UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2024 12:28 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 126  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 'What You Did in Skyrim Today' Thread
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:13 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PS3 PS4
Other Profiles: BuzBee3(PSN)
UESPoints: 0
Aarah wrote:
Went to get three misplaced items belonging to the absent minded court mage in Riften, Wylandriah.
Found her soul gem in Windhelm first, then wanted to buy a horse at the stables, so waited around for 2 hours for the stable master, but he was nowhere to be found. I resorted to my usual thievery of the horse instead, and rode to Winterhold, where I found her ingot in The Frozen Hearth.

Rode back to Windhelm as evening fell, as it was enroute to Ivarstead for the final item. Got to Windhelm stables at 8pm, when the borealis was bright overhead. I thought the stable owner would be home for sure at this time, but alas, he was still absent.
I think he must have be killed in a dragon attack or something, as it seemed odd that he was gone all day. I shall have to purchase a horse elsewhere, unfortunately.

I also took Jordis, the housecarl from Solitude, to Delphine to be recruited into the blades and drank a potion made by Esbern from dragon bone and scale, which gave me the Dragon Infusion perk. Now I have 25% damage resistance to dragon melee attacks. I tend to not fight dragons up close very often, but it is nice to have the perk if the occasion calls for it.

Does that mean you killed Parthnaax? Seriously. Or can you get Esbern to cooperate w/o killing him?

Ursula worked on Armor for followers. Currently employing Erik (he is her long lost brother) Erik now wears Enchanted Dragon Armor and Ebony Boots and Gauntlets. He put away the circlet and now has an Orchish helmet, so off they went. Discovered several new places killed a few Dragons, ran into Miraak again.(gotta take care of that guy) Then old Ursula went to the face changer where she changed her makeup, had her eyebrows done, then the biggie; Tatoo removed. She then noticed her hair has turned from Black to Grey and my god that last Saber Cat attack did a number on the left cheek. No one even noticed (typical men). Ended the journey back at Heljarchen Hall, where she saved out on the upper porch, Ursula, Erik and Vorstag (in loincloth as usual)Sun shining as all is as well as can be expected there.

Edited for double posting.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:10 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion & Skyrim
Platform: PS3
Mattius Lex escaped Helgen after a dragon attack with Ralof. But since he's a proud imperial he killed Ralof's family, but sadly Ralof escaped.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:03 am 
Guardian
Guardian

ES Games: Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim
Platform: PC
Other Profiles: perylousdemon (Steam)
Ajiran killed Alduin and wondered what all the fuss was about. His supposed lackeys were more of a challenge. Ah, well. At least the world won't be eaten anytime soon.

Meanwhile, Zhalira the Khajiit vampire thief and assassin escaped from Helgen with Ralof, though she would have much preferred to escape on her own. On her way to Riverwood, she cleared out a small bandit camp and looted the pitiful amount of gold from the Talos shrine. Then she killed a cave bear that had been attacking Talsgar the Wanderer, and then Talsgar himself because she hates bards. Sven met the same fate (yay, console), as did Hjoromir--one of the more annoying NPCs added to Riverwood by Interesting NPCs. Cleared out Embershard Mine and Bleak Falls Barrow. Fun fact: the perk Trick Shot (added by the console) actually does disarm enemies. And now Zhalira has shacked up at Anise's cabin for the time being (after killing the "defenseless" old woman, of course).

Last edited by perylousdemon on Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:37 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games: oblivion, skyrim
Platform: xbox 360/one
UESPoints: 14
Ursula_Melaninbjork wrote:
Does that mean you killed Parthnaax? Seriously. Or can you get Esbern to cooperate w/o killing him?

No, I didnt kill Parthunaax. It was the dragon at Eldersblood Peak that initiated the message to visit Esbern. Then he just asked me to bring him one dragon bone and scale, from which he made the potion.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:29 pm 
Lord of the Shivering Isles

ES Games: Oblivion:GOTY, Skyrim:Legendary edition
Platform: PS3.
UESPoints: 12
Aejiri's been a busy woman. She cleared Liteah's deep after looting Brittleshin pass and purchased Breezehome. She is very proud to have a home but does wish that Lydia would not stay in her bedroom all of the time as it can be a bit uncomfortable for her when she gets ready for bed. She is currently chopping wood to make some Septims due to Breezehome costing her all of septims, and the upgrades. She didn't pick the dining hall as it's pointless to her, at the moment. Oh and she took an arrow to the head. And survived. Yeah.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:15 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC (Morrowind, Oblivion), X360 (Skyrim)
Delia-Jessamine Maric, Breton stealth-mage and explorer of The Rift:
1. Tempered a fur cuirass for herself and enchanted some new jewelry for Iona
2. Explored SE of Riften with Torvar.
3. Killed a couple of Black-Briar mercenaries in self defense.
4. Continues to avoid picking locks when her husband is around.
5. Saw some interesting structures and a burning house.

