UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sun Oct 13, 2024 10:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1005 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 41  Next
 Post subject: Re: Your Skyrim Character(s)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:05 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim Legendary
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
UESPoints: 0
Name: Eae
Race: Aurora
Actually: An all white Imperial

An Aurora is something I made up. It is the opposite of a dremora. It is an agent of the aedra. It is very powerful, wise, and moral. Think of it as an angel. They are rarer than dremora, but their power overcomes the dremoras numbers. His specialties are restoration, alteration, one-handed, light armor, enchanting, smithing, and a bit of illusion.

Eae is sent by the divines to act as an agent against the undead, dragons, and other forces of evil. He seeks peace between mortals whenever possible, getting quite liberal with his Calm and Voice of the Emperor powers. Any person or undead that fall to his power he burns with a holy fire, to ensure their mortality and passing from this realm. He doesn't use poison because it is a tool to corrupt the mortal body. He sees animals as a resource for mortals, which are his to protect, so he will kill any animal without hesitation for its resources.

Basically, he's a paladin on steroids. But being a supernatural being allows for fast travel and other logical inconsistencies.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:14 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games: morrowind, oblivion, skyrim
Platform: 360
My current dude is a Khajiit named krii (dragon-speak for kill). Archery 100%, Daedric weapons and armor. Now I'm ready to start the hundreds of quests that I've collected.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:35 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox, 360
For the sake of just noodling around in the game without doing anything important, I created a traveling cheese merchant Orc. Named him Gor gon-Zola.

Cheese is the only thing he loots from dungeons and sells.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:32 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Evil-i wrote:
For the sake of just noodling around in the game without doing anything important, I created a traveling cheese merchant Orc. Named him Gor gon-Zola.

Cheese is the only thing he loots from dungeons and sells.

That is my favorite.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:06 pm 
Layman
Layman

Platform: Xbox, Xbox 360, PC
Name: Atha
Sex: Male
Race: Dunmer
Class: Warlock
Public status: Influential and feared, famous. Respected as the arch-mage of the college of Winterhold, is known to be able to pull strings in all the holds, is rumored to have serious Daedric connections and to have acquired his immense power and wealth via selling his soul to them. Helped stamp out the Stormcloak-uprising during the Skyrim civil war. He is thought to have connections to certain dragons and even to be able to summon them and to make them do his bidding.
Secret status: Has traded his soul with Molag Bal, Mehrunes Dagon, Boethiah and Hircine for success in everything he does and God-like powers. He has already betrayed Hircine by slaying the beast in his soul and plans to free himself from the rest of the princes and get his soul back, once he has subdued all of Northern Tamriel to his whim. He has all the Jarls in his pocket and secretly commands the companions and the dark brotherhood, and in riften he funds the thieves guild. Has spies in the Bards college. He has overthrown the dawnguard, Lord harkon, Stormcloacks and the Vigilants of Stendarr just because he deemed them potential threats. The Blades and the Graybeards he has left withered and controlled. He has proven to Paarthunax his superiority by slaying Alduin, therefore getting Paarthunax's fleet to follow his commands. He is also the leader of the vampire pack living in Castle Volkihar, commanding and restricting the vampiric movement in Skyrim. Being the head of the castle differs to him from all his other standings because this is the only one that he considers an achievement in itself, rather than just means to an end like the other, more public deeds under his belt.
About: Atha is not evil for evils sake, he calculates the most advantage for himself in every scenario and choice he encounters in life, and often that ends up in someone losing their standing or worse. Atha is prepared to defend his vampire wife, himself and the fortune he has amassed against a province-wide uprising by setting up secret warehouses in every large city in Skyrim, where usually the house or mansion in question looks abandoned but has in reality a basement full of riches and arms. Also in every one of these warehouses there is a guardian keeping a low profile but armed with magic scrolls and ebony weapons imported from Southern Morrowind. The greatest of these warehouses is the Leviathan, the impenetrable fort in upper Markath which is armed with enough weapons and arms to equip a small but well paid army residing in camps in Eastern High Rock. With one message Atha could set up his defenses deep in to the bedrock, behind the ancient Dwemer door and hold his own even against Markath itself. Athas wife lives in the great house they built in the Pale, along with several guards from the companions. The great house also serves as a compound and a safe house during minor hostilities.
Stats:
Two-handed: 100
One-handed: 100
Heavy armor: 100
Enchanting: 100
Destruction: 100
Conjuration: 100
Smithing: 100
The rest around 60-80 except Lockpicking, archery, Illusion and pickpocket.
Played since: 11.11.11

This is my main character in Skyrim, but I have also written a few novels based on him but not set in the Elder Scrolls universe.

