UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sun Oct 13, 2024 10:21 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 126  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 'What You Did in Skyrim Today' Thread
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:47 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, Morrowind
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 7
After dropping Esbern off in Riverwood, Felina and her posse came across Deep-In-His-Cups, claiming that she owed him 10,000 gold for going into a bandit camp and getting Sanguine's hat. A respectable feat, she thought to herself, even though she couldn't remember a lick of that blacked out drunken/drugged filled night with the lord of debauchery. And unfortunately for him she only carried 68 gold, since she spent X amount on skooma and moon sugar.

He didn't like her answer so he attacked her. But being the sweetheart that she is, she cast a calm spell on him. And when he turned around to walk away...SLICE.

Spoiler:
Lydia: "Was it necessary to perform such an operation in front of everyone? Some of us didn't
want to see that. And now his blood is all over me. Nice work, my thane." <-- sarcasm

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:22 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO
Platform: PC, PS4/3, Xbone
UESPoints: 0
Dalvus has had an eventful week.

He said farewell to his friend Benor, and invited his new housecarl, Argis the Bulwark, to take his place. They spent a couple of days at Heljarchen Hall, smithing, enchanting and creating a new stock of potions and then headed off for Labyrinthian along with Faendal and Erandur. It was a long hard slog but they were eventually successful in retrieving the staff of magnus. Argis seemed to be getting on well with Faendal and Erandur, they didn't start fighting amongst themselves the entire time.

They immediately headed for the College of Winterhold, saving it from Ancano in the nick of time. Dalvus was honored to accept the position of Arch-Mage, and celebrated by treating himself to some new spells. The quartet set off again, heading south towards Riften, helping a couple in Ivarstead get together on the way and stopped by the Temple of Mara to turn the quest in. That was when Dalvus proposed to Argis, who accepted. The wedding was pretty emotional. Erandur kept a modest distance on the left side of the temple, while Faendal stood and sulked by the door. As the newlyweds were leaving, Erandur thanked Dalvus for bringing him to the temple of Mara.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:41 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim, Online
My dark elf, Amara, decided to go on a hunting trip with her follower Faendal so as to gather pelts for making fur armor for both of them. The trip got delayed quite a bit, because it was raining, and thanks to Frostfall it's not a smart idea to go out into the tundra in the rain.

So she spent one day hanging around Whiterun, finishing up a few minor quests. Then she went exploring the city a bit, ending up in the Hall of the Dead where she met a priest of Arkay who's misplaced his amulet. She got it back for him, which involved taking out a few skeletons.

She went out of the city later to set up her camp in the tundra. The weather was still bad when she got up the next morning, but the Khajiit caravan had arrived, and she did some trading with them. She then hung out in her tent until she ran out of firewood and had to go back into town to get more.

And guess what? As soon as she entered the city, the damn weather cleared up. She went to chop some more wood, and as the day was wasted anyway, she played hide and seek with the children. Then it was back to camping in the tundra.

The next day she finally got to hunting. She shot two elks, three or four wolves and skinned two sabrecats who'd been taken out by a mammoth. Now both she and Faendal have themselves some nice fur armor.

On her way back to Whiterun she came across an unmarked bandig camp which she cleared. She collected the loot and went back to the city, camped outside to wait for the shops to open, and sold her loot at the Drunken Huntsman and Belethor's.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:15 pm 
Lord of the Shivering Isles

ES Games: Oblivion:GOTY, Skyrim:Legendary edition
Platform: PS3.
UESPoints: 12
Aejiri had a relatively quiet day today. She was confused when people told her she looked ill despite not feeling it. Then procceed to sleep for an idea day at the inn in rorikstead. She felt like [&@%!] and drank a cure disease potion. Unknownst to her, the vampires had almost turned her. She discovered taht she sold a goat to a giant a few nights after whilst being utterly wasted and retrieved it. After [&@%!] off the giant and tried to get the guards to kill it. It gave up chasing her in the town after a few minutes. She got a bit lost after discovering lod's hut and took all of the books as well as eating the fresh apples. Everything else was moldy. She fled from a saber cat after it started kicking her arse.

It wasn't untill evening she finally returned to Whiterun. The following day, she made a lot of potions and sold them. She spent a few hours enchanting a lot of things and purchased a few spells. Then sold the enchanted bits. She kept one of the rings after using a grand soul gem with a grand soul to enchant it. She has an extra 24 points in magicka. Now, she is just in Breezehome and doing a bit of decorating.

