UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2024 4:22 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 'What You Did in Skyrim Today' Thread
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:01 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: TES Anthology
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 0
Trying something a little different this time. I'm going to collect all the Stones of Barenziah before ever joining the Thieves Guild. I have Sky Complete to help keep track of them. I'm also going to collect all the Aetherium Shards before entering Arkngthamz.

Been using the Dragon Combat Overhaul and Deadly Dragons mods this time around. Four dragons laid siege to Whiterun and set just about every building ablaze. My Altmer battlemage died nearly a hundred times before I figured out what I was doing. I realized that the dragons' kinetic attacks can go right through walls and rooftops, so hiding under the entry arch to the city wasn't the brightest idea. I also learned far too late that you have to break line of sight with the dragons, otherwise they'll kill you with their hitscan attacks. I eventually learned that the best place to seek shelter was on the back porch of Jorrvaskr, since it's a wide roof and their ranged attacks can't hit you there. The best time to counterattack is when they hover in midair or land on the rooftops, so I blasted them with the Wabbajack and eventually wore them down.

Unfortunately now, the streets of Whiterun are littered with random garbage, since using the Wabbajack to kill them has some pretty chaotic results.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:38 am 
Imperial Legate
Imperial Legate

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO
Platform: PC, Xbox, Xbox 360
UESPoints: 20
I came back and played a little Oblivion and Skyrim today after playing Fallout 4 over a month. In Skyrim, I reprised my Khajiit martial artist and German Suplexed a few people. It was satisfying.

Monsters are bred in labyrinths, labyrinths are bred from walls. There is a reason the Giants choose to remain nomadic rather than follow their shield kin the Nords in building permanent settlements. The Tower is the beginning of all walls.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:53 pm 
Undecided
Undecided

ES Games: Oblivion (SI); Skyrim (DB)
Platform: Steam, XBox
Other Profiles: DarkSpark135
UESPoints: 5
I sped through Alduin's Bane/Season Unending so my first entrance to Markarth would be while the city was in Stormcloak hands. On that first day on the town I bought a house, cleared a gold mine of Forsworn, ran errands, investigated a conspiracy, killed a bunch of Forsworn spies and agents, got blamed for the one killing I did not commit, ended up in prison, shanked a guy, broke out to watch Mad Knocker and the Goatskin Gang slay a bunch of Stormcloak soldiers who were sorry examples of justice within the city.

That was my busy little day.

Thonar's dead and there's no way I'm letting his brother keep the Mournful Throne. The Forsworn got a little payback in the sense that it was Ulfric Stormcloak that wrested the city from them in the first place, so killing a handful of his soldiers was a bonus. The most important thing, of course, is when the Empire regains the city I can walk down the street and not worry if the guard passing me by was one of the men who set me up for that prison stay.

Casandra: At the moment, the deadliest weapon at my disposal is a goblin's head on a stick. I'd be worried if this was the plan.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:31 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360, PS3
I've actually played a _LOT_ during the holidays but haven't bee posting. So, short summaries and I'm probably forgetting half. :oops:

Milady Winter, nord Spellsword - became first character to pass the level 50 mark (now 52 level). She did Cursed Tribe (twice, first time that chief turned hostile too early and was unkillable, no more Shouts in tight corridors, okay?) She also did the Forelhost (Siege at the Dragoncult) and some other stuff (besides making smithing legendary).

Attia Nikovius - Imperial Paladin, has been doing main quest and some dungeon crawling. Next is finding Esbern from Riften, but first, she wants Dawnbreaker. She also experienced _two_ dragons attacking Riverwood at once!

Myriah, redguard thief- well, now official member of Thieves Guild, has done lot of..well..stealing. The Faction quest-line is on hold, last done Dampened Spirits. I want her decked with best possible Nightingale- set. She did enough in Riften to get Honeyside and got Thaned.

