UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2024 6:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 'What You Did in Skyrim Today' Thread
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:41 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, Morrowind
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 7
Felina FINALLY joined the Thieve's Guild after all these years of going back and forth on it. They might not appreciate her deadly approach tho...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:26 pm 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox
Other Profiles: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
UESPoints: 14
What ya think Dovha :D

~Forever a UESP user~
[?]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:51 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, Online
Platform: PC (I - V, O), Xbox 360 (IV, V)
Other Profiles: JumboWheat01 (XBL/Steam/PSN/ESO)
UESPoints: 3
Dohva. wrote:
Felina FINALLY joined the Thieve's Guild after all these years of going back and forth on it. They might not appreciate her deadly approach tho...

That's one thing I like about the Thieves' Guild. It's like a personal challenge, just how well can I go without hurting (HURTING!) anyone. As long as your deadly approach is stealth based, you should be fine, just sneaky-sneaky. If you're more of the straight forward type, however...

I've been thinking of restarting (again, The Elder Scrolls games are the worst for my restartitis,) Skyrim with an Altmer. It's been a while since I've played one in Skyrim, and I've been enjoying this Atronach Sorcerer Altmer I'm playing on Oblivion. Might do the same, though chucking Alteration instead of Illusion for Heavy Armor.

Update:
I did restart, but it was with my Argonian again, going with a "barbarian-ish" build, and having a blast. Plus I just did the Lost to the Ages quest in my hunt for getting all the achievements on my 360 copy, and I discovered that I loved that quest. Simple, enjoyable, and gave me a reason to pull out my map that came with Skyrim when I bought it.

Plus all that dwemer metal! Crafting so many dwemer arrows boosted my blacksmithing skill so much. I'm glad I snagged dwarven crafting, even though I'm focusing on the light armor side.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:26 am 
Undecided
Undecided

ES Games: Oblivion (SI); Skyrim (DB)
Platform: Steam, XBox
Other Profiles: DarkSpark135
UESPoints: 5
Went to Ivarstead in the middle of the night and cut down Narfi for the Dark Brotherhood. I was unsure if I could kill him in one strike, so I used a paralytic poison. He did die on contact, and the poison froze his body in a casual standing position. To hide the death I propped his body up against the railing of his house just like Weekend at Bernie's.

Casandra: At the moment, the deadliest weapon at my disposal is a goblin's head on a stick. I'd be worried if this was the plan.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:58 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind (GOTY), Oblivion (GOTY), ESOTU
Other Profiles: Steam: damonmcknight
UESPoints: 0
Thanks to being absent-minded (as per the usual when it comes to my life) and forgetting that I had started using Frostfall the other day with this new character, I took a dip in frigid water to look for clam meat, snag a fish or two, and grab some Nordic Barnacles because I wanted them for alchemy purposes. Nordic Barnacles are not worth dying for, unlike the riches found in a long-lost treasure chest although at the same time, that's not worth dying for, because it's hard to spend money when you're frozen to death.

Notes to self: Next time make sure to (1) remember I decided it would be cool and immersive to deal with exposure, (2) make sure I have enough firewood on-hand before taking a swim so that I don't have to look while hypothermic, and (3) pre-set the campsite and fire before taking a swim so that I can rush straight back to the fire and warm-up and dry off without having to lose time to being ill-prepared to swim in a game where even the environment can now kill me.

Oh my love, Anastasia, this may be our last goodbye.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:13 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I made my way to Sky Haven Temple at long last, after plenty of faffing about doing other random things. Considering the dragon threat is probably urgent, I should probably take things a bit more seriously and drink less mead at the tavern with Sofia and Lydia

Spoiler:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:28 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Well, in trying to impress my kid with Skyrim, Sylmire the High Elf ended up racking a 1000 gold bounty in Whiterun for killing a handful of guards. He wanted to see how ice storm spell worked...so I showed him.

