UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2024 12:22 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1005 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 41  Next
 Post subject: Re: Your Skyrim Character(s)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:50 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim Legendary, ESO, Legends
Platform: PC, PS3
Other Profiles: Steam: Captain Mauin, ESO: @Mauin and @Merorzen, Legends: Mauin
UESPoints: 1
Huh. Those character sheets are handy for a quick overview of a character.
Here's one for each of my three main characters:

Vulom Staadnau:
Spoiler:

Hunts-With-Fury:
Spoiler:

From-Blackest-Reaches:
Spoiler:

A wee bit messy, but still effective. I had to dig online for shots of Hunts-With-Fury and From-Blackest-Reaches.
From-Blackest-Reaches wasn't too much of a problem, but I only had that one shot of Hunts-With-Fury remaining. Could've been better, but it had to do.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:57 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: All of them
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 0
Hamelin

Spoiler:

Hrori Storm-Mane

Spoiler:

Gozar gro-Galag

Spoiler:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:26 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: ps3
9 holds 10 races

Saerthynel: is the wood elf of the weald. Skiddish and hates going into towns. He prefers to be in nature among the trees and animals. He once got chased out of Riften for stealing a sweet roll. He'll never understand humans. They just leave food lying around and then get mad if someone takes it. Shor's Stone and Karthwasten are too big as far as he's concerned. Doesn't like the way nords treat elves in Windhelm. To get his revenge he charmed some girls at Brandy Mug Farm, stole a horse and rode all the way to Rorikstead. Gaurds chased after him but gave up complaining something about an arrow in the knee. Halfway to Rorikstead he wasn't sure if he was still being chased or not, he saw a Gaurd and smacked him on the head with his blade. He was young and inexperienced with swords. The Whiterun gaurd wasn't hurt but the chase was back on. Saerthynel turned his horse and rode straight through a giants camp charming a Mammoth to lose his pursuers. His exploits were made famous in the popular bardic verse "The Ride to Rorikstead" by Sir Ranselm the Brave. Saerthynel is a proper wood elf using illusion, his animal friends and bow to survive. His cousin is Faeyndel of Riverwood. If he must go to town for any reason he prefers to go there or any of the less impossing towns such as Falkreath, Morthal and Dawnstar. That being said he also prefers the wooded areas in the south of Skyrim to the frozen tundras of the north. Worships Kynareth, his main goal in life is to explore the forests, appease Kyne and cause as much mischief as possible. He lives in shacks, makes camp and lives on Avursi's farm away from major cities.

Sir Ranselm the Brave: As you may have guessed is actually a complete coward. An Imperial Bard and merchant in Solitude he was pressed into service for the war when general Tullius came to town. A nice enough fellow just not a fighter. He hires mercenaries to fight for him and summons creatures to aid in his protection. A master negotiator in business and even able to talk his way through dungeons. He dabbles in alchemy and enchanting as part of his mercantile business. He is with the marching band in the war. He travels with the soldiers but allows them and his summons creatures to do most of the fighting. Often when he meets a group of bandits or even stormcloaks they are so star struck by his celebrity status they line up for autographs rather than fight.

Breton: The Breton is a mage at the College of Winterhold. he/she is pretty much a standard mage doing standard mage things. I will just say
Spoiler:
When I first played through i rushed to the mages college and wound up in labrynthian before i really knew how to play or had leveled up much of anything. While it was tough i think thats what it's supposed to be like. I just went through there recently with a high level character and there was no challenge. If you listen to the ghosts in Labrythian they were all low level students at the college who didn't belong in this dungeon. There are many lower magic books there too as if the makers expected you to not have frost, sparks or steadfast ward at this point. They give you some scrolls that help with the unique circumstances you will encounter there too. Use them and it is doable at low levels and more fulfilling.

Dark Elf: of Dawnstar. He loves anything dark magic-y and does his best to be evil. Simply put he is a vampire and collector of Deadric Artifacts. Notably
Spoiler:
Vaerminas Staff and the Razor

High Elf: She lives in the small town of Morthal. This backwater is no place for a high elf. She was sent here to study conjuration under Fallion but dreams of getting out to see the wider world. Also a Priestess of Restoration magic and Vigilante of Stendarr.

