UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sun Oct 13, 2024 4:28 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86 ... 126  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 'What You Did in Skyrim Today' Thread
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:36 am 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Morrobloodtribunal, Oblivering Knights, Skydawnfireborn
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 2
Ursula R. M. wrote:
Dohva. I do not believe I have ever met Aicantar. Sounds intriguing.

You probably have, he's Calcelmo's (the wizard in Understone Keep) nephew and assistant. Doesn't really have much to say or do in vanilla Skyrim.

Marilyn II was on her way from Riverwood to Riften when she happened to pass by Haemar's Shame and remembered she had a quest there from ages ago, and being very fond of dogs she felt she'd kept poor Barbas waiting long enough. Unfortunately the denizens of the cave included two of her least favourite kinds of enemies - spiders and (you name it) vampires. With a little luck, though, she was able to sneak-shot most of the vamps, a scroll of Summon Flame Atronach took care of the spiders, and Barbas came close to killing the heavily armoured vampires at the shrine by himself, with just a little help required. (Note: don't mess with an aspect of a Daedric prince, furry quadrupede or not.) So she now has a canine follower again and intends to keep him for quite a while before getting that axe.

Once in Riften, she had to take care of long delayed Guild business and is now about to become a Nightingale (or would already be one if Karliah hadn't bugged out and vanished at the crucial moment). She's not quite sure how she feels about this "bound after death" business - she's willing to go along with it for the sake of restoring the Guild, but the thought has entered her mind that it might be advisable to find a way of postponing her death indefinitely. (She's OK with giving her soul to Sithis, on the other hand, trusting in the Dread Father's ability to claim her if he has need of her whatever she does - after all, Padomay should beat any Daedra anytime, right?)

Jeder sollte einmal reisen in das schöne Vvardenfell!

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:22 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, Morrowind
UESPoints: 7
Speaking of Aicantar, he looks sexy/dreamy in the new mage robes Sylmirie bought for him. Those two are so in love its sickening. I can tell because he constantly jumps in front of her during battle to protect her. Its worse than when she was married to Onmund in a past life (she has a flicker of awful recognition that indeed, he does know her in that way).

Sylmirie and Aicantar traveled through the Rift and to Geirmund's Hall, where for a moment her life hung by a thread when husband trapped her between a wall and a Deathlord. Charming.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:08 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox360
UESPoints: 0
Today Today Farore became a smithing master. :D A lot of blood sweat and tears went into her skill and she is finally in posession of her Legendary Dragonbone Bow. Not quite as sharp looking as the Daedric, but being the most powerful bow in Skyrim makes the cosmetic appearance less important. She enchanted it as well with a fire enchantment, giving it an omnimous red glow.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:51 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games: oblivion, skyrim
Platform: xbox 360/one
UESPoints: 14
Went on a quest to get ingredients to repair the White Phial I found the other day. Walked up to the top of the throat of the world at night (where Parthunaax is) to get Unmelting Snow.
Then went to Sundered Towers and killed a bunch of Forsworn to get the heart of a Briar.
Lastly, went to a giants' camp and pinched some Mammoth Tusk powder.

Took all these things to Quintus in Windhelm and he repaired the phial. Unfortunately, Nurelion died before he got his tonic, so I got to keep the phial instead. There was a choice of what to fill it with (it's a magical refilling bottle) so I chose a healing potion.

Just went back to my house in Solitude to pick up the Staff of Magnus, then off to deal with a magical anomaly that has opened up near Morthal.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:58 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Sylmirie and Aicantar spent some time in the Pale building their house. When they returned to Markarth at 1am in the morning, the city was under attack by vampires and, to Sylmirie's horror, their daughter was running around right by the grisly scene.

:|

Ok...just what in Auriel's name was she doing out of bed at that time? Oh, Sylmirie was furious! She herded the kid right to her bedroom and shut the doors. She also insulted the housecarl for his poor child raising skills. Its common sense not to let a child out at that sort of night! Especially with vampires about.

So it was decided that Aicantar and Meeko should stay behind in Markarth, to ensure that brat of a child goes to bed at a proper time. It bugs Sylmirie that she's too busy to raise her own kid, and she really enjoys adventuring with her husband. But clearly the housecarl doesn't care what the kid does--or the kid doesn't listen--so some sacrifices have to be made.

