UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2024 4:22 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124 ... 126  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 'What You Did in Skyrim Today' Thread
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:59 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360, PS3
UESPoints: 0
Caedmon Montrose, breton vampire/witch -hunter
- solved Whiterun's little dragon-problem.
- Then he travelled to Riften, solved Shadr's little problem and went to join Dawnguard.
- last seen saving mysterious woman in Dimhollow Crypt.

Zafirah of Elinhir, redguard spellblade:
- Actually got herself up to High Hrothgar to meet bunch of old men. Cleared Lost Knife Hideout.

Ragna Eorlene, nord Bard with Uthgerd the Unbroken:
-delved into Halldir's cairn, they haven't got out yet, too busy killing ghosts.

Licinia Selvanis, imperial battlemage and Serana
- After wandering around hours (in real life) lost in Hidden Vale and killing hundreds of falmer and chaurus, finally managed to locate and reach Inner Sanctum. They dealt with the crazy snowelf and got the Auri-El's bow. Back to Skyrim. Bit of crafting and whole lot of loot selling later, the duo headed to Bloodlet Throne to deal punishement to some weak blooded vampires.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:54 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Platform: PC
Made the mistake of fast-traveling to Rorikstead immediately after completing the Main Quest with Zenobia. Had to fight Nahagliiv, a pair of Miraak cultists, and a Master Vampire and entourage in quick succession and combination.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:54 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Ragna Eorlene, nord Bard with Uthgerd the Unbroken, nord warrior:
- Defeated Halldir and got the drum (and 2 copis of his staff)
- they returned to Solitude and gave the drum to Giraud Gemane. I think she's done all the Bards College quests now, duh.
- after visiting shops, Ragna and Uthgerd went back to work with Winstad Manor.

Racamil, bosmer shaman/hunter:
- Wandered around near Whiterun, played hide-and-shoot with the giants at Secunda's Kiss.
- Battled and killed a dragon soon after that.
- Then he went throught Brittleshin Pass. Shooting necromancers is always fun.

Crixius, imperial gladiator:
- Went to Dustman's Cairn with Farkas. Lot of killing followed.
- He became full member of Companions and got himself two skyforge steelswords (had to buy the other one).
- He bought himself home (Breezehome) and adopted Lucia.
- His next job to Companions is to rescue Nazeem from vampires...hmmm, maybe they can keep him....

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:39 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Morrobloodtribunal, Oblivering Knights, Skydawnfireborn
UESPoints: 2
On a frozen mountainside in the Velothis, looking down on the Rift, a naked, nameless Redguard lies dead, three black arrows sticking in his kneeheart and a sprig of snowberries between his teeth. Marilyn was here.

Jeder sollte einmal reisen in das schöne Vvardenfell!

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:29 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Finn Wolfshorn wrote:
Marilyn was here.

^ I love artistic assassins.

Strange as it may seem, it wasn't until today that I underwent my first totally discretionary* transformation into a werewolf. The first character of mine that ever joined The Circle never transformed again after "The Silver Hand" and cured himself of lycanthropy at the first opportunity. Even now—having made a character specifically to defer the main quest in order to enjoy the Companions questline—I waited until after I became the Harbinger before installing Dawnguard and exploring werewolf perks for the first time.

Previously my first impression of lycanthropy was that whatever abilities it granted were never as good as well-developed gear and spells at a commensurate level. I'm hoping carefully selected werewolf perks mitigates this somewhat. I thought a bandit den would be a good place for several unreported feedings, and I was surprised at how satisfying the animations were (Akasha enjoyed feeding as the Champion of Namira, but it lacked the spatter and sounds that accompany lycanthropic maulings). In two different dungeons, however, I found myself unable to move through certain passages in beast form, like a frost atronach. Very frustrating, and I'm surprised that no one else has reported something similar to the wiki.

Normally for role-playing purposes I try to get my characters 4-8 hours of sleep a night, but now that I'm not getting a Rested bonus, I think I'm just going to pretend I'm a college student again and never sleep.

