would be interesting but the DM would have to come up with very powerful enemies to avoid them killing everything they throw at the cast untill they get fed up and use the ancient power of DMing to flatten them.

We could merge both ideas together. It starts off after Alduin's defeat and leads up to the threat that i mentioned then focuses on the threat. Or have After Alduin as the prequel to it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:24 pm 
The New Number Two
The New Number Two

yep, it's very do-able

having thought a bit about it, i agree low level characters would be more interesting

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:55 pm 

The only downside to having two roleplays that are tied in with each other is the DM due to every DM having their own style. But it would be interesting to see the events of after Alduin's defeat and the events of what i suggested on the last page.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:30 am 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: All of 'Em
Platform: PS4, PC
Other Profiles: PSN: Unionhack, Steam: Unionhack
UESPoints: 13
I'm thinking I might do an RP based off of Persona 3 at some point. I'm loving the story and I think it'd make a great roleplay.

Quote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5439 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138 ... 218  Next