UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:49 am

Loading

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Hakar - where are you?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:48 pm 
Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman

Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:22 pm
Posts: 294
ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PS3 & PC & PS4
UESPoints: 0
Tidying up now.

I've been looking at the World Encounters. In particular I am trying to complete what is entitled in the game guide as "The Great Skyrim Cache Grab".

There are 3 Dawnguard agents to be found who each have "orders" telling you where the caches are located, (3 each), and a key to unlock them. The key isn't mandatory as the boxes can be lockpicked, but the "orders" are as they trigger the spawn of the boxes.

I've found 2 of the agents. Saliah and Lynoit. They actually spawn in specific locations after many attempts.

Hakar is an unwilling agent who isn't really up to the job and according to the guide, he should be found or "come across" somewhere in Whiterun Hold between 11pm and 1am where he is being chased down by vampires.

I have no idea where the spawn point is, so with my limited logic I am running roughly between where the caches will appear, as the job of the agent is to stock them. Why would he be anywhere else?

I have now spent days running around Whiterun Hold, sticking basically to the main cobbled roads. I'm getting the Thalmor Escort, the Vampire Assassins, Bandits fighting Giants and that goddam headless jockey ad infinitum but Hakar isn't showing.

I reset the time when I reach 1am by reloading the save.

They say that the definition of insanity is repeating the same procedure over and over again and expecting a different result. I am going that way now, so maybe it's time to approach the problem differently or looking in a different area!

Any body got heads up on this?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hakar - where are you?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:23 pm 
Offline
Apprentice
Apprentice
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:51 pm
Posts: 175
Location: Lietuva Šiauliai Ginkūnai
ES Games: GOG.com: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY; Steam: Skyrim +HF,DG,DB; Elder Scrolls Online
Platform: PC
Other Profiles: Ciberzombie or CZR
UESPoints: 0
it may be bad idea but: maybe you have already met him before you begone searching for him and he simply despawned before you begun to search for him so he won't spawn again. it have happened with me and ghost in some ruins where i searched for him for days to realize that i have missed him before i begun to search for him and he despawned permanently. http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim_talk:Kjenstag_Ruins

_________________
Image
Dar'averr , jack of all trades


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hakar - where are you?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:00 pm 
Offline
Associate
Associate

Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:12 pm
Posts: 24
Location: Far north
ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 0
I've seen him twice as I can recall; once on the road from Dawnstar towards Stonehill, where the road turns left (near Mzinchaleft), and where a path goes towards Pale Imperial Camp. Second time on the road west from Whiterun, a random encounter point west of Secunda's Kiss and south of Fort Greymoor. Both times he is attacked by vampires, and survives only because I kill them. On other occations I possibly have passed near enough a encounter point to trigger the encounter but not noticed, and then he is killed and eventually disappears.

_________________
A lake in Skyrim is named after me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hakar - where are you?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:26 pm 
Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman

Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:22 pm
Posts: 294
ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PS3 & PC & PS4
UESPoints: 0
ciberzombie wrote:
it may be bad idea but: maybe you have already met him before you begone searching for him and he simply despawned before you begun to search for him so he won't spawn again. it have happened with me and ghost in some ruins where i searched for him for days to realize that i have missed him before i begun to search for him and he despawned permanently. http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim_talk:Kjenstag_Ruins



I don't think that is the same guy.

I'm sure way back that that ghost is mentioned in the Companions quests or somewhere.

I think if you come across those ruins before you are scheduled to, it can still spawn and then as you say, that's it you'll never see him again. But I don't think its Hakar.

I've given up looking now. You are given basically 2 hours of game time to go search one of the biggest areas in the game with no clue as to where the situation will spawn. So you try and narrow it down to where the cache chests are located and do the laborious travelling between them hoping he is knocking around.

At least with the other two you have some indication as to where they will appear.

I don't think I'll find Hakar in this life or the next. While I'm running and fannying around trying to find Hakar, I'm not increasing my levels.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hakar - where are you?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:29 pm 
Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman

Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:22 pm
Posts: 294
ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PS3 & PC & PS4
UESPoints: 0
Geir wrote:
I've seen him twice as I can recall; once on the road from Dawnstar towards Stonehill, where the road turns left (near Mzinchaleft), and where a path goes towards Pale Imperial Camp. Second time on the road west from Whiterun, a random encounter point west of Secunda's Kiss and south of Fort Greymoor. Both times he is attacked by vampires, and survives only because I kill them. On other occations I possibly have passed near enough a encounter point to trigger the encounter but not noticed, and then he is killed and eventually disappears.


So why, in the game guide does it state categorically that he can only be encountered in Whiterun Hold? Or is it yet another typo error?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hakar - where are you?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:06 pm 
Offline
Associate
Associate

Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:12 pm
Posts: 24
Location: Far north
ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 0
Frodo-Baginses wrote:
So why, in the game guide does it state categorically that he can only be encountered in Whiterun Hold? Or is it yet another typo error?


