UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2024 6:17 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109 ... 126  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 'What You Did in Skyrim Today' Thread
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:55 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360, PS3
UESPoints: 0
Wow, it's been a week. Let's see, I've probably forgotting something.

Licinia Selvanis, imperial Battlemage:

- Made it out with Serana and finally found the Pale's imperial camp. Got next war assignment. But first she delivered Serana home.
- Licinia felt forced to accept Lord Harkon's offer and she became vampire lord.
- Next she did the Redwater Den-quest. Pickpocketing the key didn't work (well, did in first time, but she died bit later and had to start all over again) so she just ended up killing everybody. She is not very impressed by her new vampire-powers.
- After getting the Blood Chalice filled, she started tracking down Stormcloak courier. First she visited Windhelm. When she left the city, there was dragon attack. One dragon, several wolves, some random thief and sabrecat later she actually ran into the courier. Mission complished, back to Rikke.
- Took over the Forst Dunstad. Near end of the battle she accidentally turned into Vampire Lord and had to ran from her brothers-in-arms. Stopped by in Whiterun, had a snack from Nazeem :Twisted Evil:
- Returned to Castle Volkihar, Lord Harkon sent them after a moth priest. Serana joined her and they located the priest, Licinia turning him to a thrall.

Milady Winter, nord spellsword and stormcloak officer:
- basically just worked on her houses and shopped. She did visit the Darkbrotherhood Sanctuary and picked up her first missions as newest member of the brotherhood.

Jurie gra-Morq, female orc smith and Gorbash Iron-Hand and pesky Barbas:
- Travelled to Rimerock Burrow. Sebastian Lort was no match for two heavily armed orcs and one immortal dog. Neither did the random bandits, vampire etc they met on the road.
- Reunited Barbas with his master. Jurie gave the mask to Gorbash. He looks odd with it.
- They headed out to Markath.

Nelya, bosmer huntress and werewolf:
- well, she just hunted. Mostly deer, but her arrows also met some random skeleton, spriggans and necromancer.
- Then she visited the shops in Falkreanth and finally got around to talk with Sinding. Hunted the White Stag.
- Now carrying the cursed ring, made it to Bloated Man's Grotto by avoiding roads and signs of civilization (and she didn't turn randomly into wolf at all...I'm disappointed).
- Joined Sinding to hunt the Hunters. Returned to Whiterun with now uncursed ring of Hircine.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:39 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360
Wilhelm, Nord Mercenary:
-Found a strange crystal in Blind Man's Grotto and heard a voice summoning him to Meridia's Statue.
-Cleared the catacombs under the statue of their taint and received the sword Dawnbreaker as a reward.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:30 am 
Warder
Warder

Platform: PS3 PS4
Other Profiles: BuzBee3(PSN)
I heard some new dialog today. Hope I can retell it correctly.
Ursula and Marcurio are at a Fort and Marcurio said: "The dank smell of worm ridden wood in here may make me lose my last meal"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:01 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360
Ursula R. M. It's always great to hear new dialogue, especially from someone you thought you had already heard everything like a follower.

Wilhelm, Nordic Paladin in training:
-Joined the Bard's College in Solitude
-Discovered a newfound talent for the restoration school since he started wielding Dawnbreaker, especially the anti-undead spells
-Found a certain famous drum for a teacher in the Bard's College
-Disrupted a ritual to resurrect Potema
-Forged some dwarven armor with the help of Adrienne, as he felt his iron and banded equipment might be a bit underwhelming for a champion of a Daedric Prince.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:43 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Licinia Selvanis, imperial battlemage and vampire lord + Serana

- Saved Dawnstar from Vaermina's nightmares. Erendur was suprisingly unaffected by the fact he had six limbed vampirebat hoovering behind his back.

- Licinia got thaned, purchased land and started build Heljarchen Hall. Then she and Serana returned to Harkon. They heard the prophesy and started exploring the Keep, looking clues Serana's mother had left.

