UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sat Oct 05, 2024 10:29 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 126  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 'What You Did in Skyrim Today' Thread
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:37 am 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PS3
UESPoints: 0
Happened a few days ago but I feel it is worth posting.

I was assaulting Windhelm with the Legion. It went normally until I heard a roar from above. Suddenly a dragon drops out of the sky and lands in the middle of the main square as the battle was raging.

Normally the battle for Windhelm is not all that exciting but this time it was a chaotic battle for survival. One moment I was fighting the dragon, then a stormcloak, and then back to the dragon. I finally managed to get it down on the steps between Candlehearth and the Palace of Kings.

A very exciting end to the Civil War if you ask me!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:59 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, Morrowind
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 7
Well, congratulations Alarra! You did it! :)

Ahh...Skyrim. How I love you. I played Felina for a bit today, where she traveled from the Rift to Hjaalmarch all alone on Shadowmere's back. It didn't seem like it was that far although she had to stop and camp a couple times because she was tired and cold. She stopped off to clear a couple caves and fight some bears on the road. She was also simultaneously attacked by two ancient dragons...that was not fun. With only Shadowmere and her summons, she slowly chipped away at their health but it was a tough battle. Only Dohvakiin could have made it through such a mess!

But Onmund and the children on her mind, a homesick Felina finally reached Windstad Manor right on sunset, 12th of Sun's Dawn. After nearly a month of drunken brawls at taverns, staggering skooma filled nights, and plenty of decapitated bodies left in her wake, little assassin will be resting at home for some time. Considering she's flat broke right now I'm not so sure how long her break will last, but I suppose she and Onmund can make some money from their hatchery and weapons/armor she will be smithing and enchanting. I really enjoy playing her in this way. I love that she can go and kick some butt, yet at the end of her time spent away from home she can relish in her family. The only thing is she's almost out of the skooma, so she's going to have to figure out how to get more before she gets sick, ie her stamina is completely lost and she walks around like a zombie.

Think I will play her for a bit longer and then finally get Sylmirie out of Apocrypha.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:00 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim Legendary, ESO, Legends
Platform: PC, PS3
Other Profiles: Steam: Captain Mauin, ESO: @Mauin and @Merorzen, Legends: Mauin
UESPoints: 1
Well, so far this morning I dragged Vulom to level 81.
Sheesh.
Took three more dungeon dives to finish Destruction (Silverdrift Lair, Ironbind Barrow, and Forsaken Cave), and then I raided all the homes and shops in Solitude and Windhelm to get my Lockpicking to 100.

20 something trespasses, three murders, and a few hundred stolen items later and I've finished leveling.
So now I've just got to finish the remaining exploration and dungeon diving, then tackle those side quests that I've gathered.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:16 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ran through Goldenglow with my shiny new thief on a contract for the Guild. Apparently, my pyrotechnics were a bit much and I received a fairly solid talking-to when I returned to the Guild. Whatever. I didn't die during the job and that's a plus in my book. I'm liking the Guild and it is already feeling like home.

Now I'm off to see a man about some mead in Whiterun. These people sure are picky about their swill. As long as there is some coin and excitement in it for me, Dark Elf to the rescue!

Now, do I run to Whiterun or catch the carriage outside of Riften? I rode from Whiterun to Riften, but I was only level 1. Now I'm a big ole level 4 so I may take the footpath and see what there is to be seen and fondle whatever may fit in me pockets.

Embrace your inner kleptomaniac!

I'm also going to see if I can impress Jenassa with the size of my dagger while I'm in Whiterun. All this carrying on at such an early level, she may be of some use. Besides, we're both dark elves. We'll go together like peas and carrots!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:49 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: oblivion, skyrim
Platform: PS3
Other Profiles: PSN: adorable--chef, Pinkiepie_902, catfood_nom nom
Went through the vamp side of dawnguard, & started a fancy new vamp hunter type character for the dawnguard side of dawnguard lol. Loving the crossbows :) & noticing how Serana is alot more mobile almost jittery during dialog.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:02 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games: Battlespire, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO, Legends
Brought my final skills to 100, did a bit of dungeon exploring, and then got my last letter from Ralis. Killed Ahzidal and spared Ralis' life.

Oh, I also did the Destruction Ritual spell tonight too. That was irritating; took me forever to find the first clue and I was too stubborn to use the wiki.

