UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sun Oct 13, 2024 10:18 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99 ... 126  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 'What You Did in Skyrim Today' Thread
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:17 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360, PS3
UESPoints: 0
I didn't have much time, so:
Malandor, bosmer assasin:

- Finished reading Cicero's journals (yep, all of them and word by word)
- Talked with the Family, gained Shadowmere.
- Rode to Falkreath on intention to assasinate Helvard but a Frost dragon spoiled his plans. By the time the dragon was killed, it was dawn and everyone was up and alert.
- Went home to Lakeview Manor instead for some rest and crafting. Will try again next night.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:59 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Morrobloodtribunal, Oblivering Knights, Skydawnfireborn
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 2
Hist-Tongue, Argonian druid in the making and emissary of the Hist, travelling from Falkreath to Riverwood,
- investigated Peak Shade Tower and found a Khajiit in Blades armour (3DNPC S'vashni) standing over the body of a dead spriggan. When the insolent cat, called to account, proceeded to add insult to injury Tongue avenged the slain dryad, felling her murderer with a few swift strokes of his trusty battlestaff; the cat's armour and twin katanas fetched a nice sum of septims from Lod the blacksmith back in Falkreath.
- passed through the ruins of Helgen once more and found them occupied by bandits. While luring the outlaws outside the town walls one by one to whittle down their numbers he soon noticed noise of combat inside the walls as well; it turned out that an imperial legionary had independently engaged the bandits. Now Tongue is no great friend of the Empire, but he despises bandits even more and will join forces with anyone against them. When the two of them had cleared the fort the soldier, who introduced himself as "Hadvar" and seemed strangely familiar*, tried to convince Tongue that only the Empire stands between the Dominion and the rest of the world, but didn't explain what he'd been doing there all alone. Tongue later concluded that Hadvar may have been scouting for an Imperial patrol he encountered shortly thereafter. If only he knew why he feels like he should have known the man...
*The fun thing is that Hist-Tongue alternate-started in Riften and has never met Hadvar before, nor do I remember him randomly spawning in Helgen in the middle of a game - he definitely wasn't there the few times I went there with Marilyn (II) and the same setup of mods. This game still has a few surprises up its sleeve.

Jeder sollte einmal reisen in das schöne Vvardenfell!

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:51 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

ES Games: Morrowind, Skyrim
Visited the Soul Cairn and the dragon decided that he didn't want to fight even after multiple reloads. I decided to just use the console to advance the quest to where I get the Elder Scroll. I like to think that he was too afraid to fight then after that he gave me his shout out of respect for how effectively I wielded the console commands.

Also I found werewolf mauling Astrid to be somewhat of a disappointment. Stunned her so bad she didn't even have time to draw her weapon before I killed her. Figured she would at least struggle a bit, instead she just flopped around on the ground. The rest of the Brotherhood wasn't much tougher.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:07 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Kyra Frostblade, nord barbarian werewolf and Serana:
- Did a brief visit to Solitude to sell loot and buy healing potions.
- Continued search for the Moth Priest, found the Moth Priest, rescued the Moth Priest and then the Moth Priest killed Kyra. Twice. (reload-reload). Kyra also came to conclusion that she doesn't like when Serana ressurrects the bodies she's just slain.
- Kyra decided to keep a distance from Dexion and hiked south of the cave. Accidentally led a mudcrab to imperial patrol, then watched the mudcrab kill nearly whole patrol before giving them her help. (Not very great advertise for Imperial Legion) Even Meeko did better against the killer crab that the imperial soldiers.
- Kyra adopted Meeko
- There was another werewolf attack, this time in Robber's Gorge. Since victims were mostly bandits (and two vigilants of Stendarr nearby), nobody cares.
- After she got her hands back, Kyra looted the place and found the crossbow scematics for Sorine. Hunted bandit's treasure and was disappointed with it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:49 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

Decided to give the Interesting NPCs mod a try. Between downloading and having Nexus Modmanager decompress it I think it took close to two hours to install the mod, compared to the usual less than five minutes. From what I've seen it was completely worth the trouble.

