UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:50 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Athletics/ Acrobatics skill
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:55 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 0
So, I'm sure we've all noticed that the residents of modern Tamriel are, how shall I put this? Fat and lazy. Apparently nobody trains in Athletics or Acrobatics anymore, and the end result is that nobody can run very fast, and apparently the Dragonborn is the only person who can jump at all. Why? Maybe the Thalmor banned cardio, who knows? This cannot stand! I propose that we change it, and to that end, I'm going to be making a mod that returns Athletics and Acrobatics to their rightful place in the Pantheon of Skills. The two skills will be merged into one- Athletics- and will be appended to the end of the current Skill list, assuming the CK makes this possible. Presumably, this will also raise the current level cap.

So, if anyone's got any suggestions or requests, here's the place to make them! Right now, this is what I've got brainstormed:

ATHLETICS
This skill represents the player's speed and raw physical conditioning. Characters who are skilled in Athletics can jump higher, swim deeper, and move faster for longer periods of time. The best athletes and acrobats have even been known to perform dazzling aerial tricks in combat, evading blows and catching their opponents unawares!
Trained by Sprinting, Jumping, Swimming, and taking falling damage.
Every level increases movement speed by 0.15%, jump height by 1% (At Level 100, with all perks, this adds up to: +30% movement, +150% jump)
Skill Trainers: Khajiit at caravan stops, Sapphire in the Thieves Guild
To prevent balance issues, nobody gets any racial bonuses.

PERKS
Name of perk (skill level required): description

Code:
Conditioning (20/40/60/80/90):   Sprinting costs (20/40/60/80/90)% less stamina.
   Fleet of Foot (40):   Movement speed increased by 10%
      Powerful Swimmer (60): Movement speed increased by 5%, 4x lung capacity, enable melee attacks while underwater
         Nimble (80): Execute fast evasive rolls by jumping while holding RMB, evasion is very fast and costs stamina like a power attack      
   Acrobatic (40):   Jump height increased by 50%
      Tumbler (60):   95% less damage from falls
         Luchadore (80): Execute flying attacks by jumping while holding LMB, jump attacks operate like power attacks and deal extra damage on top of your standard power attack bonuses

Salmon Jump (100, Nimble OR Luchadore):   Jump on water and enables Power, Salmon Jump: 500% jump height for five seconds once every 300 seconds

NEW ITEMS
Five new skill books (any writers?)
Scroll of Icarian Flight: jump height increased by 5000% for 5 seconds.
Boots/ Rings of Speed: leveled enchanted gear that increases movement speed
Boots/ Rings of Acrobatics: leveled enchanted gear that increases jump height
Boots/ Rings of Freerunning: leveled enchanted gear that increases both movement speed and jump height
Black Marsh Rebreather: mask w/ waterbreathing enchantment, easier to find than Dragon Priest gear
Crampon Boots: boots that greatly increase traction and mountain climbing ability, grants player horse-like cliff scaling skills.
Small set of unique artifacts that help speed and jumping

(USER GOT 3 KARMA FOR THIS POST)

Post subject: Re: Athletics/ Acrobatics skill
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:23 am 
Warder
Warder

Platform: PC Master Race
DorostheConqueror wrote:
Luchadore
SOLD! :D

All things need more luchadore.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:20 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
A good one, although the jump height increase by skill would need to be reduced to say: Skill • 0.8 = jump height percentage.

+ You would have to add no fall damage for Salmon Jump power

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:10 pm 
Mod On Leave
Mod On Leave

Platform: Xbox, PC, STD
Other Profiles: Gamertag: MightyGo0dLeadr
UESPoints: 15
Theificka wrote:
A good one, although the jump height increase by skill would need to be reduced to say: Skill • 0.8 = jump height percentage.

Or you could make Luchadore also give you the perk of no fall damage (from a reasonable height).

I'd be willing to take a crack at writing a skill book. Or you could just borrow texts from Oblivion or Morrowind's skill books.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:27 am 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games: Skyrim
Add Spears too so I can be a Dragoon like Cid Highwind doing jumping spear attacks and Dragon shouts

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:06 am 
Warder
Warder

Musicman247 wrote:
Theificka wrote:

Or you could make Luchadore also give you the perk of no fall damage (from a reasonable height).

I'd be willing to take a crack at writing a skill book. Or you could just borrow texts from Oblivion or Morrowind's skill books.

On The Run:

A story about an Argonian in the slavery times in Morrowind.

The Goat Man:

A story of a child that grew up in the mountains of Skyrim, who eventually came to be known as the Goat Man because he has such agility and grace in jumping the mountains.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:56 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO, Legends, Blades
Platform: PC, PS4, PS5, XSX
UESPoints: 5
The plan you've already got actually looks good enough that I'd actually consider downloading it and installing it as is, and this is coming from someone who isn't that disappointed the two skills were removed, and wasn't a huge fan of them to begin with. I bet you could use the silent roll animation in this mod to some extent.

Beginner's Guide to Morrowind

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 am 
Warder
Warder

I think that this should be put in the Stealth area
The image for the skill should look like a foot about to sprint, or like it is in a heel.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]