UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sun Oct 13, 2024 4:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92 ... 126  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 'What You Did in Skyrim Today' Thread
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:24 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PS3 PS4
Other Profiles: BuzBee3(PSN)
UESPoints: 0
**Thanks for the info. Finn. If I EVER restart the Assassins guild, I guess I will get the full wedding treatment.
Anyway,
I have spring fever, but still find a little time to play.
I have been doing small stints of time with most of my characters.
Frank Fierce-Bear has built most of the Lakeview Manor.
Frank and Reyya went to the Rift and did a quest for Mara in Iverstead
Rturning home, Frank ran into a Dragon and Vampires. Very busy killing spree around Lakeview.
He has returned to fighting the Vampires and just went to Volkihar with Serana, we need to find the entrance for Soul Cairn, but I keep getting lost.(no quest marker) have been there before, but did not do much. Serana is no help with how to get there.

I have a new char. looks like Farkas. He is Farkas II, he is now level 5.
Had to go to the Face Changer already. He now has 32 gold in his purse. Plastic surgeons are pricey.
Sven has been watching Farkas' back and only got killed by friendly fire twice?
I put him on idle, until I finish Dawnguard with Frank.

Ursula is on Vacation at LakeView.

Felinia has been busy too. She bought Honeyside and likes the new house carl. (carl-otta)
Felinia sold off so much booty, and really likes to get rid of excess stuff asap. Honeyside is tiny, no room for excess. She said good bye to her little bed in the Theives den. Kinda sad. :cry:
Mostly Felinia has had Marcurio helping her with Thieves Guild business. (Marcurio is getting pretty rich off of her)
The Ragged Flagon has several merchants and appears to be gaining strength all over Skyrim.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:30 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Platform: Xbox 360, PS3
Shani and her merry band continued thru Valthume, killing Draugr Deathlords and collecting Vessels. I'm pretty sure the Riekling shot Shani into the arse once. Got all of them and the word for Aura Whisper-shout. Shani killed Hevronaak using Dawnbreaker and Spellbreaker. He wasn't any harder than your run-of-the-mill Deathlord.
Left Valthume, sold loot (problem is..with all these ebony weapons, merchants run out of gold after selling them one ebony battle-axe. She doesn't even bother to improve them before selling). Fast travelled to that giant camp near Heljachen hall, got killed by mammoth(tried to improve destruction skills by killing mammoth with fireballs and Icespikes, got flattened instead)...reload...returned to Heljachen Hall and built Library tower.

Note to self: find easier targets than giant camps for destruction magic training.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:01 pm 
The New Number Two
The New Number Two

ES Games: Mw, Ob, Sk
UESPoints: 1
i gave the Ebony Warrior an honourable death

we traded blow for blow and a perk saved my life (avoid death, from the restoration tree) because even with dragon aspect and the alteration protection i have at my disposal he was still pwning me..

i am relieved i made it as i had decided to go "dead is dead" with this encounter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:24 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC (Morrowind, Oblivion), X360 (Skyrim)
Delia-Jessamine Maric, Breton stealth-mage, with Aela the Huntress, Nord huntress:
1. Had some crazy dragon fights. Got assists from wolves, bandits, mammoths, hunters, a giant, and a sabre cat.
2. Is glad to see Ri'saad back with his caravan after going missing for a while. Maybe he was stuck in a tree.
3. Got Balgruuf to agree to her "mad dragon-trapping scheme" (I love that line), but he wants a ceasefire first.
4. Met Ulfric and was impressed by his speech. Got Ulfric to agree to peace talks because of the Alduin threat.
5. Delivered a note for Aeri.
6. Saw Ahkari and her Khajiit caravaneers kill three Imperial soldiers that were attacking a Dawnstar guard.
7. Bought an Amulet of Talos from some kindly Altmer clothing merchants.
8. Met Tullius and was not impressed with his condescension. Got Tullius to agree to peace talks because Ulfric had already agreed.

Also, I noticed that Jess now has 2 murders on her rapsheet. The first was an accident that happened during "a rescue the Talos worshiper from the Thalmor" attempt gone bad. I wonder if the second was when she killed Gissur in front of the Ragged Flagon crew recently. She didn't get a bounty and nobody was offended when she killed him, though. I hadn't checked her stats in ages, so who knows.

Long version
Spoiler:
Delia-Jessamine Maric, Breton stealth-mage, and Aela the Huntress, Nord huntress, left High Hrothgar for Whiterun to ask Jarl Balgruuf if he would mind them trapping a dragon inside his wooden house. Along the way, they got into a crazy fight west of Helgen involving a Frost Dragon, 3 wolves, and 4 bandits (1 from Embershard Mine, and 3 from the nearby camp). The wolves fought and died on Jess's side, thanks to Voice of the Sky. One of the bandits gave up a Treasure Map. Jess has a few of these maps now, and has never tried to follow any of them. Maybe when she retires, she can take it up as a hobby.

