UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2024 4:26 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105 ... 126  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 'What You Did in Skyrim Today' Thread
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:07 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360, PS3
UESPoints: 0
Kyra Frostblade, nord barbarian:
( I had go wayyy back, at least two levels and several hours of playtime to get past bug that made Prophet-quest stuck)
- starting middle of Dimhollow Crypts, Kyra saved Serena and helped her out, again.
- they headed towards Dawnstar, on the road, near....I think it was Fort Dun...something, turned in to the wolf and killed some bandits and hired thugs... Where did they come from?
- from Dawnstar they hired a boat.
- at castle Volkihaar, Kyra rejected Lord Harkon's offer. "Filth, you said?!"
- she explored the island abit before returning to Fort Dawnguard.
- went to recruiment mission. Gunmar reguires her to kill lot of frostbitespiders and one bear. What was the bear doing is spider lair? Found Meridia's Beacon from the boss chest.
- next, she took carriage to Solitude and headed the road towards Dragonbridge. a Frostdragon attacked near the town and she killed it. After night in Fourshield's Inn, she headed to wilderness. Some forsworn and stormcloak patrol was killed by werewolf. Since Kyra was still werewolf when she found Sorine, she was hostile at first. Kyra did manage to convince her to join and returned to Isran. And guess who had stopped by to visit?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:10 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC (Morrowind, Oblivion), X360 (Skyrim)
Quickly summarizing a few sessions worth of stuff...

Larawen, Bosmer assassin, followed several leads trying to track down the mysterious Astrid. Along the way, she:
1. Cleared Nilheim, Fus'd the dead bandit corpses over the cliff, and claimed Nilheim as her home base. I'd been wanting to have a character live there.
2. Explored the Ratway and returned a stolen sword to Dravin Llanith. Larawen doesn't care for thieves.
3. Joined the CoW and helped with the Saarthal expedition. She will not go any further in that questline.
4. Cleared Fort Kastav, and some Stormcloaks soon moved in. So far, the Stormcloaks my Bosmer has met have been quite cordial and respectful to her.
5. Tracked down a serial killer and saved Arivanya from being murdered in broad daylight in the marketplace. I always save Arivanya, but was surprised that [the murderer] decided not to wait until night this time.
6. Fought several dragons, mostly of the ancient variety. One fight near Saarthal lasted all night (an in-game night, not a real-life night). That prompted me to lower the difficulty to Expert. I'd never played on Master before, and have been finding that most of the fights take way too damned long for my taste. Besides, I make combat difficult for my characters in other ways.
7. Declined the opportunity to become Champion of Azura, which prompted Aranea Ienith to say: "Azura's prophecies always come to pass. To deny them is to go headlong into the darkness with no light to guide you."

That line from Aranea is timely, because the next rumor Larawen will investigate in her search for the mysterious Astrid will be the one about the Aretino kid.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:54 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Mostly happened yesterday:

Aloyse Navarro, imperial death-knight with tendencies for larceny:
- Robbed clean Black-Briar Lodge, including lineage papers
- Stole Frost.
- Was about to meet Lois Letrush when they were attacked by three vampires (master, fledgeling and blooded) and two ice-wolves... in a following hassle, Frost was killed and Aloyse contracted Sanguine Vampiris...not sure what happened to Letrush, although Aloyse did his best to back-stab him. Couldn't find the body afterwards.
Not sure if I should let him become vampire or not, so I switched characters.

Do'radza, khajit nightingale and his loyal companion Meeko the Dog:
- Made their way to Irkngthand, slowly, killing bandits along the way and finding wrong dwemer ruin first.

Marietta Pelerin, breton priestess and Lydia, her housecarl:
- Killed apprentice conjurer who attacked them. And spriggan.
- cleared Bilegulch Mine of bandits and returned for Siddgeir for reward.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:45 am 
Warder
Warder

Larawen, Bosmer assassin, sent to Skyrim by a mysterious benefactor (me) to find someone named Astrid:
1. Followed her only remaining lead to Aventis Aretino and agreed to kill Grelod the Kind. She did not accept the kid's payment. Odd.
2. Poisoned Grelod in her sleep and got away unseen.
3. Got an inheritance, wagered it on a brawl, and accidentally punched a guard. My law-abiding assassin paid the fine.
4. Hunted and camped out.
5. Awoke in a strange place and found the mysterious Astrid.
6. Killed the Khajiit hostage. And the Nord. And the Imperial. The latter two died in a state of Calm.
7. Is an over-achiever, in Astrid's eyes. Larawen is pleased with that assessment.