* Not counting Borat gro-Shagsheep.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:22 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Okay, that was fun. I installed Moonlight Tales, Werewolf Mastery, and Heart of the Beast. After Vilkas & I cleaned out Dead Crone Rock (top to bottom), I transformed into Beast Form and chowed down. I was able to run from Dead Crone Rock to Morthal, mauling and feeding on everything along the way (I took Savage Feeding as soon as possible), and still had 3 hours of wolf time. I ate an entire Thalmor patrol, and no bounty! I went around Rorikstead, but I think I could have easily eaten everyone before you could say "East Proctor."

#SkyrimmingLikeIt's2011

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:11 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Morrobloodtribunal, Oblivering Knights, Skydawnfireborn
UESPoints: 2
^Yeah, lycanthropy can be huge fun! Nothing quite like eating people by the dozen.

Crataegus Levigata, Imperial Nightblade, cleared Lost Knife Cave & Hideout in true necromancer fashion. He brought a zombie bear to get rid of the first couple of bandits, then raised the sturdiest of the dead to deal with most of the rest. Failed repeatedly in the final cave (the one with the caged sabrecat) until he (or rather I) thought of playing his strengths: he turned invisible, snuck up on the bandit chief - Halvar the Drunk in Requiem, a beast in one of the best heavy armours and wielding a unique enchanted warhammer - , slit his throat with a poisoned dagger and raised him to finish the remaining bandits. Very satisfying victory, and he has now a bodyguard capable of dealing with pretty muich anything he's likely to encounter on the road.

Jeder sollte einmal reisen in das schöne Vvardenfell!

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:03 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

More #SkyrimmingLikeIt's2011:

So, I suppose it was pretty common for werewolf characters to marry someone in The Circle, right? If you want a wife, that pretty much means Aela, who I imagine is still a popular choice. I always kinda thought she was a bit aloof, but sure, why not. With Amazing Follower Tweaks you can make any werewolf/vampire follower transform with you, so now Aela & I go hunting together. I tell ya, there's nothing quite as thrilling as tucking into an elk you brought down with a single swipe, then being challenged for the kill by a sabre cat, only to see your wife lope across the tundra and spill its steaming viscera for you as an amuse-bouche.

Hunting as a werewolf has brought me closer to my German Shepherd mix when he goes after the squirrels and wild rabbits in our backyard. I love turning off the compass rose and losing complete track of one's location. I have to be careful with the non-essential unique NPCs though; at least three farms in the hold no longer have enough hands to bring in the harvest this year.

Even with the werewolf mods, I've tried to keep ignorant of precisely when I'm going to transform out of Beast Form. I was stalking a Khajiiti caravan once when I reverted, and they were already alarmed and hurrying out of tents. I could have instantly donned my armor and either held them off or hidden, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to honor the lycanthrope genre by running bare-assed down the road until I reached the cover of the woods.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:32 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim (DB, DG, HF), Online
Platform: PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One
Other Profiles: Xbox and PSN: billy7557
Today I finally played Skyrim for the first time in months to take a break from Oblivion and Fallout 4. I created Caius Draconis, an Imperial skilled in magic, archery, and one handed combat. After he escaped Helgen with Hadvar, he cleared a nearby mine of bandits and sold all the loot to Lucan at the Riverwood Trader. He talked to Alvor and agreed to get troops for Riverwood (not right away though) then made the journey to Whiterun, though only to join the companions.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:26 am 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim (DB, DG, HF), Online
Platform: PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One
Other Profiles: Xbox and PSN: billy7557
Caius Draconis completed Bleak Falls Barrow's quest (with the help of turning off collision, as I am absolutely sick of doing that particular quest/dungeon) and saved Whiterun from a dragon threat. He also won a brawl with a Nord in the Bannered Mare and made lots of gold selling Belethor his junk.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:56 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Licinia Selvanis, imperial battlemage and Serana:

- Spents some time (took suprisingly long) hauling her stuff from Breezehome to Heljarchen Hall (which is now her main home). She also built the liberary tower.
- Licinia and Serana went to deal with Lord Harkon. End result was predictable.
- The two gals decided to keep adventuring together. Next, they tackled Lost to the Ages. It took a lenghty trip to locate all the Aetherium Shards. During this: they killed three dragons, were attacked by dawnguard more times they could count (seriously, it's getting annoying), Cultist of Boethiah (only once) and they cleared lenghty dwemer ruin (I hope Licinia never joins Dark Brotherhood, might have messed up that Quest-line...) In the end, she got the Aetherium Crown forged.
- Next, she started to collect the Shards of Mehrune's Razor. Which meant going to Falkreanth, suffering yet another Dawnguard attack (this time Licinia let the Falkreanth guards deal with them) and then assaulting Cracked Tusk Keep in full Vampire Lord form. That was fun. She also ran into Barbas but had no time to follow him around. Turned in the first piece for some serious cash. And she's ran out of lockpicks, which is strange, usually my characters at her levels (past 30) have more lockpicks than they'll ever need.

-Cleared Silverdift Lair, just for the fun and profit. Then started investigating the Gauldur Legend, currently inside Folgunthur.

Caedmon Montrose, breton vampire/witch -hunter:
- Delivered Serana to her daddy, but not before some side tracks to clear filthy Hagraven nest (Ravenscar Hollow).
- He then returned to Isran.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:13 pm 
Lord of the Shivering Isles

ES Games: Oblivion:GOTY, Skyrim:Legendary edition
Platform: PS3.
UESPoints: 12
Killed a few vampires that attacked Whiterun after doing my trial in the Companions. Unlocked the power of the wolf. Completed the trial of the Dovahkiin and discovered a certain big fat [&@%!] that is known for eating the world with Delphine. Brought Breezehome and decorated it. May have caused a glitch where i lack the dinner room but i rather keep the default dining room as it enables me to keep it as a decorating space. Killed a few dragons and the last one was a close fight. We both had barely any health left and me arrow killed it. Had hoped it would trigger a kill cam but alas. I did so many things that this is probably a small summary.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:04 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

The SheoDovah wrote:
discovered a certain big fat [&@%!] that is known for eating the world with Delphine.

Man, I gotta get this mod where Delphine tries to eat the world, with or without help. I always wondered what her problem was, but I never would have guessed it was indigestion.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:02 pm 

Alduin is really angry at her for stealing his job despite the fact he quit a long time ago.

After building me mansion and dragon slaying and bandit slaying etc.. i realised i had ruined that save for me in terms of enjoyment as the RPing had been shouted out of the game by me rushing a few Daedric quests and mansion building. So i started again and took my time. 3 days into Skyrim(ingame) and did dragon rising. Have set a few restrictions on loot. A few swords, boots and bracers can be looted several times etc.. Makes it more interesting and should prevent me from being rich too quickly. Sadly, it means i can't do chopping wood without having to use Wait to simulate time. :( Damn it, Bethesda, why is wood chopping too easy to get too much septims? With dragon rising, the game seemed to have forgot that it was a freaking first dragon battle! The dragon music did not play. This annoys me.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:21 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: TES Anthology
Gbaji wrote:
Okay, that was fun. I installed Moonlight Tales, Werewolf Mastery, and Heart of the Beast. After Vilkas & I cleaned out Dead Crone Rock (top to bottom), I transformed into Beast Form and chowed down. I was able to run from Dead Crone Rock to Morthal, mauling and feeding on everything along the way (I took Savage Feeding as soon as possible), and still had 3 hours of wolf time. I ate an entire Thalmor patrol, and no bounty! I went around Rorikstead, but I think I could have easily eaten everyone before you could say "East Proctor."

