UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sun Oct 13, 2024 6:22 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84 ... 126  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 'What You Did in Skyrim Today' Thread
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:49 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PS3 PS4
Other Profiles: BuzBee3(PSN)
UESPoints: 0
My cat, Felinia, wakes up in Whiterun, no idea how she got there. Heads to the Bannered Mare to see if her friends know what happened. She asks Uthgerd to follow her, and Uthgerd says, "looks like you already have someone" WTF? Wander around Whiterun, sell a few things to clear her head. Felinia decides to go back into the Bannered Mare and speak with the last person she actually remembers an interaction with, the Redguard damsel that she saved. And Low and Behold there stands Lydia, ready for battle. Felinia, pretends she meant to do that, and proceeds to Riften with Lydia in tow. So far, Felinia has had 3 proposals from women, so she wonders what vibes she is giving off...must be the purr.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:51 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, Morrowind
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 7
Felina the Imperial ;) had an interesting series of days. Serana made her a vampire so she could enter the Soul Cairn, which was beyond uncomfortable running around as an undead. People making comments, the constant urge to feed, thoughts of slaughtering entire rooms of people...Felina is now glad to be cured. It took some running around to get that soul gem filled and she accidentally showed up to the meeting with Falion being blood-starved.

So she ended up having to wait an extra day. Not the greatest week for her, poor thing. She ended up having to feed a couple times which she regrets immensely. But what's a girl to do? It also got irritating listening to Serana complain non stop about the sunlight. Uh...guess who is going through the exact same thing as you, princess. And this is all your fault, too, by the way.

Felina stayed overnight with her family since she hadn't seen them in 11 days. That was awkward. She refused to play with her kids or sleep in the same bed as Onmund. Not like she could sleep...

So glad she's cured. Although Vampire's seduction was rather fun to use at the Riften Bunkhouse. :Twisted Evil:

PS: Her last feed was at Movarth's Lair where she bled out one of their thralls. But she'd already wiped that cave clean months prior. Its understandable that other vampires filled it...but Movarth himself was alive again! :| Guess she should have chopped off his head and filled his mouth with garlic.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:15 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim Legendary, ESO, Legends
Platform: PC, PS3
Other Profiles: Steam: Captain Mauin, ESO: @Mauin and @Merorzen, Legends: Mauin
UESPoints: 1
Haven't posted here in a while, so... Let's see...

PC: A casual Nord character of mine did a bunch of dungeon diving and sorted through her collection of random junk.
PS3: My Bosmer went and met the Greybeards. A little while later, just past Ivarstead, she got attacked by a group of Cultists and is now on Solstheim. Probably isn't going to stay there, though. I had other things to do.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:59 am 
Initiate
Initiate

Caught plenty of jumping salmon. Left no stream unturned for them. Named myself the King of Roe.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:21 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Arena, Oblivion (5th Ann; PS3 + PC, GoTY; PS3), Skyrim (All Expansions; PS3)
Platform: Playstation 3, PC
After my couple of weeks/days away from the Skyrim disc I decided to play it again,

So my Nord female, Serin visited Markarth and decided to clear out the hall of the dead for a priest of Arkay.

The hall had been cleared for him and soon after, the priest couldn't stop entering a conversation with me! So I left Understone Keep and headed out of Markarth. Before the gates, Serin overheard an annoying beggar. Shot him with an arrow and paid her fine (1000 Septims and received a bang on the head). After paying, Serin was still being attacked by guards, attempting to sheathe her weapon she almost died during her endeavour of surrendering. So I paused, and quit. :|

Have to hate bounty glitches eh? The priest was all right I guess, just needed someone to speak to now his cannibal has been removed from their bedroom.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:40 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC (Morrowind, Oblivion), X360 (Skyrim)
The next morning, Delia-Jessamine Maric, Breton stealth-mage not-so-stealthily helping the Stormcloak-aligned Gray-Mane family, left Dragon Bridge with Aela. They took a different route back to Whiterun, along the southern edge of the mountains on the border of Hjaalmarch and Whiterun Holds. Jess had never been in that area before. They wanted to do some saber-cat hunting along the way. Surprisingly, Jess has taken a liking to hunting saber cats with Aela. The huntresses found and killed a couple of saber cats with their bows. They also found a ruin guarded by ghostly apparitions. They decided against investigating the ruin, and sneaked away unseen.