Twitch channel: Offline

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:25 am 
Lord of the Shivering Isles

ES Games: Oblivion:GOTY, Skyrim:Legendary edition
Platform: PS3.
UESPoints: 12
Runa managed to survive Helgen, despite nearly knocking herself out due to her messing up the jump from the tower to the shack. She did however get a massive headache. She choose to go with Hadvar as she didn't want to get hunted down by the legion. During Alduin's attack, she was frightend and horrified. Her home was quickly getting destroyed. After she made her way through the caves, she travelled with Hadvar to Riverwood and was offered shelter by Alvor. She declined as she didn't want to be a burden thus slept in the Sleeping Giant thanks to the gold she "borrowed" from the keep at Helgen.

The following day, she popped into the Riverwood trader and saw Lucan arguing with his sister. She asked if he sold spells as well as finding out that he had been robbed. Runa travelled to Bleak Fall Barrows and recovered the claw as well as discovered an ancient wall. The wall started to sing to her very soul and something strange happened. Intrigued, she got closer to the wall to inspect the strange markings on it. The wall gave out a burst of energy and instead of harming her, she felt it go into her. It was neither painful nor pleasant.

Afterwards, she exited the ruin via the hidden exit and slowly climbed down. She slipped and fell on her back.

I think she will end up discovering she is dovahkiin today or tomorrow. Will then stop the main quest and do whatever quests the game throws at me, excluding the guild ones but will make an exception for the bard's guild as you don't become a member, just a glorifed errand boy/girl that just happens to be capable of sinking an entire fleet of ships with their voice.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:20 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

ES Games: Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim
Other Profiles: perylousdemon (Steam)
Fae spent the majority of yesterday working on her smithing and enchanting skills. She is so very glad that those are finished. Afterwards, decked out in her shiny new dragonscale armor, she headed off to
Spoiler:
kill the real Emperor, but not before having a surprisingly pleasant chat with him. She then returned to Whiterun and killed Amaund Motierre after she learned the location of the dead drop.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:26 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

^^Oh, why would she do that? He made the survival of the DB possible.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:31 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

Dohvakiin2012 wrote:

Because of her chat with the Emperor. She felt rather bad for killing him after that, but she obviously couldn't back out. So she did the next best thing: carried out his dying wish.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:21 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I always kill Motierre anyway. He's got shiny stuff on him...Jewels. Diamonds and emeralds and rubies. Those can always be sold for a profit.

Anyway, I finished exploration and dungeon diving with Vulom.
I'm now starting to focus on the Daedric and side quests that I've picked up in my travels. Working on Discerning the Transmundane (figured I'd better pay old Hermaeus Mora a visit) and am currently stuck in the middle of Blackreach. I would've finished that portion of the quest, but it's getting too late for playing games and I'm not really feeling up to playing right now. So I guess I'll get around to finishing that tomorrow, assuming I feel any better.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:31 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
The Archmonkey retrieves the Helm of Winterhold, rings in the new year, and finally donates all that blood he's been collecting:

26th of Evening Star, 4E 201 - J'zargo's Notes
27th of Evening Star, 4E 201 - Tyrion's Journal
27th of Evening Star, 4E 201 - J'zargo's Notes
28th of Evening Star, 4E 201 - Tyrion's Journal
28th of Evening Star, 4E 201 - Calder's Log
29th of Evening Star, 4E 201 - Tyrion's Journal
30th of Evening Star, 4E 201 - Calder's Log
31st of Evening Star, 4E 201 - Tyrion's Journal
1st of Morning Star, 4E 202 - Tyrion's Journal
2nd of Morning Star, 4E 202 - Calder's Log
3rd of Morning Star, 4E 202 - Tyrion's Journal
4th of Morning Star, 4E 202 - Calder's Log
5th of Morning Star, 4E 202 - Tyrion's Journal
6th of Morning Star, 4E 202 - Tyrion's Journal
Level 41 Inventory

I've reached something of a plateau with Tyrion. He's become a Master Enchanter and an Expert in all other schools of magic. In becoming Thane of Winterhold, he has taken an important step towards repairing the relationship between Town and Gown. He now goes out of his way to hunt mammoths for their souls.

There's still some things to look forward to with Tyrion. He'd like to become a Master Conjurer, he hasn't done a thing with the Atronach Forge, there are still dozens of warlocks and necromancers running around giving the College bad name, and of course J'zargo is still gunning for the position of Archmage.