So if you would please tell me what you think.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:56 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

Race: Kaleen
Name: Rakshasa
He's a demon that currently contracted by the vampire Talah to protect her from powerful Vigilants of Stendarr. Fascinated by the mortal world, He often drags Talah into dangerous situations for the sake of adventure. In combat, he relies on sneak attacks with a bow, followed by summoning swarms of undead.

Heading into Solitude:
Spoiler:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:19 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, all DLC, Oblivion, GoTY and aniversary, arena
Platform: X360/PC, X360/PC, PC.
UESPoints: 2
A new, completely non violent (unless catching butterflies counts) dunmer woman, Miaren.

Not going to use any combat at all, not going to do the main quest. If she gets attacked, then it's a case of pacify spell and run. Also going to be a dead is dead and on master difficulty. Only attack allowed is sun damage on undead...

Main skills - Alchemy (to give some form of income) Illusion, restoration, speech, sneak, Alteration for transmute mineral ore, and hence smithing...

This is going to be difficult...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:38 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Skyrim, Oblivion
Platform: PC
^
Woah! A non-combatant dead is dead character with master difficulty? That indeed sounds pretty difficult... but interesting. Do post in the Dead is Dead -thread. I would like to hear how she manages :D.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:42 pm 
Lord of the Shivering Isles

ES Games: Oblivion:GOTY, Skyrim:Legendary edition
Platform: PS3.
UESPoints: 12
I give her 3 days to a week in Skyrim before she dies.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:47 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Probably... Dead by reaching Arvel the Swift?

Hope not though.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:59 pm 

Most likely due to that massive spider and i think they are immune to pacify spells. Plus, you need to kill it in order to free him. And that's if the bandits have not killed her as well as the Skeevers and wolves. And Sabertooth cats, and giants, and mudcrabs, and dragons and vampires and enchanted sweetrolls and the list goes on.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:18 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

There should be a way around the spider, hopefully it can't fit in the gap. Hmm, free Arvel, Arvel then dies to the spider or the draugr whichever way he runs, collect golden claw...

After a bit more thought, this is my plan for her.

No leveling up to keep the opponent levels down.

Step 1 - Unbound - let Hadvar deal with all the stormcloaks, I'll just keep out of the way, using healing spells.

Step 2 - Join college of Winterhold. Level Illusion up to to whatever level is needed to get the pacify spell from Drevis Noren, which should make every enemy not attack her. (would it be cheating to get Antronachs to fight for her?)

Step 3 - then start playing as normal.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:26 pm 

I think you need to kill it before you can free Arvel. That and you risk being killed in conversation. And the trek to Winterhold will be dangerous. Unless you are planing on using the carriages. I think it would be cheating as you are still causing the deaths due to you unleashing them.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:41 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

That was how I thought conjuration would be.

You don't have to speak to Arvel actually, you can go straight to freeing him. Never tried with the spider still around though...

I've never really understood the opposition to carriage/fast traveling myself, I know you can miss out a bit of skill doing it, but she will need to miss it out...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:15 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Thelastdovah wrote:
I think you need to kill it before you can free Arvel. That and you risk being killed in conversation. And the trek to Winterhold will be dangerous. Unless you are planing on using the carriages. I think it would be cheating as you are still causing the deaths due to you unleashing them.

I think I remember shooting out the web and skipping the spider. I could have just been wishfully thinking that though.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:55 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

tatortodd22 wrote:
Thelastdovah wrote:

I think I remember shooting out the web and skipping the spider. I could have just been wishfully thinking that though.

