UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sat Oct 05, 2024 12:21 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 126  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 'What You Did in Skyrim Today' Thread
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:33 am 
Guardian
Guardian

ES Games: Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim
Platform: PC
Other Profiles: perylousdemon (Steam)
UESPoints: 0
Today, I deleted my Dunmer spellsword and created a Breton mage, Michelle Versailles, in her place. She's mostly focused on destruction and alteration right now, with a little illusion thrown into the mix to make fighting larger groups of enemies less painful. She cleared out Embershard Mine, then headed off to Bleak Falls Barrow to get Lucan's golden claw back. It wasn't too difficult, for the most part; only the draugr overlord at the end gave her any trouble, and that was nothing that two fireballs (yay, scrolls) and spamming flames couldn't handle. After that, she paid Anise a visit at her cabin (read: burned her to a crisp and took her stuff), then made her way back to Riverwood to get some sleep before making the trek to Whiterun. On the way, she gathered a bunch of alchemy ingredients, and she also encountered a Dunmer thief, whom she proceeded to electrocute into submission.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:05 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, Morrowind
UESPoints: 7
My Bosmer walked into Honeyside to a thuggish guest standing in the living room. Iona...just what is it that you do all day? A fight broke out when Lieth attacked him, since he's in HER house of all things. Vilkas "pulled her away" before the Redguard could attack her first, as he always does when she's about to break the law. So the guards came but they let the Thane of Riften go. However, there is now a dead body inside Lieth's house. GRRR. Iona, you have failed miserably as housecarl on this one.

PS: Does anyone the console command to get rid of the dead body in the house? I tried disable but that didn't work.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:32 am 
Guardian
Guardian

Recycleactor, maybe? Disable should've worked, though. Odd that it didn't.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:37 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

^^Actually it did, just took two in game days. :) Today I've been working on preparing my assassin for the dlc...I don't think either of my characters are quite ready though. *nail biting*

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:53 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyim, Morrowind, Oblivion
Platform: Xbox 360
Well, I found a pair of scaled bracers with the enchantment I wanted and I collected the equipment and supplies for a weapons and armor overhaul. The only problem is that none of the alchemists or general merchants have any smithing potions of any kind in their inventories. Currently my bow damage isn't very high and I can't keep relying on sneak to pick something off before it reaches me. My swords are a little underpowered too. I have the materials, I just need the smithing draught, anyone know where to find one?

To denounce the evils of truth and love.
Until our post count reaches the stars above.

Spoiler:
Musicman247 wrote:
I don't suck, I blow.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:00 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Bandit camps are the best place to find those. Felina has a whole stash of them that she found at all the thug camps outside of Whiterun. At least that's where I've had the most luck...oh and Forsworn mines. Far as the bow goes, can you take out some perks in archery next time you level? I've noticed this makes a difference since you can stagger and eventually paralyze your targets with those perks.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:14 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim Legendary, ESO, Legends
Platform: PC, PS3
Other Profiles: Steam: Captain Mauin, ESO: @Mauin and @Merorzen, Legends: Mauin
UESPoints: 1
I deleted my Orc character (no surprise there) and began working on Hunts-With-Fury again. Decided to go on an expedition into Blackreach to gather some more Crimson Nirnroot. While I was down there, Deadly Dragons decided to spawn a Tempest Drake. It's a little difficult fighting something that keeps flying through solid objects.

After gathering something like 38 Crimson Nirnroots, I decided that I would go on a pilgrimage to all the Word Walls to reset them so I could get some more interesting Dragons to fight. Made it through most of them without a problem, but I had some fun with Lost Tongue Overlook and Dragontooth Crater.

At Lost Tongue Overlook, Deadly Dragons decided to spawn an Aspect of Alduin, a Storm Dragon, and a Dragon as I approached the stairs. This got the attention of the Ancient Dragon that was already there and a massive, chaotic battle ensued. Wouldn't have taken so long if I hadn't had Deadly Dragons on the insane preset. I think it took me a good 10-15 minutes to bring them down.

At Dragontooth Crater, Deadly Dragons decided to spawn a Magma Dragon, an Elder Dragon, and a Wyvern which got the attention of the Magma Dragon that was already sitting in front of the Wall. The fight with these guys didn't last more than 5 minutes because I had turned Deadly Dragons back down to vanilla levels.

Of course, I then decided that I would follow the river from Markarth back to Windstad Manor. Took me several tries to get there because my computer decided to be annoying and crash every few minutes. I made it... After becoming paranoid and saving literally every minute. That felt like it took longer than it actually did. Eh.

