UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2024 2:38 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 126  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 'What You Did in Skyrim Today' Thread
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:46 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

UESPoints: 0
I've got a couple of glitches with quests related to the Skaal Village so I ended up returning to Skyrim. I'm supposed to speak with two different people in the village, yet I do not get a dialogue option for either.

Let's see......I've managed a lot of little things from Saturday through yesterday. I sold a ton of loot in Whiterun and then paid a visit to Riften where a particular old lady met her demise with a glass arrow to her forehead. That'll stop her adventuring days! From there, I went to Ivarstead to deliver some mead and then to Windhelm. I'm not real welcome in Windhelm since I'm the reason Ulfric's body is laying at the base of the throne. So I made my visit quickly and then got out. I returned to my new home in Heljarchen Hall and continued adding new items. I had a dragon attack while there and I now have a dragon skeleton on the property. By using Ice Spike, I moved it between the exterior smithing equipment and the garden. I've also named it Rex. So far, the skeleton remains, though it does bounce around a bit.

I was at home when the Currier paid me a visit. Strange note...."We Know." You know what? That I'm the mean, green Dovahkiin? Whatever. Time to grab some shut eye.

Woke up in an abandon cabin with a girl telling me all about stealing her contract. Well, I stole her life, too. I almost cut down the woman that this lady had captive in the cabin. A little mouthy, that one.

I figured out where I was and since Solitude was closest, I headed in that direction. Spoke to the court and picked up a job to clear out Wolfskull Cave. I also mentioned killing this woman in the shack to a guard and he suggested I speak with Commander Maro in Dragonbridge. One thing at a time.....Wolfskull Cave.

Cleared the cave and returned to Solitude. No other real jobs, but the Jarl did ask a personal favor of me to place the War Horn of her late husband at the Shrine of Talos. I obliged as the Shrine is not far from my home. I rested again at the inn in Solitude and then Marcurio and I set out for home the next morning. We stopped in Dragonbride and spoke with Commander Maro and I now have a plan to accomplish a few small tasks once I return home.

We had a rather uneventful journey home, but we did clear out a bandit stronghold that was overlooking the road we were traveling. We made quick work of them and obtained some loot worth hauling. Back on the road once more, we made it home well before sunset and had a little time to get some hunting in for the evening meal. After resting that night, I added an alchemy tower to the house simply for the view from the top. I mean, I already have an alchemy table and I have no need for a storage room and this house will not be the type to have a trophy room. That is Lakeview.

I remain at home now and will soon head to Whiterun to unload loot and then move on to Falkreath where I will manage this issue with the assassins. I'll likely take a detour on my way to Whiterun and visit the Shrine of Talos. My plan is to return home from Falkreath with a stop off at Lakeview to move my wife and begin the job of moving raw materials for the forge, along with armor and weapons that I intend to improve before selling. I'll miss this house as my primary dwelling, but I'm also excited about my new house as it seems just a bit more centrally located. I hope Borgakh likes it and I'm sure she will add to the security of the home. Lydia is my Steward and Gregor is, of course, the Housecarl. With myself and Marcurio, that is a substantial defense against any and all comers.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:31 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PS3 PS4
Other Profiles: BuzBee3(PSN)
Today, Ursula went to Shalidor's Maze. Somehow got thrown out of it and now cannot finish it?. The Dremora had the staff and vanished, now the portal is gone. Kept losing Erik around that place too. We went back to my house full of people to unload excess stuff, got attacked by an Elder Dragon, I rended it and flew it far away. Fast traveled home, tired of all that. Oh, well. So I decided to get d' Artagnon out and play with him. Level 3, not as fun as 57 for sure. Anyway, met a few dollies, helped a neighbor with the bandits in his castle. Used Voice of the Emperor, that's new. Went to Riften, sold some stuff. Took off for Movarth's lair, got infected with Vampirism whatever. Headed to the Lady Stone for help, as I will need it to be a Vamp. Swam most of the way there. Got bit in the butt by a f-ing fish. After lady stone, went to flirt with and do some work for the mill girl at Half-Moon Mill. I hear she may be a Vampire too. Ate many ingredients and mixed a few potions. (while having the carpets cleaned)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:41 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim Legendary, ESO, Legends
Platform: PC, PS3
Other Profiles: Steam: Captain Mauin, ESO: @Mauin and @Merorzen, Legends: Mauin
UESPoints: 1
Glimmer continued going through all the Dungeons today. Basically all she did, aside from be a nice little Argonian and test a few things for me.
After that, she started going to all the Word Walls to collect Dragon Souls. I've set the Deadly Dragons assault timer to five hours, and the assault types to three Dragon spawns. That way I should have four Dragons at each Word Wall. Plenty of Souls.