Outside Whiterun, Jess was glad to see Ri'saad back with his caravan. He had been missing for a while, possibly stuck in a tree. They spent the night at Breezehome with Balgruuf's spy Lydia. Jess is avoiding her husband Torvar at Jorrvaskr for reasons unknown.

The next morning, they went to see Balgruuf, who eventually agreed to Jess's "mad dragon-trapping scheme" (I love that line), but only if Ulfric and Tullius agree to a cease-fire first.

"Back to High Hrothgar?" Aela asked.
"Yep," replied Jess.

They traveled to Ivarstead, spent the night, and met with Arngeir in the morning. Arngeir was reluctant to get involved in politics, but agreed to host a peace conference. Jess and Aela went to Riften and stayed the night at Honeyside.

The next day, they set off for Windhelm to meet Ulfic. Along the way, they got into two dragon fights in quick succession near the Steamcrag giant camp. They got assists from mammoths, a giant, and two hunters, one of which remarked he'd never seen anything like it in all his years. Sadly, the giant died during one of the fights. They spent the night at the Braidwood Inn in Kynesgrove.

The next morning on the way to Windhelm, Jess and Aela saw another dragon in the distance near Anga's Mill, so they ran there. While Jess fought the dragon (Viinturuth), an Imperial berzerker taking advantage of the situation attacked Aela. After the dragon and berzerker were killed, the Anga's Mill residents emerged. Jess agreed to take a message from Aeri to Jarl Skald since she'll be near Dawnstar on the way to Solitude. Jess and Aela backtracked to Windhelm to see Ulfric.

Hearing Ulfric's speech with Galmar, Jess was impressed. The man was not the loose cannon she assumed he was. He also spoke respectfully of the Greybreards, and Jess convinced him to agree to a peace conference by telling him "Politics be damned" and that the Alduin crisis is more important right now.

Jess and Aela spent the night at the Nightgate Inn. The next morning, they continued for Solitude but detoured to Dawnstar to deliver the note for Aeri. Exiting Skald's longhouse, there was a commotion near the Khajiit camp. A dragon?

No. Instead, three Imperial soldiers were fighting a Dawnstar guard. Jess ran over to heal the guard, but then the Imperials began attacking Aela (who showed her commitment to neutrality by not fighting back). At that point, Ahkari and her caravaneers entered the fray and quickly killed the Imperial soldiers. "So even the Khajiit are getting sick of the Imperials," Jess thought. (Note that these were normal Imperial soldiers, not the imposter-looters that sometimes attack the PC).

They continued to Solitude, arriving that night. The next morning, they went to temple and prayed - Jess to Dibella, Aela to Kynareth, as usual. Then they went to Castle Dour. Jess had never been inside before. Listening to Tullius speak to Legate Rikke, Jess was not impressed with his condescending attitude toward the Nords. As a Cyrodiilic Breton who has become a Nord at heart during her 2+ years in Skyrim, Jess was both embarassed and insulted by Tullius's remarks.

She convinced Tullius to agree to the peace conference by mentioning that Ulfric had already agreed. Tullius and Rikke didn't waste any time departing, though, as they were out the door and on their way before Jess and Aela. I guess Tullius didn't want Ulfric to get there first.

Jess then went to Radiant Raiment and bought an Amulet of Talos from the kindly elven merchants, making Jess wonder if not all the Altmer are on board with the whole banning Talos worship thing, or at least not when coin is involved.

Then they left for the conference. They fought a dragon (Nahagliiv) at Rorikstead and spent the night there. "Erik, where were you? You missed the fight," Jess said to her friend Erik the Slayer. The next day, they fought another dragon near the Western Watchtower, getting an assist from a sabre cat this time (thanks, Voice of the Sky) while the Whiterun guards watched idly. They made it to Ivarstead, listened to Linly play the lute, and slept.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:05 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Morrobloodtribunal, Oblivering Knights, Skydawnfireborn
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 2
Marilyn (II), Guild Master apparent, Listener, bane of saucy housecarls and dog-dissing NPCs in general, got rid of her annoying Riften retainer. It all started with Iona calling Meeko "stupid dog" once too often and Marilyn reprimanding her with a slap (well, technically a punch, as you can't slap people in Skyrim, but it was meant as a slap) and might have ended there, except Meeko took the hit as a prompt to attack Iona, who then drew her axe on him. That, of course, couldn't be tolerated. What was left of the poor girl after Meeko was done with her didn't look pretty anymore, so we unceremoniously stuffed her corpse into her cellar room, locked it and threw away the key. If we ever have visitors who complain of the smell we'll pretend that some of the smoked venison must have gone bad...

