UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2024 4:23 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1005 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 41  Next
 Post subject: Re: Your Skyrim Character(s)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:17 am 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360
UESPoints: 0
Adding some dramatics to the "background" of my in-game choices for the lulz.

Spoiler:
*Intro/Dragon attack* He narrowly escaped with Ralof and was quickly informed of an on-going civil. He definitely considered joining these Stormcloaks given what just happened but had to reclaim his judgement before making a hasty decision. He entered a city by the name of Riverwood and spent some time recollecting himself. As he set off, he was asked some important favors, he agreed but he didn't lose sight of his primary reason for visiting Skyri,. He knew he had to become familiar with the land and its people in order to survive, and that's where his real adventure started.

He did numerous favors for citizens, explored many ruins, fought multiple dragon priests, earned some good coin, and vastly improved his skills in the arcane in the very short time he arrived in Skyrim. He quickly informed his sisters of his new experiences and was received with great excitement, and occasional disbelief. After all, Cyrodiil didn't have dragon problems. They too couldn't wait to tell him of their progress in the Arcane University: Valeria was distinguishing herself in the school of Illusion with Laureen in Alteration. His stay in Skyrim was greatly eased knowing his sisters were doing fine but things soon took an unexpected, and unwanted, turn. One day he woke up next to a mysterious letter claiming to have knowledge of the true circumstances behind the destruction of the Stygian Order, his parents' cult.

Wanting answers and angered by having to discuss that part of his life, he set out for the location. Entering the liar, he was quickly met by a small group of vampires. As he readied for battle, they swiftly told him they were not there to fight but to help him continue the work of his parents, a statement he didn't understand. He was handed a letter written by his father. For validation, the letter ended with a phrase their mother said to him and his sisters while growing up: Look into darkness and you will see a mirror. You will discover your true self because it's all you can identify when all else is unseen. As the hours of conversation passed, he learned his parents weren't just lone vampires leading a small cult but powerful vampires connected to a small number of covens scattered throughout Cyrodiil, High Rock, and Skyrim but the most important information were the killers of his parents, the Vigil of Stendarr and their presence in Skyrim. His want for vengeance was short lived because he learned the Vigil of Stendarr were destroyed by vampires in retaliation for the slaying of key vampires, which include his mother and father. Asking why the Vigil of Stendarr launched vicious attacks on specific vampires, he was told the targeted vampires were made aware of a plan to forever change Tamriel that would make the world safe for vampires, safe for their children thought his mother and father, a thought demonstrated to be fatal.

Exactly how they came about the plan isn't known and what wasn't answered was how the Vigil learned about them. He remembered the Vigil telling the authorities in the Imperial City that they were called to "investigate" reports of strange occurrences and their need to keep the details discreet. D'Sah thought nothing of their presence at the time because as far as he knew, his parents did their rituals in their home basement. Nearing the end of their discussion, he was told to keep an eye out for recruiters working for a group of vampire hunters called the Dawnguard and that they would lead him to the beginning of his "new life". Sort of relieved, he left for his home in Whiterun, rested for a few days, and sought to "join" the Dawnguard. Ordered to investigate a cave, his "new life" began. There he came across this alluring, mysterious woman named Serana and joined the vampires.

He soon learned of a plan to blot out the Sun and how it would lead the vampire to rule Tamriel. Then it hit him. That was the plan his parents were involved in and that was the reason for their deaths but his need to follow the path of his parents was met with reluctance after having many discussions with Serana, noticing Harkon's callous treatment of her, and learning why Serana was sealed away in the first place. Regardless, they spent weeks together roaming Skyrim in search of an Elder Scroll and Auriel's Bow. It was during those weeks he realized their best interests weren't in mind. Returning to the castle with the bow, they made the decision to kill Harkon for their safety and the safety of other vampires. Angered by their "defiance", Harkon launched a brutish attack and was at this moment D'Sah's skills were to be truly tested for the first time. An elder scion of the night versus a young, fiery elemental mage and formidable necromancer.

