UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2024 12:22 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101 ... 126  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 'What You Did in Skyrim Today' Thread
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:48 pm 
Undecided
Undecided

ES Games: Oblivion (SI); Skyrim (DB)
Platform: Steam, XBox
Other Profiles: DarkSpark135
UESPoints: 5
In the diary of Casandra Serein she wrote:
Dear diary,
This afternoon I was travelling to Anise's cabin near Riverwood when I noticed an Ice Mage and a Fire Mage exchanging knowledge of their favorite magical spells. And I don't mean "academic peer review" here— they were trying to kill each other.

My first thought was "Oh, boy! Nerd fight!" Then I saw an errant fireball sweep past the ice mage and strike the road beyond him with a resounding BOOM. I paused, then said "Allow me to drop out of your line of fire..." and hid from their view.

The ice mage fell to his knees, the fire mage ducked behind a tree, and as soon as the ice mage staggered back to his feet another one of those fireballs threw him thirty feet back in a flaming mass. I gave the victor a standing ovation and presented him with a trophy in the form of an orcish arrow. I may have delivered it to him at wee bit too fast a velocity, though. He died. I haz sads. :(

Casandra: At the moment, the deadliest weapon at my disposal is a goblin's head on a stick. I'd be worried if this was the plan.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:46 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Morrobloodtribunal, Oblivering Knights, Skydawnfireborn
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 2
^Lol!

Hist-Tongue, Argonian druid, and Stands-In-Shallows, Argonian badass dock-worker,
- were hanging out in Darkwater Crossing after taking Derkeethus there when Tongue overheard Annekke mentioning "a gorgeous tree that grows right out of a cave a few miles north-east of here". Naturally Tongue had to go see this tree and was overwhelmed by the beauty and majesty of the Eldergleam but at the same time saddened because he couldn't get closer to her; he'll have to come back and find a way of communicating with the tree, she's the closest to a Hist he's found in Skyrim but at the same time completely different. He could feel her watching him though.
- passed by Mixwater Mill, slew the treekiller Gilfre and disposed of her body in the only suitable way: by running it through her own sawmill.
- arrived in Windhelm where they did some crafting and selling and parted ways for the time being (mainly because the Argonian Assemblage mod I'm using makes Shallows way OP as a follower, but my headcanon reason is that both Shallows and Neetrenaza are courting Shahvee and Shallows fears to tip the scales in his rival's favour by staying away too long).

Hist-Tongue, Argonian druid all by himself
- made his way from Windhelm to Winterhold, killing a sabercat, two mudcrabs, a Flame Atronach, two Frost Trolls and three bandits on the way. The fight with the Flame Atronach was the hardest, Tongue was lucky to have a Scroll of Blizzard and a Scroll of Frost Rune in his satchel, but even so it took several potions and the blessing of the Hist (i.e. Histskin) for him to survive. He was so relieved when he finally met a guard he could have hugged the good man.
- was accepted into the College of Winterhold and had his first lesson with Professor Tolfdir. While he doesn't think too greatly of "book mages", as he calls them, he considers it his duty to refine his Hist-given powers in any way he can and grudgingly accepts that the college mages have much to teach him - e.g. the ward spell Tolfdir taught him might have stood him in good stead against the atronach. He almost regretted his decision when he found that not only were there a Dunmer and a Khajiit among his fellow students, but the Arch-Mage himself was a dark-elf too (probably a Telvanni :Angry: ), but he's too stubborn to give up so soon. That college expedition to Saarthal could prove interesting.

Jeder sollte einmal reisen in das schöne Vvardenfell!

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:47 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC (Morrowind, Oblivion), X360 (Skyrim)
UESPoints: 0
Delia-Jessamine Maric, Breton stealth-mage, Annekke Crag-Jumper, Nord crag-jumper, and Meeko, a dog, killed a Thalmor assassin that had been stalking Malborn.

Long version
Spoiler:
Delia-Jessamine Maric, Breton stealth-mage, Annekke Crag-Jumper, Nord crag-jumper, and Meeko, a dog, began walking to the New Gnisis Cornerclub. Jess had "heard" from Niranye that an acquaintance of Jess's had been hanging out there. With the war over and the religious oppression lifted, it was the first night in quite some time that Jess felt lighter in spirit, so she wore her skimpy tavern clothes despite the cold temperatures. I'm not sure what she was expecting to find at the New Gnisis... music and dancing?

