UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Fri Sep 13, 2024 4:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1005 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next
 Post subject: Re: Your Skyrim Character(s)
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:51 am 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, Redguard, Battlespire, ESO
Platform: PC
Other Profiles: Steam: angryargonian
UESPoints: 0
Unionhack wrote:
I am disappointed that your chatacter is indeed not an Angry Argonian.

That would be my Oblivion character! :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:46 am 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: Skyrim will be my first, would love to try out Morrowind and Oblivion
Other Profiles: Steam: cupcakewars1983
My first ever Skyrim character is Brydda a Nord Shield Maiden. Now I just need to buy a mouse and work out these controls a bit more and also how to upgrade skills..... I feel like such a noob right now! But I'm loving the game so far :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:24 am 
Layman
Layman

Name: Catalina
Race: Nord
Favorite people: Camilla Valerius (wife), Aventus Arentino (adopted son), Brynjolf (business partner/best friend), Iona (bodyguard), Delvin Mallory & Vex (business associates)
Least favorite people: Maven Black-Briar, Mercer Frey, Taarie

Personality: She's been described by many as psychopathic. She's friendly, approachable and will go out of her way to crawl through long-winded Dwemer ruins to help out a complete stranger, but at the same time, she'll kill someone if they so as much look at her funny. It's rumored that she murdered a blacksmith in Falkreath as well as three guards, just because the blacksmith called her a man.

Despite her innocent, almost childlike appearance, she's a highly competent thief and assassin. While not employed by the Dark Brotherhood, she has done freelance assassin work in the past. It is said that when a group of bandits tried to ambush her, she killed the twenty plus men all by herself and then burnt the leader alive.

Backstory: She was abused by her parents, which lead her to live a life of mental instability. She spent years secretly learning the art of stealth, and the art of swinging a blade. Finally, one day she murdered both her abusive parents, two town guards, fled and never looked back.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:26 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: 5, O, 3, 4
Platform: PC EU
UESPoints: 1
Last one, 8th: Falka, Girl, Nord

Loves to swing 2H katana, hunt with bow, and study at the academy. Her life goal is to visit every modded Tamriel province, but first: Skyrim.

Built for mod testing/etc.

Previous, 7th: Walker, Me, Nord (first Legendary ed)

He has done whatever could be done ingame. Normally acquired 82lvl to face Ebony Warrior and legendary dragons. Using mainly 2H, Bow, XBow, secondly 1HS, DW, Restoration. Crafts leveled a few times (50->80lvl). About 300 hours ingame, ended with nothing else but radiant quests to do (and some magic related gimmicks I hate).

<insert picture of regular vanilla skyrim hero with Deadric armor and Dragon weapons>

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:51 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: arena,morrowind,oblivion,skyrim
Platform: pc,xbox 360
my character's name is pants, he's a khajiit, mage-type character though if he is in a pickle and is out of magic he will use whatever he can find, and if he can't find anything he will punch his way out of that pickle. his backstory is pretty uncreative: he's lost in the world and doesn't fit in in his home city in dune. so he left to find his purpose. he found himself in skyrim and learned his magical talent so he went to the college of winterhold to hone it.

this backstory needs a lot of work

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:29 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360, PS3
Name: Gíslaug the Grim
Race: nord
Class/build: dark paladin
Birthblace: somewhere in Skyrim.
Major skills: Destruction, conjuration, restoration, heavy armor, two-handed
Minor skills: smithing, enchanting, maybe block or archery
Wears and wields: Right now she's wearing black mage-robes with imperial steel bracers and steel boots and novice hood. Wields two handed iron sword. She usually starts with destruction-spells, when enemies get too close, switch to weapon. She uses Restoration to heal herself and conjuration to make zombies.

Backgroud: She's born in Skyrim, but has spent several years elsewhere. Her background is still pretty much work in progress.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:56 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: 360; PC
Other Profiles: SadeLeamonde; AedanStarfang
Okay here's a few of mine...

Spoiler:
Name: Ri'Taji
Race: Ohmes-Raht Khajiit
Profession: Skooma Dealer/Pawn Broker
Primary Skills: Sneak, Lockpicking, Pickpocket

Name: Vedam Venim
Race: Dark Elf
Profession: Scullion at the New Gnisis Corner Club/Wannabe Adventurer
Primary Skills: Light Armor, Destruction, One-Handed

Name: Erandil
Race: Sea Elf
Profession: Mercenary
Primary Skills: Heavy Armor, One-Handed, Destruction

Name: Umbra (Arcixto Spada)
Race: Imperial
Profession: Pariah/Outlaw
Primary Skills: Light Armor, One-Handed, Blocking

