UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2024 8:24 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112 ... 126  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 'What You Did in Skyrim Today' Thread
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:50 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games: oblivion, skyrim
Platform: xbox 360/one
UESPoints: 14
Aarah's log - 7th Sun's Dusk

Hidden:
Finished decorating Windstad Manor. It now has a nice enchanting tower (minus the obtrusive enchanting table - there's one on the landing anyway, so don't need another one), armoury - which is cool because i've started to arrange my things in the display cases, as most of the time (touch wood) the items stay where i put them and aren't all strewn about when i re-enter, and lastly the trophy room at the back.

I have a dragon head in pride of place right at the doorway (the dragonborn must have that right there!) and then a mudcrab, wolf and a cow, the latter of which has the pelt of my bandit-killed cow from Heljarchen Hall - he shall be remembered.

Got attacked by a dragon whilst riding Arvak through the icy waters near Solitude. By the time i reached the shore, the dragon had already turned its attention to the Emperor's ship, The Katariah, and was blasting it with fire. I couldn't see anyone on deck, so they were either oblivious or weren't fussed.

Got slightly bugged by Faendal continually talking about Riverwood, despite now living in Windstad Manor. It's alright though, nice to see my old buddy - first follower- back in the days when Aarah was low level and they would frequent the Nordic ruins together.

Killed a Stormcloak camp, minus the pesky essential leader. Decided to not use any melee weapons for a change and go pure magic for the fight. Got a few with Frenzy (never use it normally), a few more with lightning from the Storm Call shout, tried Mass Paralysis but it didn't work on anyone. Not sure about that spell - the only person it's taken down in the few times i've tried it is Onmund who, as a follower, was not an intended target.

Finally finished building all the divine shrines in Heljarchen Hall cellar! Got the last three amulets i needed at Radiant Raiments. Was having trouble finding silver ingots and even more finding gold but was excited when i noticed that i knew the transmute spell, so BAM! iron ore into silver and silver into gold, add the smelter and Bob's your Uncle! We have the ingots!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:07 am 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC
Other Profiles: virtuxa (steam and deviantart)
UESPoints: 0
Well, today in Skyrim, Faras nearly drowned. Twice. He's really had it with water-related questing for now.
His player also found out being evil is hard when she tried to make him shoot a bunny but couldn't. Just couldn't. It's tiny cute eyes were too tiny and cute.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:57 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: ES Anthology. Skyrim PS3, Elder Scrolls Online PS4
Platform: PS3, PS4 & PC
I finally got around to finishing the Forbidden Legends sidequest and reforged the Gauldur Amulet. I've played this game a million times, but never did finish that one. Imo, it wasn't really worth the hassle in the long run, but at least I got some decent loot along the way. Plus I'm trying to get that "Delver" trophy, so there's that too.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:20 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Morrobloodtribunal, Oblivering Knights, Skydawnfireborn
UESPoints: 2
Marilyn (II), Bosmeri archer, and Serana, Nord adventurer, helped a young Dunmer woman get cured of vampirism and an old vampire hunter find peace (concluding 3DNPC quest Vigilance and Virtue).
Spoiler:
The twin vampire brothers hiding at the New Gnisis Cornerclub had been killed, but there was still the matter of the girl Rinori who had been turned by them against her will and was despairing of her fate. Among-the-Hist believed she was still redeemable because she had never fed and had already spoken to Falion about a cure for her condition. (Marilyn could have told him that having fed need be no impediment to the cure, but she and Serana thought it most prudent to keep mum about Mari's vampiric intermezzo.) They spoke to Rinori in Windhelm's Hall of the Dead where she was hiding during daylight, and she accepted Hist's offer to accompany her to Morthal and assist her in the ritual. As the girl was too weak to walk all the way Mari paid for a carriage to take Hist and Rinori while she herself and Serana followed on their horses [/in my head].

They managed to time the journey so that they departed and arrived in darkness to minimize the sunlight stress on Rinori. As they approached the summoning circle Mari noticed that Hist wasn't quite his usual self. She knew he blamed himself for killing his former partner who had been infected with vampirism, and learning that vampirism was a curable disease and his partner might have been saved had aggravated his feelings of guilt; but he seemed to have come to some grim resolve now. Only when they met Falion did he reveal that he was determined to sacrifice his own life for Falion to use instead of a soul gem to revive Rinori. Mari tried to stop him, but he had already taken poison, and so the ritual was completed. Rinori was devastated because her life had been restored at such a price, but Mari told her to make sure it wasn't wasted; her usual snarkiness had all left her as she was holding the dead body of a noble lizard who had for a while been a friend to her. She had no idea how Argonians buried their dead, but giving his body to the waterways of Hjaalmarch felt about right.