No CTDs at all today, so I think it's safe to say that I fixed my Skyrim. I could restart my mains without having to worry about their saves exploding for a while. But... I've grown rather attached to this Argonian, so I think that'll wait for a while.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:13 am 
Guardian
Guardian

ES Games: Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim
Platform: PC
Other Profiles: perylousdemon (Steam)
Ajiran built herself a house in Falkreath, then left Zora behind to keep an eye on it while she headed off to fetch Nettlebane. Afterwards, she bumped into Qa'Dojo on her way to the Eldergleam Sanctuary and decided to let him tag along. She ended up taking a sapling back to Danica rather than some sap, so now there is a miniature version of the Gildergreen in Whiterun. Then off she went to Northwatch Keep to rescue Thorald. It was a very cathartic experience for her. She's never really cared for the Thalmor, and she got to free several of their prisoners to boot. And now she is getting ready for her trek up to High Hrothgar, which is going to be a pain since she promised a paranoid Khajiit in Ivarstead that she would count the steps to see whether there are actually 7000 of them, or only 6972 as he believes is the case.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:49 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games: oblivion, skyrim
Platform: xbox 360/one
UESPoints: 14
I travelled to Murvanskar ( or something like that!) to find the m.i.a. courier of Arniel Gane's shipment. I had been there before when I was retracing my steps after a drunken night, and I had met daedric prince Sanguine (giver of my fondly used dremora summoning sanguine rose). I never searched the whole building tho, as there were a lot of pesky mages that were tough.

This time, however, I made it to the end (helped partly by Sanguine himself being there and killing a few mages). The portal to Misty Grove was still there but open entering, there was nothing new there and also there was no way of leaving, so I had to reload.

I found the courier, dead unfortunately, victim of some guy called Harris the Wicked. There was also an unpleasant group of burnt people in a cell, poor souls.
The courier had a sword type object on him, called Keening. So now I am heading back to the College of Winterhold to give it to Arniel. I am intrigued to find out what he plans to do for his Dwemer experiment next.

(I keep seeing M'aiq the liar in various places all the time lately. That Khajit sure gets about).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:20 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Finished some work on the new house and then headed out to the Shrine of Talos to lay the War Horn there. From there, Marcurio and I headed to Falkreath and made our way to the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary. I knew the phrase required to open the door and the filth within stood no chance against me. I was rather impressed with the value of the loot I found inside. Mainly the enchanted clothes the assassins were wearing.

From there, Marcurio and I headed to Lakeview where I spoke with my wife about moving to the new house. I also grabbed a few items that I had stored in the house so that it could be moved to the new home. It was getting late and the rain began to fall, but I decided we could make it back home before it was too late.

We rode home in the rain (I thought about using Clear Skies but didn't) and made it back to the warmth of Heljarchen Hall well into the night. A little food, a little ale and it was time for bed.

The next morning, I had a house full as everyone other than the carriage driver was inside. Breakfast was prepared and an awesome day was spent working the forge and setting up items in the house. I will spend several days at home resting from the recent travels across the map. Though I will eventually head back to Solitude to inform the Jarl that her husband's war horn has successfully been delivered. Until then, I will work the forge and hunt. The game in this area is fantastic and I enjoy the easy days of tracking and taking down the elk and deer that roam the region.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:24 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Morrobloodtribunal, Oblivering Knights, Skydawnfireborn
UESPoints: 2
Marilyn and Gorr cleared Halted Stream Camp and obtained a mammoth tusk for Ysolda. Hauling their loot back to Whiterun they ran into a couple of bandits in that little unmarked camp in the slope west of Dragonsreach; one of them had a crossbow, which was fortuitous, as Marilyn's old one had been destroyed a while ago. After dividing the treasure they split up once more, this time on good terms, because Marilyn feels she has been relying on Gorr a little bit too much lately and needs to be more self-sufficient.

She started her solo career by meeting her Dawnstar contact outside Redoran's Retreat and helping him get even with his former fellow bandits who kicked him out and took the place for themselves (she was also looking for Amren's family sword which happened to be there), only to have him turn on her after they'd dispatched his ex-buddies. On his corpse and on a table she found two more volumes of the book which had brought her into contact with him... two volumes which narrated the exact events that had just happened. The story doesn't seem to be over yet.

Jeder sollte einmal reisen in das schöne Vvardenfell!

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:54 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

After some trial and error, finally gave up and went back to what I do and know best. A fresh remake of my favorite Breton battle mage, but this time planning to attempt a different route including less combat focus and more magic focus. Trading in Alteration for Illusion and Smithing for Enchanting.

Instead of an even 50/50 split between Health and Magicka, going for an even distribution among all three primary attributes and incorporate some stealth tactics. Taking Speech perks and considering some Sneaking. Wanted to go Light Armored to make it more viable, but just can't bring myself to give up the protection afforded by the heavy Armor, plus the Light Armor perk tree is less than desirable.

While the "Unhindered" Light Armor perk performs the same function at level 50 as the "Conditioning" Heavy Armor perk does at Level 70, I really don't want to be forced to take "Custom Fit" to get there because it effectively ropes me into constantly wearing a full suit of light armor all the time to get the benefit of the perk. If I don't, it's simply a wasted perk point, plus the weight factor isn't as critical of a consideration or concern for Light Armor as it is for Heavy Armor to begin with. I can work my way up the "left hand path" of the Heavy Armor perk tree without any such restrictions being levied against my character.

Besides, if I take Light Armor I almost have to supplement it with Alteration, while Heavy affords me the protection to do without Alteration. I will miss Telekinesis and Water Breathing, but I'm hoping the right perks in Illusion and Sneak will compensate for the impact of Heavy Armor on Stealth. Anyway, just starting over and starting out.