She is also thinking of joining the college of winterhold due to her summons being of little useless.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:49 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games: oblivion, skyrim
Platform: xbox 360/one
UESPoints: 14
Continued my night journey from Windhelm, riding the stolen horse to Ivarstead to retrieve the final item for Wylandriah.

It seemed to take a long time to ride there. I was unsure of the way, so stopped to read signposts for directions. I was almost at Ivarstead as morning came, but I decided to have a little jaunt off track. I came upon a Rift Watchtower, where I had to dismount to kill some bandits there. I had a quick look round the tower and had to deal with a group of disgusting Frostbite spiders that showed up too. I miss aimed my Kyne's peace shout, but eventually dispensed of them using fireballs.
All this action took a short while and in the meantime my thieved horse had wandered off.

I sprinted back to the road to try and catch up with it. Some guy wanted help getting back to his camp, but I was hot on the equine trial, so I just left him waiting.
I sprinted for quite a while before deciding to give up the hunt and head back toward Ivarstead. I took a wrong path at a fork in the road, and ended up at Shor's Stone, but as a bit of luck, the horse was travelling back home via that route, so I popped on and rode him finally to Ivarstead.

It had taken a whole day to get there, due to my lack of route knowledge, but at last I got Wylandriah's wooden spoon from the farm.
I then started the journey to Riften to give her the items. I had to pay off the Ivarstead guard twice for 'stealing' my horse, which was annoying seeing as I stole it in Windhelm. It was only 50 gold though.
After a nice ride through the golden trees of the rift (marred somewhat by the spiders), I arrived at Riften as evening arrived.
After the absence of the stable master in Windhelm, I decided to buy a horse at the stables here. I now own a fine looking dappled brown and white specimen. No more running down the road after stolen ones!

I entered Riften, where yet another Imperial/Riften guards fight was a go. Where do the guards keep popping out from?
Wylandriah got her items back (she forgot she asked me to get them though) and I got 4 scrolls as a reward.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:03 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Glitched hard last night and froze several times so didn't get much done. Ran from Whiterun to Markarth and then to Solitude to sell off loot. I've stopped looting all but the most expensive items and, while that helps with my encumbrance, it can be difficult to find places that can afford to buy what I have in my inventory.

Ran back to Whiterun from Solitude, fought two dragons and hunted game along the way. Sold some hides in Whiterun and then returned home to Heljarchen before heading to another source of power. I accidentally shouted Ice Form at some Thalmor while I was trying to sprint towards them (X-Box....wrong bumper) outside of Fort Greymoor and that caused a "disturbance." So a friend suggested that I check this particular place out. Can't recall the name, but it is just to the northeast of Heljarchen in the hills and near two different lifts that access Blackreach. I want to head down there, as I posted previously, for the Falmor blood and Crimson Nirnroot. So this trip will hopefully serve a double purpose.

Plan from there, probably head back to Solstheim. Miraak has been dealt with, but there are several other quests left undone that I can manage.

Speaking of Miraak, his gear looks good on display in my house.

Oh, speaking of Fort Greymoor, there is (or was) a body in a cage hanging outside of the main gate. Being a devious Orc, I cast Revenant on it just to see if it would work. It did. I had a little chuckle and then ran on towards Markarth. I didn't even look back. Well, two of those Vigilant personages come running at me from the direction I'm headed with swords out and spells thrown towards me. I had no idea why.....until the guy from the cage came running by me to attack them.

I honestly didn't think he'd get out. My bad.

Last edited by AKB on Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Double Post

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:03 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC (Morrowind, Oblivion), X360 (Skyrim)
Delia-Jessamine Maric, Breton stealth-mage and moderately lazy dragon priest slayer:
1. Did some house-cleaning and went to the market. Very exciting.
2. Wore her skimpy dress to the Ragged Flagon and donated Linwe's Armor to the Thieves Guild.
3. Doesn't want Rahgot's mask in her house, so she returned it.
4. Found another strange billboard at Lost Tongue Overlook.