After they had parted from Rinori Serana grew very pensive, and Marilyn guessed she was thinking of her mother. Without a word they agreed to return to Castle V once more and offer Valerica the same choice they and the Dunmer girl had made (also because Mari had left some books and a lot of money in Harkon's rooms). They expected to be met with hostility by the vampires but were rather pointedly ignored. As for Valerica, she was friendly but refused to even acknowledge that either of them was changed, let alone talk about any alternative future for herself (really, Bethesda, it would have been nice if there were a little special dialogue between Serana and her mom if Serana gets cured, but I suppose you can't think of everything... ). After Mari had collected her belongings they left the castle in a sad mood, but knowing they had at least tried.

ETA:
With the last ties to their vampiric past severed our two heroines finally felt free to go adventuring any way the wind blew them ("two adventurers, like in the old stories"). Their first stop was the Dawnstar sanctuary for a few days of R&R. Marilyn had a chat with Mom and was given a new contract. She also learned that according to an informant formerly associated with the Thieves Guild the Morag Tong, believed extinct since the devastation of Vvardenfell, had raised their ugly head on the isle of Solstheim and might be trying to use it as a bridgehead for a future expansion into Skyrim [/made-up RP excuse for getting Mari to Solstheim]; this would have to be looked into sooner or later.

In the meantime, however, Mari remembered that long ago a Bosmeri compatriot and Dwemer archeologist had asked her to retrieve a special artifact from Blackreach - which they did, leading into 3DNPC quest The Teleportation Machine (one of the funnier ones). The ensuing expedition from Alftand ended differently than expected, but the reward was still good (1000,- septims, every one of them earned considering Mari had been hired as a bodyguard and her client survived an unexpected dragon assault on the way to Alftand).

Sometime inbetween Marilyn and Serana raided the interior of Mehrunes Dagon's shrine (which Mari hadn't dared to venture into when she had come there with Silus Vesuius to reassemble Mehrunes's Razor, deterred by rumours that it was guarded by that abomination from the Oblivion plane of Requiem, Invisible Entities; thanks to her Predator Vision, a lingering vestige of her vampiric days, she was now able to defeat them) and came out laden with valuable loot. They also recieved further proof of the Dawnguard's neverending enmity when stepping out of the Great Lift at Alftand they were attacked by a group of Dawnguard soldiers who needn't have died if their superiors had just been willing to listen when Mari tried to make peace. :roll:

Jeder sollte einmal reisen in das schöne Vvardenfell!

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:36 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, Morrowind
UESPoints: 7
Since Nazir and Babette protested about Cicero's return to the family, Felina decided to take it upon herself and babysit him for a while. Its just a front for what they're really up to: finishing off the last of the Brotherhood's contracts before crap went down hard. Who else is going to do it now?

They rested at Honeyside for a few days with Felina's family and she made sure to feed Cicero his carrots and sweetrolls. He's like a child, she swears. "I'm hungry" he says, so she goes to the market, gets him a damn sweetroll, and he eats it within minutes and is asking for one again. Geesh.

But *funny moment* happened when she was in Iona's room hanging out with Onmund. LOL She was sitting on the floor (cross-legged sit mod) and Onmund was on the chair. The door was closed. I left them idling like that while I went to take care of something and came back to Cicero barging into the room and walking up close to them. Immediately, Onmund stands up and leaves. Ha! :P

Anyway, the dynamic duo (along with Lucien)...guess they be a trio...are in the Rift slaying bandits and vampires for skooma and moon sugar. She does feel a tiny bit guilty about not being at home mothering the kids or whatever, but someone has to bring home the gold.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:28 pm 
Champion
Champion

Marilyn (II), Bosmeri archer, and Serana, Nord adventurer, spent a few days of trading and crafting and (in Mari's case) a night of thieving in Windhelm, then booked a passage aboard the Northern Maiden (Dragonborn DLC spoilers following).
Spoiler:
Within 48 hours from their arrival in Solstheim they