Argonian: Assassin of Falkreath. Born in lake Ilinalta he was sent back to where ever Argonians come from for training to be a shadow scale. Now he has returned and plies his trade throught the nine holds.

Nord: Windhelm- A fierce, loyal and patriotic nord foot soldier rises through the ranks to become Ulfrics champion. Caught up in the hatred and brutality of war
Spoiler:
he sacrifices one of his fellow soldiers for a dark power to help him achieve victory and protect his homeland but as should be expected such actions are going to turn out bad in the end. He had it all, champion of the king, arguably the nicest house (Herejim) in all of Skyrim and a beautiful wife Camilla. Then one day he accidentally got in a fight with his wife. When things turned hostile his armor took over and killed her dead... right there. Now the once great hero must flee Windhelm, not that he could ever go back to that house anyway. The memories, the regrets. Perhaps the house is to blame, there were murders there before. And the dark armor it's evil, he couldn't help it, but he is the one who put it on. he took it knowing full well it was cursed. Now his only solice is on the battlefield slaying whoever gets in his way, friend or foe. It doesn't matter anymore, after what he's done he has no friends left.

RedGuard: Rogue A'likr who has come to whiterun to protect the princess. He's uncovered a plot to usurp the throne and must protect her. He calls upon the powers of Hircine and the moon to defend her from Alik'r forces who are just as highly trained as he is. His biggest problem is that he cannot control when he transforms which leads to some accidental fights and needs to flee. People are finding out about his condition and they don't like him but as he says "they havn't been able to kill me yet and i'm not going anywhere." He's not here to be in love with the princess, it is simply his duty to protect her. What would she see in a common soldier like him anyway?

Orc: An orc living in Markarth working as an Armorer. Two handed, heavy Armor, standard orc. Likes to keep up acquiantinces with the orc strongholds around Skyrim. His goal is to kill all humans. He figures if he makes a strong enough armor he can raid Whiterun. That will show those Nords who's hunting grounds these are.

Khajit: Make good thieves, lives in Riften with all the other trash. uses illusion more for sneaking than controlling others. He doesn't even like to kill beast, monsters or undead. He understands they're just trying to survive too. Doesn't like to fight not because he is a coward but because he has a very high morality for a thief. He would consider it a good day if he sneaks past all the enemies in a dungeon, acquires his objective and leaves quietly.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:13 pm 
Lord of the Shivering Isles

ES Games: Oblivion:GOTY, Skyrim:Legendary edition
Platform: PS3.
UESPoints: 12
Name:Runa the Dragonborn(Dragonborn is added after she realises that she is the Dovahkiin)
Sex:Female
Major Skills:All of the magic ones as i'm going for a pure mage build
Minor Skills:Alchemcy,speech(just barter)
Background:

Spoiler:
In the year 180, on the 22nd day of Sun's Height Runa was born in Helgen. Her parents were both former Legion soldiers who were lucky enough to survive the Great War a few years earlier and both decided to retire.

In the year 199, Runa discovered that she had the gift of magic but she knew that her parents would become very angry and prehaps even ashamed of her if they found out. She was curious about her new found abilties and luckily for her, a mage lived in the village. A female High Elf called Melria. Melria was just a few years older then Runa. But her knowledge of the arcane arts was very great. Runa knew of this fact, well it was very hard for you not to notice Melyria's magic as she had a tendency to use it in the open and asked if she would tutor her in sercet. She agreed, so for the next two years they met in secret to study the Arcane Arts. But something happened that neither of them had expected. They both fell in love. If Runa's father found out, she would be chucked out or sent to the nearest temple as he despised magic and harboured a mild dislike of elves.

Melyria and Runa managed to met in secret to continue their affair but Runa felt that she would have to tell her parents soon. Melyria always disagreed. This kept going on for two years.