Sylmirie recruited her bff Faralda to adventure with her instead (and since Sylmirie hasn't done the COW quest line just yet, she's going to hold off on asking Faralda to be her steward). Once Heljarchen Hall gets a housecarl and the family is able to move into the house, things will be a lot easier. For now, Sylmirie worries that her daughter's loose upbringing is going to heavily impact her future. :wat:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:15 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: ESIII Morrowind, ESIV Oblivion, ESV Skyrim
Platform: Xbox360 & PC
Other Profiles: XXX
I just took care of a nasty dragon called Mirmulnir, and found out I might be something called "Dragonborn".

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:04 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Skyrim, Oblivion
Ves had a stupid day. After just stepping out from Whiterun with her brand new follower Lydia, she got ambushed by half-naked hired thugs (really, they glitched and wore only their underwear and gloves). In the following ruckus she managed to accidentally kill Lydia. Well, their adventure together surely was long. Who hired the thugs? Whiterun Guard of course -_-

After that she went to kill a dragon but the dragon was being stupid too and got stuck at the edge of a mountain. When he died, he proceeded to roll down the whole damn mountain and Ves couldn't find his body. So bye bye soul.

Next she visited Morthal and ended up having a wild evening in the guard post. The next day, she had a nice surprise because they apparently grew so fond of her that they had locked the freaking door. She had to lockpick it to get out.

Ves then ended up exploring some dwarven ruins and had some intense battles with Falmer who liked spamming invisibility and a Centurion Master who decided to disintegrate her with a lighting storm. Amazingly enough, she did manage to kill him (after many painful deaths).

Later, she visited Danwstar and was moved by Frida when the old woman asked her to get this ring from Forsaken Cave since the jewelry acted as a treasured memory. Later she cursed her sentimentality because the ring's resting place was guarded by Curalmil who welcomed her by one-shotting her. I checked out his level with the console. 41. Ves is 16 >_<.

Oh, I also discovered that, kudos to my mods, some of the draugr have learned freaking Become Ethereal. I first thought it was some sort of cloak spell or something but then I noticed my arrows kept going through. They rather cleverly used the shout after a first sneak arrow and proceeded to try to find me before I could hit them with another one.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:10 pm 
Champion
Champion

Marilyn (II) became a Nightingale at the second attempt and retrieved the Skeleton Key. It was her second encounter with Falmer (she'd practised by freeing Derkeethus from Darkwater Pass on her way up north and found them quite easily manageable as long as she could avoid being hit with their poisons) and her first with the Requiem version of Dwemer constructs who proved a lot tougher, being highly resistant to blades and arrows, her favourite weapons; fortunately she'd kept an enchanted mace she'd looted from an bandit boss ages ago and found a Dwarven shield of shock suppression in Irkngthand, both of which stood her in good stead. After that dealing with Mercer was a piece of cake, a single poisoned arrow took care of him.

After reporting back to Delvin Mallory and selling loot until every merchant in Riften was broke she turned west again, heading in the long run for Markarth where she is to meet with one Muiri who has apparently performed the Black Sacrament. Passing by an ancient Nord ruin on the way she decided to explore it and killed a lot of draugr trying to help a Dunmer treasure-hunter who, however, met an untimely demise. She's presently stopping in Whiterun and has just finished a nightly expedition to Dragonsreach, nicking about every item of value within its walls that wasn't nailed down.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:29 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Destroyed a magical anomaly.
Met a farmer giving a cow to appease the giants.
Went to reclaim Eastmarch Hold by taking over Fort Amol, which then led to the Battle for Windhelm. It was weird as i had already killed Ulfric and stormed Windhelm, so something odd must have occurred. It now registers as complete this time though.

Found an abadoned Prison inhabited by a few ghosts.
Whilst travelling through a giants' camp, a pesky dragon attacked. Must have clipped a giant with me fireball, so had a giant, dragon and a bear attacking all at once.
Use Kynes peace on bear, killed angry giant (first one-just cos I had to). After killing dragon, it refused to give me its soul for some reason.
Learnt a new word of frost breath shout.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:01 pm 
The New Number Two
The New Number Two

ES Games: Mw, Ob, Sk
UESPoints: 1
I defeated Potema and gave her head to a priest who said he'd sanctify the remains. I have no evidence he's going to do this, in fact, it's a bit suspicious that she was hiding out under his temple.. what if he is a secret Potema follower and I have just given him the means of trying to raise her again..?

