UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sun Oct 13, 2024 6:21 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94 ... 126  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 'What You Did in Skyrim Today' Thread
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 3:28 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games: Skyrim, Oblivion
Platform: Xbox 360
UESPoints: 0
Decided to continue with my Argonian Vampire, Andren Dra-Mur:

He leveled Alteration and Enchanting to 100, then forged a set of Glass Armor and Bow, and buffed with suitable enchantments. Afterwards, he decided to return to Urag at the College with the book he wanted. Picked up the spell tomes for Ebonyflesh and Paralyzeaster level spell quest from Tolfdir whilst he was there, though he'd apparently already picked up the dagger.

As he didn't feel he wanted to assist Delphine yet, he decided to head back to Solstheim to track down Miraak. No sooner had he left Raven Rock was he forced to assist Captain Veloth with the Ash Spawn attacks and cleared out Fort Frostmoth. Afterwards, he dished out some Sujamma for Sadri (drinking a lot for himself) and headed to the mine to pick up some ebony. After retrieving an Ancient Nord Pickaxe for Glover, he headed into the mine, picked up the Bloodskal Blade and defeated the Dragon Priest Zahkriisos. Afterwards, he discovered a strange book...

Upon reading the book ("The Winds of Change"), Andren was sent into a strange world filled with books and knowledge. A giant floating eyeball with tentacles appeared, calling itself Hermaeus Mora, the Daedric Prince of Fate and Knowledge. Upon further exploration, Andren discovered a larger copy of the book which granted him the ability to avoid harming any companions. Not really useful for the infamous lone lizard, but neither really seemed to attract him. The book sent him back to Solsthiem and he finally decided to head out to the Temple of Miraak, stopping off to speak with Glover and pick up some more arrows.

At the top of the Temple, he discovered countless dragon corpses and several brainwashed locals working on rebuilding the temple. He met with a Nord girl, calling herself Frea and claiming she was one of the Skaal. They decided to head into the Temple together to hopefully discover who or what Miraak is...

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:54 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC
One Hundred Seconds of Solitude

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 2:19 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

UESPoints: 1
Gbaji, that was a quick turn of events! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 2:38 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Oblivion, Morrowind, skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
I decided that I would continue to do some training with the college of winterhold.

I went under Saarthal and found the orb. After defeating Jyrik, I was able to get the Ice Form from the word wall down there. Then I went back to the college to tell of this news.

I was then sent to find 3 books that were stolen. This took me to Fellglow Keep and I was able to find the books and bring them back to the college. I then decided to sleep in my chamber there and rest before doing anything else.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 7:43 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim, Online
My Bosmer thief, Maradel, spent a couple of days on the road.

She's supposed to do work for the Thieves Guild in Solitude, so she left Riften on her horse and rode north. Sylgja had asked her to deliver some letters to her parents at Darkwater Crossing, and Maradel took a detour there, then rode on to Ivarstead and rented a room at the inn there.

The next day she took a shortcut through the wilderness towards Whiterun, where she spent the night at Jorrvaskr.

On the way to Solitude she took a detour to retrieve Amren's sword from Redoran's Retreat. Then she tried to find a shortcut through the wilderness to Rorikstead. She got lost and rode rather far into the Reach before noticing her error. It was already getting dark when she finally found the road again. She promptly rode into a bandit ambush on the road and had to take them down before making it safe and sound to Frostfruit Inn at Rorikstead.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 5:05 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Platform: Xbox 360, PS3
Do'radza, Khajit thief and his faithful Meeko
- Finished killing bandits in Pinewatch
- Returned stolen property (what a strange thing to do for a thief) and fenced loot.
- Returned to Riften, delivered some raw materials for Madesi.

Aloyse Navarro, Imperial death-knight/dark paladin

Starting from Lakeview Manor
- Went to Whiterun, returned wedding ring to Ysolda, found out where to go next and sold Sleeping tree Sap to her.
- Switched his birthstone to Ritual Stone.
- Took a rounabout route to Morvuskar...killed lot of things (including wispmother...at level 15) and lot of things tried to kill him.
- Helped Gilfre, bought lumber and slept a night in Mixwater Mill.
- Reached Morvuskar...had some trouble when 6 or 7 mages crowded him. Gave them taste of their own medicine
- Enter Morvuskar leading his very own army of undead warlocks. Killed more of them.
- Entered Misty Grove, got his reward and Sanguine had his fun. Found himself back in Whiterun.
- told Saadia there's men looking for her.
- Sold loot.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:01 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Today I fooled around with followers to test out Amazing Follower Tweaks (had to uninstall UFO due to its annoying housecarl bug). First I killed a frost dragon with Brelyna. Even though I have a dragon-boosting mod installed, Brelyna could beat the beast quite badly.

