UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:34 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Enchanted bartering necklaces
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:29 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PS3 & PC & PS4
UESPoints: 0
Up to yet, having played Skyrim for the best part of 6 months and reached almost level 80, I have only come across one necklace enchanted for bartering. The only one I have come across is the Necklace of Major Haggling which gives 17% better prices.

According to the game guide and the Wiki there are 6 levels offering between 12% at Minor and 25% at Peerless but where the hell are they?

All of the other skills seem to have items of equipment, jewelry, weapons, apparel etc. of all 6 levels in abundance. I've even come across multiple examples.

The Masque of Clavicus Vile which would have helped a lot, isn't an option. I completed the associated quest early in the game and naively gave it away for sodding axe, which I then proceeded to execute the mutt with. If I'd known at the time, Iwould have let him live and retained the mask.

Is it possible to enchant a ring or necklace to the same level? I suppose that would mean destroying the only item I have found though.

Post subject: Re: Enchanted bartering necklaces
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:32 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: III, IV, V
Platform: XB1
UESPoints: 10
Frodo-Baginses wrote:
Is it possible to enchant a ring or necklace to the same level?
It looks like Fortify Barter can only be added to necklaces.
As a general rule enchantments you do can exceed anything you find in the game. You need to be willing to sit down and go through the Alchemy-Enchanting loop a few times, with maxed-out Alchemy and Enchanting with all relevant perks. Also some 'powers' from the Dragonborn DLC will be helpful.

The Enchanting page on the wiki explains how to do it (see under Maximizing Enchantment Power) but there are some Solstheim spoilers in there.

Spoiler-free version looks like this:

Wear four pieces of apparel enchanted with Fortify Alchemy (head, necklace, ring, arms).
Craft 2 or 3* potions of Fortify Enchanting at an alchemy lab.
Drink a potion you just made.
Enchant gear with improved Fortify Alchemy effects more powerful than those you started with.
Repeat from step 1 wearing the new gear.
When you can't get Fortify Alchemy gear any higher then you make a big batch of Fortify Enchanting potions and drink those whenever you're doing any enchanting.

*Depends how fast you are on the Enchanting screens. I mostly do 2 items per potion.

tbh I've never done any Fortify Barter enchantments before so I am not sure if you will need the stuff from Solstheim or if you will be okay without them.

Anyway that's a lot of work to boost up just one enchanting slot. So you might as well redo all your other enchantments as well and while you're at it take a look at doing some Fortify Smithing gear and potions to improve your weapons.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:17 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PS3 & PC & PS4
UESPoints: 0
I am now at last, when I least need it, in possession of the Ring of Peerless Haggling. It gives me 25% better prices and can be un-enchanted. But the learned enchantment can't be used on anything other than a necklace so pretty pointless.

Would have been good if I could have added it to a ring and a circlet. It would have given me a killing at the shops!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:01 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: GOG.com: All except these >>> Steam: Skyrim LE & Special; ESO all chapters; Legends
Platform: PC
Other Profiles: Ciberzombie or CZR
UESPoints: 8
with fortify restoration/alchemy+enchanting loop you can create item to most any value. i when hit level 200 mark made a necles with fortify barter to ~200 tho anything above 100 on barter i think is wasted since i have 100 in speech and fully perked it long before this. even at 200 fortify pricec for seling goes to nominal item prices for almos every merchant and buying prices is nominal+5%