Staring down the wall of the risen filth, he and Serana unleashed their assault. Lightening strike after strike, Harkon's minions fell. D'Sah quickly went after Harkon when he got the chance, trading magical blow for blow. Underestimating the young mage, Harkon became overwhelmed and retreated to the shadows for protection and rose more undead. Struck in the back by a gargoyle and falling from the ledge, D'Sah lost possession of Auriel's Bow and injured his arm. Serana was holding her own against the undead until Harkon took advantage of her focus on them and struck her across the room. She fought back but Harkon proved too much for her. He lifted her from the ground and began squeezing the life out of her to replenish his as she cried out in agony. D'Sah's inexperience started to set in as he saw himself casting a ward to block the swarming attacks of the undead, a swarm so large the light from his ward was swallowed by their essence. Remembering the words of his mother and hearing Serana's loudest scream, a huge explosion from beneath the swarm sent them flying into pieces, freeing Serana and Auriel's Bow from Harkon's grip and causing a thunderous roar loud enough to be heard from the cathedral down to the feeding dungeon. He charged a thunderbolt powerful enough to blast a hole in Harkon but it wasn't enough to end him. In a desperate attempt to protect himself, Harkon cast a reddish ward that blocked further attacks. Serana tossed Auriel's Bow and D'Sah shot an arrow to break the ward. Harkon was too weak to cast magic so he charged towards D'Sah. Drawing the bow once more, he struck Harkon in the head. A swirl of negative energy circled Harkon and he ended in an explosion knocking both Serana and D'Sah down. In the midst of the bloody red mist, they embraced each others' presence knowing they not only saved vampires from all out war with the mortals but the lives of many mortals as well. Too exhausted to heal his injuries, he passed out. Waking up in a bed near fresh potions, he was greeted by his new, powerful ally.

Despite this victory, he was left with many unanswered questions about his parents. Some of them being how his parents learned about the plot to begin with, why his parents offered him, Valeria, and Laureen the gift of vampirism in the first place, how long their parents were vampires, and even went as far as questioning whether or not their [the children] conceptions were wholly natural but he had a lot of time to get answers and much more exploring to do.....and a college to join, something he hasn't forgotten about.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
Other Profiles: Xbox: SargentLipton35
Sublymonal wrote:
DikaSmausha wrote:
Someone played Dishonored.

I'm not very clever with the names. I just pick something that somewhat resembles some aspect of my character. In this case I picked corvo because he does half magic half sword-play

I normally have a basis for my characters as well.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:58 pm 
Layman
Layman

Platform: PC
Name: Abigael Krumme

Race: Nord

Sex: Female

Primary skills: 1-hand, Heavy Armor, Stealth until about level 50, then I switched from heavy to light armor. I carry a bow, but primarily use it for 'pulling'

Current Level: 79

Abigael is a Thalmor hating, spell-shunning, silent killer werewolf. Operates as a loner, only accepting companions when it is unavoidable. Leads the companions and the thieves. Outright murder isn't her style at all, and as a result, the Dark Brotherhood has been annihilated. Casually wiping out pockets of bandits whose only error was being in my way is perfectly ok, however. She will drop whatever she is doing if she sees Thalmor and provoke them into attacking her. She sides with with the Stormcloaks, but hasn't liberated Skyrim yet, nor has she defeated Alduin, now that I think about it. I was trying to go the entire game without ever casting a spell, but a single casting of flames was required to open Saarthal to progress far enough in that quest line to get the Barenziah stone from the Arch-mage's quarters.

This is my third main character, and the most fun. I've deliberately not made her gear give her immunity to everything. I have no magic resistance aside from the nord resist frost, nor any form of poison resistance. She, like all my characters, is a crafter with 100 in all 3 craft skills. My previous two characters were a Dunmer archer and an Altmer Destruction mage.

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
- R. Frost

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:40 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
I have four characters to date.

1. Konrad the Huntsman

A Nord male in his late twenties. As his name suggests, I intended him to be a scout-type character. Main skills sneak, one-handed, block, light armor, archery. I did the Thieves Guild with him, and got shocked when he had to sell his soul to Nocturnal during it. From that I got a new roleplay idea and ditched my previous plans with him. After the whole Nightingale business, he was distraught and desperate now that he knew Sovngarde was out of the question. So, when he learned of the Dark Brotherhood, he was like "why not? I can't lose anything more". So, I completed the DB with him and then let the save be. That's because I can't really justify completing the Main Quest with such an honourless murderer.

2. Didrich the Hunter

Another Nord male, in his early thirties. Red hair, big cheek scar and a trucker moustache. Skills the same as above, since I wanted to try the same build, but with a good guy. Also, I had him take up Smithing. Born and raised in the Cyrodiil-side slopes of the Jeralls, Didrich has from his birth learned many of the traditions of the Nords, but was not fully aware of the Dragonborn-thing beyond the Emperors having been such long ago. He finds no shame dispatching unaware foes with sneaky arrows, but holds open combat the most honorable course, especially with foes worthier than bandits and similar rabble. In practice, with him I tended to open battles with a few sneak arrows until discovered, then barging in with a sword and a shield.

Didrich hates the Thalmor, both as a Nord raised to revere Talos and as an Imperial citizen. However, the latter doesn't prevent him seeing the Stormcloak side of things, too. Consequently, he remained neutral in the Civil war. That was made only easier by the fact that he became the Harbinger of Companions and wanted to uphold the the tradition of neutrality of the faction. He didn't kill Paarthurnax, considering such an action to be a dishonorable backstabbing of a friend.