However, I ditched her in Nightgate Inn to take an Interesting NPCs character into tow, as she had an interesting-looking quest. It indeed was interesting and very amusing. Not going to spoil it, but let's say the Gourmet isn't the only Michelin-star cook in Skyrim. As one stage of the quest led to Markarth, I also had to do the Forsworn Conspiracy quest. Killed Madanach as I usually do and continued with my adventuring.

I dismissed my newest follower in Whiterun, mainly because I couldn't craft a decent-looking armour for her (too low skill yet). Then I hired Jenassa and went completing a few quests in the Reach with her. We had a rather hairy dragon fight in the front yard of Old Hroldan, after which we cleared a Forsworn camp. I have to say Jenassa is my firm favourite of all followers now. She complements my sneak archer perfectly, as she's good at sneaking and if we get detected, deadly with both the bow and dual-wielded weapons.

After the Reach adventure I took her along to a Companions radiant quest. We managed to get inside Kagrenzel (sp?) from the "wrong end" via Stony Creek Cave. It was actually harder in a way to go against the intended direction of the dungeon, since Falmer dropped from their nests behind us, not in front as usual. Because of that, we had a few nasty surprises both while penetrating the interior of the ruin and when returning.

Also, I finally made up my mind to uninstall Ethereal Elven Overhaul. I just couldn't stand the Botox lips the mod gave to most of the female Elves. A pity, since the mod's facial structure was otherwise excellent. On the other hand, I learned to appreciate Inhabitants of Skyrim NPC overhaul. That one is nearly perfect: It somewhat softens the Neanderthal look many men have, smoothes wrinkles and removes some dirt from faces. Yet, it's rather subtle, not anywhere near, say Coverwomen. Too bad the few bloopers that mod make include Elrindir, who's one of my favourite characters. Seriously, now the dude looks like an alien from X-files. Still, better than all Elf-women looking like blow-up dolls.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:40 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Morrobloodtribunal, Oblivering Knights, Skydawnfireborn
UESPoints: 2
Nord85 wrote:
However, I ditched her in Nightgate Inn to take an Interesting NPCs character into tow, as she had an interesting-looking quest. It indeed was interesting and very amusing. Not going to spoil it, but let's say the Gourmet isn't the only Michelin-star cook in Skyrim.

I did that one in my last playthrough and loved it. Callen and Gorr are both among my favourite characters/followers from that mod.

Since last week Marilyn (II), Listener to a purged and reborn Dark Brotherhood,
- collected her reward from Armaund Motierre and fulfilled an old man's last wish (going back on her previous assertion that the Dark Brotherhood doesn't do favours), then used the gold to have the place where she hangs her enemies' heads rebuilt and refurbished in a dark and gory splendour that her poor dead friends from Falkreath never dreamed of (using the Dawnstar Sanctuary expansion mod by JDegenerate: ridiculously overpowered in some aspects, but a feast of atmospheric details);
- observed that Nazir has done a great job recruiting new members: apparently the world and his wife were queuing up to join the Family! (referring to the new members added by the aforementioned mod, but I suppose to Mari it's a sign of the Dread Father's blessing)
- found two fragments of Gauldur's amulet at the bottom of her saddlebags while unpacking and remembered she had been meaning to find the third for a long time. According to legend it was buried with Gauldur's eldest son, Jyrik, in Saarthal, but trying to gain access to the ruins she found them locked. Only then did she remember having heard rumours about the Winterhold mages excavating there. Oh well, if she had to infiltrate the college in order to be let into Saarthal, so be it; maybe her buddy Enthir would be able to get her in?
- was distracted on her way to Winterhold by the impressive statue of Azura which she had never seen from up close before; got into a chat with the priestess which was interrupted by a dragon; pursued the dragon to its lair on Mount Anthor and killed it; resumed her chat with the priestess who tried to convince her to become Azura's champion by reciting some cryptic verses about an elven mage, the brightest star and the blackest night - pfft! Those Dunmer are all a bit nuts;
- found out that Thieves Guild contacts won't get you accepted into college when she failed Faralda's little test for the second time; apparently having a little more magicka than last time and being able to use low grade restoration spells doesn't quite cut it. Grnf!
- met the elven mage referred to above, who told her a story about an indestructible soul-gem; now that might be a handy thing to have, if it actually exists!
- discovered Frostflow Lighthouse on her way back to Dawnstar and investigated the gruesome deaths of a Redguard family, which led her to descend into an abyss filled with eyeless abominations and crawling horror (I love that dungeon and its little Lovecraftian story... Rats in the Walls...Btw was that one chaurus in the final chamber that has Habd's remains in its belly always so huge?) and, re-emerging into daylight, fulfill another man's last wish. She hasn't been so charitable in months, if things go on like that she might even adopt an orphan... *shudders*

Jeder sollte einmal reisen in das schöne Vvardenfell!