But I think it's finally time to bring Fram, my Nord smith, out of semi-retirement and see what this Solstheim place is all about...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:54 am 
Guardian
Guardian

Fae finally decided to hop a ship to Solstheim after being attacked by a second group of cultists (which she easily dispatched, of course). So far, she's cleared out Bloodskal Barrow, made her first trip into Apocrypha, took care of some ash spawn for a certain Dunmer priest, grudgingly gave up 1000 gold to fund Ralis Sedarys' dig at Kolbjorn Barrow, and now she's in the process of clearing out Fort Frostmoth. Since maxing out her smithing and enchanting, she's become stupidly overpowered. I'll honestly be surprised if it takes her more than two shots to put General Falx Carius down for good...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:41 pm 

Runa made her way back to Riverwood, having retrieved the Golden Claw for Lucan. Instead of heading back to the Riverwood trader, she went straight to the sleeping Giant and went to the room that she had still rented. She feel asleep within seconds. The following day, she returned the claw to Lucan and was given 400 Gold for her troubles. "You are too kind, thank you" She replied. She sold most of the things that she had recovered from her trip and bought a few spells.

She made her way to the captial of Whiterun Hold and to Jarl Balgruuf. She had been to Whiterun several times but this was the first time on her own. Half an hour later, she was inside of Dragonreach and spoke to the Jarl about Helgen. The Jarl asked her to follow him and she obeyed. She was introduced to Farangar, the court wizard, who asked her to retrieve a tablet from Bleak Falls Barrow. "Do you mean this old thing?" She said, whilst rummaging through her enchanted rutsack. "Yes" Replied Farnagar. A few seconds later, the Jarl's personal housecarl called for Farnagar and told Runa that she will need to come as well. It turned out that a dragon was attacking the West Tower.

The Jarl sent her and Irleth to deal with the dragon. They approached the west tower. The West Tower, a slowly crumbling tower that had now been engulfed in flames and several guards had met their death. "By Talos" She thought when she looked at the site. Following Ireleth's order. She looked for survivors. The Dunmer managed to find some whilst Runa was looking around.

"TALOS, IT'S A DRAGON" Shouted one of the guards. They prepared for battle. Runa cast Oakflesh on herself and felt her skin become stronger. She struck the dragon with the shock and flame spell as it fly by. She refused to let fear overwhelm her and would not let Whiterun suffer the same fate as Helgen. The dragon landed and engaged the nearest guards. The guards managed to get a few strikes in before being getting roasted. Runa, kept firing Shock and Flame spells at the beast. Halfway through the battle, she heard a voice inside of her head. She could only make out one word, Sovngarde. Was the Dragon talking to her? Her magicka was very low and she felt a bit tired. "No, i must keep this up" She though as she tried to sprayed the dragon with another round of shock and flame. This proved to be enough for it to land for more then a few seconds. The Dunmer got close to it and engaged it with her sword. This gave Runa, enough time to conjur up what little magicka she had left and use it against the dragon. She barely managed to cast shock and flames. It dealt the dragon a fatal blow. "DOVAHKIIN!?,NOOOOO!" the dragon yelled but apparently, only she heard the dragon's scream of terror as it died.

But as soon as the dragon died, it didn't just die. It's corpse started to burn. "Get back everyone" yelled the dunmer, Runa tried but failed to get away in time. Fortunally, she had started to absorb the dragon's soul. It felt strange to her. It was an unusual sensation. She felt something unlock in her. The remaining guards told her what she just did and asked her to shout. "But i don't know how!" She exclaimed. "The dragonborn is said to be uniquely gifted in the use of the Thu'um without any training, have you tried shouting"

Runa looked at the skeleton of the dragon and prepared to shout. She suddenly knew the a word to a shout. Did the Dragon give her that knowledge? She wondered? "FUS" she shouted, which caused a blast of energy to erupt from her mouth and sent the skeleton flying back a few paces.

She made her way back to Whiterun, when the ground started to shake. DOVAHKIIN, the voice yell. Causing her to stumble around. "What was that?" she thought to herself. She made her way to the bannered mare for supper and decided to celebrate her new found power by having two bottles of Alto Wine with her supper. This caused her to become drunk. 2 hours later, she made exited the tavern whilst trying not to fall over. She noticed two battleborns speaking to a greymane listened to their converstation. She slowly made her way to dragonsreach whilst almost falling over as well as getting lost several times.