On the way to the New Gnisis, Jess spoke with Brunwulf Free-Winter, and told him that she would look into the matter of some bandits that had been preying on refugees and trading caravans. Apparently, Ulfric had been too busy with the war to deal with it. Don't worry, the Dragonborn is your Thane, and she is here to serve.

At the New Gnisis, where there was neither music nor dancing, the acquaintance turned out to be Malborn. He was none too happy about his life's recent direction. He said he was sure a Thalmor assassin was waiting for him outside Windhelm. Jess told him not to worry, she'd check it out.

What she thought was going to be a fun night had instead turned into more work, so Jess went to the back room of the New Gnisis and changed into her business casual attire - black dress and boots. She also put on the simple over-priced hat purchased from Deep-In-His-Cups for 750 septims, to keep the wind and snow off.

Jess, Annekke, and Meeko strolled to the stables and saw someone standing down the road. The siIouette indicated it was a Khajiit. Jess told Annekke to wait near the stable and keep her covered. Jess and Meeko strolled up to the Khajiit, J'datharr, who seemed annoyed by their presence. While the cat was distracted by the dog, Jess rummaged through his pockets and found a note. Then they returned to Annekke and read the note. Malborn was right.

"I'll be back in a few minutes," Jess said. "Meeko, you stay here with Annekke." Meeko did just that. Good dog.

Jess muffled herself (dual-cast for extra-long muffling) and pulled the Gauldur Blackbow and some elven arrows from her magickal underpants. Lately, she'd been using ebony arrows, but I think I know why she chose elven in this case. Then she circled around behind Brandy-Mug Farm until she had a good line of sight on the Khajiit assassin, who was unaware that he had become the hunted. One shot was all it took - the Thalmor lackey never knew he was dead until it was too late. [/Yogi Berra-ism]

She took the weapons and potions off of J'datharr's body, except for the elven arrow that killed him, and placed the note back on him so that the authorities would know this was no ordinary murder. The note and the elven arrow would make it appear he had been killed by his employer for failing his mission.

"We're done here," Jess said as she approached Annekke, and the trio went back to the city and to the New Gnisis to tell Malborn that the assassin was dead.

In the Grey Quarter, Rolff was out making a fool of himself and the good Nords of Windhelm by yelling insults and empty threats to the Dark Elves - though the only ones around were the Atheron brothers, and they didn't seem to care. In the past, Jess would have made a fool of herself, too, by drunkenly assaulting Rolff over his words, but she is a changed woman now, sober and more responsible. Watching Rolff, Jess realized he is just a sad and bitter man, and she felt sorry for him. And tomorrow, he'll be back in the Candlehearth cheering for his favorite singer, the Dark Elf Luaffyn.

Inside the New Gnisis, Jess gave Malborn the news, and he left immediately for Morrowind. Jess thought he might be safer in Windhelm, but he wouldn't listen. She hoped Malborn would make it to Morrowind safely, especially since she hadn't yet investigated the bandits that Brunwulf told her about.

Jess, Annekke, and Meeko went back to Hjerim to sleep. The next day, Jess unloaded J'datharr's stuff on Niranye, so the High Elf could get rid of it without it being traced back to Jess.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:42 am 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim, Online
Platform: Steam
Other Profiles: Steam: Spark01
I cried about my life and wandered around Falkreath contemplating why everything feels so meaningless as of late. Then a werewolf appeared! And a daedric god was like "yo yo yo hunt that [&@%!] down" and I was like "nuh uh" and killed his minions.

Then I went back to doing nothing and being sad.