The following day Mari & Meeko left Riften again, intending to reach Solitude on the weekend and lie in waiting there for the Penitus Oculatus guy. We got as far as Whiterun on the first day, spent the night there, and Mari did a numbers job for the guild, on the following day we carried on north-westwards via Labyrinthian (where we killed about nine frost trolls) and Fort Snowhawk (where we ran into some hostile necromancers, half of whom Meeko killed by himself; that dog is seriously OP!) and reached Solitude by nightfall. Having learned from her past failures, Mari kept an eye on the clock during the obligatory crafting and trading sessions and stole into Castle Dour as soon as the shops had closed. Fortune (or Sithis) smiled on her that evening, for she found her quarry munching a spartan dinner all by himself with guardsmen sleeping all around him and slit his throat without anybody awakening. Some folks will be in for a serious dressdown from Captain Aldis come morning...

Jeder sollte einmal reisen in das schöne Vvardenfell!

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:21 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hillbreton hell!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:24 pm 
Warder
Warder

^LOL @ Hillbretons
--
I'd been looking forward to the Season Unending quest for a while. It turned out to be one of my favorites of the game.
---

Delia-Jessamine Maric, Breton stealth-mage, and Aela the Huntress, Nord huntress, approached High Hrothgar in the morning light. Vignar Gray-Mane was outside. He reminded Jess that "when the Empire surrendered to the Aldmeri Dominion, they shamed us all." Then he left. Jess wore her black dress and boots, and put on her new Amulet of Talos before entering.

Inside, Delphine was arguing with Arngeir, who told Delphine that Jess had decided not to kill Paarthurnax. Esbern convinced Arngeir to allow the Blades entry. Jess did not object to the Blades' presence, and thought Esbern's knowledge justified his attendance.

They entered the conference room. "And so we meet again," Elenwen said, "but this time I know who and what you really are." Jess wondered how long it had taken the Thalmor to discover the mess in the torture chamber at their Embassy. She asked Aela to take a seat at the table, but Aela preferred to stand. Before negotiations began, Jess had to convince Ulfric to let Elenwen stay.

Ulfric demanded The Reach in exchange for a ceasefire, so Jess helped negotiate a swap of The Reach for The Pale. She would not allow Imperial and Thalmor occupation of Winterhold or her beloved Rift, so The Pale had to be sacrificed. She also nixed an Imperial demand for Stormcloak reparations for an alleged massacre at Karthwasten. Jess was seething when she heard the demand, as she had witnessed an Imperial attack on her friends at Darkwater Crossing and had healed poor Tormir of injuries inflicted by Imperial soldiers. "Don't pay anything," she told Ulfric.

The Imperials agreed to the terms, though some were displeased with Jess. Not Elisif, though, who was still friendly. It should be noted that, despite Jess's relatively recent Stormcloak leanings, she has long favored Elisif to rule Skyrim. And perhaps Elisif wisely thinks that maintaining friendship with the Dragonborn is a good idea.

Afterward, Esbern taught Jess how to call Odahviing. See, he was good for something, but Jess was surprised that he could teach a shout. Delphine said she and Jess had nothing to talk about. Fine, be that way. Finally, Arngeir warned Jess that the truce might not last and that Tullius would seek to regain advantage.

Jess and Aela returned to Ivarstead for the night.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:47 pm 
Champion
Champion

Beware, Dark Brotherhood spoilers ahead (as we now get to the juicy stuff).

Spoiler:
Marilyn (II), Bosmer assassin and dutiful Listener to the Night Mother but presently very confused about the state of her Family,

- returned to the Falkreath Sanctuary to report on the successful throat-slitting of Gaius Maro, only to find that everyone there had apparently gone completely bonkers in her absence. Cicero assaulted Astrid and wounded Veezara? Crazy as he may be, Marilyn thinks she understands him well enough to know that he would never have hurt a Family member without dire provocation - and Astrid, when questioned what drove him so far, wasn't ashamed to state that "The Night Mother's ways... are not our ways." What's worse, none of the others seemed to find that in any way alarming. And now they expect her to go and kill the only person who understands her, who feels about the Sweet Mother and Dread Father like she does? Really?

- has a new mount. Sorry, Leathermane and Dwemare, you're good horses but you just can't compete with a red-eyed demonic stallion in daedric horse armour. And if Shadowmere is truly "one of us", as Astrid said, his willingness to submit to a new rider does mean something, doesn't it?

