UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sun Oct 13, 2024 4:26 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 126  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 'What You Did in Skyrim Today' Thread
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:34 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games: oblivion, skyrim
Platform: xbox 360/one
UESPoints: 14
Went to see Calcemo for his notes on the Falmer language. He wouldnt let me see them, so had to sneak into his lab to find them. There were lots of wizard's guards that I disliked killing, as I dont like killing 'goodies.' After all, the were only guarding- and it was I that was trespassing. I mainly used the Dremora and summoned Arniel's Shade to kill them, that way I wasnt directly reponsible for their deaths. I wondered if it would havebeen possible to sneak past them all, but I dont think so.

My main gripe was in killing one non-guard, which was Calcemo's nephew, Aicantar. He was a complete innocent, and it seemed odd to have previously helped Calcemo find love, to now be murdering his relative.
It was a moral dilemma for Aarah, but I had to get those notes in order to decode Gallus' journal fir the Thieves Guild. However, I question whether the needless deaths will be worth what good will come from deciphering the book.

Anyway, Calcemo's work turned out to be on a big stone tablet, so a roll of paper and some charcoal enabled me to take a rubbing and then exit the area.
I thought that killing Aicantar et al might be considered a crime, but I had no bounty added from the deed. I know must take the info I obtained back to Enthir in Winterhold.

(Cool things: Dwarven spider that goes wherever you fire the 'remote control' staff. Unfortunately it was broken upon the first encounter with a wizards guard. But that thing was cool!)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:12 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Skyrim, Oblivion
Platform: Xbox 360
UESPoints: 0
Aarah wrote:
Went to see Calcemo for his notes on the Falmer language. He wouldnt let me see them, so had to sneak into his lab to find them. There were lots of wizard's guards that I disliked killing, as I dont like killing 'goodies.' After all, the were only guarding- and it was I that was trespassing. I mainly used the Dremora and summoned Arniel's Shade to kill them, that way I wasnt directly reponsible for their deaths. I wondered if it would havebeen possible to sneak past them all, but I dont think so.

That quest is totally possible without killing. I've done it that way. Just takes some care.

I haven't done hardly anything in Skyrim recently, because I haven't been able to find anything especially interesting to do. All my characters are either irritatingly low level or at the end of their questlines. Maybe I'll start a new questline with one of the characters that wasn't going to do them. Hm.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:47 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, Morrowind
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 7
Played WAY too much Skyrim today. That's all right, its super snowy here and its not like I can leave the house anyway. So...

Svasen Lion-Mane joined the Companions. He gave Aela her shield and a flower. And although he's enjoyed getting to know his shield siblings, more pressing matters are at hand. Namely, where is his family? He's in search of his mother and sister, kidnapped by bandits at Mixwater Mill. So he has cleared a handful of bandit dens near Whiterun in an effort to find them, and is currently on his way towards Falkreath. He doesn't know where these bandits have taken his family, so he's going to search through as many bandit camps as he can.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:28 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim Legendary
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
Dohva. wrote:
Played WAY too much Skyrim today. That's all right, its super snowy here and its not like I can leave the house anyway. So...

Svasen Lion-Mane joined the Companions. He gave Aela her shield and a flower. And although he's enjoyed getting to know his shield siblings, more pressing matters are at hand. Namely, where is his family? He's in search of his mother and sister, kidnapped by bandits at Mixwater Mill. So he has cleared a handful of bandit dens near Whiterun in an effort to find them, and is currently on his way towards Falkreath. He doesn't know where these bandits have taken his family, so he's going to search through as many bandit camps as he can.

Have you considered modding his family into the game? Maybe as victims in the ends of bandit hideouts?
And there is NO such thing as way too much Skyrim. Except for when you have a 90 second movie due in 22 hours and you haven't even got a storyboard to show for it because of how much Skyrim you've been playing until 5AM every night.... No reason why I used that example specifically.....it's not about me......shut up!