- found their Thieves Guild contact, but it turned out he couldn't tell them any more about Morag Tong activities on the island than they already knew but rather required their help against a freelance thief;

- met a very rude Orc with a bodyguard who had "competing crime boss" written all over him and would have to be brought to heel or disposed of, depending on which would prove more feasible;

- identified the wealthiest family in Ravenrock and Marilyn vowed to break into their home and clear out all valuables ASAP;

- found the corpse of a Dunmer wearing an armour that looked vaguely Daedric but wasn't and seemed to be cursed to kill its wearer with headaches (a Requiem thing);

- discovered that everybody in the settlement was engaged in the construction of a mysterious building similar to a shrine which they denied all knowledge of when queried. Marilyn first thought of a mass conspiracy but changed her mind when she fell asleep in the Retching Netch and awoke a few hours later to find herself working on the very same building; it now appears that the citizens are under the influence of some supernatural agency - presumably Daedric, maybe connected to the strange armour or maybe not, but certainly not to be trifled with;

- did an old miner a favour and found out that Ravenrock's exhausted mine was connected to an ancient Nord burial site containing the submerged tomb of a dragon priest. It also contained an ominous black book which turned out to be a portal into the realm of Marilyn's benefactor Herma-Mora, but she barely escaped alive from her first encounter with His servants. She wouldn't put it past old Mora to be behind this shrine-building in Ravenrock, and in this case she's not going to meddle with Him as long as He stops recruiting her as an involuntary builder. (It's not like she'll be able to do anything against it anyway, not being Dragonborn and having no talent for Thu'um, but there's enough other stuff for her to do on Solstheim, and reading a few Black Books won't hurt her... at least not much.)

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:25 am 
Warder
Warder

Platform: PC (Morrowind, Oblivion), X360 (Skyrim)
Larawen, Bosmeri assassin, killed Safia.

Longer version. Contains spoilers for the quest "Kill Safia".
Spoiler:
Nazir's next task would take Larawen, Bosmeri assassin, back to Solitude to kill the captain of a pirate ship, the Red Wave. She hadn't been to that city since she preserved Asgeir's bachelorhood. After a layover in Whiterun to see the wife, Larawen rode for Solitude on Shadowmere early the next morning. The trip was unremarkable. Larawen stabled Shadowmere at Katla's Farm and waited until after midnight before sneaking onto the ship.

No official lore records what happened aboard the Red Wave that night, but I imagine it became the subject of much talk and speculation among pirates of the time. Most would say that the crew mutinied and killed their captain. However, the crew members told a different story: They say their captain flew into a frenzy and began attacking everybody on the ship, so they had to kill the captain in self-defense.

I happen to know that the crew's tale is mostly true, even though it doesn't mention the mysterious Bosmer in a simple black dress that they caught sneaking into the ship, and that they foolishly allowed to go below deck. Larawen had, of course, cast Frenzy on Safia and then let the crew kill their captain for her.

As soon as Safia was dead, Larawen slipped off the ship and went to the Winking Skeever for some much-needed rest.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:35 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
Other Profiles: Xbox: SargentLipton35
So far today, I've been exploring the midden after I finished talking to Dunlain.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:09 pm 
Champion
Champion

Marilyn (II), Bosmeri archer, and Serana, Nord adventurer, saw quite a lot more of Solstheim than they'd meant to (Dragonborn spoilers continue).

Spoiler:
Returning to Ravenrock after leaving Blodskaal Barrow through the back door they were looking forward to a nice dinner at the Netch, a night's sleep and a day of trading, crafting and relaxation; but after only a few hours of sleep they awoke to find themselves spirited away once more to another shrine construction site, this time in the middle of cold snowy nowhere. Their entranced fellow workers looked like Nords but wore thick clothes of hide and fur of a make they had never seen before (Mari envied them, for the stuff looked warm and comfy although not as protective as the chitin set she took from a female Reaver the day before). Not far from the building site they found a whole village of that strange people, but none of them deigned to speak to them; the few they saw were busy conducting some magic ritual. Maybe they were the ones hypnotising everybody else and making them build these shrines? Marilyn neither liked nor trusted them.