Name: Imago Volar
Race: Dremora
Profession: Loitering Daedra
Primary Skills: Heavy Armor, Destruction, Conjuration

Name: Malacoda
Race: Redguard
Profession: Pirate/Thief
Primary Skills: Archery, Sneak, One-Handed

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:57 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Platform: 360; PC
Other Profiles: SadeLeamonde; AedanStarfang
Name: Zell
Race: Breton
Primary Skills: Two-Handed, Light Armor, Conjuration
Hidden:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:31 pm 
Lord of the Shivering Isles
Lord of the Shivering Isles

ES Games: Oblivion:GOTY, Skyrim:Legendary edition
Platform: PS3.
UESPoints: 12
Name:Svedir
Race:Nord
Primary Skills: Dual Wielding sword and axe or mace, Heavy Armour, Archery, Lockpicking.
Secondary skills: all 3 crafting skills. Sneak.
Summary of backstory: Family wiped out by Thalmor in Anvil for worshipping Talos. Fled to Skyrim after shaving his head to try to fool the Thalmor. So far, it worked.
Plans: Companions, Dawnguard, Legion, smiting Miraak, lots and lots of random quests. Maybe, become Thane of all of the holds.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:42 pm 
Layman
Layman

Platform: PS3
Nord
Male
Born in the burned out cabin with 2 bodies outside, NE of Falkreath (his parents were killed by the old jarl's men)

This was my second character. First play-through I jumped into the main quest and struggled mightily. This time I leveled smithing, alchemy, and enchanting to 100 before doing the main quest at level 56. I completed Thieves' Guild (except I kept the Skeleton key) and the dark brotherhood first, part of the companions, and killed 25 dragons while leveling up.

Deadric armor (fortify health and heavy armor)
Oxbow gauntlets (daedric with marksmanship +45%, carry weight +41 pts
Oxbow ring (same as gauntlets)
The Gourmet's Hat (marksmanship +45%, destruction -25% cost)
Daedric Boots (fortify carry, something else)
Daedric Bow, legendary, +fire 40pts +shock 40 pts does about 375 pts or 500+ if I potion up

I killed Alduin with 6 arrows and 1 marked for death shout, and have killed regular dragons with 1 arrow.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:50 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: All
Other Profiles: Seraph/Ariador
UESPoints: 8
My best Character:-

Name: Seraph
Race:Breton
Level:10,000(WHAT!!!!!)
Class:Crusader
Skin:White
Hair:Black
Eyes:Brown
Face:Chinese
Main Skills: Intelligence and Wittiness
Fighting Style:Bare Hands and sometimes a sword
Attributes:Hand-to-Hand, Athletics, Acrobatics,
Companion:None
Get-up: Robes or Normal Clothes
Story:Seraph is a very mysterious character who tells none his true story.

Seraph is loosely based on Seraph from the Matrix Reloaded. I could not yet find an Oracle or a little girl though.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:27 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: TES Anthology
The most effective characters I've created so far include:

Name: Octavia
Race: Imperial / Werewolf
Class: Druid Shapeshifter
Skills: Speechcraft and all magic skills
Description: I had tried the Orc werewolf, but I found the Imperial to be just as effective thanks to Voice of the Emperor. Level 99 Calm for 60 seconds means everyone stands around and pays no heed as she transforms into a werewolf and picks them off one by one.
Backstory: As I mentioned in another thread, I love playing as a werewolf, but I always tend to roleplay as a druid. Therefore she focuses heavily on magic, is very discreet, only kills in self-defense, and shows no mercy to factions like the Thalmor. Her goal in life is to change the perception of werewolves from vicious savages to staunch guardians of nature.

Name: Medomai
Race: Argonian
Class: Hydra
Skills: Alchemy, Restoration, One-Handed, Alteration
Description: This is the build mentioned on the Tamriel Vault website. The Hydra regenerates so fast as to be nigh indestructible, and uses poisons with rapid strikes to take out enemies. In the case of enemies that can't be poisoned, the Paralyze spell works wonders.
Backstory: She is a survivalist above all else. She walks into situations that would spell disaster for any normal adventurer and comes out none the worse for wear. While it might seem like she enjoys making enemies suffer, she prefers to kill them as quickly as possible to minimize the chance of retaliation. She is an expert biologist, both because it makes her a skilled healer for her allies, and a deadly assassin for those who oppose her.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:55 pm 
Undecided
Undecided

ES Games: Oblivion (SI); Skyrim (DB)
Platform: Steam, XBox
Other Profiles: DarkSpark135
UESPoints: 5
Spoiler:

1) Maxmylan Soran, skirt-chasing rogue. He may be a thief, but he never harms the innocent and generally runs away from the not-so-innocent. A practitioner of stealth who sees any room as a puzzle meant to be solved: How to get a guard to turn left instead of right, or convince the barmaiden to flirt with the young noble while Max sneaks off with his keys. Recently he's added illusion magic to his toolset.

