UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2024 10:06 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5439 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133 ... 218  Next
 Post subject: Re: Future RP Ideas
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:51 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

ES Games: Morrowind, Skyrim
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 0
Hmm names for this RP. At the moment Might, Magic and Microchips comes to mind (I know, it's pretty bad but sometimes great things come from bad ideas). Also I am hoping that at least one cyborg dragon will be encountered during the course of gameplay.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:54 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: All of 'Em
Platform: PS4, PC
Other Profiles: PSN: Unionhack, Steam: Unionhack
UESPoints: 13
Cyberchronicle or something like that. Maybe take something from what is being planned for the plot as a title?

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:01 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim
Platform: PS3
UESPoints: 2
Cyberrune? I dunno.

Hey, are you into roleplay?! Click here to join our awesome subforum!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:05 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Morrowind Oblivion Skyrim
Platform: Xbox PC
Other Profiles: willsg (Xbox live) wgrenter (Steam)
Dunno what to call that RP Kerr- names are so hard!

I am so planning a human who's part of a Black Sun security force.

Because you're so popular!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:08 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

Will we be able to design characters with preexisting body modifications or are the prices listed there because everyone starts out plain?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:11 pm 
Mod On Leave
Mod On Leave

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox, PC, STD
Other Profiles: Gamertag: MightyGo0dLeadr
UESPoints: 15
It's hard to come up with a name without knowing some of what happens in the RP. That said, I always like thinking of stuff like that.

Gears & Grunts
Cogplay
Sprocketeers
Mechanistas
The Deadliest Invention

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:53 pm 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

ES Games: I, II, III, IV, V. Once I caught a fish alive.
Platform: PC & Playstation
UESPoints: 20
I gave Drow a few more hair/eye colours. Also thanks for the name suggestions. I'll pick something eventually.

The plot starts with the PCs being called together the CEO of the local branch of Arkose to save his kidnapped son. But saving him isn't the main plot. It is just the start, you get dragged into a larger plot from there. That isn't to say there aren't other quests and things to along the way, this is an RPG afterall. However I don't want to spoil what the main plot is, just going to let it unfold in the RP.

p-sto wrote:
Will we be able to design characters with preexisting body modifications or are the prices listed there because everyone starts out plain?

You can start with pre-existing body mods and get more stuff later. So later on when you get more money you could spend it on new robot limbs or decide that being a female troll isn't for you and become a male faustian. You won't get far without a Jack anyway, can't use much tech. I'll have parts in the sheet for bioware, cyberware, money, clothing, accommodation, weapons, items etc. But it has to make sense with your character backround. No homeless 15 street kid with a full prosthetic body, 5 million chits and massive arsenal.

Last edited by Kerr on Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:57 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

I was considering a homeless 30 year old, with full prosthetic body, zero money and no possessions who was the outcome of some scientific experimenting. He'd be fully decked out minus a jack. But my head is full of random ideas right now.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:44 am 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: All of 'Em
Platform: PS4, PC
Other Profiles: PSN: Unionhack, Steam: Unionhack
UESPoints: 13
I like the character I've come up with and now I'm sad that this won't start till late May.

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:05 am 
Master
Master

ES Games: Oblivion, Shivering Isles, Knights of the Nine, Skyrim (DUH!)
Other Profiles: I'm always JVElEven. Look me up on Steam
Hardly future any more, but I never was good at subtlety:

Hi everyone!

Just a little shameless advertising: I have just now posted a widely unadvertised new RP of my creation set in an original fantasy world.

It will be story-based, and centered around a struggle of virtue vs. sin.

If you have the time, please give it a once-over, and, if you are still interested, post a character. It would make me very happy.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:40 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Other Profiles: discord: @inr#2535
UESPoints: 10
Okay people, hear me out before you condemn this to failure.

I was thinking of starting an RP based on a bunch of P.C's trying to unfoil a terrorist plot. The terrorists have hijacked a cruise ship that you are either a passenger on or a member of crew on and are holding you hostage until the government hand over X amount of money to them. You as the P.C must try an stop them (or twiddle you thumbs with some of the NPC's it's up to you. The RP will be quite free form.) There will be other passengers on the ship that may either try to aid you or stop you out of fear for what may happen if you get caught.

