UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Thu Sep 12, 2024 5:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5439 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132 ... 218  Next
 Post subject: Re: Future RP Ideas
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:30 am 
Master
Master

ES Games: Oblivion, Shivering Isles, Knights of the Nine, Skyrim (DUH!)
Platform: PC
Other Profiles: I'm always JVElEven. Look me up on Steam
UESPoints: 0
Though a well made original world is also very satisfying.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:55 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Knights of the Nine, Shivering Isles, Skyrim.
Platform: Xbox, Xbox 360
Hey guys, I just had a sudden vivid thought. Perhaps there should be an RP set in the Great War, or the Second Great War for more license to make stuff up. You should be a general in the armies of the Empire or the Dominion, and the DM guides the war, but you do your best in polotiucs and battle warfare, and you control armies, and can build up the army and spend Septims on seige machines, ships etc.
Or alternatively, one could be a soldier, healer, mage etc for one of the armies, and is called in for a special ops mission or two.
Just basic rough ideas that I had which might be quite fun.
I would not DM this, because I've never done it and I'm scared.
Just want to know what you guys think.

P.S I think an all out war between the Holds of Skyrim might be fun. You are the leader or high commander of a Hold, and you can trade, make alliances or declare total war on the other holds.
Of course, you wouldn't start out equal. Haarfingar would have a lot more soldiers than Falkreath, but that's some of the fun. I have a feeling this has been done before however.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:57 pm 
Mod On Leave
Mod On Leave

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox, PC, STD
Other Profiles: Gamertag: MightyGo0dLeadr
UESPoints: 15
Sounds like Astrum set in TES universe. :S

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:58 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I never joined Astrum. Is/was it fun?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:01 pm 
Mod On Leave
Mod On Leave

It's a lot of work. Each player was in charge of an entire nation and played every character from that nation from the ruler down to the peasants (if there were any). It's the only RP I've ever dropped out of. Not because it wasn't fun, but it required me to be more involved than I could be at the time.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:02 pm 
Warder
Warder

And Duruza had a war set about the Holds in Skyrim, once.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:03 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Then, perhaps in this one, you were only the leader, or perhaps 1 or 2 minor characters. Do you think I should give it a go? I've never DM'd an RP before.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:05 pm 
Mod On Leave
Mod On Leave

If you're thinking about it, plan it out (at least a little bit) then PM Eltee with the details. He'll help you get things squared away. Plus you need his approval before starting an RP now.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:06 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Other Profiles: discord: @inr#2535
UESPoints: 10
This was the previous attempt at a Skyrim war RP that I found. Died pretty young by the looks if it. (Ninjaa'd)

I'd like to see another all out war in the future too (though an OW one like Astrum). Check how well Communism works in a medieval setting.

Quote:
Then, perhaps in this one, you were only the leader, or perhaps 1 or 2 minor characters. Do you think I should give it a go? I've never DM'd an RP before.

War RP's take a lot of time an energy. I wouldn't recommended doing one as your first attempt at an RP.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:09 pm 
Warder
Warder

I remember when you were trying to turn Frod into a war-communist state. :P

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:12 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I still think I might give it a try. I'll plan it out a little, and then talk to Eltee. I don't think I could do anything as complicated as Astrum, but it still might be fun.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:22 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: I, II, III, IV, V
Platform: Xbox 360
I started planning a remake not too long ago (like a month-ish) of the whole Battle between the Holds thing, bu I started to second thought the idea since I've been rather busy lately.

Hidden:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:25 pm 
Mod On Leave
Mod On Leave

I've still got SHY rumbling around in the back of my mind...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:29 pm 
Warder
Warder

I would like to see a Star Wars War RP where you control one fleet and the players are divided into teams. Perhaps, the Empire vs the Rebels or the Republic vs. the CIS or the Sith Empire or the New Republic vs. The Imperial Remnant.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:59 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

DarkEastwood, I am more than happy for you to do the Hold thing if you want.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:28 pm 
Master
Master

ES Games: Oblivion, Shivering Isles, Knights of the Nine, Skyrim (DUH!)
Other Profiles: I'm always JVElEven. Look me up on Steam
I am very close to finishing the final touches of an RP with an original story set in an original world. I might post a little teaser later tonight.