Eventaully, she had made her way up the stairs when she noticed the pool of water on the right hand side. "That looks ssoo inviting" she thought to herself and because it was midnight, she decided that no-one would notice her taking a small dip into it. Instead of just walking into it, she decided that she would jump off the stairs into it. "I don't want to get my robes and footwraps wet" she said and took off her footwraps, as she did, she stumbled and fell. SPLASH! She had landed straight into it and felt a bit of a sharp pain in her upper thigh. "Ow" She groaned. She made her way to the steps that lead into the pool and climbed out, she retrieved the footwraps and put her now, wet robes onto the dry steps. She spent the next hour relaxing in the cold but surprisingly relaxing pool. She made her way to the steps and sat on the step. Her eyes started to feel heavy and the next thing she knew, she had fallen asleep.

10 hours later, she awoke. "Argh, my head" She groaned when she woke up. "Why am i in my unmentionables?" She wondered. "OW!" She shouted, when she felt the sharp pain in her upper thigh. She saw the cut and healed it. Putting on her robes and footwraps. She made her way to Jarl Balguurf and hoped that no-one saw her do what she did the night before, if she could remeber it. She was rewarded for helping to bring down the dragon and was offically, made a Thane of Whiterun Hold. As well as the Jarl calling her Dragonborn. Because she was a thane, she was given the Axe of Whiterun and her own housecarl. A female nord called Lydia. She had breakfast at the Banned, Mare.

What will Runa the Dragonborn get up to next? Will she discover that the Jarl is actually the Rabbit of Caerbannorg? Will she recover from her hangover? Stay tuned. Same Dovah Time, on the same Dovah channel.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:27 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I ran all the way to Whiterun from Riften, sold the loot and hides I collected on the way and STILL didn't have enough money to entice Jenassa to be seen with me. Women!

Helped with bringing the Honningbrew Meadery under control and am now contemplating visiting Bleak Falls Barrow for Farengar. Or perhaps I'll run back to Riften to close this contract and see about some additional work.

Decisions, decisions!

I (like, the real me "I") will be getting DB this weekend if my manchild doesn't move out. I'm very excited to give that a try. But if he moves, I'll be running the roads and it is difficult to game while doing that. Cops can be so picky about paying attention while on the road.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:25 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox, 360
I found out that insects don't have to behave just like alchemical harvesting sources, similar to plants. Instead of being confined to "Take/Harvest", you can smite the little buggers with weapons. Literally killing bugs with a hammer.

Since finding this gameplay mechanic, I've been expending a lot of arrows taking down Torchbugs and the like. I have no idea if shooting insects improves the Archery skill, but it might be something to keep in mind when developing a low-level character.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:27 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim (DG, HF, DB)
Platform: Xbox 360
Other Profiles: XBL: ZackyZombify
I like standing on them and letting them fly me around.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:48 pm 

Because i'm watching something and hate using the laptop at the same time, i'll will just post the non canon version of Runa's adventures. Well, starting from the last save point.

Spoiler:
She sighed and went back into the ruin. She felt a strange thirst overcome her. Reaching for her flask, she drank untill there was no more water left. This failed to supress the thirst. She sat down at the Word Wall and leaned back. She close her eyes and fell asleep. She awoke seven hours later, in a cold sweat. "What's w-wrong with me!?" she exclaimed. She got up and procceed to make her way out of the ruin via the entrance. She barely made it past the chamber where she encountered the vampire before she collapsed. Several hours later, she woke up and felt the hard cold stone. "Urgh!, w-what happened?" she muttered. Determined to not die, she dragged herself off her feet and forced herself to keep going. "You are Dragonborn, Runa, surely Akatosh doesn't intend for you to die here" She told herself as she stumbled along. She leaned against the wall to recover her breath. And felt the thirst. "What is this thirst?!" She screamed. An hour later, she emerged from the ruin. Hungry and weak, she got her map out and noticed that Falkreath was the nearest settlement. She climbed down the steps. "Water, i need water" She groaned to herself. She started to walk towards falkreath but in her state, her sense of direction was greatly reduced and she got lost.