*shrug*

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:07 am 
Undecided
Undecided

Entered and cleared Ragnvald for the very first time. Too genre-savvy to appreciate the sight of the skull keys unlocking the sarcophagus. While slinking away from it to find a good killing perch, I may have glimpsed backwards for a moment to see the locking rings sliding down, but I've seen too many movies to end up being the schmuck who leans over a rumbling coffin that had been locked for gods-know-when.

Casandra: At the moment, the deadliest weapon at my disposal is a goblin's head on a stick. I'd be worried if this was the plan.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:38 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I’ve had more than my fair share of brilliant ideas whilst traveling the lands of Skyrim. Unfortunately, it seems like departing from Winterhold in the middle of an afternoon blizzard without a horse was not one of them despite my surviving the incident.

Gonna have to stop departing from places in horrible weather, because it’s not the first time it’s nearly been the death of me.

Evelyssa Ashcroft, my Breton mage that I made to run through the College of Winterhold questline at long last (a fun questline so far), is hunched over some coals inside Fort Kastav. It was a pretty close call, and it came down to a swig of alto wine and a handheld torch to slow my almost freezing to death just enough to shock the hell out of those skeletons and necromancers that were keeping me from getting inside the fort proper to warm up. Good thing I had a follower to aid me, or I'd surely be dead.

Next stop is Mzulft to follow a lead on the Staff of Magnus... In the morning. Didn't get into Windhelm until late at night, and I need food and supplies to continue adventuring.

Spoiler:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:14 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Damon wrote:
I’ve had more than my fair share of brilliant ideas whilst traveling the lands of Skyrim. Unfortunately, it seems like departing from Winterhold in the middle of an afternoon blizzard without a horse was not one of them despite my surviving the incident.

LMAO! Oh, man. Those are seriously the worst! I'm glad you made it lol!

Felina is having marital problems.

Part of the reason it's enjoyable playing video games in the living room now is that my entire family can watch the chaos happen. Aside from our son egging me on to kill all of the guards in Whiterun using ice storm spells and dragon shouts (on Sylmirie's character, who now has a bounty in Whiterun she cannot afford to pay), I get precious comments from time to time.

Like the one about Felina and Onmund's marriage. Not sure what's going on inside Onmund's head, but lately he's been an absolute hot mess. He no longer cooks meals, he attacks poor Meeko on the reg, and his battle skills are much to be desired. Getting stuck in doorways, getting lost in the sea, getting killed by Draugr overlords and having to be brought back to life by his one and only, allowing himself to get jumped in dungeons and fighting back when it's nearly too late, and costing his sweet wife her life...almost.

So my own husband hears me complain about Onmund, time and time again, and eventually last night to me he says, "well, maybe Felina needs to start laying Onmund and then there wouldn't be so many problems."

:shock: WOW. I hadn't thought of that! You know, come to think of it, it has been a hella long time since they slept in a bed together.

So lo' and behold, Felina and Onmund sleep in a bed together, she gets lover's comfort, and then everything goes back to normal! I'm glad for them. There's nothing worse than a grumpy husband.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:29 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Morrobloodtribunal, Oblivering Knights, Skydawnfireborn
UESPoints: 2
Dohva. wrote:
Felina is having marital problems.
LOL, when did she ever not? :D

Dohva. wrote:
getting killed by Draugr overlords and having to be brought back to life by his one and only
Wait, is he zombie-Onmund now? Or maybe even... Dead Thrall Onmund? :shock: (Apparently not, in the light of the following, so I suppose he was really brought back by the great goddess Loadsavegame.)

Dohva. wrote:
So lo' and behold, Felina and Onmund sleep in a bed together, she gets lover's comfort, and then everything goes back to normal! I'm glad for them. There's nothing worse than a grumpy husband.
Don't you love it when the game actually makes sense? :D

Jeder sollte einmal reisen in das schöne Vvardenfell!