EDIT: His next post taking place at 4am with a class in 7 hours. ;)

Today Kael was exploring his new title and abilities. It seems that with each step forward in accepting his role, he is shocked by another facet of it. The prophecy of the last Dragonborn, the blood of Akatosh pumping through his veins (an RP merchant would bottle and sell it), the Blades and the Dragonguard dedicating themselves to the kin of dragons. Kael came to Skyrim to expose himself to the Nordic worldview, and it seems that he is carrying the world, each inhabitant watching him, holding their breath. A perpetuating inhale before the coming of the crash. One that Kael is uncertain if he is fit to confront.

So much reflection, confusion, and thought spinning Kael's mind on each axis, and kicking him onto his ass. He has decided to help this Blade, Delphine, infiltrate the Thalmor Embassy. Fulfilling his potential as Dovahkiin, the guardian to face the harbinger, is a rather grandiose concept to approach. Hating Thalmor? That's a vacation.

Kael: "I was hoping I could put these robes to good use, someday," pulling out the black and gold uniform of a justicair, with a coy smirk on his face.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:47 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Morrobloodtribunal, Oblivering Knights, Skydawnfireborn
UESPoints: 2
Marilyn II retrieved the Rueful Axe from Rimerock Burrow last night, finally putting the Skull of Corruption (which she Frost has been carrying in her his saddlebags since her last visit to Dawnstar, which was quite a while ago) to good use against Sebastian's atronach. On her way there she had passed the entrance to Lost Echo Cave and decided to check it out after she was done with the wizard. Inside she met an intriguing Dunmer (Raynes from Interesting NPCs) who offered to travel with her after they had done away with the resident Falmer and a surviving bandit - about as unlikely a combination as it gets: a vigilant sworn to protect the law by extreme measures and a Nightingale of Nocturnal who also happens to be a member of the Dark Brotherhood... Nevertheless she assented, and so far they've been getting along pretty well with each other. One thing they have in common though is that both are attracted to people of their own sex, and so Marilyn has finally found a male companion who won't think of trying anything funny at night by the campfire (not that Gorr ever did, he's much too decent for that, but she did notice him looking at her that way every now and again, and Rumarin came on to her in an insinuating way once or twice). She's aware that she'll have to either get rid of or kill him sooner or later before he finds out about her, but for now she likes his company well enough.

Jeder sollte einmal reisen in das schöne Vvardenfell!

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:08 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Tatortodd, I do have something in mind for his story. :)

Playing as a man is rather interesting. Camila Valerius: "You're a strapping young man. Don't be a stranger."

Whoa...what? Haha! He also had the tavern maid in Falkreath hit on him. Hilarious. Speaking of warriors, Svasen was offered the gift of beast blood by the Companions and turned it down. He doesn't want to be a werewolf. It threw him off big time to see lovely Aela in beastform. His heart dropped...and so off he went (with his little dog, Meeko) running to Riverwood. He'll be adventuring for a while to get that terrible image out of his head.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:12 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim, Online
I've been playing my Dunmer, Amara, today.

Sadly I've had to restart her last weekend, so I'm back at the beginning of the main quest.

She went to Bleak Falls Barrow today to stop Farengar from berating her whenever she goes to buy new spells from him. She's a slow, sneaky type, so it took her quite a while to clear the barrow.

When she came out it was raining, and she could not make it back to Riverwood before nightfall, so she and Faendal pitched their tent on the shore of Lake Illinalta to spend the night.

The next morning she went to Riverwood to trade her loot, give Lucan his claw back and mix some potions at the Sleeping Giant Inn. It's still raining, so she might have to hang out in Riverwood for a day or two before going on to Whiterun. She's thinking of spending some time at the inn; that pesky innkeeper is gone on vacation, so Amara can finally go there and chat with the patrons without getting all those weird comments about 'poking around'.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:33 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Skyrim: DG, HF, DB
Unable to make much headway in Riften, and unwilling to face the northern cold at this point, Turala decided to revisit some loose ends in Whiterun. But taking the carriage would leave her with 19 gold, not to mention a bumpy ride (Touring Carriages is great, but some routes are rougher than others). Stealing a horse went off without a hitch smoothly, but then the rain started, significantly dropping visibility, and Turala missed a road she was planning to take. She didn't bother to go back, given the wolves in the area. Eventually, the storm let up, and she rode north by way of Ivarstead, managing to kill a pack of wolves and a single Valtheim bandit (actually the wolves finished off the bandit :P).