Zafirah of Elinhir, redguard spellblade: Bought Winstad Manor and started building.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:11 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games: All five "core" games
Crashed Skyrim so many times today due to alttabing. Y'know, messing around alchemy....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:08 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Other Profiles: virtuxa (steam and deviantart)
Had my character slay a healthy amount of bandits, marauders and vampires. He needs to stay in shape, after all.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:22 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Attia Nikovius - Imperial Paladin
-Found Esbern, emptied the Ratways while at it, found a bow and delivered it back to it's owner.
- Delivered Esbern to Riverwood, had a chat with him and Delphine. Headed out to find Alduin's Wall with them. Of course, she soon lost them. Killed two dragons with in half hour (real time), also killer a Scavanger and whole lot of other critters. After spending a night in Old Hroldan Inn and meeting a ghost, she finally found her company again.
- Last seen emptying Karthspire Camp of Forsworn.

Myriah, redguard thief:
-Did two reputation quests: On in Markath (find the stolen item for Endon from Pinewatch and Solitude (frame the Captain).
- She also followed shady Argonian (didn't quite manage to sneak thru the East Empire Warehouse undetected so had to kill some guards there).
- She was supposed to meet Mercer Frey somewhere but instead went to do some other stuff.

Racamil, bosmer hunter-shaman.
- Failed to save Nazeem from Vampires (oh dear. Well, they all look same in a dark cave).
- He became Werewolf anyways. Assaulted the Gallow Rocks with Aela.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:21 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Investigated the Forsworn Conspiracy and got sent to Cidhna Mine. Decided not to take any BS from Madanach, so I paralyzed him, transformed into a werewolf, and ripped him to shreds. Did the same to the other prisoners, since they left me no other choice. Couldn't hit the guards through the jail door, so I waited until I changed back and then blasted them through the bars with the Lightning Ray spell (Requiem) until my bounty disappeared.

Since I have Destruction maxed out and all but the last 3 perks, I have a damage multiplier of 10x. Requiem might be harder when you're just starting out, but the moment you max any skill you become insanely OP.

Returned home to Lakeview Manor, where a dragon assault (DCO) occurred. I quickly took down 3 of them, and the 4th fled before I could injure it. I haven't actually encountered a lot of dragons, even though they're supposed to attack almost all the time. I think I've only killed 65 so far.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:54 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

Other Profiles: virtuxa (steam and deviantart)
Corin Darbon, Breton battlemage:
Together with his follower and maybe crush (he kind of has developed a thing for her) Helene he cleared out some caves while on his way to Winterhold, where he joined the mages guild.

Torus, some Imperial bloke I created today
I tested if my newmade follower worked as a spouse as well and even though these characters have no backstory yet, it was still quite adorable how the custom follower reacted to getting married.

Serion Adorin, Altmer warrior
Dawnguard spoilers. BIG ones.
Spoiler:
Today was the day Serion and Serana were ready to face Lord Harkon. Afterwards Serion talked with Serana about becoming a human once again and she left to do just that. Serion went back to the fort, took one of the armored dogs, Bran, with him and started travelin. At some point he just had to go to Morthal, in hopes of running into Serana even though he knew she wanted to do this alone. But when they ran in to eachother, she was already human again, and so she, Serion and Bran left as a small group for some more adventure.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:15 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Downloaded free Witcher 2 for xbox. Been playing mostly that. But inspired by the game I tried to create my own Witcher.
Couldn't get the likeness close enough so I named him Arthes, a witcher instead of the Witcher. He's out of Helgen and went to Bleak Falls Barrow right after Riverwood. Problem is that I already have monsterhunter/witch-slayer character and he's very much the same.

So I made Triss Merigold, which actually looked amazingly same (after I found the right race.) For play-style, she's a mage specializing fire-destruction. She went to Whiterun after Riverwood and hired Jenassa.

I haven't completely abandoned Skyrim and, so during past week or so:

Ragna Eorlene, nord Bard and Uthgerd:
- Went to Bloated Man's Grotto to fetch Runil's Journal. Ragna gained herself a fancy new sword and Runil got his diary back.
- Then she's been working on her House and scoured the countryside for ore: running into necromancers, trolls, spiders and whole lot of other beasts. Visited the Hall of the Vigilants.

Kyra Frostblade, nord werewolf:
- Went thru Ruunvald to recruit that priest for Dawnguard.
- ate some bandits, literally. Battled dragons. Found a piece of that axe which name I can't spell (aka doing Companions quests).

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:54 am 
Undecided
Undecided

It was Family Portrait Day.
Hidden:

Casandra: At the moment, the deadliest weapon at my disposal is a goblin's head on a stick. I'd be worried if this was the plan.