I find that this forum lacks story-based RPs. Open worlds confuse me greatly.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:02 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: I, II, III, IV, V
Platform: Xbox 360
Masked Pillow wrote:
DarkEastwood, I am more than happy for you to do the Hold thing if you want.

Honestly, War RP's are a huge amount of work for one person to handle. But maybe if we joined our two mediocre Dming skills... We could form one suitable DM for the RP :D

Hidden:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:54 pm 
Lord of the Shivering Isles
Lord of the Shivering Isles

ES Games: Oblivion:GOTY, Skyrim:Legendary edition
Platform: PS3.
UESPoints: 12
Because i've yet to actually take part of a Roleplay, i won't even attempt to try and haggle me way into being the DM for this idea.

The Madgod's disappearance. It is set in 190 of the 4th Era. The Daedric Prince of Madness and having a fine beard has disappeared. The North have declared war on the south and Haskill has failed to prevent an all out civil war in the isles. The mad against the paranoid. You are a citzen of the isles and have been choosen by a cheeseroll to defend it. And that's all i've got for now.

The Great War(working title). After the fall of the IC, you and your fellow Legionaires and other capable people as well as survivors managed to escape the Dominion troops but you are duty bound to defend Cyrodiil. You can't do this alone and all communication with the Legion is lost. You must escape Cyrodiil and find the Legion. But the Dominion are quickly conquering Cyrodiil. Many patrols will prevent you from going to Skyrim, where you believe the Cyrodiil Legion would have retreated to due to it's location. You will face many dangers, from Thalmor ambushes, to spies being in your groups and the risk of dying of thirst or hunger. The survivors are just normal citzens that are scared and have never lifted a blade in their life. As a legionaire, you are required to protect them.

The Last Stand of the Knights Of the Nine. The year is 17x(i can't remeber the years that Cyrodiil was under Dominion control). You are a Knight of the Nine. Your order have protected many Talos worshippers and enemies of the Dominion. But the Thalmor wants to eliminate your order. If they get their hands on the relics of the Nine, this won't bode well for Tamriel. Feel free to expand on that. It could start with a last stand by the order but only you and a few of your fellow knights survived the battle.

The Oblivion Crisis. Uriel Septim the 7th was killed by an unknown assassain. The Gates of Oblivion have started to open up all over the province. You have decided to protect your homeland or decided to protect the people of Cyrodiil by shutting them. You have heard of the Hero Of Kvatch defeating the Daedra and he has requested help as he can't close them all. You have all gathered at the Temple Of the One and the HOK tells you how to close the gates but also warns you of the dangers. He doesn't care what you do or have done in the past as long as those gates get closed and the people are safe. From thieves to heavy armoured battlemages, your group will face many dangers and may end up being targetted by the Mythic Dawn. The Deadlands are part of Dagon's realm. The hero of Kvatch may pop up from time to time to assist your group but as a Blade, he is busy investigating the Mythic Dawn. The Hero of Kvatch discovered an elite group of Daedra called Dagon's hand. They will be your biggest threat and will show no mercy. They are capable of taking on entire battlions of legionaires. Should you encounter them, you will be in for a very tough battle.

I'm going to stop here as i don't want to turn this into one massive post. If someone does use the OC idea, i will request if it would be okay for me to provide the character information of the Hero of Kvatch.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:01 pm 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

ES Games: I, II, III, IV, V. Once I caught a fish alive.
Platform: PC & Playstation
UESPoints: 20
Cyberpunk/Fantasy RP - Comming Late May 2013

First off I have difficulty finding a decent name. Technology & Thaumaturgy? Silicon Sorcery? I don't know. We'll see. Anyone have any good names for a cyberpunk/fantasy RP? I would be willing to hear them.

I'm going to be making a different system for this RP, I'm still working on it. Thinking instead of skills just have classes of Fighter, Mage, Techie and combinations of the three. So you could be a just one, a combination of 2 of them or a combination of all 3 of them. Then you are just skilled at what that class in generally skilled at. So techie would be great at computers, lockpicking, staying out of sight but terrible at everything else. While a Fighter/Mage/Techie would be good at everything but excellent at none of them. A jack of all trades. Persuasion would be based off what is actually said. But system takes a backseat to story and setting, I'll keep working on it.