- had her fortune read by Olava the Feeble and is puzzled by the hints about Deepwood Redoubt, as she's already cleared that place and noticed nothing extraordinary, but maybe a revisitation will reveal more. Olava's prophecy also seems to indicate that the Family may yet be restored as it was meant to be, but before that "there will be blood". A purge maybe, a... purification, as in Cheydinhal of old? Never since she joined the Brotherhood has Mari felt so afraid of the future, but at the same time she's determined to be true to Mom no matter what.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:23 pm 
Warder
Warder

Delia-Jessamine Maric, Breton stealth-mage, with Aela the Huntress, Nord huntress:
1. Encountered non-hostile bandits.
2. Encountered hostile Imperial thug-soldiers alongside regular Imperial soldiers. It's shocking how rapidly the Legion's standards are declining.
3. Trapped a dragon, but the scheme was not as mad as I assumed it would be.
4. Worried that it would be her last night on Nirn.
5. Ruined Aela for any future lovers.

Longish version
Spoiler:
Delia-Jessamine Maric, Breton stealth-mage, and Aela the Huntress, Nord huntress, left Ivarstead in the wee hours to go trap a dragon. Along the way, they met Talsgar, so Jess requested "The Dragonborn Comes" (that’s called “foreshadowing”). Then near the recently established Falkreath Stormcloak camp, they encountered some non-hostile bandits (replacing the hostile bandits and dead Khajiit that used to be there... weird). Five of the seven bandits were sitting by a tree. Jess spoke to one of them. He turned hostile, which was a mistake. "Anybody else? Anybody?" Aela asked. Jess and Aela moved on.

West of Helgen, they saw a group of six Imperial soldiers. But three were thugs, not normal Imperial soldiers, and they demanded tribute from my duo. Apparently, the Legion is lowering its standards. Arngeir had warned that Tullius would seek to regain advantage. Anyway, Jess refused to pay, so the thugs attacked. Realizing that their comrades were out-of-line, the regular Imperials entered the fray on Jess's side. The fight was confusing and Jess was glad her Dremora could tell who was who. She didn't want to break the ceasefire by accidentally killing a regular Imperial soldier.

They arrived in Whiterun and went to Dragonsreach. Balgruuf recounted the history of Dragonsreach, a story Jess thinks is exaggerated, thanks to her Bards College education. Balgruuf and Jess were ready to try the mad dragon-trapping scheme. Oh. I see. They are planning to trap the dragon in the stone rear section, not in the wooden front section. Smart.

Jess called Odahviing etc etc eventually, the dragon was in chains. Unfortunately, one of the Whiterun guards died during the fight. Jess collected his shield to remember him by.

Jess talked to Odahviing etc etc it seemed that Jess was in for a real quest now, a one-way trip if she fails, and would have to go alone. She and Aela went to Breezehome so Jess could make a few extra potions, just in case. But really Jess needed something else.

Balgruuf's spy Lydia wouldn't give them any privacy, so Jess and Aela left, stopping at the Temple of Kynareth to pray, and then went to the Harbinger's room at Jorrvaskr. Worried that she might not return from this quest, Jess put on her Amulet of Dibella and made sure Aela never forgets her. In fact, it's safe to say that Aela is now ruined for future lovers. For her efforts, Dibella and Kynareth blessed Jess with Lover's Comfort seven times.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:55 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

What did I do during weekend:

Shani, dunmer rogue and archmage of College and her bodyguards Teldryn Sero and Rieling:

Cleared out Lost Knife Hideout and her riekling multiplied: in the end of the dungeon crawl, she was followed by _three_ riekling warriors. I though I was seening douple but they were slightly different looking, so I wasn't. She also found daedric greatsword (her first daedric-item loot), spellbook that taught her summon storm attronach and a the book Urag was missing. Used mainly magic to kill the bandits. Then Shani donned on her archmage robes and did some College of Winterhold stuff (returned book to Urag, Aftershock and Tolfdir had misplaced his alembic...again). The college seem to function quite well despite absent Archmage.

Tero Indarys, dunmer Knight:

- Rescued Thorald Grey-Mane and had to do several trips just to get all that loot sold. Put the reward from Falia on display in his home.
- Travelled to Darkwater Crossing and said good-byes to Derkeethus (in preparation for the quests that are comming up). Let him keep the stuff Tero had given him, including very nice glass bow and glass sword. Killed three dragons around Darkwater Crossing, one of them didn't give him a dragonsoul.
- Checked how Esbern and Delphine were doing in Sky Heaven Temple and they wanted him to kill Paarthurnax. He's torn...he was helpful and it seems dishonourable to kill Paarthy just because she wants him to. Besides, her bossing attitude doesn't sit well with Tero.
- Did Season Unending. He is first to get that far in Main Quest. It was interesting.
- After that meeting was over, he needed some time for himself to recover ...went to kill the dragon at Ancient's Ascent.

