UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sun Oct 13, 2024 2:21 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1005 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 41  Next
 Post subject: Re: Your Skyrim Character(s)
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:00 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Oblivion, Morrowind, Skyrim
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 25
Race: Altmer
Name: Baldr. Doesn't sound Altmer-like at all and I am fully aware of that. This is not his real name; he was born Aurelion but chose to call himself in a more Nord-like way when he left home as a teenager. This happens when your father is a die-hard Thalmor and you can't stand his guts.
Majors (yay for high education terminology!): One-Handed, Two-Handed, Heavy Armor, Smithing, Alchemy (solely for healing potions), Archery (because there comes a time in a fellow's life when he realizes that he can't just hack at a dragon with a greatsword).
Factions: pretty much only the Companions. He sympathizes with the Stormcloaks but distrusts Ulfric, so I don't think he will join. Mainly occupies himself with running about doing misc helpful quests for the people of Skyrim and just exploring the land he has grown to love so much. Oh, and slaying dragons. Naturally. :wink:
Spoiler:

But why bounce around to the same damn song?
You'd rather run when you can't crawl...

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 3:15 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Skyrim Morrowind
Platform: Xbox 360
UESPoints: 0
:mrgreen:

Last edited by Alduin's Bane on Sun May 13, 2012 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 3:18 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Skyrim Morrowind
Race:Khajiit
Name:Rift
Skills:Archery illusion alteration conjuration smithing archery heavy armor light armor sneak
speech and destruction
Very long right. He is an imperial soldier in the theives guild and the dark brotherhood also a companion. Also college of winterhold
killed 30 dragons and learned many shouts currently level 46

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 4:49 am 
Guardian
Guardian

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO
Platform: PC, Xbox
Other Profiles: Creator Of All (Xbox)
This is my Breton Assassin that I;ve been playing for the last month or so. I havn;t spent all my waking hours on him, but he's probably my favourite character so far.

Race: Breton
Speciality: Stealth
Highest Skills:
Archery: 58
Sneak: 72
Speech: 50
1H: 50
Light Armour: 44
Enchanting: 61
Smithing: 50
Alchemy: 38

Note: I havn't invested ANY perks on Smithing or Enchanting, I only use them to upgrade/enchant items before I sell them.

I somehow feel that if the mods were all gods.. Believe would surely be the God of Awesome and Booze

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:23 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

UESPoints: 1
Name: Bob
Race: High Elf
Purpose: Generally role-playing a magic student.
Class: Wizard (Destruction, Conjuration mainly)
Backstory: From Cheydinhal, Cyrodiil, he was an Altmer raised to be a farmer. However, aged 30 (Elves are rather longer-lived than men, clearly), he decided he wanted to be a mage. He ran from his family, and joined the Synod. When he decided they weren't for him, he nearly went home. Then he heard of the College. He still wanted to be a mage, and so he set out north from the Synod hall in Bruma. When he was crossing the Pale Pass, he was caught in an ambush where some rebels and Imperials clashed. He was taking to Helgen, but still intends to learn from the Masters at the College.

Three does not equal three.
-unknown Redditor.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 8:07 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
UESPoints: 14
Name: Vindicus
Class: Full-on mage
Purpose: Thalmor-supporting Dragon Priest hunter
Backstory: Raised in Summerset Isle, Vindicus dreamed of joining the Thalmor before his adventuring urge got the better of him. He traveled Tamriel, finally deciding to visit Skyrim and join the College of Winterhold. He still intends to help the Thalmor in any way he can. :Twisted Evil:

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 1:29 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
EpicAbrad wrote:
Backstory: Raised in Summerset Isle, Vindicus dreamed of joining the Thalmor before his adventuring urge got the better of him. He traveled Tamriel, finally deciding to visit Skyrim and join the College of Winterhold. He still intends to help the Thalmor in any way he can. :Twisted Evil:

You, sir, are a traitor to Talos. And the goodness of Tamriel.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 1:32 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO
Platform: PC, Xbox
Other Profiles: Creator Of All (Xbox)
SFK363 wrote:
EpicAbrad wrote:

Talos is a dick anyway.
Although the Thalmor are [censored] too.
I only like them cos Ulfric is my most hated video game character ever. Even worse then Dr Robotnic.

