UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2024 4:27 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106 ... 126  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 'What You Did in Skyrim Today' Thread
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:50 am 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: Skyrim, Oblivion
Platform: PS3, Xbox 360
UESPoints: 0
Spent some time in Riften at first, buying up the requisite ebony ingots and leather to forge myself a Deadric Sword, then off to the jarl to collect the bounty on a giant I had slain the previous day. Then a long journey across Skyrim to Markarth, to deliver the Dwarven arrow that Calcelmo had requested of me. Spent the most of the rest of the day hunting deer en route to Whiterun. Spent the evening in the Bannered Mare with ale and mead...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:30 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC (Morrowind, Oblivion), X360 (Skyrim)
Larawen, Bosmeri assassin:
1. Assassinated two homeless people and a mine owner. She took none of their possessions, and their deaths will appear to be from natural causes (until the authorities get the toxicology reports).
2. Returned to the Falkreath Sanctuary, where Cicero had arrived with the Night Mother's corpse - which I get the feeling will not be good for morale.
3. Got a new contract from Astrid, this one in Markarth.

Long version. Contains spoilers for "Sanctuary".
Spoiler:
Larawen, Bosmeri assassin, slipped into Ivarstead after dark and found target #1, Narfi. She watched him wander outside his shack for several hours. Eventually, she grew tired of waiting for him to go to sleep, so she cast Calm on him, then poisoned him with paralyze and lingering damage health poisons. Larawen took none of his possessions. She slipped out of Ivarstead and returned to Nilheim for a few hours of sleep. One down, two to go.

The next day, near Sarethi Farm, Larawen saw a bear kill two Alik'r warriors and a Redguard woman. She could have killed that bear yesterday but had chosen not to. Concerned about the farmers nearby, Larawen killed the bear this time and continued to Riften.

Larawen traded a bit and camped with the hunters outside the city. She left before dawn, hunted, shot a deer, had a breakfast of raw venison and bread, then continued toward Anga's Mill. At Kynesgrove, Imperial soldiers led a Stormcloak prisoner right into the village. Larawen watched as the Kynesgrove guards killed the Imperials. The freed prisoner then relaxed on the porch of the Braidwood Inn, in no hurry to return to duty.

Larawen made it to Anga's Mill and chopped firewood for Aeri. Nobody at Anga's Mill was named Ennodius Papius, her target #2. Oh, he's camped by the road to the west. Larawen watched him for a while. Fortunately, he went to bed early, unlike the nightowl Narfi. Larawen poisoned Ennodius in his sleep, took nothing, and moved on. One more to go, at Dawnstar. Larawen expected a long night of traveling ahead of her, but soon came across the Nightgate Inn. She continued her journey the next morning.

Next, she came across Fort Fellhammer. It was populated by bandits. Soon it was populated by Larawen. She mined some iron ore for pleasure and slept a few hours at the fort before continuing for Dawnstar that evening. Along the way she saw a dragon attack some trolls. The dragon was non-aggressive toward Larawen. It killed the trolls and flew away.

Larawen made it to Dawnstar late at night and checked into the Windpeak Inn. People in town are having bad dreams. Not Larawen's problem. She spent the next day pretending to be a tourist in need of cash. That Dawnstar Museum Pamphlet given to Larawen by a courier earlier proved useful as cover for why she was in town. She toured the Museum of the Mythic Dawn but did not agree to help Silus Vesuius. Then she mined quicksilver for Leigelf, traded at the smithy and alchemy shops, and located her next target, Beitild, as well as Beitild's house. That evening, Larawen slipped out of town for a long walk on the beach, where she didn't see any unicorns, but she did find the Dawnstar Sanctuary. She couldn't get inside the Sanctuary, but found a tent further down the beach - apparently a romantic hideaway. Larawen slept a few hours in the tent, as she expects a long non-stop trip ahead of her.

Larawen slipped back into Dawnstar after midnight, sneaked to Beitild's house, and broke in. Beitild was asleep. If you've read this far, you should be able to guess what Larawen did next. Larawen took nothing but Beitild's life, and left.

