UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:28 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1893 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 76  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dawnguard.
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:27 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Morrowind (Xbox/PC), Oblivion (PS3/PC), Skyrim (PS3/Xbox 360)
Platform: Xbox, PS3, Xbox 360
UESPoints: 0
Anybody notice the bodies on the dining-tables in the first part of the trailer? Epic.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:36 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Oblivion and Skyrim
Platform: Xbox
Lol at people questioning why the Dragonborn would join this Molag Bal cult.

Newsflash: It's an RPG. You don't have to follow a linear 'must save the world' quest-line.

Also note, as I earlier pointed out, that when the sun is blocked out in the trailer, it strongly resembles the Bloodmoon (one of Hircine's trademarks.)

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:40 pm 
Imperial Legate
Imperial Legate

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO
Platform: PC, Xbox, Xbox 360
UESPoints: 20
In the trailer, if you pause really fast during the part where the axe-wielding knight on horseback swings his weapon at the right moment you'll notice a small symbol on the breast of his armor. It's the symbol of the Order of the Virtuous Blood, the vampire hunting guild from Oblivion.

Monsters are bred in labyrinths, labyrinths are bred from walls. There is a reason the Giants choose to remain nomadic rather than follow their shield kin the Nords in building permanent settlements. The Tower is the beginning of all walls.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:56 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Oblivion GOTY, skyrim
Platform: PS3
The Dawnguards must be a splinter group of the OotVB then.

Hotel room by yourself men's underpants Las Vegas.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:41 pm 
Imperial Legate
Imperial Legate

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO
Platform: PC, Xbox, Xbox 360
UESPoints: 20
cowleyj wrote:
The Dawnguards must be a splinter group of the OotVB then.

I'm guessing since it's been 200 plus years, it's an expansion/evolution of that core group of vampire hunters.

Monsters are bred in labyrinths, labyrinths are bred from walls. There is a reason the Giants choose to remain nomadic rather than follow their shield kin the Nords in building permanent settlements. The Tower is the beginning of all walls.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:48 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360
House of the Wolf wrote:
Has there been any teaser or release on what the Vampire Lord's powers are going to be? I know that, as one, you can fly/levitate, have Night Eye, life drain, and probably all of the previous vampire powers, but anyone know what they are beyond that?

In that video that Bethesda released after Skyrim came out (the one with all the stuff they came up with in a week) they showed the ability to summon Vampire Imps. Since they added Flying Vampire Lords, which were also shown in that video, they might add the imps as well.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:50 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, Morrowind
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 7
Im not into the whole vampire thing. In fact, I detest vampires...but the crossbows I can surely do. I'm going to give mine a name and sleep with it at night. I sure hope there are more dragons. The whole vampire thing I honestly find...disappointing. But I will give it a chance...we shall see.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 11:32 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: Arena, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC, PS3
I actually really dig the idea. I'm contemplating starting a new character who is strictly a vampire hunter so he's well seasoned when the expansion is released.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 11:36 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

ES Games: oblivion/ daggerfall/Skyrim
Platform: xbox360/ PC
My real biggest problem is just the fact I expected greater and grander things to come of the Dragonborn, and this seems like a dead end to be honest, where would we go after letting Vampires and Molag Bal take over Skyrim?

Everything we just did would have been for nothing, Civil War, Dragon Crisis I mean it makes you out to be a real scumbag to join with them after all that, but then again there is the Dawn Guard to join up.

I have no problem with the idea of the DLC, to be honest I think it's pretty cool that we can finally be evil (or at least darker grey as I expect) and totally rebel against Skyrim. It would be perfect for those who play a charcter as an assassin and Dark Brotherhood type. So I guess as long as they write themselves out of this and pave the way for the next DLC, which I hope ties up the loose-ends in Skyrim (Thalmor, Talos/Shor identity thing, Falmer, and remaining Dragons/Alduin).

But I guess that put aside for now as I'll have to play it to see it, I'm interested to see how this doesn't become a bomb to Skyrim's already intricate plot. I'd imagine blocking out the sun and let the Vampire's roam free would cause a problem to the Dragons and Civil War.

Also, why the DawnGuard, we had the Silver Hand to pretty much take on this role?

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 11:39 pm 
Global Wiki Admin
Global Wiki Admin

ES Games: All
Platform: PC, Switch
UESPoints: 420
Flying vampires and flaming horses? Bethesda better get working on that lore...

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 11:40 pm 
Master
Master

Da_BossMaN69 wrote:
My real biggest problem is just the fact I expected greater and grander things to come of the Dragonborn, and this seems like a dead end to be honest, where would we go after letting Vampires and Molag Bal take over Skyrim?

Everything we just did would have been for nothing, Civil War, Dragon Crisis I mean it makes you out to be a real scumbag to join with them after all that, but then again there is the Dawn Guard to join up.

I have no problem with the idea of the DLC, to be honest I think it's pretty cool that we can finally be evil (or at least darker grey as I expect) and totally rebel against Skyrim. It would be perfect for those who play a charcter as an assassin and Dark Brotherhood type. So I guess as long as they write themselves out of this and pave the way for the next DLC, which I hope ties up the loose-ends in Skyrim (Thalmor, Talos/Shor identity thing, Falmer, and remaining Dragons/Alduin).

