UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2024 8:22 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111 ... 126  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 'What You Did in Skyrim Today' Thread
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:16 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, Morrowind
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 7
I can't believe Aarah finally managed to do the DB questline. Well done. :)

Speaking of assassins, Felina must be on her womanly time. She turned in two bar wenches to their deaths: Saadia and Lynly. She had originally started to side with Saadia until the tramp said she'd rather see Felina get eaten by a Sabre cat. And besides, the Ali'kir warriors showed her more respect as a fighter than Saadia did. Felina loves being praised for her skills with a sword.

And as for Lynly...that crying sniffling wench shouldn't have sent her brother after such a dashing man such as Sibbi. Again, Felina just happens to be full of herself and she's shallow enough to side with someone who tells her she's mighty attractive and offers gold in the process. Lynly offered only a good conscience, and Felina doesn't have one.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:45 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games: oblivion, skyrim
Platform: xbox 360/one
UESPoints: 14
Dohva. wrote:
I can't believe Aarah finally managed to do the DB questline. Well done.
Aarah thanks the mistress of Felina (the evil lady has returned!) - although she's not sure whether she should be ashamed rather than appreciative! She didn't even kill Cicero when she had the option - I blame bad encouragement from you! ;) It shall certainly be interesting having Cicero as a follower - I can only imagine him jumping around the dungeons, giggling and talking to himself and alerting all the draugr to our prescence!

Today, Aarah investigated what the red crosses on the Skyrim map related to, but soon realised that they were just the blessing stone locations.

She teamed up with her college buddy, Onmund, and they both went to Forelhost to retrieve the requested dragon priest mask. The place was over-run with draugr, especially deathlords. Lots of use of the aura whisper shout as usual, to avoid nasty surprises, and new(ish) favourite spell of paralyze, that keeps the undead still while you attack (or keeps them quiet while you deal with others).

Surprisingly, Onmund managed to not maim himself on the booby-traps too much and, after a day in Forelhost, we finally found the key to the locked well and entered the refectory. Having hoped that the dragon priest would be just through the doors, one aura whisper showed that there were a lot of beings scattered about that we would have to encounter before reaching the end of the crypt. This was the deciding factor in making us stop for the day and get some rest in a safe zone in the refectory entrance.

Hidden:
I apologise for switching between third and first person narrative.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:17 am 
Undecided
Undecided

ES Games: Oblivion (SI); Skyrim (DB)
Platform: Steam, XBox
Other Profiles: DarkSpark135
UESPoints: 5
Casandra went down to Forelhost today to get some Ancient Nord Armor for Lydia (to complete that Xena look). It's been quite a while since she last visited the place it seemed all new to her. Since she forgot to stock up on potions before diving in, Casandra was able to re-familiarize herself upon two or three reloads.

I help pull Cassie through the whole ruins having learned two things: 1) Fire Runes and Oil go together like chocolate and peanut butter— to someone who's allergic to both. 2) Dual-wielding with Mister Stabby in the left hand is better than using two swords, even if a main gauche sword delivers higher base damage. A dagger in the left simply speeds up the attack rate immensely.

Casandra: At the moment, the deadliest weapon at my disposal is a goblin's head on a stick. I'd be worried if this was the plan.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:08 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Dark Spark wrote:
Casandra went down to Forelhost today

Hmm, Aarah and Onmund didn't see her in there. I hope she doesn't attack friendlies, or trouble may ensue.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:34 pm 
Undecided
Undecided

Aarah wrote:
Dark Spark wrote:
Casandra went down to Forelhost today

Hmm, Aarah and Onmund didn't see her in there. I hope she doesn't attack friendlies, or trouble may ensue.

I know why. Cassie never went looking for the well key. She simply picked the lock.

Casandra: At the moment, the deadliest weapon at my disposal is a goblin's head on a stick. I'd be worried if this was the plan.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:03 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Morrobloodtribunal, Oblivering Knights, Skydawnfireborn
UESPoints: 2
Marilyn (II), Bosmeri vampire archer,
- took Serana to the Soul Cairn once again where they told Valerica about Harkon's death and accompanied her back to Nirn.

- guessed that mother and daughter might appreciate an opportunity to discuss some issues and refamiliarize in private without the daughter's lover interfering, and felt like she needed some time alone as well to sort her thoughts and feelings. Basically she's having second thoughts about her decision to become a vampire; she's never been comfortable with being beholden to a god of rape and domination, and considering the fate of Serana's family she's beginning to realize that immortality isn't all it's cracked up to be. So she left Castle Volkihar with no other company than Garmr and CuSith, her first goal the Dawnstar sanctuary where she feels more grounded and at home than anywhere else in Tamriel; no better place for making weighty decisions.

- met a stray dog on the road south-east from Dragonbridge that leads past Meeko's Shack. It looked so very like her dead canine friend that she would have shed a tear if she had any in her undead state. Without thinking, she got out of the saddle, baited the dog with a piece of raw meat and a few friendly words and stroked its coat. When she mounted again and continued on her way the mutt followed her, undeterred by the growling of the deathhounds. She named it Mogo for her favourite song and for its similarity to Meeko.