Larawen sneaked out of town in the wee hours to begin the trek back to the Falkreath Sanctuary. Nearing Loreius Farm, she remembered the encounter with Cicero and detoured to the farm. The Loreii were alive and well. The rest of the trip was uneventful and she arrived at the Sanctuary in the afternoon.

Cicero had arrived with the Night Mother, and it did not seem good for morale, as it seemed to undermine Astrid's leadership in the minds of a couple of members. Astrid gave Larawen a new contract in Markarth. They also spoke about the turn of events. Larawen remains loyal to Astrid (I would think that Astrid's more "secularized" vision of the DB is something my ex-Aldmeri assassin/deserter would appreciate). She continues to size up the members - Babette's stock improved when the vampire told Larawen of her loyalty to Astrid. However, Cicero, Festus, and Gabriella remain potentially problematic, and Arnbjorn needs to keep his mouth shut and stop undermining his wife's command. Cicero remembered Larawen from the road and expressed his gratitude for the Bosmer's assistance. He was surprisingly respectful and informative in answering her questions.

Larawen found Nazir, who paid up for the finished contracts. It was late and Larawen was exhausted. She slept in the apparently little used storage room in back.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:45 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360, PS3
Crixius, imperial gladiator
- Recently thaned, spend a night in Bannered Mare
- in the morning, he sold loot and joined Companions
- after sparring with Vilkas and running errands, he got his first real Companions-mission: Clear Graywinter Watch.
- Picked up Lydia for help and headed out to kill some trolls.
- Wandered around the area, found stormcloak camp, killed necromancer and hunted some wolves before returning to Jorrvaskar.

Licinia Selvinus, young imperial battlemage and Belrand:
- Got bit lost and it took them while to find Fort Hraggstad. Killed all bandits and reported back to Legate Rikke.
- Took the Oath.
- Sold loot and delivered bottle of Rum, visiting Blue Palace.
- Licinia is doing things on her own schedule and neither Wolfskull Cave or Korvanjund are top priorities.
- She took carriage to Markath Stables and headed out south, exploring Reach and looking for certain place.
- it wasn't Dushnikh Yal, even if the orcs there asked her to find Forgemaster's Fingers.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:55 pm 
Master
Master

ES Games: IV: GOTY, V: DG, HF, DB
Platform: PC (IV, V) & PS3 (V)
Lilija's done a lot since I last posted, so I'll just give a brief overview:

- she won the battle of Whiterun
- bought Breezehome, adopted Lucia, and left Lydia there to watch over her
- stop Potema's summoning... or so she thought
- made it to High Hrothgar (in fact, this is where I stopped last; I plan on breaking from the main quest and doing Dawnguard after she talks with the Greybeards, though)

And eventually I'm going to break away into a couple of side-characters, since I can't seem to be able to stick to just one at a time, haha. What I mean by side characters is that they'll focus on specific aspects of the game Lilija is leaving untouched. My plan is to do a Breton witch/shaman/Forsworn (who primarily manipulates the weather using Destruction, focusing on Frost & Lightning magic to simulate that) who does the Dark Brotherhood and perhaps a bit of the College (she won't be archmage), as well as a Khajiit thief who does . . well, the Thieves Guild. I won't be doing the MQ with either of them. Far into the future, after Lilija's story is mostly over and my two "side" characters are realized, I'll do another Nord Dragonborn character who focuses on the opposite of what Lilija did. . he'll do the Main Quest, of course, and Dawnguard, but he'll favor the Stormcloaks in the war and be a ranger in terms of playstyle.

and I'm done babbling about future characters lol

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:00 am 
Warder
Warder

1. Traveled to Markarth and saved Margret (I always save Margret).
2. Had her universe split in two. In universe #1, she became my first character to complete "The Forsworn Conspiracy". I decided not to continue playing in that universe, though. I'll save that for another character.
3. Ignored the Forsworn politics (we're in universe #2, now) and had a secret meeting with her client Muiri at the Silver-Blood Inn.
4. Decided to spend as little time as possible in Markarth because of the heavy Thalmor presence there.
5. Left to go kill Alain Dufont (but not Nilsine, who is not covered under the contract). Made it to Whiterun, where she made a friend by delivering a mammoth tusk.