Oh, and he has difficulties deciding between marrying either Temba Wide-Arm or Jenassa. That's because he shares not only race but also the bitter hatred of bears with Temba (those a-holes really get on my nerves), but on the other hand he has fought many battles with Jenassa at his side and has grown to love her, too. I think I leave this drama unresolved.

This character was actually the perfect Dovahkiin for me. For some reason the main quest, especially Sovngarde, felt hugely epic with a hairy, scarred Nord running around in a chain hauberk (from a mod) and swinging a Viking sword. The atmosphere was just right, and after I saw the dragons circling the Throat of the World celebrating Alduin's demise, I truly felt like a hero. In fact, I saved before I reached High Hrothgar and started a new character, because it felt like everything of importance had been accomplished. There wasn't really any point continuing.

Well, that was that. I'll post the other two chars when I have time.

EDIT: 3. Reynard Duroy

Breton courtier, fleeing some court intrigue from Daggerfall. Arch-Mage of Winterhold. I made him as a Destruction/Illusion mage with One-handed and Light Armor. Fun at first, but I spread his skills too thin and ended up with insufficient defense combined with only okay offense. As the game and especially dragon fights became insanely hard around level 20, I abandoned the character for the time being.

4. Armand Rochet

Breton male, in his thirties. Archery, One-handed (war axes), Block, Light Armor. Looks like he's always mildly [&@%!] off. But then again, he might well be, seeing the backstory I cooked up for him: He was a man-at-arms in the retinue for a noble from Camlorn. There was a party-strife between those who sought to resist the Thalmor in whatever way they could without openly provoking them, and those who wanted to appease the Thalmor. Armand's master belonged to the former party. In 194, the anti-Thalmor party gained the upper hand and arrested one of the pro-Thalmor leaders for trumped-up treason charges. Armand belonged to the squad that arrested the noble and led him to be executed.

Then the tables turned again and the pro-Thalmor gained power. Armand's master was killed, as were everyone connected with the pro-Thalmor noble's execution; even the simple soldiers who had participated were hunted down for setting an example. Armad barely escaped to Cyrodiil, where he hid the next few years. In 200 he managed to buy himself a pardon from his enemies on the condition he would never return to High Rock and would leave Cyrodiil, too, so that he couldn't be used by the remnants of the anti-Thalmors hiding there. So, options being either Hammerfell or Skyrim, he chose the latter because he didn't want to leave the Empire. Just as he was crossing the border, he walked into the Imperial ambush.

Personality-wise, he has a huge chip on his shoulder, which is why he often chooses the most dickish/surly dialogue options. Of course, he particularly despises the Thalmor. He is quite a mercenary, making a septim by whatever means he can short of outright murder and theft.

I intend him to join the Legion, as he sees a strong, united Empire the only way to resist the Aldmeri Dominion in the long run (and his only chance to ever return home). In religious matters he is somewhat indifferent. Talos he sees as a Divine but isn't fanatical about it, his main peeve with the ban being that it is a humiliation to the Empire.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:51 am 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim, TESO
Platform: Xbox 360, PS4
I am still fairly new to TES – only played a little bit of Oblivion and just got Skyrim a few weeks ago. I wanted to role-play as the son of Count Dracula and forged this backstory. I know it doesn’t really mesh with TES lore but it was the only way I could think of to blend my character’s storyline with that of Skyrim’s and still have it make sense. Feel free to let me know what you think.

Name: Vlad Dracul IV
Race: Redguard
Level: 22
Preferred equipment: Heavy armor with sword and shield.

Vlad Dracul IV is the son of Vlad the Impaler, more commonly known as “Dracula,” and was born around the time Dracula was coming into power – before he became a vampire.

Dracula had an insatiable thirst for power and a few years into his rule forged a pact with a vampire who turned him into the feared supernatural creature. For years Dracula conquered land after land in the north until his empire bordered Skyrim, posing a threat to the Imperial Empire that had already begun quelling some dissention by the Stormcloaks.

Dracula knew his ruthless methods for acquiring power had garnered him many enemies – foreign and domestic, human and vampire. For that reason he kept his relation to Vlad IV hidden from public knowledge.

The Imperial-Wallachian War lasted just short of one year as the Imperial army with its seemingly limitless resources, combined with internal strife in the motherland, doomed Dracula’s empire.