I've been trying to go further with the Dawnguard main quest but I've been easily distracted. Highlight of today's playing by far was a quest where I stumbled upon a pair of skooma addicts. One of which was in possession an amulet of articulation. She managed to convince me to switch a case of mead destined for a dinner party of Maven Black-Briar's with skooma. I could not stop laughing the entire quest. Payment for my troubles was made in a fortune of gold and wisdom to enlighten me, which turned out to be ten septims and five bottles of skooma.

Though I think the best line of today's playthrough can be attributed to the new assistant librarian of the College of Winterhold, "I hear that the Dark Brotherhood has a Listener dedicated to hearing people's grievances".

On more serious questing, helping a pair rogue Altmer undermine the Thalmor and support the worship of Talos was quite satisfying, though a little sad.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:25 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, Morrowind
UESPoints: 7
Lieth got into a fist fight with a man named Dryston, and accidentally pulled out her fire enchanted ebony dagger on him. She then paid a nearby guard 600 gold to keep the murder hushed. But after a few pints of mead at the Silver-Blood Inn with her bff Marcurio, she got a bit cocky and decided to pay Thonar Silver-Blood a visit and ask him some questions about the Forsworn.

Somehow, Lieth ended up in jail, and a mass slaughter ensued. Should she have kept Thonar alive also, since he was responsible for imprisoning her? Well, she couldn't let vengeance drive her to a point where the city of Markarth's functions were jeopardized...so she let it go. For now.

Home again in Whiterun with Vilkas and the children. They're packing up to spend some time at the homestead and forget all that Markarth mess.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:08 pm 
Champion
Champion

p-sto wrote:
Decided to give the Interesting NPCs mod a try. Between downloading and having Nexus Modmanager decompress it I think it took close to two hours to install the mod, compared to the usual less than five minutes. From what I've seen it was completely worth the trouble.

I've been trying to go further with the Dawnguard main quest but I've been easily distracted. Highlight of today's playing by far was a quest where I stumbled upon a pair of skooma addicts. One of which was in possession an amulet of articulation. She managed to convince me to switch a case of mead destined for a dinner party of Maven Black-Briar's with skooma. I could not stop laughing the entire quest. Payment for my troubles was made in a fortune of gold and wisdom to enlighten me, which turned out to be ten septims and five bottles of skooma.

Whenever I'm in an inn with an Interesting NPC bard I request Mogo's Mead; it's such a lovely song... :wink:

Seriously though, Interesting NPCs is one of my must have mods. Been playing with it for more than a year now and I still feel like I've only scratched the surface, there's always more to discover...

OT, Hist-Tongue, Argonian druid etc. yadda yadda,
- cleared Embershard Mine, which went surprisingly well and levelled his conjuration and two-handed skills nicely. He's now (level 12) at a point where he can deal with most beasts and one or two bandits at a time but can still die to a single wolf if he lets himself be surprised;
- is currently prospecting for silver because he's planning to replace his iron battlestaff with a silver one so he can take on draugr. I seemed to remember there were some silver veins near the unmarked bandit camp south of the Guardian Stones, but I was wrong, there's only corundum there. I'm pretty sure there were some not far from Whiterun though. As a side effect he cleared said bandit camp and found Treasure Map I.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:39 pm 
Warder
Warder

Platform: PS3 PS4
Other Profiles: BuzBee3(PSN)
Felinia and Farkas retieved Panatea's Flute.
The Necromancer's in Hob's Fall Cave were pretty difficult to kill, so Felinia decided at the last room to Sneak past everyone using invisibility, Farkas waited back and a Flame Atronach kept them busy.
Sneak, loot and run.
( we did try to own this room but used up too many lives)
The reward was nice.
Level 36?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:52 am 
Guardian
Guardian

Finn Wolfshorn wrote:
Seriously though, Interesting NPCs is one of my must have mods. Been playing with it for more than a year now and I still feel like I've only scratched the surface, there's always more to discover...