I somehow feel that if the mods were all gods.. Believe would surely be the God of Awesome and Booze

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 4:10 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
SFK363 wrote:

Not a traitor to Talos if he's an Altmer.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 4:34 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

I just love inciting controversy![/sarcasm]

Glyre wrote:
SFK363 wrote:

Eggs-actly. To clear things up, I don't like the Thalmor at all (they're a bunch of elf Nazis) but it's fun to play the bad guy once in a while, and I was making an Altmer mage anyway, so I just thought, why not?

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 4:44 pm 
Novice
Novice

Glyre wrote:
SFK363 wrote:

Oh, but did you not read? His character helps the Thalmor in any way possible.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:20 am 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games: Skyrim
I just thought of a new character. It's more of a unique original character and not some attempt at making the biggest bad asses possible. Might be fun for RP.

The Troll Hunter
The Troll Hunter's job is obvious. He/she hunts trolls. The skills and perks used take advantage of that. Trolls regenerate fast and are weak to fire, they're strong and they get up close to pound face. A troll hunter has skills in alchemy (his only method of healing) and uses the ingredients found on trolls. One of the effects on Troll Fat is fortify two-handed. The troll hunter uses a two handed axe (causes bleeding damage to counter troll regeneration) coated with poison and enchanted with fire.

Perks:
Alchemy - Alchemist (5/5), Physician, Benefactor, Poisoner, Concentrated Poison
Two-Handed - All except Deep Wounds and Skullcrusher
Block - Shield Wall (1/5), Quick Reflexes
Heavy Armor - All
Smithing - Up to Daedric
Enchanting - Enchanter (5/5), Fire Enchanter, Insightful Enchanter, Soul Squeezer, Soul Siphon

For Race I was thinking probably a Nord, and for the shout, obviously Fire Breath.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:18 am 
Layman
Layman

Name: Waylas
Race: Redguard
Class/Playstyle: Pirate, Scimitar only

Background: Waylas became an orphan after his family was killed during the Aldmeri Dominion invasion attempt. Having no guidance, he grew up with a life of crime and violence, surviving anyway he could. After a ship captain took notice of his infamy, he offered Waylas a job as a deckhand and sailor on his ship. Waylas soon found out the ship was geared towards piracy, and fit right in.

Years went by full of plundering, ship takeovers, theiving ... Anything to gain riches and make everyone stay out of the crew's way. Waylas began to feel out of place as his inner need to avenge his family's death made him a loner, and the crew began to resent him as he would always take it upon himself to lead the charge and some thought mutany would be in the future.

Sailing towards Solitude planning to raid, the crew desides to try and kill Waylas and leave him for dead. With a dagger wound in his gut, Waylas washes on shore and tries to avoid the law and almost makes it to the border when he is captured mistaken as a Stormcloak rebel. Short after his escape, he makes a vow to find his own way and to do so with any means necessary. Highly skilled with the blade, he ventures to violently take down the Thalmor and explore along the way to gain riches.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:35 am 
The New Number Two
The New Number Two

ES Games: Mw, Ob, Sk
UESPoints: 1
Khaajit sorceror/assassin

known as "Prisoner" as he has told no one his name in Skyrim (mainly due to the nord treatment of him and his race)

I'm trying to plan the perks a bit more than with my main character, but so far i am fully into stealth, and plan to get illusion, lightning (i want to unlock dual cast stagger and disintegrate for lightning) - the zoom perk in marksman, and beheading one in blade are also definite must buys

prisoner will rely on poisons to get the damage he needs to take on higher level enemies (he's about 26th level at the moment), but am way behind on the illusion score, plan to train and practice when i go to winterhold.

So far am doing the imperial civil war story and thieves guild, really enjoyed the honey mansion stealth mission for the TG, reminded me a lot of SCC

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 8:24 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
SFK363 wrote:
Oh, but did you not read? His character helps the Thalmor in any way possible.