Now I'll put up some setting details for the world at large, let me know what you think. I'll go into the city the RP is in as well as game system later. There might be a couple of typos.

Hidden:
Setting: Alternate Reality Earth in the year 2053.
Races:

Humans- Hail from Eurasia. Like humans of our earth. Jacks of all trades. Life Expectancy: 90

Elves – A head smaller than humans on average. Pale humanoids with pointed ears. Have same hair and eye colour can variations as humans. Have an innate talent for magic. Hail from North America. Life Expectancy: 120

Drow – Much like elves but with grey skin, white, grey or black hair and red, blue or purple eyes. A head smaller than humans on average. Good at staying out of sight. Can see in low light. Hail from Asia. Life Expectancy: 120.

Orcs – Burly, muscular green humanoids. 7 foot tall on average. Mouths have large underbites. All have natural black hair. Mohawk and dreadlocks are common hairstyles. Much like Orcs in Tes. Hail from Africa. Life Expectancy: 65

Trolls – They are massive at 8 foot tall. White fur covers the entire body with the exceptions of the face and the palms of the hands and feet. Hail from Scandinavia, Iceland and Greenland. Females are larger and more muscular. Have horns like you would see on a Ram. Males are less muscular with small nub horns. Life Expectancy: 50

Treecko – Reptilian humanoids complete with scales and tails. Cold blooded. Same height as humans on average. Males are Green, females are blue. Hail from South America. Unlike all other races which have humanlike reproduction and pregnancy terms, Treecko lay eggs. As a result have no breasts. Can breathe underwater. Life Expectancy: 50

Faustians – Red winged humanoids. 7 foot tall. Have 2 arms as well as the wings on their back, much like the gargoyle sculptures of our earth. Universally bald, no hair whatsoever. Possess natural winged flight. Hail from Africa. Life Expectancy: 65

Trolls and Treecko and can only reproduce with those of the same race. Orcs and Faustians can interbreed. Humans, Elves and Drow can interbreed. Children are the same race as their mother with only a few minor traits inherited from their father. Children are fertile.

All species wear clothes. Clothing style is a lot like that of present day earth. Humans, Elves and Drow all get along well together. Orcs, Trolls, Treecko and Faustians often suffer from discrimination at the hands of these three races. Many see them as little more than beasts. This isn’t universally true. Civil Rights movements in the MAA and FEA are going well. Orcs and Faustians get along much like Humans and Elves.

Languages:

Dorsten: The common tongue of humans after the rise of Dorsten and end of the dark ages. These days it is the common tongue of Humans and Elves. Most spoken language in the world. Used in most international business. Official language of the MAA and the Dominion. Identical to our English.

Elven: The old Elven language. Was replaced by Dorsten when humans and elves merged their empires together. Not the official language of any country, but is still commonly studied in the MAA. Identical to our Irish.

Dru: Language of the Drow. Second most spoken language in the world. Official language of the FEA. Identical to our Japanese.

Treek: Language of the Treecko. Official Language of The Kingdom of The Green Dragon. Identical to our Spanish.

Groke: The old Troll language. Was replaced by Dorsten when Trolls and Humans merged their empires together. Not the official language of any country. Identical to our French.

Bruck: The shared language of Orcs and Faustians. Official language of the Collective. Third most spoken language in the world. Identical to our German.

Naming by race:

Humans: Have names that our humans have. Have first name and family name. Some have middle names.

Elves: Have names that elves have across fiction. Have first name and family name. Some have middle names.

Drow: Have names Dunmer in TES have. Have first name and family name. Some have middle names.

Orcs: Have names like Orcs in TES have. Have first name and family name.

Trolls: Have names like Vikings or Nords of TES. Singular named.

Treecko: Have names like Aztecs or Incas. Singular named.

Faustians: Have Demonic names. Singular named.