Long version
Spoiler:
Larawen, Bosmeri assassin, traveled to Markarth to meet a client, Muiri. The trip was surprisingly uneventful. Entering the city gate, she saw a man with a dagger sneaking up behind a woman. Unacceptable. The would-be killer was not even Dark Brotherhood. Larawen parayzed the man before he could stab the woman and the guards took care of the rest. Before dying, the man yelled some nonsense that Larawen didn't understand. She spoke with the various witnesses and another man discreetly gave Larawen a note.

After that, the universe split in two. In the first universe, Larawen followed the leads and became my first character to complete "The Forsworn Conspiracy". She did that because her player thought she would get involved in the business of The Reach and become Thane. But then her player changed his mind, realizing that Larawen wouldn't care about Markarth or The Reach (the deer hunting is pretty bad there). So Larawen will go no further in that universe.

In the current universe, Larawen decided to ignore the man's note. She is in Markarth on a job, and getting involved in the Forsworn shenanigans would be an unnecessary distraction. She did a little trading and ran a couple of quick errands for Markarth merchants. The errands required Larawen to make deliveries to Understone Keep, where she noticed a heavy Thalmor presence (all the more reason she should avoid Markarth - Larawen the ex-Aldmeri assassin is hunted by the Thalmor for desertion).

Larawen found Muiri at the Hag's Cure. Apparently, they had a conversation that I couldn't hear, because later they met at Silver-Blood Inn, where Muiri was waiting for Larawen in the room available for rent. Behind closed doors, Larawen and Muiri discussed business. Turns out that Muiri wants two people dead. Excuse me, honey, how many people did your Black Sacrament cover? One, right? That's what I thought. Larawen will kill Alain Dufont for you, but your contract doesn't cover Nilsine Shatter-Shield, and your reasons for wanting Nilsine dead sound insane. Larawen thinks you'll end up regretting having Nilsine killed someday when you come to your senses. (Who says an assassin has to be evil?)

Larawen spent the night at the inn and left early the next morning. First stop, Whiterun. Along the way, she commanded a bear to help her fight a group of looters, and later she accidentally cast Pacify on Talsgar the Wanderer while trying to calm a saber cat. Ironically, the Pacify spell made Talsgar attack Larawen! She re-cast Pacify on him and he went on his way. Larawen made it to Whiterun, where she delivered a mammoth tusk to Ysolda. Larawen had been carrying that mammoth tusk in her magickal underwear for a couple of weeks, so it was good to get rid of it - it was starting to chafe. Larawen got nothing for delivering the tusk to Ysolda (her Speech is already 100), but apparently she made a friend.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:34 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: ESIII Morrowind, ESIV Oblivion, ESV Skyrim
Platform: Xbox360 & PC
Other Profiles: XXX
Got distracted exploring on my way to see the Greybeards and ended up in Kynesgrove.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:46 am 
Undecided
Undecided

ES Games: Oblivion (SI); Skyrim (DB)
Platform: Steam, XBox
Other Profiles: DarkSpark135
UESPoints: 5
Brelyna made everything green. I stepped outside into the College courtyard to let the spell wear off, and a dragon attacked. A green dragon, I think. Because everything was green. Have you every tried to shoot at a green dragon silhouetted against a green sky, among green snow flurries?

That's not the end of it. Thanks to the spell, now I could also hear mint.

Casandra: At the moment, the deadliest weapon at my disposal is a goblin's head on a stick. I'd be worried if this was the plan.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:55 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Do'razha, khajit thief and nightingale:
- is between adventures, so he just returned to Riften, sold loot (both to honest merchants and to Tonalia in Ragged Flagon) and crafted (mostly alchemy, he had lot of new ingredienses to test out.)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:34 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, Morrowind
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 7
Sylmirie, Altmer conjurer, destroyed the Dark Brotherhood. And with every assassin that she slayed, I died a bit inside.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:54 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Danae Neryssa, altmer Nightblade and Illia, imperial witch:
- Cleared Chillwind Depths
Hidden:
Falmers, urg :hate:

- They returned to Solitude, sold loot, got enough gold to buy the last upgrade to Proudspire Manor
- Went home, did alchemy and enchanting. Blaise had a small gift for Mom. (awww). Gave Illia new gear, she looks lot less witchy in adept robes and circlet.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:23 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Platform: Xbox, 360
Reunited Barbas with Clavicus.