-spent lot of time in Soul Cairn, exploring, killing things and saving Valerica. Frustratingly, 9th page of Jiub's Opus eluded them.

- returned to Skyrim. Travelled around, sold loot, shopped for building materials, accidentally killed Gregor (while battling bandits as vampire lord), built more of Heljarchen Hall.
- went to Winterhold and joined College to get information of the third scroll. Located a crazy guy in a ice cave. Make preps for journey to Afltand.

Kyra Frostblade, nord barbarian and werewolf:

- tracked down a moth priest, rescued him from vampires. Stopped by in Riverwood, and dragon attacked. Alvor got killed. Sold loot. Returned to Fort Dawnguard and heard the priest read the Elder Scroll. Then she and Serana headed to Volkhinar Keep.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:18 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: ESIII Morrowind, ESIV Oblivion, ESV Skyrim
Platform: Xbox360 & PC
Other Profiles: XXX
Hunting for unusual gems. I have 8 so far. I'm making a detailed list as well of how many stones I found and exactly where I find them.

I also made a trip to Solstheim to purchase the Glass Bow of the Stag Prince. That thing is awesome but I might only use it until I get the enhanced crossbow since crossbows are better suited for a thief.

Also does anyone know why the wiki says it's an elven bow when it's clearly glass? Was there an official update that changes it to a glass bow?

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Dragonborn:Gla ... tag_Prince

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:32 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Nelya, bosmer huntress/werewolf:

- Returned to Lakeview Manor to spend some time with family. Baked snowberry pies for the children.
- Then she walked to Riverwood and met Delphine, who sent her to Solitude to infiltrate Thalmor Embassy.
- Nelya left Riverwood late at night, and once she was out sight, turned to Werewolf. And of course, dragon attacked just then.
She couldn't do anything else but duck it's breath attacks until she turned back to human. Then she shot it full of arrows.
- Sold the loot from dragon to Khajit traders camped outside Whiterun and took a carriage ride to Solitude.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:45 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Morrobloodtribunal, Oblivering Knights, Skydawnfireborn
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 2
Long time no post, and a lot has happened in the meantime. Marilyn (II), Bosmeri vampire archer etc., and Serana, Nord vampire, have retrieved the two other Elder Scrolls needed to decipher the prophecy about the Tyranny of the Sun. (A few spoilers for Dawnguard, CoW quest line and Discerning the Transmundane in the following.)

Spoiler:
Meeting Valerica was a bit awkward for Mari, as meeting your lover's parents for the first time tends to be, and the two of them didn't exactly get on like a house on fire; Valerica acted all protective mom, which was a bit strong for a woman whose idea of motherly care consists in immuring her daughter for 2000 years or so. Still Mari now understands better what Harkon is really planning and is more convinced than ever that he's the ominous World Eater she's been told about and is more determined than ever to stop him. That's common ground enough for Valerica and her to work together, liking each other isn't required. (The other awkward moment in the Soul Cairn was when an undead dragon whom she had just killed addressed Mari and seemed to mistake her for a fellow reptile. Very confusing.)

The search for the other Scroll led the two vampire ladies to the College of Winterhold where Marilyn, after failing twice before, finally managed to sweet-talk Faralda into letting her in; fortunately she had stopped in Windhelm on the way and stolen back the Necromancer's Amulet from Wuunferth to whom she had sold it ages ago, or she wouldn't even have been able to cast the ward required for Tolfdir's little lesson. After joining a field trip to the College's excavations at Saarthal Mari and Serana followed a hint from Urag gro-Whatshisname to talk to a deranged hermit mage living on a little island in the far north who told them where to find the remaining Scroll. Several dozen dead Falmer and demolished animunculi later they reported back to the hermit who then proceeded to babble a lot of nonsense about some Dwemer lockbox he'd discovered and asked them to help him open it by collecting blood of all Elven races for him; which seems a strangely wasteful use of blood to a vampire, but Mari had a visitation by none other than old Herma-Mora himself who seems to have great plans for her and led her to think it might be best to go along with the madman's idea for now.