Long version
Spoiler:
The next morning, Jess went to see Anuriel for more work. There was none, so Jess would have to find some trouble on her own. After trading in the market, Jess tempered a fur cuirass to wear in the really cold parts of Skyrim. It was fortunate she had one stored away.

Back at Honeyside, she tried on her fur armor, and somehow knew it looked good on her. She also enchanted some new jewelry for Iona, a gold sapphire ring and a gold ruby necklace. She gave both of them the usual effects of Fortify Health and Magic Resistance.

The next morning, Jess decided to take Torvar and explore a part of the Rift she had never been in, past Broken Helm Hollow. The trek down there was mostly uneventful. They saw a man and a woman warning them away from a small ruin, but Jess thought that they might just be angry that their privacy had been invaded, so she and Torvar moved on.

They saw a large house and walked up to it. It was Black-Briar Lodge. Suddenly, she and Torvar were under attack. Torvar killed both mercenaries with his Skyforge sword before Jess could even fire a shot. Impressive. The fact that they had just killed a couple of Black-Briar hirelings was not lost on Jess, so they got out of there quickly.

They approached the Morrowind border and were attacked by an angry Wood Elf. Why he did that remained a mystery, as he did not live long after that.

They decided to go up a trail into higher country, so Jess changed into her fur armor. They found a small camp but no one was around. Then they followed a blood trail to a troll and some human remains. After killing the troll, Jess again resisted the urge to pick the lock on a strongbox, so Torvar wouldn't see his wife acting like a thief. They saw some interesting structures on the mountains nearby and decided to investigate.

The nearest structure was occupied by Vigilants of Stendarr. OK. Jess and Torvar descended the hill and Jess calmed a bear. They found a burning house with a burned corpse inside. A closer inspection offered clues about what had happened there.

It was already getting late in the day, so they headed back to Riften.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:17 am 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Morrobloodtribunal, Oblivering Knights, Skydawnfireborn
UESPoints: 2
Marilyn [II], bane of bandits, Forsworn, mudcrabs, wolves, honest people's purses and the occasional troll, continued her trip from Whiterun to Riften, tarrying for a while in the ruin of Helgen where she was forced to deal with some outlawed squatters who attacked her; as the fight continued until after dusk she was forced to clear the keep in search of a safe bed, only to discover that you apparently can't sleep in the beds inside Helgen Keep :roll: . Fortunately Frost was carrying her tent and bedroll, so she camped in the courtyard in front of the keep instead. She reached Riften in the evening of the following day, fenced a lot of stuff and reported to half a dozen people about quests she's completed since her last stay there. Jarl Laila* was especially pleased to hear that the import of skooma into Riften was exclusively in the hands of the Guild again stopped *innocent whistle smiley*, and the only thing standing between Mari and another thaneship now is purchasing Honeyside (she has the dough for it but is still undecided whether to invest it in real estate or something more practical). Also something sinister seems to be going on with a shadowy personage who seems quite determined to sabotage Maven's and the Guild's interests wherever s/he can, and Mari is getting orders from Mercer Frey himself now to continue investigating the matter. Wonder where this may be going... [/IC]

*I so love Laila for what she has to say about "Ulfric himself", I almost don't want to do the Civil War just so she won't be replaced; she and Dengeir, both Stormcloak supporters, tell you all you really know about the man. (That's entirely OOC, of course; as for Marilyn, I'm not sure yet whether she's going to do the CW at all but she would certainly prefer Maven and Siddgeir to the alternatives.)

Ursula_Melaninbjork wrote:
Finn, loved reading your story. Sounds like fun, and yes, some of these prices ARE shameless! And please do not kill me, even though I am a true Sister of Skyrim (Stormcloak)

Thanks! :D Do not fear, I've been there too, but only once; I added that line to my sig at the height of my last playthrough as a Forsworn (which may explain a lot if you've read "The Bear of Markarth"). My current character is rather apolitical by comparison, but being an elf she doesn't have much reason to be particularly fond of the 'cloaks either.