Long version
Spoiler:
Larawen, Bosmer assassin, left Candlehearth Hall in the morning and walked over to the Aretino residence. She was wearing plain miner-style clothing, black boots, and displayed no weapon. Entering the house, she found Aventis Aretino performing the Black Sacrament, as the rumor said. Larawen had followed all the other rumors she had heard, so far. This was the last lead she had toward trying to find the mysterious Astrid.

Larawen spoke with Aventis, who mistook her for an assassin sent by the Dark Brotherhood. Funny, none of the DB assassins who had attacked Larawen in Skyrim were dressed like miners (why they attack her in the first place is another mystery - who put a hit out on Larawen, and why?). Etc etc Larawen agreed to investigate Grelod and left for Riften. The trip was uneventful.

Back in Riften that evening, Larawen sneaked into Honorhall Orphanage and listened to Grelod verbally abuse the children. Afterward, she came out of hiding and spoke with the children and Grelod's assistant. Unfortunately, no one was named "Astrid", so Larawen would have to resort to Plan B to continue following the lead.

Plan B was:
1) Kill Grelod.
2) See what happens.

Larawen went into the orphanage yard and waited until after midnight, then slipped back inside. She found Grelod asleep in her bed and poisoned her with frostbite venom. Then Larawen slipped out unseen. She sneaked through Riften avoiding the guards, exited the city gate, and hired a carriage to go to Windhelm.

The next morning in Riften Windhelm, Larawen found Aventis, who paid her with a family heirloom. But then my Bosmer returned the heirloom, placing it on a shelf. I don't know why she did that. I didn't think Larawen would kill anyone for free, but she surprised me. She spent the rest of the day in Windhelm trading and crafting, then slept a few hours at the Candlehearth.

She started to leave in the wee hours, but a courier approached with some bad news: Angrenor Once-Honored had died. But he left Larawen 100... no... 90 septims in his will, which Larawen then wagered on a brawl with Rolff Stone-Fist. Unfortunately, she accidentally punched a guard during the fight. 80 septim fine, and she lost the money she had wagered. After paying the fine, she found Rolff again, and they resumed the brawl. Larawen won back her money. After all that, she was 10 septims richer than when she woke up.

Tired of the meager hunting in the frozen north of Skyrim, Larawen set off for The Rift's more fertile hunting grounds. Along the way, she encountered some mages at Fort Amol and another near some dwarven ruins near Shor's Stone. The mages warned her away from their turf, and Larawen left them alone. After the morning's brawl with Rolff, she had vowed not start any more trouble in Skyrim unless she is getting paid for it. She did some hunting in the vicinity of Shor's Stone, shot and killed a deer, and ate some of its tender flesh on the spot. Then she went to the hunter's camp near Riften, traded with the hunters and hung out with them as afternoon turned to evening and then night. It was beautiful and Larawen did not want to sleep inside, so she slept at the camp.

Larawen awoke in a strange place and was greeted by a woman named Astrid. Astrid? The Astrid? Oh, you have no idea how pleased my character is to find you, wherever this place is. Larawen refrained from telling Astrid that she had been sent to find her. That would only raise more questions. Besides, Astrid had her own agenda. Apparently a life was owed to the Dark Brotherhood, and Larawen was to choose which of three hostages would lose their life as payment.

Larawen interviewed the three hostages and persuaded them to divulge their life stories. Then Larawen walked behind the group, drew her bow, and shot the Khajiit in the head, killing him almost instantly. Almost. She then approached Astrid as if to talk, but instead turned and dual-cast a Pacify spell on the other two hostages. Then Larawen shot them, too, knowing that Astrid would not allow them to leave that place alive.

"Well, well, aren't we the over-achiever?" Astrid said.

"Yes," Larawen replied, pleased that Astrid noticed.

Last edited by Snail's Pace on Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:47 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Do'radza, khajit thief and nightingale:

- joined forces with Karliah and Brynjolf in Irkngthand and started sneak thru the place. Or try to, with the two others constantly blabbering and tripping over traps that Do sneaked past or jumping in front of him when he's about to shoot. Things went something along these lines:

Do: "Khajit does not like dwemer ruins, they are full noisy machinery that move around" *shoots a darwen sphere guardian*

Karliah: "This must be their hive. We'll have to keep silent if we want to avoid drawing their attention." *Clang, whoosh* "Aargh!"
Do: "_Khajit_ is silent as a shadow, its you furless ones who make noise."