30th Midyear, 201.
Melyria knocked on the door and Runa's father, Olaf Stonebeard answered. "Oh, it's the filthy elf that would love to kill me" "Sorry, i know i shouldn't say that as you've been here for 5 years now and aren't as bad as most elves"

"it's aright" replied Melyria, "you fought in the great war against my kind and i don't blame you for hating all elves as a result" "Anyway, is Runa ready as we planned a hunting trip last week" "RUNA!" Olaf called Runa appeared a few seconds later "Yes Father?" "Have fun on your hunting trip" replied Olaf "How long it is by the way?" "About 3 days father" "Make sure to hunt a lot of game and make me proud" Olaf replied with a smile. They didn't plan on hunting and instead were going to spend the next 3 days near a lake on a romatic retreat.

2 days later
The trip went off without any problems. But today would prove to be different. Olaf was hunting with a few of his mates and on that day, he encountered his daughter sleeping with Melyria. He decided to confront them back in Helgen.
1 day later
Olaf confronted them back in Helgen. He was furious and almost took Melyria's head off with his battleaxe. A few days later, Melyria managed to sneak into Runa's room. Olaf caught them a few hours later and in his rage, killed Melyria "FATHER NO!" Screamed Runa. "YOU ARE GOING TO A TEMPLE TOMORROW! Yelled Olaf, The entire family argued and when Runa revealed she had magic, she was cast out. Olaf was later setenced to death by Jarl Balgruuf the Greater murder. Runa herself spent the next month wandering Skyrim or at least, the southern half of it.

16th Last Seed
Runa had seen a rabbit, she planned on eating it for lunch. She felt the fire spell warming her hands, she unleashed a barrage of fire and it was dead. As she went to pick up the rabbit, she heard several warcries. The Imperial Legion had launched their ambush. Thus began her destiny. It was foretold that she would save Skyrim. She is the one Dragons fear and the one who can destroy their very souls. She will become the greatest Nord since Talos himself.

Personaility: She is a kind nord who will help anyone in need. She has a good sense of humour and hates the Thalmor, just like the rest of Skyrim. She believes the Civil war is pointless and that Skyrim should be united. She loves books and tends to be curious which will lead her into several dangerous situations. She wishes that she didn't have to kill and ended up throwing up when she killed a bandit. But she understands that she must kill to survive sometimes. Is very happy most of the time. When she starts to grow in power both magical and the Thu'um she becomes very cocky, up untill she realises that she is the only mortal who can save Nirn, then she takes her powers and responisabilty seriously.

Quests:The COW questline, Both mainquests, she believes that she must force the way to stop and due to neither side giving up, will intervene by joining one. A few Daedric quests, the good ones although she may start a few evil quests due to her curiosity but not finish them due to moral reasons unless she believes it.

Main weapon:None. Will use a staff though.

Other:She will end up falling in love with Brelyna Maryon during the course of the COW questline and will end up marrying her. May end up buying Breezehome. Will collect unique artifacts that she finds and has enchanted a simple sack so it can carry up to 300(whatever the game uses) of loot. As well as making sure that it's not a mess. She does this when she finds an empty sack in the keep in Helgen and enchants it in Riverwood. She doesn't mind looting the dead. She may also be descended from the great Nordic Hero, Sten Ironfist, the Champion of Cyrodill but half of Skyrim claims to have his blood in them. She doesn't mind using Nercomancy as she believes it's just a tool to be used, just like a sword but she will only use it on people who attacked her.
I may try to use the exploit to get 100% shout cooldown, just to emphaise the sheer amount of power she has and hopefully, to add to immersion.

I was going to use Falkir but he is being saved for the GOTY edition as vampires are not common in the normal edition as i don't own any DLC.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:18 pm 
Layman
Layman