Man, that is one hateful pushy dog.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:34 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360
J'Avirr, Khajiit Adventurer:

Has had quite the upswing of luck this past couple days. Not so long ago he was about to be executed by Imperials for the grievous crime of doing some foraging in the wrong spot, then running for his life from a dragon. Next thing he knows, he's being allowed into a walled town to bring news from Helgen and given a task by the Jarl. Sure, some of the inhabitants of Bleak Falls Barrow needed reminding that they were dead and shouldn't be moving about, but they were at least kind enough to carry some loot to line J'Avirr's pockets. J'Avirr's good luck continued upon his return to Whiterun. He was given the privilege of watching Irileth kill a dragon (taking a potshot or two at it when it was safe to do so) and found out he is something called the Dragonborn. This is only natural, for does not the great Alkosh appear in the form of a winged cat? The Jarl was so impressed with J'Avirr's ability to watch Irileth kill things (and possibly his status as Dragonborn) that he made J'Avirr a Thane and gave him his very own bodyguard, who looks quite sturdy and capable of carrying quite a bit of loot. Now it is time to explore Skyrim with his faithful pack mule, er, Housecarl in tow.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:23 am 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Morrobloodtribunal, Oblivering Knights, Skydawnfireborn
UESPoints: 2
Marilyn (II), accompanied by Among-the-Hist, Chara the Black and Meeko,
- stopped in Markarth to retrieve some gear from House Vlindrel, do some crafting and deliver Torygg's War-Horn to Ondolemar (see last post and the one before that);
- discovered Valthume by the wayside and explored it because it was there (and because I had recently failed at clearing it with my Argonian and wanted to see Mari do better). Hevnoraak went down to three shots from the Skull of Corruption. Killing that priest of Mara in Dawnstar was definitely worth it!
- explored the ruins of Arkngthamz. Everything went fine (the Falmer didn't stand a chance, and the few constructs we met were disposed of with only moderate hazard), but of course Requiem had to place an Enchanted Sphere (=Dwemer sphere using destruction spells) in front of the tonal locks at the end. So here I was preparing for an epic battle, Skull in one hand and Hevnoraak's staff in the other, when Chara had to go ahead and finish the robot off by her lonesome. Totally OP follower, gotta ditch her next time I pass by the Dawnstar Sanctuary; this is no fun!

Jeder sollte einmal reisen in das schöne Vvardenfell!

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:15 pm 
Associate
Associate

J'Avirr, Khajiit Treasure Hunter:

-Visited the Greybeards and thought them nice enough fellows, if a bit odd
-Wandered The Rift helping miners, exploring caves and hunting two dragons in their lairs. J'Avirr was somewhat disappointed that the Dragons did not hoard the amount of riches that he'd been hoping, but at least their bones and scales will be worth some coin
-Went to visit Windhelm only to be very rudely rebuffed by the guards, who did not believe he was Thane of Whiterun and said Khajiit were not allowed in the city by order of the Jarl. Lydia was no help, and J'Avirr could have sworn he heard her chuckle.
-Returned to Whiterun and invested in some property, mostly to have a storage place for future loot.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:30 pm 
Warder
Warder

This post contains spoilers for "Mourning Never Comes".

1. Infiltrated Raldbthar and killed Alain Dufont and his bandit gang.
2. Explored Raldbthar and acquired some much-needed Dwarven Oil.
3. Agreed to be on the lookout for an Amulet of Arkay for the grieving Shatter-Shields. Better yet, Torbjorn, Larawen isn't going to kill your surviving daughter.
4. Reported back to Muiri. Larawen is confused about why Muiri thanked her for completing the contractual objective, but not for exercising good judgement with the optional objective. The ex-Aldmeri military officer doesn't need to be thanked for killing Dufont - that's what she was supposed to do - and was hoping that Muiri would have come to her senses regarding Nilsine.