My mods:

Destroy the Thieves Guild!
Un-Unobtainable Clothes
Familiar Friends
Destruction Weapons

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:31 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360, PS3
Nelya, bosmer huntress and Jenassa:

- cleared the shrouded Hearth barrow and got Word for Kyne's Peace shout. Jenassa was was trailing wayyy behind Nelya most of the time.
- brief stop at Lakeview Manor for some rest and crafting.
- then the duo headed for Riverwood. So did a frostdragon too. And what in Kynareth's name possessed Sigrid to attack a frostdragon, wearing a dress and iron dagger? Poor Alvor and Dorothe.
- they sold loot and headed to Whiterun.
- Nelya dismissed Jenassa and then hang around in Jorrvaskar.
- Kodlak Whiteman had job for Nelya. He need witch's head. Not just any head but particalar witches.
- so Nelya headed back to Falkreath hold. She shopped lumber from Hert and helped Valdr with little spriggan-related troubles.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:39 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: All the main ones besides Arena
Made a new set of Heavy Stahlrim with a battleaxe, killed hoards of vampires, a couple Dragons, and chopped off 3-4 heads and drank a bottle of Skooma after giving my brat a 25 septim allowance and extorting my wife for 800 septims she collected from sales.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:46 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim Legendary, ESO, Legends
Platform: PC, PS3
Other Profiles: Steam: Captain Mauin, ESO: @Mauin and @Merorzen, Legends: Mauin
UESPoints: 1
I can't recall if I mentioned him or not, but I started a new PS3 character a while ago. He was originally intended to be a replacer for the Nord I lost to the random 1k bounty. The name of the character is Heart-Of-The-Marsh. Over the past few days, I have just been randomly wandering and working on leveling his main skills. He recently made himself a full set of Dwarven Armor and purchased the upgrades for Breezehome.

On PC, I've been messing around with a sort of throw-away character. I don't like playing my main characters around family (because they have a habit of watching what I'm doing behind my back. It's really annoying), so I've just been playing this one. Maw-Of-The-Sea. Same idea as Heart-Of-The-Marsh. She has a full set of Steel Plate armor (I wish the helmets for the heavy armors fit the Argonian and Khajiit heads better) and Elven weapons (with a few thousand Dwarven Arrows). I can't remember what I was doing with her, but I'm pretty sure I was just exploring and gather alchemy ingredients.

Actually, now that I think about it, I'm certain she was heading for the swamps around Morthal. She needs some of the ingredients there.
I think that's where I'll go now. If I want to play Skyrim, I'd better do it before things get too hot. It's supposed to be 32 today and my PC does not like hot weather. The GPU needs to be cleaned again.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:23 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: All the main ones besides Arena
(I wish the helmets for the heavy armors fit the Argonian and Khajiit heads better)

-exactly, makes me use the Aetherial crown all the time on my Khajiit...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:36 pm 
Master
Master

ES Games: IV: GOTY, V: DG, HF, DB
Platform: PC (IV, V) & PS3 (V)
Jocien Rane, Breton agent and aspiring bard, and Arissa, Imperial rogue,
- ventured out of Falkreath and began their trek to Helgen to confirm for themselves that the rumors of a dragon attack were true
- met a shady Khajiit woman in an abandoned tower, who told them about the Way of the Nine
- defeated two highwaymen on the main road, and Jocien got his first battle scar -- an arrow grazed his arm but it was nothing a healing poultice couldn't remedy. Arissa was surprised at how well they worked together, with Jocien taking out the archer and her stealthy defeat of his partner.
- finally made it to Helgen, to find the place a smoldering mess.
- Arissa thinks it a good idea to report this fact to the Jarl of Whiterun Hold, and the two once again set off with a new destination in mind.
- Stayed a night in Riverwood at the Sleeping Giant Inn and stopped in the Riverwood Trader the following morning to meet Arissa's friend, Camilla Valerius.
- Jocien learned of Lucan and Camilla's troubles and, with a cheery smile on his face and a reluctant rogue on his tail, started for their mountain detour -- Bleak Falls Barrow.

I decided to scrap my Dunmer assassin in favor of a different idea . . yep, you guessed it, a witch! This one is a young Nord woman, Kaja. A bit of backstory: she and her brother were traveling with a small caravan of merchants from Windhelm on their way to trade in Riften. Long story short, the caravan was attacked and she was taken prisoner by a group of bandits who took her to their fort. For two months she was held prisoner and abused by her captors. Until. . .