According to me skyrim is top game of the year a lot of games which i like such as need for speed,COD,Fashion star,Super Mario,Battlefield 3 and many other games but this is a game which i always want to play.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:12 am 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games: Daggerfall, Skyrim
Name: Tinel
Race: Bosmer
Primary Skills: Heavy armor, One-handed, Smithing, Archery
Story:
Spoiler:
Tinel was born in the province of Valenwood, the youngest of three brothers. His father was a very recognized blacksmith and archer, and he passed down his skills to all three of his sons. His family was very resentful of the Aldmeri Dominion, believing that the Altmer only believed in High Elf supremecy, and would kill any race, even Bosmer, to become a stronger race.
His eldest brother actually moved to Cyrodill to join the Legion, leaving Tinel and his brother to help support the family in his absence. Tinel hunted and smithed with his father to help oit, while his brother turned to, a more shadowy lifestyle. Realizing thievery was quite a good way to make coin, Tinel's brother got Tinel to turn to thievery as well. Many years passed, and Tinel managed to mask his shadowy lifestyle with his excellent smithing skills, until a job went wrong. A simple job to steal an emerald necklace turned into Tinel and his brother getting kidnapped by a rival Thieve's Guild. The two were given a choice: give up their life of crime, or die. Both brothers dissapeared from the shadow life and went back to a life of hunting and smithing.
After a dull two years, Tinel's eldest brother came back to Valenwood after finishing a tour of duty with the Legion. He saw that the family he left was much, richer, and after talking to his siblings, realized why. Coming to the conclusion that their mother and father would be well-off for a
long time, he invited his brothers to join the Legion. Tinel, being quite bored with his life in Valenwood, agreed, as did his brother. After saying their goodbyes, they all left for Cyrodill, eager to journey beyond the forests of Valenwood.
Tinel was a very good archer, having had years of practice with his father, and was quick to pick up the art of swordsmanship. His soldier lifestyle was great, until a similar fate that ended his life as a thief almost took his life altogether. Tinel and a squad of eleven more soldiers were positioned at the Cyrodill-Skyrim border, tasked with preventing some would-be "terrorists" from destroying a nearby noble-man's house. At night, the squad was ambushed by the terrorists, and by the time they realized what was going on, six men were killed and the entire area was in flames. Desperate to survive, Tinel took his bow and ran towards the border, dodging flames and arrows for the remainder of the night.
Luckily, Tinel was spotted by a Redguard caravan, and they allowed him to travel with them to Skyrim. Tinel had a plan to try and land a continue his life anew in Skyrim. However, Tinel and his new Redguard friends were arrested soon after entering Skyrim, and Tinel, who happened to look like a fellow Bosmer, ironically charged with burning down a storefront, was sentenced to death at Helgen. Tinel hopes his luck hasn't run out yet.

I would expand on Tinel's "Skyrim lifestyle," but that would take too much time. Maybe I'll do that later.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:43 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: daggerdall, morrowind, oblivion, skyrim
Platform: pc, xbox/360
The character ive been playing recently:

Name:Raynil hlaalu

Race:dunmer

Class:Nightblade

Birthsign:The Atronach

Weapons and tactics: mostly daggers, popping in and out of invisibility slitting throats and crowd controlling with pacify, Also handy in a fight thanks to mage armor spells.

Highest skill: Illusion 76

Story: A distant decedent of the once great dunmer house hlaalu, raynil spent his childhood in poverty in the devastated morrowind, he was trained to fight by his father, a high ranking morag tong assassin. Later he moved to cyrodill to study at the Arcane university specializing in Illusion, alteration and to a lesser extent destruction. Raynil eventually grew tired of Cyrodill and decided to travel north to skyrim where he intended to travel as a nightblade for hire. However on the borders in the jerral mountains he was Attacked by dark brotherhood assassins, (hired by a jealous husband of a dunmer girl raynil had seduced in a cheydinhal tavern) Raynil Overcame 2 of the trio and was just about to dispatch the 3rd when the assassin cast an unusual illusion spell on raynil..... Raynil sunk his blade into the assassin just as his memory escaped him.... Wandering into skyrim, his memory lost he became tangled up in a failed horse theft and and imperial ambush, bound and placed in a carriage headed for helgan for execution.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:44 am 
Novice
Novice

Platform: Xbox360
Recently created my 6th character. First female. Named her "Mildread". She is obsessed with Dragons. Eating their Souls.

But she is not going to kill anything BUT dragons. One of my other characters was able to finish the MQ without any kills until Alduin and DragonBorn MQ with only 3 kills...dragons.