Long version.
Spoiler:
Larawen, Bosmeri assassin, began the hike from Whiterun to Raldbthar in the morning. Between the White River bridge and the Ritual Stone, she was attacked by a wandering group of 4 bandits, 2 of them bandit chiefs. She killed the bandits, getting an assist from a nearby saber cat. Sadly, the cat did not survive.

Larawen made it to Raldbthor in the mid-afternoon. Time for business, so she changed into her Shrouded Armor. The sniped and fought her way into the ruin, then located her target, Alain Dufont. She sneaked to an overlook where she could look over Dufont and his group of bandits. Then she poisoned her bow with Slow + Damage Health. She would have two poisoned shots but there were four enemies. Larawen sniped Mr. Dufont first. He was killed instantly, but the other bandits were alerted. The over-achieving Bosmer sniped a second bandit, wounding him, and he began his counterattack - slowly. This gave Larawen time to reapply poison to her bow before sniping the other two. Badly wounded and moving slowly, her enemies were easy marks to finish off.

Mission accomplished, but there is another matter Larawen would like to attend to while she's in a dwarven ruin: acquire some Dwarven Oil for weapon smithing (one of my self-imposed rules is that tempering weapons requires Dwarven Oil to lubricate the grindstone: 4 for a bow or sword, 2 for a dagger. The character must possess the Oil at the time of tempering and "dispose" of it when done).

Larawen has several Ebony weapons in her possession that need tempering - a bow, a dagger, and a sword. She will need 10 canisters of Dwarven Oil to improve them all.

So Larawen began an expedition into the ruins, using Dufont's bandit camp as her base, and venturing further each day. She lost her sense of time... how many days passed while down there? 2? 3? She made her way through the Deep Market and found Blackreach, fighting constructs and Falmer along the way. For all that, she acquired a mere 6 canisters of Dwarven Oil, but lots of other valuable loot. She needed to return to Markarth and report to Muiri, but made a mental note of Blackreach. Maybe she'll return sometime.

Exiting Raldbthar, it was morning, and Larawen soon found herself under attack by an Ancient Dragon. The dragon unwisely spent much of its efforts fighting various nearby wildlife, when the real threat to its existence was the Bosmer with the bow and arrows. When the dragon was dead, she made her way to Windhelm, stopping at Anga's Mill to relax by chopping wood for Aeri.

At Windhelm, Torbjorn Shatter-Shield told Larawen of his famiy's sorrows and said that an Amulet of Arkay might console his wife. Larawen said she would be on the lookout for one. Better yet, she has decided not to kill your other daughter, Torbjorn. Larawen traded with various merchants, then hiked to Kynesgrove for the night. There she read "Dwemer Inquiries, Vol 1" before bed.

The next day, she made her way to Riften, where she prayed at the shrine of Zenithar outside the city, and agreed to deliver a letter from Bolli to Kleppr in Markarth. She's going there anyway. She hiked to Nilheim for the night, then to Whiterun the next day. There she saw her new friend, Ysolda. The two may not have a lot in common, but they share an appreciation for business. Larawen respects Ysolda's ambition.

The trip to Markarth was eventful with Imperial vs Stormcloak skirmishes. Not Larawen's concern, so she merely watched.

At Markarth, Larawen went to the Hag's Cure to let Muiri see that she is in town. Muiri still wants to be discreet - she started to ask Larawen about Alain, but stopped: "Is Alain...?" I guess they'll meet somewhere later to finish their business. Larawen traded a bit with Bothela and borrowed the alchemy station.

She went to the Silver-Blood Inn and delivered the note from Bolli. It was near closing time for the Hag's Cure, so she went out to meet Muiri, who was found wandering the city. They found a darkened area and waited for a guard to pass. Larawen told Muiri that Alain is dead. Muiri was disappointed that Nilsine isn't dead. Larawen was let down. She thought she had done what was in her client's best interest by not killing Nilsine. Muiri thanked Larawen for killing Dufont, making the former Admeri military officer confused. Why was she thanked for completing the required objective? Larawen had to do that - she doesn't require thanks for merely doing her job. Some appreciation for exercising good judgement regarding the optional objective would have been nice, though.