Soon after, Jess and Aela found a pleasant-looking cottage. It was late afternoon, so they decided to stop in to see if they could stay the night. However, the mage inside was very angry about their trespass. Jess calmed the situation, and she and Aela left peacefully. They went to Greenspring Hollow, but it was a bloody mess, unfit for sleeping. They pressed on to Whiterun and bathed in the stream outside the city walls. Instead of returning to Jorrvaskr, they decided to stay at the Bannered Mare so they could extend their affair one more night. Interestingly, Aela and Jess saw an unlikely couple leaving the Bannered Mare together. Olfina Gray-Mane and Jon Battle-Born. “You didn’t see us and we didn’t see you,” Jess said to Jon and Olfina.

Reporting back to Fralia would have to wait until morning, though, because the Auburn-FSU game was starting.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:06 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

PC: I continued with my newly created Argonian, Wild-Like-The-Sea. She went through Bleak Falls Barrow.
PS3: I continued with my Bosmer. She finished leveling her heavy armor and two-handed skills, completed The Horn of Jurgen Windcaller, and did several quests on Solstheim. She also reached level 104.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:56 am 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Morrowind (Bloodmoon, tribunal), Oblivion, Skyrim (+ HF, DB, DG)
Went from town to town, buying every iron ingot, iron ore corundum ingot and corundum ore I could find, stopping by every iron mine on the road.

boring as hell, but hopefully that will be enough to build Lakeview (greenhouse, alchemy, library) in one go.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:32 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO
UESPoints: 2
After battling trolls that dared to attack her horse, Blade mined some silver, killed some bandits, and snuck into Raldbthar. She was glad to get in out of the blizzard, and shed the skaal coat she wore for her shrouded armor. With Vigilance as a distraction, she sniped several more bandits before coating her glass arrow with Lotus Extract.

Alain Dufont was easy to kill.

She explored further into the Dwemer ruin, then decided it wasn't worth her time; she had other people to kill.

Making her way back down the mountain, killing another troll along the way, she looked out over a river and saw a run down shack. Night was falling, so she crossed the river towards the building. Inside she found a cave bear and presumably the former occupant.

She took over, skinned the bear, and slept for the night.

Wandering up the road, she encountered Kynesgrove and the inn. The innkeeper mentioned trouble, and Blade agreed to deal with Roggi. She went into the mine, and after threatening to beat some sense into him, convinced Roggi to leave off paying his debt. Feeling bad about the threat, and liking the amiable Nord, she agreed to look for his family shield.

After that, she made her way to Windhelm, where after some bartering, she delivered Nightshade to the court wizard, pickpocketed a flawless amethyst for Delvin, and snuck into Clan Shatter-Shield's home to deal with Nilsine, who oddly fell through the floor into nothingness when she died.

All in all a very productive day.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:34 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I did a bunch of Dragonborn quests with my PS3 character and explored the coast of Solstheim. My main focus has been on leveling her archery skill. It's in the 90's now.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:18 am 
The New Number Two
The New Number Two

ES Games: Mw, Ob, Sk
my mage had a crisis of perks and decided (unwisely perhaps) to make up a deficit by muffle spamming his way up the levels a bit. He is about to embark on the master alteration quest for Tolfdir which means starting the main plot, which means dragons will be aroaming the lands. So i am approaching level 50 with only about 170 health/stamina (rest in magicka lol) and will be relying wholly on magic protection, as he doesnt wear any armour.

I havent ever done this before with a character so hopefully i wont be bringing the wrath of high level monsters upon an under beefed up hero.. we'll see, i do like a challenge. Am pleasantly surprised how the game is still difficult for me, usually by now my hero would have everything under control

he's had a lot of good magic fights with all sorts of enemies - draugr wights especially

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:00 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Platform: PC, PS4/3, Xbone
I lost my old laptop just before christmas due to a motherboard failure - I've just managed to get my data transferred over to the new computer, so I've spent most of last night reinstalling Skyrim. I'm eager to see how much I can bump up visual settings on the new machine!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:30 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

So I've got Skyrim running again - looks pretty smooth now on ultra settings in Whiterun - before I was using a modified medium (no grass, no shadows). I decided to go with Gourry - he ran through a dungeon and found some book that some guy in Dawnstar asked for (he's forgotten who, but at some point the guy who asked for the book will ask him for it, right?), then spent the night in Whiterun and sold off some loot and did some smithing before setting off again for a Companions quest.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:56 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: Oblivion-Skyrim
Platform: PS3
killed sum trolls

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:11 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Oblivion, Morrowind, skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
Today I have done quite a bit. I did a little cave/dungeon searching today.

Then I went to Lakeview Manor in Falkreath and monitored the building and decorating of my house. I also started planning on getting the addition built in my house for my kids. Once everything is completed, I will move my family from Whiterun there.