But Mildread is going to kill bunches of Dragons. Ones with names, ones without. This dragon, that dragon. I already have her at 100 Illusion and level 24 overall - and she will soon to heading off to BleakFalls Barrrow. Not going to kill anything in there mind you. Just cause a few "accidents" and get that Dragonstone. She is wearing steel now, but is looking forward to becoming a Blade. She can't wait. She wants to wear that armor and use Dragonbane like it was designed to be used.

She will recruit some buddies to join the Blades too. And yes, she will have to deal with Dragon "P". All my other characters have let him live. But not Mildread. Wants to eat that suckers soul. Its an oath thing. Blades Blades Blades Arise.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:00 am 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox
Other Profiles: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
UESPoints: 14
I am sooo tempted to add one of my well written characters onto this collection >_< but Idk how to sum it up without taking 4 full paragraphs >_>
I prolly would only do my main character that represents portions of my own personality and the style of my character that I play. So tempting, but ik that if I do one then it would only be unavoidable for me to do his comrades.. Too many words I would have to write>_<.. Too much of an overload.. My brain... it just exploded o_0..... grrdf

~Forever a UESP user~
[?]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:23 pm 
Layman
Layman

Platform: PS3
I think I have constructed what is arguably the best werewolf Breton that anybody can make, and this template could be useful in mine or anybody else' future characters.

First the Perks:
Alchemy:
Alchemist (5/5)
Physician
Benefactor
Poisoner
Concentrated Poison
Snake Blood

Notes: Mostly self-explanatory, Concentrated Poison gives your weapons an edge in battle, Snake Blood makes you resistant to poison.

Illusion:
Novice Illusion
Animage
Kindred Mage
Quiet Casting
Master of the Mind

Notes: This lets you go invisible to whomever you want which is great for sneaking, it also gives you an edge in battle with other illusion spells. Quiet casting lets you sneak up on enemies with Atronachs or Runes. I have personally never needed fortify Illusion equips or any other perks in this tree.

Conjuration:
Novice Conjuration
Mystic Binding
Summoner(1/2)
Atromancy
Elemental Potency
Twin Souls

Notes: Undead while useful when well equipped are in general a pain in the butt to get well equipped and don't always keep what you give them, summoning atronachs is simpler because of this. Mystic Binding when used properly can keep you from losing weapons against enemies with the Disarm shout. Fortify Conjuration equipment works better than perks for the Master Conjuration perk.

Destruction:
Nothing, Dual Casting is expensive and not worth it, Fortify Destruction Potions can fortify any spell up to 184% in strength, enchanted equipment make it cost nothing, and after cutting down most of the uses for those perks; the final nail in the coffin is that Archery is more powerful. About the only time you should need this is to set off an oil slick or to set a rune which doesn't require any perks at all.

Restoration:
Novice Restoration
Recovery (2/2)
Avoid Death
Regeneration
Respite

Notes: Word Absorb and Necromage have limited uses, other choices down the line reduce the need for these. Avoid Death is a must have for any werewolf, Respite is very helpful for a stamina boost, and Recovery mostly offsets the Atronach standing stone which my character uses.

Alteration:
Nothing, the Atronach standing stone removes any need for this. Other Alteration spells can be extended simply by drinking a Fortify Alteration potion which extends them by 147%.

Enchanting:
Enchanter (5/5)
Insightful Enchanter
Corpus Enchanter
Extra Effect

Notes: Elemental enchantments can be weak against specific creatures which is why I opt for putting Absorb Health on my Character's weapons instead, Soul Squeezer and Soul Siphon aren't very necessary with the Black Star Daedric Artifact.

Smithing:
Steel Smithing
Elven Smithing

Notes: Having the best equipment isn't necessary to do huge damage in this game thanks to fortify equipment, fortify potions, and poisons. Elven armor is the lightest and the weapons are a decent middle ground on terms of power. Arcane Blacksmith is only useful if you plan on using Daedric Artifacts most of the time enchanting your own equipment is a better idea though.