Now I'm just (im)patiently waiting for the release of Dragonborn.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:04 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, all DLC, Oblivion, GoTY and aniversary, arena
Platform: X360/PC, X360/PC, PC.
UESPoints: 2
Derp53 wrote:
Well, I found a pair of scaled bracers with the enchantment I wanted and I collected the equipment and supplies for a weapons and armor overhaul. The only problem is that none of the alchemists or general merchants have any smithing potions of any kind in their inventories. Currently my bow damage isn't very high and I can't keep relying on sneak to pick something off before it reaches me. My swords are a little underpowered too. I have the materials, I just need the smithing draught, anyone know where to find one?

If you really can't find one, sabre teeth, blisterwort, spriggan sap and glowing mushrooms are all fortify smithing.

What's your smithing level?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:05 am 
Guardian
Guardian

I played my Breton mage for a few hours before getting completely frustrated and deleting her. Even on the lowest difficulty, she was getting like two-shotted by bandit marauders, and I just wasn't having any fun with her. I'm giving Vilanthe another shot. Anyway, after deleting her, I messed around on Anika for a little bit. I think she's about as ready for DB as she's going to get, and I suppose I can always turn the difficulty back down if I have to (even though I'd really prefer not to). I also accidentally deleted the wrong stat card and had to completely redo Anika's profile on Elder Stats... *sigh*

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:26 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Krieg's work for the Companions has taken him north. He's never been this far north and the land is unfamiliar and cold. The goal was to retrieve critical information about the Silver Hand and return to Jorrvaskr. The battles have been furious, but at least they've helped to keep Krieg warm. It is time to forge an additional set of furs in case his travels return him to the winter environment.

The loot from the journey has been quite impressive. There are several items that radiate magic that he's unfamiliar with, but he'll learn more upon returning to Whiterun. This enchanting is still new, but he's found it to be useful.

The Orc is road weary and is looking forward to returning home for a while. There are still items to be added to his house and the forge beneath his home is always ready. Then perhaps it will be time to visit these so called "Grey Beards" that he's heard of while in Dragonsreach. Something about them calling him. They seem an odd group and he's skeptical at best, but if they're able to help, it is certainly worth the journey.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:04 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Met a daedric cultist, exploded some skeletons, refilled the Black Star:

24th of Sun's Dusk, 4E 201 - Tyrion's Journal
24th of Sun's Dusk, 4E 201 - J'zargo's Notes
25th of Sun's Dusk, 4E 201 - Tyrion's Journal
25th of Sun's Dusk, 4E 201 - J'zargo's Notes
25th of Sun's Dusk, 4E 201 - Tyrion's Journal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:32 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Even though I have plenty of characters, I still made another one today, because (1) Bosmer men forever, and (2) I wanted to do the Thieves Guild again. I had a hard time naming him, I must have thought up twenty Bosmer names and was down to Lentil and Gardasil before I went, "pfft, it really doesn't matter" and just named him Laenoth. Since I'll be working with Maven again, maybe this will be the character who marries Ingun. Fooling around with the boss' daughter, eh?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:30 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I explored Solstheim. Did several random quests, too, while I was at it.
Having a bug with Dragons not giving souls at all, but it hasn't affected anything yet.

Unfortunately, Hunts-With-Fury's save is starting to bloat. Went from 14MB to 16MB today so I don't even know if I'll be able to complete Dragonborn.
The stuttering and glitches are starting to get worse. Ack. I'll just have to push it as far as I can.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:30 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

My Felina explored a bit of Solstheim today. She's going at it alone so far, since the only follower for hire she found spoke as if he might stick a dagger in her back while she wasn't looking. Felina likes company and she's definitely missing the buddy aspect in this place. Everyone has been rude to her and the island is full of danger...but she's bound to get to the bottom of some shady things. She's also been trying not to sleep... :| She has slowly been purchasing some new armor available that Onmund would look rather handsome in back home, so she's eager to upgrade and enchant those pieces and give them to him as gifts. :heart:

She's found herself in a lot of trouble in Solstheim. But she's no stranger to that. I really like this dlc so far, mostly because I'm getting to know more about the Dunmer and its not like I've looked into their lore at all. Its kind of refreshing to be off Skyrim too.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:59 am 
Master
Master

ES Games: IV: GOTY, V: DG, HF, DB
Platform: PC (IV, V) & PS3 (V)
Mauin wrote:
I explored Solstheim. Did several random quests, too, while I was at it.
Having a bug with Dragons not giving souls at all, but it hasn't affected anything yet.