The only problem that I can see arising from it is that what happens will be largely up to what the P.C's do. I will not be holding your hand throughout the course of the RP. Decisions you make could change the entire course of the RP and may lead to either your characters death or the death of every P.C (In which case you lose, yes you can lose). I will not be laying out a set path for P.C's to follow either. You as the player must come up with the solutions. Which means that I will be needing players with a good sense of adventure and the ability to be able to do things without the DM telling you to do them (or you could just sit back and follow the other P.C's but that's hardly fun.)

This scenario of terrorists taking over things and you having to stop them would probably work in a bunch of other instances as well. My other two idea's being the terrorists (/mercenary's/bank robbers/whatever) holding a bunch of people in a shopping centre (mall) hostage whilst they rob a bank and you (as one of the P.C's who hid when the shouting started) having to foil their plot. Or the P.C's playing as the crew of a spacecraft which got hijacked and they have to take it back. (Though I know very little about any Sci-Fi series so I would need help with that.)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:07 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: I, II, III, IV, V
Platform: Xbox 360
Sounds kinda like Die Hard :P

Hidden:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:25 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Platform: Xbox 360, PC(Morrowind, Skyrim)
UESPoints: 1
I didn't see it at first, but after re-reading that, you're right. Would still make a pretty good RP, I think. And you already have a title for it. :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:26 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Actually I got the idea from watching Die Hard 2, wanted to see if it would work with multiple people.

Thats where the problem is though. John McClain is a complete badass. The PC's will most likely not be John McClain.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:56 pm 
Mod On Leave
Mod On Leave

Mine would be.

The return of East.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:01 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

I think that's why I prefer this RP if you did it with a sci-fi setting, Velvet. Otherwise it's going to be a situation where people like me will be struggling to understand why a casual setting is filled with an inordinate number of ex-special forces personnel and eccentric billionaires with oddly useful skill sets.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:04 pm 
Mod On Leave
Mod On Leave

If the villain lured them all there, though. That could work.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:13 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

p-sto wrote:
I think that's why I prefer this RP if you did it with a sci-fi setting, Velvet. Otherwise it's going to be a situation where people like me will be struggling to understand why a casual setting is filled with an inordinate number of ex-special forces personnel and eccentric billionaires with oddly useful skill sets.

Yeah I could see that being a problem, people creating characters that were complete badass's and tried to openly taking on the armed villains. I can't see a way for me to be able to stop that without restricting players to the characters they are allowed to play (which I really don't want to do.)

I don't know enough about most Sci-Fi series' to be able to pull it off in that sort of setting. I might be able to make it work with something like Halo, since I know a fair bit about Halo's lore though I'd prefer to do a proper Halo RP with missions and all over the taken hostage scenario

Musicman247 wrote:
If the villain lured them all there, though. That could work.

I've already got a good reason to why a group of armed mercenary's targeted the cruiser. Part of the RP would have been trying to uncover the reasons behind the villains actions.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:19 pm 
Mod On Leave
Mod On Leave

You could limit it to normal characters. Mars was doing that for his end of the world RP.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:24 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Yeah but even limiting it to normal characters your probably still going to have that guy who thinks he can pick up any old weapon and spray down two trained mercenary's. And shooting at armed villains doesn't just result in your character dying, there would be severe consequences for an action like that.

Meh, there's a bunch of doubts swirling around in my mind about holding the RP already not sure if I'll continue with the planning for it. Might try something simpler.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:39 pm 
Mod On Leave
Mod On Leave

I would be obligated to join a Halo RP.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:43 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

UESPoints: 1
I might, depending on the setting.

Three does not equal three.
-unknown Redditor.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:44 pm 
Goatmom/Moderator
Goatmom/Moderator

UESPoints: 88
So whatever happend to the Molag Bal Game?

On company time

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:38 pm 
Mod On Leave
Mod On Leave

Eltee got busy is my guess.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:21 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Okay so I decided I'd do a Halo RP anyway and typed whis up this morning. This is not the opening post and everything is subject to change. It probably wont be starting until after my exams. So yeah, read it. Tell me if I should change stuff. Anyone who wants to help me DM it or wants to help me plan can. I'm new to DMing so help would be appreciated.