Nations:

The Mediterranean Atlantic Alliance (Also called MAA, pronounced “M-A-A”.) – Made up of North America, Europe and North Africa. Democracy with a capitalist free market. More or less run by megacorps. Same megacorps as the FEA. Have a space station (Gamma-Omega) orbiting earth that is home to a city, shared project with FEA. Also sent colony ship (Journey’s Hope) out to the stars 3 months ago.

The Far East Alliance (Also called FEA, pronounced “Fay”) – Made up of parts of mainland Asia, Japan, Australia, other countries in the south china sea. Democracy with capitalist free market. More or less run by megacorps. Same megacorps as MAA. Have a space station (Gamma-Omega) orbiting earth that is home to a city, shared project with FEA. Also sent a colony ship (Journey’s Hope) out to the stars 3 months ago.

Dominion of the Red Dragon (Also called the Dominion) – Located in Asia. Fascist state. Ruled by the Red Dragon. Set up after the green dragon kingdom. He saw what the green dragon did and decided to do the same. Wanted to take over Eurasia, didn’t work out quite that well. Still managed to take over much land. Strained relations with other nations but currently at peace.

Kingdom of the Green Dragon – Located in South America and Central America, Ruled by the mighty god emperor Green Dragon. Shun technology after the industrial revolution. Want to live as nature intended, home to the rainforest. Isolationist.

South African Collective (Also called the Collective) – A communist state made up of Madagascar and Southern Africa. Isolationist.

Other – Small nations. Some like islands of the Carribean and south pacific are privately owned by megacorps. Others like in Africa are mostly tribes and small nations. New ones are forming and olds ones are ceasing on such a constant basis it is almost impossible to keep up.

Space: The Space Station Gamma Omega is home to a city of the same name. It was built 5 years ago. The colony ship Journey’s Hope is also home to a city. It set off 3 months ago. They are ran by a collation of the MAA and FEA. All the Megacorps played a role in these projects.

Megacorporations:

Megacorporations (or “Megacorps” as the kids call them these days) are massive, sprawling multinational companies. They all have their fingers in a lot of pies. Medical care, human enhancements, transport, entertainment, food, education, weaponry, clothing, toys and much more. It has been that if you can buy it, a megacorp will sell it. While all of them do a large numbers of things, they are excel in different fields. But as said, they do far more than just what they excel in. These are the companies that drive the economy. They also sell their services to governments, allowing them to privatise many of their services such as transport, education, healthcare and law enforcement. These companies make billions a year. This isn’t to say they are the only companies left in the world. But when a new company starts to become big, a megacorp will usually buy it. For this reason most businesses in the world are small or massive with little in-between. These Megacorporations often hire independent contractors to do their work off the record. This allows them to carry out their corporate plans in secret as well as being safe if something goes wrong for the people they hire. The megacorp can simply say they have no connections to the individuals because officially, they don’t. The following are the Power Four, the four Megacorporations of the world.

Arkose: Leaders in computing, telecommunications and cyberware. From the FEA.

Black Sun: Leaders in weaponry and security. Run police forces and prisons the world over. From MAA.

ProtoGen (Proto General): Leaders in healthcare and bioware. Run hospitals the world over. From MAA.

Rendo–Clarke: Leaders in transportation and education. Rendo were from FEA and world leaders in transport and Clarke from MAA education. They merged together 7 years ago. Run schools, universities and public transport networks the world over.

Important People World Scale:

Rahu, The Red Dragon – Fascist ruler of the Dominion of the Red Dragon.

Galeru, The Green Dragon – God Emperor of South America. Hates modern technology.

Christopher Berkins – Human, male, aged 46. President of The Mediterranean Atlantic Alliance.

Felara Saren – Drow, female, aged 64. President of The Far East Alliance.

Baalberith – Faustian, female, aged 32. Chairman of The South African Collective.

Concise History:
BD: Time before the birth of William Dorsten. There were civilizations made up of the 7 races known as the precursors but they were small and kept few records. Most civilizations are small tribes. The era is seen as a dark age before recorded history.