Being a traitor requires betrayal or treachery. As an Altmer from the Summerset Isles he presumably would have never worshipped Talos in the first place and so there was never any loyalty or reverence shown to Talos in the first place. Now, an Imperial who had been a priest of Talos but then turned against Talos and actively sought to harm his followers and eliminate Talos worship would be a traitor.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 8:51 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Well, I'm honoured, but there's no need to get into an argument about my character. I already posted my motive:
EpicAbrad wrote:
To clear things up, I don't like the Thalmor at all (they're a bunch of elf Nazis) but it's fun to play the bad guy once in a while, and I was making an Altmer mage anyway, so I just thought, why not?

And yes, anyone who is part of or supports the Thalmor wouldn't believe in Talos anyway. Now, let's end the argument here. No need to spam.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 4:48 am 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim, and Morrowind
Platform: PC and PS3
Name: Hunter
Race: Nord
Sex: Male
Social Class: Thane
Home: Honeyside in Riften
Birthday: 28th of Sun's Dawn
Current Follower: Iona (Housecarl)
Former Followers: Ahtar and Sven
Preferred Weapon: Steel Mace or Longbow
Stone: The Lady
Primary Combat Skills: One-Handed, Light Armour, Archery
Spouse: Sylgia
Spouse's Home: Shor's Stone (He goes to visit every week or so)
Supports: Neutral, but will fight Imperial Soldiers attacking the Rift.
(Dead is Dead, Adept, no compass)

Story:
Born in Skyrim to the steward of a a middle class noble family in Solitude. He moved to Cyrodiil during the war against the Aldmeri Dominion because Lord Tapin, head of the family, was called back to lead a company of soldiers. He lived in Cyrodiil until the year 201. Then, he decided he wanted to travel to Skyrim, his homeland. On his way into Skyrim he met up with a group of soldiers who shared food and warmth with him. Then, Imperial soldiers attacked and he was captured along with the Stormcloaks. When Alduin attacked he escaped with the soldier Hadvar to a nearby village called Riverwood. He stayed in Riverwood for a few weeks doing various jobs. A young man named Sven offered to guide him to Whiterun, the next town ahead. Hunter stopped in Whiterun for a few days before heading off to Solitude by carriage. He stayed in Solitude for a about two months before he got bored. He wanted to go exploring. His recent friend, Ahtar, agreed to hold onto his valuables and Hunter set out in the world with nothing but his clothes, a bow, and sword&shield. He was lost in the wilderness for days, maybe even a week, before he came across a town in the distance. Windhelm, it was called. He had no coin, so when he entered the town he resorted to grabbing a vegetable or two from a street merchant. He failed. He was jailed. When he was released he decided to head back to Whiterun. In Whiterun he took on some work from the locals. After procuring a good amount of money he headed south. He eventually came across Riften. He explored the lands of the Rift for days, travelling around. He visited Ivarstead and Shor's Stone. He helped out the locals and met a kind woman named Sylgia. Then he headed into Riften. The guard at the gate told him he would have to pay a tax to get in. He paid the tax. Right after this, a group of Imperial soldiers ran up and started attacking the guards. Hunter got mixed up in the fight, and got confused for an Imperial Soldier. He was thrown in jail. After he got out, he decided he would try and redeem his good name. He joined the Rift Guard (got my armour from the place near Shor's Stone) and helped as many citizens as he could. He even brought down an illegal drug dealing organization! The Jarl recognized his great deeds and offered him a the title of Thane if he bought a home in Riften. He didn't have the money, so he declined the offer. Over the course of the next few weeks he got married to Sylgia, retired from the guard, and went to live in Shor's Stone. A few months later, there was an Imperial attack on the village (i stole something so thugs would come after me) and Hunter picked up his armour again to fight them off. He eventually killed them and searched the area for any remaining soldiers. He came across a tower filled with dead guards, and a note promising reinforcements. Enraged by the deaths of the guards, decided it was time to come out of retirement. Time to defend the Rift. He headed straight to Riften and spoke with the Jarl. He bought Honeyside and gained the title of Thane. He cleared out a few forts being controlled by bandits in the Rift, and a dog fighting ring, and ended up making quite a bit of money. He decided to purchase an alchemy table and attempt making a few potions. He had always had an interest in alchemy, ever since he read the tale of the Halfsilver Alchemist. (Yes, that is serious. I couldn't think of a good reason for him to be suddenly interested in alchemy)

I hope you don't mind my awful writing skills.