Kaja, Nord witch-in-training,
- paid her captors back by cutting the throat of the leader as he slept. She sneaked out of the fort and killed the guard blocking her way silently. . . one of the others slept nearby and she couldn't help but hold a grudge, so she stabbed the woman . . and woke the rest of the bandits. Running from the camp for what seemed like hours in nothing but bare feet and ragged robes, she made it to a cave. . which she crept into.
- a Breton woman found her the next morning in sore need of care, with cuts on her feet and bruises both fresh and healing all over. She brought her deeper into the cave, where she found the strangest things; women in robes tended to herbs, cooked, read books, and most strangely tended to strange beasts such as skeevers, frostbite spiders (so many spiders) and even a troll, none of whom seemed hostile in the slightest.
- as the witches nurse her back to health, her hatred for the remaining bandits grows and her loyalty to her new sisters solidifies. The Breton who found her has even begun teaching her spells.

An okay start, I think! I'll be writing journal entries for both of them on the Elder Stats when I get the chance. Kaja's first one will be about the night described above.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:50 pm 
Champion
Champion

Witchery wrote:
I decided to scrap my Dunmer assassin in favor of a different idea . . yep, you guessed it, a witch!

Imagine my surprise! :D Glad you kept Jocien though.

Hist-Tongue, Argonian druid newly inscribed at the College of Winterhold, accompanied Professor Tolfdir on an excursion to the newly excavated ruins of Saarthal, during the course of which he met with several instances of what Sam Gamgee would have called an 'eye-opener':
1. they discovered a hitherto unexplored part of the ruins and found it still populated by the undead husks of its former residents;
2. Tongue was visited by an apparition claiming to be a member of something called the Psijic order who indulged in vague allusions to impeding danger and an important role that Tongue would have to play; Tongue was at a loss what to make of this, but he noticed the ghost looked like an Altmer, so he's probably in league with that Ancano fellow who hangs around at the college without any clear purpose;
3. they discovered a huge black globe imprisoned in some kind of forcefield and guarded by an ancient draugr lord, whom they defeated joining their powers. Interestingly the globe was the first thing that seemed to surprise Tolfdir, who had up to now been equally fascinated and completely unperturbed by anything they'd found;
4. Tongue discovered a wall that talked to him, which scared him more than anything else up to then. He's used to holding conversations with trees and other objects many people would (erroneously) consider inanimate, but this was the first time he's been addressed by a piece of architecture. What was even more strange, neither Tolfdir nor Arch-Mage Aren, to whom he reported subsequently, seemed to find that in any way extraordinary, which didn't exactly dispel his doubts about the mental stability of 'book-mages'.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:52 am 
Warder
Warder

Delia-Jessamine Maric, Breton stealth-mage, with Annekke Crag-Jumper, Nord crag-jumper, and Meeko, a dog;
1. Thinks Brunwulf Free-Winter is a big fat liar. Ok, maybe that's a little harsh, but his intel was not accurate.
2. Released a seemingly friendly werewolf at Gallows Rock. That was a mistake.
3. Saw that it takes the combined powers of two spriggans to turn her dog against her.
4. Retrieved a cracked White Phial for one of her favorite grumpy old men.

Long version
Spoiler:
Delia-Jessamine Maric, Breton stealth-mage, Annekke Crag-Jumper, Nord crag-jumper, and Meeko, a dog, began hiking to Gallows Rock to follow up on Brunwulf Free-Winter's task to eliminate some bandits that he claimed had been ambushing refugees and Khajiit caravans, but which Ulfric refused to lift a finger to bring to justice. Jess had traveled the roads near Gallows Rock countless times and had never seen anyone ambushed by bandits, so she wondered if Brunwulf might be embellishing his story a bit.

Still, they were going to check into it. Near Gallows Rock, they were attacked by yet another spriggan, but once again Meeko resisted the spriggan's spell and remained loyal. Good dog.

At Gallows Rock, they found, not bandits, but Silver Hands. Them again? So they dealt with the Silver Hands (Annekke: "Die, you Orc filth! Should have stayed in your precious forests, Elf!") Oh, and Jess killed Krev the Skinner... again... but perhaps "Krev the Skinner" is an honorary title for the Silver Hand leader, because I'm pretty sure Krev wasn't a female Orc the other time.