On the night before Dracula was to be captured and executed, he summoned his son to his castle to provide him with these instructions:

“My son, the Imperials will soon crush our empire. I feared this day would come, that's why I couldn't let the public know you are my son. Allow yourself to be captured for you cannot die on this day. I have foreseen that you are destined to become a great vampire warrior and restore our family’s empire but until that time comes DO NOT reveal your bloodline. We are a hated family and it is in your best interest to remain a human until the time is right. Train in the arts of war, study politics, and prepare for your destiny. At an unknown date you will contract Porphyric Hemophilia. Do not cure it, instead allow yourself to turn. After your transformation reveal yourself to be Vlad Dracul IV and reclaim our empire.”

The next day Vlad IV watched Imperials impale his father through the corner of his eye as he was led away in shackles to Helgen…

I am playing this character as a sort of “coming of age” for Vlad IV. He is neither inherently good nor evil. Instead Vlad IV lusts for power and is as likely to murder a NPC as he is to save him if the outcome is beneficial. After the events at Helgen, Vlad IV joined the Stormcloak cause for a chance to exact revenge on the Imperials and the opportunity to restore the Wallachian Empire.

Vlad IV is currently still human. While I intend on becoming a vampire and playing Dawnguard, for now I am content with just exploring the world and killing anything that gets in my way.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:45 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind, Daggerfall, Arena
Platform: PC, Xbox, Xbox360
Name: Thjaalor Elder-Shield the Mountain
Race: Half Nord (Mothers side, she is Aiialga of the Elder-Shield clan, first of the shield bearers) Half Redguard (Fathers side, he is Tul al'Kar, legendary warrior-priest)
Class/playstyle: Tanky, Sword/mace Shield (The use of a shield is necessary for all in his clan)
Perks/Skills: Block, Heavy Armor, One handed. Every Perk in each
Stones/Signs: Lord sign, steed or atronach also with the crown

Back Story: The Elder-Shields and the al'Kar's were family for generations. Marrying and having children cross family, the surnames were often synonymous. The Shield-toting and Gods-fearing Elder-Shields (so called for they were the only clan in the 500 companions to specialize in shields and the exclusive use in heavy armor) first met the defensive oriented, Gods-Praising al'Kar's as they first came into Hammerfell as the Ra Gada in the First Era. When they came upon the borders of Skyrim, the first people they met were a group of Elder-Shields. They both were ambushed by the Orcs that were being driven away, and through that legendary First Battle, they found how much they were compatible and alike. They met the Elder-Shields in their hall north of Windhelm after the battle and were welcomed, from there the two houses were as one.
The Elder-Shields married and had children with the al'Kars, and vice versa, as well to as the Nord members marrying suitable, non-house affiliated Redguards and Redguard members marrying non-clan affiliated Nords to expand the Bi-fold houses into a massive house of Guardian-Priests, or Paladins. But unfortunately, when the war struck in the beginning of the Fourth Era, so many of the men and women of the clan went off to war. All the men and women of the al'Kar half went off to push the elves out of Hammerfell, no word has been received, they're presumed dead, and all the men and women of the Elder-Shield side went off to fight the elves at the southern borders of Skyrim, they're brash and again, no word has been received, so they're presumed dead. All that is left is the very small main line that has mothers hailing from the Elder-Shields, and fathers from the al'Kar's (so they're racially Nord, but their Redguard/Nord ancestry are both equally apparent). These are under the clan name of Elder-Shield (because the al'Kar's as Ra Gada had little opportunity/time to set up any major foothold in Hammerfell, so the main house is the Elder-Shields and in Skyrim) and the last three were Aiialga, Shield-Matron of the Elder-Shield's, Tul, Priest-King of the al'Kar's and lastly their only son, Thjaalor Elder-Shield the Mountain (who gained the name in childhood due to him surviving a mammoth trampling without a scratch, along with other defensive feats. This was/is legendary, even among the Elder-Shields/al'Kar's who have been breed for natural defense) of the al'Kar/Elder-Shields, the whole House was happily to ascend Thjaalor to next Pirest-King after his father, until they started leaving for the war, relegating the house in to a empty Grand Hall for three from a filled one for the entirety of the al'Kar/Elder-Shields.
One day when Thjaalor was in his early twenties and coming of age, Tul, his father left to gain treasure from a dwarven ruin (equivalent to a normal redguard going to the market for groceries) to sell off as haul and assist the numerically falling house, this ruin was different though, in that he heard tale of a great city, not nearly as large as Blackreach, but much more treasure-filled, and dangerous. After long from whence he left, he never came back, and the mother, Aiialga, started to worry. Thjaalor decided to leave one day to check around the area of the alleged ruin (Which was on the southern edge of Skyrim, bordering Cyrodill, he also thought of checking for any of his Nord or half Nord/Redguard brothers who were said to have went here) for signs of his father, giving his mother a hug and a lengthy prayer session to Talos and all the traditional Redguard and Nord Gods before he went, afterwards he left he left, and set south..
He ventured around the border in search of the ruin, unknowingly venturing into Cyrodiil and venturing back north through a road, which just so happen to be an ambush set up by the Imperial Legion. He is captured along with fellow Stormcloaks (he wasn't with them, he left independently but the al'Kar/Elder-Shields were a known Stormcloak affiliated clan), freed by Alduin at the brink of death, this is where Thjaalor Elder-Shield the Mountain, half Nord, half Redguard, soon to be clan leader and likely last member of the al'Kar/Elder-Shield clan's story begins.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:43 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY & Skyrim
Platform: xbox 360
Here's my works in progress.