Heavy Armor:
Nothing, Light Armor is better for sneaking and when making a well-rounded character you have to consider this drawback to the Heavy Armor equipment. It is possible to use a similar setup to my own wearing some type of steel armor but sneaking will suffer as a result, trust me I tried this.

Block:
Shield Wall (1/5)
Power Bash
Quick Reflexes
Deflect Arrows
Deadly Bash
Elemental Protection
Disarming Bash
Block Runner
Shield Charge

Notes: Block is a pretty useful skill reducing damage you take to almost zero at the expense of a little stamina. Shield Wall is not important since you can get the same effect by enchanting a shield with a Fortify Block effect.

Two-Handed:
Nothing, One Handed allows you to use a shield and one handed weapons can be dual wielded and switched to a shield in the middle of battle. Two-Handed weapons are slower, don't block as well and deal less damage overall suffering terribly in the speed category. About the only thing they do decent is take down a group of enemies but not being able to use magic while wielding one of these causes it to suffer terribly. Go for One-Handed.

One Handed:
Armsman (5/5)
Dual Flurry (2/2)
Fighting Stance
Dual Savagery
Critical Charge
Savage Strike
Paralyzing Strike

Notes: One Handed is the way to go for close-quarters weapons. Hack and Slash, Bone Breaker, and Bladesman are too specific as each weapon is useful against a different type of enemy. Fortify One-handed equipment removes any need for those perks.

Archery:
Overdraw (5/5)
Critical Shot (2/3)
Eagle Eye
Steady Hand
Hunter's Discipline
Power Shot
Ranger
Quick Shot
Bullseye

Notes: All perks here are really useful. This is much better than Destruction on terms of power when all the perks are obtained and only suffers in the sense that it cannot be dual wielded with something else. Two perks on Critical is negotiable if somebody decides to put three or one, it makes little difference, I chose two because it needs a boost to challenge One-Handed on terms of power but I lack perks to take it all the way.

Light Armor:
Agile Defender (1/5)
Custom Fit

Notes: This is all that is required to get Elven Armor past the armor cap with a Smithing skill of 100 and Fortify Smithing equipment and Potions.

Sneak:
Stealth (1/5)
Backstab
Muffled Movement
Deadly Aim
Light Foot

Notes: With this you can kill all enemies in a sneak attack. Boss type enemies might require a Fortify Marksman Potion and poison for an Archery (non-crossbow as they aren't good for sneaking) kill, but Assassins Blade is overkill and with Elven equipment Silent Roll and Silence aren't worth the effort. With some perks tied up in the Illusion tree you can cast Invisible when ever you want or drink an invisible potion making Shadow Warrior useless.

Lockpicking:
Nothing, keep the Skeleton key and don't finish the Thieves Guild quest. Problem solved. By the time you get this to 100 Master Locks are easy enough to open... but if you still have trouble drink a Fortify Lockpicking Potion or have some enchanted armor for this.

Pickpocket:
Nothing, the uses for this are limited and in the instances where you might have to do this you can fortify a set of equipment to get the job done.

Speech:
Nothing, don't get me wrong I like not having to run around Skyrim to sell off my loot too. But in the long term when it's battle power we're talking about this doesn't contribute.

Now my Equips and armor ratings:
Armor:
Elven Boots 122 (One-handed attacks do 48% more damage, Sneaking is 48% better)
Elven Gauntlets 122 (Bows do 48% more damage, One-handed attacks do 48% more damage)
Elven Gilded Armor 282 (Increases Poison Resistance by 44%, Restoration Spells cost 29% less to cast)
Elven Helmet 132 (Bows do 48% more damage, Conjuration spells cost 29% less to cast)
Elven Shield 124 (Block 48% more damage with your shield, Increases Magic Resistance by 23%)
Gold Diamond Necklace (Restoration Spells cost 29% less to cast, One Handed attacks do 48% more damage)
Gold Diamond Ring (Conjuration spells cost 29% less to cast, Magicka regenerates 74% faster)
Notes: Poison Resistance is to fill in the gap of poison weakness that Snakeblood does not cover. Magicka regeneration is to negate the Atronach standing stone.