#SkyrimmingLikeIt's2011

I almost always play as a werewolf too, like I did in Morrowind. I'm actually a huge mythology / occult geek IRL, and have done tons of research into werewolf lore. For this reason, I follow a very specific set of roleplaying guidelines. My character must be good or neutral aligned, because there are too many fictional portrayals of werewolves as evil beasts. I must master every school of magic, because my character is an intellectual rather than a savage monster. I never kill an innocent person if I can help it, and self-defense is a moral gray area, but to groups like the Silver Hand and the Thalmor I show absolutely no mercy. Nature is my home and my refuge, and I am its guardian. In other words, I pretty much play as a werewolf druid.

I'm currently using Moonlight Tales plus Bloodmoon Rising. I'll look into the Heart of the Beast mod you mentioned.

I'll only kill wild animals if necessary, otherwise I'll cast Pacify and move on. I'm using the Hunterborn mod, which makes hunting far more productive, so there's no need to slaughter everything in sight. I'll take down dragons in defense of others, but once I have Bend Will, I'll use that to end the fight without violence. I'll typically finish the Companions questline, but I will only cure Kodlak, not the other members of the Circle; being a werewolf is a gift, not a curse, and there is nothing forcing you to behave one way or another as a werewolf. I'll also finish the College of Winterhold questline, as well as the Dark Brotherhood. I consider the Empire to be the puppet of the Thalmor that is actively oppressing its own people at their behest, so I see nothing wrong with dethroning Titus Mede II.

Speaking of which, that's exactly what I did today. I didn't want to have to listen to his little speech, so the split second after I unlocked his door, I activated the Ring of Hircine. When I appeared inside his room, I was in the process of transforming, which caused the emperor to skip his speech and run around in a panic. I brought him down with a single slash.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:03 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yeah, my werewolf character isn't a pacifist. I have a younger friend who's currently way into a certain post-apocalyptic game, to the point where he's made over twenty characters. "I've even made one based on you!" he tells me. So, I kinda had to make a Skyrim character based on him. He's only played it a few times, but he really liked being a werewolf so I thought I'd give it a try. I can see now why it was such a hit, even before the modders got to work. My friend has no compunction about eating anyone he can, so that's where I started from.

My favorite part now is just getting disoriented. I am typically very methodical and goal-oriented in my Skyrim travels, so just running constantly and going wherever that deer's tail leads is rather liberating. I've even found places I'd never been (I kinda wish that locations can't be "discovered" and added to your map when in Beast Form).

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:02 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Licinia Selvanis, imperial battlemage and Serana:
- They collected all the pieces for the Razor and had it put together. How come briarhearts can be tougher opponents than dremora?
-Then she's mostly worked on her house, stopped by to kill dragon at Mount Anthor, slaughtered some bandits in vampire lord form etc.

Milady Winter: nord spellsword and champion of Stormcloaks:
- crafted so her smithing is now 100, worked on her houses, and cleared Wolfskull Cave. Falk Firebeard was so grateful.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:11 pm 
Undecided
Undecided

ES Games: Oblivion (SI); Skyrim (DB)
Platform: Steam, XBox
Other Profiles: DarkSpark135
UESPoints: 5
Cassie killed today. A bunny zigged when he should have zagged as Casandra Serein shot at that fox. Now she has a mark in her stats, the first time ever that the Slaughtered Bunnies count ever rose above zero.

The trick is that Cassie is an All-or-Nothing sort of girl: if she cannot keep the stat at zero, then it must become the biggest number of all.

Casandra: At the moment, the deadliest weapon at my disposal is a goblin's head on a stick. I'd be worried if this was the plan.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:13 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Dark Spark wrote:
Cassie killed today. A bunny zigged when he should have zagged as Casandra Serein shot at that fox. Now she has a mark in her stats, the first time ever that the Slaughtered Bunnies count ever rose above zero.

The trick is that Cassie is an All-or-Nothing sort of girl: if she cannot keep the stat at zero, then it must become the biggest number of all.