Spoiler:
The next day, Delia-Jessamine Maric, Breton stealth-mage and moderately lazy dragon priest slayer, did some house-cleaning at Honeyside. It was time to purge some stuff: Spare potions, unwanted ingredients, extra copies of books, low value jewelry, unfilled soul gems (she never soul traps anymore) - it had to go. She also came across Linwe's Armor, a trophy from a Thieves Guild job, and had an idea what to do with it.

And then there was the new junk she acquired at Forelhost, including rare items such as Rahgot's mask, a dragon priest staff, some dragon priest daggers, and a suit of ancient Nord armor.

To the market!

For this trip, Jess changed into her most revealing dress.

She traded the dragon priest daggers and ancient Nord armor to Brand-Shei, since he advertises rare trinkets, but never seems to have any rare items for sale. The other low value junk went to the appropriate merchants.

She slipped into the Ratway and to the Ragged Flagon. She hadn't been there since she was deemed out of her mind for trying to save their souls for Mara. Tonilia bought the dragon priest staff and a staff of Paralysis.

Then came the reason Jess wore her skimpy dress: She was going to see Brynjolf and wanted him to regret shunning her. In the Cistern, Jess saw Brynjolf, who for whatever reason still wants nothing to do with her, but Jess made a gesture of goodwill by "donating"* Linwe's Armor to the guild - a symbol of overcoming a rival gang. On the way out, she took another long look at the statue of Nocturnal, but did not pray.

(*and by "donating", I mean "placing it in a respawning container so the game will get rid of it.")

Back in the Ratway, Jess changed into her blacksmithing apron and went to the Scorched Hammer to make a new steel sword for Torvar, since his Skyforge sword had been lost during the fight against Rahgot and his minions. It will have to do until they see Eorland again.

Rahgot's mask was a problem. Jess didn't want to keep the hideous thing in her house, but didn't want to sell it either. What to do? Ultimately, it was decided to return the mask to Forelhost. So the next morning, Jess and Torvar went back and placed the mask back in Rahgot's tomb. They looked again for Torvar's Skyforge sword, but couldn't find it.

Afterward, Jess and Torvar did some more exploring in the area. They were attacked by some deer and a sabre cat - must be a spriggan nearby. Yep... spriggan. Then they saw another ruin - Lost Tongue Overlook. There they killed a necromancer, but were too late to save his prisoners. But they found another strange wall that burned another indecipherable word into Jess's mind, but not into Torvar's.

Why? What are these walls? What is their purpose? Who built them?

On the way back, they found Crystaldrift Cave, but didn't enter. It was getting late in the afternoon. They re-entered familiar turf near Snow-Shod Farm, and it suddenly got very foggy as night arrived.

Last edited by Snail's Pace on Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:09 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Morrobloodtribunal, Oblivering Knights, Skydawnfireborn
UESPoints: 2
Marilyn and Sapphire cleared Lost Knife Hideout for Brunvulf Free-Winter and celebrated their victory by getting dead drunk on the mead and ale the bandits had left behind. All inhibitions washed away by the booze, they ended up sharing a bedroll next to the bar and making hot sapphic love (pun intended), followed by an enjoyable morning bath in the little lake just outside the cave. They then set out for Windhelm to collect their reward from Brunvulf, but when they reached the city Marilyn was in for a nasty surprise: waiting for her in front of the city gates was the dead and mutilated body of the elf lady who used to work at the stables, flanked left and right by stone-faced guards who glowered at Mari accusingly. The corpse showed the unmistakable handiwork of the Butcher whom she had helped arrest when she last was in Windhelm - or so she had believed up to now. Her feelings in this situation are best summed up by the word "oops".

Jeder sollte einmal reisen in das schöne Vvardenfell!

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:37 pm 

Aejiri travelled to Winterhold. She almost died on the war and killed a dragon on the war. After deciding to take care of it due to it posing a potential threat. It was flying around it's lair. She killed Moira and retrieved Ysolda's wedding ring, out of self defence. She bought a horse and ended up losing it to the nercomages in the fort that is just near the town of Winterhold. She also has a fever thanks to the wolves and joined the COW. She is currently in saarthal.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:20 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Dalvus and co. headed back towards Heljarchen Hall, stopping to recruit a few people for the Dawnguard along the way. No sooner than they arrived when an Elder Dragon attacked! Damn, they know where he lives? Between Dalvus' three followers and his housecarl, the dragon went down quickly, as did a group of bandits who tried to take advantage of the distraction. The dragon's bones now decorate the smithing area outdoors.

