UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:01 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Levelling
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:11 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PS3 & PC & PS4
UESPoints: 0
I am now at level 89. I have only one skill to get to 100 which is Pickpocketing but I have already been there, having gone Legend on it.

I have now completed all of the tasks set down in the game guide for all parts of the game, including Dawnguard, Dragonborn, and Hearthfire as well as the Main Quest line.

As far as I can I have ticked off all of the side and dungeon quests, but obviously some remain in limbo because of premature deaths of NPCs etc. and committing unknowingly to disorderly play resulting in certain quests getting nullified.

So I am nearly at the end, or at least my end.

The only niggling thing that remains is the Dawnguard side quest entitled, "The Great Skyrim Cache Grab". This isn't listed or mentioned in the Wiki as such but the characters who help trigger the cache finds are. They are Hakar, Saliah and Lynoit.

All of these characters are evidently scattered around specific holds some between certain times of day, such as Hakar in Whiterun Hold between 11pm and 1am. He is to be found being attacked by vampires and you have to fend them off and get his cache key, but can I find him? Can I hell! I've looked for hours and days using Detect Life and Detect Dead, but there's no sign.

The same goes for the other two. Lynoit is actually dead with a couple of ash piles surrounding him. You'd think he would be the easiest to find because he ain't moving, but I've searched between where his caches are located, and waited around for something to happen as I have with the other two, but in the end I've given up.

They aren't materialising.

Has anybody got any possible locations I could try?

Being a completionist has it's downside if you are a bit OCD like me, but I am getting to my limit now. Probably time to start a different game - roll on Assassin's Creed Origins!

Post subject: Re: Levelling
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:03 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: GOG.com: All except these >>> Steam: Skyrim LE & Special; ESO all chapters; Legends
Platform: PC
Other Profiles: Ciberzombie or CZR
UESPoints: 8
if you are completionist then you could (try to) perk all skills like me, tho i only perked only useful (somewhat) perks avoiding buggy or pesky perks like Bullseye which can make target fall before arrow reaches it, or Deep Freeze which messes up potential reanimation candidate or Disintegrate which vaporizes victim or Savage Strike/Devastating Blow leaves headless corpse and you can't have headless zombie like in Oblivion

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:04 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Battlespire, Redguard, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO, Legends, Blades
Platform: PC, Mac, iPad
Other Profiles: SeaGtGruff (Steam), TinklyGosling47 (Xbox)
UESPoints: 20
I haven't played the Skyrim add-ons yet, so I can't help you with your question-- unless maybe the character(s) you're looking for got killed somehow? That happened to me while trying to do one of the quests in plain vanilla Skyrim. I ended up having to use console commands to resurrect the character and bring him to my location, or vice versa.

As for levelling, I found that the "Muffle" spell works great for that. Just "Legendary" your Illusion skill, then cast "Muffle" repeatedly everywhere you go. I've gotten up to some ridiculous level that way and got all of the perks for all of the skills. But I eventually got tired of the endless pursuit of Level 999 or whatever, so the last time I maxed out Illusion again I just stopped there and reacquired all of the Illusion perks.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:33 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: GOG.com: All except these >>> Steam: Skyrim LE & Special; ESO all chapters; Legends
Platform: PC
Other Profiles: Ciberzombie or CZR
UESPoints: 8
muffle? its only 144 xp per cast, better use Harmony its 841 xp per cast per effectable target ,who have level maximum of 25+8Hypnotic Gaze/+(8Animage/10Kindred Mage). with enough targets you can get from 1/2 level on 90+illusion to 10+ levels at 15+illusion per cast. tho muffle don't need targets so you can re-legendary your illusion anywhere anytime

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:36 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Battlespire, Redguard, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO, Legends, Blades
Platform: PC, Mac, iPad
Other Profiles: SeaGtGruff (Steam), TinklyGosling47 (Xbox)
UESPoints: 20
Yeah, Muffle needs no target, and can be cast repeatedly-- you can literally cast it over and over again nonstop while you're running around everywhere, pausing only briefly to let your Magicka go back up again, so it doesn't take that long for the XP to add up. I'm currently at Level 343, and the only reason my level isn't higher than that is I got bored with increasing it. I've made Illusion legendary 282 times, using Muffle. Before I settled on making Illusion legendary, I made Sneak legendary 3 times, but Illusion works much better.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:56 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Found Lynoit!

I had to do it the laborious method.

Running from Kartwasten to the Fort Sunguard area. Prior to a junction of roads make a save, then proceed fowards and up to the right where you can view the random respawns. Don't get involved with any of the kerfuffles, (World Encounters), just make a note of them and tick 'em off your list, reload the save and repeat until you get to the Lynoit encounter. Get the key and the orders plus the gold etc. Then save again.

Evidently Lynoit is the easy one, so I'll be ready for the mental home against I've done the next one!

If anyone can give me a heads up on Saliah and more importantly, Hakar, please do before I tear what's left of my hair out!

Post subject: The Great Skyrim Cache Grab
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:36 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

OK - I found Saliah. Equally as difficult and drawn out as Lynoit.

I ran from Winterhold toward Whistling Mine, made a save to keep coming back to, and continued in the same direction toward Fort Kastov.

Saliah appears/spawns riding a horse down the steep road from Fort Kastov, but almost certainly not on the first run through, unless you are extremely lucky.

I kept at it using the same save for about an hour before she appeared.

Only Hakar left then.

So far I haven't a clue where he might appear.

Any body know?