Kyra made her way out of Helgen (deja vu) and headed for Riverwood with Ralof's recruitment speech running. On the way, Ralof introduced her to the Guardian Stones, which after a bit of deliberation and misgivings chose the Mage Stone. After all, she'd been using magic all through their escape without Ralof voicing any concerns or objections.

(Took Warrior last time through)

Ralof's sister, Gerdur, showed her appreciation for helping her brother escape execution at the hands of the Imperials with a few fresh supplies, but Kyra decided to part ways with Ralof for the time being. She visited the inn where she learned of a College of mages far to the north, as well as several happenings around the small town. One of her first encounters was with a chauvinistic bard named Sven, whom she delightfully turned the tables on.

She met his rival, an elf named Faendal, who graciously and gratefully offered his services as guide. The duo set out immediately for this College, but decided to take the scenic route to familiarize Kyra with the peole and places of Skyrim. Kyra trusted that Faendal was sufficiently indebted and ingratiated the her that she could trust him.

Faendal led her south back toward Helgen, then east where they stumbled upon a Stormcloak military encampment first, followed by an Imperial encampment later off the road. None seemed hostile or suspected the pair. Apparently, Faendal was convincing enough to pass both of them off as locals.

The only real trouble they encountered was when they stumbled too close to a nearby bandit camp amid some ruins. An Imperial guard on patrol had already had a run in and they clashed. Faendal and Kyra were the only witnesses as the guard was well out of earshot of the camp when he was ambushed and jumped by the three bandits.

Kyra's treatment at the hands of the Imperials hadn't endeared her to them, but how could she just watch a man get cut down like a dog and slaughtered by criminals? She looked at Faendal, leaving the choice whether to assist her or not to him, and then took off to try to save the guard from certain death.

The guard had already cut down one of the bandits, but the other two proved too much as they overpowered him before Kyra or her familiar could reach either. She'd hesitated and waited a moment too long weighing her decision, and now it was too late and the guard's fate was sealed.

Kyra's familiar tore into one of the bandits and she lit into the other, but her familiar was no match for a battleaxe and she suddenly found herself facing off against both the remaining bandits. Just as the battleaxe wielding maniac that had dispatched her familiar turned to engage her, an arrow came from behind her taking the bandit off his feet. Faendal to the rescue as she grinned wickedly watching the look of horror creep across the face of the one remaining as the realization that the tables had turned dawned on him, just about the same moment her mace found its mark against his skull with a sickening crunch of breaking bone and wet thump of flesh and blood.

In the aftermath they collected what they could and returned the guards belongings to the quartermaster for a generous reward for avenging his death. They spent the night at the camp without arousing any suspicion and went back to the ruins the next morning to finish scouting the area. To Kyra's surprise, she heard a dog barking just over the hill.

Climbing the hill she found a wounded stray over the corpses of two wolves. "Now that's the spirit!" she thought to herself. "That's my kind of dog." as she wondered who it might belong to. There was certainly nobody in the general vicinity or immediate area.

There was a shack up on the hill, but she quickly spotted some large animals between them and decided it wasn't worth the risk to try to tangle with hungry bears and large cats. If the dog had come from the shack, it either had to sneak by those animals or end up like those bandits and wolves. Either way, the dog didn't seemed more content to follow her and Faendal, than it was concerned about finding it's way back home.

They came to a fork where Faendal seemed apprehensive about continuing on to the north toward a city called Windhelm, so they headed east toward a sleepy village like Riverwood, called Ivarstead. They rested and spent the night after being plagued by wolves on the road.

She hadn't named the dog yet, but it and her familiar were more than a match for any wolves. The next morning they decided to travel to the east toward a city called "Riften" rather than heading to "Windhelm" to the north. Faendal was being a bit more tight lipped about his concerns than she cared for, but she decided not to question it expecting he had a good reason.

Then she remembered that Windhelm was the home of the Stormcloaks that Ralof mentioned and decided to ask anyway about his aversion. "Because Nords in general and Stormcloaks in particular, don't like elves!" he retorted abruptly. Her brow furrowed, but she decided not to push the issue any more as they set out for Riften.

(to be continued)

If you cannot speak, you are not free.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:02 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC (Morrowind, Oblivion), X360 (Skyrim)
Delia-Jessamine Maric, Breton steath-mage and Falmer-exterminating responsible citizen:
1. Traveled back to Riften, with Torvar still on her leash, after making Winterhold a safer place.
2. Took Torvar to the Temple of Mara to see if he would go inside. He did.
3. Spread The Warmth of Mara for Dinya Balu.
4. Entered Honorhall Orphanage and saw nothing wrong that a Mara pamphlet can't fix.
5. Inexplicably took Torvar to the Ragged Flagon in her soul-saving zeal.
6. Handed out so many Mara pamphlets that Dinya Balu ran out.