2) Talma Aldabra. Daughter of nobility who was cursed with a proficiency in fire magic. Well, 'cursed' as her family thinks of it. She was raised in a castle with prospects of becoming a wife and homemaker in mind. Instead, her powers manifested and the life she dreamt of was burned away. She has a problem controlling her spells, but this means she has no problem killing when the situation calls for it. Now she faces a future of adventure that she was never prepared for.

3) Casandra Serein. She's Talma's mirror image in some respects: a Daughter of the Niben, she was raised poor by the riverfront where the cruelties of life taught her how to deal cruelty in turn. Though she disguises it well when infiltrating promenades to assassinate dukes, she never truly shook off the rustic airs of a fisherman's daughter. As one of the Dark Brotherhood she has some skill in necromancy and poisoncraft, but she would never count herself as an adept of magic. She is rather good with the stabby-stabby.

4) Victor, a Redguard officer of the Imperial Legion. He had a career and a marriage ruined by scheming officers who pinned their corruption upon him instead. Disgraced for crimes he did not commit, he works to bring justice while moving through a world of criminals. The stick that's up his butt could choke a dragon.

5) Tihm gro-Nilap, war-shaman and spirit healer. Living in seclusion in the mountains, this wise hermit answered the Heroes' Call and came down to help save the world. And he discovered he had quite a knack for cracking skulls. Still has trouble fitting into civilization, skull-cracking notwithstanding.

Concerning the names: Max and Talma are named in honor of old Diablo characters I had, Cassie and Victor came out of Oblivion ("Victor, from the Blue Team...") while Tihm-- he's Tim the Enchanter from Monty Python and the Holy Grail: "gro-Nilap" as he came from the character played by Michael Palin.

Casandra: At the moment, the deadliest weapon at my disposal is a goblin's head on a stick. I'd be worried if this was the plan.

Last edited by Dark Spark on Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:07 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

Name: Tutkia, an Orc from the byways of Tamriel.
Weapon: !!Volendrung!!
Skills: Two handed heavy armored warrior, smith.
Theme of her days: Searching out the mines of Skyrim. These mountains feel more like home than the hills where she was deposited at birth! Maybe her years will be inscribed by circuits of Skyrim.
Current preoccupations: A supply of orchalcum, a new companion Bergakh - a treasure of great worth, one day an Orc to be smashed by single combat.
Explorations and quests: Mines of Skyrim, caves she passes, lairs of bandits who foolishly challenge her, quests to honor Malacath such as Asura's Star to provide still beating Daedra hearts.

Comment My first ever heavy armored character in any game, ever. I have had to raise the difficulty from my usual cautiously easy, to adept. She likes Bergakh at her side, so maybe I will need to raise it again.

Edit a disastrous, unnecessary encounter with ice wraiths, and she has lost her precious friend. From now on she will take only disposable humans.
Other characters
Lysa of Trava, Child of Skyrim, Dovahkiin.
Devoted alchemist, deadly sniper, courageous axemaiden.
Unfortunately I misread the books of the Apocrypha and hit a bug at the same time, so I've put her aside for the moment.

Bud of the Briars, Redguard, Companion.
Sword and axe, leads light footed from the front! Never skulked in his life.

Ariadna, Dumner, spawn of Morrowind ,seeking a Daedric Lord to drink her spilt soul.
A single dagger wrapt in shadow.
My bug crashed my PC when I was out of the main screen, so she can't endure the full span of waiting in the Nightmothers coffin. I'll get back to my lost one sometime.

Last edited by Mookie on Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:13 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: TES Anthology
My previous character, who became quite OP:

Name: Audravarnas (Storm Raven)
Race: Altmer
Class: Sorcerer
Skills: Destruction, Alteration, Restoration, Conjuration, Alchemy, Enchanting
Description: This was my first Requiem character and I'm glad I played a spellcaster, because the magic system in Requiem becomes extremely OP the moment you max out any one of the skills. At first she was a glass cannon, which was a mistake, so I later switched from unarmored to light armor. I knew the game had become too easy when I was able to cut down swarms of dragons in a matter of seconds, and nuke an entire fort of enemies with a single spell.
Backstory: She is a renegade mage and a spy working against the Thalmor, who have taken over her homeland and committed atrocities against their own people. To achieve this goal, she has become the Arch-Mage of Winterhold and mastered the deadliest spells from every school. Her family was disappeared in the middle of the night for speaking out against the Aldmeri Dominion, and she has lost close friends to their purge campaigns. Therefore she will stop at nothing to weaken their grip on Tamriel, including firebombing the Thalmor Embassy and blasting apart any Imperial soldiers who enforce their will.