I agree, I feel like it gives Skyrim the one thing it was really missing, NPCs I actually want to talk to. The fact that I can spend ten minutes talking a NPC and actually be interested the entire time is amazing.

Today I stumbled upon a Thalmor agent spying on a Stormcloak deserter. I then visited a Shrine to Talos where I met a dragon hunter Dunmer, we killed some giants together.

Heading to the northern ice fields now to track down Septimus because I really need to get moving on the vampire quests since attacks on cities are getting a lot more deadly. So basically I'm walking in circles around Skyrim.

Leaving a city is blaze of fire as usual I see, Dohva.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:29 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Malandor, bosmer assassin:
- After some R&R at Lakeview, returned to Falkreath. He got impatient so he just provoked Helvard to attack him and got away with "it was self-defence". Not his usual style but he's in a hurry.
- Travelled to Whiterun, where he got Olava to read his future. Spent a night in Breezehome and visited Dragonreach. He converted the children's room to alchemy lab.
- And then to the Dawnstar with Shadowmere. They found injured Arnbjorn.
- Before entering the Sanctuary, Malandor and Shadowmere did some fishing. Mostly Shadowmere did, since Malandor couldn't even see those slaughterfishes.

Walara, a breton wanna-be-mage:
- Escaped Helgen. Mostly by hiding behind Ralof's back and occasionally summoning her familiar or casting firespell.
- Reached Riverwood safely, sold loot, bought all the spells she could afford from Lucan, did alchemy in the Sleeping Giant and stayed overnight with Gerdur and Hod's home
- The trip to Whiterun was uneventful, just one wolf, imperial patrol with prisoner and the usual giant-killing scene with companions.
- She earned some honest gold by helping harvest Pelagius's farm. She lost some of them to Khajit traders...mostly by buying filled soulgems.
- Reported to Jarl, got steel armour and next mission. Bought more spells from Farengar untill she was out of gold. Enchanted a bit (disenchanted her novice robes, so she's now wearing just the rough spun tunic. she needs to get to some proper gear before she can go adventuring).

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:05 pm 
Warder
Warder

Platform: PS3 PS4
Other Profiles: BuzBee3(PSN)
Lost Seamoor Tailwags (DiD) very sad.
Felinia and Farkas went on a quest.
Felinia has been wearing leveled fur armor and thieves guild boots with Forsworn feathers. Felinia bought Wolf Armor for Farkas. He loves it, and looks great in it. (His Steel Armor was getting "stinky")
Felinia did not use the Beastblood as planned today, there was not a good opportunity. Next time.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:21 am 
Guardian
Guardian

Finally decided on what I was going to do with my Khajiit. I decided that she's a vampire queen who's followers were destroyed. She's escaped to Skyrim with the ambition of rebuilding. Started out by doing a couple quests for the College of Winterhold and perhaps this is a little greedy but the first person I turned was Elsif. It's good to have puppets in power. For the moment Lydia accompanies her everywhere as a mobile snack.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:22 pm 
Champion
Champion

Hist-Tongue, Argonian druid...,
- cleared Halted Stream and Silent Moons (the last one with a little help from the friendly neighborhood mammoths at Bleakwind Basin);
- finally found a vein of silver and mined enough ore to forge himself a nice new battlestaff;
- had an acute fit of home-sickness and took the carriage back to Riften, where he embarrassed Haelga with some marks of Dibella, much to Svana's delight;
- enchanted his new staff with Moonfire (aka Silent Moons enchantment).

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:14 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, Morrowind
UESPoints: 7
Lieth the Bosmer and her good friend Marcurio made their way through Alftand, months after she discovered her Dovahkiin powers (its finally time to do something about Alduin...maybe). As a thief, she prefers exploring dungeons in silence, but he was pretty chatty and fascinated with the Dwemer constructs. It drove her a bit crazy and she kept going on ahead of him.

Is it just me or does Marcurio get more talkative the longer he's a follower? Because I don't recall him having been so chatty.