Long version
Spoiler:
Feeling that she had made Winterhold safer, Delia-Jessamine Maric, Breton steath-mage and Falmer-exterminating responsible citizen, traveled back to Riften with Torvar. Along the way, she contracted Bone-Break Fever and they explored the northeastern edge of The Rift, finding Tolvald's Cave. Jess decided they should return sometime, as she believes it is her duty as Thane to know what is in her hold.

Comments from the citizens of Riften concerning her health made Jess decide to receive another blessing from Mara, something the Dibellan is finding easier to do lately. It also gave her an excuse to bring Torvar to the Temple of Mara - after Torvar's recent refusal to enter Nightcaller Temple, where Erandur is setting up another Temple of Mara, Jess was worried that she may have trouble getting Torvar to Mara's alter if and when she decides to marry him. Jess was relieved that Torvar entered the temple in Riften - so he isn't averse to all Temples of Mara, he just didn't want to go into Erandur's. Still, Jess wondered how much longer she could keep Torvar on a leash without making a commitment herself - he seemed to like the ladies in Dawnstar, after all.

While at the Temple of Mara, Dinya Balu asked Jess if she would distribute some literature to the sinful people of Riften. Sensing a chance to make a friend, Jess did not hesitate to agree to distribute "The Warmth of Mara" - the world is big enough for Dibella and Kynareth and Mara, too, she thought.

For the next two days, Jess handed out pamphlets with such zeal that Dinya eventually ran out (I guess Dinya runs out at 35). The reaction from the citizens was mixed, but Jess hoped she had done some good. The whole time, she did not think to wear her Amulet of Mara instead of her Amulet of Dibella (awkward, yes, but at least she wasn't wearing her skimpy dress).

While distributing pamphlets, Jess entered Honorhall Orphanage for the first time. Interesting. The children there all hate Grelod the Kind, who seemed stern, but Jess remembered hating authority figures when she was young, too. Jess saw no signs that the children were being mistreated, so she thought the children were likely exaggerating. She gave a pamphlet to Grelod. The kids mentioned the Aretino boy again, apparently now a legend for running away. (I have no intention of getting Jess involved in that situation, as it was over 1.5 in-game years ago that she first heard the rumor, and I'm not going to force the issue at this point.)

In her soul-saving zeal, Jess did something that even I, her creator and controller, question. She went back to The Ragged Flagon, with Torvar in tow, to try to save souls at the Thieves Guild. Recently, Jess hid the evidence of her TG ties. Now, with Mara in her heart, she took Torvar directly to them. With this character, sometimes a totally inexplicable decision seems like the right thing to do from a role-play standpoint. Usually, it works out. We'll see.

Naturally, the thieves thought Jess was completely nuts - Vipir the Fleet even asked if she was out of her mind - but the reaction to her showing up with Mara pamphlets did not faze Jess. She was glad that they didn't say anything about Torvar's presence or blow her cover - Dirge mentioned Jess being "friends with the Guild Master" rather than acknowledging Jess's real role. Nor did Torvar comment about the revelation that Jess knows people in the Thieves Guild.

Jess returned to Dinya, who was now out of pamphlets, then she and Torvar went back to Honeyside.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:51 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim Legendary, ESO, Legends
Platform: PC, PS3
Other Profiles: Steam: Captain Mauin, ESO: @Mauin and @Merorzen, Legends: Mauin
UESPoints: 1
I created a new Nord male to test a Vampire texture I created earlier. I wound up keeping him. He finished the Civil War today. Will do the main quest tomorrow. Dragonborn after that. Dawnguard (on the Dawnguard side) after that.

Also, I noticed yesterday that I've got yet another bug in Dawnguard. The game still becomes more unstable after completing Dawnguard (but not to the point of unplayability), but... Now my Volkihar won't recognize their new master (Glimmer) as a Vampire. Or as a mortal, for that matter. They're still offering her quests, but they won't speak to her (aside from generic things) and they won't trade with her. Nothing I can think of is fixing it. Not changing her race to the Argonian Vampire race, not curing her and turning her into a Vampire again (with Serana or a 'feral' Vampire)... Nada.

Now, it was working perfectly fine before, so I know this isn't being caused by a mod (I went through them again to rule it out)... It just happened at random. Probably sometime when I was doing quests for the Volkihar. Something in Dawnguard is broken, and I can't figure out what the [&@%!] it is. It is [&@%!] me off.
If I can't fix it, I might as well just stop playing Skyrim. Dawnguard is a huge part of my main characters. They cannot ignore it. There's no point in constantly recreating them if I can't even finish them once without Dawnguard [&@%!] everything up.

The only thing I can do at this point is reinstall everything. And I really don't feel like doing that.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:11 am 
Guardian
Guardian

After doing a complete reinstall of Skyrim and all of my mods to (hopefully) correct issues I was having with the Companions questline and one of my Interesting NPCs followers, Ajiran is back on track. She killed her first dragon (Mirmulnir), ripped his soul from his lifeless body, and then headed off to Ivarstead to visit the Greybeards. She was attacked by a few of Miraak's cultists along the way, but she has so many people trying to kill her already that visiting Solstheim is going on the back burner for the time being. Anyway, she headed up to High Hrothgar with Zora and Faendal in tow, learned the second word of her Unrelenting Force shout and the first word of Whirlwind Sprint, and now the Greybeards want her to fetch the horn of Jurgen Windcaller. Before she does that, however, she has a few chores to finish in Whiterun.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:51 pm 
Warder
Warder

Delia-Jessamine Maric, soul-saving Breton stealth-mage:
1. Delivered an embezzled keg of mead to the Vilemyr Inn.
2. Cleared Treva's Watch for Stalleo.
3. Bought some more Sleeping Tree Sap when Torvar wasn't looking. Just in case.