Last edited by Dark Spark on Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:22 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Racamil, shamanic bosmer hunter:

- Emptied Gallow's Rock with Aela.
- Visited his bride, took the divorce in Skyrim's way ('till death us apart) :Twisted Evil:
- Took a Wedding Ring back to Ysolda. Who sent him to Morvuskar.
- Found Sam after slaying whole lot of mages. Not sure what he's going to do with the Staff.

Dargar, orc bounty hunter:
- Cashed the bounty of Captain Hargar or whatever his name was from Ahtar.
- Fetched helmet for Noster from Steepfall Burrow.
- After that he decided to leave Solitude. Stopped by in Dragonbridge, heading out towards Karthwasten and Markath.
- Dargar ran into remains of a trader caravan and had to investigate, ended up clearing Chillwind Depths.
- Kept walking, kept being attacked: by bandits, twice, Forsworn, twice, wolves..many times.
- At Karthwasten, he helped the mine owner get rid of the mercenaries. Mined ore.
- More forsworn and he's not reached Markath yet.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:29 am 
Layman
Layman

With the help of some mods I made a character who started the game as a baby vampire waking up in Markarth's Hall of the Dead after a vampire "killed" her. Wearing only unenchanted clothes with no armor rating, and armed with nothing but a dagger, I sent her on a trek to Solitude.

When she neared a bridge she fought three Forsworn. Died the first try. Second try was smarter. I had her kill one, swipe his gear, then run like hell and hide. Once she recovered, she went back for the other two equipped with her shiny new gear. Decided to stop at every cave/mine/whatever until she had all the loot than she could carry.

It was a wild ride. Sometimes ill-prepared characters are the most fun to play.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:49 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Done the Mass Effect -trilogy (at least the first run thru), so back to Skyrim :)

Attia Nikovius, imperial paladin:
-helped Barbas by retrieving axe from a cave and returning it to it's orginal owner. Then she just crafted and hang around in Whiterun. It's not very palandin-y to help a daedric prince. But it was only way to get rid of that mutt.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:05 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY edition, Oblivion (and KOTN), Skyrim + SE, ESO Gold Edition
Platform: PC (for Morrowind only) PS3, PS4
Other Profiles: PSN: dremorababe (new)
UESPoints: 3
Edit: sorry for all the edits bye

Last edited by dremorababe on Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:32 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Skyrim
Other Profiles: Reva
I am the kind of guy who likes reading mysteries on big games like Skyrim so what I did is mostly go to mysterious locations and most of them have a sad backstory.

My curiosity towards the mysteries of Skyrim has rewarded me a dog. A dog that will stick to you forever like Dogmeat from Fallout. Dog's name is Meeka and it has a terrible backstory so I wouldn't post it here as most of you know it already

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:07 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY edition, Oblivion (and KOTN), Skyrim + SE, ESO Gold Edition
Platform: PC (for Morrowind only) PS3, PS4
Other Profiles: PSN: dremorababe (new)
Meeko? That story is really sad. Even the Fjori and Holgeir one was quite sad. I love the little details in TES games. ♡

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:33 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Ragna Eorlene, nord bard and her faitful companion Uthgerd the Unbroken:

- Worked on the house at Windstad Manor until ran out of materials.
- Visited Markath. Got arrested and paid off a small bounty. Sold and bought stuff.
- Headed out to explore Reach. Found the Lover-stone and Peryite's Shrine (not to mention angry bears and whispmother), started that quest.
- Still missing flawless ruby, went back to furnish the house.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:38 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Skyrim
Other Profiles: Reva
Downloaded a few mods to get started even though I used manual installation, it was easy and got it running in no time.

Just regular Dragonborn stuff for today, slew a Legendary Dragon and looted a Daedric Armor with an enhancement.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:32 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, Online
Platform: PC (I - V, O), Xbox 360 (IV, V)
Other Profiles: JumboWheat01 (XBL/Steam/PSN/ESO)
With the help of a Redguard warrior, I got that blasted Oblivion Walker achievement by getting 16 out of the 15 needed artifacts, and even managed to finally complete the main story of the game! Woo!