My new character for my current game:

Name: Ra'Musari (Great Gladiator)
Race: Khajiit
Class: Brawler / Master Trader
Skills: Heavy Armor, One-Handed, Speech, Alteration
Description: Requiem makes a "punchcat" build somewhat more viable. While it doesn't have a separate unarmed skill, it does include additional perks that make unarmed attacks more powerful, and several spells like Transmute Muscles that let you deliver devastating blows. Since I'm just starting out, I've had to fall back on mounted combat, crossbows, and sword-and-shield style until I've developed the necessary skills. In the meantime, there isn't a brawl I can't win in a matter of seconds. I'm also using the Khajiit dialogue mod, which is pretty well written.
Backstory: On the surface she is a humble merchant, selling her homemade goods for profit. She is a real estate investor, a plantation owner, and a skilled craftsman. Get on her bad side though and she bares her claws. She prefers single combat, up close and personal, and has joined the Companions early on to develop her defensive skills. However, if necessary, she can trample over numerous enemies at once.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:32 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

Other Profiles: virtuxa (steam and deviantart)
Spoiler:

Some pictures of Corin and Company.

Name: Corin Darbon, although he likes to go by aliases when he feels it's needed. Alain Travert is a common one.
Race: Breton
Class: Battlemage is the closest, I'd wager
Occupation: Adventurer. No. Really. He has some titles by now, and due to a mod he is the new lord of Castle Gonduin, but that one is mostly run by the steward. Corin has spent too much time as a free man to properly settle any time soon.
Weapons: A one-handed sword, mostly. When facing dragons he sometimes uses a crossbow, though he limits it's use, as he really doesn't like archery.
Spells: Close wounds, Lightning bolt (though he's not much of a Destruction mage. He tries, that's what matters) and Bound Sword
Favored Skills: One-Handed, Restoration, Conjuration and Enchanting (though he limits the use of Black Soul Gems to Necromancers, as he considers that a fitting fate.)

Personality: Outside of combat, Corin's a pretty fun fellow. He has a quick wit and likes to meet to new people. He tends to be a bit more careful with people in whom he senses insecurity, but if he feels someone can handle it, he won't hesitate to tease them a bit. When someone has a stick up their arse it gets worse, as he likes to downright get provocative with people like that. Just to see if they'll lighten up, mostly.
He's not really interested in politics. It's not that he doesn't give a [&@%!] about people's fate, it's just that, with all the Bretony intrigue from the past, he is just so very [&@%!] done with politics and the likes. He prefers to just act on what he thinks is right. He'll help out wherever he can and is always willing to grab a pint in the nearest inn to make some new friends.
He has the tendency to be tempted by power. Wether or not he'll cave depends on the circumstances of course, but overall, he is likely to seek out things that can lend him more power.

In combat he prefers the warrior's approach. He hates archers that hide behind things or necromancers that use corpses as flesh shields. He's also not a big fan of Illusion mind-control. Fighting him one on one will get you the most respect. He also craves challenge. For him, fighting a dragon is the ultimate battle and nothing so far has been able to match the adrenaline kick that gives him.
In the same vein, he looks down upon torturers. The idea that some people get a kick out of harming somebody who is unable to defend themselves just disgusts him.

He has a sizeable ego and although he can certainly take a joke, deliberate insults don't go over so well and he is unable to be the bigger person and just ignore it. Now, to be fair, as a Breton, being the 'bigger' person is going to be difficult in general, unless you're opponent is a Bosmer, but starting a fight over being called a milkdrinker can be considered a bit 'too much'.
Offending his friends is also not a good idea. Especially Helene. Now, she can take care of herself, but that's beside the point.

Backstory: Corin was born into a very wealthy family back in High Rock. They were no royalty, but a mixture of clever tradesmanship and a fair amount of corruption from his father's side helped them build up both fortune and influence, at least around where they lived.
His mother was a true warrior and she could never really settle in the rich live. She taught Corin how to fight from a young age and hired a mage to teach him the ways of magic. Now, this man was no master of the arcane arts; he taught Corin the basics, but not much history. So, Corin knew very little about, say, the Daedric Princes, except for a few of them and his knowledge of history was overall not the best.
Things went South when the family got utterly ruined. An attack in the middle of the night killed most of their servants. His father fled right away, but his mother held her ground and fought. Corin, being one of the last ones alive, was forced to run as well, something that made him feel ashamed for years to come.
He was in his early twenties at this point. He first fled to Hammerfel. He joined up with a group of rogues. They mostly hunted, raided tombs and caves, fought with other bandits and lived like nomads.
Corin fit in remarkably well and he soon found himself genuinely enjoying the life. It helped him keep his mind off of the past as well. At first he had wanted nothing other than going back as soon as he could and get revenge, but the longer he lived with these men, a warrior in the wilds, the more distant the memories of High Rock became. After all; there wasn't much to go back to and he was rebuilding his life from scratch.
It was near the borders of Skyrim that things took another turn for the worse. A big clash with a large group of bandits got interrupted by a group of Imperial Soldiers. They were overwhelmed and taken prisoner. A fair number got away, but not Corin and he was taken to Helgen.
There, as we all know, the dragon attack prevented him and others from being killed. Ralof suggested a man like him would be useful to the Stormcloaks, but for one, Corin hardly knew the ins and outs of this civil far, secondly, he wanted nothing to do with politics and third... well, he was free man again and wanted to stay like that.