It is definitely possible to not have to speak to Arvel though, I've done that repeatedly. Most of my characters actually...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:04 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Ok, after a quick bit of gameplay, violence is sadly unavoidable. So I'm adding a single exclusion which is if her life is in significant danger, and the only way to survive is through fighting, then she may use weapons.

So for, say, the fight against Mirmulnir she would use a weapon (it's a fire breathing dragon!) but the average bandit she'll run away from or calm/pacify spell.

(Guess who didn't survive Helgen... *walks away in shame*)

ETA - Attempt 5 saw the exit of the tutorial tunnel, and I never knew Hadvar tells you not to wear stormcloak armour when leaving the tunnel... She has had to give up on her peaceful, non violent ways, repeatedly arriving in Aetherius for processing, only to be told you aren't finished yet and sent back to Nirn gets a bit annoying. (my excuse for allowing loading savegames for dead characters...)

Wrong attempt number...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:02 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Oblivion, Morrowind, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360, PS3
Name: Karanak Gro-Balog

Sex: Male

Race: Orc

Class: Orcish Commando

Public Status: In the public sector, Karanak's name is well known and respected. Commonly, his name is associated with his political influence as the Thane of Hjaalmarch, Haafingar, The Reach, Whiterun, and The Rift. He is a wealthy and affluent man, especially for an Orc from one of the isolated Fortresses spread out across the far reaches of Tamriel, he is rumored to have collected this wealth through rather unscrupulous means, ranging from the usage of the Theives' Guild to the murder of his fellows. However, these rumors were quickly stamped out after it was said that he was the one to pierce Ulfric's heart with an Imperial Blade and with the confirmation of him being the Dragonborn, many have chosen to obey his commands out of fear.

Private Status: In his private life, Karanak is truly a pragmatic individual. The most apt term for his profession would be "Mercenary", however his servants in his estates refrain from using the term openly around him for fear of enraging the Orc. Currently, he works from the shadows across Skyrim, orchestrating plots and schemes that place him in a position of great power and influence. He is, in fact both the Guildmaster of the Theives' Guild and the current listener of the Dark Brotherhood, which is the origin of a minority of his wealth. The rest comes from his work across Skyrim, with his many business ventures in Riften with the Black-Briar family and a few endeavors with the Silver-Blood family in Markarth. Currently, he is actively working to equip an elite group of mercenaries to act as his own personal shock attack group, based out of his mansion in Solitude.

About/History: Karanak was born in the mountains of High Rock in a, now razed to the ground, fortress of Orcs. There he trained and one day decided to set out on his own to live amongst the many other peoples of Tamriel. He arranged for his mother, the Mistress of the Forge, to craft him a fine suit of Orcish armor and weapons. After a week of waiting, he finally set off on his journey, looking to see the world and then one day rule the fortress on his own. However, fate has a twisted sense of humor. After arriving in Jeanna, he had received news that his fortress had been burned to the ground, his family slaughtered. So, he decided to make his own name for himself. He traipsed across the land slaying bandits, guarding petty nobles, smashing in faces, and intimidating the locals, always for a nice clean price. Eventually he made his way to the Imperial City where he worked for the local Thieves' Guild. Mostly, he was just insurance to make sure that the small fry crime bosses didn't get any funny ideas. Over time he began developing his stealth skills and took on small-time heists here and there for some small pocket change. He became a trusted (or however much you can be trusted in a band of theives) member of his guild, and was subsequently being sent to Skyrim in order to sort out their guild's problems. That's when he got caught in an Imperial raid...

Skills:
Two-Handed: 76
Heavy Armor: 84
Sneak: 99
Lockpick: 78
Archery: 50
Pickpocket: 35
Alchemy: 55

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:17 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: All of them
How bad would this page lag up if I posted 82 pics and Bios?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:53 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Xarnac the Conqueror wrote:
How bad would this page lag up if I posted 82 pics and Bios?