Do'Radza, Khajit thief and his faitful Meeko:
- Worked on furnishing Lakeview Manor.
- Did quick sweep job in Whiterun (sorry Fralia). Meeko waited out side.
- Delivered amulet of Arkay to Torbjorn Shatter-Shield
- After stop in Ragged Flagon to get his pay from Vex, went to meet Karliah at the Shadow Stone.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:58 pm 
Warder
Warder

14th of Heartfire, 4E203

Delia-Jessamine Maric, Breton stealth-mage and Dovahkiin, woke up in the Harbinger's room after only a couple of hours sleep and put on her furs. Aela was already up. Jess felt calm and lucid, having been blessed by her Divine goddesses with Lover's Comfort. They left Jorrvaskr's chambers and went to the back porch for breakfast. It was a little after dawn. Jess ate rabbit haunch, apple-cabbage stew, Eidar cheese, and bread. After breakfast, Jess and Aela parted ways for the first time in months. Neither woman showed any emotion and there was no need to speak. Jess watched Aela go back inside Jorrvaskr.

Jess walked toward Dragonsreach. Heimskr was already on a roll. She stopped and looked at the statue of Talos, and then did something she had never done before: She prayed to Talos. She put on her Amulet of Talos and continued on. She found Balgruuf and Irileth out back with Odahviing.

It was time to go. Jess spoke to Odahviing, then released him. Odahviing flew Jess to Skuldafn and told her he would either see her again, or see Alduin.

There are two accounts of what happened next.

By one account, Delia-Jessamine Maric, Breton stealth-mage and Dovahkiin, was killed at Skuldafn by a draugr archer after another draugr shouted her senseless. Then Alduin ate the world. The end.

The other account is longer.
Spoiler:
Delia-Jessamine Maric, Breton stealth-mage and Dovahkiin, fought her way through numerous draugr and a dragon priest en route to her goal, Sovngarde. Mostly, she used her usual tactic of snipe and summon, now augmented by her favorite dragon shout. Whenever a draugr got too close, she Fus Ro Dah'd it to buy time and distance, then repositioned her Dremora to keep the draugr away. She got pretty good at it, if I do say so myself.

After defeating the dragon priest, Jess looked up and was surprised to see two dragons perched above her. They did not seem bothered by her presence and had not intervened, so Jess left them alone. She entered Sovngarde.

Inside, Jess saw Alduin flying around. It was not yet time to fight, but there was little time for delay, either. She met a Stormcloak soldier who did his best to try to explain what was happening. Jess had a feeling he was the same soldier she had seen beheaded at Helgen, but could not be sure. She also encountered Kodlak and Torygg, among others including soldiers from both sides of the war.

Tsun asked Jess by what right she would enter Shor's Hall. Jess replied that it was her right by birth as she is the Dragonborn. Tsun was not impressed, and would not let her pass until she proved herself worthy by fighting him. So she did, not that she had a choice. Jess fought well, according to Tsun. Actually, she just summoned two Dremora and ran away. But we can assume that Tsun rewarded Jess for her dedication to the craft of summoning. It's not like she learned to summon two Dremora overnight.

Inside the Hall was a veritable all-star team of Nord warriors, but the three Jess needed to find, and quickly, were the trio that had defeated Alduin before. They were chomping at the bit for another crack at Alduin, so they and Jess made haste back outside.

After clearing the mist, the fight was on. Before entering the fray, Jess downed a couple of her hand-crafted potions like a sorority girl slamming shots on her 21st birthday. The battle can be summarized as: Dragonrend + Dremora + Blackbow + Heroic Warrior Trio = Dead Alduin. The world was saved.

After the All Hail's, Jess was told she would be welcome in Sovngarde at the time of her passing. Unfortunately, Jess is in a similar predicament to the one Kodlak was in, except Nocturnal claims her soul and Jess knows no way out of the deal. Speaking of Kodlak, he approached and commended Jess. But where were Torygg and the others she had met before? Had she been too late to save them from being devoured by Alduin? Or were they already inside Shor's Hall? Jess decided she would rather not know the answer. Jess returned to Tsun and learned a shout for assistance from a Nord hero. The he sent her back to the Throat of the World.

It was around midnight when Jess returned. She was surrounded by dragons that had apparently decided to follow the Way of the Voice. Perhaps that explains the passivity of the two dragons at Skuldafn. She spoke again with her dear Paarthy. It was unclear if she would see him again after that. Odahviing pledged his loyalty to her, though, so at least she gets a consolation dragon if Paarthy has to leave her.

Jess returned to High Hrothgar and slept for a few hours. After brunch, she found the Greybeards in the conference room and spoke with Arngeir about what had occured in Sovngarde.

Delia-Jessamine Maric was not ready to return to the world below and decided to stay at High Hrothgar for the time being.