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:57 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, goddess Loadsavegame is a compassionate soul. I do believe she resides in the mountains of the faraway land Alyeska. ;)

And whoa, I agree that the game actually makes freaking sense this time. The whole thing gave me a serious giggle. Onmund is back on point now although he's still not cooking, but come on, being on the road all the time they're probably snacking on raw salmon and stale sweetrolls.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:14 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Spoiler:

It's one of those seemingly rare days where I am able to descend from High Hrothgar without being in a full-blown blizzard, and I am able to look down at the surrounding lands of Skyrim and take in the scenery.

I remember being in awe of the size of the outer structure to Bleak Falls Barrow when I first took off with Ralof to escape the Imperials all those years ago, and it's quite amazing to look at it from near the top of the Throat of the World. It's really something to be standing so high that this amazingly large structure becomes so much smaller when put into a different perspective.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:46 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: TESO, Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind, Battlespire, Daggerfall, Arena
Platform: PC, PS3, PS4/VR
UESPoints: 4
I went on my first ever werewolf feeding frenzy after I bought the Ring of the Hunt. I had been prepping for this by spending all 46 level-ups on health. I wanted to get the achievement for unlocking all of the werewolf perks, and I ended up doing it in one go.

I completely tore up the Reach and Haafingar, eating countless Forsworn, Imperial soldiers, Thalmor, bandits, and Falmer over the course of about two in-game days (2 1/2 hours). After I was finished, I had to wait another day for the bloodlust to end. Even though I hated how limiting it was to be a werewolf and how stupid the "mauling" kill-move is, I have to admit that rolling through dungeon after dungeon with no objectives other than killing and eating was a nice change of pace. No looting, no lockpicking, no sneaking. Just hunting.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:43 am 
Undecided
Undecided

Irony is putting some cheap Iron Armor onto the corpse of a thief because the gear you looted off them was overencumbering you.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:49 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Today I finally got to some serious adventuring with Inge, after two days' worth of leveling up by wandering in the woods near Falkreath.

Inge got a quest to fetch a few Welkynd stones from remote places. She set out, but ran into trouble not even halfway the journey. She found the Broken Fang Cave, and being as curious as she is, plunged straight in. Turned out the place was infested with vampires! The fledgling in the antechamber was easy to kill, but master one in the end room was tougher. Inge had to snipe at him, run outside to sunshine, sneak back in and repeat the process a few times.

Then she had a protracted and deadly fight with the bandits at the Robber's Cove. It was only after killing them and preparing for the night that she realized she had contracted sanguinare vampirism from the master vampire! Her clue was the strange thirst at sunset. She spent an uneasy night at the cove and set with all speed towards Morthal to get a cure. On the way there she found a shrine to Kynareth, though, and after praying there donated a golden ring as a thanks for the cure.

Then she went to Morthal anyway, to sell some loot. While there, she bought some very useful spellbooks from Falion. One of them, Drop Zone, actually saved her life only after a few hours while dodging a snow bear. On that trip she also visited the Lord Stone and got its blessing, and fought some chaurus reapers in the march.

After that she went to Chillwind Depths, where one of the Welkynd stones was supposed to be. After some spider-killing action, she saw a strange creature, which was apparently blind. To her amazement and horror she realized they were Falmer, of which she had heard fables. There were also some chauruses, which fact nearly made Inge quit and flee. Those things fill her with absolute revulsion and horror. Even their ticking sounds from distance makes her skin crawl. She persisted, however, and finally killed all monsters and found the stone. After seeing what the Falmer do to their prisoners, she even didn't have any qualms about cutting off their ears (she had heard they have alchemical properties). She also found a strange, glowing orb, and heard some lady speaking in her head, which frightened her rather badly after just fighting a caveful of Falmer.