Hidden:
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:39 am 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Oblivion GOTY, SI, KotN, SKYRIM
Platform: PC, PS3
Name: Theo Paphitis III
Race: Imperial
Class: Theif/Assassin
Playing style: Bow/Dagger

Pretty generic, but a HELL of a lot of fun.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:40 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Morrowind,oblivion,Skyrim
Name: Vaskadion Immortai
Race: Dark Elf(vampire)
Weapons: duel scimitar (ElderFang&ElderClaw)
Guilds/allies: Dark Brotherhood,theives guild
Story: a Dark elf who wants revenge on the companions for hunting down his clan,
Sign: Unknown but possesses Spell asorbtion from atronach sign

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:08 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Morrowind,oblivion,Skyrim
Name: Sanguine III
race:Half orc, Half Dumner(vampire)
Weapons:Duel Scimitar (BloodedCrown,Dagons Tooth)
armour: Vampire King robes, Black Centurion Armour, VampireGod ring)
allies: all Vampire kind,House telvanni,Indoril,6th house,Daedric princes,Dark brotherhood
Enemies: Nine Divines,The companions,Thalmor (often known to Send their skulls back to the Aldmeri Dominion with a few suprises)
Story; Royal Guard to Tiber Septim until be Kidnapped by Daedra Worshipers and sent to Dagons shrine in skyrim, he escaped however killing all the worshippers at which point dagons aspect appeared and challenged sanguine to a duel which lasted fourty day until sanguine ripped out dagons tooth which sent the aspect to oblivion with no where to go he feasted on the worshippers , Pleased by this molag bal,namira,boethiah bestowed Daedric Vampirism on sanguine,so sanguine went to red mountain and left the blood ring as a symbol of affliteration. sanguine then used the 6th jhouse to send him towards the void so he could Challenge sithis 1 era later he returned a different being. his Dark Skin covered in the crimson blood of sithis.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:18 pm 
Associate
Associate

1. (my first character)
Name: Robert
Race: Imperial
Class: Thief, sneaky assassin, archer
Weapon of choice: Stalhrim Dagger in one hand, a spell on the other (usually healing, ward, or soul trap), and a Stalhrim Bow.
Armour of choice: Stalhrim light armor.
He as born in Cyrodiil and after he heard the news of the civil war in Skyrim, he traveled north to Skyrim to defend the Empire against the Stormcloaks, but in the way, he was attacked by a large group of bandits and left for dead, and later he was captured among the forces of Stormcloaks by Imperial forces.

Name: Zenona
Race: Altmer
Class: Pure mage
Weapon of choice: Magic
Armour of choice: Archmages Robes
She is a Thalmor spy, in fact, she's so undercover, even the Thalmor forces of Skyrim don't know her true identity. She came to Skyrim to reek havoc through this land and spread her evilness as much as possible. She's a vampire.
Name: Bjorn Skull-Crusher
Class: Warrior
Weapon of choice: Stalhrim Warhammer, Stalhrim Bow
Armour of choice: Stalhrim Heavy Armour
He as born in Whiterun in 4E167. His family moved to Cyrodiil to fight the elves in the Great war. They died there, and after living in Cyrodiil for over 30 years, he decided to come to Skyrim to see his homeland for the first time. He was mistakenly captured by the Imperial forces as an Stormcloak while crossing the border to Skyrim, though he still supports the Empire. He hates Daedra, Vampires, and all things evil in nature. He worships Talos and hopes that one day, he can avenge his family's murder by the Thalmor in great war.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:39 am 
Novice
Novice

This build is what I'm aiming for with my character, but it's still probably hundreds of hours away from coming to fruition.