Now I'm planning out a new character that will go through the game and snag up the last few achievemnts I have on the 360, one of which is getting to super-high levels for those legendary dragons. At least I won't have to do the Daedric quests if I don't want to, quite a few of those I dislike on a moral level. I'm not really an evil player.

Update: Decided on a character, an Argonian, going back to my favorite race in the series. Doing something along the lines of a Thief-mage, some sneaking, quick-talking and lock picking with good ol' destruction, restoration and alteration spells. A "no-crafting" build, though I will still craft up plenty of nails, locks and things of the like. I love house making.

Update Two: It dawned on me after playing this character a bit that I've essentially made a modified Arcane Trickster, just with no stabbing and using more... obvious spells rather than more subtle ones. I wonder if it's my subconscious telling me something...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:46 am 
Undecided
Undecided

Ran into Deep-in-His-Cups on the road south of Riverwood. If I had the 10,000 gold I would have given it to him. He had to settle for 750. As he ran off I decided to follow and see where he'd end up. He fought and killed two bandits in Helgen, then took the road towards the Rift. I was accosted by a Thief near Haemar's Shame and forced to pay the gold because ripping that Khajiit's fur from his face while throat-raping him with his own dismembered spine would have taken too long for me to keep up with Deeps.

Deeps killed two wolves coming out of the pass near the Alchemist's Shack, then he met a Frostbite Spider right afterwards. Alas, the spider's venom did him in, and after I killed the spider I managed to recover my 750 gold and tried to drag his body back to the shack to boil his eyes out from his severed head to make a love potion (a recipe I'd name "Beer Goggles") heal his wounds. That proved too much a hassle, so I ran back through the pass in hope of finding that Khajiit thief so I could make good on my earlier intentions. He was gone, though.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:58 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, Morrowind
UESPoints: 7
Felina Imhatius #3467 met Astrid for the first time. She did away with the Khajit rather smoothly and is on the way to meet the rest of the Dark Brotherhood family. She and Onmund picked up Meeko along the way so now the three of them are a tiny family.

Man...I've seriously missed playing Skyrim. Maybe I've been playing too much Fallout because Felina spent a lot of time bathing in the clear waters of Skyrim, free of trash, radiation, and giant scorpions. I do love you, Skyrim. You will forever be my favorite game.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:04 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, Redguard
Platform: Xbox, PC, PS
UESPoints: 1
Fredas, 22nd of Last Seed, 4E 201, Skyrim

I had a lie in at Dead Man's Drink because I knew that today was going to be a long day. I broke my fast at 8 and had a chat with the patrons before heading out to the graveyard to give Runil some ashes. Then it was back to the mundanity to Riverwood, so I guessed. I packed my satchel, longing for a few more hours spent in the inn, but nethertheless, left Falkreath by 10 after an unpleasant experience with the general merchants' brother.

I headed North-East, and then circled North-West to the standing stones, where I asked about troll fat to the local poacher, who said that she had none. On Morndas, after my shift at the lumber-mill, I will walk up to Whiterun, and see if I can't find some there. I have just over a month to prepare. I came across a savage wolf, and a savage bandit on the way to Riverwood, and I slew them both with my weathered iron sword, giving the wolf a passage down the White River, and the bandit a comfortable position in the thistle flowers, and a coin.

Here I am, enjoying a sweetroll and a bottle of Aragionan Blood-wine, watching the shadows flicker from the flames of the Hearth and candles that adorn the inn...

Interested in
Daedra Worship? Check out my blog!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:06 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

My Bosmer rogue by the name of Blodwyn faced off against the Ebony Warrior. Having mastered the Alteration spells from Requiem, she lifted him up with Telekinetic Grab and hurled him into the nearby valley with the intent of following him down and engaging him where there's better footing. However, wearing a hundred pounds of armor didn't do him any favors from that height, and the fall instantly broke his neck (and every other bone in his body). Since she already knew all the enchantments on the Ebony Warrior's equipment, she sold it off in Riften for a reasonable sum, although his enchanted ebony sword remained clutched in his death grip and could not be pried loose despite her best efforts.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:09 am 
Undecided
Undecided

Apparently Deep-in-His-Cups recovered from that spider bite, because he hit me up for more gold near Dead Man's Respite. This time I didn't even have the 750 gold to buy him off, so I ran.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126  Next