I also went hunting and killed 3 elk, 5 wolves, and 1 cave bear.

After the hunt, I went home and rested, as well as eating and spending time with the family.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:23 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: Oblivion-Skyrim
Platform: PS3
Today I fought my first elder dragon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:26 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Oblivion, Morrowind, skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
I traveled to Solstheim today for the first time and met up with Miraak. I also cleansed 2 of the All-Maker Stones (Wind and Sun) and fought the annoying Lurkers (Had to fight 3 at the sun stone).

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:58 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Morrobloodtribunal, Oblivering Knights, Skydawnfireborn
UESPoints: 2
Been a while since I last posted here, and a lot has happened.

Marilyn (II) has become quite the expert draugr slayer clearing the ancient Nord ruins along the road westwards from Windhelm. After a short detour to Dawnstar (where she had to deliver a message from Anga's Mill to Jarl Skald) she turned south to the Whiterun area, ditching her follower Rumarin on the way because 1) he was funny but annoying over time and 2) I feel more immersed in combat when alone.

Soon thereafter, however, she acquired a new follower in Interesting NPC Zora Fair-Child whom she saved from imprisonment by the necromancer in Brittleshin Pass. It turned out that Zora is another friend of Marilyn's old friend Gorr and seemed worried because she hadn't seen him in a while, so Mari agreed to help Zora find him. Last place Marilyn herself had seen the man was Silver-Blood Inn, so off to Markarth it was - which fit in nicely with her own hidden plans, because she had finally made up her mind to join the Dark Brotherhood, and the Sanctuary was more or less on the way; the first meeting with her new Family (while Zora was parked at Dead Man's Drink) was warm and cordial, except for Arnbjorn who seemed to dislike her at first sight (the feeling was mutual).

Further down on the road to Markarth the two cleared Lost Valley Redoubt and recovered Hrolfdir's Shield for Jarl Igmund but were unable to return it to the jarl because Marilyn had forgotten that she's wanted for murder in Markarth and had nowhere near enough money on herself and Frost to pay the bounty (10 000,- Septim with Requiem); serving her time in Cidhna Mine wasn't an option either as everybody down there wants to kill her in revenge for killing Madanach, so she had to flee back to Whiterun where she's currently trying to raise enough money by petty theft, bounty jobs and raids on bandit camps to be able to show her face in the Reach again.

Jeder sollte einmal reisen in das schöne Vvardenfell!

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:00 am 
Warder
Warder

Delia-Jessamine Maric, Breton stealth-mage increasingly sympathetic to the Stormcloak cause:
1. Continues to have an affair with Aela but her husband is too worn out from his own affair to care.
2. Reported good news to Fralia Gray-Mane.
3. Noticed that she receives the blessing of Lover's Comfort with Aela only at Jorrvaskr.
4. Set off with Aela to search for "Shalidor's Insights" at a Nordic ruin.
5. Calmed some hostile but apologetic ghosts at the ruin.
6. Had another nonsense word burned into her mind from another strange wall.
7. Killed the person responsible for subjugating the ghosts, and then "liberated" the ghosts.
8. Has not found "Shalidor's Insights" yet.

Long version. Contains spoilers for the quests "Missing in Action" and "Rannveig's Fast".
Spoiler:
Delia-Jessamine Maric, Breton stealth-mage increasingly sympathetic to the Stormcloak cause, got her usual room at the Bannered Mare, where she and Aela extended their affair for another night. The next morning, they found Fralia Gray-Mane in the market and reported the good news: Fralia's son was free from the Thalmor and went to fight for the Stormcloaks. In appreciation, Fralia gave Jess an enchanted sword that belonged to her son. Jess graciously accepted the sword, though she has no use for it - enchanted weapons and sword-fighting aren't really her style. Later, she gave the sword to Aela.

They returned to Jorrvaskr and Jess found her husband. Torvar seems happy to be living at Jorrvaskr again. She is quite certain that he is having an affair of his own with Njada and Ria, after finding the three of them in the girls' bedroom a few days earlier. It didn't bother Jess until Njada asked sarcastically "What guidance could you offer to me?" and Jess wondered what Njada meant by that.

Oh well, Jess thought. Maybe their marriage was a mistake but neither she nor Torvar is unhappy right now. Jess and Aela stayed in Whiterun a couple more days and did not hide that they slept together in the Harbinger's room. Nobody seemed to care. Interestingly, Jess started receiving Lover's Comfort again. Only at Jorrvaskr does she receive this blessing with Aela. Odd. Maybe it is because it is close to the Temple of Kynareth, Jess thought.