From there on out he traveled the land of Skyrim, discovering every aspect of it and living his life to the fullest. He joined the Dawnguard, but succumbed to Lord Harkon's offer. However, vampirism really backfired on him. He found out who exactly he was serving as a vampire, and Molag Bal wasn't one he'd gladly be associated with. On top of that, feeding on sleeping people made him feel downright disgusted with himself. He was no stalking predator. He was a warrior. So he sought out a cure and tried to kill the Volkihar clan, which failed miserably. He barely escaped with his life, but as far as the Dawnguard was concerned, he was still an enemy and he was on his own again.
Time passed and he made a lot of money through smithing and enchanting, as well as simply working on farms and helping people out when he agreed with their cause. He fought Draugr, [&@%!] off Thalmor and slayed Dragons.
At some point, in Whiterun, he was reunited with a woman he was close with back in High Rock, Helene Monatte. They then traveled together and started to grow very close.
He became the lord of a castle named Castle Gonduin and later even Archmage, all this still with Helene by his side. He left Winterhold under the care of Tolfdir, knowing the man would do better than he would and so that he could still roam the lands of Skyrim ever so freely.

(Also, an honorable mention goes out to Corin's other partner in crime. Horse. Horse is not to be underestimated and was there before Helene was. Horse just wants everybody to understand that. He was there first.)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:56 am 
Initiate
Initiate

Hi.
My Nightblade, nothing original, but its fun to talk about her.

The Nine or Eight, the Three, are faded stories before the truth of a volcano.
Ariada was born to be a tool, the tool she has chosen to be is a blade of the void, a blade seeking the void.

My RP focus is on the dagger in the dark and pouring all the damage I can into the weapon with skill, stealth and poison. The supporting skill to clear the decks to the Kill, and to live past the marks death, is illusion. If she choses to stand and fight when her cover is stripped, particularly for non living beings, she has a mace and the basic fire/lightening spells.

Playing on Adept which is about right for me to ensure that open combat is a dangerous option, whether fighting or fleeing.

Started with Lord Stone, and levelling health and stamina. My first squishy underpowered build and I had to unlearn hack and slash. Focused on stealth and one armed, then illusion and lately alchemy.
As it turns out illusion is outstripping her weapon skill, but that's all right, good things take time. With heavy use of calm, I'm getting her to stop and face more wildlife. The dagger remains the main star.
Switched to warrior stone, and magicka levelling. Light armour is quite high (sad face) h

Equipment
Brotherhood gear + the Nightweavers band for serious business, partly replaced by Saviours Hide and hunters boots + Namira's Ring for travelling and drifting. I like the close up look of the DB leathers, but they look wrong in the wilderness and when riding Shadowmere,
Thinking of digging up the Shrouded Hood since bow buffs are irrelevant to her, and maybe in the future the Shrouded Robes, if I can still find some in Falneath or the other place.

Mehrunes' dagger and Mace of Molag Bal

Skill path
Shadow Warrior (accomplished)
Armsman - Poisoner + Master of the Mind
Dragon shouts?

RP path
-Feed the void. Filled by the void. Listener accomplished.
-Honing the edge. Infiltrate the Companions to learn from their Dumner blademaster.
-Daedra Princes. A willing tool offered as service.
-Hidden powers. When the time comes, seek guidance from the Dumner witch in Winterhold.
-Return for a time to her kin in Solstein.
-Venture into the depths of Skyrim when she has gained powers against the unliving.
-Wake the dragons?
-Kill Vigilantes because. Kill hunters and bandits for food and beds. Kills don't have to be clean, just dead.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:33 am 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO
Platform: PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One
Other Profiles: Xbox 360/One gamertage: Passion4gam1ng
I'm gonna bump this thread too; posting my Morroblivion character because why not:

Spoiler:

Name: Larashan
Race: Redguard
Class: Adventurer; Main skills: Destruction, Alchemy, Blunt, Block, Mercantile, Restoration, Light Armor
Occupation: Full time Nerevar incarnate and part time Mages Guild Magician that has a special interest in potions and the magical arts. Odd, for a Redguard.
Backstory: Born and raised in Cyrodiil, in a small village on the border near Morrowind. Unbeknownst to her for a while, she is an orphan, adopted by an Imperial agent.
She lived under the rule of her father, a law abiding and civil Imperial who imposed strict rules yet truly loved his daughter. He was often out on his duties due to being an agent
for the Emporer, and he often left her to her own devices to explore the world around her and practice magic and alchemy, her favorite passions. One day she was sent to prison
because of allegations of her father's betrayal to the Emporer... she was then released and sent to Morrowind. The rest is history.
Fighting Style: Heavy use of Destruction magic and Blunt and Block. Her father taught her Blunt, Block, and Light Armor because those were his favorite fighting skills and
because he believed light armor to be more elegant and fitting for a lady.
Personality: Incredibly curious and hungry for knowledge, always adventuring to the most dangerous and darkest places, often nearly meeting her death several times only for her quick wits to pull her out. She is incredibly intelligent and willful for a Redguard, and her attributes are relatively balanced across the board. She believes in freedom and independence, and although she supports the Imperials in part due to her father, she does not fully agree with them encroaching upon the lands of the Dunmer. She can be quiet and modest pretty often.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:35 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Skyrim
Other Profiles: Reva
Name: Glysh River
Class: Swordsman
Main skills: One-handed, sneak, two-handed, archery, and block
Occupation: bounty hunter. Goes all of Tamriel looking for the most wanted bandits
History: Raised by a family that has expertise on swordplay, Glysh became an expert swordsman at an early age. When Glysh is 19 years old, his parents went on a quest with their clan mates but months later, he heard nothing from them. Eventually, a friend of his parent came and told him that his parents are dead after looking for the most wanted criminal in Skyrim. They got ambushed and outnumbered thus meeting their death and the regret of not being able to be seeing their son grow up.

Angered by this, he swore revenge. Glysh trained and trained until he was ready. First, he starts off low. Eliminating criminals one by one until he find the one who killed his parents.

Weapons: Ebony sword, Nightingale bow, Razor dagger, and Ebony arrows

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:15 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
I'm back to Skyrim after a long pause, and decided to make a new character for the occasion. She's meant to be a descendant of one of my Oblivion characters, who was my favourite. Thus, I modelled her looks as closely after the original as Skyrim's character creation engine allowed.

Spoiler:

Name: Inge Magpie
Main skills: Archery, Alteration, Alchemy, Enchanting

Backstory:

Spoiler:
Inge is the daughter of a Nordic family based in Chorrol. As a child, she enjoyed listening to stories about the founder of the family, Inge Blizzard-Magpie. She had been the famed Champion of Cyrodiil who helped Martin Septim during the oblivion crisis. Then, after giving birth to a son, she had mysteriously disappeared. Some said that the father of the son was Martin, but there was no way to prove it and Inge Blizzard-Magpie never claimed that. Thus, no claim to the throne was made for the child, but the story endured from generation to generation. As it stands, it is more probable the Champion's son was the result of some chance encounter.

Anyway, her youngest descendant in the eighth generation looked very much like her in appearance even at birth: Blonde, blue-eyed, lithe with a prominent nose (which was the most remarkable and enduring outward feature in the family). Thus she was named Inge, too. As a child she received only a meager education, since the family had lost most of their fortune already in the upheavals of the early 4th Era. Her father Karl Magpie was an alchemist of mediocre skill, who had fought in the Great War as a drafted auxiliary in the legions, and her mother Adalhild was a housewife. The family got by, but was not rich.

As a teenager Inge was apprenticed briefly both to an alchemist and an enchanter, but neither apprenticeship came to anything. The reason was her restlessness and tendency to switch interests fast (another feature she had apparently inherited from her foremother). She also learned some Alteration from an old hedge-wizard who had been Karl's brother-in-arms during the war. She had hunting small game as a hobby from the age 17 onwards.

At the age of 19, Karl took his oldest child Dieter as his partner in his business. This meant that the lion's share of the inheritance would go to Dieter, too. Inge was not happy about this. There was a big quarrel, which was eventually settled. Inge got a few thousand septims upfront, and agreed to forfeit her claim to the rest of Karl's property. As a gift, Karl gave Inge also the bow he had used in the war and which Inge had used much on her hunting trips.

A second blow came a few weeks later when her fiancé broke up with her, after learning about the inheritance deal. After this she left Chorrol to live on her own. She did odd jobs and hunting as a living, drifting from city to city. Eventually she came to Bruma. There she heard some travellers talking about a place in Skyrim called the College of Winterhold. Inge was intrigued, since she had already begun to think about finally developing her magical talents. Her lacking base education barred her from entering either of Cyrodiil's magical establishments, but it was said the College of Winterhold would accept practically anyone.