Unfortunately, Hunts-With-Fury's save is starting to bloat. Went from 14MB to 16MB today so I don't even know if I'll be able to complete Dragonborn.
The stuttering and glitches are starting to get worse. Ack. I'll just have to push it as far as I can.

You have like 70 mods active! :lol: Perhaps that's the problem?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:20 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Witchery wrote:
You have like 70 mods active! :lol: Perhaps that's the problem?

More like 110. Believe me, once the saves of all my current characters are broken, I fully intend upon removing the mods I really don't need.
While the mods may be the cause of my saves being 14MB in the first place, I doubt they're what caused Hunts-With-Fury's save to jump to 16MB in three hours. I think it has something to do with the new content added by Dragonborn. I've done a lot already with Hunts-With-Fury, so the increase in save size is really unavoidable. She's an old character anyway.

Topic: I haven't played Skyrim yet, but I am planning on doing more exploration and whatnot. See if I can't find any more Black Books.
And complete the Kagrumez Trials.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:43 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

I really meant to post this before I went to bed, but I was too tired. I decided to give Anika a break, especially since her saves are just as massive as Mauin's Hunts-With-Fury with not even half as many mods... Only issue I'm having on her is that I can't visit Riverwood without the game dropping below 10FPS, especially on the bridge and on the road out of town in the other direction.

Anyway, I spent yesterday evening working on my Dunmer spellsword. It's going better this time around. I think I've finally found the correct balance of destruction magic and melee. Throwing a little illusion and restoration in there, of course, and I might start using oakflesh/stoneflesh to boost her armor rating a bit more. She cleared out Embershard Mine and Bleak Falls Barrow (that draugr overlord was cake with two fireball scrolls), then headed off to the Reach to get the Lover Stone. She managed to calm the sabre cat that practically guards that stone, which was a pleasant surprise to her; she fully expected it to continue trying to rip her face off (and it would have succeeded, as squishy as she is). After that, she returned to Whiterun and started doing random little favors for the townsfolk to gain their trust, which she later intends to take full advantage of. She also worked on her pickpocketing a bit (Andurs and Anoriath may find their pockets to be a bit lighter). Elrindir decided to be a buttface and harass her when she started to go upstairs to clear out Nazeem and his wife, but she was willing to let that slide. Anoriath, on the other hand, foolishly sent a group of thugs after her for taking his stuff. That, unfortunately, marks him for death. Finally, last but not least, Vilanthe helped take care of the little dragon problem at the western watchtower. Being a Dunmer certainly made that fight a lot less painful.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:40 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Funny thing being that I have the same issue in Riverwood. Coming into the place from Helgen for the first time with each new character is a serious challenge. I have a lot of random spots that I can't seem to access because of weird, unexplained lag. I can't figure out what's causing it.

Anyway, so far in Skyrim I've got myself that house in Raven Rock. Nice place. Comes with everything I'll ever need. Probably one of the best houses in the game... Now, if only the game didn't play a creepy dungeon soundtrack while in there. Might do a little bit of exploring later before doing Dragonborn's main quest. Y'know, before Hunts-With-Fury's save bites the dust.

And I just realized that my Steam is randomly downloading another 1.5GB for Skyrim.
I'm honestly not sure what it's downloading. I've already got all the DLC's, so there's not anything else it should be downloading. Anybody else having this happen or is it just me?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:53 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

Mauin wrote:
Funny thing being that I have the same issue in Riverwood. Coming into the place from Helgen for the first time with each new character is a serious challenge. I have a lot of random spots that I can't seem to access because of weird, unexplained lag. I can't figure out what's causing it.

I thought it might be WATER, but I only have that issue on Anika's saves. I mean, I always have a little bit of lag when approaching Riverwood from Helgen, but not so bad that the game looks like it's running in stop motion. Worst part is that Riverwood is where I go to sell all my loot once I have the investor perk. :(

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:44 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Aww Mauin, here's to crossing fingers that you are able to finish the dlc! What's going to happen with future ones? That really sucks but I know you are addicted to mods so... ;)

After the hayday in Raven Rock Mine, Felina decided she was bringing Onmund to the island with her. The follower she finally hired was awesome and came through like a BA during the toughest parts of the dungeon. That quest was tough. But she didn't want to be responsible for a stranger's death, and since her loving husband already knows the dangers of following around the Dohvakiin, he now has new gear to sport around Solstheim. Those two just work well together; its funny how you will get to know a certain npcs battle motions and work with it. Sometimes. She's planning on taking bff Serana to the island really soon to get her out of Skyrim.