Long version
Spoiler:
While handing out Mara pamphlets to the people of Riften, Delia-Jessamine Maric, soul-saving Breton stealth-mage, had agreed to take an embezzled keg of Black-Briar Mead to the Vilemyr Inn for a certain employee of the meadery. Oh, how easily she backslides into shady deals, even while spreading the warmth of Mara. Jess hoped that gaining favor with the employee might make him more receptive to the pamphlet's message.

So the next morning, with a keg of mead hidden somewhere on her person, Jess traveled to Ivarstead with Torvar, who has nothing better to do than watch Jess's back. Wilhelm rewarded Jess with a nice circlet. Though in general not a hoarder, Jess collects circlets and gems (and Centurion Dynamo Cores, for reasons I do not understand).

The next morning, the pair approached a camp near Treva's Watch. She had seen this camp many times before and assumed it was inhabited by hunters. But now, the responsible thane wanted to find out for sure who lived there.

So Jess finally met Stalleo and his bodyguard - another bodyguard had apparently already lost her life in the line of duty. Stalleo explained his situation and Jess agreed to help him. Jess and Iona had already cleared Treva's Watch once (while fetching Kharjo's Amulet, I think), but she had not met Stalleo at that time. So she and Torvar cleared it again, this time using a secret entrance. Stalleo thanked them and gave Jess a Spell Tome: Detect Life, a spell Jess had never bothered to learn before. Jess and Torvar spent the night at Treva's Watch and Jess learned the spell before bedtime. Departing for Riften, they saw Stalleo and his bodyguard were back at their old camp, where they had spent the night guarding the dead body of the dead bodyguard.

On the way back to Riften, Jess came across an Orc dealing Sleeping Tree Sap. Torvar was lagging behind, so, acting first and thinking later, Jess bought two bottles before Torvar caught up. Just in case.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:03 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Snail's Pace wrote:
Delia-Jessamine Maric, soul-saving Breton stealth-mage:
1. Delivered an embezzled keg of mead to the Vilemyr Inn.
2. Cleared Treva's Watch for Stalleo.
3. Bought some more Sleeping Tree Sap when Torvar wasn't looking. Just in case.

Sleeping Tree Sap Spoiler

If you cannot speak, you are not free.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:24 pm 
Warder
Warder

^Yeah, she's been there before but hasn't been in that area lately. I briefly role-played the character as being dependent on the sap to sleep, but she had to go cold-turkey for lack of supply. But with her tendency to backslide, her sap drinking days may not be completely behind her...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:51 pm 
Champion
Champion

Mauin: Ouch, that sucks. :cry: Keeping my fingers crossed for you to find a fix yet. (I'd suggest beginning by cleaning your Dawnguard.esm, but I guess you've already done that.)

Marilyn cleared Silent Moons Camp after an intense shoot-out with Ron the Crow (a unique bow-wielding bandit boss in heavy armour placed there by Requiem) and discovered a sword and mace with an interesting enchantment on them which might come handy against undead; she'd love to put that on her bow or crossbow, but you can't enchant without taking the first enchanting perk in Requiem, and that is nowhere near the top of her priority list of skills to spend perks on for now.

After selling the gear and treasures she'd looted from the bandits to Adrianne and Belethor she proceeded to mine every lump of iron, corundum and silver ore she could find around Whiterun and Riverwood, melted it all into ingots and forged herself a sizable arsenal of silver and steel bolts and arrows. She then set out to Markarth where she has a numbers job to do for the Thieves Guild (and besides she still has to help Eola cleanse Namira's shrine from the draugr, a task which she feels a little more qualified for now).

Her first stop on the way was Falkreath, where she collected the bounty for killing the leader of Bilegulch Mine many weeks ago, presented Jarl Siddgeir with a bottle of Black-Briar's and mustered the courage to ask Lod's pretty assistant (=Interesting NPC Isobel) out for a date at the Dead Man's Drink. Unfortunately it turned out that the young blacksmith, although she seemed to welcome and indeed encourage Marilyn's advances, had her head full of silly ideas of honour and heroism which are quite incompatible with our sneaky Bosmer's chosen career path. A pity.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:43 pm 
Lord of the Shivering Isles
Lord of the Shivering Isles

ES Games: Oblivion:GOTY, Skyrim:Legendary edition
Platform: PS3.
UESPoints: 12
I returned to Skyrim today. Finished the Silver Hand quest and had forgotten that you can die despite you having enough health left to take another hit. I entered Windhelm and discovered that you can turn in the dunmer who ended up with a stolen ring. Hoped that i could clear his name and just say i found it. Naturally, i didn't save it at that point as it didn't feel like something Gharel would do.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:58 am 
Warder
Warder