Going through Dragon Bridge, she sold her loot and pressed on to the next Welkynd stone location, Lost Echo Cave. There she met a strange Dunmer named Raynes. Although the elf seemed rather disturbed, Inge teamed up with him. A good thing, too, because that cave, too, was heavily populated with Falmer who constantly dropped from overhead and skulked in the shadows. As if that wasn't enough, there were four chauruses in the last room. There also was a last survivor of the people Raynes had been hunting. The elf killed him in cold blood, horrifying Inge. She only got more disgusted, when the elf lamented that he couldn't torture the poor guy! Accordingly, Inge was very relieved when she finally got out and away from both the monsters and Raynes. She wasn't quite sure anymore which were more vicious.

----

Raynes certainly was a nice surprise. The guy is deliciously warped, rather like the Punisher done Tamriel-style. Another reason for me to like Interesting NPCs. It certainly makes Skyrim a lot more alive.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:56 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: TESO, Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind, Battlespire, Daggerfall, Arena
Platform: PC, PS3, PS4/VR
UESPoints: 4
It's done. All Steam achievements unlocked.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:07 pm 
Warder
Warder

I'm still in the very slow process of trying to do that on the Xbox 360. But the save file bloat and trying to get to about level 80 is really eating away at that...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:58 pm 
Warder
Warder

Whatever I could to scare up enough scratch (25k) to buy Jordis' hand.

Pillaged known gold mines, ransacked Dwemer ruins, ran errands, etc.. An obsessive need to train five times per level is delaying our inevitable union even further.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:11 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO
Platform: PC, PS4/3, Xbone
Got started on Special Edition with a new character, Katja.

She broke out of the forgotten prison, and made her way towards Whiterun. Passing by Valtheim Towers, she was stopped by a bandit trying the 'toll road' scheme. Refusing to pay (and not having the money, anyway), she killed the bandit, but was forced to flee
when the commotion brought the rest of the gang out of the towers. Katja finally made it to Whiterun, and, vowing to change her ways and go straight, joined the Companions.

Her first job sent her to Windhelm, to rough up someone. Knowing her path would take her back up the road by Valtheim Towers again, she took her time preparing to leave. This time, when she passed by the towers properly outfitted and armed thanks to her fellow Companions, she defeated them to the last man.

She continues contentedly down the road.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:43 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: All
Other Profiles: Seraph/Ariador
UESPoints: 8
I wrestled a bear with my bear hands and killed it. Real Nords beat steel with their fists.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:50 pm 
Warder
Warder

ProphetDragon wrote:
I wrestled a bear with my bear hands and killed it. Real Nords beat steel with their fists.

You know, that almost sounds like a bizarre euphemism...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:26 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

noobishlord wrote:
ProphetDragon wrote:

You know, that almost sounds like a bizarre euphemism...

What can I say? It sounded good I thought.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:26 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: XBox 360
Today, Sarah the Barbarian travelled to the city of Riften to get a gem appraised, and had to join the Thieves Guild to that end. Normally she only uses Stealth to get the drop on enemies and thin their numbers a bit with some quick arrows before the inevitable clashing of blades. But this stealing thing has its merits for making more gold, and without killing people over it. Such a novel approach.

Also while in Riften, she also got asked by a priestess to help out with some people's love lives. Or after lives in the case of the last couple, who somehow were too dumb to realize they could just meet up in the afterlife. Sarah got a blessing of resist magic from the goddess for this.

Riften was full of the usual assortment of helpless peasants who can't solve their own problems. Including one Argonian in need of a health potion for her skooma addiction. This led to putting arrows into some gang members, and her sword into others. Now this was a little more familiar. The leader was actually a tough fight, but rewarding, as Lydia really likes his armor.

Sarah ended up with the title of Thane, a new house, housecarl, and the goddess' blessing, and she just came here to get a gem appraised and become a thief. The people of Riften must have really low standards. Or she's just that awesome.

Oh, and she killed that old hag that ran the orphanage. She was just going to talk to her, but turns out she was mean to kids.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:36 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I found the perfect sport: Today I turned into a Vampire Lord and then started to play catch with my Vampiric Grip. I would throw a bandit in the air and then again use the spell on him while in the air.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126  Next