Jeder sollte einmal reisen in das schöne Vvardenfell!

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:48 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

Uthgerd got killed. Well, technically I killed her, but that wasn't my fault.
Suddenly turning hostile while standing next to two Dremora Lords is just not a good idea.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:00 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyim, Morrowind, Oblivion
Platform: Xbox 360
Lord Cluttermonkey wrote:
Uthgerd got killed. Well, technically I killed her, but that wasn't my fault.
Suddenly turning hostile while standing next to two Dremora Lords is just not a good idea.

That's a glitch bro, not your fault, hell every follower glitches at some point. That's just the buggy nature of a Bethy game.

To denounce the evils of truth and love.
Until our post count reaches the stars above.

Spoiler:
Musicman247 wrote:
I don't suck, I blow.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:01 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, Morrowind
UESPoints: 7
I downloaded the following mods: addictive skooma, The way of the Dovahkiin, immersive beds, and one where your spouse has an actual shop in the marketplace.

I haven't been able to play more than 5 mins to test out the skooma and market shop mod. I'm stoked about the way to the Dovahkiin and getting attacked while camping in the woods. :D

The skooma mod is the one I used to have and decided I couldn't roleplay my assassin proper without it. So she took 2 skooma and one sleeping tree sap...screen purple.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:43 pm 

Today, Aejiri chopped some wood for Hulga. I had forgotten at the silly rewards we can get for chopping wood. Half an hour later, she ended up with 600 septims. I reloaded as it broke immersion for me. Aejiri only chopped 14 pieces of wood and got a decent wage for it. She spent the rest of the day talking to the folks of Whiterun and made herself tater soup. She went to bed at 7pm. The following day, she initially planned to go to Riften. After discovering White river watch, she cancelled those plans and explored the cave. she was forced to kill every bandit. And got a lot of stuff to sell. She also got a necklace of waterbreathing. She returned home and went to sleep.

The next day, she spent the entire morning making potions after recieving a shock from Lydia. Her loyal thane walked in on her whilst she was getting dressed. She made a lot of coins and went to blow most of it on spells. She also learned the waterbreathing and Ironhand enchantments. And decided to return home.

She left the city in the afternoon and just decided to travel to Riften. Once again, she got sidetracked and killed 3 trolls in the cave under the serpent stone. I wish she would stop being so goddamn impulsive and not wander out of the city every day. Oh and she decorated her house. She also spent an hour debating whether to have Skooma. She decided against it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:28 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PS3 PS4
Other Profiles: BuzBee3(PSN)
Ursula had a work out today, but first things first, get that husband dressed! Took some wrangling, but Vorstag on last check was dressed. (could not bear to see him on the wood pile, in the snow, in loincloth)After fixing that recruited Gregor and took off for newly discovered locales.
On the way, stopped and gave this annoying guy with a broken down wagon a good thrashing. I had some new Gauntlets with spikes that needed testing. That almost ended badly, but I only lost a stolen horse, which we had salvaged from some bandits a few minutes earlier.(A guard got in the middle of it and had to be tranquilized many times over)If the guard had jailed that joker as promised, there would not have been a problem now would there?
The bandits were located around the side of Dragonsreach.
Headed off to Riften to collect a forgotten reward for a PIA dragon Urs. had killed the previous trip out with Erik. Now we went through Honeyside, toured it really. Headed out the back door and down the trail to a nearby Castle Ruin where some Hags and Hag Ravens were doing dirty business. Illiana(?) needed help clearing out the baddies including her OWN mother. We said yes of course. Pretty sure we went home to Heljarchen Hall after that.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:53 am 
Champion
Champion

Marilyn (II), moderately badass archer but still a wuss in melee by comparison, befriended fellow guild member Sapphire and talked her into coming along on a little bandit hunt. Together they cleared Faldar's Tooth and returned to Riften laden with loot; also Mari leveled sneak, archery and lockpicking and acquired the long coveted perk that enables her to pick adept locks effortlessly and try her hand at expert ones. Yay!

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:14 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I had to do away with 'The way of the Dovahkiin' mod...it was ridiculously difficult. Felina and Onmund went inside Geirmund's hall numerous times and kept dying...even on adept level. They kept getting draugr death overlords spawning like rabbits inside the first room and they ran out of soul gems, potions, magic, you name it. I thought that the spawns happened while sleeping...and inside that first room alone they fought 10 or so overlords.

No, STUPID.