They decided to investigate the Nordic ruin they found on the return to Whiterun. Some time ago, Urag had requested that Jess fetch a book, "Shalidor's Insights", and thought it might be in the area of the ruin. Jess and Aela left before dawn.

The trip to the ruin was uneventful, but upon arrival they were attacked by a ghost. The ghost said he didn't have a choice and was sorry. Jess calmed the ghost and they moved on. They encountered more hostile ghosts, all of them apologetic and claiming they had no choice but to attack. Jess calmed them, as well. Jess's Magical Mystery Map revealed that the ruin is called Rannveig's Fast. She and Aela went inside.

More aggressive, apologetic ghosts. Jess calmed them. They saw a treasure chest in front of another strange "word wall", and what appeared to be a trap. They decided not to test the trap, but the wall burned another nonsense word into Jess's mind.

"Do you know why they do that?" Jess asked Aela.
"Why what does what?" Aela replied.
"The wall... the word..."
"I don't know what you're talking about."

The chest was empty.

Continuing on, they eventually found the warlock responsible for subjugating the ghosts. Sneaking behind him, they witnessed an adventurer falling through the trap they had found earlier. The adventurer died. Jess calmed the warlock, whose name was Slid. Slid had little to say, but Jess and Aela read his journal. Slid was one messed up individual, like the serial-killing necromancer whom Jess and Brelyna had recently stopped. So Jess and Aela killed Slid.

Killing Slid did not free the ghosts from subjugation. They were still hostile. So Jess and Aela freed the ghosts another way. Nothing personal, and Jess apologized to the ghosts as she and Aela liberated them.

It was already night. They had not found "Shalidor's Insights" and realized they were probably in the wrong place. They found no beds in the ruin, so they tried to sleep on the floor for a couple of hours before giving up on sleep. They left for Whiterun in the wee hours.

Back in Whiterun, they traded, went to temple together, and then to Jorrvaskr. Torvar seemed depressed when Jess saw him, but he perked up when she spoke to him. He wasn't depressed, just very, very tired. Njada and Ria must be wearing him out. Good for him.

Jess and Aela would leave again to search for "Shalidor's Insights" the next day.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:49 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I installed Achieve That and Take Notes - Journal of the Dragonborn.

With Wild-Like-The-Sea, I continued her journey to High Hrothgar. She ran from outside of Riften to High Hrothgar, harvesting all the plants she could along the way, and then met with the Greybeards. She's currently near Whiterun and preparing for her journey to Ustengrav.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:49 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Skyrim: DG, HF, DB
Kirsild went to Falkreath for the second time in as many days, and for a second Companions quest. After dealing with the single rogue wizard, she continued west to clear Knifepoint Ridge. Having taken the direct route, she found the campsite of a fellow alchemist, and took his/her journal along with the copy of De Rerum Dirennis. She began reading the latter back in Jorrvaskr's living quarters, but decided to try something for herself before finishing the story.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:17 am 
Warder
Warder

Delia-Jessamine Maric, Breton stealth-mage on a long-delayed errand for Urag:
1. Continues questing with Aela, who has nothing better to do.
2. Found "Shalidor's Insights" and another strange wall.
3. Is increasingly obsessed with carvings in walls and music only she can hear.
4. Went after the final Gaudur amulet fragment.
5. Cleared Folgunthar without breaking a sweat.
6. Thought for a moment that Solitude might be full of vampires.

Long version. Contains spoilers for quest "Forbidden Legend".
Spoiler:
Delia-Jessamine Maric, Breton stealth-mage on a long-delayed errand for Urag, left again before dawn with Aela in search of "Shalidor's Insights". They explored near Rannveig's Fast and the pleasant cottage with the unpleasant mage, and saw a structure atop the mountain. Jess changed into her furs but Aela was unconcerned about the cold. They found a climbable route on the east side of the mountain, were attacked by frost trolls, and found another strange wall. They approached the wall.

"The music always changes around these walls," Jess said.
"Music?" Aela asked.
"Watch this," Jess said as she approached the wall, which burned another nonsense word into her mind.
"Watch what? You staring at carvings in a wall?"
"Try standing near it."
"Will do." Aela complied, but nothing happened. "Is that it? Let's look for the book."
"Fine."
"Don't get snippy," Aela said.

They found "Shalidor's Insights" in a chest near the wall and began the trek down the north face of the mountain. They followed the path until they reached Cold Rock Pass. Jess had never been through it but Aela said there was no point unless they were returning to Whiterun.

"Make a decision," Aela said. "Whiterun or Winterhold."
"I'm thinking Winterhold or Solitude. Let's stay the night in Morthal and decide there."
"Lead on."