They didn't find much in the way of treasure, which was disappointing. Then again, with 4 houses, a well off store, and more gold saved aside than she and Vilkas can spend, Lieth left a lot of goods in their chests for some other adventurer to find. She can only have so much amethysts etc that she can't really do anything with anymore.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:23 am 
Guardian
Guardian

Dohva. wrote:
Then again, with 4 houses, a well off store, and more gold saved aside than she and Vilkas can spend, Lieth left a lot of goods in their chests for some other adventurer to find. She can only have so much amethysts etc that she can't really do anything with anymore.

Gods I can appreciate that. My Dunmer, Sedris, has over 100,000 Septims, a house, a chest overflowing with supplies, armour and weapons and an encumbrance of around 400. I keep telling myself to stop looting bodies and chests but I can't seem to stop checking.

Been playing more with Khajiit vampire Epaki and having lots of fun. In the past few days she has risen to the ranks or Archmage of the College of Winterhold, which she celebrated by turning Faralda into a vampire opening her up as a follower. The merry band of Epaki, Lydia, Gorr and Faralda then spent some time around Solitude gaining political stature (thane quests) and looking into some missing texts that could lead to some apparently powerful spells.

Kind of came grinding to a halt when they stumbled upon a girl locked in a cage and rescued her. Zora was happy to join Ekapi but only on a one on one basis. Since then We rescued a witch from a crystal and got involved in a pit fighting ring. Epaki rather enjoyed the pit fighting but there were some events that happened.

Honestly I feel like this quest line from Interesting NPCs would better fit Sedris, unfortunately it locked to activating the main quest which is something I really don't want to do right now. Feelings are mixed at the moment.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:11 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Walara, breton mage-apprentice:
- After delivering frost salts, doing some alchemy and selling everything she made, chopping wood and picking up almost everything that wasn't nailed down from Bannered Mare and then selling it, Walara gained enough gold (and unenchanted blue robes) to buy Ring of Minor Magic from Belethor's and hire Jenassa.
- With Jenassa, Walara went to Bleak Falls Barrow. Sneaking around and letting Jenassa do most of the close combat.
- After returning the Golden Claw back to Lucan, Walara and Jenassa wandered around to Falkreath, surviving lot of wolves and few necromancers. Talsgar the Wanderer didn't have their luck. Walara actually tried to help him to fight off wolves, but her spell hit him too and Jenassa took care of the rest. She did get herself both blue mage Robe and black mage robe and circlet of minor destruction.
- Walara and Jenassa took a carriage to Winterhold and she joined the College. After the First Lessons, she survived the Sarthaal. Again, Jenassa kept their attention and she cast spells from safe distance.

Deera, female khajit
- Returned to Thieves guild and turned in jobs and reported to Maven and Mercer Frey
- picked up more jobs
- Headed to Solitude.

Kyra Frostblade, nord barbarian now with Meeko
- Returned to Dawnguard and that Moth Priest turned hostile again. After she and Isran had beaten him, he's now crouching, sword at his hand over the Elder Scroll, being busy.
- Kyra reported to Sorine and Gunmar and acquired improved version of crossbow. And of course they had more jobs for her.
- Returned to Isran but Dexion is still busy...I'm starting to worry he's glitched.

- Entered Dawnstar Sanctuary and after summoning Spectral assassin, started exploring. The ghost of Lucien didn't survive long but he did have some things to say that made Malandor thing. He doesn't know yet if he will kill Cicero or let him live.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:02 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC (Morrowind, Oblivion), X360 (Skyrim)
Delia-Jessamine Maric, Annekke Crag-Jumper, and Meeko, non-sentient constructs of pixels and bits, were part of the visual and auditory stimuli transmitted to this player by his television and under his partial control through an XBox 360 system and controller. These stimuli were interpreted by the player and are now reported to the reader for secondary interpretation. Readers can decide for themselves if their actions were heroic, villainous, or neutral; canon-friendly or canon-unfriendly; interesting or boring; etc, as they see fit - or may just choose to stop reading, if they haven't stopped already.

