UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:55 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Get both Hircine rewards problems
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:14 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Morrowind, Skyrim
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 0
I am doing the Oblivion Walker achievement finally after a thousand hours of play. I ran into a issue with Ill met by moonlight. It's possible to get both rewards from this quest, or so says the UESP wiki.

Quote:
It is entirely possible to obtain both the Ring of Hircine as well as the Savior's Hide. In order to do so:

Talk to Sinding and tell him you will spare his life.
Help Sinding eliminate the remaining hunters.
Tell Sinding that the Hunters are dead, exit the cave and the Aspect of Hircine will appear again, granting you the Ring of Hircine.
Go back into the cave, kill Sinding, take his hide and receive the Savior's Hide from Hircine.

My issue is when I go back into the cave then kill Sinding. He has no hide for me to loot. I have done it multiple times by reloading a save and I get the same result, no hide. I am not in beast form so the reported glitch shouldn't happen. Not sure what the issue is, any one have any ideas?

Post subject: Re: Get both Hircine rewards problems
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:22 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

ES Games: Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim
Other Profiles: perylousdemon (Steam)
Khali wrote:
I am doing the Oblivion Walker achievement finally after a thousand hours of play. I ran into a issue with Ill met by moonlight. It's possible to get both rewards from this quest, or so says the UESP wiki.

Quote:
It is entirely possible to obtain both the Ring of Hircine as well as the Savior's Hide. In order to do so:

Talk to Sinding and tell him you will spare his life.
Help Sinding eliminate the remaining hunters.
Tell Sinding that the Hunters are dead, exit the cave and the Aspect of Hircine will appear again, granting you the Ring of Hircine.
Go back into the cave, kill Sinding, take his hide and receive the Savior's Hide from Hircine.

My issue is when I go back into the cave then kill Sinding. He has no hide for me to loot. I have done it multiple times by reloading a save and I get the same result, no hide. I am not in beast form so the reported glitch shouldn't happen. Not sure what the issue is, any one have any ideas?

I'm not sure what could be causing your bug. Maybe try adding Sinding's skin to your inventory via the console? Open the console and type "player.additem 0002ac62 1" without the quotation marks. Not sure whether that will work or not, though.

Do keep in mind that it isn't strictly necessary to get both rewards unless you've already locked yourself out of one of the other Daedric artifacts (Skull of Corruption, Masque of Clavicus Vile, Mehrunes' Razor, Ring of Namira, Mace of Molag Bal, Oghma Infinium).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:45 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO, Legends, Blades
Platform: PC, PS4, PS5, XSX
UESPoints: 5
What you're trying to do is exploit a glitch, and because this was never intended by the game designers it's not truly guaranteed that it will necessarily work as intended. Are you using any patches or mods that might fix the bug that allows you to acquire both artifacts?

Beginner's Guide to Morrowind

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:01 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Morrowind, Skyrim
I have all the unofficial patches and a few mods that balance/fix weapons and armor stats so its possible.

I normally don't use exploits. But in this case I was trying to save some time by cutting down on having to do one more quest to get the achievement. Since the time has been lost already trying to get this to work I think I am going to go back to before I started the quest and just go for the armor this time. I don't do the werewolf thing any longer than it takes to cure myself so the ring is a waste for me.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:41 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Oblivion (SI), Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360
after you kill Sinding Hircine should appear to grant you the hide.

have you tried to kill Sinding and walk out of the cave? just like you did with the ring.

Could you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can? - Sun Tzu

Hidden:
ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:36 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO, Legends, Blades
Platform: PC, PS4, PS5, XSX
UESPoints: 5
Khali wrote:
I have all the unofficial patches and a few mods that balance/fix weapons and armor stats so its possible.

I normally don't use exploits. But in this case I was trying to save some time by cutting down on having to do one more quest to get the achievement. Since the time has been lost already trying to get this to work I think I am going to go back to before I started the quest and just go for the armor this time. I don't do the werewolf thing any longer than it takes to cure myself so the ring is a waste for me.

No shame in that :mrgreen: I just meant that it doesn't always work out in the way that the UESP page describes. You are far from the first person to experience this issue, with the glitch not working the way it has for others. Like I said, the game designers never intended for this to happen, so it may just be that in your case it didn't.

The Unofficial Skyrim Patch does address a bug with I'll Be Met By Moonlight, although not the glitch that allows you to get both rewards specifically. I'm only hypothesising here, but that might be the reason.

Beginner's Guide to Morrowind