Pro-Imperial/Pro-Parthurnaax
Anti-Thalmor/Anti-Stormcloak/Anti-Blades

Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 1:26 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: I, II, III, IV, V
Sel93 wrote:
Pic:

Spoiler:

A but off topic but, how did you get such high quality in that pic?! I have yet to see any game picture of that quality.

Hidden:

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 2:10 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: GOTY Morrowind, GOTY Oblivion, Skyrim + Expansions, ESO
Platform: Pc, Ps3, X360
Race: Nord
Weapons: Anduril (King sword from LOTR)

Name: Braveheart (Looks like braveheart from the movie braveheart)

Story: Originally lived in skyrim as a stormcloak, wasnt popular among most and very few new his name, mysteeriously lost all memory after captured by imperials for being part of the rebellion, began a new life leading the companions and married aela to live a life together as the werewolf couple. Thinking he'd be a useful warrior, he rejoined with the stormcloaks and immediatly became Ulfrics favourite after discovering his Dovahkiin powers.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 2:19 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: GOTY Morrowind, GOTY Oblivion, Skyrim + Expansions, ESO
Platform: Pc, Ps3, X360
Believe wrote:
SFK363 wrote:
EpicAbrad wrote:

Talos is a dick anyway.
Although the Thalmor are [censored] too.
I only like them cos Ulfric is my most hated video game character ever. Even worse then Dr Robotnic.

I happen to like talos, and Ulfric is my second fav, to Martin cuz hes played by Sean Bean and hes also just badass

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 2:13 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, Morrowind
UESPoints: 7
I like wearing Ulfric's clothing. My Imperial assassin looks good enough to eat in them. Thanks Ulfric! :D

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 6:51 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Skyrim, Oblivion
The second character I created and currently my favorite of the four.

Name: Yakov
Level: 42

Watch him dance on the Throat of the World

Class: Mage
Primary skills: Conjuration, Destruction, Alteration, Enchanting
Current Follower: None. After losing two, he decided he's better off by himself. He doesn't actually even need them.
Former Followers: Brelyna Maryon and Belrand

Character description:

- Generally calm and law-abiding but with a power hungry streak. Often has an ulterior motive but hides it under a pleasant demeanour. Would rather do things peacefully if given the possibility.

- Former Thalmor empathizer who then decided they are all a bunch of morons who lack the intelligence to at least keep the basic level of diplomacy and formality. Still thinks they could be of use though and plays undercover, jumping from one faction to other and making friends all around Skyrim but with no actual loyalties to anyone.

- Though generally very calm, he sometimes has pretty ugly rage-moments. Like when one particular Thalmor patrol finally made him decide his true opinion about the faction, they were rather brutally slaughtered and then resurrected to walk around as half-naked zombies. He wasn’t very proud of that =P

Factions:

- Is an Arch-mage of the College of Winterhold. Aims to repair the relations between the college and Winterhold’s residents. (If only I really could do this in the game =P)

- Joined the Companions out of spite (and to uphold his public image), only so he could prove to “those uneducated barbarians” that magic gets things done just as well (actually, better) than they do. Has only used sword once during the whole deal.

- Thanks to being a companion, is also a werewolf.

- In the Civil War he opted to support the Imperials. However, he has no real ties to the cause and only saw it as means to destroy a potential enemy and further his own plans (whatever they might be =P).

- Would never join the Thieves Guild or Dark Brotherhood. Sees no reason to resort to petty thievery, nor has any desire to start murdering people just because someone is telling him to. Has outright flipped Brynjolf off (and instead went to find Esbern by his own accord) and if he ever came face to face with Astrid, would kill her without a second thought. (She has sent many assassins after him so he doesn’t exactly have a high opinion of their “pathetic little club of incompetent murderers”.)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:48 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: Arena, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC, PS3
Well, I have several characters, including a Nord Warrior, Redguard mercenary, Altmer mage, Orc badass, and a Dunmer assassin who I will be using as a vampire in the Dawnguard DLC. However, I don't have a character I feel fits in with the actual Dawnguard faction. So, without further ado...