So there they were, leagues away from Ravenrock and with no idea how to get there except by following the coast line which would sooner or later take them to the harbour. They were still carrying all the loot from Blodskaal Barrow which they had hoped to sell and regretted deeply that they had been unable to bring their horses to carry all that stuff for them. Fortunately they ran into a band of Nord warriors who had been driven from their meadhall by a tribe of pig-riding blue-skinned munchkins and were looking for help to retake it. Marilyn, who isn't that fond of Nords in general, briefly considered siding with the Rieklings, but Serana clearly favoured her own people; what made the decision was that the Rieklings had neither money nor valuable goods to offer, whereas the Thirsk folk had a veritable blacksmith! After Mari had picked off the sentinels outside the hall with her arrows the battle inside was brief and one-sided.

With the Nords back in Thirsk their leader, Bujold, felt she had one more thing to do and asked Marilyn & Serana to accompany her to Hrothmund's Barrow where she meant to seek the blessing of the first chieftain. In Mari's eyes that was primitive superstition, but she could tell that Serana sympathized with Bujold, and it wouldn't hurt to get on good terms with the Thirsk folk. So off they went on a march through the snowy wasteland, farther away from Ravenrock instead of closer. Bujold got a chance to show her mettle when they were attacked by a dragon on the icy plateau outside the barrow and acquitted herself admirably. Marilyn therefore understood her disappointment when Hrothmund's ghostly voice declared her unworthy of his blessing, and supported her decision to sweep the matter under the carpet; by Mari's book any woman who walks away from a dragon fight without even licking her wounds is more than qualified to lead a tribe of warriors.

After selling their spare loot to Halbarn the blacksmith the couple continued south along the coast, passing what looked like a complex of Dwemer ruins and the mushroom tower of a Telvanni mage on the way. They had a first run-in with the ash spawn bred from the ashes of Red Mountain and some more Reavers before they reached Ravenrock at last. They also discovered that they could sleep undisturbed in Thirsk as well as in the basement of an abandoned shack they found - everywhere but in the Retching Netch, it seems. So what exactly does this barkeep put into that sujamma which he's so eager to sell to everyone? Is he in league with the furhat Nords and/or Herma-Mora, and what the heck is going on here anyway?

(Trying to make sense of the little world of Solstheim through the eyes of a character who has no clue what's really going on and little chance of finding out is amazing amounts of fun!)

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:38 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Felina went to jail. During her time in that dank and miserable cell, she thought of Sibbi Black-Briar...and his nice bed, luxuries...

and SHE--the Dovahkiin--had to sleep in a flea infested bedroll clothed in rags. Screw her reputation. Next time, she's taking the guards down with her.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:32 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim Legendary, ESO, Legends
Platform: PC, PS3
Other Profiles: Steam: Captain Mauin, ESO: @Mauin and @Merorzen, Legends: Mauin
UESPoints: 1
Haven't posted here in ages, but... Argh. That moment where you go to mess around with character creation (not intending to actually make the character) and wind up creating a new character even though you already have two others going.

It was just an ordinary Nord that I was making, but then I found these lovely golden eyes that looked quite similar to the eyes my Werewolves had. Then I realized that the Nord I was making had certain beast-like qualities about her (elegant, in a way, like a wolf) and... Yeah.
Narji the Blood-Bringer. Female Nord berserker. Not very large, but with all the ferocity of a wolf. Planning on joining the Stormcloaks, the Companions, the Dawnguard, and doing the main quest and Dragonborn. No magic. No murders (except for those committed while in beast form). No stealing.

Now... I need to give her a story so I don't just delete her. A wild lycanthrope taken in by the Companions? Eh. I dunno.

Beyond accidentally starting another character... I've been exploring with Kas'Lei. And also killing things and stealing their souls. And doing a lot of sneaking.
The usual leveling [&@%!]. I was also taking a ton of screenshots, too, but that was just because I was testing a new ENB (Straylight ENB, I think).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:20 am 
Warder
Warder

Larawen, Bosmeri assassin, hired Belrand to help her find the source of Olava's vision at Hag's End.

Long version
Spoiler:
Larawen, Bosmeri assassin, stayed the night at the Winking Skeever. She had another item on her Haafingar itinerary, to follow Olava's vision to Deepwood Reboubt and Hag's End. Forsworn territory. She wanted someone to watch her back, so the next morning she hired Belrand, a mercenary with miserably bad equipment - she would have to do something about that.

I doubt that Larawen told Belrand much about herself or her mission, so Belrand may have wondered if the plain-dressed Bosmer hired him just to go shopping. It probably became clear to Belrand that they were going somewhere very dangerous when Larawen gave him the products of her day of shopping and crafting: New leather armor and a tempered steel sword, some custom-crafted healing potions, and some enchanted jewelry.

