UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:06 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1893 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 76  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dawnguard.
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 12:02 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Skyrim, Oblivion
Platform: xbox 360
UESPoints: 0
Hmm, nevermind. Thats good, cause I wasnt really into that idea.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 12:41 am 
Master
Master

I EAT pain wrote:
I hope this effects both Skyrim and whatever land we go to.

The only effects I would expect the DLC to cause on the land of Skyirm is the addition of new generic weapon/armor to shop's lists.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 10:40 pm 
Imperial Legate
Imperial Legate

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO
Platform: PC, Xbox, Xbox 360
UESPoints: 20
The Elder Scrolls wasn't the only item in the game that allowed the player to go back in time.

The Wooden Mask did as well...

And it also revealed the location of the mask of the one Dragon Priest we never actually meet or fight in the game.

Monsters are bred in labyrinths, labyrinths are bred from walls. There is a reason the Giants choose to remain nomadic rather than follow their shield kin the Nords in building permanent settlements. The Tower is the beginning of all walls.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 8:49 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Oblivion, Morrowind, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360
Great ideas everybody! Not too much longer to wait now. I can't see this one being Thalmor related though. Hopefully Falmer? That would be interesting. Also, i want plenty of new lore! :D

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 10:12 am 
Master
Master

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC
Time travel is most times really problematic, changing things back in the past can have enormous effects on the present.
The two time travel things we saw in Skyrim are more or less without effect, in one you are just an invisible viewer and in the other one you are isolated in a single room where you can't really change anything.

It would be awesome to do and see things back in the first era but they need a "failproof" concept how this changes the present.

RFC 5513

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 10:39 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC, PS3
Trelares wrote:
Time travel is most times really problematic, changing things back in the past can have enormous effects on the present.
The two time travel things we saw in Skyrim are more or less without effect, in one you are just an invisible viewer and in the other one you are isolated in a single room where you can't really change anything.

It would be awesome to do and see things back in the first era but they need a "failproof" concept how this changes the present.

Oh yeah, quite on the contrary: having a backwards time-travel episode which is subsequently changing the behaviour of the now/future skyrim in general - means you go forward again and have a new game :)

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 3:57 pm 
Undecided
Undecided

ES Games: Oblivion (SI); Skyrim (DB)
Platform: Steam, XBox
Other Profiles: DarkSpark135
UESPoints: 5
Trelares wrote:

We're talking about a game universe where the detailed story is defined by the player, in as many variations as there as players.

My experience with the Elder Scrolls is different from yours. Your experience with the Elder Scrolls is different from the next person who enters this conversation.

Casandra: At the moment, the deadliest weapon at my disposal is a goblin's head on a stick. I'd be worried if this was the plan.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 6:29 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim
Huntershound wrote:
Reven wrote:
What if it has to do something to do with the Vigilants of Stendarr?
I suspect Beth will explore the faction more
since they seem incomplete in the game. So the glowing eyes could be some sort of blessing bestowed by Stendarr? Maybe it could be of both Meridia and the Vigil teaming up for some reason?

I sure hope not since my main character goes around killing them as if they were the silver hand.

Exactly. My characters have done plenty of things for various Daedra, and some summon them to fight by their side. I don't think any of my characters could be considered Vigilants of Stendarr, more like ... Works with the enemy when you're not looking, especially when it comes to shooting you in the back, of Stendarr

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 7:15 pm 
Novice
Novice

is it June 5th yet! this is taking too long

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 10:09 pm 
Imperial Legate
Imperial Legate

Trelares wrote:

In this case, you're like Kyle Reese. You're not changing the past - you're keeping someone or something evil from doing that.

And for the record, this wouldn't be a new concept in TES. It's implied that Pelinal Whitestrake was sent back in time to eradicate the Ayleids, possibly from some horrible alternate future where they ruled and enslaved all of Tamriel.

Monsters are bred in labyrinths, labyrinths are bred from walls. There is a reason the Giants choose to remain nomadic rather than follow their shield kin the Nords in building permanent settlements. The Tower is the beginning of all walls.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 12:05 am 
Master
Master

Pilaf The Defiler wrote:
In this case, you're like Kyle Reese. You're not changing the past - you're keeping someone or something evil from doing that.

And for the record, this wouldn't be a new concept in TES. It's implied that Pelinal Whitestrake was sent back in time to eradicate the Ayleids, possibly from some horrible alternate future where they ruled and enslaved all of Tamriel.