- stopped in Morthal and talked to Falion, remembering rumours that he was an expert in all matters concerning vampires and other undead. He offered to cure her if she could procure a filled black soul gem. Mari actually had one in her pouch right then but didn't feel like being hasty and retired to the sanctuary for further consideration. After some days of crafting and brewing (which she likes to keep herself busy with while her mind is pondering some serious question) her mind was made up: she would seek a cure; but she felt it would be wrong to do something so momentous behind Serana's back (especially as being mortal again would mean being banished from the clan) - so back to Castle V it was to tell Serana about her decision and ask her lover to come with her and be at her side when Falion would do whatever he would do.

Jeder sollte einmal reisen in das schöne Vvardenfell!

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:40 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Aarah's Log, 10th Frostfall

Hidden:
Went to Sightless Pit (Temple of Xrib) to get the Dawnguard Rune Hammer. Unfortunately it doesn't work - it won't produce a rune so it's basically just a big hammer. I'm not fussed though as i wouldn't have used it anyway - I know the fire rune spell so i'd just use that rather than lugging that heavy thing around.

Went to Shreikwind Bastion, i had been told that there was a word wall in there.
It was a Nordic ruin but turned out to be quite a relaxing one, as it was low level and was occupied by 90º/º skeletons, one odd vampire thrall and a couple of necromancers. I kept getting cool kill cams for the skeletons, seeing as they only needed one hit to take down. There was a massive deep chasm with them in too, so the fireball would travel for ages before BAM! hitting the skeleton. Nice. The baddy at the end with the word wall was not a Deathlord as expected but a Scourge.
I learnt the third word for the Elemental Fury shout - disappointing, as i never use it.

After the ruin, Onmund and i walked towards Sekunda's Kiss to kill the giant that had a bounty on its head. We crossed a wide point in the river, where i had to wait for ages when Onmund got into a battle with a bunch of slaughterfish. He can never just let them things go - he's just got to zap them with lightning til they're all dead. I'm thinking he maybe has some vendetta against them for an unknown reason.
I did get to watch the pretty sunset from the river while i waited though, so it wasn't too much of an annoyance.

It had just gotten dark when we found the giant's camp. I hopped up onto some high rocks and fired a paralyse spell at the giant to keep it still, then fired some incinerate spells at it. It got up again though and another giant appeared from somewhere. They kept moving around and my spells kept missing - my spot on the rocks was too high up.

Onmund was down with them, chain lightning them as usual. He was doing alright but then he went hurtling through the air and into the darkness. I climbed down the rocks and used the Animal Allegiance shout (not tried it before), no animals seemed to come to help, so i used a couple of paralyze spells up close and finished the giants off with the mace.
Onmund hadn't returned, so i had a run around using the detect life spell to try and find him - no luck- then with sadness i tried the detect dead spell. The giants showed up, then a sabre cat i'd killed earlier and then....oh no.... i ran over to the shimmering blob and it was.... a goat. I couldn't find Onmund anywhere in the vicinity. Was he dead? Was he alive? Had he flown a mile away with the giant's swipe? I would never know.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:57 pm 
Champion
Champion

Marilyn (II), Bosmeri vampire archer,

- told Serana about her decision to have Falion cure her from vampirism. Serana proved unexpectedly understanding and supportive, immediately assenting to come along and witness the ceremony. They left Castle Volkihar without further ado - no deathhounds this time, just the two of them and Mogo (see above).

- lost a companion she had hardly known not far from where she'd found him. They had passed Fort Snowhawk, crossed the Hjaal and were approaching Morthal when they were assaulted by a bunch of thinner-blooded vampires and their thralls (one of them raised the Old Orc whom Mari had slewn in the same place ages ago; miraculous how well corpses are preserved in the cold air of Skyrim!). After Mari had hewn down everyone who got in her way (including, by mistake, a brave Argonian in mourning clothes who turned out to be just an innocent bystander and had actually fought the other vampires!) she found poor Mogo slain by the attackers - history repeating itself...

- spoke to Falion again, provided him with a filled black soul gem and made an appointment for the next morning. As she came out of his house who should be sitting on the adjacent porch but her old friend Gorr, helping out his compatriot Al'Hassan at the grinding wheel! (Both from 3DNPCs mod, if you're wondering.) She slunk away before he noticed her, ashamed to let him see what she had become.

- spent her last night as a vampire with Serana in Movarth's Lair (after clearing out some squatters) and

- Rose at Dawn. How exactly this happened (in my mind) and what followed (both in the game and in my mind) is best told in a story I've started to write and mean to post over on the Roleplaying thread when it's done.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:49 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Aarah's log - 15th Frostfall

Hidden:
Spent some time at home at Heljarchen Hall today. Built a shrine base down in the basement (after being surprised by a bunch of skeevers that were in there).
Needed lots of amulets, ingots and some other items to build the shrines for the individual gods/goddesses. Had several ingots and most of the amulets needed stashed away in a chest in Breezehome, but was short of Dibella and Zenithar.
Travelled to the Temple of Dibella in Markarth to try and get one but didn't find one there (what kind of temple doesn't have amulets for their deity lying around!)