After they killed the Silver Hands, Jess did a foolish thing. Finding a werewolf in a cage, Jess cast Detect Life, and the test showed the werewolf was friendly. "Well, I used to be a werewolf, too... and what if it's Aela? Or Skjor?" Jess thought, keeping her thoughts to herself, since Annekke doesn't know about any of that. So Jess released it. Ah, but it was a ruse... the werewolf turned hostile! Bad werewolf! They had to kill it. "What the hell did you release it for?!?!" Annekke yelled at Jess (well, I assume she did).

Back in Windhelm the next day, Jess reported back to Brunwulf, who Jess no longer trusts as a source of reliable intel. He gave her some money.

After trading in the open market, they went into The White Phial. Conversing with Nurelion, one of Jess's favorite grumpy old men, and a fellow alchemist, she found out he had located the object of his life's work - something called... "The White Phial", of course. But Nurelion was too old and feeble to go after it.

"I'll get it for you!" Jess said, eager to help. "By the way, what's the White Phial?"

Nurelion explained.

The next morning, Jess, Annekke, and Meeko headed for Forsaken Cave, initially overshooting the mark and going almost to Nightgate before realizing it. Come on, Annekke, you're supposed to be the navigator in this group. Then they were attacked by two spriggans, whose combined powers finally managed to turn Meeko hostile. Jess Pacified Meeko and summoned two Flame Atronachs. Take that, spriggans! How do you like fire?

However, a dying spriggan had the last laugh, as it somehow managed to turn one of Jess's Flame Atronachs hostile (apparently). So Jess, Annekke, and Meeko the Pacified watched the Atronachs fight each other for a bit before Jess expelled them back to Oblivion.

They found Forsaken Cave (haven't we been here before? yes, I think we got some fine-cut void salts for a sea captain in Dawnstar waaay back in the day). Inside it was draugr, draugr, more draugr, then some more draugr, then a dragon priest accompanied by some draugr. And a cracked White Phial. Bummer.

They returned to Windhelm, and the next day reported back to Nurelion. After hearing the bad news, the old alchemist crawled into bed, depressed. Jess felt bad for him.

Quintus thanked them for trying. Then they went to the Candlehearth for lunch.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:07 am 
Undecided
Undecided

Gave the Orc at Karthwasten a sword her mother made. Turns out that said sword was a message of "Stay in Paris, girl. You're not welcome at the farm anymore." Sad irony is, it was this same Orc who'd informed me that I was now welcome in the strongholds. And it was on my first visit to one where I was given this particular delivery mission.

Casandra: At the moment, the deadliest weapon at my disposal is a goblin's head on a stick. I'd be worried if this was the plan.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:46 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Nelya, bosmer huntress:
- after leaving Moss Mother Cave, returned to Lakeview Manor and worked on the house.

- went to town Falkreath and sold stuff.
- next she found the Glenmoril coven and proceeded sneaking inside. Wiped out the witches and collected their heads. ( grizzly).
- it was night when she returned to Whiterun so she went to Breezehome for a sleep.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:20 pm 
Undecided
Undecided

The kill-cams I've been seeing with Casandra have been pretty wicked of late, but one in particular sticks to mind. She was shooting at some bandit outside a snow-swept burial hall. The bandot fell to his knees, crying "Mercy! I beg of you!".

Cassie loosed another shot. The camera follows the arrow as it flew through the snow flurries, then shows it striking the kneeling bandit squarely in the back.

Even I had to mutter, "Oh, that's cold..." and shake my head.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:22 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

ES Games: Morrowind, Skyrim
Well having actual drunkenness available to me now in Skyrim I was inspired to make a perma-drunk character and have to admit I'm probably having more fun with her than should. A young Breton named Jacqueline, I picture her as somewhat of a female Jack Sparrow. Highlights thus far include getting into four brawls before level seven and winning them all, and managing to snipe three Forsworn at one location without them catching on to her, all while experiencing vision blur. She swears that there were six of them and three simply decided to run in fear.

Low points include stumbling to her death while climbing stairs in Markarth and falling flat on her face while rushing to attack a Forsworn archer (miraculously this didn't mean her death).

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:42 pm 
Warder
Warder

This post contains spoilers for the quest "Mistwatch".