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:54 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PS3 PS4
Other Profiles: BuzBee3(PSN)
Early this morning I decided to play with the new Argonian I made for DiD. She is a level one, she has green scales with a red mask and yellow head dress/specialized scales??

Today the game started at the Bannered Mare, where Schmetterling talked to a few people and stole a bottle of Argonian Ale. She gave it to a beggar, the reward was good for a beggar.
After asking around a bit, Schmetterling decided to check into the Companions. There she met a few interesting people. After getting the assignment to have a sword sharpened at the Sky Forge, she became inspired to forge something herself. Yorland was very busy, so Schmetterling went to the other forge she had seen in town.

She went to Adrianne and began her training there. Forged and sold a few items, improved her own gear and went back to the companions for work.

Smetterling was assigned a task by Farkas to kick Nazeem's narrow ass. She did this with pleasure.

Farkas has another task for her and they will be retrieving a piece of an antique Axe. This is where we saved and exited. She is almost level 2.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:12 am 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Morrobloodtribunal, Oblivering Knights, Skydawnfireborn
UESPoints: 2
Ursula R. M. wrote:
Schmetterling

That is both a hilarious name for a colourful Argonian and a very fitting one for a melee fighter, which I take is the way you're planning to go with her if she's joined the Companions. Nice! :D (For non-speakers of German, a schmetterling is a butterfly, but the verb (zer)schmettern means to smash, to shatter.)

Jeder sollte einmal reisen in das schöne Vvardenfell!

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:32 am 
Associate
Associate

Made an argonian named Stalks-The-Night last week. But did not play him much. But did clear out Heamars Shame on his way to find out what these so called greybeards want from him. He learned that most of these vampires are easy to deal with, so long as he can surprise them with an arrow in the back. He still needs to find a way to eliminate the vamperic pack leaders without having to fall back to his knife.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:48 pm 
Warder
Warder

Finn Wolfshorn wrote:
Ursula R. M. wrote:
Schmetterling

That is both a hilarious name for a colourful Argonian and a very fitting one for a melee fighter, which I take is the way you're planning to go with her if she's joined the Companions. Nice! :D (For non-speakers of German, a schmetterling is a butterfly, but the verb (zer)schmettern means to smash, to shatter.)

That did not take long for someone to interpret. You did add a spin I didn't think about with the Melee.
Today, Schmetterling woke up at Jorvaskarr and went to Dustman's Cairn with Farkas. In the Carin, she leveled several times and did not die, but just barely. (She is my DiD. So living is good.)
Next, after bringing the Axe peice back, she was offically given the membership to Companions.
Aiela (sp?) Assigned "Ling" a task in a grove to get the Saber Cat. Travelling by herself, she worked her way to the "grove". On the way she jumped into all the bodies of water and streams. Hunted Mudcrabs, ate bugs and those little guppies. She sampled lots of ingredients and killed a slaughterfish.
The Sabercat nearly killed her, but Euorland's(sp?) axe did the trick and she collected all the loot at the grove.
Before heading back to Whiterun, "Ling" stripped and got in the water to wash her scales and cool off. That fight was taxing. Barbequed a few mudcrabs and caught more bugs and fish.
Finished bathing, she headed home. Level 4.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:41 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Oblivion, Morrowind, skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
I did not do too much today. I was in Solstheim and was helping Neloth finding the source of Ash Spawn attacks.