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 5:30 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Not much to tell...Aloyse Navarro, death knight
- Returned to Lakeview Manor and worked on the house, built kitchen.
- Went to Falkreath for little shopping and borrowed Jarl's enchanting table
- Agreed to find Runil's journal
- Entered Embershard Mine, resurrecting bandits he just killed. (trying to improve his conjuration skill)

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 9:59 am 
The New Number Two
The New Number Two

ES Games: Mw, Ob, Sk
UESPoints: 1
after posting on the pure evil thread last week I got all keen about my evil Khaajiti mage/assassin/imperial lackey and did some mischief (amongst other things I found a room where all the spare ex Jarls and their stewards are being stored, and did some target practice)

I haven't done anything with the main quest so dragons and shouts don't really exist at the moment, but the idea of fus roh'ing someone off the side of the throat of the mountain is becoming an overwhelming temptation, and this character is nothing if not self indulgent

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 5:23 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Aloyse Navarro, a death knight

- Emptied Embershard Mine, found Runil's journal and left the place full of ash piles
- since he was close, went to Riverwood, sold loot and met the person who took Horn of Windcaller. Spent the night there.
- Returned with the Horn to High Hrothgar.
- Went to Falkreath, gave the journal to Runil, stole a letter for Dengeir. Got thaned.
- Went back home, furnished his house until he was out of iron.
- Went to Dawnstar, bought ingots, wandered around, killed horkers and found Amulet of Mara. Taking it as sign, went to Riften and talked with Maramal.
- Proposed Gilfre. Looked for oreveins around Mixwater Mill, found den of smugglers taken over by vampires instead.
- Returned to Riften, but he had to wait for his wedding, so he did some helping (or "helping") of Riften's citizens. Agreed to steal a horse, confronted Haelga of her Dibellan ways, had a fist fight. Hang around in the Thieves guild, getting to know his fellow guild members.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 3:28 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, Morrowind
UESPoints: 7
After nearly two months of not playing Skyrim, I loaded up my assassin and went on a bandit killing spree. No skooma found during the raid, and it was too late for she and Serana to continue searching, since Felina's demanding husband and children awaited hungry for dinner back in Riften.

What kind of bandit den doesn't contain skooma? Treva's Watch sucks!
Spoiler:

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:27 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games: oblivion, skyrim
Platform: xbox 360/one
UESPoints: 14
Bought the plot of land for Heljarchen Hall and now have a small steading with a few furnishings in it. Got Gregor as a steward.

Helped an Orc from Yush-something, whose camp was plagued by giants and he was told by Malacoth to bring the giant leader's hammer back to camp. Unfortunately he was killed at the end, but I brought the hammer back and the problem was resolved.

Retrieved the advanced crossbow schematic from Embershard Mine. The bandits were low level in here, but I did have fun with the bridge that was there, as I like to fus-ro-dah the baddies off them as they walk across.

Met my old buddy Faendal, while he was out hunting, shortly after leaving the mine. Then walked through Riverwood on my way back to Heljarchen Hall to see what supplies I needed to build more furniture. There was a pretty view of Whiterun from the stone bridge, so I stopped to take a photo, at which time a pesky dragon decided to show up. Onmund and I threw some fireballs and lightning at him, and he left, dissapearing into the distance.

After checking at my new build for the materials I needed, I walked into Whiterun. It was past 9pm by then, so the shops were closed, therefore we spent the night in Breezehome, where I had a rummage in my cupboards and found a nice enchanted hide helmet for Onmund to wear.
Had a cheese wedge, some bread and some alto wine, followed by a sit down by the fire.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 6:00 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Aloyse Navarro, a thief-knight
- Spent a night in Thieves guild
- Got married

Danae Neryssa, altmer nightblade and Illia the Witch
- Watched two hagravens fight, killed the winner
- found the shield for Jarl, had to leave loot behind because they're loaded up to their eyeballs.
- Returned to Markath. It was evening.
- Borrowed Calcelmo's enchanting table and did some enchanting.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 6:13 am 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: Arena, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, Redguard
Platform: PC, Xbox 360
I murdered a housecat on the road from Markarth to Whiterun in cold blood for his Elven sword.... and when he died all his friends just sort of blew the whole thing off and walked away.
And then I felt bad, so I reloaded my save file and slept with Gerdur in Riverwood while Hod watched...
It didn't seem weird until I thought about it....