Jess was glad that Aela was staying with her. At Morthal, she decided that Urag could wait a little longer for the book. There was another matter to deal with nearby, but they would have to return to Solitude first. The information they needed was in "Lost Legends" and Jess had left her copy at Proudspire.

Back at Proudspire the next day, Jess displayed the sword Fralia Gray-Mane gave her on a weapon rack, replacing Red Eagle's Bane. One of these days, she thought, she needs to take Red Eagle's Bane to Riften and trade it to Brand-Shei.

They went to market and to the Temple of the Divines. Jess prayed to Dibella and asked Aela to pray to Kynareth. Aela complied, whether out of politeness or sincerity was unknown to Jess, but it made her happy, regardless. Maybe someday she can convince Aela to cure her lycanthropy, too, Jess hoped.

Back at Proudspire, they reviewed "Lost Legends" and figured out where to go next. Folgunthur. After dinner, they went to bed and left again in the wee hours.

Wading through the marsh was not Jess's favorite thing to do. Outside Folgunthur, they found a camp and a journal. Hmmm. Someone else is after the Gauldur amulet, too. Jess had two of the pieces with her - would this Daynas Valen have the third already?

Inside, there were signs of trouble. Dead draugr and dead adventurers. Entering a large room, a gate slammed down separating Jess and Aela. Several draugr emerged - oh no! - but they had not seen the stealthy Jess. She frenzied them and summoned a Dremora for good measure. Soon the undead were dead, and Jess had not moved from the spot she was in when the fight began. Should have brought a chair. After much searching, Jess found the chain to open the gate. Duh. Then they found the body of Daynas Valen - at least there would be no competition. They took his notes and the Ivory Dragon Claw.

More draugr, but they weren't very powerful. Eventually, they found the draugr Mikrul Gaulderson, who was no match for Jess's magic. Jess collected the final amulet fragment, the writ of sealing, and the Gauldur Blackblade.

Exploring the room, Jess began to hear the familiar chant-like music indicating another strange wall nearby.
"You don't hear that?" Jess asked Aela.
"No."
They found the source of the music that only Jess could hear. Jess told Aela to approach the wall first this time. Aela complied.
"Anything?"
"Nothing."
Jess approached the wall and it burned another nonsense word into her mind.
"Are we going?" Aela asked.

They set off for Solitude and arrived in the wee hours. Jess was surprised by how many citizens were out and about. On a hunch, she cast Detect Life. Her hunch was wrong. Everyone around her was alive.

Jess and Aela slept at Proudspire and studied Daynas Valen's notes to figure out what to do next. Jess realized that she had done each stage of the quest with a different friend. Brelyna was at Saarthal. Torvar was at Geirmund's Tomb. And Aela was at Folgunthur.

Daynas Valen's notes revealed that the next stage of the quest would take them into The Reach. Great. Jess hates The Reach.
"You will come with me, won't you?" Jess asked Aela.
"Of course."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:49 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

When Gourry arrived at Rannveig's Fast, he came across a dog close to the entrance. It seemed friendly enough, but wouldn't listen and kept following him when he told it to stay just inside the door. The dog stayed by his side all the way through the caverns, but fell in battle when it was attacked by the Warlock Gourry had been hired to get rid of. He got lost on the way back to Whiterun and arrived late that night. After a big meal and a drink in honor of his fallen comrade, he rented in a room and reported in to Jorrvaskr the next morning.

Next job is to go looking for some piece of something with Farkas as some kind of test.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:08 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Wild-Like-The-Sea returned the Horn of Jurgen Windcaller to the Greybeards. After that, she did some crafting (working on smithing and enchanting. Smithing isn't a problem, but I don't have any soul gems left for enchanting. I'm going to have to sell my potions and buy some soul gems) and then set out to explore.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:14 am 
The New Number Two
The New Number Two

ES Games: Mw, Ob, Sk
Lydia was starting to get annoyed and hitting me with the "I am sworn to carry your burdens" line when i give her stuff to carry, but when we were attacked by the dragon in blackreach i killed it, absorbed it's soul and also healed her (she was very beaten up and smoking slightly), and since then she's a lot happier with me. She carries the Axe of Whiterun for me (which is an ebony battleaxe in this game lol) and also has dual fireball staves, which i have to be careful about but is cool

i also boosted my alteration with telekinesis.
In 31 minutes i earned 3 new perks, am now 58th level. He's my last-chance-to-do-the-stuff-your-other-chracters-didn't-get-round-to-doing character as i plan to go next gen in a few weeks

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84 ... 126  Next