Spoiler tags if you really must...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:35 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PS3, XBOX 360
Name: Malekith, Formerly praised and honoured as 'the Great', today he is cursed and feared as the Witch King.
Race: Altmer
Religion: Specifically chosen Deadra. First amongst them is The Prince of Plots, Boethiah
Role: the undisputed lord and master of the Aldmeri Dominion
Birth: roughly 2E, Fifth Century
Skills: Blade, Illusion, Alteration, Destruction
traits: Arrogant, paranoid, ruthless, Extremely cunning, smart, despot

Backstory:

Malekith is the son of the legendary Aenarion The King of the Altmer, and of his second wife, Queen Morathi. He was born roughly in the Fifth Century of the Second Era. And raised in Alinor, the Capital and seat of power in the Summerset Isles.

After the death of his father, the Altmer princes gathered to choose their new King. Malekith, who was Aenarion's son, an experienced warrior, a mighty wizard and a successful general, was the obvious choice. But The Council of Princes believed Malekith was too much like his father, He was short-tempered and and preferred to resolve disputes with violence. they also feared the influence Morathi (She was believed to have consorted with Deadric Princes) had over both her husband and son. believing that such a war-like ruler was unsuitable to rule in a time of peace, the princes elected Alinor, Prince of Lillandril, instead. Realising the perfidy of the Princes, His Mother flew into a rage. On the surface, Malekith took the decision well; he even silenced the public outcry from his mother and the Altmer that served for his Father.
Years later, Malekith travelled far and wide in search of greater power and glory, He visited many lands including Akavir. After many centuries away from home, Malekith eventually returned to the Summerset Isles, only to find his homeland on the brink of civil war. The Cult of Boethiah had begun to take hold of the Altmer Society. In truth, Malekith was in league with the Cult; Morathi was the cult's high priestess. Malekith was using the war to destabilise the Isles and raise an army for the next stage of his plan.

After many years of plotting, Malekith made his move; he murdered King Alinor in secret, claimed the King had been part of the cult and had taken the cowards route rather than be brought forth before the princes, he had poisoned himself before he could be rightfully tried. Many of the Princes were not swayed by Malekiths speech and denounced him as a murderer and a traitor. Malekith called forth the ruling Princes and demanded the crown pass to him, Realising they wouldn't give it willingly, Malekith tried to take the crown by force; he and his followers slaughtered most of the princes in the temple. As the blood was spilt upon the marble floor, Malekith tried to merge the Magical energies of the crown with his own, but the Psijic Order intervened and consumed Malekith along with the crown with Flames of Magnus. Malekiths screams echoed around the chamber, silencing the fighting. Flames engulfed Malekiths body, With a final shriek of agony, he hurled himself out of the flames.

As Malekith's followers fled with there masters remains, Morathi communed with Boethiah and a gate to the realm of Oblivion opened. they fled into the realms greatest city, Naggaroth were Morathi nursed him back to health, she poured her dark magic into him, sustaining his soul in its blackest. Centuries after the civil war ceased, Malekith's followers integrated deeply into Elvish society. These War-like Elves would soon become the Aldmeri Dominion, All part of Malekith's vile and everlasting plan to take the throne of the Elves. His twisted hatred towards his kin is felt across Tamriel as his Dominion is intent upon the complete and utter capitulation and subjugation of lesser races. Within Naggaroth, upon the tallest black Citadel know as the Tower of Cold, Is the seat of power for Malekith. With the help of his mother, They rule Naggaroth and the Aldmeri Dominion with an Iron grip. The sorceries of Malekith enable him to look out to the whole world from the height of his tower, to direct his gaze wherever his malicious intents demand. From his chambers at the very top of the Citadel, The Witch King bends his thoughts and eyes to the mist-shrouded Isles of Summerset, forever staring at the prize he so desperately wishes to claim.

Many events upon Tamriel have given Malekith the opportunity to unfold his plans. The warring Dynasties over control of the dominion allow malekith to keep the lesser Thalmor lords in check. The Oblivion Crises allowed his dominion to self-proclaim its victory and brand Malekith the saviours of all Mer. Several Artefacts that Malekith can use and twist to his vision lie hidden amongst the world, But being a hollow shell of his former glory, He is still a fearsome warrior and a great sorcerer as He travels across the land seeking treasures of great power.