Two hours later, she noticed a river. She ran towards it and jumped down the embankment. She scooped up an entire handful of water and poured it into her mouth. Which was promptly spat out. "Eurgh,i can't drink this" She followed the river downstream which has slowly turned into a stream and she came accross a pool of fresh water. And noticed a tent. "Hello?" She said. "HELLO" She yelled. No-one responded and she came to the conclusion that it was abandoned. Without thinking, she plurged her entire head into the pool of water and drank as much as she could untill she could no longer physical drink more. This failed to statifsy the thirst. She retreated to tent but she noticed a sack, She opened it and to her delight, 5 fresh red apples. She devoured them.

One straight after the other and felt a bit better. She went to sleep. The following morning, she woke up, feeling better. "I wonder what happened to me 2 days ago?" she wondered aloud. She went to refill her flask when she discovered something truly awful. Staring back at her was a vampire, not just any vampire. A vampire with the same face as her. She had became a vampire. "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" She screamed "i-it can't be!" Tears started to roll down her cheeks. She refused to be a creature of the night. She withdraw her dagger. "I, i don't want to die nor do i want to be that thing" She cried. She inhaled and plunged the dagger into her chest. She felt nothing but pain and fell forward into the pool of water. If the dagger didn't kill her, the water would. She perished a few seconds later. From her self inflicted wound and drowning. But as she saw the last few seconds of light fade, her recently deceased lover made an appearance. Melyria?, i'm coming she thought aloud. Thus Runa, the Dragonborn and Akatosh's weapon against Alduin, died.

I may have tweaked a few details to make the story better. She actually got killed by two Spriggans. I'm unsure if i will have her become a vampire or have her reach a healer in time. I didn't set out to go through Brittleshin pass. Did so and keeping true to Runa's personailty, had her wonder into the ruin oppsite South Brittleshin pass. At the moment, she is resting against the Word Wall. I think. And is trying to quench the blood thirst with water. She doesn't know what the transformation to vampirism is but i'm going to roleplay that it has a bigger effect on the infected. Such as collapsing, feeling very tired and barely able to walk etc.. May say that due to the master vampire giving her the disease, it is a stronger version.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:44 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Thelastdovah wrote:
She doesn't know what the transformation to vampirism is but i'm going to roleplay that it has a bigger effect on the infected. Such as collapsing, feeling very tired and barely able to walk etc.. May say that due to the master vampire giving her the disease, it is a stronger version.

I once had a dream (don't ask why I would dream about becoming a vampire... I really don't know) that it went more like an illness. Started as something similar to a common cold, but over the course of three days, gradually became something worse until it resulted in my death. And then, after an unknown amount of time passed, I woke from death as a vampire.

The little story you had in the spoiler there was neat and made me think of what my Vampire characters would have thought of the transformation. My mind immediately went to Vulom. I can see the first time being horribly confusing and frightening for her. She probably would have known what was happening, but thanks to what I see the disease/transformation itself as, I doubt she would have had the strength to get help or heal herself. That confusion and fear would have continued in her first days/weeks as a Vampire. I know she was unable to control the thirst and it drove her insane; after that, it wouldn't have bothered her anymore. She likely would have welcomed the thirst at that point.

The second time Vulom became a Vampire, I think she definitely would have been cheering it on... Assuming she got it from another Vampire. If it was from Harkon, well, then it certainly would have welcomed it. Harkon's method would have been faster, and likely her preferred method... Though I doubt Harkon's... Embrace... Would have been enjoyable. That may have annoyed her.

Hm. Of course, now I'm wondering what the transition back to mortality would be like for a Vampire. The game makes almost nothing of it, but I doubt it would have been an easy thing to do or experience. Maybe I'll give it some thought when I can focus myself a bit more.

Uh... Topic. Right.
Vulom came out of Blackreach earlier, and that's kinda where I stopped. Shuffled Kagrenac's Instant Fortress to an area just outside Riften, made some potions (Vulom wants more gold), and then stopped because I really wasn't feeling like playing any games.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:27 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
Other Profiles: Xbox: SargentLipton35
Dohvakiin2012 wrote:

Compare him from the first time you meet him to after you kill him. He isn't the only that can afford a fake version of himself....