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 5:23 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Danae Neryssa, altmer Nightblade and Illia the Witch

- delivered daedra heart for Moth and sold loot to him.
- explored Understone Keep while waiting for morning
- delivered the Shield for Jarl, got useless piece of orc armour as rewards. Bought Vlindrel Hall and almost all upgrades.
- Visited her new house
- Went back to Lakeview Manor, visited Falkreath to sell rest of the loot. Then just hang around, played with Blaise and emptied inventory.
- Returned to Markath, prepared to go out to kill giant spider for Calcelmo.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 3:47 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, Morrowind
UESPoints: 7
Lieth the Bosmer woke up in Jorrvaskr still woozy from the effects of too much matze, and stumbled nude into Nadja Stone-arm. :| But...she was sacrificed to Boethiah ages ago! Lieth couldn't believe this ghost in-the-flesh standing in front of her. Farkas must have spiked her drink with his brother-in-law mischief again. But even after she sobered up, she realized that her nemesis has been revived from the dead. Lieth isn't a murderer, but something has to be done.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 5:51 am 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY Edition, Skyrim Legendary Edition
Other Profiles: PSN: HardlyKnown-, Steam: jpt197
Finished my Khajiit so I figured I'd make my first Redguard: Mariana, level 43 at the moment, spellsword (Illusion and Conjuration, soon to be Destruction as well). Been doing Thieves Guild quests recently
Spoiler:
just told Mercer about Karliah
and exploring the Reach. Reforged the Gauldur Amulet as well. Stopped after reaching Dimhollow Crypt.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 6:52 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC (Morrowind, Oblivion), X360 (Skyrim)
Delia-Jessamine Maric, Breton stealth-mage, Dovahkiin, and preventer of world-eating:
1. Enjoyed a picnic with her dear dragons Paarthy and Odahviing, but decided that retirement to High Hrothgar can wait.
2. Was attacked by a dragon that was not one of "hers". The skies are more complicated now.
3. Failed the quest "Join the Imperial Legion" by assassinating an ice wraith.
4. Realized she is not on Jarl Skald's "Favorite People" list.
5. Followed a non-aggressive dragon and found some interesting locations.
6. Proved to some Boethiah cultists that she can "wield a lie" - just not in the way they expected. In short, Jess lied to them, then killed them.
7. Told Boethiah to take his complaints to Nocturnal. In short, Jess will not do that quest.
8. Looks good in Stormcloak armor.
9. Helped Galmar and some Stormcloaks retrieve the Jagged Crown, which she modeled for Ulfric. He was not amused.
10. Got a new mission from Ulfric, and it's an important one.
11. Celebrated her success at the Candlehearth, where Luaffyn has been singing a new song.

Long version
Spoiler:
Delia-Jessamine Maric, Breton stealth-mage, Dovahkiin, and preventer of world-eating, decided to go back to the top of the Throat of the World. It was Day 2 A.D. (Alduin Defeated). She had spent the previous day just hanging out at High Hrothgar, so she wanted to see if her dear Paarthy was still there or if he had left her. She hiked to the top and found that, alas, Paarthy had not left her. Odahviing also circled the peak, and Jess was so happy being around "her" dragons that she spent the whole day there.

Speaking to Paarthy again, the symbolism was not lost on her. What symbolism? I don't know, it was lost on me, but not lost on her, and that's what's important. Jess decided then and there that she was not ready to retire from the world below. High Hrothgar can wait until she's old and grey (but hopefully not bearded). Plus, Jess's mother can't come visit Skyrim until the Civil War is over (see backstory in the "Your Skyrim Characters" thread), so Jess needs to use her Dragonborn-ness to end the war and make sure that the right side wins.

Jess decided to go to Windhelm, and left High Hrothgar the next morning. But on the 7000 Steps, she was attacked by a dragon! To think that just yesterday, she was feeling all kumbaya about dragons, and then one attacks her. It is going to be a complicated world for The Dragonborn, with some dragons following the Way of the Voice and others not. She defeated the dragon and spent the night in Ivarstead.

While in Ivearstead, a guard spoke to Jess: "There was a dragon captive in Whiterun, and you... you released it? By the gods, woman, why?"

Jess made it to Riften the next day. In Riften, she traded the hideous Naahkriin mask to Brand-Shei (her usual merchant for rare trinkets) at well below market value, but she just wanted to get rid of the awful thing. Then she prayed to Mara, and spent the night at Honeyside after having dinner with Iona.

Jess continued for Windhelm before dawn. Traveling alone felt different - she hadn't done that in quite some time. Along the way, she stopped in Darkwater Crossing. After verifying that the residents were all safe (a constant worry for Jess), she had breakfast with Annekke by the campfire. I'm not sure what they talked about, as I was out of earshot, but I think Jess told Annekke about her plan to end the war, and I think Anneke said she would be glad to help, when needed.