Since I am going with the second account, I have to decide whether to send the character back into the world below (and into the Civil War) or retire her to High Hrothgar (until I get the DLC). It isn't clear to me what the character would do. I can see her going either way. My inner completionist will probably win out, though.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:17 am 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY Edition, Skyrim Legendary Edition
Other Profiles: PSN: HardlyKnown-, Steam: jpt197
Recently on my current character, Bryllia the Tongue, Nord spellsword, I:

-Killed an Ice Wraith at Serpentstone Island
-Attended a peace conference at High Hrothgar
-Did one Dark Brotherhood contract for Nazir
-Ran into Jarl Korir west of Windhelm on my way to kill Narfi and helped him fend off a few vampires and Ice Wraiths
-Was officially inducted into the ranks of the Stormcloaks

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:58 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Do'radza, khajit thief become a Nightingale (as a little bird, how badass is that? (satakieli??)) The armour was impressive though and replaced his Thief-armour. Then he spent a night in Honeyside and headed out to Solitude. He had some business with Eikur. He wanted Do'radza to frame the Captain of Dainty Sload. First he got the Balmora Blue (that was costly, he can only hope the reward will cover the expences) and while he was there, helped to free Evette San's spiced wine from East Emprire Company's clutches. Do'radza left Meeko to wait near the Solitude Lighthouse and started sneaking aboard the Dainty Sload. So far so good, left him to the bowels of the ship.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:19 pm 
Champion
Champion

Snail's Pace wrote:
Since I am going with the second account, I have to decide whether to send the character back into the world below (and into the Civil War) or retire her to High Hrothgar (until I get the DLC). It isn't clear to me what the character would do. I can see her going either way. My inner completionist will probably win out, though.

Although I can't help deploring Jess's political leanings in the Civil War I'm with your inner completionist on this; I've become somewhat addicted to your reports on her pursuits, and life on High Hrothgar, while doubtlessly enlightening, is a bit uneventful by comparison. But as you see fit.

Marilyn (II), perturbed Listener to a Dark Brotherhood at odds with itself, and her chronically unperturbed canine companion, Meeko,
Spoiler:
- made their way northwards to Dawnstar via Labyrinthian (no frost trolls this time), Morthal and Mzinchaleft and had some interesting encounters with various wildlife on the way, thanks to recently installed Skytest - Realistic Animals and Predators; decided against disturbing a hibernating bear with her cubs but killed another bear and some sabercats. Since Mari follows her own interpretation of the Meat Mandate which says that she must make some use of everything she kills Shadowmere's saddlebags ended up crammed full with meat, furs, claws, teeth and innards; fortunately selling meat on the market or to innkeepers counts as making use of it by her book, or she'd be bound to get serious weight problems. (Truth is she's a bit on the skinny side anyway and could use a few pounds more, but she prefers to remain lithe and light-footed.)
- entered the Dwarven ruins of Mzinchaleft in search of a certain Dunmer scholar; Marilyn had chosen this route seeking to affirm her professional ethos by fulfilling a contract before confronting Cicero and acquitted herself admirably (if I may say so myself), sneaking up to her target undetected and slitting his throat before he knew what was happening; she felt a lot better after that.
- found Arnbjorn wounded outside the Dawnstar Sanctuary and showed nearly superhuman restraint by letting him live. Marilyn and the wolf-man have detested each other ever since she first joined the Family, and finding him injured after he'd tried to kill the Night Mother's Keeper she was sorely tempted to finish Cicero's handiwork and tell Astrid he was dead when she found him (indeed I tried to, but killing him caused Meeko to go bonkers and attack Shadowmere, so I reloaded; stupid faction mechanics... :roll: ). She remembered the Five Tenets though and resolved to abide by them even if her brothers and sisters wouldn't, and also reasoned that antagonizing the other Family members would not advance the Night Mother's cause, while some of them might still be won over if she proceeded cautiously.

Marilyn without Meeko, who was left to guard the door, then entered the Sanctuary and summoned the spectre of Lucien Lachance who supported her resolution to spare Cicero if at all possible; it felt good to be in the company of a Brother devoted to the Family as it was supposed to be, even if he was dead. He also assisted her against the sanctuary's ghostly guardians who tried to hinder her progress, but faltered about halfway through. The spectral assassins of old demanded every bit of Mari's wit and skills to deal with and caused her to get more and more exasperated with Cicero; when she finally found him she was like, "Can we please stop playing games now?" She saw through his ruse of playing wounded but also realised that he had been deeply hurt spiritually and needed time to heal, so she would have to deal with Astrid's misrule by herself.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:09 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360
Not much of a story writer.