Name: Marcus Aurelius
Race: Imperial
Class: Vampire Hunter (of course)
Skills: One-Handed, Archery (really going to make use of those crossbows!), Light Armor (I hope this is the right choice... I'm just assuming that new padded armor is light), Enchanting (for Fire Damage on weapons), and Sneak (though I probably won't put any perks into this one)

I plan to use only silver weapons for melee until I get my enchanting level up to a satisfactory number. That is, until I get my hands on Dawnbreaker. I will only join the Companions to become a werewolf (maybe) and obtain a silver sword. I'll try to avoid the main quest as long as possibe. I'll probably to do the first mission for Balgruuf when the DLC is about to be released, but only to bring dragons into the world. Because, you know, I want to see a swimming dragon.

Brief Backstory:
Marcus is one of the most respected and accomplished members of the Order of the Virtuous Blood. He has slain countless vampires all throughout Tamriel, of various clans, and is currently embarking on an expedition to Skyrim. The Order has caught wind of a plot to create a haven for vampires under the leadership of the legendary vampire hunter-turned-vampire, Movarth Piquine. However, they have no idea of his location or exact plans, but have put their trust in Marcus to eradicate the threat.

Marucs caught his first lead near the Cyrodil-Skyrim border and followed his query, a lone vampire traveling North. It was almost dawn when the vampire took refuge within a cave. Marcus made camp with plans of capturing and interrogating the vampire at daybreak, when the creature would be at its weakest. Not long after the sun arose, Marcus made his move. He entered the cave and took the fledgling vampire unawares. It was a simple task for Aurelius, an accomplished hunter, to subdue the vampire, who was obviously new to his curse. The vampire, desperate to keep his immortality, told Marcus everything he knew. Unfortunately, that wasn't much. But, Marcus now had a destination in mind. Morthal.

Marcus slayed the vile creature, gathered his belongings and headed north for Morthal. Unfortunately, Marcus stumbled right into a trap. He came across a gathering of Nords with blue fabric strewn across their armor. Stormcloaks, they called themselves. They were skeptical of Marcus, an Imperial, at first, but allowed them into their camp after he had impressed them with stories of his hunts. Soon after, the group was ambushed by Imperial soldiers. Surrounded and outnumbered, the Stormcloaks had no choice but to surrender, and Marcus along with them. The Imperial soldiers believed Marcus to be one of the Stormcloaks, and would not hear otherwise.

He was carted into Helgen the next day, along with a horse thief, a Stormcloak soldier, and the rebellion's leader, Ulfric Stormcloak. He was sentenced to execution. When thrust upon the chopping block, he accepted failure and was ready to die. But then, a most unexpected thing happened. A dragon attacked the city, and Marcus was free! With his head still on his shoulders, his mission was born anew. After escaping Helgen with the aid of his new ally, Ralof of Riverwood, Marcus Aurelius set out for Morthal.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:02 pm 
Warder
Warder

Just starting a new character ready for Dawnguard.

Njal Stormborn
Nord
Only level 6, just reached Whiterun (is it me or is that city based on Edoras in the LOTR films) so not really set on any way of playing as yet. Think he will be thieving priest (sort of Skyrim TV Evangelist type).
He is the cousin of my previous Nord character Rima Stormborn and is seaching to find out what happended to her as she has disappeared.
Will mainly relying on Lightning spells and enchantments when he levels up a bit more.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:55 pm 
Associate
Associate

Platform: PS3, PC
Here is a character that I will be playing and I'm really looking forward to testing and will most likely be my first character playthrough of Dawnguard.

Name: Vincent Dufont

Race: Breton

Playstyle: Crowd Control Spellsword/Thief

Major Skills: Illusion, Alteration, One Hand

Minor Skills: Sneak, Restoration, Pickpocket

Support Skills: Smithing, Enchanting, Speech

RP: Vincent Dufont comes from a prestigious family in Daggerfall, he's the youngest child of the family with several older brother and three other sisters.Vincent spent much of his early life learning from some of the best tutors that Daggerfall had to offer, as was custom for royal families. During this time, Vincent excelled at the mastery of the arcane, heavily favoring the subtle art of Illusion, which also helped him greatly in the politics and espionage among the Daggerfall royal families. However, Vincent decided that it was best to leave his family behind after the death of his father, in which his siblings began a blood feud between each other over their fathers' estates and fortunes. After faking his own death, Vincent has decided to head to Skyrim in search of adventure, fortune, fine ale and even finer women.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1005 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 41  Next