UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:59 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: "At the Summit of Apocrypha" quest not starting
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:49 am 
Layman
Layman

UESPoints: 0
I am currently doing the dragonborn DLC main quest line. After completing "The Gardener of Men" quest, "At the Summit of Apocrypha" does not start. I give Storn the black book, he reads it, Hermaeus Mora kills him, and I learn the final word of Bend Will; normally, I assume, "At the Summit of Apocrypha" begins; not so in my case. Also, prior to finishing "The Gardener of Men", I read the Black book "Waking Dreams". I made it all the way to chapter VI, learned the final word of Dragon Aspect, and left. I'm assuming that by doing so, I bugged the main quest line. I have used the console commands "start quest DLC2MQ06" and "setstage DLC2MQ06 10". Any ideas?

Post subject: Re: "At the Summit of Apocrypha" quest not starting
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:33 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Everything 'cept ESO and Travels
Platform: Linux Personal Console
UESPoints: 16
Alright first off, have you tried re-reading "Waking Dreams"? (I know it sounds like a stupid question, but it is the lowest hanging fruit)

And now two things from the Wiki:
Quote:
If you prematurely pass through every chapter of the Black Book: Waking Dreams before Frea tells you to avenge her father, visiting Apocrypha may not prompt Miraak or the dragons to attack.

Quote:
The quest may not have been entered into the journal, despite completing the prior quest. Use the console command setstage dlc2mq06 200 then walk around the locked gate to trigger the next objective and [Sahrotaar] should arrive.

So my suggestion is to read "Waking Dreams" and enter Apocrypha, walk as far backwards as you can, then type in console command dlc2mq06 200 and proceed through the area.

Post subject: Re: "At the Summit of Apocrypha" quest not starting
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:45 pm 
Layman
Layman

UESPoints: 0
Your suggestion did not work. Nonetheless, thank you for your reply. I am at a loss as to how I am supposed to be able to complete this quest without restarting.