I walked around Tel Mithryn for a little and had to fend off a Dragon that attacked. The I walked down a hill towards a small grave yard and found an ash spawn attacking me. After taking him out, I checked out the grave that was glowing because of the ring I had on. Found a journal of Ildari and took this to Neloth.

He then sent me to Highpoint Tower to take her out. I ended up hiking over there and then set up camp for the night. (That is all the farther I went with the quest since I don't get to play much right now)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:50 am 
The New Number Two
The New Number Two

ES Games: Mw, Ob, Sk
UESPoints: 1
this game is all conflict, it's very difficult to steer your own course. Helgen - choose which side leads you out. The blades and the Greybeards bicker over their claim to your title and yet neither offer anything in return, Daedric Lords lay THEIR claims on your soul putting in doubt whether the Dovahkiin will ever find rest in Sovngard

So I am Thane of Whiterun and have given that vow. I have also joined Ulfric and am ordered to march on my Jarl , making me an oathbreaker. And then I find Ulfric is a pawn of the Thalor ?! SO when do I get the chance to confront Ulfric with this evidence, or unite the lands to fight the real threat to Skyrim?

very very difficult and frustrating situation, i wonder that anyone would want this hero's life. Even the Nerevarine I think trod an easier path - at least his fate was laid in front of Him and He could go forward with some idea of what was expected

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:15 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

My Dunmer, Amara, went to Bloated Man's Grotto to kill Sinding today. He fell to her arrows, even though she felt sorry for him. But Hircine himself had ordered her to kill the man. Amara prays to Azura, and so she is not the kind of person to disobey a Daedric Prince.

She was rewarded for her actions not just by receiving the Savior's hide (which is only one point higher with regards to armor rating than the fur armor she already has), but also by being spoken to by another Daedric Prince. She found a strange orb in one of the treasure chests, and when she picked it up, Meridia called to her.

So she'll have to go north in the near future, to return the beacon to Meridia's statue. Before that, she went to Whiterun, though; she had some items to trade and learned some enchantments at Farengar's enchanting table. His usefulness as a spell merchant has come to an end, as she found out. She's already bought all of his spellbooks that she's interested in. It's probably a good thing that she's got an excuse to go near Solitude now, as Sybille Stentor should have more Illusion spells for her to buy.

She spent the night in her tent outside Whiterun, where the Khajiit usually ptich their tents, and then went out on a hunting trip to get some meat as food supply for her trip north.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:26 am 
Warder
Warder

Felinia woke up in the Thieves Guild and Marcurio was awaiting her instructions
Hidden:
Felinia got an assignment to go to Windhelm and pick a pocket. She did succeed, and has the "treasure" requested. Before heading back to Riften she has other business she wants to take Marcurio to help with. They went to place Torygg's Horn and on the way roasted and soul trapped a few crabs and assorted beasts. Finishing that the Azura's Star needs to be found for a priestess and Felinina and Marcurio started into Illita's Deep.

Saved and had to go to have a tooth drilled. :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:27 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Skyrim, Oblivion
Oceloth went to see Calcelmo for his notes on the Falmer language. Of course the guy didn't want to let him see them, so Oceloth first tried to persuade, then intimidate with rather embarrassing results. He never was that good with words. So the sneaky bosmer stole Calcelmo's key and sneaked into his lab. He's quite pleased with himself since he managed to do it without killing anyone. Well.... if you don't count the little mess with Aicantar's dwarven spider. Of course Oceloth had to steal that control rod, which made the spider appear. A guard decided to attack it but the spider proved victorious. Other than that it was flawless. Oceloth, being a smug little [&@%!], decided to reverse-pickpocket Aicantar too and left him a sweet-roll in exchange from stealing his ring.

Oceloth later traveled to Irkngthand with Karliah and Brynjolf... and boy, what a mess it turned out to be. Brynjolf and Karliah apparently had some sort of competition going on since they repeatedly started fighting each other*. Oceloth tried to knock some sense into them but they didn't seem to respect their new leader's authority. (Is it because he's shorter than them?) So in the end Oceloth was like "Screw it" and went on by himself. Well, he always preferred travelling alone and this occurrence certainly made him even more determinant in avoiding any traveling companions.