Jess continued to Windhelm alone and entered the Palace of the Kings. She was wearing her black dress and boots and her Amulet of Talos when she approached Ulfric about joining the Stormcloaks. Ulfric reminded Jess that they had already spoken about that and she needed to see Galmar. So Jess and Galmar sat down at a table in the war room and talked, Stone-Fist to stealth-mage. Galmar wanted Jess to prove her mettle by assassinating... an ice wraith. Where did he get this idea, from Marise Aravel? Obviously, not an assignment written with a Level 81 Defeater-of-Alduin in mind, but we'll just assume it is more a symbolic task than a practical one.

Jess spoke again with Ulfric, who was friendly and respectful. The same cannot be said for the other jarl in the room - Jarl Skald, who is in exile at the Palace after Jess negotiated the trade of The Reach for The Pale. He called Jess an "Imperial" (the nerve!) and his housecarl Jod said he should bash Jess's face in for all she had done. Calm down, fellas, she's not finished yet.

It reminded Jess that The Pale is now in Imperial hands and The Reach is under Stormcloak control. "The sooner the war ends," Jess thought, "the sooner Ulfric can subdue the Forsworn."

Exiting the Palace, a courier ran up to Jess with bad news. Oh no! This happened once before. Who died this time? Hopefully not one of Jess's good friends. It was Torbjorn Shatter-Shield. Whew, that's a relief. I mean... How sad. That family has been through so much already. Jess will pay a visit to Tova and Nilsine soon to offer her condolences. But first, she has to assassinate an ice wraith.

The next day, Jess traveled to Serpentstone Isle. Is there no way to reach this place without swimming in ice-cold water? How about some boats, Bethesda? Anyway, she killed the ice wraith and spent the night in Winterhold, where she hung out with Brelyna at the College.

The next day, Jess had traveled most of the way back to Windhelm but saw a dragon near Yngol Barrow. "How did I end up on this side of the river?" Jess wondered. "Must have zoned out for a while." Actually, it's because I used Yngol Barrow as a fast travel point.

The dragon had to have seen Jess - it flew over her several times - but did not attack. "Must be following the Way of the Voice," Jess thought. The day was young, so Jess ran after the dragon to try to see where it went, and found herself in a part of Eastmarch she had never been in before. She saw what appeared to be an old house, so she investigated. Traitor's Post, according to her magickal map. Then down the road was a tower apparently used for shelter by Dunmer refugees, but it was infested with trolls. After killing the trolls, she noticed a structure on the hillside. Could that be...?

Jess decided to investigate the structure. Yes, it be. Boethiah's Sacellum. Though still early, it got very dark as Jess walked up the trail. What the...? And the music changed to the "danger music." Yes, the music. Jess hears it, too. She attributes the music to Dibella, Goddess of Beauty, who guides and protects her. The music is Dibella's way of communicating to Jess.

Jess had read about Boethiah and his/her(?) cult in a book. And she didn't like it that they were in Skyrim. She didn't like it at all.

Jess Muffled herself and sneak-climbed above the shrine area, using Detect Life to track the movements of the cultists below. She sneaked to the statue area and was not surprised by what she found there. But rather than attack the cultists, Jess, emboldened by her recent experiences, decided to approach the Boethiah cultists directly. She walked down the steps to speak to the priestess.

The Boethiah priestess told Jess what she needed to do: Prove that her "tongue could wield a lie" and sacrifice someone at their Boethiah pole.

Jess said she would do it. She would prove that her tongue could wield a lie.

Jess walked away, but when she got out of sight of the cultists, she Muffled herself again (dual-cast, for extra-long Muffling) and sneaked back. She silently took out the priestess and another cultist with her dagger (and a Pacify spell) but somehow the other cultists were alerted, anyway. So Jess dual-cast Frenzy on the lot of them. When the last cultist standing came at Jess, she did something she had only done once before that I can recall - she cast a Fear spell (see *Note at the end). The already wounded cultist ran away terrified. When the spell wore off, the cultist came at Jess again. Jess shot the cultist with the Gauldur Blackbow.

Boethiah then possessed the body of the cultist and spoke to Jess, expressing his/her displeasure. "Take your complaints to Nocturnal," Jess said. "I have no more time for you."

Jess was unimpressed with the so-called Prince of Plots and his/her moronic, murderous cultists. And in a rare moment, Jess felt proud again to be a Nightingale of Nocturnal.

Jess returned to Windhelm. It was now after dark, so she spent the night at the Candlehearth Inn, where she heard Luaffyn sing a new song about the end of Alduin.