well, I am sure Falk will text me if there's more trouble

Had a run in with an imperial patrol on the way to join the Stormcloaks. A bit concerned about this as I don't actually like Ulfric or his second in charge much, but the Imperials I like less. I will see if by fighting for the Stormcloaks I can prompt the Thalmor into doing something interesting . Must also remember to meet an agent who will get me into the Thalmor Embassy so I can do that for Delphine

After the Azura priestess died hunting the wolf queen with me I have no desire to have another companion along, my lifestyle is far too dangerous

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:27 pm 
Champion
Champion

Marilyn (II) retrieved Nettlebane for Danica Pure-Spring. She doesn't really care about Kynareth, but seeing the suffering tree reminded her of the tales about Y'ffre her mom told her when she was little, so she decided to do something about it. Besides she needs Kynareth's blessing for an Interesting NPCs quest and has little chance to get it otherwise, godforsaken criminal that she is.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:34 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Aicantar quickly earned his way into the dog house in Ansilvund. He kept shoving his talented, drop-dead-gorgeous of a wife, Sylmirie to the side in battle. He just wanted to show off to all the other mages as he killed them. And because she wasn't feeling especially healthy (damn food poisoning!), she reluctantly took a back seat and instead summoned just to keep his ass afloat. No Altmer woman should tolerate being treated that way, but its a bit difficult to chew someone out when there are restless draugr lurking about.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:23 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim Legendary
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
I was running between Ivarstead and Whiterun after having just installed a bunch of new mods, including Civil Unrest. I was a tad overwhelmed when approximately 75 NPCs were in the middle of an epic battle. The guards of Whiterun fighting a shockingly large alliance of bandit tribes. The bandits annihilated the guards, and routed me down the road. I was being chased by maybe 30 NPCs. It was hysterical.

I did something I'm not proud of. We were near the Ritual Stone. I climbed the path, devoted myself to that constellation, jumped past everyone down the hill, and resurrected the entire guard army again. They lost again, but I was able to dispatch the remaining bandits myself. So intense! I haven't enjoyed Skyrim like this in ages!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:41 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Skyrim, Oblivion
Well, if Ves thought Curalmil was tough, she had another thing coming. Temple of Miraak introduced some nice fellows like a lvl 71 Gatekeeper (Ves was 20) and a Draugr Elder Hero who were absolutely brutal. The battles were long and tedious but she did manage to win by utilizing the Become Ethereal shout, sneaking and her followers Teldryn and Frea. Though she also discovered that Teldryn is very fond of running in front of her arrows. I swear, it's like he was trying to protect the Elder Hero because he kept throwing himself between the draugr and the incoming arrow. Ves is now very happy to have found the Black Book which granted her Companion's Insight, the ability to make her follower immune to her attacks.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:59 am 
The New Number Two
The New Number Two

ES Games: Mw, Ob, Sk
CreeperX wrote:
Ves is now very happy to have found the Black Book which granted her Companion's Insight, the ability to make her follower immune to her attacks.

I also have that Insight but I still killed my last companion with a thunderbolt, so Ves should still be a bit careful

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:11 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim Legendary, ESO, Legends
Platform: PC, PS3
Other Profiles: Steam: Captain Mauin, ESO: @Mauin and @Merorzen, Legends: Mauin
Now that Wild-Like-The-Sea has finished both leveling and dungeon diving, I've decided that I can no longer postpone the main quest.

So... I loaded her up and decided to take a horse to Solitude to meet up with Malbourn. She did the usual stuff (including running down to the Stables naked) and then returned to Delphine. Of course, she was immediately sent out again to fetch Esbern. I decided to be different and persuaded Brynjolf to tell Wild where Esbern was hiding. I've never done that before.

I've stopped on Alduin's Wall. I would have continued, but I'm too tired.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:24 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Felina and Onmund made it through Forelhost in one piece. Now that dungeon session is what they like to call an adventure! Lots of gold, lots of souls to fill gems, and leveling up. :D Onmund almost died at the end when the dragon priest and his thralls scared the crap out of Felina. She almost forgot she's the Dragonborn....but then she snapped back to reality and resurrected some dead draugr to help her.

Forelhost--->Faldar's Tooth---->loads of treasure to buy skooma with.

But Felina didn't find any on her adventures this time. They went back to Windhelm, moved their family back to the marsh, and Serana moved in as a permanent member of their household. And she looks so cute in her little pink dress.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:54 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Pfff! Busy day. Just got legendary edition, so installed add ons. Wooo!
Got courer mail, cultists and vampires all in one go because of it. Ha ha.