Oceloth also bought a house in Riften... only to be traumatized for the rest of his life by possessed mannequins.

(*kudos a mod which gave Karliah explosive arrows so she repeatedly managed to hurt Brynjolf -_-)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:01 pm 
Warder
Warder

DiD Character #1
Level 5
Schmeterling awoke at Jorvaskr, well rested. She went to visit with her new friends and get an assignment from Aela the Huntress.
Hidden:
Aela told her Skjor wanted to speak to her. Skjor had a plan and said "Meet me in the underforge tonight".
It was early morning and Ling had plenty of time to kill.
She decided to take a few things to Riverwood to sell. She also wanted to learn more about the Elf she had met there last week. Hurrying to Riverwood, she went to the Blacksmith, made a few things and B.S.ed with Alvor. Eventually she did visit Faendel and Sven. Not sure why, but she broke up that party by Narc. ing on Sven. Poor [&@%!].
Anyway, this made Ling very hot and she decided to spend the rest of the day fishing and hunting. She made it to the lake, had a great time killing slaughterfish and exploring the lake. She also investigated a new standing stone and took on the power of The Lady.
It had been raining for most of the time, but the sun came out, and Ling swam over to Half Moon Mill. There she met the proprietor who had strangely glowing red eyes, friggin creepy.
Ling did not want to stay there and headed North.
Eventually she stumbled upon a camp. There she found a journal of an alchemist. Sounded intriguing what was written there. She decided to track down the alchemist.
Not too far away, his body was seen in the midst of a pond. Schmeterling crept up, she noticed a bit of movement, but decided to ignore it in favor of checking out the Dunmer in the pond.
Almost immediately she was swarmed by buzzing and killed by Spriggens in Evergreen Grove.

I am going to miss Schmetterling. She was the first Argonian I have ever played and it was very cool. Next Argonian will be male, because I do not like Lizards with breasts.(too wierd)

Last edited by Ursula R. M. on Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:59 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ursula R. M. wrote:
I am going to miss Schmeterlinng. She was the first Argonian I have ever played and it was very cool.

Oh no, that's too bad. I can't bring myself to do DiD, because I fear I wouldn't be able to delete a character who has died. I usually get too attached to them.

Amara, my Dunmer, went on a hunting trip east of Whiterun. She was spectacularly unsuccesssful; this has to be the first time I've gone an entire in-game day without seeing a single elk or deer. She and Faendal walked around in the tundra looking for game and in the evening ended up near the unmarked bandit camp west of the city. They got too close and had to fight the bandits. On the bright side, the guys had a lot of food in their camp, so the idea of a hunting trip has become somewhat obsolete.

Since the bandits already had a campfire going, Amara and Faendal decided to pitch their tent in the bandit camp. They spent the night there and went back to Whiterun to trade their loot.

Amara's also found more company on her travels. She ran into a friendly wolf near Battle-Born Farm and decided to keep him as a pet. (He's actually the result of my first modding attempt. I made him according to a youtube tutorial I found some time ago. He even functions correctly - well, for the most part :) )
Hidden:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:42 am 
Master
Master

ES Games: IV: GOTY, V: DG, HF, DB
Platform: PC (IV, V) & PS3 (V)
Today I mostly played my PC characters, starting with my thief to be Cedran Madach. He had just made it to Riverwood the last time I played, and I decided it was time for him to start his journey and the best destination for a budding thief would be to the crime capital of Skyrim. I haven't gotten very far, but he made his first stop on the road... Embershard Mine, previously ignored when he and Hadvar traveled that way. I've installed Requiem - The Roleplaying Overhaul, which, among other things, makes combat more (realistically) difficult. I'm determined to have him not use any combat but sneak attacks with daggers and melee with a sword like a true rogue, so not having sneaky archery to snipe on top of Requiem's system was a blast... difficult, but Cedran made it. Clever as he is, he actually managed to sneak past the two bandits that come after you pull the bridge's lever and prevent them from coming back for him by pulling the lever on the other side; not bad for someone with level 14 Sneak, if I do say so myself. I predict a lot more of that in this character's future.
EDIT: I've went back on my idea to only use daggers and a sword on him. No need to limit him that much when bows fit perfectly with the build. (and stealth archery is the best haha) So now he'll primarily use bows for long range stealth, a dagger for close up, and he'll keep a sword on his belt in case he ever finds himself in that unfortunate, but unavoidable melee situation that he doesn't have surprise on his side.