Larawen went back to the inn to mull it over while sipping a Honningbrew Mead.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:12 am 
Master
Master

ES Games: IV: GOTY, V: DG, HF, DB
Platform: PC (IV, V) & PS3 (V)
Lilija, Nord Paladin, and Illia, Imperial Witch Mage,

- joined the Dawnguard
- found the ruins of the Hall of the Vigilant. Lilija swore to avenge the deaths of her fellow paladins.
- rescued a surprisingly friendly vampiress from her prison after killing many vampires.

Lilija, Nord Paladin, Illia, Imperial Mage, and Serana, Nord Vampire,

- cleared Ustengrav and retrieved the Horn of ... oh, wait, no, there was just a mysterious note. Lilija is tired of mysteries.
- returned Serana to her den of vampires and rejected Harkon's "gift." Lilija was thankfully banished. . and quite pleased with herself. Now she knows where the most evil vampires are headquartered. Once the Dawnguard's strength is returned, she'll lead an assault. Hopefully Serana won't get in the way.
- now without Serana, Lilija and Illia made it to Solitude to answer Falk Firebeard's summons. They are to report to the priest Styrr about Potema's return.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:14 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, Morrowind
UESPoints: 7
Sylmirie saved the COW and blew Ancano up in a million little pieces. Which made a juicy meat pie the members of the college then enjoyed with spiced wine and pole dancing.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:41 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Mânwe Stormbinder, altmer elemental mage and thalmor undercover agent (he's so deep undercover that other thalmor in Skyrim don't know about him) and Lydia, his housecarl:

- Cleared Valtheim Towers from bandits.
- Spammed transmute-spell after digging up some iron ore.
- Sold loot, collected bounty and purchased Breezehome. At least he has now place to store stuff.
- Returned to his true mission in Skyrim, infiltrating Stormcloaks: took a carriage to Windhelm and went to see Jarl Ulfric.
Galmor sent him to kill icewraith.
- Headed north with Lydia, killing icewolves, one frost troll, one bunny and lot's of horkers...hasn't reached the Serpentstone island yet.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:01 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, Online
Platform: PC (I - V, O), Xbox 360 (IV, V)
Other Profiles: JumboWheat01 (XBL/Steam/PSN/ESO)
UESPoints: 3
Long time no post.

So today, I was playing around on my Argonian character today, who while amazingly fun with massive offensive potential, is a bit on the squishy side. Today he got Frost, the first time any of my characters have gotten that horse. What an AMAZING horse, especially with Alpha Horses from the Workshop installed and Fast Travel modded out. He moves so fast and runs for so long. Gonna have to focus on doing that quest asap whenever I head toward Riften again on other characters.

He also completed the Civil War for the Imperials, which caused something like a break for him. I never did the civil war on the Imperial side, and after finishing it, it just didn't feel quite right. I can't really explain why. Guess I'm just a Stormcloak at heart. Maybe it's time for a non-Imperial focused character.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:05 am 
Associate
Associate

J'Avirr, Khajiit Treasure Hunter,

Ducked, narrowly avoiding being bisected by a draugr greatsword. Sneering, he spun around and ran the monster through with his scimitar. His last enemy slain, he and his Housecarl Lydia crossed the narrow bridge leading to the altar. Huge statues arose from the water to either side of them, portending the approach of the legendary Dragonborn. J'Avirr reached out to the altar and retrieved... a note informing him he was too late and asking him to head to Riverwood. He could only shake his head as he left Ustengrav, and maybe let out some frustration by kicking the head of a decapitated Draugr out of his path as he went.

J'Avirr retrieved Dawnbreaker, explored Folgunthur and dropped by Ustengrav only to be disappointed. He made his way to Riverwood, killing a dragon or two along the way. After hearing Delphine's crazy scheme he decided to play along but told her to go ahead so he could visit Whiterun (the only hold capital he's not banned from entering) to drop off Lydia and do some crafting.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:45 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Mânwe Stormbinder, altmer elemental-mage and thalmor secret agent, with Lydia following somewhere behind (far behiind):