Delia-Jessamine Maric, Breton stealth-mage, with Annekke Crag-Jumper, Nord crag-jumper, and Meeko, an unstealthy dog, messed around in Windhelm for the afternoon and spent the night at Hjerim. The next morning, they hiked around eastern Eastmarch, finding several spots of minor interest, including Mzulft. Jess may have experienced deja vu approaching Mzulft. (She doesn't remember it, but in a parallel universe, she fully explored the ruin as part of the CoW questline - but then her player decided she was not fit to be Arch-Mage and cut short her ambition by reverting to a pre-Mzulft save. Jess then dropped out of college.)

They spent the night at Darkwater Crossing and checked out Mistwatch the next morning. Inside Mistwatch, a man named Christer asked them for help finding his kidnapped wife, Fjola, who he thought was being held by the bandits. So my trio made their way through Mistwatch killing bandits and finding a dead Imperial woman, a kidnapping victim who lost her life at the hands of her captors.

Later, Jess was forced into a conversation with the bandit leader, who was apparently using Detect Life and had irresistible charisma to make that happen. Anyway, it turned out that Fjola was the bandit leader. She just wanted her husband to leave her alone and was unconcerned that Jess & The Gang had killed her entire crew. Based on some of her dialogue, Fjola seemed to have an "easy come, easy go" philosophy.

[What follows makes no more role-play sense than Fjola's lack of concern about her dead crew.]

Jess told Fjola that she would get Christer to leave, and Fjola gave Jess her wedding ring to give to him. Jess told Christer that Fjola was dead and showed him the ring. He was relieved to have closure, and left. The quest update said "Speak to Fjola". OK, but we intend to kill Fjola after speaking with her. So they began walking back to Fjola. Fjola met them halfway, and as my trio approached, Fjola kneeled over one of her dead bandits and said "I'm going to find who did this."

Hmmm, I realize that Fjola didn't actually see her crew killed by Jess, Annekke, and Meeko, but let's review the evidence available:
1. Jess & The Gang show up, and Fjola's crew is found dead. Circumstantial, but it does place Jess & The Gang at the scene.
2. Arrows in dead bandits matching the arrows carried by Jess and Annekke. Getting warmer...
3. Dog bites on dead bandits... Ok, that should be red hot. What does Fjola want to see, Meeko's dental records?

I decided that Fjola was too stupid to kill, so she got to return to her investigation, and everybody lived happily ever after, end of quest.

[I had previously tried the alternate method of completing the Mistwatch quest, and it wasn't much better.]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:24 am 
Novice
Novice

I started my first new character today! All my previous characters have been based heavily off me and been bretons - my new character, Edvin, is an orc. He's still learning his way around Skyrim, and seeking out Strongholds to crush :D

My mods:

Un-Unobtainable Clothes
Familiar Friends
Destruction Weapons

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:44 am 
Undecided
Undecided

The Dark Brotherhood set an assassin against me. A trio of Thalmor Justiciars tried to kill me under orders from Alawen (this whilst me doing nothing to provoke such action). Jaila Law-Giver hired three goons to rough me up. A ticked-off spriggan sprayed me. A dragon tried to eat me. Two treasure hunters tried to kill me while said dragon was trying to eat me and them.

This keeps up, and I might start thinking that folks in Skyrim simply don't want me around.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:53 pm 
Champion
Champion

In the last couple of days Hist-Tongue, Argonian druid currently languishing in the treeless north,

- went to deal with a bandit leader for Jarl Korir's bounty; rumour had it the gang in question had made their camp in the wreck of a stranded ship. Exploring the coast between Winterhold and Windhelm he found such a wreck soon enough and some bandits too, but when the fight was over and he had leisure to examine the ship closer the writing at the prow read "Pride of Tel Vos", not "Winter War". The detour wasn't in vain, though, for in a waterlogged chest he discovered a barely legible journal which offered another eye-opener when he sat down to read it and connected the dots. Who would have thought that one of his close friends, an Argonian in all but scales, should turn out to be the last heir of heinous House Telvanni, long feared and hated among the Saxhleel as the cruellest of slave owners... raised by the very race that took bloody revenge on his kinsfolk. The sad irony of this story wasn't lost on Tongue, who couldn't deny his grumpy respect to Lymdrenn Telvanni, a wise and noble man as Dunmer go.