More specifically, Delia-Jessamine Maric, Breton stealth-mage, with Annekke Crag-Jumper, Nord crag-jumper, and Meeko, a dog:
1. Finished liberating Skyrim from Imperial oppression.
2. Let Ulfric have the honor of executing General Tullius, though she was momentarily tempted to do the job herself.
3. Was pleased with Ulfric's wise decision to spare her friend Elisif - not that Jess would have allowed otherwise. Elisif appears to hold no grudge against the Dragonborn.
4. Wandered around for a few days so Annekke could see some sights in western Skyrim. While they were wandering, the new Elisif administration completely repaired Solitude. Impressive.
5. Was the recipient of various idle threats by the grumpkins in the Blue Palace basement. Only the Idgrods weren't spiteful.
6. [pure roleplay] Was counseled by Annekke to accept the marginal role in Skyrim politics that is Jess's inevitable fate.

Long version
Spoiler:
Delia-Jessamine Maric, Breton stealth-mage, Annekke Crag-Jumper, Nord crag-jumper, and Meeko, a dog, went to see Ulfric at the Palace of the Kings. It was early, so the group waited in the war room for Ulfric to emerge from his chambers. Ulfric told Jess to report to Galmar, as expected, this time at the Haafingar Stormcloak Camp. He also gave Jess some Stormcloak Officer's attire - I don't see Jess wearing a bear on her head, but the rest looked OK, I guess. Ulfric also encouraged Jess to take Thaneship in Eastmarch, which will require buying property, but Jess wants to win the war first.

They left for Haafingar. It was a long trip, taking about three days, and was fairly eventful. They passed through Darkwater Crossing and then Whiterun. There Jess saw her lover, Aela, who is holding out on Jess until the war is over - all the more reason to bring it to a swift end - and her separated husband Torvar, who longs to get back together, but Jess doesn't see it happening. Jess, Annekke, and Meeko also traded, prayed to Kynareth, and then retired to Breezehome, where Balgruuf's spy Lydia still lives. They were exhausted and got a late start the next day.

They continued on the next morning, noticing that Stormcloaks now occupy Fort Greymoor. A dragon circled them several times near Gjukar's Monument, then flew away. They stopped in Rorikstead for the night, where Jess was happy to see that her friend and protege Erik the Slayer was still alive. They pressed on for the Stormcloak camp the next day. There Jess visited the wounded and attempted to heal them without success - some injuries just don't respond to Healing Hands, but perhaps she at least cheered them a bit.

After a few hours sleep, Jess got her orders from Galmar. Meet the troops and take Fort Hraggstad. The significance of the outpost was beyond Jess's limited capacity for strategic thought, but orders are orders. She donned her officer's gear, sans bear head, and the trio hiked to the Fort. The battle was the same as usual. Snipe and summon, summon and snipe. After the battle, one of the Stormcloaks said, "we'll show those faithless dogs who Skyrim belongs to." Jess looked at Meeko and wondered if he is faithless.

Mission accomplished, they reported back to Galmar. It was time to take Solitude (the significance of Fort Hraggstad still eludes me).

They wasted no time heading for Solitude. It was around noon already, and a storm rolled in bringing rain and lightning. As they approached Solitude, Jess thought of calling for Odahviing as she had done at the Battle of Whiterun, but decided against it. She had made her point already at Whiterun, and the Imperial defenders of Solitude would likely fold under the mere threat of a dragon attack. No need to actually bring Odie unless necessary, as he had been brutal at Whiterun, and Jess wanted to minimize bloodshed, if possible.

Outside Solitude, the trio was attacked by a Thalmor wizard, apparently tasked with trying to stop the Dragonborn from participating in the battle. He failed.