The next day, Jess reported back to Galmar, who had a new task for her: help him recover the Jagged Crown from the ruin Korvanjund. He also gave her some Stormcloak attire. Jess left again and spent the night at the Nightgate Inn. While there, she modeled her new armor for Hadring (not the hide helmet, though, as she doesn't wear helmets). Not bad. I think it looks pretty good on her. I'm glad she went Stormcloak, if for no other reason than the cuirass looks better than the Imperial one.

The next morning, she met Galmar and a few other Stormcloaks at the ruin. They fought their way through Imperials and draugr. As a stealthy-mage who is used to controlling the tempo of her adventures, Jess was uncomfortable with the aggressive run-and-gun fighting style of Galmar and his soldiers, especially since her only melee weapon is a dagger and she does not carry a shield. Jess used her bow against the Imperials, but against the draugr, she brought out the big dogs - Dremora Lords, Dragon Shouts, and her rarely-used Paralyze spell (one of my rules is to pretend Paralyze is super-duper-ultra expensive to cast, so it can only be cast on rare occassions). Jess learned a new word of Thu'um, and they got the Jagged Crown back without losing any soldiers (though I had to reload a couple of times to achieve that).

Wasting no time, Jess returned to the Palace of the Kings that very night. To surprise Ulfric, Jess approached him, put the Jagged Crown on her own head, and modeled it for him. Ulfric was not amused - in fact, he was a little grumpy - but it was late, so whatever. He simply took the crown from Jess and gave her a new task. Deliver his axe to Jarl Balgruuf.

"This axe?" Jess asked. "It looks like any other axe. Should I say anything to him?"
"He'll know what it means," Ulfric said.
"Understood."

Jess went back to the Candlehearth, where she celebrated her success with some late-night wine and music.

---

*Note about her use of the Fear spell: I think the only other time Jess has used a Fear spell was against a Dwarven Centurion in Blackreach, and that was for "Fun With the Master of the Mind Perk". She's normally not cruel so she doesn't use Fear against the living, but something about those Boethiah dregs brought it out in her.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 11:30 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Danae Neryssa, altmer Nightblade and Illya the Witch:

- explored Nchuand-Zel, killed giant spider and followed the footsteps of Lost expedition.
- after activating dwemer defences, Danae returned to report Calcelmo.
- then she had to go back into ruins and fetch Illia, who was accidentally left waiting....

This took whole 2 and 1/2 hours play session.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 10:56 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC (Morrowind, Oblivion), X360 (Skyrim)
Delia-Jessamine Maric, Breton stealth-mage tasked by Ulfric with delivering a Message to Whiterun:
1. Offered condolences to Tova and Nilsine Shatter-Shield about Torbjorn's death.
2. Was more interested in chasing a non-aggressive dragon than freeing a Stormcloak from Imperial soldiers.
3. Picked up Annekke Crag-Jumper as her war-time advisor and traveling companion.
4. Could not get the arachnophobic and reclusive Sylgja to come outside to see her mother.
5. Did some crafting for Annekke.
6. Chose not to free a Stormcloak from Imperial soldiers outside Whiterun, on Annekke's advice.
7. Saw Aela for the first time since saving the world from being eaten.
8. Had a disastrous meeting with Balgruuf.
9. Does not remember getting chomped to death by an Ancient Dragon.
10. Delivered the bad news to Ulfric.

Long version
Spoiler:
The next morning, Delia-Jessamine Maric, Breton stealth-mage, offered her condolences to the remaining Shatter-Shields, Tova and Nilsine, about the loss of Torbjorn. Both were still mourning Friga's death. Now this. There was nothing Jess could say to help.

Jess resumed the more pressing matter of delivering a "Message to Whiterun."

Jess left Windhelm for Darkwater Crossing to enlist Annekke as her advisor and companion. Due to Aela’s insistence on remaining neutral, Jess needs a new partner for a while. Annekke is well-suited for the role because Jess views Annekke as a mentor and because of Annekke's existing Stormcloak ties (my interpretation, only; there are no definitive connections in the game that I'm aware of).

Near Morvunskar, Jess came upon some Imperial soldiers leading a prisoner. Jess was wearing her furs, not her Stormcloak cuirass. Though she has freed prisoners from Thalmor many times, Jess has never intervened to free prisoners of Imperials. She hesitated. At that moment a dragon flew over, distracting everyone. The dragon circled several times before flying away. Jess's infatuation with dragons trumped all other considerations, and she tried to follow it. It flew over Kynesgrove and disappeared into the Velothi mountains. Jess forgot about the Imperials and their prisoner.

At Darkwater, Jess bathed in the hot springs, then waited on the porch of the Crag/Rock-Jumper/Chucker residence until the miners got off work. She hung out by the fire with them, sharing an apple pie and Alto Wine. Annekke had already agreed to help Jess and said she could leave in the morning.