AD: William Dorsten is born on the Island of Crete in 1AD. Would go on to unite all the smaller human groups in Mediterranean under one empire and one tongue. Were peaceful with Drow of the east. Orcs, Trolls and Faustians were always hostile for long, eventually joined too. Humans sailed to America in 1622. Met Elves and the species were quick friends. In 1697, the two countries joined together to make the Mediterranean Atlantic Kingdoms. In 1724 first met the Treecko. Were also peaceful but didn’t want to join empire. Were less advanced. In 1756 Democracy came to earth and MAK was changed to MAA. Drow soon followed to set up FEA. In 1782 the Green Dragon landed in South America, took over the land. Hated technology. Most Treecko lived in South America and now part of kingdom. Kingdom became isolated from rest of Treecko. In 1812 industrial revolution started, tech started getting better, trains. By 1876 had electricity. In 1896, Red Dragon took over much of MAA and FEA land in Asia. Set up Dominion of the Red Dragon. In 1907 South African Collective set up. By 1910’s automobiles. By 1950’s Megacorps were underway. By 1990’s had internet. 2020’s we started to see the start of modern day Cyberware and Bioware. Technology kept advancing.

Religion:
Much like our world there is no solid proof for the existence or lack of existence of gods. While ghosts exist they are just disembodied souls who have yet to fully pass away. It is unknown what occurs after death and resurrection of the dead is widely considered impossible. There are no recorded instances of it working. However this doesn’t stop people from trying and some argue that if you did succeed than you wouldn’t go around telling everyone.

Followers of the Council: Most popular religion in the world. Polytheistic. Followers of all races. Believe that thousands, millions or even billions of creatures they call Prometheans created the earth. This race is led by a council. They believe in reincarnation after death and that one day they shall meet the Prometheans and a new golden age shall begin.

Cult of the Dragon: 2nd most popular religion in the world. Believe dragons are gods which created the universe. Believe in reincarnation. The main religion of the Dominion and Kingdom of the Green Dragon. Almost exclusive to those nations.

Church of the All Maker: 3rd most popular religion in the world. Monotheistic. Mainly human and Elven followers. Believe all creation was made by one entity known as god. Believe that this world is a test to be our best. Upon death morally upstanding true believers ascend to a paradise, everyone else is reincarnated and tested again. Believe William Dorsten was the first to ascend. Founded in 1682.

Other: Some other religions exist but on such a small scale and with so little impact they are hardly worth mentioning. There are also irreligious people. Some believe no gods exist and that death results in the end of existence. Others find themselves unsure of what the truth really is and leave themselves open for the possibilities.

Calendar and Holidays:
The calendar is the same as ours. It has the same months, days of the week and a leap year every four years. There are a number of holidays throughout the year.

January 1st: New Year’s Day – People celebrate to take in the New Year.

February 14th: Earth Blossom Day – Festival related to love. Started after industrial revolution, said to be a way to love nature and each other. Many think it was and still is just a way to sell stuff.

March 17th: Dorsten Day – Celebration of the Birth of William Dorsten.

April 1st: Mad Gladro Day – Day in which people act like fools and play tricks. To remember the mad king of the Elves, Gladro.

June 21st: Summer solstice, longest day of the year. Important in many religions.

August 18th: Unification Day, the anniversary of the day in which the human and elven empires combined together.

October 31st: Samhain, the night of ghosts. Said that ghosts are most active this night. Food was traditionally put out for the dead and children dressed as beast to scare off other beast. This lessened over time, led to trick or treating. People enjoy sharing horror stories on this day.

December 21st: Winter Solstice. Shortest day of the year. Important in many religions.

Creatures and Environment:
All animals of our earth exist on this earth too. Many other creatures are just beefed up versions of animals that we already have. This many have occurred naturally or through genetic modification. However there are also a number of more fanciful creatures. Many of these creatures are creatures that are considered mythical on our earth. One creature of note is the dragon, which looks like the European Dragons of our world. A Dragon is the size of 8 of our 747 planes. They can breathe fire and speak. Dragons come in many colours. Most people thought they were myths until the green dragon arrived, it is unknown how many dragons exist in the world but only two are known for certain. However there have been numerous sightings of a blue dragon in North America. There are still other creatures which many consider myths. Vampires and Lycanthropes are a perfect example of this, they are often seen in popular culture but their existence is still debated. There is also a distinction between ghosts and spirits. Ghosts are the disembodied souls of the dead which for whatever reason have yet to leave this plane. Spirits are strange creatures which embody many things. Nymphs for example embody nature while demons embody violence and death. There are numerous kinds of spirits, it has been theorized by many that they dwell on another plain of existence yet there has never been any proof for that. In all spirits are mysterious creatures, as likely to help you as to harm you. The biomes of the earth are much like earth of today. However many parts of the earth are polluted. Thick smog covers many cities. Climate change has resulted in rising average temperatures and increased natural hazards.