- finally found the Serpentstone Island after being distracted by dead hunters (they had interesting map...)
- Killed icewraith (all alone (well, the flame atronach doesn't count)since Lydia just can't keep up). He saw the college of Winterhold from the Serpent Stone and decided to head that way instead of returning to Windhelm.
- Killed more wolves, more horkers, dig more ore (and used transmute-spell) and found the unfortunate Rundi's remains.
- Arrived to Winterhold.
- Sold stuff for Birna and entered the College. Summoning Flame Atronach is something he can do with his left hand.
- Mânwe didn't like Arcano, who should be more polite and less sneery for a fellow altmer.
- joined the College and passed the first lesson, while trying not to laugh out aloud during it. He does feel rather ridicilous playing apprentice but hey, he'll do what ever it takes to fullfill his mission.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:55 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO
Platform: PC, PS4/3, Xbone
Didn't feel like playing ESO yesterday, so Skyrim it was.

Dalvus, dunmer arch-mage and companion Argis:
- headed south from Winterhold, tracked a dragon to it's lair nearby, slew it, and used it's soul to unlock a word from a nearby word wall.
- made their way through Alftand to Blackreach, where they obtained an elder scroll.
- Dalvus still can't shake a few lingering effects from his close brush with vampirism (experiencing a weird glitch)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:41 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games: oblivion, skyrim
Platform: xbox 360/one
UESPoints: 14
Did lots of work buying and building things at Heljarchen Hall.
Aswell as the entrance way and main hall, I now have the East wing kitchen (I hadn't ever cooked before but realised that I like making pies n stews n stuff!) and North Wing Storage Room.

Not sure whether to choose the greenhouse or the bedrooms for the West wing, I think I'm leaning towards the former -just cos it's something different. Will probably build the main structure of one, then reload and build the other for a comparison.

Got a cow and a chicken and just put a nice picnic bench out on the roof terrace of the storage room.

Out in Solstheim, a glitch in the game has spoilt the surprise in the Barrow that Ralis was slowly digging out. Now, instead of finding things in instalments, I managed to drop into the Word Wall room and then drop down a bit of ground that had no graphics, which then landed me in a room with a Black Book.
It was fun getting notes from Ralis and then going back to the barrow to see the latest excavation but now there is nothing to look forward to, as the glitch allowed access to the places that shouldn't have been accessible til later in the quest.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:23 pm 
Associate
Associate

Set out for Kynesgrove by way of Darkwater Crossing, picking up the Annekke Crag-Jumper along the way to provide her with some adventure. Once there he killed a dragon and listened to Delphine's crazy plan, spent a day picking Jazbay Grapes for the Sarethis, and watched a giant and mammoth kill a Blood Dragon. Afterwards they headed south, clearing Ansilvund and visiting Annekke's daughter. Next they made their way west, dropped the grapes off and made their way to Ivarstead to return the Horn of Jurgen Windcaller. Finally the two of them cleared Geirmund's Tomb and found another piece of Gauldar's amulet. Having had her fill of adventure for a time Annekke made her way back to Darkwater Crossing. J'Avirr continued to Whiterun to resupply. He's heard the wizards of Winterhold are messing around Saarthal, the location of the last piece of the amulet. Better yet, they accept Khajiit. Perhaps it's time for some formal magic training...

Edit: I didn't want to double post so I'll just add the next session here

-Enrolled in the College of Winterhold.
-Made it to Saarthal on a college archaeological dig
-Has sworn off tasting Moon Sugar to "ascertain its alchemical properties" after suffering a very strange halucination
-Discovered the last piece of the Gauldar amulet under Saarthal with some help from the college.
-Also discovered an interesting but non-portable artifact of some kind
-Suffered the effects of Brelyna's magic
-Killed a dragon in its lair
-Discovered the Shrine of Azura
-Ran and hid from Falmer and their pets while Brelyna and her atronach took the brunt of the attack

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:59 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, Online
Platform: PC (I - V, O), Xbox 360 (IV, V)
Other Profiles: JumboWheat01 (XBL/Steam/PSN/ESO)
UESPoints: 3
Today, on my new Redguard Character, I did a few daedric quests, a lot of horse-riding, and because I felt like trying something different, I killed a dragon with the Wabbajack. I'm not entirely sure why, but I did it anyway.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106 ... 126  Next