Went on a Stone of Barenziah hunt. I had 16 that I had come across randomly on my travels, but I had sneaked a peek at a list that told you where they all are. The only ones I could remember were in Markarth and Windhelm.
In Markarth, I found the one in the Dwemer Museum in Understone Keep, I thought it was going to be tricky to try and pick the gate lock with the guards right there, but then it turned out that I had the museum key.
I then got the one in the Treasury House (which I also happened to have the key for - I think I took it off a dead body during some quest a long time back).

Next I went to Windhelm, there were stories of a murderer that had been going round killing Nord woman. Maybe it is an Argonian with a hatred for the Nords, or maybe it is a Nord trying to put suspicion on the Argonians by killing Nords -I don't know.
Nobody gave me any information that led me to be able to do anything about it, so for the moment it remains unsolved.

Waited til nightfall and then broke into the House of Clan Shatter-Shield, where I knew there was another SoB. Then I went to the Palace of the Kings and found the one there (typically, in the last room I looked in). I didn't know it would class as stealing if someone saw you take the stone, as it always says 'Take Stone of Barenziah', never 'Steal' so I was surprised when a guard accused me of crimes against Skyrim. I couldn't be bothered with the fine (even though I have more money than I know how to spend - lol) so I reloaded at that point.
After these four new stones had been found, I now only need to find four more. I will probably look up their location rather than waiting to randomly come across them, that could take forever.

I met a woman mourning the loss of her daughter in Windhelm and her husband said that he had been looking for an Amulet of Arkay to help her but he couldn't find one. I had mine that I was going to use for the shrine, but I knew that the woman desperately needed it, so I gave it to him and will have to try and find another one somewhere else. I have looked in several shops for amulets but the only place I found a few was in Radiant Raiments, so I don't know where to look to find the three that I need.

I received another 'Letter from a friend' who knew I had used the thu'um in House of Clan Shatter-Shield earlier (it was only aura whisper about an hour early - this friend doesn't waste any time with his correspondence). The letter told of another word of power in Rjunbald (or something like that), which is North-East of Markarth.

I tried to buy the property in Windhelm but the guy said that there had been 'an incident' and it wasn't available yet.
Was also shocked to see that the deceased Ulfric (looking remarkably fresh) was still sitting at the bottom of the throne, in a pose that looks like he has just performed a stage knee slide. Another bloke is lying dead there too. Clean up, for goodness sake! Very bad taste!
Was also amused by people saying 'Oh gods, no!' when they spotted the body -it's only been there for months.
There were also a group of perpetual diners on the dining table, there all through the night and morning. Every single one of them had nasty words for me when I tried to speak to them - suppose that's what you get for killing their leader.

On a hunt for gold and silver ingots -can't find sellers, so might have to go into mines to get some ore and use the smelter.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:05 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360, PS3
UESPoints: 0
Firyel Swiftblade, redguard ranger:

- after wandering around southern Riften, killing wildlife (mostly frostbite spiders), Firyel found Stendarr's beacon and then Dayspring Canyon.
- She joined Dawnguard and got a job.
- Stopped by in Riften to sell loot.
- Headed out to Hall of the Vigilants to check out what's left of it. She then stumbled upon a dragon attacking Fort Dunstad. After the dragon had been dealt with (and some bandits who didn't realize she only after the dragon), she had to go to Whiterun to get rid of the loot (again.) Spent some time with Lucia too before heading out to Dimhollow Crypt.
- Saved mysterious woman, and they are currently trying to find way out of there.

I haven't been playing much of Skyrim, thank's to the Dragon Age.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:45 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO
Deciding to play to archetypes for awhile. First character on the list is the warrior. So meet Lygia

Lygia began her day in a cart. On the plus side, she'd intended to go join up with the Stormcloaks, just not in this manner. After battling her way out of Helgen, running some errands in Riverwood and Whiterun, she made her way to Windhelm. There was a bounty for some bandits in a tower, which she cleared out, and finally she reached the Palace of Kings.

From there she made her way north, where there were a lot of wolves to fight. Emerging triumphant against the Ice Wraith, she witnessed this beautiful sight before making the frigid swim back to shore (and more wolves).

She swore her oath and now prepares to go acquire the Jagged Crown

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:29 pm 
Undecided
Undecided

Cassie did a little pest control at the Honningbrew Meadery today. After Mallus told her that he failed to mention the lunatic in the basement because he figured she'd kill him for free, Cassie didn't feel so guilty about robbing the place as much as she did. She stole every bottle of mead that wasn't nailed down, then found a bottle that was, and so she stole that one too.