So I took it out. I like my game being challenging but that was too much. Anyway, they trotted around on their horses in the hot springs and Felina got super baked off the skooma. She could barely stand up at one point and I had to shut the screen off because the colors were making me dizzy. I'm not sure how to wean her from the skooma at this point, since withdrawals lowers her stamina big time. Sigh.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:34 pm 

By Talos! That's Dark Souls level of sadism! :shock:

Aejiri discovered a shortcut and accidentally ended up in Lost Knife Hideout. She was curious where it led. She cleared it out and almost died in the proccess. She found a lot of decent stuff and a necklace that would make her immune to poison. She disenchanted it due to the low amount of poisons being used. She sold some stuff and finally got a pair of boots. She challenged Sam to a drinking contest and woke up in Markreath. I waited to simulate the time passing for immersion. She is now involved with the Forsworn Conspiracy and she had to buy a new sword and bow. Because she left her traveling gear at home. Thank Talos, she had her pack with her otherwise, she would have been [&@%!].

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:40 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim, Online
I've created my first ever elf character today. She's a Dunmer, and I've named her Amara.

She woke up on the cart to Helgen and survived Helgen's attack. Since the Imperials had just tried to chop her head off, she figured it would be a better idea to go with Ralof. He was surprisingly nice to her considering his Stormcloak background, and even invited her to join up. Amara thinks he's rather a nice guy, and she will be in for a nasty surprise once she goes to Windhelm and gets to see how her kind are treated there.

On the way to Riverwood she and Ralof were attacked by a group of bandits who were initially chasing after a deer. She looted a few pieces of iron armor off one of the bandits which she intends to keep. The two then made their way to Riverwood where they met up with Gerdur. She spent the night at Hod and Gerdur's house.

The next morning she went to trade with Alvor. She was interested in using his forge and figured that it would be polite to offer him some help first, so she crafted a dagger and helmet for him. Then she made a set of iron gauntlets and a backpack for herself. She then went to the Riverwood Trader to trade the rest of her loot that Alvor wouldn't buy, but ended up witnessing an argument between the store owners, which dragged her right into a quest to clear out a neaby barrow. She's not ready for that, though, so she bought a few spellbooks from Lucan and sold her remaining loot in return.

I left her standing in front of the Riverwood Trader. She'll probably look around town next and make some gold chopping wood for Hod.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:00 pm 
Champion
Champion

Dohvakiin2012 wrote:
They kept getting draugr death overlords spawning like rabbits inside the first room and they ran out of soul gems, potions, magic, you name it. I thought that the spawns happened while sleeping...and inside that first room alone they fought 10 or so overlords.

Ah, that fondly reminds me of those legendary dungeon mods by MannyGT and MurderWrath (nomen est omen!) - Temple of Black Rock, Dragonhead, Hjakhtraevarr Tomb, Oblivion Gate series... great stuff if you have a high-level character in need of a hearty walloping. I played them with Marilyn in her last (vampiric) incarnation and Serana as her sidekick and enjoyed the challenge a lot... but I was level 81 at the time.

Anyway, present-day (non-vampiric) Marilyn and Sapphire continued their bandit hunt at Nilheim. They met a dubious personage in merchant clothes near the bridge who claimed to have been robbed and injured by bandits and asked them to escort him back to his camp in the ruins; little did he know that they had a bounty letter from Jarl Laila to kill the bandit leader at Nilheim, which made them more than a little suspicious of anyone who had a camp there, to say nothing of his remarkable agility when he had seemed all but crippled moments before. It didn't go well for him and his friends.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:21 am 
Guardian
Guardian

I finally got bored of my Khajiit characters, so I made two new non-Khajiit characters today: an Argonian vampire thief and assassin named Skulks-in-Shadows, and a Nord warrior and devout Talos worshiper named Anika Solheim. Skulks-in-Shadows is currently parked in the Sleeping Giant Inn while I figure out what I want to do with her, so I'm going to focus on Anika for the time being. And since I did so much with her today, I'm just going to list the highlights.

Spoiler:
1. Escaped from Helgen with Ralof
2. Got approached by an orc trying to recruit her into the Dawnguard
3. Told the Jarl about the dragon
4. Fetched the Dragonstone for Farengar
5. Killed a dragon at the Western Watchtower
6. Hired Marcurio in Riften
7. Visited the Greybeards
8. Got attacked by cultists accusing her of being a false Dragonborn
9. Cleared out Ustengrav
10. Retrieved the horn of Jurgen Windcaller from Delphine in Riverwood

Tomorrow, it's off to Kynesgrove to deal with a possible dragon threat there, according to Delphine. And from there, who knows?