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:46 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Felina didn't kill him because he prayed to the Night Mother...you know the drill. ;)

Topic: Lieth sent Talvas back to Solstheim...she was getting too attached. But it seems he had his own plans since now he's taken up residence at Honeyside. Lieth released him at the stables so he'd have a ride back to Windhelm to catch the ferry but when she went inside her house, there was Talvas having dinner with her children.

He's been there for days: cooking, cleaning, having ales with Vilkas and Iona. Lieth is a bit mystified, especially since Vilkas doesn't seem to mind the Dunmer's presence. Its hard for her since she has a bit of a crush on Talvas. Now what? :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:45 am 

That was the non-canon version of Runa's adventures. Here is the canon version.

Spoiler:
Runa spent an hour at the bannered mare. Her hangover seemed to be fading. So she decided to take a look around Whiterun. She paid a visit to the nearest temple and encounter Donnica, who told her about the Gildergreen. Runa, was intrigued by this and agreed to retrieve the Nettlebane. She also agreed to help the Graymanes. The following day, she prepared to leave Whiterun. Instead of traveling west, her curiousity got the best of her and she traveled east, towards the fort in the distance.

She discovered it was full of bandits and decided that she will not explore it. So she went north and encountered BrittleShin Pass "I'd better put my hood on" She thought to herself out loud. Little did she know that it was home to a Nercomancer. She managed to defend herself and emerged as the victor. She emerged and saw the lake. She noticed a bright light. "Ooo, i wonder what that is?" She said to herself. "Could it be Nirnroot?" Runa had only heard of Nirnroot during her tutoring and it's legendary powers it is said to possess. "Damn, there are no boats" "Guess, i'll have to swim accross" She put one foot into the shallow water. "Doesn't seem to be that cold." A pack of wolves pounced on her without warning and she killed the lot of them with the flame spell. She caught one in mid air thus causing it to do a backflip. The other went flying past her. Afterwards, she returned to focusing on how to cross the lake.

"Hmm, i suppose i have enough time to get back to Whiterun before nightfall" So she took off her robes and footwraps and put them into her enchanted rucksack. She walked into the lake until her entire body was submerged and started swimming towards the Nirnroot. She got out her dagger and use it to remove the nirnroot from the soil. Within seconds, she was the proud owner of a nirn root. She noticed something in the distance. And her curiosity got the better off her. She started swimming towards the shore and a few minutes later, she was back on land. She got out the red clothes that she had bought and just as she was about to put them on, two bandits attacked. Having no choice but to fight them in her underwear, she unleashed a barrage of flames. “ARGH, IT BURNS!” One of them yelled before succumbing to the flames. “You’ll pay for that” Growled the remaining bandit. Runa unleashed a barrage of shock on him. With the two bandits dead, she returned to getting dressed. She walked towards what she had seen from the Nirnroot resting place. It was a Nordic ruin. She noticed something inscribed on the enterance. Shriekwind bastion. Without hesitation, she entered the ruin. She bumped into a vampire feldging who she quickly dispatched. As the vampire turned to dust, she exclaimed “What the Oblivion was that?!” Noticing a pair of boots, nearby, she decided to put them on and to her delight, they were comfortable. She continued to explore. A few hours later, after defending herself against the skeletons that inhabited the ruin. She encountered a hallway. She pulled the mechinaism and a trap was activated. With her stomach growling and her curiosity growing, she careful navigated her way through the streams of flames and entered the now open gate. Pulling the chain, she disabled the trap.
A master vampire attacked her and the two fought. Everytime Runa managed to wound the undead man, he absorbed some of her health.

Runa had managed to defeat the Vampire master after a long and tiring battle. "Talos, that was a tough one" She said whilst recovering her breath. She had no idea that the vampire had given her it’s “gift”. She ventured into the ruin and felt her stomach growl. She went through her enchantered rucksack and only found a rare chicken breast. "DAMMIT" She yelled in frustration. "Curse my curiosity!" Despite this minor setback, she procceed to venture deeper into the ruin. She entered what seemed to be a tomb. A row of carved dragon statues was the first thing she saw. They led to a tomb and an ancient Wall of Power. The tomb broke open. Whatever was in it didn't like Runa being in it's resting place.