Inge thought about it for some days and decided to travel to Skyrim. She wanted to finally become something: a professional alchemist or enchanter maybe, or perhaps even a real alteration mage. Also, in Bruma she had developed a strong interest in Nord traditions and legends. A move to Skyrim would be the perfect opportunity to get acquainted with her ancestral roots.

So, she bought a cheap armor, packed her things and set off. After a rather arduous journey she arrived to Falkreath, where she rented a room in the Dead Man's Drink.

Personality, politics and religion:

Spoiler:
Like her foremother, Inge is restless and doesn't like to get stuck in one place for long. She has a tendency for light-hearted mischief, and often sticks her long nose where it doesn't belong. On the other hand, she has a knack to extricate herself from the troubles she has created. She is a rather open personality with a big heart, but can have serious bouts of anger if she's attacked or harmed.

Her father still secretly believes in Talos, but Inge herself isn't very decided on if she thinks Talos as a divine or not. Deeper theology doesn't interest her that much. To her it is enough if the gods help her in a hitch, not if there are eight or nine of them.

She dislikes the Thalmor, after hearing Karl's stories about their cruelty. She also supports the Empire, but has some sympathy towards the Stormcloak positions.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:44 pm 
Layman
Layman

My current character.

Name: Gravorce
Race: Argonian
Class: Thief/assassin
Skills: Sneak, archery, one handed, light armor, lockpick, pickpocket, alchemy.
Member of the thieves guild, will eventually join the dark brotherhood. May join Dawnguard too.
Has a habit of stealing anything that isn't nailed down but will also help people in need if he thinks they deserve it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:20 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Platform: XBox 360
So, made a new character for the Remastered edition.

Name: Sarah
Sex: Female
Class: Barbarian, Two Handed, Light Armor, Archery, Block

First character I've made in a long while. It's been a blast jumping back into Skyrim after a long absence. She teamed up with Faendal for a while, because he was giving her pointers in Archery. Couldn't stand him after a while, so she sent him home when Lydia showed up. Hopefully that's the last she'll see of him, unless some dark god demands a sacrifice or something. She's not too fond of the Stormcloaks as they almost got her executed for being in the general area they were. Just the same, when she slayed a dragon and gained the power to Shout, she had to go and talk to Ulfric about it, as he had the same power. Now she's on her way to see the Grey Beards.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:40 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO
Platform: PC, PS4/3, Xbone
Here's my new character for Special Edition:

Name: Katja
Sex: Female
Class: Assassin, Dual weilding daggers.

Playing on XBox One with Live Another Life, so she escaped from the abandoned prison and made her way to Whiterun. Trying to turn over a new leaf, she joined the Companions, but her experiences there will make her jaded and bitter, sending her to rejoin the thieves' guild and hook up with the dark brotherhood and the vampire lords. Then, learning that dragons threaten "her" humans, she will rise up to take her place as dragonborn.

Not sure what I'm going to do about the civil war. I'd prefer to go with the imperials, but I'm not sure if it fits her character. I'd like to see both sides, so I'll have to create a second character to do the other, no matter which side I pick.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:12 am 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim (DB, DG, HF), Online
Platform: PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One
Other Profiles: Xbox and PSN: billy7557
UPS decided to stop making me wait and now I get to enjoy the best of both worlds with Skyrim remastered-Xbone's gamerscore achievements and mods from the PC.
Name: Will
Sex: Male
Race: Khajiit
Class: Battlemage-Heavy Armor, Swords and Bows, Fire and Lightning, he uses a bit of sneakery too

This is my main character so I didn't give him a lore friendly name (usually use J'skar-Bruma, never forget), but I'll have some roleplaying characters with mods that I'll post here. He loves to use a lot of different tactics. His favorite is a sword and a good destruction spell (fire looks so pretty when its burning people) but he also regularly uses a bow. He aligns with the Imperials cause they accept him. He is friendly to people, but he's not afraid to crouch in a corner and put an arrow in someone's head. Oh, and he loves killing bandits.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:45 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Well, I got back to Skyrim after a long pause, and made a new character for the occasion. Here she is:

Name: Runalwen
Race: Altmer (half Nord)
Main skills: Destruction, Illusion, Alchemy, Enchanting

Portrait:

Spoiler:

Biography:

Spoiler:
Runalwen was born in 176 to a Nord father named Hagen and an Altmer mother named Eleniel, who both lived in a small town near Cheydinhal. Hagen's parents, originally immigrants from the Pale area of Skyrim, had starved to death while he and his older brother Gunther were fighting in the Great War, whereas Eleniel had grown up in an orphanage from an early age. They met, when Hagen founded a general store with some money he had acquired as war booty and his discharge stipend from the army. He needed to hire a salesperson and Eleniel happened to be out of a job just then, and got the position. They fell quickly in love, and Runalwen was born the next year. The marriage was fairly happy throughout.