That done, he asked his loyal friend Faendal to be his Steward. Faendal was happy to accept. Next, he told Erandur that he and Argis wanted to go adventuring alone for a while, but he was free to hang around Heljarchen until they return.

That done, they set off and recovered the Jagged Crown for the Imperials.It went pretty smoothly but Dalvus is still getting used to the new spells he learned on his last trip to Winterhold. Lastly, on the way to retun the jagged crown, they stopped to spread Mara's gift of love to the jarl's mage in Markarth.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:59 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Amara went back out into the tundra to hunt and earn some bounty for killing the bandits at Redoran's Retreat.

On her way she came across an ore vein and realized that she had forgotten to purchase a pickaxe back in Whiterun. Being far into the tundra already, she decided to carry on. Hunting didn't go too well either, as there was no game around at first, and when she finally found some deer, her shots tended to miss. At about that time, she noticed that she hadn't just forgotten to get a pickaxe - she'd also forgotten to craft new arrows, meaning that she was now down to five.

She decided to go into Redoran's Retreat nonetheless, to see whether the task would be doable even without proper gear - and that was when things began to look better for her. She took out the bandit and the watchdog in the first room with two one-hit kills (both with killcams). Lucky for her, the bandit was an archer, which solved her arrow problem. She then took out the rest of the bandits, looted the cave and spent the night sleeping on the bandits' bedroll.

The next morning she went back to Whiterun to sell her loot, collect the bounty and buy some spells from Farengar. She got another bounty quest from Hulda, smithed some iron arrows and went back into the tundra to camp there.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:48 am 
Guardian
Guardian

ES Games: Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim
Other Profiles: perylousdemon (Steam)
Anika spared Paarthurnax, defeated Alduin (who was still a pushover despite my attempts to improve him with the CK), and headed off to Solstheim to investigate this Miraak character who keeps sending his cultists to kill her. I left her standing in his temple in front of a pedestal with a large black book sitting on it. I was just too tired to bother with it tonight. :|

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:20 am 

Aejiri discovered a strange orb under saarthal. She returned to the COW and informed the archmage after helping herself to Jirik's staff. She allowed Brelyna to practise on her and the two agreed to never speak of the spell again. She got curious about the statue near Winterhold and ended up fighting a bear, a few wolves and a dragon on the way. She discovered it was a shrine to Azure and agreed to help her due to her believing she would get rewarded.

She got lost and ended up in a dwemer ruin after climbing down a hole. She has had her first encounter with the falmer and hates them. She also ran away in fear when she saw the frostbite spiders.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:14 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Today a minor miracle happened - the screwed up Civil War questline unscrewed itself for no reason. I was travelling along the north coast and decided to spend the night in the Pale Imperial Camp. And since I was there, I decided to try and see if the Legate had anything to say for a change. To my great surprise she did and now I'm off to kill some Stormcloaks. :D I will have to go grab the imperial armor from my house though, it doesn't feel right to go on Imperial Legion missions in a Warchief gear. But that means that Magg gra-Ugash has a decent chance to actually do everything I planned for her. :)

Rule #137: Always waste time when you don't have any.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:29 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Gourry Gabriev arrived in Whiterun and after talking around with the locals for a bit, decided to go check out the Companions. He talked to most of the people there about what the Companions were and why they joined, but he forgot what they told him. They're basically a group of mercenaries, right? That sounded like his kind of work. He asked Kodlak if he could join up, and after a bit of sparring, he was accepted and given his first job. He celebrated by treating himself to a big meal and then set off the next morning after stopping by Warmaiden's to sharpen his sword and reinforce his armour.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:52 pm 

Aejiri fought her way through the something pit in Winterhold. She found a fort and barely managed to kill all of the bandits inside. She was hungry so she ate their food. I almost restarted the game due to the very, very infuriating killcam abusing bandit chief. One hit on Aejiri and the bugger used a kill cam. She wasn't even near the half way mark on the health bar. She then made her way back to Whiterun although she didn't know it. She has decided that she'll use the carriages when she returns to winterhold as the past few (ingame)days have not been kind to her. Also pushed the boundaries of my roleplaying rules and now have to make sure that i don't do that again.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:57 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, Morrowind
UESPoints: 7
Felina committed a truly wicked act today. While roaming around the Reach with Lydia, they came across an Orc stronghold. Unlucky for them, the tiny Dovahkiin was feeling the itch for killing. She couldn't resist, and so she slaughtered them all to satiate the dragon's bloodthirsty calls for power within her. She could feel remorse if she allowed herself to...but at least she sent their souls to Sithis.
Spoiler:

After that, I was somewhat turned off and played my Altmer mage instead. :|

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:23 pm 

:shock: I knew Felina was evil but not that evil! Why did she kill them for no reason? She could have just picked on a bunch of bandits.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:45 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Amara sniped her way through Bleak Falls Barrow today, then went back to Whiterun and had her first dragon fight.

Her follower Faendal decided to glitch in a manner that turned out to be quite funny: On the way from Bleak Falls Barrow to Riverwood he suddenly disappeared. I wasn't worried about that, since I've had followers disappear in that area before. They usually show up if I hang around the bridge out of Riverwood for a while; I think they just take another route than my character does.

Not so with Faendal, though. After a while I got tired of waiting and went into the Riverwood Trader without him. And guess who I find inside? Faendal. Must have run off on Amara to spend some time with his beloved Camilla. :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:35 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, TESO, Blades
Platform: PC, Xbox 360
Other Profiles: GonsalvoCordova, YazdigerdIV
Dark Heart wrote:
My dark elf, Amara, decided to go on a hunting trip with her follower Faendal so as to gather pelts for making fur armor for both of them. The trip got delayed quite a bit, because it was raining, and thanks to Frostfall it's not a smart idea to go out into the tundra in the rain.

So she spent one day hanging around Whiterun, finishing up a few minor quests. Then she went exploring the city a bit, ending up in the Hall of the Dead where she met a priest of Arkay who's misplaced his amulet. She got it back for him, which involved taking out a few skeletons.

She went out of the city later to set up her camp in the tundra. The weather was still bad when she got up the next morning, but the Khajiit caravan had arrived, and she did some trading with them. She then hung out in her tent until she ran out of firewood and had to go back into town to get more.

And guess what? As soon as she entered the city, the damn weather cleared up. She went to chop some more wood, and as the day was wasted anyway, she played hide and seek with the children. Then it was back to camping in the tundra.

The next day she finally got to hunting. She shot two elks, three or four wolves and skinned two sabrecats who'd been taken out by a mammoth. Now both she and Faendal have themselves some nice fur armor.

On her way back to Whiterun she came across an unmarked bandig camp which she cleared. She collected the loot and went back to the city, camped outside to wait for the shops to open, and sold her loot at the Drunken Huntsman and Belethor's.

Thanks for that. Nice bit of roleplaying. I am scared of Frostfall, but may give it a try.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:16 am 

Today, Aejiri returned home to Whiterun. She ate a lot of food and sold a lot of stuff. She returned to Winterhold the following day and learned some new spells. After practising her Illusion magic for most of the day, she spoke to Urag about what he needed. She also cleansed the focal points. The following day, she decided to make her way towards Windhelm and asked Brelyna if she fancied coming with her. The dunmer agreed and they travelled. By the end of the day, the two women had met Saguine and ended back in Whiterun. Now, they are currently on their way to fellglow keep.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:31 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Morrobloodtribunal, Oblivering Knights, Skydawnfireborn
UESPoints: 2
Marilyn's life has been quite eventful these past days. With a little help from her former main suspect, our heroine (who is a lot more efficient at committing murder herself than investigating the crimes of others) at long last managed to rectify her error and catch and dispatch the true Butcher of Windhelm. The jarl's steward was quite pleased and promised that the guards would be a little more lenient with her in the future; Marilyn being Marilyn, she had to test this promise by killing Rolff Stone-Fist in front of Candlehearth Hall, and behold! it worked. :Twisted Evil:

Another thing she wanted to do while in Windhelm was bring Aventus Aretino the news of a certain proverbially kind old lady's demise. The boy was overjoyed and rewarded her with an heirloom of his family before heading back to Honorhall, but Marilyn had resolved to accept no payment for a deed she had done out of compassion with another orphan, so she put it back into a drawer in the residence and left a sizable sum of septims along with it to provide for Aventus when he came of age - an act of genuine kindness most untypical for her, but the boy's grim determination reminded her so much of her own urchin days, she simply couldn't take money for helping him.