Delia-Jessamine Maric, Breton stealth-mage, and distributor of Mara love and stolen mead:
1. Impulsively decided to marry Torvar.
2. Started drinking at dawn just to make it to her own execution/wedding/whatever.
3. Was happy to see Annekke at the ceremony, and wondered why Farkas and Athis were there but Aela was not.
4. Somehow managed to say "I do."
5. Escorted Annekke back to Darkwater Crossing while Torvar stayed in Riften.
6. Was reminded that Annekke is a smart fighter.
6. Healed a fox only to see it killed by a bear.
7. Saw Darkwater Crossing attacked by Imperial soldiers and healed her Darkwater friends during the Imperial attack.
8. Couldn't save a Dunmer traveling to Windhelm to join the Stormcloaks.
9. Got a much-needed blessing from Dibella.
10. Spent her wedding night hanging out with Annekke in Darkwater Crossing while Torvar was in Riften with Iona.
11. Began to realize that much in her life was changing.

Long version
Spoiler:
Delia-Jessamine Maric, Breton stealth-mage, and distributor of Mara love and stolen mead, returned to Riften with Torvar. Impulsively, she took him to the courtyard in front of the Temple of Mara and talked to him again about marriage. Jess had been stringing him along for weeks, but felt that she needed to act now before he changed his mind. Maybe she was still feeling the Mara love or maybe it was because of her mistake taking him to the Ragged Flagon two days earlier or maybe it was because of the way Torvar stared at Karita when they were in Dawnstar recently or maybe she was afraid of being jilted again as she had been with Brynjolf. Whatever the reason, it was time.

Torvar was still enthusiastic about getting married, so they went inside the temple and talked to Maramal. The wedding would be the next morning. No time to invite anyone, but whatever... Jess just wanted to get it over with.

They went back to Honeyside and Jess told Torvar he could sleep in Iona's room. She then drank a bottle of wine and a Sleeping Tree Sap and fell asleep in her own bed.

Jess awoke and saw Iona walking away from the bed. Torvar had gone but somehow, Jess knew that he was at the temple. Maybe Iona had said something when trying to awaken Jess from her drugged slumber.

Not knowing what to wear to her own wedding, Jess put on the skimpy dress she had stripped from the dead barmaid in Liar's Retreat. She thought of Brynjolf while putting on the dress and wanted to go to the Ragged Flagon to invite him - if he could see her in this dress, she thought... and suddenly, panic swept over her. She ate some bread for her nervous stomach, took two bottles of wine from the pantry, drank one, and went outside.

It was still early in the morning. The sun was rising but the sky was gray. Jess saw someone staggering away from the Bee and Barb, but otherwise only the guards were out. She drank another bottle of wine on the way to the Temple of Mara.

Walking to the temple felt like walking to her execution.

After entering the temple, she felt as if she was no longer in control of her actions. It was surreal. Near the shrine, she saw Torvar, along with Maramal, Dinya, and one or two others from the temple... it was a blur. As she walked down the aisle, Jess was surprised to see her friend Annekke seated on one of the benches. How did she know? She also saw Farkas and Athis. What were they doing there?

Jess barely heard the words Maramal spoke but heard Torvar say "I do. Now and forever." A moment later, she realized that everyone was waiting for a response from her so she repeated the phrase Torvar had said. Then it was over. She was married.

She spoke to Torvar, who wanted to know what they would do next. They had never discussed it. Jess told him that she wanted to stay in Riften for now. Annekke, Farkas, and Athis congratulated her.

After exiting the temple, Jess ran after Annekke and asked her not to leave yet. They went to Honeyside together, where Torvar was already making himself at home. Jess told Torvar that she wanted to escort her friend back to Darkwater Crossing to make sure she got back safely. It was still early, so Jess expected to be back by nightfall.

Jess and Annekke walked toward Shor's Stone together. They didn't talk much. Annekke seemed to be enjoying the walk, while Jess was in a daze. At Shor's Stone, they saw Athis again and spoke briefly before he went his way and the two women went theirs. The question re-occured to Jess: Why were Athis and Farkas at the wedding? Had Torvar gone to get them during the night while Jess was asleep? Impossible. Maybe they just happened to be in Riften? Unlikely.

Jess didn't mind that they were at the wedding, but now she wondered why Aela wasn't there. Had she known? Was she out hunting? Was she angry with Jess because Jess had cured her lycanthropy recently? Would Torvar tell the truth if she asked about Aela, or would he cover for her? She decided not to ask.

Jess then realized that she was still wearing her skimpy "wedding dress". Good thing they hadn't encountered any dangerous creatures during the walk. She went behind Filnjar's House and changed into her armor. Why hadn't Annekke said anything? Maybe she had, while Jess was still in a daze.

Outside Shor's Stone, Annekke and Jess were attacked by two trolls. Jess immediately began casting fireballs at them, and a few moments later, Annekke began firing arrows. After the trolls were dead, Jess realized that Annekke had once again fought from high ground, atop some large boulders, while Jess had stupidly fought from ground level.