Name: Ulga gra-Gorod
Race and sex: Female Orc
Skills: Investment in all schools of magic, plus sneak and alchemy as well as enchanting
Role: Arch-Mage Werewolf
End-game equipment (enchanting my equipment whilst a Necromage vampire): Archmage's Robes, Humble Crown (Copper and Onyx Circlet, Illusion + Restoration)/Ahzidal/Zakriisos/Dukaan, Ring of the Erudite/Ahzidal's Ring of Arcana/Ring of Hircine/Ring of Bloodlust, Magister's Tread (Dunmer Shoes hence chest enchantments, Alteration + Conjuration), Searing Knowledge (Golden Necklace, Destruction + Magicka), Beguiling Fingertips (Thalmor Gloves - I would go for something else but I hate clipping issues, Magicka + Sneak).
Questlines: All, siding with the Stormcloaks and Volkihar Vampires, I've never actually completed the main quest so the jury's still out on whether I'll go with the Blades or Greybeards
Favoured Daedra: Mehrunes Dagon
Magicka/Health/Stamina: All health
Difficulty: Legendary
Standing Stone: Lord Stone
Blessings: Any I can get my hands on
Shouts: Mainly Slow Time and Dragon Aspect

Role-playing tips: Ulga is cold and phlegmatic, almost unfeeling - quite far from your average orc. She loves studying cause and effect, seeing almost anyone and everything in the world as something to be experimented on whilst observing the results in a clinical manner from the shadows; this being the main reason for siding with the Stormcloaks as she wants to see the outcome of what such an upheaval would be, as well as her reason from becoming first a vampire and then a werewolf (applying the principles she follows to herself) and primarily worshiping Mehrunes Dagon. She has an element of duality about her character; though she tries to suppress her blood-thirsty orcish side and disdains the use of weaponry (even bound weapons) sometimes she'll be unable to contain it, transforming into a werewolf and brutally ripping people apart. She hopes to sidestep her obligation to Nocturnal by becoming a vampire again in old age - she essentially wants to study others and live forever.

Game-play tips: Quiet Casting in conjunction with the Silence perk means that you can stay hidden indefinitely, so usually I drop some summons, a frenzy spell and then use destruction magic to kill most opponents - using equilibrium when the need arises to restore magicka from the superior health stat. The character has enough magicka with the equipment to cast any spell, allowing for great versatility or trying spells you wouldn't do normally if you get bored with the previous strategy. For the ultimate werewolf form, dual cast a cloak spell, ebony flesh and some summons (thralls won't work) as well as Berserker Rage with Dragon Aspect and go crazy - Silence and Quiet Casting allow you to howl and run silently to get the drop on enemies. The build has enough magicka to dual cast any cloak, two of any summon and ebony flesh without using potions - I guess you could reduce spell cost to zero for one school but I prefer not to.

Here's the nitty-gritty of the build: http://skyrimcalculator.com/321681

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:14 am 
Associate
Associate

Deshanti - Archer/Mage hybrid (Arch-Mage?!?)

I really dont reoleplay, Deshanti is just the only character I ever played and finished the whole game with (including all 3 dlc's)

Major Skills:
archery, heavy armor, destruction

Minor skills:
sneaking, smithing, conjuration and alleration

How to play:
Up front in your face aecher with dual wielding flames when enemies get to close ewith a fire trap underneath me.

Always pot on my magic armor and a atronach to start battle...no raising the dead (i guess that is a little role-playing..)

Why I like it?

Absolute beast mode from start to finish with heavy armor conjuration and destruction.. Smithing just makes your armorthat much better...Bring Lydia along, deck her out, and take her with you if you lonely!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:07 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Other Profiles: Algalon310, Cromsonbrood
Hi all. Here are my two current ones.

Jorunn Greycloak

play style: Warrior

Just your basic merc who despises politics and the people the nords of Skyrim have become. He is in Skyrim primarily because of a debt he had to some "unsavory" types. They asked him to find and bring a woman to the border of Skyrim and Cyrodiil and the debt would be erased. That is how his in-game adventure began.

Ysara Ashton

Race: Breton
play style: Nightblade/spellsword hybrid

She was once a noblewoman in Wayrest in High Rock. after a rebellion left her entire family gone, except for her, she vowed revenge on everyone who was involved in starting the rebellion, namely an Altmer she was sure was working for the Thalmor. The Altmer was in Cyrodiil then in Skyrim, and Ysara was caught. Though she prefers avoiding direct confrontation, if backed into a corner she will fight to the death quite well.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:07 pm 
Warder
Warder

UESPoints: 1

My main character for my first Legendary playthrough of Skyrim on PC! :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:57 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I like him, besides the weird eyebrows.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:11 am 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion & Skyrim
I just finally finished all the possible guild quests with my 3 characters, thought I'd as well post them here as I did for OB and MW forums. Here they are:

Ostathar: Male Altmer mage character, he is the youngest son of my Morrowind and Oblivion Altmers. He came to Skyrim with the purpose of perfecting his magical skills away from his over-protective family (they rarely practice with him seriously). He maxed out all magic skills plus Alchemy and one handed (his father is a spellsword). He is the Archmage of CoW and he helped Imperial Legion win the CW (his father also joined IL in Morrowind). He married Brelyna Maryon and the pair has journeyed together for many adventures. He's got a very curious and inquisitive nature, that's why Brelyna enticed him after transforming him into other beings in her little experiment. He wears the Arch-mage's Robe and other self-enchanted equipment in battle. He also made many enchanted jewelry for his wife as tokens of affection.