The guide may be correct, in theory, but the game itself isn't without bugs. This confirms he may be found in other holds: http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim_talk:Dawnguard_Novice_Hakar

_________________
A lake in Skyrim is named after me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hakar - where are you?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:44 pm 
Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman

Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:22 pm
Posts: 294
ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PS3 & PC & PS4
UESPoints: 0
Looked at this already.

It seems contradictory.

Lynoit is the one found with ash piles not Hakar.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hakar - where are you?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:33 pm 
Offline
Associate
Associate

Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:12 pm
Posts: 24
Location: Far north
ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 0
Frodo-Baginses wrote:
Looked at this already.

It seems contradictory.

Lynoit is the one found with ash piles not Hakar.


Look at the last part:
Quote:
I finally had an encounter with Hakar! The other Dawnguard couriers seem to keep to the Hold(s) where the caches they are in charge of are located (not sure about the perpetually dead Linoit) but I discovered that Hakar can appear in other areas.

_________________
A lake in Skyrim is named after me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hakar - where are you?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:13 am 
Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman

Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:22 pm
Posts: 294
ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PS3 & PC & PS4
UESPoints: 0
Geir wrote:
Frodo-Baginses wrote:
Looked at this already.

It seems contradictory.

Lynoit is the one found with ash piles not Hakar.


Look at the last part:
Quote:
I finally had an encounter with Hakar! The other Dawnguard couriers seem to keep to the Hold(s) where the caches they are in charge of are located (not sure about the perpetually dead Linoit) but I discovered that Hakar can appear in other areas.


Where did you run into him. I'll try and run over there and trigger it for myself and put myself at peace!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hakar - where are you?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:29 pm 
Offline
Associate
Associate

Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:12 pm
Posts: 24
Location: Far north
ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 0
Frodo-Baginses wrote:

Where did you run into him. I'll try and run over there and trigger it for myself and put myself at peace!


In Whiterun Hold: on the road west from Whiterun, a random encounter point west of Secunda's Kiss and south of Fort Greymoor.

In Pale Hold: on the road from Dawnstar towards Stonehill, where the road turns left (near Mzinchaleft), and where a path goes towards Pale Imperial Camp.

The other guy on Skyrim_Talk (ref link): In Hjaalmarch Hold:
Quote:
just west of Robber's Gorge by the river's edge.


Good luck.

_________________
A lake in Skyrim is named after me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hakar - where are you?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:52 pm 
Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman

Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:22 pm
Posts: 294
ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PS3 & PC & PS4
UESPoints: 0
Geir wrote:
Frodo-Baginses wrote:

Where did you run into him. I'll try and run over there and trigger it for myself and put myself at peace!


In Whiterun Hold: on the road west from Whiterun, a random encounter point west of Secunda's Kiss and south of Fort Greymoor.

In Pale Hold: on the road from Dawnstar towards Stonehill, where the road turns left (near Mzinchaleft), and where a path goes towards Pale Imperial Camp.

The other guy on Skyrim_Talk (ref link): In Hjaalmarch Hold:
Quote:
just west of Robber's Gorge by the river's edge.


Good luck.


Its quite difficult discerning the paths from Dawnstar. Is the path you are describing as far as the "lifts" that appear off the road to the left and right?

I got one spawn down this road. Just a Redguard woman being accosted by two Alkair Warriors. Nothing else appearing as yet. Is this where you mean.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hakar - where are you?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:30 pm 
Offline
Associate
Associate

Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:12 pm
Posts: 24
Location: Far north
ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 0
No, it's the road turn before the lifts. West of Windward Ruins, right after passing some ruins/stone rubble. If running west you have a dragon mound on your right side. Afaik there is just one spawn point in this area, so probably where you met the redguards.

_________________
A lake in Skyrim is named after me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hakar - where are you?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:31 pm 
Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman

Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:22 pm
Posts: 294
ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PS3 & PC & PS4
UESPoints: 0
Geir wrote:
No, it's the road turn before the lifts. West of Windward Ruins, right after passing some ruins/stone rubble. If running west you have a dragon mound on your right side. Afaik there is just one spawn point in this area, so probably where you met the redguards.


Spent a good hour and a bit grinding away on the Dawnstar/Stonehill road in the general area you said. Nothing yet.

All I'm getting is the Argonian Caravan, (rarely), M'aiik the Liar, (regular), a vampire chased by three Vigilantes of Stendarr, (very rarely) and a bloody dragon.

In fact using saves that give me a period between 11pm and 1am, I'm not getting a regular reliable spawn at all compared to the areas where I found the other two Dawnguard Agents.

I tried the area in Whiterun and It seems to have dried up there too.

What time band are you using? Are there any other variables/constants to consider?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hakar - where are you?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:08 pm 
Offline
Associate
Associate

Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:12 pm
Posts: 24
Location: Far north
ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 0
It's been a while since I met him, but it has always been during night time. I don't have any suggestions at this point; I don't know if it is possible to check the console in order to find out if you already met him.

_________________
A lake in Skyrim is named after me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hakar - where are you?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:48 am 
Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman

Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:22 pm
Posts: 294
ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PS3 & PC & PS4
UESPoints: 0
Console isn't an option. I'm playing on PS4.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Sponsored Links

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group