"Do I get to keep it?" Belrand asked of his new equipment. "Ha, just kidding."

Yes, you do get to keep it. No kidding.

They went back to the Winking Skeever for the night and left before dawn. Larawen stepped into the guard tower outside Solitude for a bit of privacy while she changed clothes. She came out wearing the Savior's Hide and her furs, an enchanted circlet, and with an enchanted ebony bow and a quiver of ebony arrows slung across her back. Let's go.

The trek was uneventful. It was beautiful hunting land, and they saw some Companions out hunting. Of course, approaching their destination, they had to pay attention to more than just the scenery.

They fought their way into and through the Forsworn-infested Deepwood Redoubt and Deepwood Vale. Belrand proved to be an able fighter, and Larawen enjoyed having the Nord s(p)ellsword along. No doubt that Belrand enjoyed watching the Bosmer's back(side) as she sneaked along in her unusual revealing armor. Just don't get too distracted, buddy - we need you to stay focused.

Hag's End had been taken over by vile witches, hags, and a hagraven, and Belrand commented on their desecration of the tomb and that some of his ancestors might be entombed there. I'm sure that Larawen didn't mind letting him think that was why they were there - to clear the tomb of the desecrators.

They found a word wall and Larawen learned the word of power, a very useful one for the Bosmer archer. "This is to help you forget what you just saw", she said as she handed Belrand a ruby.

Eventually, they found the inspiration for Olava's prophecy, the dead assassin with the Ancient Shrouded Armor. "Here's something else to help you forget what you saw today," she said as she tipped Belrand an emerald.

It was nearly dawn, but they slept a couple hours in the Forsworn camp before returning to Solitude. Larawen dismissed the now wealthier and better-equipped Belrand.

Larawen hurried back to Whiterun and arrived in the wee hours. Ysolda was sound asleep.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:19 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Felina and Onmund picked up a new friend: Erandur. After helping him make things right at Nightcaller Temple, they figured a bit of karmic service might help the priest put a bit of good into the world. Starting with Ynglvild Barrow. Not...the greatest place. Onmund and Erandur both voiced their concerns upon entering the cave, to which Felina promptly responded that its a dungeon...what else do you expect besides a looming death?

One thing though that left her very puzzled was how did those measly ghosts become so damn powerful? Ghosts with clothing (instead of armor) and steel daggers shouldn't be taking her massive health down to half (and one even killed her...err...knocked her down). Seriously...like W T F. Every time I have been in that dungeon with other characters those ghosts are freaking brutal. Its annoying. But its also a good thing that Felina is mostly a mage at this point because her summons saved everyone's booties big time. And no, she wasn't shy about using her necromancy with a priest of Mara in their party. He didn't seem to like it but at least he was still alive at the end.

Who knows what's to happen with Erandur. Maybe she'll take him to Riften and drop him off at the Temple of Mara. Or maybe she'll hang out with him a while longer. Either way, the only thing she dislikes about him is that he talks too much. Silence, my brother. Silence.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:59 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360, PS3
Talia, dalish elf rogue, spared Loghain's life after duel and then Alistair stormed off in anger...wait, wrong game.

Licinia Selvanis, imperial battlemage and vampire Lord with Serana:
- Reached the end of Alftand and found the entrance to Blackreach. Before entering Blackreach, she did two trips to towns just to sell or store loot.
- Started exploring Blackreach, found Sinderion's lab (and what was left of the master alchemist) and decided it's a good base from where to explore the place.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:06 am 
Warder
Warder

Larawen, Bosmeri assassin, finished the Dark Brotherhood questline and then fed the Night Mother's corpse to some mudcrabs. The end.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:54 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Felina made the mistake of sleeping at a bandit fort. The room was empty and secure when she went in there, exhausted from killing the brigands on her own. She just wanted a damn nap and instead she awoke to a bandit standing over her. He quickly paid the price for sneaking up on the Dragonborn and she decided never to go exploring by herself again without someone else to keep watch.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:50 pm 
Champion
Champion

Snail's Pace wrote:
Larawen, Bosmeri assassin, finished the Dark Brotherhood questline and then fed the Night Mother's corpse to some mudcrabs. The end.