Karliah: "Nocturnal, guide my hand!" *falls of the ledge during a battle against falmer and frostbite spiders*
Do: "Khajit hopes _someone_ guides you."

Brynjolf: "That's what happens when you cross the Guild."
Do: "You crossed Khajit's line of fire." *accentally shooting arrow to Brynjolf's back*

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:24 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360
Andres, Nord Warrior and member of the Companions:

-Killed his first dragon, learned he could shout (in the Thu'um sense rather than his more frequent drunk and loud sense) and became Thane of Whiterun.

-Committed his first act as Thane by punching Nazeem. If he has his way this will become an annual holiday tradition for the whole hold or, better yet, a weekly one.

-Traveled to High Hrothgar only to be subjected to a lot of confusing theologizing on his newfound ability to yell really loud in a language he doesn't speak. Andres finds it strange that an Aedra as exalted as Akatosh would so bless one marked and claimed by Hircine but hopes this can only raise his standing, which has plateaued somewhat since attaining the largely symbolic position of Harbinger of the Companions.

-Decided to clear his head of the above by telling his friend Ria he'd meet her back at Whiterun and then spending the night running in beast form.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:15 pm 
Undecided
Undecided

ES Games: Oblivion (SI); Skyrim (DB)
Platform: Steam, XBox
Other Profiles: DarkSpark135
UESPoints: 5
Casandra Serein thrumed her fingers on the conference table as the truce was hammered out in High Hrothgar. In exchange for paying some gold for some unseen masscre in Karthwasten, as well as giving up Dawnstar, Ulfric Stormcloak got his precious Markarth as he demanded at the beginning of the negotiations. And yet everyone grumbled about how much Casandra favored the Empire in the talks and gave them "too much" to secure this peace, Ulfric included.

Ah, well. It is all unfolding as Casandra has foreseen (that's what happens when you have a name like 'Cassandra') and still everyone else is blind to the true workings that will come to pass.

Idiocy aside, what this really meant was that Cassie could pay a visit to Markarth for the first time. A little while later a figure in a guard's uniform walked up the the bronze-colored panels of the city gates, the dark indigo of her Falkreath surcoat appearing to be a close match to the lighter blues of the Stormcloaks now guarding the city.

"Welcome to Markarth, the safest city in Skyrim." said the female Stormcloak guard. Cassie rolled her eyes, drew her re-purposed Dragur sword, and muttered "Let's get this started, shall we?"

Weylin didn't even have enough time to draw his knife before Casandra's blade sent him falling to the cold stone of the marketplace floor. To assuage any fears Cassie had murdered an innocent man, Weylin moaned something about the Forsworn before he expired.

The new Jarl of Markarth, Thongvar Silver-Blood, seemed especially unconcerned about this incident. So, everything is going exactly to plan...

Casandra: At the moment, the deadliest weapon at my disposal is a goblin's head on a stick. I'd be worried if this was the plan.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:32 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

On PS3:
I deleted Crixius, imperial gladiator and Kalima Serano, dunmer sorceress. They just weren't working for me.
Then I created Licinia Salvanis, imperial battlemage (Or something, if they can decide what gear battlemage actually uses)
She's not even out of Helgen yet.

on Xbox

Do'razha, khajit thief and nightingale:
- Defeated Mercer Frey and escaped Irkngthand (on second try...on first try he drowned).
"Khajit does not like water!"
- After he was rejoined with Meeko and out in fresh air again, he headed toward Nightgate Inn
- Ran into Snow Bear.
- Rented a room from the Inn, and since he's thief, pocketed some other people's gold and loose items.
- Slept

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:13 am 
Associate
Associate

Andres, Nord Warrior:

Still confused by his encounter with the Greybeards, Andres decided to help Aela hunt down the totems of Hircine before going to Ustengrav. Surely whatever destiny the Dragonborn is better faced with the blessing of such a powerful god.

First they traveled far to the frozen north to find the Totem of the Hunt. The two of them solved a gruesome murder after seeking shelter in what they thought was an abandoned building, and stayed to avenge the slain. After they continued to Hob's Fall Cave, battling necromancers and finding the totem. After a long march south they went after the Totem of Brotherhood deep within the mountains of the south, where vampires were keeping it as what they viewed a primitive curiosity. They were taught not to disrespect an artifact of Hercine. Against his better judgment, Andres also rescued a necromancer with a tragic tale in Southfringe Sanctum, although she was so scared to leave it took a couple potshots with his bow to convince her to move on.