There were about 380 bottles of mead in her inventory when it was all said and done. 260-odd that weren't stolen, and 120 that were marked stolen. That is a lot of fermented bee barf.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:38 pm 
Champion
Champion

Marilyn (II), Bosmeri archer newly cured from vampirism, celebrated her restored vitality with a few days' hunting vacation in the forest around Meeko's Shack (one of her favourite spots in Skyrim), then was rejoined by Serana, remarkably well-preserved ancient Nord newly cured from vampirism. Together they passed through the exterior parts of Labyrinthian (which they left with Shadowmere's saddlebags stuffed with troll skins and ~ fat), then rode south-east across the tundra, their ultimate goal being Ivarstead where Mari still has a Brotherhood contract to fulfill. They stopped one night at Halted Stream Camp where Mari tanned her troll skins and mined some iron, then moved on to Whiterun. They sold some loot to Adrianna Avenicci and Marilyn made a set of Hunter Armor (Immersive Armors) for Serana as her old Vampire Royal outfit hardly seemed appropriate anymore. When night fell they had supper at the Bannered Mare (Saadia, with whom Mari had had a brief affair about a year ago, looked almost as jaundiced as Serana's new eyes when she saw them together) and took the big room upstairs, the one with a double bed. It was the first time either of them slept in a proper bed since becoming mortal again, and both of them awoke in the morning very refreshed and very happy.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:42 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Oblivion, Morrowind, skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
I finally found the trail of mercer. And it is time to finish him off. I need to stop him from getting the eyes and leaving with the skeleton key.

Found him and had a nice battle with him. He tried to sneak on me while being invisible but I cut him down. Then to my displeasure the pipes above broke and the room filled with water. I had to escape.

I found the exit after a hole opened above the statue and made my way out.

Now I have to return the skeleton key. Or do I? A powerful key that will help me break into the most powerful locks. This could be good for a thief like me.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:24 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC (Morrowind, Oblivion), X360 (Skyrim)
Larawen, Bosmeri assassin:
1. Completed contracts on Gaius, Anoriath, Ma'randru-jo, and Deekus.
2. Married Ysolda. I can only speculate why she did that.
3. Found the situation at the Falkreath Sanctuary rapidily deteriorating.

Long version
Spoiler:
Larawen, Bosmeri assassin, traveled to Dragon Bridge to begin her next mission. Arriving in Dragon Bridge, Larawen saw Faida say a heartfelt goodbye to her husband, the Penitus Oculotus agent Gaius Maro, who was about to leave to inspect security in the cities of Skyrim. As Gaius is her next target, Larawen may have actually felt a pang of conscience, not for Gaius, but for Faida. Later that night, Larawen sneaked into the Penitus Oculotus outpost and stole Gaius' travel itinerary. Odd that his itinerary includes Stormcloak cities, but whatever... He would be in Whiterun the next day.

The next morning, Larawen traveled to Whiterun, where three of her four current contracts were located: the agent Gaius, the Khajiit trader Ma'randru-jo, and fellow Bosmeri hunter Anoriath. It would be a busy night. She waited at the Bannered Mare.

Gaius, her most important contract, showed up, as did Larawen's only friend, Ysolda. Larawen and Ysolda had dinner together while Larawen waited for Gaius to make a move. To make conversation, Larawen showed Ysolda her Amulet of Mara. Larawen was surprised by Ysolda's reaction.

I can only speculate why Larawen did what she did next...
Did Larawen realize that a marriage proposal would provide cover for why she was in Whiterun the night three murders were about to occur there? Did she not want to cause a scene with Gaius in the same room? Did she not want to hurt Ysolda's feelings? Or was Larawen actually in love with Ysolda?

Whatever the reason, Larawen was suddenly engaged to be married. Ysolda urged her to go to Riften to make the arrangements. They said goodbye and Larawen left the Bannered Mare to calculate her next move.

She sneaked into the Drunken Huntsman and found Anoriath asleep. Larawen poisoned him while he slept, then slipped back out. No one had seen her come or go.

Then she realized that Gaius was approaching. Was he leaving Whiterun? Gabriella had said to kill him in a major city, so Larawen produced her bow and arrows from her magickal underwear and applied a poison of Paralyze to it. She sniped Gaius from the shadows. Twice. And he still wasn't dead. Damn! The man is tough. Badly injured but very angry, Gaius recovered from the poison and attacked Larawen with his sword. Not wearing any armor, Larawen was now also badly injured. Larawen struggled to move away from him while staying crouched in case the guards noticed the ruckus. She fired three more arrows into Gaius at close range before he finally fell. Fortunately, the fight had occurred in the shadows and no one saw.

Larawen healed herself, hid her weapons in her magickal underwear, and approached the gates of the city. There would be no way to pass the guards without being seen, so Larawen tried her best to look like a woman whose only concern was her upcoming wedding. She left.

Next would be Ma'randru-jo, at the Khajiit camp outside the walls. Given Ysolda's love of the Khajiit merchants, Larawen again may have felt a pang of conscience about this target. She slipped into the shadows and sniped the cat. No one saw her as she sneaked, then ran, away from Whiterun.