Inside the city, Jess summoned her Dremora and began sniping with the aid of Slow Time. She quickly made her way through the defenses to Castle Dour. During the fray, she lost sight of Annekke and Meeko. Though worried about their safety, Jess entered Castle Dour along with Ulfric and Galmar. Inside, a standoff with Legate Rikke ended with her demise, which was unfortunate because Ulfric and Galmar gave their old friend every opportunity to leave with impunity.

Next there was a verbal exchange between General Tullius, Ulfric, and Galmar. Though Jess had always been conflicted about the Civil War and had some reservations about taking a side, Tullius' words finally convinced Jess (and her player) that she had chosen the right side. But that's controversial, so I'll stop there.

Ulfric offered Jess the opportunity to execute General Tullius, and though her blood was boiling in response to Tullius' remarks, she gave Ulfric the honor. Ulfric then gave Jess his sword, a Daedric Sword of the Vampire. Another trophy for the wall.

The trio went back outside, where Jess stood beside Ulfric as he gave a speech which mentioned the Dragonborn and maintained Elisif's rule of Solitude. During the speech, Jess heard a dog barking beside her. It was Meeko. Annekke then came running up and joined the group listening to Ulfric. Thank the Nine they were OK. Jess spoke with Ulfric and Galmar, then inspected the badly damaged city, before going to Proudspire for the night. "I hope you're not here to cause trouble," Jordis joked.

The next morning, Jess, Annekke, and Meeko left Solitude so Annekke, who is a bit of a bounder, could tour some parts of Skyrim that she hadn't seen before. Southern Haafingar, the northern Reach, across to Rorikstead, and back up to Solitude. The trip took a couple of days and, needless to say, was not uneventful. [The gameplay reason I had them do that was because I figured Solitude would not be repaired while they were hanging around, so I needed them to leave. With Annekke as a follower, you always have an excuse to explore or wander.]

They returned to find the city completely repaired. Very impressive work. Elisif makes Vignar look like a slacker, since Whiterun still hadn't been completely repaired. The trio went to see Elisif.

"It's a fine day with you around," Elisif said. Jess's presence always seems to lift her spirits. They talked. Elisif still thinks she should be High Queen. Well, Jess used to want Elisif for High Queen, too - until Jess wanted to be High Queen herself. Neither is going to happen.

Jess "heard" that the former jarls in exile were living in the basement of the Blue Palace, so she went downstairs to check on them. It was her first time to meet Siddgeir, and Jess hoped that whoever took his place would do something about the bandit haven that Helgen had become. She also had no idea who was running The Reach or Hjaalmarch - not holds with strong ties to the Dragonborn.

The former jarls and their courts were a belligerent and spiteful bunch, with several making idle threats against Jess (Irileth was like that before, so she seemed unchanged by the experience). Only the two Idgrods had anything to say that wasn't nasty. Jess didn't linger for long with the grumpkins in the basement.

They went back to say goodbye to Elisif and then returned to Proudspire. During the walk, I imagine they had a conversation that went something like this:

"I know what you're thinking," Annekke said, "But if Ulfric wants a Breton bride, I'm sure he'll let you know."
"What makes you think I want to marry Ulfric?"
"I think you want to be High Queen. And the only way that can happen peacefully is..."
"I'm already married, remember? You were at my wedding...?"
"And a fine wedding it was," Annekke said, remembering Jess staggering into the Temple of Mara drunk. "But I doubt that would stand in Ulfric's way any more than it has stood in yours."
"I don't want to marry Ulfric."
"Then accept a different role, as your ancestor did," Annekke said, referring to Delia Dalomax, the Champion of Cyrodiil, who Jess believes she is descended from.
"She eventually disappeared without a trace," Jess replied.
"You know that it's best for Skyrim if you step aside now. Don't torment yourself thinking it's unfair."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:42 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

- in the end, Malandor let Cicero live and left him to the Sanctuary. He is the Keeper after all, and Malandor believes Mother
- After brief stop in Heljarchen Hall, Malandor went to Whiterun to sell loot.
- Then he and Shadowmere headed towards Mzinchaleft, killing some bandits along the way.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:55 am 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: All of 'Em
Platform: PS4, PC
Other Profiles: PSN: Unionhack, Steam: Unionhack
UESPoints: 13
Today while playing Arathir, I discovered Angi and her archery challenges. 3 years after this game releases and I'm still finding new things all the time.