Finally Aela located the Totem of Fear. No traipsing across frozen mountains halfway across Skyrim this time. Instead the totem was a half day's march west of Whiterun. Of course, this pleasant stroll was interrupted by a dragon, the sight of a flying mammoth, no doubt kept aloft by some foul sorcery, and an attack by an assassin. Eventually they made it to their destination, battling yet more vampires. Andres had never had ill feelings towards the blood suckers, figuring supernatural creatures should stick together, but his view is starting to turn against them, especially have had to save citizens of Whiterun from vampires on several occasions.

With the last totem in its proper place in the Underforge, Andres spent a few days in Whiterun, doing some minor smithing, unloading treasures, and buying a house in Whiterun to store any valuables he prefers to keep. Having rested and recovered from his travels, he invited Ria to join him on his next quest to Ustengrav. The Greybeards are a bit odd, but they seem to be the best bet he has to learn more of this Thu'um power he has gained.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:34 am 
Warder
Warder

Larawen, Bosmer assassin, left Astrid to clean up the Abandoned Shack - apparently the Dark Brotherhood doesn't make its pledges do all of the dirty work - and began traveling to the Falkreath Sanctuary. It was late at night when she began traversing the swamp. She encountered a chaurus for the first time, and killed the nasty creature. Larawen made it to Morthal, slept a few hours at the inn, traded at the alchemy shop, agreed to deliver a note from Idgrod the Younger to Danica Pure-Spring, and continued toward Whiterun. Along the way, she fought bandits, helped a giant defeat a dragon, watched another giant massacre some bandits, and convinced a farmer to fix a wagon wheel for a nutjob whose wagon had broken down. I'm sure she was relieved to depart Cicero's company, and hopes not to encounter him again during her time in Skyrim.

After a couple of days in Whiterun, Larawen left for Falkreath. Entering Falkreath Hold, Larawen noted the natural beauty and abundant tasty wildlife. But it also seemed a dangerous hold (in a parallel universe, Larawen is dead, killed by a bandit archer near Pinewatch). She made it to Falkreath, where she is checking out the town.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:18 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Platform: PC
Fire in Belly

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:17 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Skyrim, Oblivion
Back to Skyrim again after a long pause.

Ves attempted to defeat Hevnoraak. It was lvl 33 Ves with her 300 health against lvl 100 Hevnoraak with his 4000 health who kept summoning lvl 46 twin Dremora Lords. It certainly went according to plan. At least she had Teldryn Sero with her so she at least managed to stay alive for a couple of seconds.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:47 am 
Associate
Associate

Andres, Nord Warrior:

Was not pleased to go to Ustengrav, fighting his way through necromancers and Draugyr, only to find out the Horn of Jurgen Windcaller was replaced with a note directing him to Riverwood. Killing a dragon and learning the Disarm shout on the trek back south only slightly improved his mood. Once in Riverwood he found out it was Delphine, the rude innkeeper at the Sleeping Giant Inn, who had stolen the horn. After a terse exchange they traveled separately up to Kynesgrove and witnessed a dragon being brought back to life. It's second chance at living did not last long.

Leaving Delphine to her crazy theories of Elves raising dragons from the grave, Andres and Ria started the long trek south to return the horn.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:59 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: ESIII Morrowind, ESIV Oblivion, ESV Skyrim
Platform: Xbox360 & PC
Other Profiles: XXX
Hunted a monster-elk. It came over the hiĺl with some hunters chasing it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:25 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Licinia Selvanis, young imperial battlemage:
- finally got out of Helgen
- after detour to bandit camp and shrine of Talos, arrived to Riverwood. Sold stuff, bought some other stuff and enjoyed Alvor's and Sigrid's hospitality.
- she headed out to Whiterun, collecting treasure along the way.
- in Whiterun, she met the Jarl, delivered one blade and one frost salt, enchanted and mixed potions, bought few spells.
- headed out to Bleak Falls Barrow, explored the ruins, got the Claw and dragonstone.
- swam in Lake Illinata and took The Lady Stone as her birthstone.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:54 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Morrobloodtribunal, Oblivering Knights, Skydawnfireborn
UESPoints: 2
CreeperX wrote:
Ves attempted to defeat Hevnoraak. It was lvl 33 Ves with her 300 health against lvl 100 Hevnoraak with his 4000 health who kept summoning lvl 46 twin Dremora Lords. It certainly went according to plan. At least she had Teldryn Sero with her so she at least managed to stay alive for a couple of seconds.