A fox trotted along with them as they walked through the forest. Jess saw that it was injured so she chased after it and healed the poor fox. Helping the fox lifted Jess's spirit. She watched the fox run down the trail. Then a bear killed it. Jess and Annekke killed the bear, and Jess contracted bone-break fever. The rest of the walk to Darkwater was uneventful, aside from killing another bear and sparing a wolf that Jess calmed.

Shortly after arriving at Darkwater Crossing, three Imperial soldiers attacked the camp. Annekke, Verner, and Tormir joined the fight. Jess still couldn't bring herself to fight against Imperials, but she healed anyone on the Stormcloak side who needed help. Soon the Imperials were dead, with no casualties on the Stormcloak side.

Annekke needed to go to work, so Jess told her she would be back later. She wanted to go to the Shrine of Dibella that she had found not far away for a much-needed blessing. On the way to the shrine, she met a Dunmer farmer traveling to Windhelm to join the Stormcloaks."Ulfric has the right of it," he said. Unfortunately, he didn't make it, as the farmer was mauled by a bear and a wolf before Jess could intervene. Jess passed Fort Amol and avoided provoking a fight with a mage that warned her to keep her distance. Fine. Jess was tired of fighting. In fact, she was just plain tired.

After receiving her blessing at the shrine, Jess began the trip back to Darkwater Crossing. She was ambushed by a Breton mage in heavy armor along the way. The mage was no match for Jess, as his spells barely touched her.

The sun was setting when Jess arrived back at Darkwater Crossing. Getting back to Riften before nightfall was out of the question now. Jess bathed in the lake and then put on a plain dress. She hung out by the campfire with Annekke and the others until most of them, including Verner, went to bed. She and Annekke stayed stayed up, though, and Jess began drinking wine. Annekke spoke of her marriage to Verner - how he had become a bit of a "milk-drinker" who no longer liked to adventure like he used to. Jess wondered if Torvar would change after marriage. Eventually, Annekke had to go to bed.

Jess spent her wedding night in a tent at Darkwater Crossing, while Torvar was at Honeyside with Iona. Jess was unconcerned.

The next morning she traveled back to Riften with much on her mind. She was grateful that Annekke had come to her wedding and appreciated the older woman's friendship more than ever. She thought about the attack on the camp by the Imperials, and how it confirmed her suspicions that Annekke was a Stormcloak. Jess realized that the Imperials might have killed Tormir, an unarmored woman with a small child, if Jess hadn't healed Tormir during the fight. That made Jess angry.

Jess still wondered if there was any significance to Aela not attending the wedding. The wedding! The fact that she was now a married woman suddenly struck her hard. She didn't know how to be married. And how would Torvar react when Jess returned home after missing their honeymoon? At least she was now blessed by her favored goddess.

Much was changing with Delia-Jessamine Maric, Breton stealth-mage and married woman, as she returned home to her husband.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:30 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, Morrowind
UESPoints: 7
A letter written to Onmund from his wife, the Dovahkiin, 4E202 Sun's Dawn (what she did yesterday):
Spoiler:
Dearest Husband,

It is my opinion that Lydia shall make a better protector for the children that Annekke Crag-Jumper, sweet as the miner is. The housecarl has shown her value in battle several times by being able to take on more than one enemy at once, and she proved this indefinitely inside Bloodlet Throne yesterday morning.

We surprised the vampires shortly before sunrise as they crawled inside their coffins with bellies full of innocent's blood. Lydia slayed one of their thralls and a lesser vampire at the bottom of the front staircase, but we were then surprised by a gargoyle. [&@%!] of a thing to kill, but my frost spells took it down just as Lydia's steel sword swiped its massive jaw.

I immediately resurrected it for protection as we moved silently through the blood suckers's lair. I'm sorry to report these vampires did not have much treasure stored, but interestingly enough we found large quantities of garlic cloves. I thought that might give you a good chuckle, dearest love.

The final room held a vampire of the Volkihar...whomever they are. Either way, Lydia's test from Sithis came when I pulled a chain on the wall causing an iron gate to rise between myself and Lydia battling the vampire. I hid in the dark corridor and watched as she struggled for her life against the blood sucker. She battled well, my love, only coming down to her knees once. I promptly resurrected two bodies in the room behind me and opened the gate, sending her immediate aid.

But the blood sucker caught me as I ran up the hallway, and so I ran into the depths of his lair to hide. He called out to me, my lust to kill rising like an angry sea. My thralls took him, however, and I came out of hiding long enough to see as he fell to his former vampire companions. Always such a delight to see someone die by the hand of their dead-again friends. Lydia survived the ordeal with only a long scratch at her forehead, which I healed for her. She has not shown signs of the foul vampire disease yet, either.

So it is my expert opinion that Lydia the Housecarl will make a fine servant to our children. Send the boy and girl my chilly kisses and I shall see you in a few weeks when I return to Hjerim with more loot and gold than we know what to do with.