And lo, he shall rule with a dark hand and his shadow shall touch upon every land. Steel will be his skin and fire will be his blood, in hatred will he conquer all before him. No blade forged of Man, Dwarf or Elf shall endure him fear.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:25 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

She's back, too nice a character not to, only this time on easiest.

Not as pretty as last time either...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:28 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Morrowind (Bloodmoon, tribunal), Oblivion, Skyrim (+ HF, DB, DG)
Platform: PC, PS3
1st character: pretty much stereotype Nord character discovering he's Dovahkiin and tries to live up to his myth by helping Skyrim and its citizens in any way possible, never straying from the path of righteousness.

new character: Dunmer descendant of the Nerevarine. the Nerevarine attained great power and wealth in Morrowind, being the leader of all guilds and factions, hortator of the great Houses etc... After Morrowind's destruction, all this dwindles and the character is the only survivor of the family. He sets out to honor his ancestors (as only a true Dunmer would) by trying to attain the same power and respect as the Nerevarine. Chance brought him to Skyrim, and now he's set out to take the province by storm, choosing the Imperial side. This would allow him to climb high in their ranks and expand his power to other provinces with an imperial army at his command.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:39 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: All of them
Vycio II the Pious, or the Black

Class/Occupation: Inquisitor Magistrate, Witchfinder General of Haafingar

Weapons: Veredictum the Inquisitor's Penance (axe), Stendarr's Desideratum (embalming torture tool), Arkay's Truth (embalming torture tool)

Vycio II the Pious Circa 4E 201

The Church's stance on Heresy and Divination:

The first Imperial Inquisition was a religious proxy war waged by pro Nine worship against upstart reformists and sympathetic Mer, beginning in the latter part of the 3rd Era. When the Eight and One rhetoric was revived during the Oblivion Crisis, the Imperial Church employed several Cardinals through simony in an attempt to quell the opposing agenda. Tasked with bringing heretics and false prophets to flame, the first Inquisition was appointed in censoring the belief that Talos was once man, and that the "Eight and One" Dogma was a blasphemous claim. Many enemies of the church were brought in, tortured and executed - most of which were innocent and ignorant of the church's prerogative in the Talos debate. In 433 3E, the Imperial Cardinals were given regulatory commissions on their secretive work and were officially placed within the Pantheon of Nonet (or Ennead in Mid-Cyrod), which was in direct opposition to the Knights of the Nine reprisal. The Knights were seen as blasphemers that perpetrated a false corruption of a true belief and were hunted down during the Stormcrown Interregnum. With the Church's agenda intact, the Pantheon of the Nine was completely restored for the Medic Empire, and the first Imperial Inquisition ended.

When the Great War began, the Church reaffirmed their position on the Nine, only to be undermined by the White-Gold Concordat. After the treaty, the Nonet was absolved and replaced by advocates of Thalmor policies. The Inquisitor's sect that was once tasked with spreading the true faith of the Nine, has now been reprogrammed to preach the Gospel of the Eight.

Vycio II the Pious:

Vycio II is the grandson of Vycio the Confessor, Archmagister of the First Imperial Inquisition (infamous for his long winded confessions and bizarre flagellant practices). The only true correlation between grandson and grandfather is that they both had amusing cads as pages. Vycio I was touched mad with syphilitic dementia, while Vycio II is a religious celibate. The Confessor couldn't pass a temple without giving several offerings of penance, while the Second finds such exercises archaically futile and "going through the motion of an ignorance past." Other than name and blood, their personal scruples and professional work couldn't be farther apart.

Vycio the Pious is judge, jury and executioner to the same people the church would have protected and martyred an Era ago. Persecuted Argonian Shamans, High Rock Witches, Cannibalistic Bosmer and Animistic degenerates have been replaced by the common Cyro-Nord. A harbinger of the new Imperial Church, Vycio makes no distinction between augury, occultism and the worshipers of Talos. A true religious hypocrite, his agenda is that of his benefactor's. Public displays of dolor in Solitude have become the norm during the Second Inquisition - with Vycio II leading the banner of the Novum Ecclesia.

Vycio II brings justice to divination.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:59 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Other Profiles: Xbox: SargentLipton35
Please put it in spoilers.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1005 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 41  Next