Last edited by perylousdemon on Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:41 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

UESPoints: 1
I went to Volunruud to find the mysterious source of power my friend told me about. Kvenel was tough, but in the end, my Dremora Lord and ebony mace with elemental fury was tougher. :Twisted Evil:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:37 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC (Morrowind, Oblivion), X360 (Skyrim)
Delia-Jessamine Maric, Breton stealth-mage and explorer of the Rift:

1. Killed a bandit leader at Faldar's Tooth.
2. Apparently was not implicated in the deaths of a couple of Black-Briar mercenaries.
3. Found Forelhost and was propositioned by a shady character to retrieve a dragon priest mask..
4. Killed the dragon priest Rahgot - sort of. Actually, she just cast a few spells and then watched.
5. Was not amused when Torvar put on the hideous mask.

Long version:
Spoiler:
The next day, Delia-Jessamine Maric, Breton stealth-mage and explorer of the Rift, did some alchemy at home, then went to the market and to see Anuriel again. Anuriel had another job - bandits at Faldar's Tooth. How quickly they return.

Since it was still early and the location close, Jess gathered Iona and they went to Faldar's Tooth. They had killed a few bandits there when passing through a few days before. Sneaking around the outside of the fort, Jess's Detect Life spell revealed that only one bandit remained in the exterior, so Jess asked Iona to stand guard. Jess poisoned her bow and sneaked to the watchtower, where the bandit leader sat alone, lamenting the loss of his crew. Jess sniped him twice and the job was done.

Back at Riften, Jess saw Maven in the marketplace, but Maven didn't say anything about her dead mercenaries at Black-Briar Lodge. Whew!

Jess took Torvar to the Temple of Mara again that evening.

The next morning, Jess and Torvar left before dawn to continue exploring the area SE of Riften. They discovered Forelhost and were approached by a man with a proposition - go into Forelhost and bring back a dragon priest mask to help the Imperial cause. The man was evasive about why he couldn't do the job himself. Jess has no desire to help the Imperial cause at this point, but decided to take his offer to see where the situation led.

Forelhost was full of ghosts and powerful draugr. Jess learned something of the interesting history of the place along the way. The final fight was against the dragon priest Rahgot and several powerful draugr. Jess simply frenzied the whole lot and summoned a couple of Dremora Lords to help Torvar, and then watched. The fight was much easier than the one against a horde of Falmer a few days earlier.

Unfortunately, Torvar's Skyforge Steel sword was lost during the fight, probably sent flying by a Disarm shout.

They collected the dragon priest mask and went outside. There she found another strange wall with an indecipherable word. Returning to the quest giver, Jess found out about the shenagigans she had been duped into. She tried to calm the situation, but to no avail - she and Torvar had to kill the man and his latest recruit.

Jess gave Torvar the mask to carry and he put it on, hopefully just as a joke. "Um, no, you're not wearing that hideous thing", Jess said as she took it away, not amused. They went back to Honeyside.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:53 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Felina went to meet Malborn in Solitude and was immediately arrested at the gates.

"Did you really think you'd get away with killing guards and a guard of the Emperor's?"

Oh, but she's done much worse. Either way, she went off to jail peacefully but once inside, decided that since she had escape Cidhna Mine, she'd be able to escape Solitude's dinky prison. She made it out and her summons killed one guard. But when she stepped out into the courtyard, 10 guards surrounded her and right back to her cell she went. Her second lockpick broke (shaking from the skooma withdrawals) and so she was forced to serve out the rest of her time.

When she finally made it to the Thalmor embassy, she was so angry and irritated that everyone else paid. Fortunately, she had her friend Ravencrone there to cause a scene for her. Then it was on to kill every elf she laid her eyes on. She and Onmund met up inside the Thalmor torture room and freed Malborn and Etienne, but a group of Thalmor killed the poor Bosmer.

Don't worry, Malborn. They suffered at the hands of the Dovahkiin and their bodies were thrown off a cliff.

Felina and Onmund went home to relax for a few days after that. Now she and protector Lydia are on their way to Riften to find Esbern.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:11 pm 

Aejiri has had a crap few days. She got involved with the forsworn conspiracy and ended up in Chida Mine. She ended up killing the king of rags and all of his followers in the mine. She barely managed to survive the ancient Markrath ruins and almost froze in fear after seeing a frostbite spider. She is scared [&@%!] of the giant spiders. And it was a normal one.