- found the right shipwreck, killed the right bandits and collected his bounty from the jarl, who was so impressed with Tongue's deeds that he entrusted our good lizard with the task to retrieve the legendary Helm of Winterhold from Ironbind Barrow. Anticipating trouble with the barrow's undead denizens Tongue thought it wise to team up with two treasure hunters he found camping at the entrance, especially as one of them was both a fellow Argonian and a mage of some power. They succeeded in slaying the undead warlord presiding over the draugr and found the Helm, but their victory was overshadowed by the death of Beem-Ja who, charging ahead recklessly, was felled by an arrow loosed by an undead archer. A letter found in a pocket of Beem's robes cast some doubts on the mage's character and past life, but Tongue gave him the benefit of doubt and honoured him by setting his corpse on Gathrik's empty throne.

- saw a spriggan and her sabercat fight two hunters on his way back to Windhelm and rushed to aid the dryad. She had finished her foes before he could join the fight, but her shining green eyes rested on him for a moment or an eternity, and he swears she nodded her acknowledgment to him before going on her way.

- delivered the Helm to Korir who offered him a thaneship in return, which Tongue politely declined, as he feels worldly honours and a position at court will only detract from his mission.

- entered Forsaken Cave (which he had accidentally discovered on his way to Ironbind) in search of the fabled White Phial. After fighting his way through hordes of draugr and defeating their lord Curalmil himself (thanks to several flame atronach scrolls) he did indeed find the Phial, only to discover that it was cracked. He also discovered Curalmil's secret laboratory and used the ingredients preserved therein for some experiments which led him to a whole new level of understanding alchemy.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ETA: Coincidentally, just as Hist-Tongue was passing by Anga's Mill Aeri and her bunch of treekillers there spontaneously developped a mysterious mental disorder which caused them to run amuck and turn their axes on each other, leaving none alive. Local authorities found no evidence connecting the Argonian with the murders.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:12 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, Morrowind
UESPoints: 7
Sylmirie and Aicantar are now homesteaders in the forests of Falkreath. They agreed to build the most luxurious and well crafted log home in the neighborhood, to be guarded by flame atronachs and war dogs. Lydia was made steward and construction continues to go at a modest rate.

Sylmirie purchased chickens and is on the search for a good cow. And while her husband gardened one afternoon, she and Meeko slipped away to investigate Pinewatch. They made sure to leave a good first impression on their bandit neighbors. :Twisted Evil:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:19 pm 
Warder
Warder

This post contains spoilers for "Repairing the Phial".

After spending the night at Darkwater Crossing, Delia-Jessamine Maric, Breton stealth-mage, Annekke Crag-Jumper, Nord crag-jumper, and Meeko, unstealthy dog, left for Windhelm to trade. They passed by Mistwatch again and checked out some skeleton-infested ruins just north of it. Meeko must have been eager to gnaw the bones, because he killed the skeletons before Jess or Annekke could fire a shot.

At Windhelm, a courier met them outside. They needed to see Quintus right away. He thinks he can repair the White Phial and save Nurelion. Quintus turned out to be a surprisingly shrewd businessman, selling Jess one of the items he wanted her to collect for him. I think their conversation went something like this:

Quintus: To repair the Phial and save Master Nurelion, I need you to collect some things for me. Unmelting Snow, Mammoth Tusk Powder, and a Briar-heart. You're in luck, because I happen to have a Briar-heart for sale.
Jess: Why not just use it? Why should I have to buy it and give it back to you?
Quintus: Oh, I see... you're more concerned about a few septims than about Master Nurelion. I didn't know you were so selfish.
Jess bought the Briar-heart (and later gave it back).

So a routine shopping trip turned into another quest. And Annekke hadn't told Verner she was going to be away for longer than the day... but she's a bit of a bounder, you know. The trio left Windhelm to gather the remaining ingredients as quickly as possible, though it took 3 days. The journey was eventful. Jess was almost killed by a Volkihar Vampire - they have long been her bane. However, no giants were harmed during the completion of this quest.

Back at Windhelm, Jess gave the ingredients to Quintus, etc. Sadly, they were just a little too late, but at least Nurelion lived long enough to see the result of his life's work. Quintus gave Jess the White Phial, and Jess chose to have it generate healing potions (more symbolic than practical, as I don't even allow her to drink healing potions).