Larawen ran through the night and all the way to Riften. A dragon appeared outside the city, but flew away without attacking. Larawen arranged the wedding with Maramal, then went to the Bee and Barb for the night. Though she rarely drinks alcohol, she tried one of Talen-Jei's special drinks, a Velvet LeChance. Maybe it as the alcohol or maybe Larawen was swept away by romantic feelings, but she agreed look for some flawless amethysts for a wedding ring Talen-Jei wants to give to Keerava.

The next morning, Larawen walked to the Temple of Mara. She may have felt nervous that her bride-to-be might not show, but Ysolda was waiting for her. Larawen was swept into the ceremony. She noticed that Hulda and the bard Mikael were in attendance, as were Iona and Lydia, two housecarls Larawen barely knew and without doubt had been sent by their jarls to spy on her. Is Larawen a suspect in the Whiterun murders two nights ago?

Though she hesitated when the crucial moment arrived, Larawen, Bosmeri hunter, agreed to marry her only friend Ysolda, a city-bred Nord, aspiring merchant, and homebody. May they live happily ever after?

The honeymoon would have to wait, though, because Larawen had more work to do. Hopefully, Ysolda knew what she was getting into when she married a Bosmeri assassin, I mean, hunter. They agreed to meet back in Whiterun in a couple of days.

The next day, Larawen located the Argonian treasure hunter Deekus along the frozen coastline and poisoned him as he relaxed in his chair.

Larawen returned to Whiterun the next day. There she may have been surprised to find Ysolda taking Anoriath’s place at the meat stand in the marketplace. She admired Ysolda's drive and opportunism. Of course, Ysolda has no idea that her new wife killed Anoriath - or does she? Does Ysolda know that Larawen is not merely a hunter?

The newlyweds had dinner at the Bannered Mare and later retired to Ysolda's cozy little house. Larawen awoke the next morning feeling Lover's Comfort as she said goodbye to the woman she was quickly falling in love with. She probably hoped to return quickly to Ysolda after checking in at the Sanctuary during her "hunting trip" in Falkreath Hold...

...Unfortunately, at the Sanctuary, things were anything but simple.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:17 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360, PS3
Firyal Swiftblade, redguard ranger
- got herself and Serana out of Dimhallow Crypt.

Licinia Selvanis, imperial battlemage and vampire with Serana:
- Explored Alftand. She kept away from her vampire lord-powers (every time she tried vampire Lord-form she got killed). Supposedly those vampire powers don't work well on dwemer automations. Chain lightning and lightning bolt seem to work just fine.
The place is huge, especially if you end up re-doing parts of it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:07 pm 
Warder
Warder

1. Borrowed a horse.
2. Killed a clown.
3. Won't be summoning the ghost of Lucien LaChance again.
4. Completed a contract at Fort Greymoor.
5. Was late for supper and got the silent treatment from Ysolda.

Longer version. Contains spoilers for "The Cure for Madness".
Spoiler:
Back at the Falkreath Sanctuary, the fool Cicero had attacked Astrid. Unacceptable. Gold star for Veezara, for defending their leader. Astrid loaned Larawen her horse Shadowmere, and the Bosmer left in pursuit of Cicero, who had presumably fled to the old Dawnstar Sanctuary with a werewolf on his tail.

Larawen hadn't ridden a horse since coming to Skyrim, prefering to sneak about, but she spurred the tireless spawn of Oblivion through the night and right through the town of Dawnstar, wearing her Shrouded armor, boots, and gloves, and not caring who saw. Perceptions be damned, there's a clown to kill.

She found Arnbjorn injured outside, and entered the sanctuary. Inside, Larawen summoned the ghost of Lucien LaChance, only because she hadn't done that before and her player remembered reading on the wiki that he provides commentary. However, Larawen found his defense of Cicero intolerable. Furthermore, the unstealthy Lucien gave away her position and was useless in the ensuing fight against two guardian ghosts (in an alternate universe, Larawen was killed by them). Hence, she allowed the guardian ghosts to kill Lucien's specter. Suffice it to say, she won't enlist Lucien again.

Larawen eventually located the injured Cicero, who began trying to bargain for his life. Larawen remained silent, then shot him with a poisoned arrow. And that ends that little subplot.

Leaving the Dawnstar Sanctuary, Larawen may have pondered the consequences of not heeding Lucien's advice to spare Cicero. Or maybe she didn't. Either way, I doubt she would care. Larawen can't stand chaos, which Cicero had brought to the Sanctuary, and he had committed one of the most unpardonable crimes by attacking someone who had taken him into her home, and said he would do it again. The choice was obvious.

She rode Shadowmere to Fort Fellhammer and slept a few hours, and then on to Whiterun the next morning. She hitched Shadowmere at the Whiterun stables. Ysolda was at the market, alternately shopping and tending to her own stand (formerly Anoriath's).

There was still the matter of Agnis at Fort Greymoor. Larawen told Ysolda she was going hunting and that she expected to be back before supper. Larawen knew the fort was bandit-infested, so she hired her old traveling companion, Jenassa, for help getting inside. After a tougher-than-expected fight (a bandit archer shot Larawen's health bar to within an angstrom of death), the elves prevailed and slipped inside. They sneaked about, Larawen sniping and backstabbing, while Jenessa watched Larawen's back(side).