Also I tried out some quest mods, thus going off to explore some islands in the Sea of Ghosts.

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:30 am 
Guardian
Guardian

Let's see, past couple days in Skyrim.

Ekapi joined the Radiant Dark, a cabal of mages intent on doing whatever it takes to uncover powerful magics. Honestly, the fact that four apprentices and a senior mage can leave with the arch-mage and only the arch-mage returns no questions asked actually seems rather fitting for the College of Winterhold.

After that she spent a bit of time discreetly trying to put a new figure in the running for High King of Skyrim. Not working out exactly as she expected Ekapi has now decided to formally back the Empire in the civil war for political gains. First time ever backing the Empire. Can't say I've ever been a strong supporter of Stormcloaks but I have to admit I'm already starting to miss them. First quest for the Stormcloaks is killing an ice wraith while the Empire has you clear an entire fort. That and Tullius' smug attitude is enough to make me tempted to defect on the Jagged Crown quest.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:58 am 
Master
Master

ES Games: IV: GOTY, V: DG, HF, DB
Platform: PC (IV, V) & PS3 (V)
Over the past couple of days I've started two characters (I wanted to go with one so that I can actually stick to it this time, but I couldn't resist an idea I had so I went with it anyway. Hopefully I'll stick to these two!): Jacien Rane, a Breton wanderer, pilgrim and aspiring bard, and Ethasi Hlavel, a Dunmer assassin and acolyte of Mephala. I'll be formatting these little entries in the same way some of you are, and don't be surprised if a little bit of roleplaying is detailed in them.

Jocien Rane, Breton wanderer, pilgrim, and aspiring bard:
- finally arrived in southern Skyrim from his homeland of Cyrodiil
- made it to Falkreath, a quaint but dreary Nord town with the biggest graveyard Jocien's ever seen.
- ate a nice meal at an inn and met a pretty Imperial lass looking for an amulet. Jocien's amiable nature could not resist her request.
- pretty Imperial lass turned out to be clever Imperial rogue, and when he was bent over looking for her locket behind Dead Man's Drink, she kicked him in the back of the head and stole his coinpurse.
- when he was recovered he naturally went after her, only to find her cornered by Falkreath city guards outside of town. Tricking the guards into releasing her, Jocien recovered his coinpurse from a stunned rogue. Introductions were made and he and Arissa decided to put aside their differences. Arissa, a wanderer by nature, agreed to accompany Jocien (claiming that she owed him and her skills would prove valuable to any adventurer; plus, she knew Skyrim well), at least for the time being.
- No longer traveling with the merchant caravan that helped him through Cyrodiil and into Skyrim, Jocien decided to invest in armor and weapons (which he was not trained in). Arissa had the smith fit him in some standard leather armor and he bought a bow, arrows and a dagger. He trained outside of Falkreath for a bit with Arissa, and the two plan on traveling at daybreak.

Ethasi Hlavel, assassin and faithful of Mephala:
- arrived from her homeland Morrowind in Windhelm.
- met Suvaris Atheron, who was being harassed by two drunken Nord fools.
- Promised a Revyn Sadri she would return his ring stealthily to Viola Giordano -- that is something she was well equipped for, after all. Being the servant of Mephala though she is, she couldn't help but unravel a thread in this web. Putting aside her loyalty to her Dunmer brethren for her penchant for creating disharmony, she whispered to Giordano that Sadri had sold her this ring. She hadn't accounted for everything, however, as Sadri knew exactly who it was that gave him away. . . she'd have to use more finesse next time, but Giordano promised to enact revenge. The Gray Quarter is looking at higher taxes, or so she claims. Ethasi isn't sure just how far her influence went with the Jarl.
- She visited a certain boy and posed as a Dark Brotherhood assassin, and was assigned a task.
- Murdered the men who troubled Suvaris that night. One was stumbling drunk outside the inn and the other spewing hate in the Gray Quarter. While she wasn't caught, she knew a Dunmer would be blamed for the Nord veteran's death (after all, a cut throat in a Gray Quarter alleyway is quite some evidence). At least it wouldn't be her.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:41 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