Sacrilege! :shock: :Angry: :wink:

Marilyn, Bosmeri Archer and a Listener faithful to her Mother and Father, and Serana, Nord adventurer, investigated a local intrigue in Raven Rock which led them straight to the lair of the Morag Tong (who were, after all, the reason they had come to Solstheim in the first place). The Tong is now truly as extinct as it was believed before, at least on Solstheim. Also Mari has a badass new set of armour (Assassin Armor from azirok's Requiem/Dragonborn patch - something no assassin worth her salt would wear on the job due to its daedric spikes and red highlights that glow in the dark, but great for adventuring and fighting dragons in) and is in dire need of a house to stow all the loot and gear in that keeps encumbering her.

On the way to the Tong's local headquarters they encountered a monstrous fish-faced creature of Oblivion which spewed poisoned tentacles (obviously an escaped denizen of Herma-Mora's realm) and gave them a hell of a fight, regenerating as quickly as they could hurt it (i.e. a Lurker requiemified by the abovementioned patch). Fortunately they discovered that it was weak to frost; Marilyn's frost-salted arrows and Serana's ice spells defeated it by a hair's breadth.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:11 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

My newest character just made it into whiterun for the first time. Visited Jorrvaskr sgned on with the companions and did some things around the town. Some of those things involved borrowing arrows and a spare shirt from a guard.

Finally got my first job as a member of teh companions. The town of Whiterun needs some Falmer cleared out of a cave nearby. SIMPLE right? go to the cave, clear it out, lock blades with the chief of the group and walk away poisoned half to death licking my wounds. Managed to get back to the open fields around whiterun and run into some thugs who have a message for me.... you know, the heavy blunt object to the face type. Dispatching the thugs and sifting through their bodies I find the contract, read it and see just who sent these thugs after me....

A Guard from the town of Whiterun. My character makes no attempt to hide the fact that they join the companions... the town requests teh job that sends me out hunting falmer... and there's a convenient ambush waiting for me? This toon needs to be more careful, seems someone in Whiterun doesn't like them and wishes them dead.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:21 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Bloodlet Throne: Felina is infected with Sanguinare Vampiris. Out of cure disease potions and in the middle of a snowy wildernerness, she turned in the 3 days time it took her to return to Falkreath. Her beautiful face is no more. Now she sees a monster, one she's always hated and felt disgusted by. She's become the worst thing imaginable.

After assassinating Jarl Siddgeir's bodyguard, she returned home to Morthal and her family a foul creature. Although she was able to go days without feeding, the urge turned too strong and she ended up feeding on her husband a couple of times. She felt tremendous guilt over it so she left (with Lydia in tow) to meet up with Malborn in Solitude.

First, she needs to complete Delphine's mission. Then she'll go ahead and have herself cured. She would do it sooner but there's one thing...and that is she wants to prove stupid Delphine wrong about her lame plan of not fighting her way through the embassy. Felina does things her way and no one is going to tell her otherwise. So with her new vampiric powers, she might just have a slight bloody mess on her hands when all is said and done.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:43 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Platform: Xbox, 360
Finally completed No Stone Unturned for the first time.

It's nice to have all that clutter removed from my inventory.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:54 pm 
Champion
Champion

^Tell me about it! I've only completed it once and swore to myself afterwards never to pick up one of these accursed stones again... then did it nevertheless. The reward is rather nice though, if somewhat OP.

Marilyn, Bosmeri archer, and Serana, Nord adventurer, continued exploring Solstheim and ran into a pair of Fire Lurkers - another azirok creature (see above): imagine a Flame Atronach and a Werewolf had a child using werewolf animations and with a werewolf's attack speed; damn, these things were fast! Also scratch what I wrote above about beds in Thirsk being safe to sleep in - apparently these weird Nord followers of Herma-Mora are able to spirit people away to some construction site from everywhere; Mari and Serana were even kidnapped from their own house! Yes, they have their own house in Raven Rock now in reward for saving the Councillor's life - but what good is a house that's not safe to sleep in? Solstheim is grating on Marilyn's nerves a lot - all these dead trees everywhere, a Bosmer's nightmare, and the matter of those creepy shrines... I think they'll be heading back to Skyrim rather soonish.

Also Serana doesn't seem to like Lucien Lachance, she's always loitering well behind him.