After I finished that on him, I moved on to my other PC character, Mirisa. She started in The Hall of the Vigilant, unlike Cedran, who did the default start. She and her sister (a random Vigilant I made her follower with AFT, who actually looks quite a bit like her.. I went with it lol) got ready and began scouting Skyrim for Daedric activity like good witchhunters. They went to the nearest town to the Hall, Dawnstar, in response to some rumors. Sure enough they met a Dunmer priest of Mara who they've agreed to aid in ridding the town of Vaermina's influence.

Had to stop once the trio got to the temple, but I've gotta say, in the short time I've played these two I've had more fun in Skyrim than I've had in a long time. After a bit of tweaking in MCM to my preferences, Requiem is pretty awesome.

Last edited by Witchery on Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:47 am 
The New Number Two
The New Number Two

ES Games: Mw, Ob, Sk
UESPoints: 1
changed my face (well, i actually had face paint removed and mt beard replaced with an awe inspiring moustache that makes me look a bit like Lee Van Cleef)

I have also finally managed to sort my wardrobe out, with Alik'ir hood, Thalmor gloves (the variety of non enchanted handware in Skyrim is not huge :roll:), Redguard boots and Master destruction robes. Looks cool

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:07 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Platform: XBOX, PC
These sands are cold...

Spoiler:
Kajiit
Name: Fa'lo
Main Skills: Illusion, Alchemy, Enchanting
Minor Skills: Speech, Sneak
Coincidental Skill increase: Smithing and Lockpicking
Main weapon: his fists.

Fa'lo, a Goutfang and Whisperfang apprentice is roving Skyrim looking to find his path. After being caught up at the wrong place at the wrong time he was able to escape Helgen thanks to a flying lizard and has begun his journey.

These sands are cold on the feet of this Kajiit. After dispatching some bandits near a town named Riverwood -- I made my way north to a much larger city named Whiterun. After doing some trading -- I realized it is far more expensive to live in this province than I thought. I shall use some of the Alchemy skills taught to me by my grandfather to fill my coin purse. I used what septims I could scrape together selling the rusted blades carried by those filthy bandits and use it to travel to the east -- to a large hold called Riften. I see plenty of birch trees from the back of the carriage. Scaly Pholia is most common amoung these types of trees. This will do nicely. After half a day I have collected many samples. As night falls -- I head into the city. A quaint tavern called "The Bee and Barb" will be my lodging for the evening.

After talking to the taven maiden, I learn two important things. First, the next ingredient I require is in the hotsprings to the north. Secondly -- there appears to be some sort of face changer in the bowels of this city. Something to look into tomorrow morning.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:11 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I played my Dunmer for a couple of hours today:
Hidden:
Amara spent a day in Whiterun selling loot at the Drunken Huntsman, practicing smithing at Warmaiden's, and mixing some potions at Arcadia's Cauldron.

She had intended to head north to Mount Kilkreath where Meridia's statue is. When she had set up her campsite outside Whiterun for the night, however, she went through her backpack looking for some food, and came across a crumpled bounty letter.

At that point she remembered that she'd promised Proventus Avenicci to eliminate the bandits at Valtheim Towers, and she decided to take care of that task before going north.

The next morning she headed east, past Honningbrew Meadery and over the river. The road was quite dangerous; a lone wolf, two novice necromancers and a skeever were all out to kill her. Along the road she noticed another one of those strange standing stones atop a hill and on a whim thought some sightseeing would be in order.