It slowly sat up and climbed out. "AAH! She screamed as she was taken by surprise. The restless Draugr drew it's axe and went to strike her. They fought. Runa managed to overcome the undead monster with her magic. "Please be the last unexpected surprise in this ruin" She said. She approached the wall of power. Only one word remained but it was chanting to her very soul "HU HU HU" It chanted. She felt her vision dim a bit and the word getting brighter. As she got closer, she absorbed it and felt it echo inside her. She had discovered the

She had discovered one word of the Elemental Fury. Eager to test out the shout. She tried to shout the new found word but nothing happened. She tried again 4 more times before giving up. She noticed the stairs and climbed up them and found an exit. She found herself on a ledge, which gave her a nice view of Falkreath hold, if she was able to see it due to the night burying it in darkness. She sighed and went back into the ruin. She felt a strange thirst and she got out her flask. In one go, she downed the rest of it. This had no impact on the thirst. “W-what’s wrong with me? “ she said in a terrified voice. She sat down against the word wall and feel asleep. A female nord looked at her, blood dripping from it’s mouth. “You mortals make such good snacks” She said. It got closer to Runa and grabbed her by her throat. Runa looked down at the person and before she could make out who it was, she woke up. Screaming in horror as she woke up, she noticed that her entire body was drenched in cold sweat. Standing up, she felt very light headed and almost passed out. She walked to the entrance of the Word Wall chamber before she passed out. 6 hours later and she woke up. Groaning, she picked up herself up and went to drink from her flask. It was empty. “Th..there is a lake nearby, i think i can drink from that” she said aloud in a weak voice. A few hours later, she was at the entrance hall and she passed out again. 14 hours later. She once again woke up. Her mouth was very dry and she felt worse then death. She was shaking and her entire body was still drenched in cold sweat. “Am, am i going to die?” she thought to herself. She passed out. It had been a day since the battle with the vampire and her body was undergoing the transformation. If she didn’t cure herself soon, she would become a creature of the night.

I was thinking of having her reach the lake and after she has drank untill she can't drink anymore, pass out in the shallow shore thus slowly drowning as the original ending but she has already died once so i won't have her suffer that. Decided that she will barely reach the temple in time and just as she passes out, she manages to recieve the shrine's blessing. If she becomes vampire, Runa will think about killing herself to save a few lives but decides against it due to her being dragonborn and she is needed to defend Skyrim against the dragons.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:01 am 
Guardian
Guardian

Spoiler:
Fae finished clearing out Fort Frostmoth; Falx was dead before he knew what was going on. Afterwards, she returned to Raven Rock for some much needed rest...only to awaken to find herself hammering away at the Tree Stone. Since she was already at Miraak's temple, she decided to check it out, especially since she now had this annoying Skaal woman following her around everywhere and making being sneaky completely impossible. So she took this opportunity to work on her swordsmanship. It pretty much went like this. Only thing she had any trouble with was the draugr death overlord towards the end. After she was done in Miraak's temple, she followed the annoying Skaal woman (Frea, not that Fae cared enough to call her that) back to her village to listen to another annoying Skaal talk about...something. Fae wasn't really paying attention by that point. Then she headed off to explore the island some more.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:02 am 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim (DG, HF, DB)
Platform: Xbox 360
Other Profiles: XBL: ZackyZombify
Found out that doing ill met and getting both the ring and hide no longer works for the achievement.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:00 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

The only thing I did today was wander around and pick flowers. Murdered a few people on the side.
I'm technically wandering around Skyrim looking for a Thalmor patrol I can slaughter for their blood. Why is it that they're always there when I don't want them to be, and yet, when I want to find them, I haven't run into any of them?

Spoiler:
Of course, on a sort of not really related note, somebody decided to post comments on the profiles of Hunts-With-Fury and From-Blackest-Reaches demanding for screenshots of their stats. Seriously? Demanding for screenshots of characters that have been deleted for ages? That is exactly what [&@%!] me off about Elder Stats. The guy clearly is the one who gave both of my most legitimate characters illegitimate votes because I apparently didn't provide screenshots of their stats. Since when was that mandatory? I told the guy to [&@%!] off in the nicest way I could given the circumstances. Closed the commenting on the three deleted characters to prevent more of those fools from demanding screenshots.

Wait... There's a ranting thread, right? Excuse me. I really need to rant about this.

Edit:
I finally found that Thalmor Patrol.
Now, if I felt like gaming, I would take the blood samples back to Septimus.

I also sent a request to Elder Stats to ask if they could delete my account. I've had enough with that place and I'm not going back.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 126  Next