Sithis my guardian,
Felina

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:35 pm 
Champion
Champion

Marilyn dealt with the bandits of Knifepoint Ridge for Jarl Siddgeir and was rewarded with being named *fanfare* thane of Falkreath! Quite a triumph for one who started as a desperately poor ex-jailbird in that very town. All the little jobs she did for the townsfolk in her pauper days paid off at last.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:07 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Walked from Yngvlid, having killed yet another crazy experimenter residing there, to Solitude.
I was on my way there after receiving a letter from Falk Firebeard. Apparently, after clearing out Wolfskull cave of those pesky Wolf queen summoners, Ptotema had managed to escape in spirit form and was running amok, trying to return to full power.
After getting the letter from the courier, I came across the old orc, whom I had seen before and previously refused to kill in order to provide the 'honourable death' he was waiting for. This time i finally decided to give him his wish.
I thought it would be a tough fight, but he was slain in two hits. Im not sure if he would have classed that as 'honourable. At least he wasnt freezing his bum off standing there anymore.

A bit down the road I came across the courier who had unfortunately been killed by a snowy sabre cat. I had a look in his pockets and found a note on him that placed a marker on my map.

Still journeying to Solitude, I happened upon some sort of ruined fort. In front of it were not one, not two, but three frost trolls. Luckily they were a distance away, so Marcurio and I were able to finish them off before they got close. I hope that that many brutes mean they were guarding something good, but I decided to leave the fort alone for now.

Nearly at Solitude, I ran into 2 angry giants and a mammoth, who had been riled by bandits. I gave them a wide birth but Marcurio decided to throw lightening bolts at them. One flying trip into the air and a short scuffle later, the giants walked away and an extremely lucky Macurio came running back to me.
I told him off for being stupid and we continued our journey.

In the city, I was told that I had to go into the catacombs to defeat Ptotema, alone as usual, because of course, it's much better to have one person going by themself, to stop this potentially catastrophic necromancer, than it is to have a dozen guards for back up. :wat:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:59 am 
Guardian
Guardian

Ajiran went on a punch fest through Skyrim for the glory of the Companions. First, she brawled with Orgnar, then she brawled with Maramal. After that, she became a werewolf and started killing those pesky Silver Hand fools. Cowards, the lot of them. There were also dragons involved, including a spectral dragon in Solitude as she was making her way to Northwatch Keep, an elder dragon in Riften, and a nether dragon in Riverwood that killed all of the guards and one of the townsfolk.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:05 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Dovahkiin Construction Company. That is what I've been doing lately. Then I took off and just explored the little dirt roads off of main roads or small paths in the hills. I've found many places that I knew were there, but haven't investigated with this character. Up to this point with the Orc, I've usually avoided places unless a quest sent me there. That has run its course. I'm checking things out.

Went back to Heljarchen Hall after spending a few days at my currently under construction house in the swamp. Spent some time there resting, managing loot and hunting. Now rested and fully stocked on food, Marcurio and I have headed back to Solstheim. We're intending to finish this business with Miraak once and for all.

Gotta read a book.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:34 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO
Platform: PC, PS4/3, Xbone
Long time no post, real life has gotten in the way.

Dalvus has been made Thane of the Reach and decided to swap out his hireling follower for his new Housecarl. He also took care of the mess with the forsworn while he was there. The next closest objective is just east of Solitude, so they hit the road.

Kadlin went to turn in her latest Dark Brotherhood quest only to find Cicero had made a mess of things and then ran away. She tracked him down, and decided to spare him. He is, after all, the only one who really respects her position as Listener. I think I've decided I'm going to rush through the rest of Dawnguard with her at this point, so that I can finish the Vampire questline and then have her cured. The more I play the more I realise the vampirism thing isn't for me.

Lastly, I installed a bunch of new mods, including an alternate start mod, and I set up xPadder so I could use my old logitech controller. To test it out, I started a new Roleplay character, based on Gourry Gabriev. Gourry ended up starting in Dawnstar and has been doing some mining and hunting to raise travel funds. He wants to go to Whiterun to join the Companions. He ran into a Skooma dealer while hunting. It was fun picking the most clueless option, and then slicing him up with a huge sword.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:36 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PS3 PS4
Other Profiles: BuzBee3(PSN)
That sounds good Jabberdave, I need to deal with Miraak too. My swamp house does not even have a door, I should take care of that. I am stuck on a book puzzle in Acropha? Gotta figure that out. I was trying to accumulate horses yesterday, and my PS3 froze twice. Just wanted to see if I could do it.. well spent most of the time on inventory managing and leveling up some Armor for Vorstag, as well as new Deadric items Ursula will be wearing with the Dragonscale. Looks pretty good so far. Today who knows, I kinda have a headache.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:45 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Cleared out Fort Amol with my fellow Legion buddies, then went on to the final showdown in Windhelm.
Took a while to bust our way to the Palace of the Kings. It's confusing distinguishing Stormcloaks from Imperials when they're in a group, so I tend to run about looking for bunches of Stormcloaks away from the mob.

Just outside the palace, I suddenly realised that Marcurio wasn't there, just a handful of other guys. I had forgotten about him, so instead of going into the palace, I back tracked to the entrance door, looking for him or worse, his dead body. I couldn't find him, so annoyingly I had to reload.

Second time round, he waited outside the city until Ulfric had been defeated. I chose the option of not giving him the satisfaction of having the Dragonborn kill him, so General Tullius did it instead.

Thus the quest for the reunification of Skyrim was complete.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 126  Next