They left a little after dawn, stopping in Shor's Stone so that Annekke could visit her reclusive daughter, Sylgja, who locked herself in her house a long time ago due to a debilitating fear of spiders. Sylgja wouldn't even come out to see her loving mother, the poor girl.

At Riften, Jess did some crafting for Annekke. Jess’s crafting skills have improved since the last time she provided for Annekke, so it was time for some new gear. Jess's crafting for Annekke included:

A circlet fortifying Archery, of silver and sapphire to signify Stormcloak affiliation.
A ring and necklace, double-enchanted with Health and Magic Resistance, with emerald to signify Annekke's love of the outdoors.
Improvements to Annekke's leather armor, bracers, boots, and hide shield.
Improvements to Annekke's hunting bow and steel sword.

She did all of that in an afternoon. Efficient. Oh, and while in the market, the guards killed a thief in broad daylight.

They left for Whiterun the next morning, Jess still in furs rather than Stormcloak attire. They made it to Riverwood in the late afternoon. Jess decided they should stay the night at the Sleeping Giant. Jess requested that Sven sing "Tale of the Tongues", and found that the song is not about what she assumed. It was actually the same song she had already heard Luaffyn sing about the defeat of Alduin. The song put her in a somber mood.

On the road to Whiterun the next morning, they saw a group of Imperial soldiers leading a prisoner. Jess looked to Annekke, who shook her head: "You have to give Balgruuf a chance. We can't fight Imperials in his hold right now." They passed by the group. That’s why Annekke’s the advisor.

Before going to Dragonsreach, Jess had personal business at Jorrvaskr. She spoke briefly to her husband, Torvar, on the back porch. He was drinking as usual, and wistfully told Jess that he loves her. Jess didn't want to deal with that right now, though. She found Aela inside.

"Blood running hot?" Aela asked. Jess didn't know what Aela’s cryptic question meant, as it could refer to any number of things. Jess thought of their last night together, the night before the defeat of Alduin. Jess regretted not coming to see Aela right away. And now she brings Annekke... though her relationship with Annekke is more like mother and daughter.

Jess introduced them.
"We've met," Aela said.
"Oh, I forgot. My mind isn't so great sometimes. I'm sure I'm going to be like Wylandriah soon."
"Who?"
"Court mage in Riften. I guess you don't know her."

Aela was not cheerful. Then again, when is she? They spoke away from the other Companions, with Annekke present. Jess was uncomfortable hiding the reason she came to Whiterun, so she told Aela.

"Before you go back to Windhelm, would you tell me how the meeting with Balgruuf goes?"
"Of course."

Jess and Annekke started for Dragonsreach. Jess was nervous, just like the last time she walked to Dragonsreach.

The meeting with Balgruuf was a disaster.

Jess and Annekke went back to Jorrvaskr and found Aela out back. Aela looked up expectantly as Jess approached. Jess stopped and shook her head. They took a long look at each other before Jess turned and walked away.

On the road outside Whiterun, Jess saw the outline of High Hrothgar, and her spirits lifted a bit. She pointed it out to Annekke.
"Yes, we went there once, remember?" Annekke responded.
"When the war's over, we can go to the top and you can meet my dragons."
"Your dragons?"
"Well... one of them says he's loyal to me. I don't know about the other one."

They traveled through the night to Riften (Jess doesn’t remember being killed by an Ancient Dragon along the way), slept a few hours, and continued to Windhelm.

It was night when they arrived at the Palace of the Kings. Ulfric looked up from the war map, and noticed Annekke.
“Annekke Crag-Jumper, I’m a corundum supplier from Darkwater Crossing.”
“Ah yes. If you have business, see Jorleif in the morning,” Ulfric said.
“I’m here with the Dragonborn.”
“And what news does she bring?” Ulfric asked, looking to Jess.
Jess delivered the news to Ulfric. After over two years of skirmishing between the Imperials and the Stormcloaks, the decisive phase of the war was about to begin.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 5:28 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Nelya, a bosmer huntress, Companion and werewolf:

- Travelled to Kynesgrove via Windhelm (and wished she were wearing her fur armour, she was hit with blizzard).
- Saw Alduin again and killed a dragon with Delphine.
- Spent some time in Kynesgrove, helping it's people. She talked to Roggi on behalf of Iddra, agreed to find Roggi's anchestral Shield and gave dunmer mage-woman (who's name I can't spell) frost salt and got alteration lessons. Rented a room for the night.
- Next morning she headed south from Kynesgrove. Found orch stronghold, traded with them. Found Cragwallow Slope. Once she was inside, went wolf and had a bloody rampage among the conjureres. That was fun untill she turned back to human middle of fight against the boss conjurer. She explored the place, found Roggi's shield and some more conjurers she had missed as werewolf.
- On return trip to Kynesgrove, saw a dragon in distance, met some hunters and giants. Gave the shield to Roggi and decided to take him with her for a while.
- The found Riverside Shack, killed a cavebear and spent a night there.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 5:23 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games: oblivion, skyrim
Platform: xbox 360/one
UESPoints: 14
Spoilers for main questline
Hidden:
Added the main hall to Heljarchen Hall and a few shelves. Added some more furnishings to the smaller room at the entrance. Got a carriage driver there but then regretted it as he is too close to the house, but im stuck with him now.