Hidden:
The Plot.
The date is the 28th August 2546 and the Human-Covenant war has been raging for the last 21 years. The outer colonies have long fallen and the siege of the inner colonies has been ongoing for the last 10 years.

The covenants attention has now turned to New Llanelli, the last planet that has yet to be glassed in the Brunel system. Large portions of the planet have already been secured and glassed by the covenant, cities lie in ruins, millions of civilians lie dead. The covenant are now closing in on the capital Port Merion. Home to a civilian population of just over 5 million.

You.
Team Romeo: All Spartan III's Ex-members of Alpha company, you were pulled out and assigned to different units before Operation:PROMETHEUS begun meaning that you did not perish with the rest of your company on K7-49. Each and every one of you have already made names for yourselves whether it be serving as a lone wolf assassin for the UNSC or as the member of a previous squad that has been disbanded (or anything else that you can think of, it's your character.) You are some of the best that the UNSC has to offer and have been recently banded together to undergo special missions of the utmost importance. You are currently participating in a scorched earth operation on New Llanelli. I will only be allowing six onto team Romeo. The six will be chosen based on three factors. Firstly how well their character sheet is presented. Secondly since their will only be six I'm going to choose those based on their participation level in other RP's. That's not to say that people who are new to RPing aren't going to be allowed to be a Spartan it's jut those who have a reputation for sticking with RP's for their entirety have a better chance of starting as a Spartan. Thirdly the players luck. If I have ten good candidates for the positions I'll hold a draw.

Gamma Team:You are a member of the United Nations Space Command Defense Force (UNSCDF) and are a soldier fighting on New Llanelli. Your mission is a simple one; get as many civilians as possible off planet and hold off the covenant attack as you do so.

The Insurrectionists: Members of the New Llanelli Liberation Front (NLLF) you were a group of terrorists fighting against the UNSC for freedom but as your planet was invaded you have turned your attention to the Covenant. Fighting in vain to get them off planet. Although their was speak of rebel organisations fighting the UNSC even late into the Human-Covenant war (At the beginning of Reach you think it's a rebel group that's causing the disturbance. Not the covenant.) the NLLF are of my own creation and I wrote my own lore for them.

On Factions: If there isn't enough interest in the RP their may only be the UNSCDF OR the NLLF. Not both. I will go with whichever is more popular. The groups will be meeting up fairly early into the RP and your original objectives will change.

The weapons: Spartans pick one weapon from [STARTING WEAPONS 1] and one weapon from [STARTING WEAPONS 2] and then two grenades from [GRENADES]. UNSC Marines choose one weapon [STARTING WEAPONS 1] or one weapon from [STARTING WEAPON 2] and two grenades from [GRENDADE]. Insurrectionists choose one weapon from [STARTING WEAPON 1] and three grenades from [GRENADE]

On Weapons: The weapons you start with will most likely not be the weapons you finish with. Your at war, there will be no time to go back to the Rec room to chat and get more ammo and [&@%!] each others brains out* sorry 'bout that Musicman. I will leave ammunition caches and bodies around and you may find ammunition for your weapons but it most likely wont be for the power weapons ([STARRING WEAPONS 2]). So if your thinking of starting out with rockets don't expect it to last long.

STARTING WEAPONS [1]:
-MA3 Assault Rifle
-BR55HB SR Battle Rifle.
-M395 Designated Marksman Rifle
-M6C Magnum.
-M6J Carbine.
-M7 Submachine Gun (Spartans start with two.)
-.30 Caliber Light Machine Gun (Insurrectionists only)

STARTING WEAPONS [2]:
-Combat Knife.
-M7057 Defoliant Projector (Flamethrower)
-M319 Individual Greade Launcher.
-M45 Tactical Shotgun
-Spartan Laser
-M41 Rockot Launcher
-Sniper Rifle S99C

GRENADE(S):
-Concussion Grenade.
-Fragmentation Grenade
-Napalm Grenade.
-Smoke Grenade.

I am as of this moment yet to work out a combat system.

*Saying that there will be pauses for character development and planning and stuff. I'm sure most here would find constant fighting as boring as I would.

Last edited by Velvet LeChance on Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5439 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133 ... 218  Next