I lately had a similar experience at the same place with my level 24 Argonian druid, Hist-Tongue. He died so fast it wasn't even funny. That's what you get for overestimating yourself and venturing into a requiemified dragon priest's tomb just because you happen to pass close by...

I've reactivated Marilyn (II) after a prolonged vacation in order to finally play through Dawnguard with her. I feel she's about ready for it, and since Requiem 1.8 will come out soon and require a new game I want to bring her story to some point of completion before I retire her (again). So Marilyn (II), Bosmer archer, Guild Master and Listener, accompanied by Among-the-Hist, Argonian vampire-hunter (from 3DNPCs), barking badass Meeko and fellow Dark Brotherhood member Chara the Black, Breton bard and fire-mage extraordinaire (from the Dawnstar Sanctuary expansion mod),
- is currently travelling north-west from Riften, where she was officially installed as new Master of the Thieves Guild by Brynjolf and received her Guild Master Armour from Tonilia (best armour so far!), ultimately heading for Dimhollow Crypt in order to free Serana investigate vampiric activities there;
- got lost for a while in the southern Rift, exploring a mountain path that led them to an ancient open-air burial site (Arcwind Point) presided over by a frost-breathing dragon; the winged reptile was vanquished quite easily by Mari's poisoned arrows and Chara's fireballs, not to forget the teeth and claws of Meeko the Indomitable, while Hist was pretty much useless but at least managed not to die;
- is presently stopping in Whiterun, where she unloaded a lot of loot on various merchants and killed a Visiting Noble at Jarl Balgruuf's table without being caught. She feels quite accomplished after this little feat but realizes there may be harder tasks ahead of her once she digs deeper into this whole vampire business. Among-the-Hist has been worrying her lately with his occasional ramblings about some so-called "World-Eater" whom/which he thinks she's meant to defeat; she likes to think he's mistaking her for somebody else, but she can't be sure...

Jeder sollte einmal reisen in das schöne Vvardenfell!

ImageImage

Last edited by Finn Wolfshorn on Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:36 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Licinia Selvanis, young imprerial battlemage,
- after brief stop in Riverwood and earning Lucan's gratitide, she returned to Whiterun and was soon drafted to kill a dragon.
- finished off the dragon with bound battle axe.
- and back to Whiterun. Jarl had wait till next morning to get the news, while Licinia sold loot and rested.
- as reward, Jarl Thaned her and gave axe with frost enchantment.
- next, Licinia took carriage ride to Solitude.
- reported to General Tullius and Legate Rikke. They seemed almost reclutant to accept her to Imperial Legion and gave her mission to clear a fort of bandits.
- feeling she needed help, Licinia hired Belrand. They headed out and so far the travel to that Fort has been eventful: thalmor patrol, bandits, beasts...

On xbox, I recreated my imperial gladiator Crixius. This time I do him as dimachaeri ( dual wielding imperial swords). Doing dual wielding, sword+shield and two handed just didn't work. Skills got too spread around.
So far Crixius has gotten out of Helgen, into the Riverwood and then directly to Bleak Falls Barrow. Cleared the Barrow, killed the boss draugr and picked up mysterious stonetablet. In Riverwood, he also shot down Sven's chances with Camilla.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:59 pm 
Warder
Warder

This post contains spoilers for "Ill Met By Moonlight".

Larawen, Bosmeri assassin:
1. Met the family, got some new armor that fit just right, and was given her first contracts. She is enthusiastic about working with Astrid, Nazir, and Veezara, as they seemed very professional - but is not so enthusiastic about having Arnbjorn and Babette in the family. Larawen doesn't trust werewolves and vampires. Like Astrid, Larawen is concerned about the eminent arrival of Cicero and the Night Mother.
2. Watched a child-murdering werewolf named Sinding escape from jail and was tasked by Hircine with hunting him down. At Bloated Man's Grotto around midnight, Larawen shot Sinding on sight (the wiki says that Sinding will try to negotiate a deal, but my Bosmer didn't feel like talking to him).
3. Was rewarded with the Savior's Hide and began wearing it in place of her usual furs.
4. Continued on her way to Ivarstead, site of Contract #1. Fought a necro at the Ritual Stone and bandits at Valtheim Towers, where she enjoyed a lovely evening and spent the night.