Weapons and Damage Rating:
Elven Sword 444 (Absorb 23 points of Health. If Target dies within 11 seconds, fills a soul gem.) (Main Weapon)
Elven Sword 444 (Chance to Paralyze the target for 5 seconds. Absorb 29 Points of stamina. (Off Hand)
Elven Bow 368 (Absorb 29 points of stamina. If target dies within 11 seconds, fills a soul gem.)
(Improved) Crossbow 403 (Absorb 23 points of Health. If Target dies within 11 seconds, fills a soul gem.)

Notes: I have Maces and Axes of the same variety as the swords but you get the idea. In truth the Nord Hero melee weapons and the Nordic Bow are ever so slightly faster than their Elven counterparts, but the difference isn't very noticeable I decided to just stick with Elven for a full set I really never noticed a difference between them myself but to each their own.

Standing Stone: Atronach

Standing stones have their ups and downs but 50% magic absorption is hard to pass up as a werewolf.

Standard Stats:
HP 450
MP 450
SP 250

Notes: The respite perk negates most of the need for a high stamina stat, 450 MP is high enough to cast most master level spells with only two fortify (magic school) equips. 450 HP is decent too.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:12 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: morrowind, oblivion
Platform: xbox 360
Other Profiles: Mingoboot
I've played all the popular builds, I've been the destruction Mage, the illusionist, the nord champion, the woodland archer, now I'm trying out a little role playing, no real back story other than caught at the border trying to cross into skyrim... My argonian came here to find his fortune... He's a survivalist... After the helgen incident I made a B-line to riften... The thieves guild would be the only faction that would take me in... This is my problem, I don't know how to role play from there. Thieves guild quest line then what... My rule is no perks in combat, I have perks in sneak, lock picking, pickpocket, and speech... Any ideas as how to play the survivalist without magic or combat... I also perked block...? Oh and no fast travel...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:56 am 
Layman
Layman

Platform: PS3
sevenindasun wrote:
I've played all the popular builds, I've been the destruction Mage, the illusionist, the nord champion, the woodland archer, now I'm trying out a little role playing, no real back story other than caught at the border trying to cross into skyrim... My argonian came here to find his fortune... He's a survivalist... After the helgen incident I made a B-line to riften... The thieves guild would be the only faction that would take me in... This is my problem, I don't know how to role play from there. Thieves guild quest line then what... My rule is no perks in combat, I have perks in sneak, lock picking, pickpocket, and speech... Any ideas as how to play the survivalist without magic or combat... I also perked block...? Oh and no fast travel...

Enchanting Fortify (skill) equipment and Alchemy Fortify (skill) potions for battle would make this easy. Becoming a werewolf or a vampire would make it even easier.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:02 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Ysara Ashford, Brenton necromancer...
Thane of whiterun, heading to high hrothgar...

Conjuration
Illusion
Restoration
Sneak

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:57 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Name: Sven the Barbarian
Playstyle: Barbarian
Major Skills: Two Handed, Light Armor and Smithing
Level: 3
Backstory comes later

Last edited by Dragonhunter on Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:34 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Morrowind (GOTY) ,Oblivion (GOTY), Skyrim (DG+HF+DB)
Name: Marcus Corvaneus, Imperial
Background: Born in the Imperial city to a middle class family with little history, ranging only to the years following the oblivion crisis, when his great grand father was found on the doorstep of a Blacksmith's house, as a baby wrapped in two flags - one of the city of Bruma, and one bearing the Imperial dragon. After seeing his whole family die in the Great war as a child, he started to hone his skills as a warrior, to eventually join the legion, and take the fight to the Thalmor, when the time comes. On one particulary cold night, just when Marcus was about to retire after a hard shift at guard duty, he all of the sudden spied a tall but indiscernible figure in the guard halls. Thinking of it to be a potential threat, he hurried after the thing, and without even so much as putting his gear back on, he chased it outside the city, eventually getting lost in the surrounding woods. At various points when he caught a better glimpse of the misterious form, he could almost discern a face, one he had seen before, but couldn't quite remember from where. He was already pass the Jerral mountains when out of sheer exhaustion, Marcus collapsed near the border with Skyrim. The figure appeared over him once more, smiling with in a kind manner, the face was as if from a dream, he thought it to be like the face of an old statue from where he grew up. Marcus smiled back, then slept.
We all know what happened then.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:58 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Reenuh, imperial champion...
Major skills
Heavy armor, one handed, block
Minor skills
Sneak, smithing, enchanting, alchemy
Specialty skills
Two handed, archery