The stone turned out to be home to another necromancer. After granting his death wish, Amara investigated the stone. She decided she didn't like it; it has something to do with necromancy, and that's something she finds repulsive. So she's keeping the Mage Sign for now.

Amara and Faendal reached Valtheim Towers a while later. She took out the sentinel at the door with a bunch of well-aimed arrows and was able to sneak up close on the rest of the other bandits. They eventually detected her, and she and Faendal started the battle by sniping both of the archers off their posts.

After clearing the tower and searching it for loot, it was starting to get dark, and so Amara and Faendal decided to pitch their tent next to the bandits' campfire.

The next morning they woke up to find a nasty surprise: more bandits! They were up in the tower, and Amara has no idea how they got up there without noticing her tent. *) Maybe there is a way into the towers from the other side of the river?

After taking out those bandits, too, Amara and Faendal started to haul their loot back to Whiterun. They didn't get far because it started to rain, and so they pitched their tent on a hill off the road, lit a campfire and are currently waiting for the weather to clear.

*) This might havebeen either a bug or a mod (Immersive Patrols sometimes spawns bandits), but I was pretty surprise to have my character waking up to bandit dialogue coming from somewhere above her

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:12 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Svasen moved his wife, Aela, into Breezehome. Its just the two of them right now (plus Meeko), so the house is perfect size. He was tired of not having privacy with his lady over at Jorrvaskr. He's happy that she's got a house to herself, and a friend to keep her company while he's away on adventures (Lydia).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:40 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC (Morrowind, Oblivion), X360 (Skyrim)
I haven't gotten to play much and haven't been on the forum much lately, but I'm back, like it or not. This is a summary of a few short sessions to make things current, then I'll resume posting on topic and in my usual style. I also have a few pages of posts to catch up on (I do read everyone's posts on this thread).

Delia-Jessamine Maric, Breton stealth-mage, continued her quest to reforge the Gauldur amulet. Jess and Aela traveled from Solitude to Old Hroldan and went to Reachwater Rock the next morning. Inside, Aela warned of trouble ahead, and was, of course, correct. But they took care of it quite easily. I guess the level for the entire quest is set when you first start it. Jess was probably teens or 20's when she started it at Saarthal but is level 81 now. Saarthal was hard, but these recent stages have been cakewalks.

So "Forbidden Legend" is complete, the Gauldur Amulet is reforged, and Jess has all the Gauldur weapons now. She will keep them, as they have significance to the character, unlike most artifacts, which she sells to Brand-Shei. She did the quest with three different followers/friends - Brelyna @ Saarthal, Torvar @ Geirmund's Tomb, and Aela @ Folgunthur and Reachwater Rock. And I think the Gauldur stuff somehow fits where I think the character is heading.

Jess and Aela then traveled to Jorrvaskr, where Jess saw her too-injured-to-adventure husband Torvar (the victim of a follower carry weight glitch - I moved him back into Jorrvaskr where he is now retired as a follower and is enjoying the company of Ria and Njada while Jess is away with her girlfriend Aela - it's all very sordid).

Then Jess and Aela left for Winterhold to deliver "Shalidor's Insights" to Urag. Along the way, they saw signs of Falmer outside Duskglow Crevice. Jess hates Falmer after what they did to a family at a certain lighthouse and exterminates the filthy savage vermin-mer where ever they lurk. Well, they no longer lurk in Duskglow Crevice. Also, Jess found a luna moth in a jar (now decorating Proudspire Manor). They made it to Dawnstar and listened to Jess's favorite bard, Karita.

At Winterhold, Aela met Brelyna and Urag for the first time and Jess returned "Shalidor's Insights". They hung around and did some Thane-work, i.e., bounty hunting, for Malur while Urag translated it. Jess got some Fortify Alteration scrolls for her trouble. Those may come in handy. Jess and Aela then returned to Solitude via Dawnstar.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 126  Next