Switch to full style
Stuck? Need Help? This Forum is for you!
Topic locked

Who'd you give Azura's Star to?

Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:18 am

Nelacar or Aranea?

I'm having trouble deciding which one to give it to... Please tell me which one you gave it to and why.

Re: Who'd you give Azura's Star to?

Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:51 am

I gave it to Nelacar,
Spoiler:
because Black Soul Gems are hard to find, expensive to buy, and I hear tell that it's very difficult to find White(creature's) souls that are Grand (I think mammoths' are the only ones that are always Grand). Whereas all NPCs' souls are always Grand. It's absolutely the more economic choice.

Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:13 pm

Honestly, The Black Star is probably the better of the two items, because NPCs are probably more common enemies, and they all give Black Souls, the equivalent of only the most powerful creature souls. However, for roleplaying purposes, 9/10 times I'd go with Azura's Star, even though it is not as good.

Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:15 pm

I sided with Aranea, just seems the more noble thing to do. I also don't do that much enchanting so I didn't really care about the black potential.

Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:17 pm

Plus, Ms. Ienith is a pretty badass follower. I sided with Azura.

Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:08 pm

I gave it to Aranea but now I see that it was a bad decision. Monsters that will give a Grand-filling are powerful as hell compared to one-shot-one-kill bandits that are scattered everywhere.
Does the Black Soul version of Azura's Star look different?

Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:18 pm

Does the Black Soul version of Azura's Star look different?
Yeah. And wayyyy better. It resembles more the star from Oblivion. Basically though it's just a black pallet-swap.

Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:20 pm

I didn't really put much thought into it, but I gave it to Aranea

Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:54 am

I got azuras star. Honestly the black star is better (for reasons listed above) but, to me, it wasn't that big of a deal. I use mace of Molag bal (which soul traps) and I recharge after every creature I kill to free the star for another soul. I find that 2-3 common or greater souls work just as well as a grand soul.

Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:20 pm

I gave it to Aranea. I have had no issues with keeping a good supply of BSG's available. Necromancer/Conjuror dungeons often have a good supply of BSG's.

Spoiler:
You also have a chance to mine BSG's in Blackreach. The Geode Veins there can yield soul gems and have a chance of popping blacks.

Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:05 pm

Nelacar, for the reasons listed above.

Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:40 pm

Nelacar, just because. I didn't know how either would play out, and I'll be playing through with different choices later anyway.

Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:51 pm

Besides reverting vampireism, what other uses does a black soul gem have?

Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:10 pm

CX gamer wrote:Besides reverting vampireism, what other uses does a black soul gem have?

It is listed above, but here it is again:

Black soul gems allow you to trap the soul of an NPC (Non Playable Character/humanoid/person), each of which has a Grand Soul. So instead of having to kill a Mammoth for a Grand Soul, you can kill a bandit archer, which is 1000 times easier.

Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:53 pm

Oooh thanks. I did read the topic before posting, I just didn't understand it at first. :)

Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:32 pm

Just a brief question.
Is it just somehow possible to swap or exchange Azura's Star for The Black Star?
As i just noticed, that The Black Star existed and it is way better than Azura's Star...

Thank you anyway,
Greetings.

AkumaSlayR

Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:46 pm

Hi! Welcome to the Forum.
Is it just somehow possible to swap or exchange Azura's Star for The Black Star?
Well, not legitimately :P But, you're on PC? I'm sure there are console commands for it.

Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:55 pm

Hey, Thank you very much,

Yeah, i'm on the PC, but i dont want to use console commands, as they disable achievements with Steam-Overlay -.-
Too bad, then, thank you anyway :)
Topic locked