Gilda a Spell Sword Completed Miraks Temple then after talking to the Skall Went to fight a dragon and a bunch of Drauger to gain the first part of Bend Will shout to free the Magic stones of Solstein. Of Course Mirak steals the dragon soul good thing I have a few saved up, just for this reason. Then proceded to cleanse the stones and calling it a night.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:44 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Do'razda, khajit thief and "littlebird who sings in dawn" aka Nightingale:

- continued sneaking in Dainty Sload, got the item planted and got out. He was only briefly detected when he came to the deck.
- Fetched Meeko and reported his success to Eikur. Got a spellbook as a reward. "A spell? Lousy spelltome? What do you think I am, a mage? Where's my gold, man?" Do is considering a nightly visit to Eikur's house to help himself a proper reward.
- Then he and Meeko trekked along the north coast towards west, collecting nirnroot for Ingun and killing wildlife and bandits
- Met a vigilant of Stendarr and Do wondered how she would react if she knew of his connection to Nocturnal..does that make Do a daedra worshiper?
- Found abandoned camp (tent and fireplace) west of Northwatch Keep and told Meeko to wait there.
- Killed a cave bear and got bone break fever (or whatever it is) while waiting for night fall.
- Tried to sneak into Northwatch Keep, but the second Thalmor guard noticed him (first one got killed by an arrow from the darkness) ... what followed was a large melee fight outside the keep, one against many...Chillrend's paralyze-enchantment saved Do's fur more than once.

Thu 17th april:

Do'razda, Khajit Thief
- sneaked into Northwatch keep from back door. Still have to kill few guards and Interogator before he could let Thorald to safety.
- Fetched Meeko, slept few hours and did several trips to Dawnstar, Whiterun and Solitude to get those elven armors and weapons sold (get himself new glassbow from the loot)
- did a nightly visit to Eikur's house and robbed the place clean (including pickpocketing sleeping Gisli) :P
- Returned to Riften, delivered Nirnroots to Ingun.
- Returned to Thieves guild to sell loot (see above).

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:53 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim Legendary, ESO, Legends
Platform: PC, PS3
Other Profiles: Steam: Captain Mauin, ESO: @Mauin and @Merorzen, Legends: Mauin
UESPoints: 1
I loaded my PS3 character and continued with the College of Winterhold. She finally finished leveling Destruction and is now onto Restoration as the final magic skill. Then she just needs to finish the last few stealth skills.

I also returned to Wild-Like-The-Sea. She completed the College of Winterhold questline, did one random quest, and then started Dawnguard.
I think she's basically approaching the end. Which means that I'm that much closer to getting back to Vulom.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:46 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Nelya, bosmer huntress,

- joined companions
- her first proper assigment was kill bandit leader in Valtheim towers.
- did the Proving Honor -guest, it was fairly easy for despite Farkas' "help". He kept jumping to her line of fire. The final battle against several waves of draugs... Let's just say that Dawnbreaker rocks.
- Nelya got skyforge steel sword and replaced her scimitar with it.
- she killed bears for Aela
- then she headed for Ustengav ( spelling?). There was dragon over Morthal but it flew away.
- started looking for the Horn of Jorgen Windcaller.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:38 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am Dogbirthed!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:28 am 
Tea Party Mod
Tea Party Mod

ES Games: III - V GOTY, Online
Platform: PS4, Steam
UESPoints: 5
Borat gro-Shagsheep. By the Nine. I mean...wah-wah-wee-wah.

I got killed several times today. Death Hounds. Snowy sabre cats. I've been pumping all of my attribute points into magicka so far, so I'm super fragile.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:53 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Nelya, a bosmer huntress,
- continued exploring Ustengrav and was disappointed to find out the Horn is gone.
- sold loot and went to Jorvaskarr, Skjor had something for her, which involved meeting him after dark
- while waiting the night to fall, Nelya investigated the Whispering Door and aquired the Ebony Blade ( without killing anybody I may add, she pick pocketed the key from the courtmage)
- she dropped the Blade to a chest in Breezehome, with intention to forget it there. At least that creepy kid won't have it.
- Nelya entered Underforge and she became werewolf... And she didn't even have time to kill anybody during the transformation *pouts* ( she just had found some imperial soldiers and then... Loading screen)
- entered Gallows Rock with Aela and started sniping the silver hands.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:47 pm 
Champion
Champion

Gbaji, LOL @ Skynyrd! Who would have thought that the leader of the Silver Hand hailed from Sweet Home Alabama...