Jess was saddened by the death of the crotchety old alchemist, and took a long last look at him before leaving. She, Annekke, and Meeko decided to head back to Darkwater Crossing.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:34 pm 
Novice
Novice

After clearing out some spiders from Redbelly Mine, Edvin befriended a blacksmith by the name of Filjnar. Unfortunately, this friendship was short-lived; a wizard appeared out of nowhere and killed him. No, seriously. I don't know why. The guards COMPLETELY failed to do their duty and defend the blacksmith, and in fact ran away, screaming "SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING!" Edvin is planning to kill these guards later, to avenge his lost friend.

In the meantime, he's apparently become a courier for the folks at Shor's stone, and has been tasked with delivering messages between a young woman and her parents.

My mods:

Un-Unobtainable Clothes
Familiar Friends
Destruction Weapons

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:55 pm 
Undecided
Undecided

Ugh. That reminds me of something that happened a few days ago: chased down and killed by a spriggan while heading back to Whiterun. I managed to get to the watchtower and the patrols on the front roads, but the lazy schmucks (once again) treated this like a bar brawl and chose to watch rather than help.

This was especially egregious because I'm pretty sure that [&@%!] dryad wasn't a taxpayer. Why the guards would let one get away with assault and murder of a citizen is beyond my ken.

I did a fresh restart. Even sat through the opening cart-ride to Helgen. I had to because I modded a new .esm to replace the huskarl of Markarth with a Light Armor ranger rather than the usual tank you normally get as a Thane. My experience with the typical huskarl is this: a lightly-armored thane and her heavily-armored huskarl get into a battle with the bad guys. The bad guys close on the thin-skinned thane and engage in melee combat. The thick-skinned huskarl decides to hang back and send an arrow in the general direction of the fight every few seconds. Sometimes an arrow even hits something, but doesn't do much damage because the thick-headed skinned huskarl's archery skill is comparatively low.

New huskarl will hopefully be less clanky in the sneaking department and a better shot.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:50 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim Legendary, ESO, Legends
Platform: PC, PS3
Other Profiles: Steam: Captain Mauin, ESO: @Mauin and @Merorzen, Legends: Mauin
UESPoints: 1
I deleted Maw-Of-The-Sea and created a new Argonian. This one (Stalker-Of-The-Prey) has fins.

She didn't really do that much. Mined ore, picked plants, wandered over to the Atronach Stone, explored a couple of Dwemer ruins, and did a whole lot of crafting.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:37 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

During past ywo days:

I tried to play with Kyra Frostblade, but her save is getting bugged. Can't get Dexion Evicus to read the elder scroll. He keeps kneeling and being busy... Tried everything I could figure out: reloading, attacking him, going back to older save. Only effect was with leaving Fort Dawnguard and getting back in -> the daedra cursed priest turned hostile and attacked Isran! Tried doing some other quest and game froze during werewolf transformation. Gah!

Picked up Walara, breton mage and her bodyguard Lydia instead
- They walked to Fellglow Keep, getting attacked by wildlife on the road.
- once inside the Keep, Walara released some vampires and watched them kill mages occupying the place.
- freed Orthorn, but he was later killed in a battle against necromancers.
She is dangerous to be around.

On xbox, Nelya bosmer huntress:
- returned to Jorrvaskar to find out what happend to Kodlak.
- she and Vilkas headed out to kill silver hands in their lair... That took some going since they kept being attacked by dragons, bears, wolves and icewraiths....lot of icewraiths. After that taking revenge on the silverhands was piece of cake.
- they returned just in time for the funeral and the Eorlund had little task for Nelya. Rumaging thru Kodlak's room, she found his journal. Reading it was touching moment for her.
- whem the axe was repaired, the Circle headed to Ysagmor's tomb. That was one tough dungeon for her cause she couldn't sneak. Had to go battle-save- battle - save- just to avoid doing same fights over and over again. But they succeeded and Nelya got new word for a shout (I almost missed the Word Wall).
- Nelya wandered around a bit, foud remains of some unfortunate mage ( killed by his own experiment?) and eventually arrived to Winterhold. Sold stuff to Birna and bought a dragon claw.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101 ... 126  Next