Yah, playing a werewolf also resulted in my first ever Bunny Slaughter.

"They could put me in a helicopter and fly me up into the air and line the bodies head to toe on the ground in delightful geometric patterns like an endless June Taylor dancers routine—and it would never be enough. No, I don't keep count. But you do. And I love you for it."
— The Joker, The Dark Knight Returns

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:53 pm 
Undecided
Undecided

ES Games: Oblivion (SI); Skyrim (DB)
Platform: Steam, XBox
Other Profiles: DarkSpark135
UESPoints: 5
When my imaginary childhood friends try to compare Casandra Serein to Harley Quinn, I reply "Nonsense. Cassie would never have the patience to attend medical school."

Casandra: At the moment, the deadliest weapon at my disposal is a goblin's head on a stick. I'd be worried if this was the plan.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:54 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
UESPoints: 14
Completed Diplomatic Immunity with my boy Melvin the Orc, and found it ridiculously easy compared to the first time I did it back on my original playthrough when I spent hours repeatedly getting rekt. This time around it was pretty much no more difficult than your average bandit camp. I can't remember what level I was when I did it the first time, though (for this one I was level 10 sitting on a full XP bar).

Also I have been making up for all the times I didn't use FUS RO DAH during my original two MQ runs. It quite simply never gets old.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:18 pm 

I love using FUS RO DAH. It is also quite the life saver.

I smitted a wolf queen, blackened the eye of a Thalmor, killed two dovahs(they have no soul to asorb thus must be a glitch), Bladed my Dark and realised that my offensive style is no longer viable thus taking a shield and sword approach. Got my arse handed to be my a bandit cheif in full plate armour but the joke's on him as i whooped his arse all over the fort. Then i stripped him of his armour to flog in Riften. Now, i need to turn in a few quests for the coins and with luck, i will own a house in the Rift. Slowly becoming Thane of every hold and the Shield of Sollitude is rather useful.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:36 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Thorynn Battlemaiden, nord shield-maid:
- cleared Ustengrav but didn't find the Horn.
- She also did the Angarvunde-quest
- Then she's mostly been involved building Lakeview Manor and playing lumberjack.
- She did start Kyne's Sacred Trials and killed the first three spirit animals.

Attia Nikovius, imperial paladin:
- she's also been in Ustengrav.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:56 pm 

Bits and bobs, getting my arse handed to me by mages so i decided to alter my character by deciding to take up Conjuration and Restoration, which meant joining the COW. I do wish Bethesda had included an option to avoid starting the COW questline and just have Mirabelle direct us to Urag. Seems like a big oversight on their part.

Turns out mages are the biggest threat to the Dovahkiin. Dragons? Pfft, i eat them for breakfast. Mages? ARGH! MAGES! WHAT THE [&@%!]!? SHE JUST TOOK OUT HALF MY HEALTH! WHAT THE!!!! etc..

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:20 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

-came out of Folgunthur. Turned out that frost attronach-summoning draugr scrouge was tougher opponent than the end boss (Mikul Gauldursson).
- She made her way to Morthal, started Laid to Rest- quest, but not before she did bounty quest involving killing a dragon. Did also few side-trips to bigger cities to sell loot.
-She also brawled with Benor and took him as a follower. For a brief time. Alas, he was killed in Morvath's Lair. (must have been the fire rune-trap Zafi set up.)

Dargar, orc bounty hunter:
- Did Meridia's bidding. It was worth the while and Dawnbreaker is a pretty sword (although he uses battle-axe).
- Then he spent some time building Lakeview Manor. Back in Solitude, he accepted Jaree's offer. (He's actually setting the lizard-man up). He arrived to the Icerunner's Wreck and just started slaughtering those marauders. Now he's on his way to their hideout to wipe them out.

Created another orc, N'tagar is miner/smith. He's just escaped Helgen. And cleared Embershard Mine. He's the scariest looking guy I managed to create.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124 ... 126  Next