Anyway, the only "issue" I've experience with this dlc so far is Onmund's dialogue. Just who is Master Neloth? Felina is worried her husband is beginning to go looney.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:39 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

It pulled through. Barely. Though I'm not finished all the side quests yet.
And Master Neloth... I think he's honestly my new favorite character. Some of his lines have made me crack up. The Horker one especially (you'll know it when you hear it). Still got a bunch of quests to do at Tel Mithryn, too. Or however you spell it. I kinda forgot.
Though I'm currently supposed to find a new Steward for him since the old one was killed. Apparently they must know how to make tea and have a "robust physique" as he put it.

Anyway, I ran through Dragonborn's main quest today. Aside from the glitches (which I've since sorted out), everything went well and overall it was fun.
A little short, maybe, but still fun. There's plenty of side quests and new content to make up for the shorter main quest.
It's had the effect of giving me the weirdest crush on Miraak. Sure, he's a jerk and all... But I think it's the element of mystery that comes with him.

Uh... Right. I've also done some wandering around, did some quests for the Skaal, spent time mining some stuff, went through Vahlok's Tomb, worked on that Unearthed quest (Ralis is lucky I'm rich), and more that I can't currently remember.

And there's still plenty more to go.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:59 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games: Battlespire, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO, Legends
Mauin wrote:
While the mods may be the cause of my saves being 14MB in the first place, I doubt they're what caused Hunts-With-Fury's save to jump to 16MB in three hours. I think it has something to do with the new content added by Dragonborn. I've done a lot already with Hunts-With-Fury, so the increase in save size is really unavoidable. She's an old character anyway.

Yeah, my character Alarra was 14.8 MB before Dragonborn, and now is 15.6 MB (after 3 hours of Dragonborn as well). While not quite as big of a jump as yours, it's still quite a bit of a difference for one day, but it does make sense.

Anyway my wireless mouse stopped working, only had the thing 4 months and changed the battery last week (the usb stick just stopped recognizing the mouse; computer knows the USB is in, mouse battery works, but there's no longer a connection between the two.) That's my second one with the same issue (first one lasted only two weeks), so I am not buying another Logitech mouse. But until I get another one, hopefully tomorrow, I'm essentially left unable to play Skyrim because I cannot use a laptop touchpad on the game, it's too difficult. >.<

Twitch channel: Offline

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:40 am 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360
I installed 30 quest mods, and sighed impatiently when it crashed instantly. I should have seen that coming.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:03 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Just about to finish the 700 steps and approaching the frost troll when.......DRAGON!

Seriously?

Well, without any other option, Krieg attempted to get the troll to engage the dragon hoping to keep the dragon fire from blistering his green hide. With a few passes, the dragon had dropped the troll while the Orc attempted to fill that dragon full of arrows. After depleting about all of his stock of healing potions and flinging everything, to include insults at the dragon, Krieg tried as best he could to hide in what seemed to be the troll's overhang/cave.

The dragon landed on the path just outside of the troll's dwelling and was too big to move much, and this presented the opportunity to escape this brush with death. Drawing axe and dagger, Krieg sent blades biting deep into the dragon hide. A few swings and the end seemed to happen as suddenly as it began. The silence following the battle was deafening.

A moment to gather himself and searching the area for loot and then on to drop supplies in a chest on the steps to High Hrothgar. Considering the trip up, meeting these Greybeards can't be any worse than what has already happened.

After a pleasant, yet unusual visit, Krieg is not sure what to make of all this Dragonborn business. However, he can't deny the power he feels using this.....this Thu'um. He's still a bit skeptical of the Greybeards, but they've taught him how to focus his energy and create a force far beyond anything he's ever thought possible. So this quest they've given him only seems a fair repayment.

Power and strength....even if by some form of magic he doesn't understand, can only serve to bring honor to himself and his clan. So this path will be followed.

Malacath witness our deeds.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:55 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Ran around today and did more side quests on Solstheim. Had to travel back to Skyrim temporarily to examine a Briarheart for Neloth.
Hunts-With-Fury isn't sure what she thought of his memory charm. Sure, he might keep her memories secretive, but she thinks it's likely that he'll see all her embarrassing mistakes and laugh at her. Mainly getting pushed off Bard's Leap Summit by Shadowmere and nearly dying as a result. Bloody horse.

Also found and went through the last Black Books that were left.
Hunts-With-Fury is nearly complete, and her save is nearly toast. Not much longer left now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 126  Next