Detect Life revealed only two other living humanoid forms remained in the fort, so Larawen ordered Jenassa to wait while she dealt with them by herself. Yadda yadda, contract complete.

When Larawen and Jenassa returned to Whiterun, Larawen was late for supper with Ysolda. She dismissed Jenassa, tipping her a flawless emerald, and went to the Bannered Mare. There, Ysolda gave Larawen the silent treatment (really, she didn't provide her usual greeting) and they ate supper without speaking. Eventually, Ysolda got up and returned for home and Larawen followed. Back at her house, Ysolda warmed up again and must have forgiven Larawen because she awoke with Lover's Comfort the next morning.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:59 pm 
Champion
Champion

^Dark Brotherhood spoiler (don't click if you haven't played the questline to the end before):
Spoiler:
Isn't it kind of lame that the DB questline continues just the same whether you kill the Keeper or not? In Oblivion you had to face the Wrath of Sithis if you killed a Brother, I think it would be great if something like that were waiting for you at the door of the Dawnstar sanctuary when you come there after killing the Emperor and you had to defeat it as a penance for Cicero's death before you could enter and take your position as Listener. Sadly, Bethesda's credo these days is "Do what you want, it doesn't matter."

Marilyn (II), Bosmeri ex-vampire archer, accompanied by Serana, Nord ex-vampire ... um... spellsword? necromancer? adventurer? (She can't be vampire class anymore if she's not a vampire, can she?) Anyway, they

- travelled from Whiterun to Helgen via Riverwood (where they had lunch at the Giant with Zora and Joslyn Fair-Child, for auld lang syne), then crossed the mountains and reached Ivarstead in the early evening.

- found a Beautiful Barbarian lollygaggin' outside the Vilemyr Inn, and once night had fallen Marilyn backstabbed her without being noticed.

- were unable to take a room at the inn because they couldn't rent them from Wilhelm who is dead and the squatters who have been occupying it and drinking Wilhelm's mead ever since told them all beds were taken. With one corpse in the street already Marilyn was reluctant to cause a ruckus and draw attention to herself, so the couple spent the night in Wyndelius's chamber in Shroud Hearth Barrow instead. They kept the doors leading down into the crypts below safely shut, and with a small fire and only one bedroll they were warm and cosy all night.

- left for Riften early next morning and reached it in the afternoon. Marilyn felt a little guilty for neglecting the Guild lately and was concerned they might relapse into the sorry state she'd found them in when she joined; Brynjolf assured her they were doing fine, but her tribute chest was empty! To set a good example and encourage the others to show some more effort she picked up a few jobs from Delvin; she also sold a lot of stuff to Tonilia and asked her countrymer Niruin to show her some advanced techniques on the bow. Last not least there was an awkward moment when she introduced Serana to her ex-lover Sapphire and Sapphire chose just that moment to polish her sword; don't you even think of it, missy!

- paid a visit to Aventus at Honorhall and had him say hello to Aunt Serana. The boy had grown a lot since she'd last seen him, which was some time ago because she hadn't trusted herself to visit him while a vampire.

- asked for work at the Bee'n'Barb and were given a message from someone named Viranya asking for help. It took a while for Marilyn to connect the name with a face - wasn't that the Vigilant who had given her Stendarr's blessing way back when she needed the blessing of all Nine Divines (for 3DNPC's Way of the Nine quest)? Mari hasn't been on the best of terms with the Vigilants for quite a while, and she remembered Viranya as an especially annoying member of the Order, but she kind of figured she owed the Altmer a favour, so she thought she'd at least listen to what Viranya had to say.

- passed the entrance to Dayspring Canyon on the way to Stendarr's Beacon and thought they might at least let them know that Harkon was dead and the fight was over; Marilyn even had half a mind to let Isran have Auriel's Bow if he asked for it, for to be honest, without him sending her to Dimhollow she'd never have met her true love. But the Dawnguard hadn't forgiven her for her treachery: when they approached the fort they were met with cries of "You never should have come here!" and had to run for it to avoid unnecessary bloodshed.

- talked to Viranya, and it turned out that the matter she needed help with was some vampires at Cronvangr Cave (which Marilyn had cleared ages ago, but apparently it had been repopulated). Chances were that these were what the Volkihar considered "thin-blooded" vampires and Garan or Fura would have wanted Mari to kill them just the same, so neither she nor Serana saw any harm in going along with Viranya's wish (although it turned out the woman was even more annoying than Mari remembered), and after another night in Riften the three of them set out northwards.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:33 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Platform: Xbox, 360
Entered Pinewatch for the first time ever. (Silver Lining quest)

That is one interesting dungeon to be hiding underneath that little tumble-down cabin.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:15 pm 
Champion
Champion

Marilyn (II), Bosmeri archer, and Serana, Nord adventurer, currently travelling with Vigilant Viranya, insufferable Altmeri [&@%!], investigated rumours of vampire activity in Cronvangr Cave; spoilers for 3DNPC quest Vigilance and Virtue following.
Spoiler:
Instead of the expected thinblood they ran into a powerful Requiemified vampire of the ebony-armoured, dragon-priest-conjuring variety who might as well have been Lokil's little brother and took 11 sun-hallowed elven arrows to take down. When they searched the lair afterwards who should turn up but Mari's former travelling companion, Argonian vampire hunter and member of the Order of Virtuous Blood, Among-the-Hist whom she had parted with before taking Serana to Castle V. Their reunion would have been a lot less friendly if he'd had an inkling of her doings in the meantime, but apparently he hadn't been in contact with the Dawnguard and he didn't even seem to recognize Serana; thank Sithis for small favours.