Afterwards, she had lunch at the inn and helped that vigil of stendarr. She got involved with Molag and refused to help him. she looted the dead man afterwards. Then she got involved with Namria and unknowingly made her way to the cave. After aiding Eola, she killed her as she doesn't agree with cannibals.

Then she almost died after doing a stupid thing by seeing that river had anything at the bottom of it. She got swept away and was lucky to survive the waterfalls.

She was frozen to the bone after a few hours and killed a few vampires. they ambushed her and luckily, one was wearing a nice dry outfit. Okay, it was raining but it was not as wet as her soaked robes. Now, she is trying to find Whiterun and is very cold and hungry.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:28 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Killed a guy for Mehrunes' Razor. Actually, I killed several individuals for the pieces. I probably won't even use the Razor, but I destroyed the fools none the less. It also helped me obtain various types of Mer blood required for a crazy man that lives in an ice cave. Now I'm back home and am considering having my wife and daughter (Sofie) move back to Lakeview. Sofie is glitched and it irritates me that I can't give her anything. Lesson learned. So having them out of my main house would make me less irritatabled.

Going to cook up some grub, go buy some healing potions and then head back down to Blackreach. I need Falmer blood and Crimson Nirnroot. Can't think of a better place to accomplish both tasks in one trip.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:26 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim, Online
I picked up my dark elf, Amara, right where I'd left her in front of the Riverwood Trader. She went to the Sleeping Giant Inn next where she created her first bunch of potions (most of which she sold to Lucan later). She also talked with Orgnar about a bunch of rumors he'd heard. He's told her a creepy tale about a child in Windhelm trying to contact the Dark Brotherhood.

She's actually considering looking into the matter once she has time to go to Windhelm. After all, she liked to play 'Morag Tong assassin' with her friends when she was little. :D

Anyway, Windhelm will have to wait, since she's got her plate quite full already. She got to know Sven, who tried to enlist her help in tricking Camilla Valerius to choose him over Faendal. The thing is, Faendal was a lot nicer to Amara than Sven, calling her 'sister elf' when they met - so she chose to make sure Camilla knewwhere that letter really came from.

Amara spent another night at Hod and Gerdur's house. The next morning she recruited Faendal as a follower and went treasure hunting - she'd looted Treasure Map I from one of the bandits who'd been stupid enough to attack her when she came out of Helgen. She found some OK loot (a silver ingot, a silver ring, an amethyst and a few other items) and then started her journey to Whiterun. She found Honningbrew Meadery and had dinner there, then ran into the Companions at Pelagia Farm and helped them kill the giant. She's not sure whether or not to follow up on Aela's invitation to join the gang - but it'll be a while before she gets to that anyway. It was only her second day in Skyrim, and she already has a two-page schedule.

She camped outside Whiterun in a tent she'd gotten for free from Gerdur earlier and went into the city the next morning. Thanks to the Inconsequential NPCs mod the city is now quite crowded. She made the mistake of talking to a bunch of children who were labelled 'urchin' - and found out the hard way that they can pickpocket gold from her. Cool. Up until I installed that mod, I'd thought pickpocketing was like Shouting, an ability reserved exclusively for the Dovahkiin.

She went to Dragonsreach (and took Adrienne's sword along). On the way she bought some food at the market and got the quest to help Carlotta get rid of Mikael. She told Balgruuf about the dragon, got assigned the Bleak Falls Barrow mission, and bought Bound Sword from Farengar.

She came out of Dragonsreach in the evening and went to the Bannered Mare, talked some sense into Mikael (with words, not her fists!) and rented a bed from Hulda.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:50 am 
Guardian
Guardian

Well, I decided that I like my list method for the day's exploits that I'm going to keep doing it, so here goes for my Nord warrior, Anika Solheim.

Spoiler:
1. Hired a wagon to take her and Marcurio to Windhelm
2. Killed a dragon that was attacking Windhelm when they arrived there
3. Dispatched Sahloknir at Kynesgrove
4. Made her way to Solitude
5. Returned Meridia's beacon
6. Killed Malkoran and received Dawnbreaker as a reward
7. Infiltrated the Thalmor Embassy
8. Killed a lot of Thalmor in the process
9. Escaped from the Thalmor Embassy with Malborn only to have a group of Thalmor show up outside of the escape tunnel and kill Malborn
10. Retrieved her belongings from Riverwood, then headed off to Riften in search of Esbern

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 126  Next