She remained the only child of the couple. Her part-Nordic roots showed even at birth, as her skin was fair and rosy, her eyes blue and her hair flaming red. As she grew, her facial features also proved to be somewhat softer and fuller than is usual with the Altmer. With a hood that covers her ears, she could be regarded as a young Nord maiden at a quick glance. Otherwise she took to her mother looks-wise and she has the affinity for magic of her maternal race. Her name reflects this duality, too: Run- came from her paternal grandmother's name Runa and the rest from the name of Eleniel's mother Elealwen.

Her childhood and youth were happy and even pampered, even though her parents never were rich. She was taught to read, write and count and was given a large but random selection of cheap books, but otherwise got very little formal education. In consequence, she became rather lazy and excelled in nothing at particular. Her only serious hobby was music. Hagen and Eleniel didn't think much of it, since they intended her to take over the shop some day, and that didn't demand much in the way of education. From age 12 onwards she helped with running the shop two or three days a week.

That blissful period came eventually to an end. One night, when Runalwen was 18, she visited one of her friends and stayed for the night. Luckily for her, since a neglected candle in her home happened to light the house in fire. Both Hagen and Eleniel perished in the flames.

So the grieving Runalwen was the owner of a very modestly succesful shop. She didn't stay in the town for long, however; the memory of her parents' fate was too much. She sold the shop, and took to the road.

During the following years she traveled across Cyrodiil as a peddler and part-time bard. In her travels she met some interesting characters. Two of them were an alcoholic couple who had been mages before they took to drink. They taught Runalwen two Destruction spells and a little Illusion in exchange of some Cyrodiilic brandy. Also, she picked up a little Alchemy and Enchanting knowledge from various people she got acquainted with.

Finally, while in Anvil, she got a letter informing her that her uncle Gunther was dead. He had been unmarried and childless and in his will left his ”villa, lands, money and goods wholly and without restrictions” (as the text of the accompanying copy of the will read) to Runalwen. She was sad to hear this news, since she had always liked Gunther. He had moved to Skyrim in 186, but Runalwen remembered him well and had corresponded with him now and then after his move. He had also visited Cyrodiil a few times after that.

But Runalwen was a bit excited, too. She would become a landed lady! Hagen had always warned her that Gunther was a story-teller and exaggerator of the highest order, but that didn't daunt her any. Surely her uncle couldn't lie in his will, could he? A new, wealthy life was before her. And if she didn't like the place, she could always sell it and move back. Even the civil war seemed a small obstacle in her excitement.

So she booked a ticket in the next ship to Skyrim, the cost of which was rather steep. Her plan was to disembark in Solitude, then slip quietly on foot into the Stormcloak-controlled Pale where her new house was situated. Everything went fine, until a great storm broke out near Solitude. It swept the ship irresistibly eastwards. Finally the uncontrollable vessel struck an iceberg and keeled over. Runalwen hit her head and passed out. When she woke up, the good news for her was that the storm had abated. The bad news: She was still in the hold of the capsized ship, kept alive only by an air pocket that was shrinking.

She managed to swim out of the wreck, grabbing her lute and some other stuff as she went. When she clambered onto an ice raft, she saw that Dawnstar was at sight, but all other survivors (if any) had already left with the boats. So, there was nothing else to do but swim.

(Oh, and her uncle's villa? Turned out it was a ”bit” less grand than Runalwen's expectations, but that's a story for the What you did today- thread...)

Personality and other miscellanea:

Spoiler:
She is rather greedy, but doesn't stoop to crime. She has a rather sharp mouth at times, but is generally friendly enough. Even though tricky and a bit shady sometimes in her dealings, she isn't evil properly, and so recoils from things that smack too much of darkness. Her curiosity leads to sticky situations, from which she often gets out only by a hair's breadth. She has a great love for reading, and plays her lute often. In general, she's quite easy-going.

She regards Talos as a god, but isn't fanatic about it. Killing people over such a thing is repugnant to her. Consequently, she much dislikes the Thalmor. Also, they most probably would return the sentiment due to her half-human blood, of which she is aware.

[The half-Nord idea for this char was born, when I finally got the right mods to make even Altmer good-looking but not laughably super-gorgeous. I realized that one of them allowed extensive tinkering with the skin colour, and turned out an Altmer with a human colouration is a rather interesting look.]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1005 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next