Switch to full style
A place to discuss and ask questions about the fifth part of The Elder Scrolls series and its expansions
Topic locked

Dawnguard.

Tue May 01, 2012 6:26 pm

So the DLC/expansion was just announced!! No other clues beyond the title just yet, and a poster. More to come at E3.

So what do we all think?!?!?! :D

EDIT: I know we've not got much to go with at the minute, but still!

YouTube Link

Re: Dawnguard.

Tue May 01, 2012 6:32 pm

We got an announcement that there would be an announcement at E3

Tue May 01, 2012 6:34 pm

They announced that they were announcing the announcement of Dawnguard at E3

Tue May 01, 2012 6:36 pm

More announcements of announcements .___. But I am curious about Dawnguard.

Tue May 01, 2012 6:43 pm

It is kinda amusing that there is some outrage about their announcement and the fact people are now realizing that the 360 gets the dlc a month before anyone else.

Tue May 01, 2012 6:45 pm

Why would anyone be angry? It's been public information since before Skyrim was even released! This is about as surprising as the need to get another calendar at the end of the year!

Tue May 01, 2012 6:50 pm

rpbraley868 wrote:the fact people are now realizing that the 360 gets the dlc a month before anyone else.

Didn't bethesda say this like months ago?

Tue May 01, 2012 6:56 pm

I think it will have something to do with gaurding aginst the mythic dawn\oblivion
most likekly with the stendar group.

Tue May 01, 2012 6:58 pm

Dawnstar? A deadric realm to do with dawn?

Also, I'M A 360-ER! WOO!

Tue May 01, 2012 7:01 pm

Adds new guards with glowing eyes to dawnstar

Tue May 01, 2012 7:03 pm

Best DLC ever! Makes me even more glad I'm a 360-er!

We have two threads for this, just realised.

Tue May 01, 2012 7:05 pm

I think the other one was made before the DLC was announced. It was just a final prediction one (if we're thinking of the same one).

Tue May 01, 2012 7:07 pm

Ah, I see. Ok then.

Tue May 01, 2012 7:09 pm

The picture.
Spoiler:

Cant wait!

Tue May 01, 2012 7:16 pm

Maybe just a big hoax and dawnguard is the name of the dlc you need for the kinect integration!

Edit: Sry missed this news out, that it is already released, but would have been funny.
Last edited by Trelares on Tue May 01, 2012 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 01, 2012 7:17 pm

The Kinect integration is already released. If you have a Kinect, you can already use it.

Tue May 01, 2012 7:23 pm

It either has something to do with the Mythic Dawn and Dawnstar (after all, Silus' museum was there), Meridia (whose artifact is Dawnbreaker) or Azura (the Daedric prince of dusk and dawn).

Tue May 01, 2012 7:25 pm

Or it could have something to do with Redguard, or basically everything else with "Dawn" or "Guard" in its name according to popular consensus.

Tue May 01, 2012 7:28 pm

Hah, I know what you mean. That name is so vague, because there are so many things in the Elder Scrolls universe that include "Dawn" and "Guard". For me, the glowing eyes seem to push it towards something Daedra-related. Most likely either Mehrunes or Meridia.

Tue May 01, 2012 7:29 pm

I want to guess that it has to do with the Dawnstar sword's background. His eyes look similar to the effect on the sword. I don't know where you get the sword though, so I don't know what background this DLC will have.

Tue May 01, 2012 7:32 pm

Are you talking about Dawnbreaker? That kind of makes sense actually. Meridia also hasn't been spotlighted ever (even during Knight of the Nine, when she should have been front line and center considering it was her Daedra invading), so it would be nice to give her a day in the limelight.

Tue May 01, 2012 7:36 pm

tatortodd22 wrote:I want to guess that it has to do with the Dawnstar sword's background. His eyes look similar to the effect on the sword.

I think you mean the Dawnbreaker sword, but I know what you're saying. It was the eyes having the same glow as the sword that made me think of Meridia and Dawnbreaker.

Tue May 01, 2012 7:41 pm

EpicAbrad wrote:
tatortodd22 wrote:I want to guess that it has to do with the Dawnstar sword's background. His eyes look similar to the effect on the sword.

I think you mean the Dawnbreaker sword, but I know what you're saying. It was the eyes having the same glow as the sword that made me think of Meridia and Dawnbreaker.

Sorry. Pulled an all nighter playing beating the DB questline....brain isn't useful for anything right now.

Tue May 01, 2012 7:49 pm

Tamriel = Dawn's beauty
Dawnguard = Guarding Tamriel
Datamining files show Falmer presence and Vampires
Books in Skyrim hint at a Falmer invasion
Dawnguard = protecting Tamriel from a Falmer invasion
Falmer leader the "snow prince" is a vampire

my two cents
Last edited by SajuukKhar on Tue May 01, 2012 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 01, 2012 7:51 pm

The Snow Prince's body was incinerated after he died. It can't be the "Snow Prince". Though, considering how Dawnguard turned out to be correct, it would probably be smart to treat the DLC files as being signs of what is to come.
Topic locked