During the last few days Marilyn (II), Listener to the Night Mother determined to stand by her Mom,
Spoiler:
- lied to Astrid, telling her Cicero was dead. What matters most to her now is that the Motierre contract, the only one endorsed by Mother herself up to now, is carried out; as long as Astrid goes along with that, she can go on believing she leads the Dark Brotherhood. Once that is completed, Astrid will have to choose between being Marilyn's Speaker and Purification.
- had a little interview with the cook at Understone Keep in Markarth and poisoned him later that night; while she was at it she stole everything of value that wasn't nailed down from the jarl's quarters and then continued her work at the Treasury House. A list of notable bards pickpocketed from Yngvar the Singer prompted her to visit Old-Hroldan and talk to the bard-cum-thief Asteria there ("The Raven of Anvil" from 3DNPCs) who had expressed interest in such a thing because she wants her name added to it; Asteria told her to look for an elf near Windhelm who could help her to contact a master forger competent enough to do it.
- carried on to Solitude to fulfil a contract from Nazir on a pirate captain and went on a little expedition to Deepwood Redoubt while she was in the vicinity. Having already cleared the Forsworn encampment there earlier, so she met with little resistance. She did indeed find the remains of the Assassin of Old in Hag's End, as Ollava had foretold, his powerful gear miraculously preserved - clearly a sign from the Sweet Mother and Dread Father that Mari's dedication to them will not go unrewarded.
- reached Nightgate Inn at the end of a day's ride from Solitude, spent the night there and caught the Gourmet alone looking out on the lake the next day. He who has no doubt often fed on fish now feeds the fish; there's poetic justice for you!
- found the forger's contact in Windhelm, who turned out to be none other than her former follower Rumarin the bladebinder and told her the forger was to be found somewhere in Falkreath; her reaction: "Does that mean I'll have to put up with you all the way from here to Falkreath?" Indeed it does. (Rumarin reminds me a bit of Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory - the same mixture of being cute and a pain in the neck.)

- killed a giant at Steamcrag Camp for Jarl Ulfric's bounty - only she had to kill two more giants and two mammoths before she hit the right one, plus the dragon of Bonestrewn Crest who offered an unsolicited contribution to the discussion. The ultimate fate of the dragon is a mystery - I saw its health bar winking out after hitting it with a poisoned crossbow bolt, but although we searched the area far and wide its corpse was not to be found; very strange. We were, however, left with the corpses of three giants and two mammoths, which is a real challenge to anyone following the Meat Mandate, even by Marilyn's very creative interpretation, and led to a three-day crafting and selling binge after hauling the whole stuff back to Windhelm, which in turn led to Mari levelling up and gaining the Advanced Blacksmithing perk which allows her to temper her Nightingale and Shrouded gear at long last (level 44). Also, neither Elda Early-Dawn at Candlehearth Hall nor Iddra at Braidwood Inn are likely to run out of meat anytime soon.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:50 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

I dusted off Corinne, an imprerial legion's scout,

- she sold stuff in Whiterun and cashed a bounty from Proventus
- cleared some misc. delivery quest from her journal, which took her to Riften, Markath and Solitude.
- travelled to Korvaljung and fetched the Jagged Crown with Legate Rikka, Hadvar and other imperial soldiers
- spent some time home at Lakeview Manor and played tag with adopted girls.
- delivered Jagged crown to general Tullius
- Killed vampires in Pinemoon Cave for Sylvia Stendorr and spent a night in Blue Palace.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:51 pm 
Champion
Champion

Marilyn (II), Meeko and Rumarin spent a few quiet days in and around Riften before heading west again, mostly hunting, cooking, brewing, crafting and trading. Quiet, that is, until they came too close to the mountains south of Riften on a hunting expedition and Shadowmere and Dwemare shied like they'd been spooked by something invisible (=Requiem's "aura of fear" effect that makes animals and civilian NPCs flee from dragons; ridden horses react to it as if they'd been hit). Marilyn had seen horses react like that before, and finding the remains of a burnt carriage a little further on confirmed her conjecture that they were near the lair of something way bigger than bears or sabercats. In hope of treasure that dragons often guard they pressed on, leaving the horses behind, and soon discovered ancient Lost Tongue Overlook. The resident dragon turned out to be another Legendary, but with an arch providing cover against its shouts it stood no chance against Mari's Nightingale bow, poisons and ebony arrows. The treasure was meagre, but the monster's bones and scales sold for a good price on the Riften market.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:45 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Milady Winter, a true daughter of Skyrim and nord spellblade:
- liberated Reach, during which she blackmailed Readek, cast fury on one of those thalmor soldiers on Understone Keep and watched with evil smirk while her comrade and guards killed her. Looted the body and sold it all to Moth. Then she rejoined Ralof and they stopped the delivery wagon. Staff of chainlightning is fun.
- after some loot selling, she attacked fort Sundgard, fireball spell in one hand and her soultrap scimitar in other. Might have accidentaly hit her own troops, it was dark night.
- reported to Jarl Ulfric ( got lousy hideshield for her troubles), bought more upgrades to Hjerim, and finally remembered to tell that Arentino- kid that Grelod is dead.
- went to Riften, crafted a bit ( made a nordic sword, upgraded it to legendary and encanted it) it replaced her scimitar. Gave a gift to Sofia.
- went to sleep and you know what happened next... Lets just said that she used the staff of chainlightning and Astrid was impressed.
- walked to Windstad Manor, where she did more crafting and found her missing ghostblade, from the floor of armoury.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92 ... 126  Next