Patti Star-Eye: Female Nord warrior character, much of her background is vague and she herself doesn't remember much of it. Some wizards in her travels indicated she might have been subject to magical experiments in the past that leaves traces of enchantment in her skeleton. That's also why her eyes have an unusual glow like the stars. She maxed out all warrior skills as well as enchanting and restoration. She wears self enchanted Daedric amor and Dragonbone weapons. She's the Harbinger of Companions and married Vilkas after curing themselves both of lycanthropy. She's also joined the Stormcloaks as she suspects the Thalmor to be the ones that have experimented on her.

Horuth Fyr: Dunmer stealthy character, he's also got 1/4 Nordic blood from his grandfather.Supposedly the descendant of a powerful Telvanni wizard, Horuth doesn't have a good grasp nor a good training of magic. Instead, his grandmother mostly trained him in the ways of stealth to keep him out of danger. He has maxed out all stealth skills as well as Archery and Smithing. He made his fortune from those skills. He later joined both Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild as he really enjoys the thrill. Eventually he married Borgakh the Steel Heart because he admired her strength in combat, and she admired his ability at the forge and with a bow. It was a happy marriage despite their many differences.

Note: All three are members of the Bard College, Ostathar plays flute, Patti plays lute and Horuth plays drum.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:16 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Oblivion (SI), Skyrim
Heey these are my main:

The Hunter
race: Khajit
expertise: stealth
lvl: 32

Real stealh character, who loves to Hunt for gold of human prey. But lalety typing to pick up some merchantile skills from the caravans of this homeland.favored weapon Ebony bow what enchandment should he use?? favored armor Nightingale armor with Kroisis Mask

Hirr
race: Bosmer
class: battle archer, No sniper just head-on in battle
lvl: 37 (lvl 100 archery with all perks)

typical woodelf/ hunter roams skyrim not really binding to a faction/organisation. loves to hunt for the Mammoth and their Giant herders.
Dragonscale armour favored weapon Glass bow with 20 frost damage.

Could you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can? - Sun Tzu

Hidden:
ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:08 pm 
Lord of the Shivering Isles
Lord of the Shivering Isles

ES Games: Oblivion:GOTY, Skyrim:Legendary edition
Platform: PS3.
UESPoints: 12
Name:Gharel Dragonsbreath.
Age:75 But looks like he is just 30 due to the Altmer's long lifespans.
Class/Build:Arcane Warrior
Major Skills:All the magic skills, Alchemy,one handed, block,light armour
Minor Skills:Lockpicking, speech,smithing
Background: viewtopic.php?p=1139150#p1139150 Mainly because i cba to write one here.
Guilds:Companions and COW. Companions to train him in melee, COW for magic.
Civil war:Maybe
Is he Dovahkiin:Oui.
Other:May have him become Thane of every hold in Skyrim. Will use a bound sword and shield and switch between spells. Will join Dawnguard. I didn't put it in Guilds as techincally, it's not a guild, it's a faction and is DLC related. Probably will build a house. Am breaking the one guild per character rule that i have but the role of harbinger doesn't really involve being at the guild that often.
Endgame setup:Hopefully, Dragonscale armour with a dragonbone shield, mastery of all of the schools of magic and enchantments for stamina as i'm going to focus on health/magicka. Most likely a 8:2 ratio as magicka is the main focus. Will call the enchanted Dragonscale, Armour of the Dovahkiin. Will be interesting to see how he plays out. And yes, I'm going to see what Legendary is as i have the legendary edition.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:53 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind
Platform: PS3, PC
Other Profiles: PSN: predator6x13
So I made some more

Gildii

class: Archer
race: Bosmer
expertise: Stealth, Archery

Gildii has a don't give a [&@%!] attitude, which is something that shouldn't be mentioned around her, lest you'd like an elven arrow through your throat. She hails from Valenwood, and is a secret double agent. Hatred against the Thalmor has driven her to Skyrim to assist in their take down. However, she has enlisted in the ranks in the Thalmor herself, essentially making it hard to get help from anybody. She is a Nightingale, and has recently discovered she is the Listener, to her delight. Everything is going according to plan. Soon, the Thalmor and Empire will pay their debts to Tamriel.