Law and Economics:
Chits is the electronic currency of the MAA and FEA, based on plastic money cards. The value is a lot like our Dollar. It is divided into Chits and the smaller Bits. 100 bits make a chit. The nations are home to free market capitalist economies. There is little social welfare. No allowance for having children, being unemployed, being injured or disabled. Left wing parties are fighting against this but the megacorps keep them down. All registered citizens get a Social Identification Number or SIN (Yet some people still call it the redundant SIN Number) at birth. It is made up of 16 digits in 4 digit blocks. Your SIN is what allows the government (and others who shouldn't be doing it) to access information about you. It is your birth certificate, passport, credit history, legal record and personal record all rolled into one. Church and State are separate in the MAA and FEA. Law Enforcement is privatised. The government hires Black Sun to act as police and run prisons. This makes them easy to buy off and often they won’t care about an area unless they are being paid for it. For this reason police are rarely seen in slums of cities. Yet richer areas are often full 24 hour of police surveillance. Many common laws such as assault, murder, theft, trespassing, fraud, sexual assault exist. As long as a weapon isn’t biological, chemical or nuclear you can probably buy it legally. Narcotises and prostitution are both legal. As are enchantments to the body of all kinds. For the most part the law takes a rather laid back approach. As a rule of thumb you can assume long as you aren’t harming someone or their property, it isn’t a crime. Of course of someone has enough money, the police could be convinced that they aren’t committing crimes or that other people are. The fire brigade are are volunteer force run by each individual city.

Education and Healthcare:
The government pays the Rendo–Clarke to run Primary and Secondary Schools. This allows youth to attend for free while the government picks up the cost. There are also private schools which people must pay to attend. Without doubt they are far better than the public alternative. Rendo-Clarke also run universities. Some excellent students receive government scholarships to attend these universities but most have to pay out of their own pocket. Hospitals exist to cure most aliments, from broken bones to bullet holes, disease to dismemberment. They are privately run by the ProtoGen company which uses its Bioware technology to heal people. The Body Alteration Booth is an often used tool. Magic is also used to heal people but to a lesser extent due to its unpredictable nature. Medigel is a product made by ProtoGen that is sold commercially in small canisters the size of deodorant cans. It exists in the place of things like plasters and disinfectant. When the gel covers a wound it seals it off from infection and stops bleeding. It effectively acts as skin, should you have enough you can cover almost any wound. It also kickstarts the healing process. This isn’t to say it will completely heal you. While in some smaller cases it will, medigel is still good to keep you together on the way to a hospital. It costs 50 Chits a can.

Magic:
There are mages of all races but not all people have innate magical talent. All elves do. Magical ability shows itself around puberty. Despite countless hours of study we are unsure about the nature of magic. It is seen as an art rather than a science. Mana is all around us and part of the universe itself. You can’t see it, harvest it, taste it or smell it but it is there. For unknown reasons there are higher concentrations of mana in some places and very low concentrations in others. It is this mana that powers magic. Mages don’t speak words or make special movements, instead they just use themselves as a channel for the mana around them. By using magic one tires themselves. An inexperienced user could fall unconscious through their overuse. The only real way to master your use is through practice. But what exactly can magic do? In short, nobody is sure. You can heal minor wounds, cure diseases, fire elemental blasts of flame, summon spirits, use telekinesis, create illusions, levitate, breath underwater and much, much more. Still magic is a tricky beast, you can never be sure what will happen and something can always go wrong. It is best to experiment, try different things to see what you can and can’t do. However there are somethings magic is universally known to be unable to do. It can’t resurrect the dead (at least it never has) but you can put a spirit in a body to create a zombie. You can’t summon anything other than a spirit but you may be able to make a creature follow your commands. You can’t teleport things, travel in time. You can't use magic to change your race, sex or general appearance. However those things can be easily done with bioware. You can however change into animal form, this however is one of the most difficult magics to do successfully. You can't change others into animal form. There is also talk of mages who can change one material into another. This is mostly regarded as nothing more than fairy tales. If it ever was possible then it has been lost to time. The same is true of lots of magic, it is often hard to separate what can be done, what can't be done and what just hasn't been done yet. Just because we think it is impossible, doesn't mean it is. However in all these things the conservation of mass still applies. Stage magicians are popular as people enjoy the tricks they can do.