Her business in Whiterun concluded, it was goodbye to Sapphire for the time being, as she was homesick for Riften while Marilyn was bound for Whiterun, but I'm sure the two shall travel together again sooner or later.

On her way to Whiterun Marilyn had two ominous encounters. Stopping at Mixwater Mill to investigate rumours of squatters (Interesting NPCs quest), she came across a former assassin of the Dark Brotherhood who was on the run from his former Family after killing a customer instead of the target; he warned her urgently against joining the Brotherhood and seemed in fear of somebody called "Astrid", a name he only spoke in a whisper. Now Marilyn had up to then never even considered becoming a professional assassin, although she takes pride and pleasure in her ability to kill swiftly and stealthily, but the hunted man made her wonder what she's got herself into by granting Aventus's plea to the Night Mother - especially as a courier ran up to her the moment she stepped out of the building and handed her a mysterious note with the two words "We know". :shock:

She was soon to find out. Having arrived in Whiterun and performed an effortless numbers job at the at the stables she booked her usual room at the Mare, had supper and went to sleep, only to awake with a huge headache in a derelict shack in the middle of nowhere in the company of a masked woman and three bound prisoners. No need to go into the gruesome details, but in the end Marilyn was given instructions how to access the Brotherhood's sanctuary if she is so inclined - which will be a tough decision for her; on one hand she's quite curious to find out more about this shadowy Family, on the other the ex-assassin's warning resonates strongly in her mind, and on the third hand - well, don't tell Sapphire, but that masked woman had a helluva sexy voice. :wink:

Jeder sollte einmal reisen in das schöne Vvardenfell!

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:38 pm 

Today, Aejiri rescued Orthorn and killed the Caller. Then recovered the books. She then found Azure's star and now intends on getting a book for Urag in Redoran's redoubt. She is still travelling with Brelyna and the pair are starting to get along well. Also, it seems today is Let's kill Aejiri day as she was attacked by a few people along the way. Oh and Skyrim is starting to freeze on me. Froze 4 times today. :(

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:09 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PS3 PS4
Other Profiles: BuzBee3(PSN)
Ursula and Frank are back at it. Both leveled up one.
Ursula took Erik and went to check out a new location, indicated on the map.While looking for it they had to return to a previous Dragon lair, and kill said Dragon. In the rift, it took forever to find the entance to the new place, but it was kind of a let down. This was the Ruins of Rkund. We fast traveled to a nearby cave, infested by Trolls and bears outside, then searched for this place. Also discovered, a Stendarr camp and Forelhost. So, busy, busy. Pretty sure she died at least once. In the rift, near the Dawnguard fort a Breton riding a horse attacked us. He was toast. A courier had his message read pickpocket style and we found treasure there.
Back to Forelhost story, this is a Drauger infested place, but a guy asked for help, and he was wearing Stormcloak officer garb, so of course we oblieged.
Spoiler:
I thought he was the wrong color for a Stormcloak, kinda jaundiced and was right, as we exited the upper door, we could see/hear Captain Valmir talking to an imperial guard re: the treasure WE were after, and trying to get him involved. Naturally we made our way down to investigate these two and they attacked. Easily defeated, after the inside of this place...these two were toast. Anyway, in Ursula's Revenge fashion, capt. Valmir had his clothes removed and his body Unrelenting forced, and added to the campfire, with some fire fingers on top. Erik was asked to wait, while this unsavory act took place.
Then they went home and changed into something more comfortable.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:22 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC (Morrowind, Oblivion), X360 (Skyrim)
Delia-Jessamine Maric, Breton stealth-mage and explorer of The Rift:
1. Explored Crystaldrift Cave, found a much-wanted book, and a staff to trade with Brand-Shei.
2. Visited Largashbur, returned with some ingredients for Atub, and escorted Chief Yamarz to Fallowstone Cave.
3. Told Yamarz to fight the giant himself, which didn't go well for him.
4. Fought - and killed - a giant for the first time.
5. Returned with Shagrol's Warhammer, and left Volendrung with the Orcs.
6. Did some alchemy and fell into Riften's canal while out trading.
7. Explored a beautiful area in the northern Rift. Found a shack and the Rift Watchtower.
8. Cleared Snapleg Cave of various nasties even though it wasn't technically her problem.
9. Found Nilheim but nothing of interest.
10. Killed a troll that she once had to run for her life from, and spent the night in Ivarstead.

