UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:34 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: End of (modern) Arena Unofficial FAQ page?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:59 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Arena,Daggerfall,Oblivion,Skyrim,ESO
Platform: PS3,PS4,PC,MAC
UESPoints: 0
The Arena section has a page titled "Unofficial FAQ", which was originally, and mostly still is, content from the 1994 text document. It was added to UESP's wiki from the original UESP site as an historical document, but continued to have minor edits. A copy of the original unedited document was created and named the "Historical Unofficial FAQ".

I am making final efforts to ensure any of the information from the original document and any modern added info is incorporated into the proper pages throughout the Arena section. This should render the modern "Unofficial FAQ" completely redundant. (I'd say over 85-95% was already in the main pages before I even joined.) When that process is complete, I would like to remove the link from the main Arena page.

Any comments, recommendations, concerns, restrictions?

Post subject: Re: End of (modern) Arena Unofficial FAQ page?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:16 am 
Global Wiki Admin
Global Wiki Admin

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO All DLC
Platform: PC
Other Profiles: AKB (Doppelgänger)
UESPoints: 4985
No, that's fine. Although more editors would see this on the relevant talk page over the forums.

Thought for the day:

Success teaches us nothing; only failure teaches.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:37 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

If you are speaking about the discussion/talk section for that page, I put a message there first. If something different, then please let me know.

That's kind of funny to me, because when you make an edit on the discussion page there is a notice at the top
Quote:
This is a talk page, used to discuss the contents of the main article. If you want to chat with other users about Unofficial FAQ, please consider using the UESP forums instead.
I guess I need to think of it in terms of general users discussing the "topics" of the page and editors considering the page itself.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:48 pm 
Global Wiki Admin
Global Wiki Admin

ES Games: All
Platform: PC, Switch
UESPoints: 420
That's a generic message to redirect social posters elsewhere.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:02 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Finished going through the FAQ. The original still has all the information if I missed anything. There wasn't much that wasn't already on the site, but I did learn a few things by going through it. I'll leave the link on the main Arena page for a while longer before removing it, and then let you guys do what ever you do with defunct pages.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:21 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I deleted the link, but it was pointed out that I shouldn't do that unless the page was deleted. (Not that it was their opinion that it SHOULD be deleted- just for clarification.) How do you suggest a page be deleted?

After looking through some discussions of other pages that had discussions about deletion, I realized that History is a major factor. So, I'm instead, suggesting that the new page I created be deleted (Historical_Unofficial_FAQ), and the original be turned into the historical FAQ. The page I created only has two grammar edits and this would preserve the original and it's history.

I'm redirecting discussion here: Arena_talk:Unofficial_FAQ under the discussion; "END of the (modern) Unofficial FAQ".