Technology:
Technology has advanced well in the world. It has advanced beyond even our technology. While lasers guns, FTL travel, teleports, time machines and hovercars don’t exist, there is some great tech out there. Computers have come far and people can dive their consciousness into cyberspace. Weapons and transport have improved. You can alter your body with cyberware and bioware. Technology has allowed for a great many things. That isn’t to say it is always used for good.

Cyberware:
A piece of cyberware is an implanted piece of technology controlled by the mind often unconsciously. It can vary from a fully prosthetic body to far more common implants that allow for the connection to other technology and the cyberspace. Robotic limbs, hidden weapons, communication devices, computers, chainsaw arms, piano built into your leg, in short if you can imagine it, you can implant it. Almost everyone has some kind of cyberware implanted in them. You would have to be a backwards luddite if you didn’t. That or very, very poor. The most common implant is a “Jack” that simply allows the brain to interact with technology either wirelessly or through direct input. Keyboards and other such input devices are a thing of the past. To interact with computers you need a Jack. You can control technology remotely or download knowledge directly into the brain and copy existing knowledge to back up devices. Of course this could be used for wiping somebody’s mind or giving them fake memories. This also allows your consciousness to enter into technology, this is how people access the digital world of cyberspace. Cyberware could look exactly like the real thing or totally different, it all depends on what the consumer wants. Costs vary depending on what you want. A basic Jack would be 50 chits while a good prosthetic body would costs hundreds of thousands. Cyberware doesn’t impact your use of magic in anyway. It doesn’t make it worse or better.

Robotics:
Robots are fairly advanced. True AI is rare, mainly because of the cost of making one more than the moral issues associated with enslaving a sapient being. It is cheaper to just have robots that follow simple commands or put a person’s brain into a robotic body. It is against the law to clone people or to make artificial people. That isn’t to say that it doesn’t happen in secret.

Bioware:
ProtoGen holds the monoloply on Bioware. Bioware is technology that allows you to change an individual’s genetic material at a cellular level. You can change somebody’s race, sex, height, age, weight, allow those with no innate magical talent to use magic, make people faster, harder or stronger, have them heal faster, give them stronger organs, thicker skin, allow them to breath underwater or give them wings to fly. In short you can change every detail about somebody’s biological make up. These alterations occur inside a Body Alteration Booth (BAB), a device that somewhat looks like a metal coffin. Time inside a BAB can vary from 5 minutes to 18 hours depending on the procedure. The thing about a BAB is that while it can make you in peak physical condition it cannot make you a super human. To be better than the best you would need cyberware.
Another interesting thing of note is the cost. For one thing you don’t need maintenance afterword. Costs can vary from 500 Chits for a simple procedure to 10,000 Chits for the most complex.

Weaponry:
There is little in the way of weapon control. As a rule of thumb if it isn’t nuclear, chemical or biological you can probably buy it. Guns still use bullets and most have good old triggers. They are a lot like our guns except stronger. People still use melee weapons. Swords, bats, crowbars, knives. But obviously guns are far better. You can also get your hands on explosives like grenades, mines or even rocket launchers. Cyberware can be used for weaponry. Allow you to improve your aim, reflexes, fire with your mind or even build your weapons into your body itself. Weapons cost a similar amount to our prices for them. Of course you don’t have to buy them from reputable sources.