If the Ayleids had ruled everything in the future, I doubt Reman would have been born, preventing Pelinal from knowing who Reman was, and yelling praises to him in battle.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 4:40 am 
Master
Master

Reman maybe was the John Connor of Pelinals future, if we stay by Terminator references^^.

RFC 5513

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 5:20 am 
Master
Master

Trelares wrote:
Reman maybe was the John Connor of Pelinals future, if we stay by Terminator references^^.

Na, Alessia would be the John Connor to Pelinal's terminator.

on another note, I really hope we get to see the 6th walking way to reach heaven through violence in a DLC, after having examples of the first five already I am interested in seeing the 6th.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 6:43 pm 
Imperial Legate
Imperial Legate

You seek Amaranth, sir.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 9:53 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

UESPoints: 4
What will Dawnguard cost, do you think?

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 11:40 pm 
Imperial Legate
Imperial Legate

AddictedtoMorrowind wrote:
What will Dawnguard cost, do you think?

20 bucks? I'm just guessing.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 11:41 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Platform: Xbox 360, PC
UESPoints: 14
I'd guess anywhere from $20-35. It's pretty much going to be the equivalent of half of Skyrim (in terms of all the updates, not just land mass) so it'd probably cost somewhere near half the cost of Skyrim.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 4:45 am 
Master
Master

Pilaf The Defiler wrote:
You seek Amaranth, sir.

Yes, yes I do.

I have always loved the descriptions and everything behind the 6 walking ways to reach heaven through violence, I really want to see the 6th.

EpicAbrad wrote:
I'd guess anywhere from $20-35. It's pretty much going to be the equivalent of half of Skyrim (in terms of all the updates, not just land mass) so it'd probably cost somewhere near half the cost of Skyrim.

I doubt it would be that large.

Its gonna be point lookout from Fallout 3 if anything.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 10:35 am 
Champion
Champion

Platform: PC (Morrowind, Oblivion) PS3 (Skyrim)
I would maybe guess that it is around one quarter of the size of skyrim, but at half the price. Over here in Australia for whatever reason games are extremely expensive, when skyrim first came out it cost $100. Luckily I bought it online at $65, so this DLC could be anywhere from $30 if were lucky and $50 if people get greedy.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 7:43 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim
I expect it'll be like Bethesda's Fallout 3/NV DLC's, though of course I would prefer more. You guys/gals are talking about 50 and 25% of the size of Skyrim ... I'm predicting more like 5% (and that might be generous) just looking at Beth's more recent history. Look at say mothership/zeta ... it's basically just an additional dungeon with maybe 3 new weapons

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:22 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Platform: xbox 360
I'm still guessing Azura will be involved in some capacity. Probably something with Falmer to. As to size since the bigger stuff was stated be bethesda as to be more of a focus in skyrim I'm guessing something like shivering isles maybe.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:30 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Oblivion, Morrowind, Arena, Daggerfall, Skyrim, in order.
Platform: Xbox, Xbox 360, and DOSbox.
My best guess is the Falmer. They've been dropping hint after hint that the Falmer are finally prepared to begin assaulting the surface world, and if you consider the blind mole-like merpeople to be creatures of darkness, literally spewing forth from the earth to lay siege to the daylight, the name "Dawnguard" can be taken very literally.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 3:47 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Skyrim, Oblivion
I'm going with Falmer as well. It just makes a huge amount of sense to me.
Although I wouldn't object if Meridia was involved.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:01 am 
Master
Master

Archea47 wrote:
I expect it'll be like Bethesda's Fallout 3/NV DLC's, though of course I would prefer more. You guys/gals are talking about 50 and 25% of the size of Skyrim ... I'm predicting more like 5% (and that might be generous) just looking at Beth's more recent history. Look at say mothership/zeta ... it's basically just an additional dungeon with maybe 3 new weapons

Bethesda already said the DLC would be around the size of, or larger then, Point Lookout, which was between 16-20% the size of Fallout 3.

Also Bethesda did not make New Vegas..... Obsidian did.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 3:00 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Oblivion, Morrowind, Skyrim
I'm gonna go with the Falmer too! Also, i hope the DLC adds another weapon sheath for the weapon in the left hand. Kinda weird how it justs disappears into thin air once your weapons are sheathed.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1893 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 76  Next