Interrogating a dying vampire whom the clan had left behind they learned that the clan was led by a pair of Dunmer twins, renegades from the Volkihar; that rung a bell with Mari and Serana who had heard these two mentioned at the castle, and in no friendly tone [/roleplay]. They also learned that the vampire, Feldras his name, had been turned not so long ago together with his sister, Rinori; that rung a bell with Mari and Hist, both of whom had met a strangely feeble vampire of that name in Windhelm while travelling together. Before Feldras - who apparently had never fed - succumbed to exhaustion he told them they'd find the twins, or traces of them, at Mara's Pond, which is where they're headed now.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:43 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

Other Profiles: virtuxa (steam and deviantart)
Relatively new character Eriseya slayed Mirmulnir today and has started the climb to High Hrothgar, still a bit unsure about this whole Dragonborn business, but curious all the same.

Adrian has helped out some Orcs and got his hands on Meridia's sword. Being overly curious when it comes to magic, for him this was a good day.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:53 pm 
Warder
Warder

@Finn: Haven't finished the DB questline yet, so will have to come back to that later (referring to the bit in spoiler quotes a few posts above).

1. Had her fortune told by Olava the Feeble.
2. Doesn't like Ysolda's cooking.
3. Is being kept away from Festus for the time being (her player doesn't want to advance the questline just yet).
4. Completed two more contracts for Nazir - a housecarl and a scholar.
5. Absorbed a dragon's soul in view of the Falkreath guards and was called "Dragonborn"... haven't they heard that the real Dragonborn is Breton?

Long version
Spoiler:
The next morning, Larawen, Bosmeri assassin, traded in Whiterun and then went to find Olava the Feeble. As a bonus for killing Gaius Maro in a major city, Gabriella had given Larawen a token which could be used to get a reading from Olava. Coincidentally, Larawen had killed Gaius right outside Olava's house.

After showing Olava the token, Olava peered into the mist of Larawen's future. The vision was ominous, but also directed Larawen toward a new adventure. That will have to wait, though.

Larawen said goodbye to her Nord homebody merchant wife (a marriage that is working surprisingly well). I think their conversation went something like this:

Larawen: I'm off to go hunting in Falkreath Hold. I'll be back tomorrow.
Ysolda: Yes, my love... Good luck with your 'hunting' [wink].

Out of politeness, Larawen accepted one of Ysolda's homecooked meals to take on the trip. However, I'm quite sure Larawen is not a fan of her wife's culinary style. Why must she ruin the meal by cooking the meat and mixing in vegetables?

Larawen rode Shadowmere to the Falkreath Sanctuary. The trip was mostly uneventful, but she actually did some hunting along the way, killing a deer - some raw vension to chase down the meal Ysolda provided.

At the Sanctuary, Astrid was pleased that Cicero was dead and that Arnbjorn had returned. She said to see Festus, who was close to learning the identity of Larawen's next target, a victim that would bring them another step closer to the (so-called) Emperor... but Larawen's player wants to finish up the side missions first, so we're going to assume that Festus doesn't know the target's identity, yet.

So Larawen went to see Nazir, instead.

Nazir congratulated Larawen for assassinating a feeble old woman (Agnis), and gave her two new targets: Helvard, the housecarl of Jarl Siddgeir; and Maluril, a scholar. She'll get right on those.

Helvard first. It was already nighttime, and the target was close. Larawen wore her Savior's Hide with fur shoes and bracers, playing her usual role of intinerant hunter, but she intended to slip in and out of Falkreath unseen. That plan went to Oblivion when a dragon began attacking the town as she approached. Larawen poisoned her bow (which has a shock damage enchantment) with a poison of Weakness to Shock + Damage Health) and ran to assist the guards fighting the dragon. Fortunately, the ancient dragon limited its attacks to blowing frost from the rooftops. Larawen and the guards killed the dragon, and it didn't appear there were any casualties in the town.

Of course, everybody was astonished when Larawen absorbed the dragon's soul. I'm a bit astonished by her ability to do that, too, considering that she isn't Dovahkiin. I can only speculate why she is able to that, but this isn't the "Speculate About Why Your Non-Dovahkiin Character Can Absorb Dragon Souls" thread.

Anyway, Larawen made sure the guards saw her leave town through the east gate, then made sure they didn't see her slip back into town and into the jarl's longhouse, where she poisoned the sleeping Helvard with Paralyze + Lingering Damage Health.