After that they spent a day or two at the Dawnstar Sanctuary for R&R, and Mari was chidden by Mom for procrastinating on the last contract which she's neglected to deal with since her last visit there. Realizing how much she had become absorbed in matters vampirical recently, to the detriment of her service to Sithis, came as a bit of a shock to Marilyn; she vowed to amend her ways and took Serana on a big detour right to the Bee'n'Barb in Riften where Mari spoke to the client she had been supposed to meet there weeks ago. Fortunately it so happened that the target is someone near Solitude, which is the direction they're going to travel eventually anyway – and thence onward to Castle V to find out what the Scrolls say.

Jeder sollte einmal reisen in das schöne Vvardenfell!

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:13 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

- infiltrated Thalmor Party at the Embassy and she is now middle of Diplomatic Immunity-quest.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:27 pm 
Warder
Warder

Platform: PS3 PS4
Other Profiles: BuzBee3(PSN)
Aha!! I found a new location. That is hard to do at this stage in the game. Kagrenzel.
Hidden:
I sorta cheated, looked in the wiki: But I have been to Stony Creek Cave more times than I care to mention. I tried to get up the stinking waterfall so many times. The fact that some other place dumps into it finally drove me nuts and I looked it up. Got directions on the wiki to find Kagrenzel.
Marcurio and "I" went there to check it out. Fun ride down.

So yeah, I am doing a lot of boonie crashing to try to fill in the map and find new places. Today I found a chest "guarded" by two dead guys, just laying out on a cliff I goat scaled. Anyway, still having fun.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:56 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Skyrim, Daggerfall, Arena, Morrowind, Oblivion
Platform: PC (I-V), Xbox 360 (IV & V)
Other Profiles: Steam: Chadonraz
- Progressed the DG questline up to "Chasing Echoes"... no, Serana, I don't have a moment to talk :roll:
- Fetched two books from Glenmoril Coven (and got chased there by a dragon)
- Battled two dragons
- Received a radiant quest whose target is on an island I won't be able to access until after killing Mirmulnir and doing a bunch of other stuff... fortunately it's just some crossbow plans
- Came up with an alter ego for my character; "The Masked Bard"... can't wait to get a chance to use it :lol:
- Killed a billion bears and ten billion wolves
- Got fed up with the ten million high level Falmer (I may need to edit an .esp) in Alftand Animonculory and used "killall" at about halfway through the zone :roll: :oops:
- Spammed Aura Whisper and Ice Form
- Found the first Word of Kyne's Peace
- Had a ton of fun with Fury

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:13 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

- Continued sneaking around Thalmor Embassy. Killed lot of thalmor, managed to keep Malborn and the other guy, who was shackled to a wall, alive during their escape.
- Returned to Delphine. Sold loot. Stopped at home for some down time before heading out to Riften.

Auri Leafblade, battlehardened bosmer:
- Basically just build a small hunting cottage to Lakeview Manor. It did require few trips to nearby towns for supplies and visit to Half Moon Mill for more lumber. Made Rayya a steward before heading out towards Lost Knife Hideout. Followed orc near Fort Amol to see if he got attacked from the Fort...no such luck.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:13 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, all DLC, Oblivion, GoTY and aniversary, arena
Platform: X360/PC, X360/PC, PC.
Chadonraz wrote:
- Received a radiant quest whose target is on an island I won't be able to access until after killing Mirmulnir and doing a bunch of other stuff... fortunately it's just some crossbow plans

Actually, you can, the boat is still at Windhelm. You just cannot take it for free, you have to pay.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:25 am 
Novice
Novice

CBR JGWRR wrote:
Chadonraz wrote:

Actually, you can, the boat is still at Windhelm. You just cannot take it for free, you have to pay.