ETA: They've discovered the mother of all these shrines they've run into all across Solstheim, a huge construction site in the middle of the island. The foundations look like one of the ancient Nord burial sites they're familiar with from Skyrim, but something totally different is being built on top of that, something... uncannily different from anything else they've ever seen. It reminded Marilyn of a dream she had after reading that black book they found in Blodskaal Barrow, a dream of an endless library populated by horrible creatures... but was it really a dream?
(OOC: I just realized how much that sounds like an abstract of an imaginary Lovecraft story... and how lovecraftesque the main quest part of Dragonborn is altogether, with its tomes of forbidden knowledge and monstrous fish and starfish creatures... all that's lacking is non-Euclidean geometry in the architecture of Miraak's temple and a professor from Miscatonic University, Arkham... Ia! Ia! Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!)

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:18 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360, PS3
Licinia Selvanis, imperial battlemage and Serana, not-so-imperial vampire are still romping around Blackreach, collecting things and killing things. She found out that Chaurus hunter fledgelings are hard to get a hit in, damned bugs.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:30 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Started today a new game with an Altmer bard. At the intro there happened a funny bug: Alduin wouldn't land on the tower-top, but kept circling in the air. All the while the executioner held his axe aloft and stared at my character, as if thinking something like: "To strike or not to strike, that's the question." After a few laps around Helgen, Alduin finally managed to land and play his part and the intro proceeded normally after that.

After the usual happenings at Riverwood I got to Whiterun, and managed for once hit with my bow the giant that the Companions were fighting (usually I either arrive too late or hit one of the Companions). Then I had a chat with Balgruuf and he told me to go to fetch the tablet for Farengar. I also received Amren's quest. Tomorrow I intend to complete that and get some money and experience before heading for the Bleak Falls Barrow. So, not that special playing day, but still had some "new character charm".

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:00 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

Other Profiles: virtuxa (steam and deviantart)
Well, Eriseya finally did what she had to do as a dragonborn.
Spoiler:
It did leave her feeling oddly empty. Maybe it was Paarthurnax's response when she returned or having to leave Sovngarde so soon, but the triumph she'd hoped to feel stayed out for some reason.
It got better however, when she reached High Hrothgar again and Lydia emerged, running straight toward her. They really had become close over the months.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:02 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Today, Eryniel first fetched the Horn of Jurgen Windcaller for the Greybeards. The trip to Ustengrav was rather hard: Next to Drelas' Cottage, she got attacked by a dragon which almost killed her. After exhausting her potion supply she had to lure the beast to two mammoths and a giant, which finally killed it. In the process she accidentally shot a mammoth in the side. So she had to run from two angry mammoths and the giant. Just when she had got rid of her pursuers, the bandits guarding Silent Moons Camp started to taking potshots at her. She ran, her arrows being few after the dragon fight. The bandits got distracted by some animal, and she already breathed in relief. But just then a sabre cat rose from the bushes right in front of her. Annoyed, she cast Fear on the beast and spent most of her remaining arrows on killing it, as it tried to run away. After a brief resupply trip to Whiterun Eryniel finally got to Ustengrav and out without serious complications.

Then she went to Riverwood, met with Delphine and accompanied her to Kynesgrove. The fight with Sahlokniir was extremely hard, not least because it started at midnight, with a blizzard to complete the near-total darkness. Luckily the clouds broke and auroras lighted the second half of the combat. After killing the dragon Eryniel went to Kynesgrove in order to have a good sleep at the inn. But just as she stepped on the inn's porch, a second dragon attacked! As her health potions had all been exhausted, Eryniel would have been toast if not for the Dawnguard patrol that happened to arrive at the scene. The dragon killed all of them, but was so battered that it couldn't fly anymore. Eryniel killed it by taking quick potshots from behind the inn's corner.

After returning the horn, Eryniel embarked on a journey to Winterhold College in order to obtain beefier Illusion spells. En route she helped Cicero to get his cartwheel fixed. Then she came to Weynon stones, where a threeway battle between Thalmor, Stormcloaks and Legionnaires raged. Delighted at a chance to strike at Thalmor, she used Fury on several of them, thus tricking the Legion soldiers killing the last ones. Then she happily looted the fallen Thalmor (but left the other corpses be), camped the night on the spot and at dawn returned to Whiterun to sell her loot. Then she came back to Weyinon Stones and started for Winterhold again.

Quite an enjoyable playing day, in other words.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112 ... 126  Next