Long version
Spoiler:
Larawen, Bosmeri assassin, acquainted herself with the town of Falkreath and met the cemetary people. The grieving parents of a murdered child told her that the murderer Sinding was in the Falkreath Jail. Larawen decided that her top priority remained finding the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary.

Larawen found the Sanctuary, gave the passphrase, and was allowed inside. Astrid greeted her and gave Larawen some new attire, which the Bosmer promptly tried on. Good eye, Astrid, the armor is exactly Larawen's size. (Larawen did exchange the standard cowl for a maskless version).

Astrid was troubled that the corpse of the Night Mother would be arriving soon, and Larawen had her concerns as well, having met Cicero a couple of days earlier. She spent the rest of the evening meeting her new family and learning what she could about them. She remains eager to please Astrid, and looked forward to working with Nazir and Veezara, who seemed like consumate professionals. Festus and Gabriella seemed OK but were hard to read. Larawen was much less enthusiastic about Arnbjorn and Babette, because she doesn't trust lycanthropes and vampires - but she would have to get used to them. And Arnbjorn may be right for not trusting Larawen, since she is sizing him up, just in case.

Nazir gave Larawen a set of contracts, all in eastern Skyrim, but said there was no hurry to complete them. Larawen found a bed that appeared to be unused and spent the night at the Sanctuary.

The next morning, she returned to Falkreath and it came under attack by a Blood Dragon. Larawen helped kill it, with assists from the guards and several townsfolk. Civilians really ought to leave dragon killing to the pros. Fortunately, no one was killed. She met Thadgeir and delivered some ashes to Runil for him.

Larawen went to the jailhouse and met Sinding etc etc next she was off to slay a White Stag. It was early evening when she found the stag and killed it, causing the Aspect of Hircine to appear. Hircine wanted Sinding's hide, and my Bosmeri hunter did not argue with the Daedric Prince of the Hunt. She made her way to Bloated Man's Grotto, arriving a little before midnight. Inside she found that Sinding had already attacked and killed some fellow hunters. She kept going and saw Sinding up ahead. Whether Sinding might have had anything to say to Larawen quickly became irrelevant - Larawen shot Sinding on sight. She ran toward Sinding to finish him off, but found him fighting another hunter (Rissing). Larawen shot Sinding again, this time killing him and allowing Larawen to retain credit for the kill. She skinned Sinding, and another aspect of Hircine appeared etc etc Larawen was rewarded with the Savior's Hide.

On the way back to the camp, Larawen saw Rissing and several other hunters leaving the grotto. She had not realized that so many were after Sinding's hide. She tried on the Savior's Hide, and surprised this player by wearing it instead of her standard fur armors.

The next day, Larawen went to Whiterun, traded, alchemized, and spent the night at the Bannered Mare. She left again the next morning headed for Ivarstead. Along the way, she stopped at the Ritual Stone, which she had read about in the book "An Explorer's Guide to Skyrim". She had to fight a necromancer there. Next, she came to Valtheim Towers and came under immediate attack by bandits. She killed the sentry in melee combat, then sneaked around backstabbing and sniping the others one by one.

Larawen enjoyed a lovely evening hanging out on the roof of the northern tower watching the sun set and the stars come out before sleeping in the dead bandit chief's bed.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:38 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Crixius, imperial gladiator:
- Returned to Riverwood. Slept with Hod in same bed :wat: and the boy obviously don't sleep at all (I've never seen Frodnar indoors and Gerdur was sleeping in what I presume is his bed.)
- Sold loot and delivered one stolen Claw back to it's owner.
- on his way to Whiterun, hunted some game. Got a deer and few wolves. Got an arrow in to a Giant and met the Companions.
- Met Adrianne, picked up a sword-delivery.
- Talked with priestess Danica.
- Met Jarl and his court, gave the old stone to Farengar and then there was news of dragon attack.
- Delivered the sword to Steward, delivered frost salts from the courtmage to alchemist.
- Helped to kill a dragon.
- Returned to Whiterun.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:13 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Oblivion, Morrowind, skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
Today I ended up burning all of the bee gives at the estate instead of just 3. So no gold reward for me bit I did take out a lot of mercenaries and looted them. So selling their goods will be a good profit. Plus Damien isn't in It for the money anymore.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:49 pm 
Champion
Champion