Killed the dragon priest in Yngol's Barrow, was nice and quiet in there - just those friendly orbs following me about.
Met Mercer Frey at Snow Veil Sanctum and encountered an awful lot of higher level draugrs. Glad I had a hand with those. Met Karliah at the end and took Gallus' journal to Enthir in Winterhold.

Reported back to Farkus at the Companions, then followed Skjoll and Aela to secret Underforge, was surprised to already be doung a ritual to induct into the Circle, ive only done one quest after all. Clawed at a guard in my werewolf form and currently traipsing through Gallow's Rock killing Silver Hands.

(freed a werewolf that showed up blue/friendly with the detect life spell. It then attacked as it was not friendly. Stoopid spell.)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:06 am 
Champion
Champion

Discovered Dragontooth Crater and found it occupied by what would in vanilla Skyrim have been called a Legendary Dragon (big, ugly, purple, thick curved horns, weird eyes, "Gahn La-Haas!") - and killed it. At level 37. I so love Requiem right now.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:41 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox360
Today I discovered that what you read about a videogame online is not always true. Farore was a werewolf, and whenever given the option to become a vampire lord by Serena she decided she wanted to see what that would be like. So she gave up her gift from Hircine. After awhile she grew tired of the sun making her weary and gave up Vampirism altogether. She immediately wished for her werewolf form again but for a long time thought it impossible. Today she discovered that Aela the Huntress was glad to bestow the gift upon her once again. Shes content. :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:07 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Lucien Lechance became a mage. In the midst of an icy battle against a room full of Master Necromancers, Felina noticed her spectral friend was casting ice storm spells. He carried a staff, also in spectral form. Rather interesting--so much, in fact, that the curiosity distracted her from the battle and she nearly died from an ice spike to the head.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:34 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Skyrim: DG, HF, DB
In her maiden visit to Whiterun, Turala was looking around the Jarl's quarters for any items of interest (in the evening -- a mistake). One of the Jarl's kids called the guards on her after giving that line about a man getting some privacy. :wat: So she paid the five-septim bounty, but having only two lockpicks, decided not to try for the evidence chest immediately (potions from the Blue Palace, most importantly). Thinking to acquire more, she broke into Warmaiden's, but found neither lockpicks nor steel ingots.

While she was searching the bedroom, the doors opened, and Adrianne came in for bed. At that point, Turala was fortunately right behind one door. After failing to open the strongbox, she sneaked out to the landing, and right into Ulfberth. Thankfully, she got out fast enough.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:13 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Skyrim: DG, HF, DB
Turala cleared out Redoran's Retreat with the aid of Fury, Oakflesh, some Flames, a steel dagger, and two trigger-summoned ancestors. On the way there, she encountered the Carvains, and was addressed by Salonia as "Skyrim trash". In response, she discreetly turned the woman against her own bodyguard.
Spoiler:
Apparently he won't have the chance to be eaten by a dragon now.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:58 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PS3 PS4
Other Profiles: BuzBee3(PSN)
Felinia left the Theives Guild Hideout and went to collect ingredients for a Black-Briar. Taking Marcurio with, she decided to finish cleaning out the Giant's den in the Reach first. A cave and a grove. Yesterday they had followed an Orc Chief to help him with the Tribal Curse.
Hidden:
Damned if the Chief didn't turn on them. That's the thanks you get from an Orc?
Next stop Solitude. Felinia had a thief assignment. Completed that and added a few more houses for good measure. The invisibility perk is sure handy.
Back to collecting ingredients, they had left Solitude, and went to the nearby mill and waterway. On the way she avoided the stable, as the horses remember her and alert everyone. A guard walked by, and Felinia decided to relieve him of his dagger. She snickers at that everytime.
Finding a boat, the careless owner had left a potion which she collected, and then Marcurio and Felinia hit the water.
A million Mudcrabs later, they had enough purple flowers to get paid. Made a thousand gold for that!
Home for a 19 hour nap, in her thieves guild bed.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:47 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim Legendary
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
I turned on Realistic Needs and Diseases and Take Notes!

When my character compared Aetherius and Mundus and father and child, he got rather upset over the relationship with his, so he got to drinking before bed. He was drinking, and drinking, and took one last swig before gossiping with the barkeep at the Bannered Mare. Before he could even fail at enunciating his first word, he blacked out. His body slung forward, springing off of his bent knees, and he bashed his face into the top of a stool.

I laughed so hard.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86 ... 126  Next