Joldi

class: Huntsman
race: Nord
expertise: Archery, Scout

Joldi has been to Elsweyr, Valenwood, Cyrodiil, and Hammerfell. She is only about 26 years of age, having left Skyrim when she was 15. She was taught some stealth skills, mainly sneaking, from the Khajiit of Elsweyr. She then journeyed to the forests of Valenwood, where the Bosmer there taught her some pretty good Archery skills. Heading north, she passed through Cyrodiil, where she picked up the skills of Block, Alchemy, and Smithing from some locals. As she was staying over in Hammerfell for a couple years, since the game was good, both animal and men (if you know what I mean), she received a letter from Thane Dengeir informing of her parents' death at the hands of Thalmor agents. She left Hammerfell for Skyrim.

I'll try to get pictures of these two characters, since I'm really liking how they turned out. The reason why Joldi's story is odd is because I needed an excuse for why a Nord looks like a Redguard.

Last edited by Ebony Dragon on Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:26 pm 
Warder
Warder

UESPoints: 1
DikaSmausha wrote:

Um.... What? What's weird about them? :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:59 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Other Profiles: Algalon310, Cromsonbrood
Gave up on my old Characters (except the Nord barbarian/warrior), so:

Name: Beatrice Hawkford
Race: Breton-Redguard hybrid (mother was a Breton, father a Redguard)
Occupation: Crusader in the service of Stendarr; Disillusioned Vigilant

Beatrice grew up in Cyrodiil. When she came of age she joined Vigilants of Stendarr, as her mother was a priest of the divines. She ended up meeting a female Dunmer in the order. They became close, and ended up caught one evening. Neither were punished, but the tension that remained led Beatrice to leave the order. Though she was disillusioned with the order, she held true to what it represents, and it's goals. She shortly after left Cyrodiil to find a place in the lands of the nords...

Last edited by LordAshton on Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:01 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Linkuya wrote:
DikaSmausha wrote:

Um.... What? What's weird about them? :shock:

Just don't like them.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:46 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Arena, Skyrim
Other Profiles: steam: rcgni2003
Name:Zsakhi [said like jaa-ki]
Race:Redguard
Class: Necromancer
Expertise: Conjuration, Onehanded
Factions: I'm still deciding this, but Thieves Guild to some degree for sure. She has her own set of morals and it's usually a good idea for mages to get involved with the College, so I'm thinking Dark Brotherhood, the Dawnguard, and the College as well.
I'm still developing her backstory but so far she's living the life of a warrior complete with inn stays, cheap mead and meat, tavern brawls and killing things only to bring them back to life to kill them again to make them achieve double death.
Image:
Hidden:

t̉ͫ̇o̼͕͍o̖̜̙͓̭͐́ͥ̈́ͅ ̭̠ͬmͥ̆u̗͍͔̪̓ͩͯ̊c͈͚̥̞̯͈ͬ̌h̥͚̄ͤ̂ͭ̐ͦ ̭͇ͥͣͦs̗͖̪̲̳̾͑u̫̣̯͚͓͍̝̐̍g̖̣̅̋a̞̲̥̦͎̳̣̾̈́r͔̘̩ ̊ͯͣr̪͊̂ͬȯ̙̃ͤ͌͆̈̊ͅt͇͖̍̈s̟̩̩͓̻̜͛̽ͣ͒͛ͪ̚ ͍̖͓̝͚̗ͦ̑́ͫ̄̌̄ͅt͖͚̮̒̉̂̒ͨh̐̀ͥͬẹ̙̰̹̤̀ͩ̍ͦ̾ͧ͊ ̊͐s̟̹̼ͯ̀̀͌̌ͯ̚ͅo̭̻̥̜̲͙̻͋̓̂u̥̩̥l͖̟̝͎̓̽͛

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:41 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

ES Games: Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim
Other Profiles: perylousdemon (Steam)
Figured I might as well finally make a post here... Forgive the crappy background. I made it up on the spot.

Name: Andari Selvayn
Race: Dunmer
Class: Spellsword
Current Level: 27
Major Skills: Destruction, Alteration, One-Handed, Light Armor, Smithing, Enchanting
Minor Skills: Restoration, Alchemy, Speech
Factions: Companions (Harbinger), College of Winterhold (Arch-Mage)
Civil War: Neutral
Background: Andari was born and raised in Windhelm. After her mother was killed one evening while returning home from work on one of the outlying farms, her father fell to drinking; it was up to 15-year-old Andari to keep herself and her father fed, so she took her mother's place at the farm. This went on for nearly ten years before her father foolishly tried to confront the man he was convinced was responsible for his wife's death, and he got himself killed as a result. At that point, Andari decided it would be for the best that she leave Windhelm. Not having enough gold to make the trip to Solstheim, she instead began making her way south towards Riften. Unfortunately, she only made it as far as Darkwater Crossing, where she was mistaken for a Stormcloak and arrested by the Imperials, along with Ulfric Stormcloak and several of his followers. And this is where Andari's story truly begins!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1005 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 41  Next