But I guess that put aside for now as I'll have to play it to see it, I'm interested to see how this doesn't become a bomb to Skyrim's already intricate plot. I'd imagine blocking out the sun and let the Vampire's roam free would cause a problem to the Dragons and Civil War.

Also, why the DawnGuard, we had the Silver Hand to pretty much take on this role?

Who says they are going to take over Skyrim? for all we know them blotting out the sun just means they are gonna walk in the day, there's still a lot of Guards defending cities. All Bethesda needs to do is add random Vampire patrols that wander around during the day, and add some comments about how the roads are less safe.

The DLC will have some Falmer related stuff in it, you can see several Falmer in the trailer, and we know the Snow-Elf Prince is gonna be in there somehow.

Beyond that I dont know what DLC you would expect for your "Talos/Shor identity thing" and "Remaining Dragons" comments. The dragons are here to stya, and I am not sure what you mean by the Shor/Talos thing.

The Silver-Hand deals with Werewolves, not Vampires. Also The Companion's quest-line makes working with the Silver Hands a no-go, being a Companion would deny you access their side, since the Silver Hand hates the Companions.

legoless wrote:

Daedra powered super Vampires, and the flaming horse could be like shadowmere, I mean it isn't like that thing didn't SPAWN OUT OF A BLACK LAKE.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 11:54 pm 
Novice
Novice

legoless wrote:

Flying Vampires were already in Vvardenfell.

The flaming horse wouldn't be any less bizarre than Shadowmere.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 11:59 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games: Skyrim, oblivion
Platform: Xbox 360
To bad my main character who was slightly evil glitches up so bad I had to start a new game. My new guy is a never do bad wood elf ranger. Looks like dawnguard for him. Might have start a new character to be a vamp. Hmmm dark elf or Nord?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:07 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, Morrowind
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 7
Yeah, I can see Dawnguard being for my mage....but not for my DB assassin. She detests vampires and anything that changes form into something grotesque. Just because you are evil doesn't mean you want to become a vampire. I hope there is enough content in there for me to continue playing her, as I am quite attached to both my characters and have designed them to be used for the DLCs in this game. I'm sure I'll find something. *crossing fingers*

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:09 am 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Morrowind (Xbox/PC), Oblivion (PS3/PC), Skyrim (PS3/Xbox 360)
Platform: Xbox, PS3, Xbox 360
As far as how it fits into the game, I'm sure it will nicely. Just like the expansions for Fallout 3/NV. Plus, the Silverhand are more of the dark-grey bad guys, chasing after the light-grey Companions. Dawnguard could be something worlds-different.

I did notice an extra power the Vampire Lord seems to have: echo-location. That seems effing sweet.

And Dunmer are usually the best vampire choice as far as game-play (fire resistance), and (IMO) they look badass with fangs, but that's totally up to you.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:26 am 
Master
Master

ES Games: IV: GOTY, V: DG, HF, DB
Platform: PC (IV, V) & PS3 (V)
Ooooh, perfect. I have the goodie-goodie Meridia followers for my lawful good witch, and the vampires for my neutral evil thief! This sounds like so much fun, really.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:30 am 
Novice
Novice

Witchery wrote:
extremely evil thief!

Edited based on what the Vampires are going to be like.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:32 am 
Master
Master

FNF wrote:
Witchery wrote:
extremely evil thief!

Edited based on what the Vampires are going to be like.

Oh, character development and all that. I can make her extremely evil. :P

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:42 am 
Master
Master

In RPGs i find it hard not to play a character who can be considered "good" most of the time, but at the same time realizes that some people just got to die.

Nothing is really off limits as long as there is a reason behind it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:50 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: oblivion GOTY, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox-360
On my main character (who is a very gray hero) i will decide who he joins based on what he has to gain. Being a vampire lord sounds cool and stuff, but hunting them down and not binding himself to a daedra sounds pretty good as well.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:58 am 
Master
Master

Rynkar wrote:
not binding himself to a daedra sounds pretty good as well.

We don't really know this for sure, yet. Dawnguard, (assuming) from what I know so far, definitely has something to do with Meridia.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:07 am 
Warder
Warder

Witchery wrote:
Rynkar wrote:

We don't really know this for sure, yet. Dawnguard, (assuming) from what I know so far, definitely has something to do with Meridia.

I know ita still up in the air, but vampires are pretty much bound to a daedric prince (lore wise at least)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:12 am 
Master
Master

Rynkar wrote:
Witchery wrote:
Rynkar wrote:

I know ita still up in the air, but vampires are pretty much bound to a daedric prince (lore wise at least)

I'm not talking about them, I'm talking about the vampire hunters. :P

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:17 am 
Warder
Warder

Witchery wrote:
Rynkar wrote:
Witchery wrote:

I'm not talking about them, I'm talking about the vampire hunters. :P

I know... dawnguard could just be a title and have nothing to do with meridia, or it possibily could. Like i said, its still up in the air.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:19 am 
Master
Master

Rynkar wrote:
I know... dawnguard could just be a title and have nothing to do with meridia, or it possibily could. Like i said, its still up in the air.

Of course. I was only assuming, of course. "Dawn," "sun protector" and the whole "undead hunter" thing kind of justifies it. She is the Daedric Prince(ss, if you will) of light.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1893 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 76  Next