I know how to get to Solstheim... I've even visited it with this character.
I was talking about Wyrmstooth (new lands mod).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:58 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, all DLC, Oblivion, GoTY and aniversary, arena
Platform: X360/PC, X360/PC, PC.
Chadonraz wrote:
CBR JGWRR wrote:
Chadonraz wrote:

I know how to get to Solstheim... I've even visited it with this character.
I was talking about Wyrmstooth (new lands mod).

Fair enough. :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:37 pm 
Imperial Legate
Imperial Legate

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO
Platform: PC, Xbox, Xbox 360
UESPoints: 20
Rayles the Dunmer Conjuer has been cave spelunking around Skyrim, for no particular reason. He feels there shouldn't be a single cave he hasn't explored and resurrected at least one dead thing in.

Monsters are bred in labyrinths, labyrinths are bred from walls. There is a reason the Giants choose to remain nomadic rather than follow their shield kin the Nords in building permanent settlements. The Tower is the beginning of all walls.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:35 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox, 360
Poo, the Imperial Ranger-esque stealthy thieving archer, did The Lost Expedition quest. For anyone who cares, Nchuand-Zel contains enough smeltable Dwarven materials for at least 408 Dwarven ingots. Yes: 408 from a single dungeon.

While slogging from Markarth to Whiterun at an agonizing overencumbered pace, thanks to Nchuand-Zel's largesse, Poo had to slay a couple of Elder Dragons along the way. Wasn't lucky enough to bag a lowly Skeever or Fox to use as a meat purse, though.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:41 pm 
Undecided
Undecided

ES Games: Oblivion (SI); Skyrim (DB)
Platform: Steam, XBox
Other Profiles: DarkSpark135
UESPoints: 5
That's the great thing about Markarth: Death and treasure, all without having to leave the city. It's fun for the whole family!

Casandra: At the moment, the deadliest weapon at my disposal is a goblin's head on a stick. I'd be worried if this was the plan.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:12 pm 
Imperial Legate
Imperial Legate

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO
Platform: PC, Xbox, Xbox 360
UESPoints: 20
Rayles knows all about foxes. He had one following him for a long time once. Permanent resurrection. Named it Shor. Probably actually was Shor. Shor has a sense of humor like that. Dunmer have a really old relationship with Shor. You might even say they stole his heart. Har har. It's funny because lore.

Also, what's a poor fetcher gotta do to get some master level Conjuration robes? Those colors are simply dreadful, too. What he really wants is some fashionable Dunmer style robes with that effect. Good thing he's leveled his Enchant skill. He's gonna need it.

Monsters are bred in labyrinths, labyrinths are bred from walls. There is a reason the Giants choose to remain nomadic rather than follow their shield kin the Nords in building permanent settlements. The Tower is the beginning of all walls.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:02 pm 
Warder
Warder

Platform: PC (Morrowind, Oblivion), X360 (Skyrim)
Larawen, Bosmeri assassin, made her way back from Riften to the Falkreath Sanctuary to deliver Delvin's note to Astrid. The trip was somewhat eventful, but not remarkable - other than getting killed twice by bandit archers, and seeing some new scenery and locations in Falkreath Hold that neither her nor her player had seen before. I haven't explored Falkreath Hold very well, but that's one of the purposes of this character.

At the Sanctuary, Astrid told Larawen her next mission. It would require going to Solitude to crash a wedding. Larawen hasn't been to Solitude before. Larawen spoke to the Sanctuary folks for advice, alchemized, slept, and then left for Solitude, making it as far as Dragon Bridge, where she spent the night.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:28 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Platform: Xbox, 360
Snail's Pace wrote:
Larawen, Bosmeri assassin, made her way back from Riften to the Falkreath Sanctuary to deliver Delvin's note to Astrid. The trip was somewhat eventful, but not remarkable - other than getting killed twice by bandit archers, and seeing some new scenery and locations in Falkreath Hold that neither her nor her player had seen before. I haven't explored Falkreath Hold very well, but that's one of the purposes of this character.