I'm mainly one handed but I carry long hammer and black bow of fate with the damage perks at 5 on each skill...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:01 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Skyrim
I have a case of Reset character disease lol this is my third time im trying to create stormcloak/dawnguard/pure no magic whatsoever warrior but I keep getting sucked into non role playing quests and it becomes tedious and I go back from beginning. I was at level 60 and I reset and deleted the save file like an idiot. Oh well so many hours completely wasted

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:02 pm 

Street_Assassin wrote:
I have a case of Reset character disease lol this is my third time im trying to create stormcloak/dawnguard/pure no magic whatsoever warrior but I keep getting sucked into non role playing quests and it becomes tedious and I go back from beginning. I was at level 60 and I reset and deleted the save file like an idiot. Oh well so many hours completely wasted

Have you considered roleplaying? as it can improve your experience. We did have a roleplaying thread somewhere in the skyrim forum but i suspect that has been exiled to the thread graveyard.

You could try using my Vampire Hunter character(i think he is located a page or two back) and see if that will help to cure your case of Resetitis.

Have you considered putting restrictions on your characters? Such as only using nordic steel(In game, it would just be steel weapons and armour), no healing in battle, carrying one weapon and not looting the dead and so forth. As it gives you a more challenging and hopefully, enjoyable experience.

With Runa, i have no potions in battle unless it's in my favorites as a restriction and it had resulted in a lot of close and thrilling battles. I roleplay that she has a few pounches to keep her potions on her belt and the belt is accessed via the favorites.

If none of this works, you may have to give the game a rest.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:07 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, all DLC, Oblivion, GoTY and aniversary, arena
Platform: X360/PC, X360/PC, PC.
UESPoints: 2
Thelastdovah wrote:
Such as only using nordic steel(In game, it would just be steel weapons and armour),

What about actual nordic steel weapons and armour?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:10 pm 

CBR JGWRR wrote:
Thelastdovah wrote:
Such as only using nordic steel(In game, it would just be steel weapons and armour),

What about actual nordic steel weapons and armour?

I forgot about the actual ones due to me using a pure mage at moment and i've just noticed you've linked it to the DB page on nord weapons. So i was unaware of it introducing nordic steel weapons. I know there is Nord steel armour in the game without DLC but can't remeber if there are nord steel weapons as well.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:43 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

There's ancient nord armour, which the draugr equipment goes with. Beyond that I'd need to look it up...

Anyway, I've started a new argonian - Jumps-off-Buildings. Her life's work is to climb buildings and then jump off them, and it's a lot more fun that you would think it is...

Fixed link to elderstats profile...

Last edited by CBR JGWRR on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:21 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, Morrowind
UESPoints: 7
Jumps off buildings? Oh, CBR...why can you not have a pc so we could see some crazy pics of Skyrim building jumping? ;)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:36 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Dohvakiin2012 wrote:
Jumps off buildings? Oh, CBR...why can you not have a pc so we could see some crazy pics of Skyrim building jumping? ;)

Because I don't have the 400 odd quid it would cost to get a PC capable of running Skyrim better than the Xbox can, and if I did I'd only spend it on the 125GP bike...

However, there will be the same low quality pics of the TV as I've got for my elven woman...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:34 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Skyrim
CBR JGWRR wrote:

Anyway, I've started a new argonian - Jumps-off-Buildings. Her life's work is to climb buildings and then jump off them, and it's a lot more fun that you would think it is... link to elderstats profile...

Sounds quite like assassin creed lol

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:43 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Street_Assassin wrote:

Sounds quite like assassin creed lol

It was part of the inspiration for the character...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1005 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 41  Next