Long version:
Spoiler:
The next day after trading in the market, Delia-Jessamine Maric, Breton stealth-mage and explorer of The Rift, went back to Crystaldrift Cave with Torvar. Along the way, they were surprised and attacked by a scavenger. Jess doesn't like that Imperials and Stormcloaks are skirmishing so close to Riften. At the cave, they found a dead wood elf and his staff - Brand-Shei will be happy to trade for it. Happily, Jess also found a much wanted book, volume 2 of a series she wants to finish.

They continued exploring past Darklight Tower, which Jess had visited before. They paid a visit to the Orc stronghold Largashbur. Jess had never been to an Orc stronghold, but assumed she would be accepted because of the help she had given Urag at the College. However, it remained to be seen if the Orcs had gotten the word that Jess is "blood-kin".

The Orcs were under attack by a giant. Jess and Torvar helped kill the giant but were too late to save several Orcs (including Ugor). She spoke to the Orc mage Atub, who requested a Daedra heart and some troll fat for a ritual that would presumably help to break a curse from Malacath. Jess agreed to help the Orcs. Ironically, she had just sold all of her troll fat while housecleaning, but had seen a troll nearby and was planning to kill it anyway. She had some Daedra hearts at home.

She returned with the ingredients the next day, and soon found herself escorting Chief Yamarz to Fallowstone Cave with Torvar. It was odd to see an Orc chief running through the streets of Riften. When a guard noticed the unusual visitor, Jess shrugged her shoulders - "Long story," she said and ran after the Orc. Between Riften and Fallowstone, they got into a wild fracas that included 3 bears, 2 bandits, a hunter, a mage, Yamarz, herself, and Torvar. They were unable to save the hunter.

At Giant's Grove, Yamarz tried to bargain with Jess to kill the giant for him, but Jess declined. This was his fight, not hers. It soon turned into her fight though, as the giant Shagrol killed the chief with one hit and sent him flying. Jess and Torvar had to kill the giant - the first time Jess has fought a giant.

Exiting the cave, some "soldiers" made the mistake of demanding tribute from Jess. Jess collected their weapons but left the armor on the bodies.

They returned Shagrol's Warhammer to Largashbur, and the curse was lifted. The giant's warhammer turned into the Daedric warhammer Volendrung, which Jess took inside the longhouse to show Atub. She left Volendrung there.

The next day, Jess did some alchemy and sold some of her custom potions to Elgrim. She also fell into the canal. How embarrassing.

A guard mentioned hagravens at Snapleg Cave. Jess wan't sure if that is her problem or Eastmarch's, but it is close enough to her friends at Darkwater Crossing that she decided to take care of the problem, anyway.

The next morning, Jess and Torvar left to try to find Snapleg Cave. This took Jess into a beautiful area of The Rift she had not been in before. They found a shack with a couple of bandits and a dog. They killed the bandits, and Torvar was attacked by the dog and killed it before Jess could calm it.

Above the shack were some amazing hills with no snow, despite being high above the snowy mountains in the distance. The views were spectacular. They found the Rift Watchtower. Jess told Torvar to hide while she crept near to get a look. She lured the guard away from the door by throwing a loaf of bread at him and made herself invisible to slip inside. As she suspected, the occupants were bandits. She sniped two with her poisoned bow, and Torvar entered the fight when the guard was alerted.

At Sarethi Farm, Jess was back in familiar territory. She and Torvar returned to the shack for the night.

The next morning, they found Snapleg Cave - actually Jess almost fell into it, when she began sliding down the slope above and couldn't stop. Snapleg Cave contained the expected nasties plus some hostile witches. They found a spriggan in a locked cage and left it alone.

On the way to Ivarstead, they found Nilheim and its guards, but nothing of interest (I know that there is an associated mini-quest, but I didn't see the guy that triggers it until after Jess walked past him, so I left it alone).

Just north of Ivarstead, Jess easily killed a troll that had killed a couple of Stormcloaks. How far she has come. She remembers running for her life from that same troll not long after coming to Skyrim.

They made it to Ivarstead, bathed in the river, and enjoyed some music, food, and wine before turning in for the night.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 126  Next