Larawen sneaked back to the Sanctuary to get Shadowmere, and then rode to Whiterun. She got a couple hours of sleep with Ysolda before her wife went to work at the marketplace. Larawen slept most of the day, then rode to Fort Fellhammer, which has become a frequent resting place lately. She would find Mzinchaleft and her target Maluril in the morning.

She would have been better off approaching Mzinchaleft at night, though, because the exterior was infested by Maluril's bandits. She put an arrow through the sentry's mouth, but was seen when she tried to take a position on the rooftop. She got into a shootout with a bandit archer, which she killed with a long-range luck shot - or was it skill? No, it was luck. Fortunately, the other bandits were melee fighters, and weren't difficult for the Bosmer archer.

Inside, Larawen sniped her way to Maluril and completed the contract by stabbing the scholar in the back. She decided against exploring the ruin further, but looted some Dwemer contraptions for precious Dwarven Oil on the way out.

Larawen spent the next couple of days journeying back to the Falkreath Sanctuary via Fort Fellhammer and Whiterun. At the Sanctuary, Nazir had one more contract available.

Edit: Corrected some spelling, since this isn't the "How Many Different Ways Can You Misspell 'Maluril'?" thread.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:44 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, Morrowind
UESPoints: 7
Oh, my favorite part of the Dark Brotherhood quest began
Spoiler:
finding Cicero in Dawnstar.
It gives Felina such satisfaction knowing that Astrid's fate is in her hand. She truly hates that woman. Also, she finished a contract off in broad daylight on a busy street by casting fear on him, summoning a daedra, and then doing "voice of the Emperor" so no one else would have anything to say about the crime. Bounty? $0.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:14 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

Other Profiles: virtuxa (steam and deviantart)
So, now that I have that alternate start mod, I naturally just had to make a new character.

Spoiler because quests (Markarth, Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood)

Spoiler:
His name is Faras Greendale and he started out as a bit of a lowlife bandit, before his life got a lot more exciting. He first traveled to Markarth, only to get caught and thrown into the mine. Once he got out, he helped investigate the stuff that was going on in the city, hoping to make some coin out of it. He did, but he also got his ass back in Cidhna mine for the second time in less than a few days, which was a bit of a bummer, but he also got a nice new set of armor and a massive amount of loot out of it.
His next stop was Windhelm. Not really for any particular reason, he just needed to get away from Markarth and Windhelm sounded nice. Of course, Faras would not be Faras if he did not attract trouble like a charming woodelf magnet, so he soon left the city with an assassination contract ahead of him. To Riften it was.
Here he just so happened to stumble upon a man named Brynjolf, who he then helped with a small scheme, working his way into the thieves guild. After that, he paid a visit to the Orphanage, to help out that kid from back in windhelm.
It was certainly an interesting visit.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:33 pm 
Champion
Champion

Dohva. wrote:
Also, she finished a contract off in broad daylight on a busy street by casting fear on him, summoning a daedra, and then doing "voice of the Emperor" so no one else would have anything to say about the crime. Bounty? $0.

Pure genius! :D

Marilyn (II), Bosmeri archer, and Serana, Nord adventurer, currently accompanied by Among-the-Hist, Argonian vampire hunter, and Vigilant Viranya, Altmeri epitome of arrogance and bigotry (but also quite good with a greatsword), investigated a vampire lair under Mara's Eye Pond. (More spoilers for 3DNPC's Vigilance and Virtue. Remember that piece of lore about the Volkihar's ability to grab their victims from under the ice which was so shamefully ignored in Dawnguard? This quest rectifies that.)
Spoiler:
They found the lair abandoned but discovered a trapdoor leading to a branching system of icy tunnels haunted by several vampires of a weaker breed. On and on it went, down and down, until at last they realized they had to be under the White River and nearing its confluence with the Yorgrim and the docks of Windhelm, and the vampires had used the tunnels to attack groups of Dunmer refugees crossing the river through the ice and drag them down into the tunnels. They also speculated that there probably was an exit leading into Windhelm, and indeed - when they came to the end of the tunnels and climbed up a ladder they found themselves in the warehouse on the Windhelm docks.

At this point Marilyn had to convince her comrades to postpone further investigations a little because she was wanted in Windhelm and as soon as she popped a nose out of the door there would have been half a dozen guards ready to arrest or slay her (she didn't really tell that to Hist and the Vigilant but I don't know what lame excuse she used). They had to retrace their steps and go all the way back to Steamcrag Camp where Shadowmere was waiting, carrying the 20 000,- $ to pay Mari's bounty. Then she gave herself up to the guard at Kynesgrove (who gave her a discount because Thieves Guild), and after her name was cleaned again they proceeded to Windhelm. Considering that their prey were a pair of Dunmer they thought it prudent to start their search in the Grey Quarter - more specifically, the New Gnisis Cornerclub; and indeed they found the brothers ensconced there masquerading as refugees. A short but tough fight ensued, but the vampires were outnumbered and thanks to Auriel's Bow both were killed (also Mari has now two full sets of ebony armour to sell).

ImageImage

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111 ... 126  Next