Went to a Barrow to retrieve a fragment of Wuuthrad for Aela. The area was very small surprisingly, with only a few silverhands.

Decided to go into Kilreith ruins to get Dawnbreaker for Meridia. Unfortunately I encountered a bug where, upon picking up dawnbreaker, you get transported into the sky but Meridia does not speak to you and I ended up just stranded in the sky. Reloading from earlier did not help so, alas, dawnbreaker shall not be mine.

After ages of leaving it, I finally decided to read the elder scroll at the time wound and face Alduin. After 'defeating' him, the pesky dragon flew away and I realised that this was not the end as I had expected.

I did enjoy the next part however, which involved calling Odahviing the dragon and trapping him in Dragonsreach. The Odahviing shout sounded a bit silly but it did the job and using the dragonrend shout made him land on the balcony. I managed to forget that I was supposed to be trapping, and not killing him, and I was attacking him for ages, thinking 'why wont he die? ' before I remembered the actual plan.

I spoke to him and he gave me a ride to Skuldafn, high in the Jerrals, which was a massive Nordic ruin that had a portal to Sovngarde, where Alduin was gaining strength.
After encountering two dragons and about 7 draugr deathlords before even entering the ruins, and several more at the first tower, I really couldnt be bothered traipsing the giant area. Annoyingly, once you are at Skuldafn, you cannot leave, and calling for Odahviing did nothing, therefore I reloaded and will save that quest for some other time.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 10:48 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Morrobloodtribunal, Oblivering Knights, Skydawnfireborn
UESPoints: 2
Marilyn (II), crossing the Rift on a road less travelled en route to the capital of Thievery in Skyrim, discovered Boulder Fall Cave and, exploring it, met an Argonian vampire hunter named Among-the-Hist (3DNPC) who, after an extensive philosophical discussion, expressed a desire to accompany her on her travels. Vampires being a recurring theme in her life, she thought it couldn't hurt to have an expert on the subject with her and assented, although she's not remotely sure what to make of the guy. So far he's been rather bothersome, losing his horse at the earliest opportunity - not quite as bad as Zora Fair-Child, that notorious breaker of equine shin-bones, but coming close.

Also, because Skyrim (and Requiem) is the most fun for the first dozen or so levels when you're still in danger of being killed by every mudcrab (and because I haven't been a lizard for a while), I've started a new character, Dies-Many-Deaths, an Argonian mage specializing in conjuration, alteration and restoration and switching to battlestaff at close quarters; kind of a close-to-nature guy, a druid or, idk, arcane ranger? Something of the like. So far he's made it from Falkreath (alternate start with Skyrim Unbound) to Riverwood and is acquitting himself pretty well.

Jeder sollte einmal reisen in das schöne Vvardenfell!

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 5:27 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Nelya, a bosmer huntress and werewolf
- Took Roggi Knot-Beard to Riften and they agreed to marry
- The wedding day was set and while waiting for it, she took Roggi to Chystaldrift Cave to pray Kynareth. Nelya left her own offering there (dropped an amethyst to the ground near the shrine).
- Back to the town, for some smithing, enchanting and trading.
- Slept a night in Honeywell
- Got married. Roggi went to join the kids in Whiterun.
- Now that she has proper family, Nelya started serious constructions around Lakeview Manor, enlarging her small house to family mansion.
- She soon run out of lumber and while waiting Half-Moon Mill to open, she turned wolf and run around the forests of Falkreanth, killing the spriggans in Evergreen Grove.
- Bought lumber and went to back to the house building.

Malandor, bosmer assassin and Listener of Dark Brotherhood
- Travelled to Dawnstar.
- Battled and killed Frost Dragon attacking the town. The smith and his wife were killed by the dragon (Note to self: I should stop fasttravelling to Dawnstar or the town won't have any people left)
- Encountered funny glitch, Brina and Horik were swimming...in the air.
- took the bones and scales from the dragon to Heljarchen Hall
- Killed a shipwreck looter in his sleep. Now, that has to be one of easiest DB kills ever.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94 ... 126  Next