Marilyn (II), sneaky Bosmer archer etc.pp., accompanied by her beloved Meeko but without Among-the-Hist and Chara (who preferred to take part in the weekly pub quiz at the Bannered Mare),
- went looking for a shrine of Talos near Whiterun to place Torygg's War Horn on in order to gain favour with Jarl Elisif, found it and had just got rid of the horn when she was surprised by a Thalmor unit. Mari, a staunch supporter of the Thalmor's fight against human imperialism, had given little thought to how her visiting a shrine of forbidden worship would look to the Thalmor - Talos means nothing to her, the horn business was just a way of sucking up to the High & Mighty; unfortunately Agent Lorcalin and his soldier wouldn't give her time to explain but attacked immediately, leaving her no choice but to kill them in self-defense. Appalled at having raised her hand against the "Saviours of the Mer", she decided to make up for it by taking the horn and the tale of Elisif's secret Talos worship to Justiciar Ondolemar in Markarth with whom she has good relations.
- explored Shimmermist Cave which she had discovered while looking for the shrine. The Falmer were made pincushions of before they knew what hit them, but the centurion at the end was tough for an archer (constructs being arrow-resistant in Requiem). It took a full charge of the Skull of Corruption + Meeko and Lachance's ghost serving as meatshields + scroll of lightning rune to bring it down. Back in Whiterun, Mari had to pay some nightly visits to recharge the Skull (and nicked a few unguarded valuables while she was at it).

(EDIT: corrected major geographical brainfart.)

ImageImage

Last edited by Finn Wolfshorn on Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:34 am 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim, Online
Platform: Steam
Other Profiles: Steam: Spark01
Finn Wolfshorn wrote:
she decided to make up for it by taking the horn and the tale of Elisif's secret Talos worship to Justiciar Ondolemar in Whiterun with whom she has good relations.

Can you actually do that? There's nothing about it on the wiki. :o

My mods:

Destroy the Thieves Guild!
Un-Unobtainable Clothes
Familiar Friends
Destruction Weapons

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:54 am 
Champion
Champion

No, unfortunately you can't, it's just one of the roleplaying things I like to make up. I'll try to reverse-pickpocket the horn onto Ondo, and if that doesn't work (because if I know my game a bit it'll remain a quest item indefinitely, right?) I'll just console it into his inventory. It would have been nice to have that option though (or vice versa, be able to e.g. tip Ogmund the bard off that the Thalmor are after him) - just a few more alternatives sometimes...

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:59 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Skyrim, Oblivion
Finn Wolfshorn wrote:
CreeperX wrote:

I lately had a similar experience at the same place with my level 24 Argonian druid, Hist-Tongue. He died so fast it wasn't even funny. That's what you get for overestimating yourself and venturing into a requiemified dragon priest's tomb just because you happen to pass close by...

Heh, indeed. Ves too tackled that place just because she was nearby. I don't know why she even bothered to try and fight Hevnoraak since she died over 20 times to his Draugr minions only :oops:. (Those damn Cursed Draugr my mods like to spawn.) Should have taken the hint much earlier and left.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:17 pm 
Associate
Associate

After several long sessions Andres, Nord Warrior:
-slowly made his way south, managing to lose his Nord Hero Greatsword to an uncooperative Draugyr. For now he's using an unsmithed Ancient Nord Battleaxe.
-Was forced to kill a Redguard necromancer who had gone mad with grief. Although Ria assured him it was necessary Andres did not feel like much of a heroic Companion afterward.
-Became distracted in the hot springs in the north of the Rift, visiting the Atronach Stone and killing a couple dragons.
-Finally made it to Ivarstead after a stop in Riften, helping a couple young lovers along the way. Andres felt proud to be able to some good that wasn't at the edge of his blade.
-Returned the Horn of Jurgen Windcaller and became formally acknowledged as Dragonborn by the Greybeards, who were also kind enough to tip him off to a word of power back in Whiterun Hold.

-Marched over the mountains past Helgen to Whiterun, staunchly avoiding the Sleeping Giant Inn.
-Reforged his axe into a Nord Hero Battleaxe.
-Killed a dragon with Farkas, then cured both him and his brother of Lycanthropy.
-Brought Kharjo back his moon amulet and investigated a word of power with him.
-Began preparations to set off north with his new Khajit friend. If it is his destiny to fight dragons the mountains seem to be the place for Andres to find them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105 ... 126  Next