At the Sanctuary, Astrid told Larawen her next mission. It would require going to Solitude to crash a wedding. Larawen hasn't been to Solitude before. Larawen spoke to the Sanctuary folks for advice, alchemized, slept, and then left for Solitude, making it as far as Dragon Bridge, where she spent the night.

You probably already know this about Solitude, but don't pick up the headless guy's Talos Amulet until you have to.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:02 pm 
Novice
Novice

Completed the Dawnguard questline. No more random daytime vampire attacks - or Serana. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:31 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Auri Leafblade, bosmer warrior,
- Cleared Lost Knife Hideout....she so loves watching them run off to their own traps...
- She returned to Darkwater Crossing, where Anekke was so grateful for getting rid of those bandits.

Drofn, orcish shaman,
- managed to find out what happened to Leifnarr. She was killed twice by dragon on her way to Broken Helm Hollow. The dragons spawned at the exactly same spot on both times.

I created a character I plan to play as dead-is-dead:
Arn, orc warrior (heavy armour, war axe, shield).
- So far he's managed to stay alive thru Helgen and Bleak Falls Barrow.

Nelya, bosmer Huntress/werewolf:
- Arrived to Riften just in time for frost dragon's attack.
- After talking with various people (some of them very shady and some reguired bribing before telling her anything), started to explore Ratways. Mostly as werewolf. Killed Gian the Fist with one strike. She had to return to elf-shape from time to time. Mostly to loot. She's leaving Ratways and the Vaults full of dead bodies. (You can blame my daughter for it, she was watching and urging: Kill them! Eat them! 10 years old are so blood thirsty). She did pass the Ragged Flagon as a bosmer and didn't kill anybody there.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:56 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Morrobloodtribunal, Oblivering Knights, Skydawnfireborn
Platform: PC
Marilyn (II), Bosmeri vampire archer, traveling with Serana, Nord vampire, and followed by CuSith and Garmr, deathhounds, has been leading an untypically scholarly life for a while (Discerning the Transmundane and Dawnguard spoilers following):
Spoiler:
First she delivered the requested blood samples to Septimus Signus that enabled him to unlock the Dwarven lockbox he had found. The discovery that it didn't contain the heart of Lorkhan at all but rather a ragged and tattered volume of forgotten lore proved to much for Septimus but highly profitable for Mari who didn't hesitate to peruse the Oghma Infinium and was highly pleased by the sort of reading material Herma-Mora had prepared for her.

Then the two vampire ladies travelled across half of Skyrim to the Ancestor Glade where Mari read an Elder Scroll while making entomological observations on the flight patterns of moths.

Inbetween they stopped in Riften where Marise Aravel was cut down in the marketplace in broad daylight by a mysterious figure wearing Dawnguard armour and wielding a Dawnguard war axe; even more mysterious was the fact that the murderer managed to escape although several passers-by claimed to have seen the guards corner them in a lane adjacent to Honeyside. Rumours about the Thieves Guild being involved were soon dispelled by an incriminating letter signed by the Dawnguard that was found on Marise's corpse.

Also Mari has managed to make herself unwelcome in Eastmarch and Winterhold with bounties of over 20,000 septims on her head on each of these two holds: one for resisting arrest because of some minor offense and killing a few guards in the process, the other for dealing the first strike against a pair of Vigilants of Stendarr in eyesight of a guard... um, and killing the guard too. Oops.

Jeder sollte einmal reisen in das schöne Vvardenfell!

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:20 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: ESIII Morrowind, ESIV Oblivion, ESV Skyrim
Platform: Xbox360 & PC
Other Profiles: XXX
Vidgar the Ne'er-do-well is currently headhunting Forsworn in the mountains. He's getting much better at killing large groups without being detected as well. Kolskeggr Mine was cleared out entirely with throat cuts except for just a few lookouts sniped silently from the mountainside upon approaching the area.

Today was bloody enough; but more blood is always better.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109 ... 126  Next