Ekapi delivered the Jagged Crown to Tullius. She decided to wear the crown on the trip back right up to when she placed it in his hands. I suppose the sign of disrespect was more personal than anything, it becomes slightly less satisfying when you have to imagine a NPC's outrage because he's not scripted to notice.

Vexed I decided to put Ekapi back on the shelf and return to Sedris. Started out by putting down a rogue martial artist who went on a killing spree to master her art. Honestly I'm not even sure why the option to side with S'vashni is given. Siding against her seems to be the more virtuous choice and characters unbothered by virtue would probably jump at the chance to put her down for all the needless insults she decides to throw your way.

I then helped Amalee out with her musical aspirations and after that I decided to marry her on a whim. She's adorable and only seems to become more so after you wed. From her enthusiastic awkwardness when talking about the wedding night to how she reacts when discussing the Thieves' Guild, which Sedris is guildmaster of. But ever since Alea recruited Sedris to the Companions she has been all about giving back Skyrim, which she will likely try to do next by getting involved in the civil war. As a Morrowind separatist she won't side with the Empire which means backing Ulfric despite despising the man.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:59 pm 
Undecided
Undecided

ES Games: Oblivion (SI); Skyrim (DB)
Platform: Steam, XBox
Other Profiles: DarkSpark135
UESPoints: 5
Casandra happened upon the excavation at Angarvunde and decided to help out the noticeably avaricious Dark Elf lady in opening the gates.

As Cassie was sneaking around, killing Draugr, one thing came to mind: "It will be in Medresi's best interests not to double-cross me once I have this ruin unlocked. After all, she'd be facing someobody who'd just torn through two lines of walking undead right after she'd made that person very angry."

Casandra opens both gates. The greed in Medresi's voice is evident. "Hurry! There's no time to lose!"

Cassie freezes in her tracks, a perplexed look on her face. " 'No time to lose?' There's nobody else here! It's not a race or anything. Shouldn't we exercise just a little caut--"

*grinding noise, a cry of pain, more grinding noises, and then silence*

"Oh." Casandra says, staring at the stairwell risen from the floor and then at the ceiling spikes above. "That is not going to come out in the wash tomorrow..."

Casandra: At the moment, the deadliest weapon at my disposal is a goblin's head on a stick. I'd be worried if this was the plan.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:07 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

Which reminds me both my characters killed Cassandra Serin in past few days. Dark Spark is a damn dangerous bow. Also I visited Bards' College for the first time ever when playing Skyrim. Not sure why I was surprised by the lute wielding manic in pink robes. I knew I had the mod active and where else would he be.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:19 pm 
Undecided
Undecided

ES Games: Oblivion (SI); Skyrim (DB)
Platform: Steam, XBox
Other Profiles: DarkSpark135
UESPoints: 5
I broke a very long hiatus from Skyrim by restarting my flagship character this weekend. As such, my Casandra has yet to craft her new Dark Spark. She's acquired an Orcish bow, though, so her trusty ol' ranger bow named 'Whisper' is due to appear. Casandra named that bow in reference to the city of the undead in the game Spellforce, and the frost damage it inflicts is supposed to be that of a ghost's touch on the victim.

This time around, Cassie will have to craft a pair of daggers for her assassin work. And I will resort to having them named 'Dawnfang' and 'Duskfang' for no other reason than the fact that, rather than her usual methods of shooting things, when she's in a back-stabby melee kind of a mood I say her 'fangs' are out.

Casandra: At the moment, the deadliest weapon at my disposal is a goblin's head on a stick. I'd be worried if this was the plan.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99 ... 126  Next