Transport:
A common mode of transport is on foot. By putting one foot in front of the other people can walk, doing it quickly and they can run. Those with wings can also naturally fly. People also use pedal bicycles and motorbikes. Automobiles such as cars, buses and trucks are one most used modes of transport. Trains, trams and subways are also used for public transport. Ships are used for traveling across water. Submarines are also used but are far less common. For air transport people use helicopters or aeroplanes. Helicopters come in a number of sizes, some can only fit half a dozen people for transport while others can carry 2 dozen people or large piles of cargo. Rockets are used to travel to space. A large space craft known as Journey’s Hope is home to an entire city and is currently traveling to the stars. To drive all these modern vehicles the pilot can plug themselves into it, the vehicle literally becomes part of them. The exception is vehicles with no engines (bicycles) and older vehicles which are like antiques. Vehicles also continue to have manual inputs, this is for the unlikely event that there is some technical difficulty.

Computers and Cyberspace:
Computers have advanced far beyond what we have. They are faster and better and all technology is interconnected by cyberspace which is a lot like the internet. As mentioned old input devices like keyboards are a thing of the past, people instead use cerebral implants called Jacks to interact with technology. It could be wireless or a physical input. In cyberspace the user is represented by a persona. They are much like avatars on the internet. It could look like you, like a fictional character, like a robot, like a massive squid. It is all up to the user. Cyberspace is like an entire virtual world. All computers are part of cyberspace, here you look at files and gather information. An individual part of cyberspace, such as one computer is commonly called a plane. What the part of cyberspace or plane looks like depends on what is what it was designed to look like. It could be an office, a library, a forest or a castle. Cyberspace also encompasses something wider. You can interact with other people, head to cyber cafes, play games. In ways it is a lot like our internet. Of course it is dangerous. If you are hacking into a computer the built in defences could fry your brain and kill you. While such extreme measures are rare it is best to be cautious in these virtual planes. While people being trapped in cyberspace is considered impossible as one’s mind never actually leaves their body and you can always log out with ease, urban legends remain. People speak of ghosts which haunt cyberspace itself.

Entertainment:
People still enjoy music, radio, television, literature, films, and impressive magic shows. However one of the most popular forms of entertainment is the JLL Game or Just Like Life Game. With technology that allows for simulated sensation you just plug into the device like a computer. It transports you to an interactive virtual world where you play as a persona. This persona could be selected by the designer or you could make it yourself. You could play as a fox running around meadows, play as a sword swinging barbarian hero, be a sauvé detective or just use one of the countless [&@%!] ones to have a lot of sex. There really are endless possibilities for a JLL game, especially when you consider how thousands can be part of one multiplayer game.

Last edited by Kerr on Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:08 pm, edited 11 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:16 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

ES Games: Morrowind, Skyrim
I'm not sure why but reading that made me want to play as a bio-engineered Frankenstein like monstrosity. Looks like a lot of fun though.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:38 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: All of 'Em
Platform: PS4, PC
Other Profiles: PSN: Unionhack, Steam: Unionhack
UESPoints: 13
Kerr, I am SO in.

Already thinking of a Male Drow character to do. Would it be okay to be something like an Asian-European; ethnically a drow but born and raised in Europe around humans?

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:43 pm 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

ES Games: I, II, III, IV, V. Once I caught a fish alive.
Platform: PC & Playstation
UESPoints: 20
Yeah, that would be fine. People of all races live in all parts of the world, like it is with our world. I'm planning on having the city the RP is set in be in our Germany.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:04 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim
Platform: PS3
UESPoints: 2
Kerr~
<3 <3 <3 the roleplay!~ You've been a busy boy~

Hey, are you into roleplay?! Click here to join our awesome subforum!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:30 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Platform: Xbox 360, PC(Morrowind, Skyrim)
UESPoints: 1
I am definately joining that. It really does sound amazing.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:50 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: All of 'Em
Platform: PS4, PC
Other Profiles: PSN: Unionhack, Steam: Unionhack
UESPoints: 13
Then my drow character; probably going to be named Rylvyr or Talfein; will be a total Brit.

Eye colors for Drow are exclusively red, or are we getting some Karliah-like exceptions?

Quote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5439 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132 ... 218  Next